Speaker 1: When I was in Ireland. It's the lamest I've ever felt, because I just like I couldn't stop trying to speak in like unconsciously.
Speaker 2: I would just be like, what's that exit? That's tough? You were like, yo, this is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you say? Oh my way?
Speaker 2: You would just like parrot back to people.
Speaker 1: Like I would like to hear it like a little entering, and I don't, and and then and then you're like, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. I'm I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm Canadian russ a self fell bro.
Speaker 1: That is the self Yeah, I mean this is my favorite type of book, the self el section.
Speaker 3: How to do ethnic accents, this self I'm going to this self Oh were you gonna be on the self l section?
Speaker 1: The self help? No no, no, no self hel. Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's been a few days. I'm a little rusty. I didn't know what to say. It's Monday, December, second month. You didn't know what to Saymber? I know, I got it crazy feeling. This is going to be a December to remember because I've been watching a lot of sports and there's a lot of ads.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think you're just leaven a bunch of big red bows around like a model Lexus, and like, I don't know, honey.
Speaker 2: This feels like maybe a December to remember this year.
Speaker 1: I'm just got this. I got a feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I so badly wanted to like the like the commercial, like I want to wear a chunky knit sweater.
Speaker 2: It's a white Christmas in that I.
Speaker 4: Live in a white neighborhood and it's all white people around. And then I come outside and her mags, she's like dangling some key.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brought outside and then it's hands over. It's not you're not let into a cornfield where you get the ship beaten out of you.
Speaker 2: With metal pipes. Yeah, I see itumber once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna fucking cube.
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna love it. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 4: It's a December, remember you because you're gonna beat Oh man, open my eyes. Oh my god, I got the new Lexus G e X nine, g n X whatever they're called.
Speaker 2: Yep it.
Speaker 1: She did put a big red bell on the metal pipe that her boyfriend beat me up with.
Speaker 2: That's so fucked up.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you gotta be Yeah, this is the pipe. I'm gonna beat you to death with thanks Babe. December to Remember.
Speaker 1: Oh man, all right, welcome to this December to Remember. First episode of December. We got the tree ever, we got the tree up?
Speaker 2: Oh I put that ship up.
Speaker 1: Yep, you got yours up? Nice? Oh my god, you're like SYNCD.
Speaker 4: I think we are trying to just bring the good vibes as quickly as possible.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, put the tree up. It something to do, something to do, something to do. You have fake tree or you go out the fake tree. Yeah, until the guy's child has like the wherewithal to be like, how can we have this thing that's poisoning our house with microplastics with the metal rod in the house?
Speaker 2: Can we get the real thing? I think we'll keep it up.
Speaker 4: Because also, like I don't want trees cost so much fucking money. Yeah that if you want a six footer in LA, that's a at minimum, like a buck fifty your.
Speaker 1: Panting, Yeah, it's pretty expensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So like that's why I'm like, I'll do it when it makes sense the kid wants it. For now, I'm saving one to fifty years, so that way when the kid wants the tree, then I can blow that on, like a seven thousand dollars Kardashian tree that won't even fit in my house.
Speaker 2: You have to put it in horizontally. Right.
Speaker 1: It's a great Christmas trees. I love the smell of a real Christmas tree. They are also great instruments for introducing all new spider populations into your house, which is nice.
Speaker 2: Oh, yours came with a bunch of free spiders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it always like I always find a weird spider or two around. Yeah, the tree or I don't know, maybe it's just the home depot of it all. But shout out a spider, shout out a spider. All right, this is the episode where we let you, you're welcome, get to know us a little bit better by telling you some things that we think are overrated, underrated, and then we'll get into some of the stories that are trending. We're trending over the weekend. Kick him off with a little underrated? Is there something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: Adam Vinitari is the kicker, right, Yes, then I'm kicking things off, and I'm going to ask that every time because I can't remember if it's Adam Vinitari.
Speaker 2: I think one time I said Vinnie Testa Verdi.
Speaker 4: Because it syllabically sort of their cousins.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna all the white Western European. Yeah, I don't know. Some it's like a remix. It's just a yeah, my.
Speaker 2: Brain, that's just how it hits my brain. You know, we just said under over.
Speaker 1: Why don't we kick off something underrated? Under underrated?
Speaker 4: Just how fucking off the rails Japanese TV can be.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, I can't believe this.
Speaker 4: What I don't know if you've heard of this place, Japan kind of have a dark stream if you look before World War Two? Whoa, the TV is absolutely like untethered, unhinged, just like you got an idea, let's make it if if it's it's like one of these things where writers can just like indulge themselves and then they just do that and there's no standards in practices at all.
Speaker 1: Case, so you're talking about Shogun, is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Japanese TJ They.
Speaker 2: Let those guys cut their bellies open with knives. Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Is that safe?
Speaker 2: Only in Japan? Thing?
Speaker 1: That's the catchphrase from Shogun Only in Japan.
Speaker 2: These guys are cutting their bellies with knives.
Speaker 4: So there's a show that I heard about and I started to watch a little bit of it. It's called Killer Cuts, which is interesting because that's also like a reference to like a bootleg final series that I used to have when I was DJing.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I was like, what the fuck is this? It's a Japanese comedy show.
Speaker 4: It's causing a slight controversy with medical professionals, specifically like the Japanese like National Association of Anesthesiologists. Why oh well, let me tell you so basically in this so it's like a bunch of weird shit like challenges that are cocted that comedians do. Like the first episode was people fighting with stun guns. It was like straight up jackass type stuff, but with like the least kind of like they're not like athletes. They're just funny people who you get to see be like, OHI just like hitting each other. They're wearing like wrestling singlets and like doing like the beat it style knife fight except with taser.
Speaker 1: Are they tied together at the hand?
Speaker 4: I wish they were, but they're not, because then you could have done my cheating things you just stab their arm a bunch.
Speaker 2: That's right there.
Speaker 1: You got your yeah, medically assisted version of freeze tag where you have.
Speaker 4: A right device that makes that and you get locked up. So basically this episode that is causing controversy, it's called like the Dying Message Challenge, and where these comedians go to a medical office for like a gastroscopy, Like I guess they're like putting like a tube down your like gut gullet.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not a professional, but.
Speaker 4: They're doing like that's the procedure. But before they do it, they have to go under it like general anesthesia. And as that's happening, right, the challenge for these persons like they have to basically have their wits about them the entire time because as they are being put under, a fucking murder is staged in front of them, and they have to try and keep their shit together long enough to write down the details of the murder so that they could help sort of like these fake detectives in the show solve the case based on like what they can scrawl out as they're being dosed with propafall.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: It's like stuff like, oh, the receptionist lover's quarrel. Like, but the like you can see them slowly go under as yeah, they're trying to write all of this shit out. And then afterwards, like the detectives come in and they pretend to do an investigation and they come upon the paper which will help or not help solve the case. Because sometimes people just write nonsense. It's just so wacky to hear. Like every time I just described the show out loud to non Japanese people this last weekend, everyone.
Speaker 2: Was like, what the fuck are you talking about? And I'm like, dude, you know how.
Speaker 4: Like in the movies, people have been like I remember, very murkily, like what happened?
Speaker 2: They wanted to at least test that out, yeah, and see what would happen.
Speaker 4: It feels like it maybe it could have been a cracked video that never happened.
Speaker 1: I don't think we would. Like anesthesiologists are the medical profession that requires the most insurance because they kill so many people accidentally, so that feels feels very dangerous. But yet those messages they write down are pretty whack.
Speaker 4: The funniest part like let me just show you this, uh, just you can just see this guy as he's like struggling at the very end, write down the details, like like when he was in the reception room for this medical procedure, like the actors were pretending, like the doctors having an affair, so he kind of like able to piece stuff together. Then he sees the doctor get stabbed. And then this is him writing out the details.
Speaker 1: He's like his Oh, he's.
Speaker 2: Trying to and he's gone. He's out.
Speaker 1: He's out. So did they have something up his ass at that point?
Speaker 4: No, No, it was something that went down his nose or so got it. Yeah, I don't know whatever the mouth went in, but it was so in case he started vomiting from the ship that he would be okay. And he had a little receptacle. He was fine.
Speaker 2: But again Wild TV, Wild TV.
Speaker 1: Yet yet another time that Brian the editor is going to have to edit out me saying asking if someone has something up their ass at this time.
Speaker 4: That's just that's just a regular scarecrow in a cornfield, all right.
Speaker 1: It's usually on mad dusties or just watching the NBA highlight And.
Speaker 2: Well, how Choman get up like that? You must have a huh.
Speaker 1: He probably sitting his ass right Okay, moving along, I underrated a good lazy riv lazy river. Baby. We stayed at a hotel we went we went to visit my parents for Thanksgiving, stayed at a hotel near their place that had a lazy river. And usually it's like I guess in my experience, it's been an add on for like after you've done the water slides one hundred times, its like and or your elderly and like don't can't do the water slides because like shake you like a bag of glass and uh. But yeah, there were only like a couple of water slides. But this lazy river, my kids were just playing in it all day long. I was playing in it with them. It just became like, I don't know, We're like making up games, creating flotillas, trying to do a full lap against the stream. Your full lap against the stream with my kids is a great workout, a lot of fun. You know, you like have the experience of them like drifting away from you're like no, no, and you grab them.
Speaker 4: I got you, I got him, and you're a three man chain.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like we should be exploring more alternatives to just regular pools, like more active rivers. I don't know. One thought that did repeatedly pop into my head is like this has to be super dangerous because there's many parts of the lazy river where like nobody's looking.
Speaker 4: Oh sure liked corner that the lifeguard wouldn't be able to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but yeah, the kid would float around quickly enough that they'd get to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that you'd see the face down floater within five minutes. Yeah, it'll drift to you eventually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, so a lot love it, just like having a thing that like you're just like trying to squeeze every last drop out of you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's hard to burn out on a lazy river.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, there, it's the possibilities are endless because.
Speaker 4: You you can have a fun time fucking around in it, or you actually don't feel bad about just like laying down because you're moving and you know, I don't know, I'm going on this liquid conveyor belt.
Speaker 1: A six year old's in a real stage where he's just loving music. He's just like, ah, man, like the way like music makes me feel so many like emotions and like when I close my eyes, that's just like picture like all these cool things. Yeah, so okay, he was just on his back on a float with like cartoonishly chilling, you know, like chilling the hardest.
Speaker 2: Anyone like a bluetooth or just like the ambient lazy river views.
Speaker 1: They had ambient lazy river music. It was bad. The music was not great. For still they had some hits. And then also it being Florida, some kind of new country, it was not my taste tempo.
Speaker 2: He was like, Dad, what's this sound? He's like, oh, I think this is sound.
Speaker 4: This is looking for, this is this is why I'm hot by Morgan Wallen Whalen.
Speaker 1: All right, what's something he thinks? Overrated?
Speaker 4: Overrated? These Netflix Christmas movies. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Look, and this is kind of a specific take. I was excited that a new player had entered the holid bad Holiday movie.
Speaker 1: Game, and you are holiday movie expert. I fucking yeah.
Speaker 4: But now that I've seen Hot Frosty, The Merry Gentleman, and Our Little Secret starring Lindsay Lohan, I can safely say that these are like bad holiday movies. Like holiday movies are supposed to be bad, but these are the bad version. Yeah, because like these films they understand the tropes and the stakes of any good holiday movie, like you need a love triangle or unrequited love or a romantic secret, and then you couple that with some like Christmas aesthetics and bad acting on boom, you got a fucking holiday movie. But Netflix is doing like a slight upgrade to this formula with well known actors like you know, Chad Michael Murray or Lindsay Lohan and stuff like that. And you know, not that I'm saying like these are the Thespians of our time, but like these are well known performers, and I think we're we're used to seeing these people be in like a certain level of production where the scripts feel like they were written by actual creative humans. So there's like a certain standard you have in mind. So sadly the bar has been set in your mind. So when you see them doing like a like a holiday movie, which part of it is like intentionally supposed to be kind of shitty, it's kind of it's jarring, and I'm like, Yo, this is like bad because this person's like has a career and I don't like this.
Speaker 1: You're like, this is worried about their career.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I'm more like I started becoming like what's wrong? Like are they okay?
Speaker 2: Because this is it?
Speaker 4: You shouldn't be in this part of town. You should What are you doing in this part of town?
Speaker 1: This is it for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, get out of here, bro they those kids are not playing catch with that tennis ball. Get out of this part of town.
Speaker 4: And I like the Hallmark movies because the actors are mostly unknown and you are expecting to watch some holiday horseshit. So it's like like I like in the like the traditional bad holiday movie, Like it's comforting because it's like you're you're like at a holiday karaoke and everyone that's going up to sing kind of sucks at singing, but in a fun way that's disarming, and you're like, all right, the holidays are here trying their best, like well, it's just fuck it cool, they're living there, weird dream And these movies that Netflix has made kind of just come off as like subpar bullshit. And I think it's because the budgets are not low enough and I think they're just doing.
Speaker 2: It's lacking something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then part of me starts thinking about AI shit, and like, is there like a darker ulterior motive here, like they're priming all of us for like AI slop scripts where the audience will like breathlessly accept fatal plot holes and dialogue that comes from like a shrewd induced fever dream and just and so people can act like standards haven't totally cratered. That's like the part I get. But anyway, I don't like. I like that there were higher concept that's fine, but then when the act, like when the everything's bad and the performers are well known, it just doesn't.
Speaker 2: It doesn't hit all the notes from my brain.
Speaker 4: I need it to just be all unknowns or like slightly known people like I'm fine with like Team Mout like one of the Tea and Tamara Mawory.
Speaker 2: Like one of those twins, the Sister Sister Twins.
Speaker 4: I'm fine that, Like I haven't seen you in a minute, you're doing TV fine, But like these other people who.
Speaker 1: Figure out where the bar is. Because you mentioned Chad Michael Murray as being too good an actor.
Speaker 4: No I no, no, no, I said I didn't.
Speaker 2: I was very clear.
Speaker 4: It's not about their acting, it's about how well known, like well known they are known to us and you're like, well, yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Immediately are like, this is Chad Michael Murray. What's happening?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Even then I'm like, I know his face, so I'm like, I'm like, now, what the fuck is going on with this guy?
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn, he's only two years older than me. Shit, I look better than him. But yeah, you know, there's that kind of stuff happens.
Speaker 4: I like the unknowns if it makes it more, it makes it feel like what.
Speaker 2: The holiday movie is supposed to be.
Speaker 4: And I just I realize this now now that they're ju supposed with each other.
Speaker 1: Our Little Secret caught my attention just the title, because that's very sinister. I feel if nobody ever says this will be our little if they're not like committing some sort of crime.
Speaker 4: That one's so bad because the whole thing hinges on these two people who are like x Is fifteen years ago. They come back to their hometown where they're dating like these new people, but the people they're dating are siblings. So they meet at this holiday party unexpectedly, and Lindsay Lohan's introduced to her ex and they both pretend they don't know each other.
Speaker 2: Ah, and you're like, what's the point of that?
Speaker 4: Sure, like, and everything hinges on them keeping its secret that they used to date and then eventually they fall in love or whatever. And I know I'm thinking too deeply about it, But like anytime I've been you know, like when you get introduced to somebody like oh this is so so you're like you what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what are you doing here? It's not like, oh, they instinctively pretend like they don't know each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it like it their breakup was awkward. Whatever, I'm done, Let's move on. I'm too upset. Just give us something positive. Jack, what's what's your what's your oprated?
Speaker 1: I mean all right, I could go with America's inability to acknowledge grief, or hotels a parent need to carpet luggage racts like put you know, like the rolling luggage acts they always have carpet on the bottom. I just find that weird. Yeah, I don't know. I was a bell hop. That was one of my first jobs out of college, if you will. Yeah, I think it's for friction, But like I had to, you know, we we are not the latest travelers in the world, and we had an early flight so I got to relive my old but butling days and go down and get the luggage track on my own to the right side. Baby, that was spinning that thing. I was really trying to exactly. They're steering from the wrong side. I mean, I can steer from the right wrong side to like make it do what I wanted to do.
Speaker 4: You always said, Yo, I can, I can steer from the back, baby, don't work.
Speaker 1: I say that a lot, but yeah, it had. I feel like there's always this like gray thin carpet at the bottom that I guess has to be just to like prevent really nice luggage from getting dinged.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's also just like the filthiest carpet that I ever encounter.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's like it's not even gray. That used to be white, just.
Speaker 1: Like polar bear white before. But yeah, I don't I don't know necessarily why it's always been carpeted, but it does seem like it's just a trend that is is always there carpet on that. And then I don't know, do we have to talk about America's inability with knowledge grief?
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can say that one other time. Yeah, I don't know. I was I was in Florida. I was listening to Griffin Newman on the podcast blank Check talk about this trip he took to Poland and just like how haunted like a city that he was visiting there felt by like the sense and you get this in a lot of cities around the world, or just like places around the world where there's just a sense of the history and the bad things that have happened there. And right they're appropriately haunted by the events of their past because they acknowledge and live with it, and it's not just immediately like pathologized and excised from the national shared consciousness is like a thing that we got to move past. How do we move past this? Moving forward? I'm reading this book, The Wild Edge of Sorrow that a friend of mine recommended. That's all about just like looking at darkness and like sorrow and you know, the uncomfortable emotions and not trying to just like move past them. And it spends a couple of paragraph like talking about the deep Water Horizon, which the movie was sick the movie, I think it had just happened when the book was written, and at first it seemed to I was like, why do they keep dwelling on this ecological that happened a thousand news cycles ago. But then the more you think about it, the more I remember what it felt like at the time before it had been turned into a Mark Wahlberg movie, And the more I realized, like, it's actually weird that, like, we shouldn't have yes passed this so easily, Sandy Hook, We should not have pushed past that so easily, you know it was.
Speaker 2: I think those things, like those events, they were so bad.
Speaker 4: We like, to your point, we could not acknowledge how bad it was when you're like, I'm sorry, this thing's just shitting out oil into the Gulf of Mexico. Yeah, and then it's like, yeah, like we've never fucking seen before and it's destroying everything, and you're like everything, is there something else happening in twenty Was that twenty ten? I think that we can like just do that, and yeah, that totally makes sense because I remember.
Speaker 1: Getting a news cycle a year down the road about how everything's gone completely back to normal and like all the animals are fine with it, and actually they kind of like the oil because.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly rostier now that they have a thin layer of petroleum on them, like, yeah, I think it felt like one of those things like we we just can't acknowledge how, and the same with Sandy Hook, like it's so horrifying, but that I don't know, is it just because we don't actually deal with it at that point, were like we need to actually rethink our ability like what we're doing with a fossil fuel extraction, or we need to rethink guns exactly.
Speaker 2: Like no, no, no, no, no, just I can go and this other things happen.
Speaker 4: Remember Alan Grayson, he's in Congress and he's saying some spicy stuff. I remember that was like a thing in the news at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's not profitable to dwell on it and it doesn't work with whatever is going to like extract the most profit from the you know, the country, and so we just have to like move past it. I don't know. I feel like Florida is just this perfect encapsulation of everything about how America deals with any of that shit. There's just no history. It's just this clean new shopping complex carved into the natural world. I don't know. I was in like Bonita Springs outside of Naples, so I can't speak for all of Florida obviously, but it's like there's all this beautiful nature, but like the second to any like building or cultural artifact like gets old, like the second like get it out. Yeah, it just gets turned over into something more profitable. Yeah, yeah, exactly, there's so many kudobas. But yeah, I feel like we stay optimistic because it's good for business. We destroy all evidence because it's like good for business, and it only like comes up through the cracks and like our horror movies or you know, like I have to assume the truth will eventually out that you can't just like day aloft on determination to ignore the void below you like Wi Lee Coyote. But we're trying now. Yeah, I think we're about to live through a period where we're going to see the uh you know that tested. We're going to watch The.
Speaker 2: Deep Water Horizon pasted it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Mark Wahlberg our way through it.
Speaker 4: He's gonna watch Mark Wahlberg is end up playing Trump in some fucking yeah movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know whatever.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Uh fucking carpet on luggage racks. No need, Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some of the stuff that is trending and was trending over the weekend. And we're back. We're back, and and Joe Biden has pardoned Hunter Biden. Last name is Yea. Not a coincidence that Jesus, however, won't be partnering Biden, according to social media. Oh so yeah, I don't know. Everybody knows by now. Biden pardoned his son Hunter, who was facing charges for purchasing a gun, I think felony charges for purchasing a gun when he had failed a drug test. I don't know all the details of it, but it was like he committed crime.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, yeah, I mean it was he committed a crime. I think a lot of it was added scrutiny because he was Hunter Biden. And I think that's probably why that was sort of Joe Biden's reasoning, was it, like, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at me, he committed a crime.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's because it's because everybody hates me, man, So I had to do that again the world.
Speaker 2: Doug wild though, too, because I remember when he was convicted, He's like.
Speaker 4: I'm not pardoning him, yeah, And it's like, bro, you know, you're like sure, whatever, I mean Also, it doesn't seem like I don't think he was really going to go to prison necessarily, but here he is doing. Yeah, I'm not shocked at all. Whatever, Like every like you know, Bill Clinton pardoned his brother, remember old Roger, and you just look at like for all that. I just love seeing the pearl clutching from Republicans right now. It's like everything is just like you're like, dude, guys, shut the fuck up, are you serious? Like Trump pardoned like fucking Steve Bannon, and like Jared Kushner's dad without fucking question.
Speaker 1: Pardon now, Jared Kushner's dad is going to be the ambassador to France.
Speaker 2: Exactly these are I mean.
Speaker 4: And I think also this should maybe demonstrate to Republicans.
Speaker 1: Too that there's not much different.
Speaker 4: There's not much difference between the two the two parties really. I mean, when people U send to those heights, they they like to use the perks of their power to do stuff like this, and that includes you know, bailing out bailing out Old Hunty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if the Democrats ever win another office, they need to put Hunter in charge of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the ATF you know, oh yeah, the move.
Speaker 4: Wait, but what about his salvation there? People are just like this guy. He's yo in Jesus terms, he's still fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah. John Rich on Twitter on x.
Speaker 2: Oh from Big and Rich, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I think that's that was the same guy who played at the fucking North Carolina Maga fest.
Speaker 1: Oh right, yeah yeah yeah, fan of his work, that's Big and Rich. Yeah yeah, he tweeted. Uh, Joe Biden just pardoned Hunter, but Jesus won't. And then a lot of Christians took an issue with the suggest that Jesus will one day get his revenge on Hunter. Biden, I don't know, like all the someone respectfully, all he has to do is ask, and yes, Jesus will John when dey God for long enough, he turns them over to a reprobate mind and is done with them. Read romans won Uh Lee, Yes, Jesus will, dependent on Hunter's repentance, of course. Uh keep Turnerd tweeted Hunter will more likely never receive Christ because he doesn't see the need. Sadly, his daddy never let him grow up. So it really took me back to like living in Kentucky there. This was the type of ship people would gossip over about, like whether somebody was saved and uh yeah who was saved who wasn't? Uh, including a kid who died of a brain aneurism Jesus. What they were like speculating like yeah, I heard a talk about out like and people are really upset because they think he wasn't saved yo, which was yeah.
Speaker 4: But hey man, that's that's that's why Christianity so heavy, man, because there's how people you talk about it.
Speaker 1: Definitely, the people who uh Jesus in the Bible liked and valued most were the ones who gossiped over who did bad stuff and whether they were Definitely they're nailing the message. Yeah yeah, I am just gonna say, you know, who else had a powerful father and like to hang out with sex workers? I don't know many.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe we should.
Speaker 4: You know, the let he who cast the first stone don't smoke crack with your okay yeah yeah, something like that. You remember the books as well as I do.
Speaker 2: You know What's interesting?
Speaker 4: I wonder how like, as as we talk about how to upset write more and more. I feel like someone like a prominent atheist needs to come out to just be like respond to a tweet like this or be like yeah, maybe he got partoned, but Jesus won't and like the guy doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What is what is?
Speaker 2: What is your what is your currentcy?
Speaker 4: Because I can already see how much how loaded that is to say that I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm in my bad Boy era. You know, I want to hear yeah when.
Speaker 1: I hear people create a name for this era at this time, okay.
Speaker 2: My take that, take that era? No shit, no, no, what am I saying?
Speaker 1: Watch a lot of college basketball over the long weekend and there was a what one of the tournaments was like the bad Boy Mower's Battle for Atlantis was I was like, what a time to be throwing that name for lawnmower company around.
Speaker 4: I just feel bad for that woman who is like, hey man, actually, you know, like all you have to do is ask Jesus and then it's done.
Speaker 2: And then these people like to.
Speaker 4: Gate keep their weird karmic police version of Christ where they're like, no, he will smite you because I don't like you, and because I can't violate the laws of Earth, I will live in a fantasy world where you will be Smoten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, been finally Smoten to. It is kind of wild, like people had all these ideas about what Biden could get busy doing, like now that he was a lame duck and there was an incoming fascist regime that hey, and you know, Harris seemed to agree was going to like dismantle the government as we know it. And you know, people are like, okay, day one, we got to get busy like packing the court and doing And his official actions have been to tell everybody to chill out and then a like can't beat him, join them, pardon for his son, which.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, look again, that's the superpower of liberalism is to see a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, call it out and invest in some solutions. Anyway, all right, big news from over the weekend, Mawana too.
Speaker 2: Did you see any of Wicked or Gladiator?
Speaker 1: Gladiator too?
Speaker 2: And was it was it wacky fun.
Speaker 4: That what?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It's like a bee you know, solid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Denzel, Like I was a little worried Denzel was just gonna like have a few scenes. Uh they Denzel is used adequately, I think, Yeah, that's what I hear people.
Speaker 4: Denzel's killing it and Glad like, oh I didn't realize he was in it like that, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Release the kiss scene. Thank you. Anyways, I want to talk about something. I've long been an advocate of movies over series when when in doubt, I just feel like I would rather watch a movie have consumed a piece of art, not have like the people who made it be trying to get me to come back for another one, like you know, like their great series that couldn't have been accomplished with a movie. But Malanta too. They were going to drop this as like a streaming series on Disney Plus and nobody was going to notice that shit whatsoever. And at some point they decided to just like chop it down turn it into a feature film, and so I think it was expected to do. Like as they were coming closer to it, they were like, oh shit, like there's actually a huge appetite for this, for this huge movie has been in the top ten every year of like streaming shows like Across, Like nothing makes it into the top ten that's not on Netflix usually. Man has been to the top ten every year since it came out, Like it's it's the only movie that just like fucking states, Yeah, it's always there.
Speaker 2: It's like THEE is staying power like on the chart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, it's it was drake for a long time. Yeah. So it was expected to do one hundred and thirty five million dollars at the domestic box office, which would have been a crazy amount of money for a movie to make, Like it would have broken the previous record of one twenty five set by Frozen two. And it made two hundred and twenty five million domestic, Like she's well, yeah, just in the US. But yeah, I don't know. I I was like talking to my brother in law over the Thanksgiving break and there are just so many good shows. So he's like a series person. He likes to watch a good series. And there's just like so many that like I didn't even notice came out. There are many.
Speaker 2: It's a disservice to creators.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying people should think about trying to like cut them down. I don't know, maybe you could always release it as like the extended like series cut or something, but fucking like people want movies like people, uh you know, to quote the Nicole kidman amc Ad low Key when you're here, shit hits different, you know. But yeah, I don't know. The companies that used to like make movies got told by Wall Street that they should make endless amounts of streaming content, and then they dropped so much content nobody can watch it all. Can't all be good. The entire streaming product gets watered down.
Speaker 4: And I feel like the people who are up on like every show like that, it's like that's their job. Like when I see it, like Ashley Ray or whatever, she's watching every show, but that's like entirely.
Speaker 2: Her, like her lane, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any other time book critic, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And I'm always I'm always impressed by the people who have like caught up like on almost nearly every show because I just I'm a completionist. I think that's why, for the same reason I prefer a movie too, because like I'm like, yeah, I can, I can watch this, and then I'm like, well, now I gotta watch I gotta do this seventeen more times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My wife tends to get like, uh into she's tilting on a show, like after an episode ends with a cliffhanger, it's like we got to do one more, and I'm like I'm trying to go to sleep before Yeah, one am tonight, Right.
Speaker 2: You're going you're getting up in three hours?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 2: No, I gotta know. I think it was.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the nurse did it. All right, you go to sleep. I'll let you know.
Speaker 4: Have you ever done that where you have to tap out and then you go all right? You watched this one and then just just when we who watch the next one?
Speaker 2: Just just tell tell me what happened because I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't yeaheah, but I don't know. It's the most any movie has ever made over a five day long weekend. And also it's kind of interesting, like cutting shows down into movies. I didn't realize this, but uh, I previously mentioned the podcast blank Check. They're doing like their David Lynch series right now, and mohalland Drive is like widely agreed to be David Lynch's best movie by like critics. At least it's ranked as like The Guardian I think did digest they like pulled one hundred and seventy seven film critics in twenty sixteen and it was ranked the number one like best movie of the twenty first century. Which I watched it when it came out. I don't know, I thought it was cool. But that was originally a TV pilot that was like like he had made Twin Peaks and that like hit with audiences in the nineties somehow, and so they were like, do another one, and so he was making this TV show and they were like this shit is way too weird. Sorry, man, it's the two thousands, get the fuck out of here. And so, and he didn't want to release it as a movie, but like he got like some producers convinced him to ABC had like thrown out all the costumes and ship all the like, had destroyed all the sets, and so he like really didn't want to do it. And that's why the third act of the movie, in which like all the characters swap identities, it's basically them just like trying to trying to fix a technical problem that like they had thrown out all this shit and didn't have enough money to like but yeah, I don't know, Like Beatle Just Too was supposed to be go straight to max. It ended up being like a massive hit.
Speaker 4: Oh they did do well monetarily, just too, ye said, Beetles just did crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a massive thing.
Speaker 2: I count on you for this information. Man, I just go, I just go.
Speaker 4: You just just my nose takes me like like the cartoons just wafting me to the theaters with nostalgia.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know. I'm just saying, guys, get give it a chance. Give these movie things a chance. It seems like people want to go to the movies. Uh yeah, Radiator to a lot of fun. I still need to see Wicked. But Wicked like this past weekend, like in its second weekend out still made like over one hundred million. So yeah, that movie's crushing. People are like, is it going to win Best Picture? Because it's like.
Speaker 4: It better concerning all the people I know that are holding space right now for the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Will the oscars hold space?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, that is what I wanted to happen. That is exactly what I wanted to happen. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and close it out. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're we got another nominee that has caused people to say, can he do that? Any nominees?
Speaker 2: Every nominee feels like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, been a real air bud situation ever since he got no.
Speaker 2: Truly, it's not it's not not in the rules.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the Cash Paatel being tapped to head the FBI is one that is definitely a lot of people are like, ooh, apparently he was being he was potentially going to be deputy director. But the I think it was the Missouri attorney general that Trump interviewed at mar A Lago, Like Trump was like I don't like his vibe, like he was down to destroy like law enforcement. But they're like, he doesn't have the right quality a certain genese quah to fucking not to be director. So that's how Patel ascended to this position. This is what's wild about this I mean this guy. He is definitely one of the most brazen like loyalists in Trump's circle. And Cash Pattel is on fucking every conspiracy theory that absolves Trump of any kind of wrongdoing. Like he's into QAnon, he's anti vax it stopped the steam, it's all this shit. And he has consistently talked about going after Trump's critics, much like the Attorney general pick Pam Bondy. And so he'll probably be one of like the first appointees, even more so than Pam Bondy, I think to really test like what the guardrails are in terms of what the courts are able to prevent, because you think about it, he's he's gonna weaponize the FBI to fuck with people that are not falling in line with Trump, probably specifically like Democrats, who have you know, been a been a thorn in his side. Let's put it lightly. Yeah, that's where you're gonna see him again. Like you're like, okay, what are they gonna tap people's phones? Typically you need like evidence or probable cause and a court, like a judge has to sign off on it. Are these all these things gonna get side stepped and basically just do this all illegally just because you have all the toys to do that. Will the courts intervene? I mean we've already seen that. The Supreme Court is like, I don't know, dude, ever fucking wrong, I don't care, due fucking just buy me a new RV and we're fucking day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because the other thing too is you don't like these people, don't like any target of Trump wouldn't even necessarily need to be prosecuted. Just merely having an investigation launched is enough to fucking jar someone like, you know, it would make the target of investigations life a legal and financial hell because you bleed hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees just to contend with an investigation. And really, I think that's the point is they'll probably go after a few people, create the fear, and then like, you know, be like you don't want that, dude, because.
Speaker 2: Remember what happened to this person. Remember what happened to that person.
Speaker 4: And that's where I think is the freaky part of what we're gonna see is like him truly turning, you know, turning the FBI on white American.
Speaker 1: People this time, right, so it could be.
Speaker 4: Very Yeah, I mean, I think this is the one A lot of people are like, this guy fucking never says no to Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't get this by the fact that he wants to tear down the FBI, and like, don't don't get distracted by his good ideas because he is a full on QAnon believer. Like that's when we first were talking about QAnon. It was like this thing that existed in the depths of the Internet, and now it's like the armed wing of the federal government is going to be run by someone who seems to actually like believe in this death cult that Donald Trump is the figurehead of. He wrote a children's book about Donald Trump being King. Also, there's this Guardian article on the PTEL appointment that just mentions, like other people that he appointed recently, it says, shows no sign of moderating his leadership choices for his upcoming administration. Over the weekend, he tapped Charles Kushner, father of his son in law Jared Kushner and a convicted felon and who he pardoned in twenty twenty, as US ambassador to France. On Sunday, he announced on truth Social that he'd chosen his daughter Tiffany's father in law Asad bullohs, I don't know how that's pronounced, to be Senior advisor on Arab and Middle Eastern affairs. Bulos, a Lebanese billionaire, was active in Trump's presidential campaign, Like he talked, I guess openly about how he's you know, only trusts billionaires to write and he's just going with the billionaires that he knows. That's that's where we're headed.
Speaker 2: Or like bloodthirsty cops.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, this one bloodthirsty cop. I was like, oh, this one at least doesn't seem like it's overtly corrupt. He's picked a county sheriff, Chad Cronister from Florida to head the Drug Enforcement Administration. His father in law, however, was pardoned by Trump three years ago on a conviction for involvement gambling fraud case. And his father in law is a billionaire owner of the forty nine Ers, the NFL football team.
Speaker 4: So cool, cool, Yeah, I mean it, it just makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's just open oligarchy.
Speaker 4: Step right up, here's your chance to run something into the ground or play pretend with a powerful position.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it doesn't I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just like at first I was like, oh this, this can't be good, and now we're just fully becoming numb to how you know. I guess this is just very normal for Trump though, too very normal Trump picks, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Just things that would be like massive red flags if you were doing them in a car repair shop, you know, and he's doing them like running who.
Speaker 2: The guy who stole catalytic converters a bunch, Like, wasn't he convicted? Yeah? Yeah, but he now he's good at fixing catalytic converter stuff.
Speaker 1: Just family, all family. It's all family and people who've like given him money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well I guess that's the secret. Folks. Just be a billionaire and just watch this space.
Speaker 1: Watch this space for more exciting developments. We gotta we gotta do a Trump free one of these days. What do we think? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't want Thursdays? Is that what we I mean, that's that's where it started. We started with Trump free Thursdays. So maybe we we bring back Trump free Thursdays.
Speaker 1: I think let let us know, uh, if you if you're hungry for some Trump free days.
Speaker 4: We haven't even started the administration, and we can replace it with crypto tips, so I don't know that could work too.
Speaker 2: You know, might as well get ahead of stuff. Did you see the cash hotel?
Speaker 4: He posted the fucking saddest image on his Twitter that was like him, look at this the Guardians Galaxy.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it says fight cash, wizards and warlocks.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, I don't know what I mean. Like everyone is so for lack of a better word, stupid.
Speaker 4: I just don't like it's dangerous, you know, what I mean when it's like you there, suddenly you have all this like law enforcement mechanisms at your disposal.
Speaker 2: But then I don't know if he's gonna just be like I don't know, I don't know. I'm just I guess.
Speaker 4: I'll just wait to see what happens as it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's there's so much we can't.
Speaker 4: One version is you just want to cope and be like, oh man, those people are so fucking out of it that they're just gonna be like they're not gonna get anything done. But it's also like I if someone is holding like a big cannon, I'm like, do I take the person who is experienced but evil or someone who doesn't even know how a cannon works?
Speaker 1: Man, I'm like the.
Speaker 2: One who doesn't know how it's gonna work.
Speaker 4: I feel like they're gonna wheel it into like a crowded place and it's gonna accidentally go off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we'll just just Hey, let's live in the present, and we have the great President Joe Biden, who's done absolutely nothing after sounding the alarms about a fascist takeover, and he's just laying down temperatures.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, River right now.
Speaker 2: Just a.
Speaker 1: Lazy river, dude.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna fight the current right now. I'm fucking so old, dude.
Speaker 1: That's that's a kid's game. That's my one note for the precugs and Minority Report. Why not just float in a lazy river. That would at least be fun for them.
Speaker 2: You know, I think they're okay floating in the milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the milk looks comfy, all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday, December second. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the Ship. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine and get your flu shots. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk you out.
Speaker 2: Tomar Mike, oh bye.