Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Hello, my friend, I'm so excited as it's so good to see you.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, you look fabulous.
Speaker 1: So do you oh my bish? Oh and your hair is lighter, I know you've had it blonder and Okay. So for anyone that doesn't know, Brittany and I were in a movie together. I think it was the first ever TV movie musical called Missiletones twenty twelve. We filmed it twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Oh, it seems like yesterday. We were babies babies and you.
Speaker 1: Were a baby. I wasn't a baby.
Speaker 3: Oh you are baby, Oh my goodness, and hopping baby, which you know you kept secret. Okay, wait, so this is saying.
Speaker 1: You can say whatever the fuck you want.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: I'm an open book at this point, but I have to lose. Yeah, I couldn't remember. I was like, gosh, because you were like my ride and I in the movie, like I was Marci, you were Stacy. But on set we were actually like good friend. You were like we moved as a unit, like we became really good friends.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: So I was wondering and I couldn't remember. Did I confide in you and tell you or I didn't tell you. I didn't.
Speaker 3: We talked about everything. We talked about like we did your family. We talked a.
Speaker 1: Lot, same sister, same you did too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to a nasty divorce and we talked about that.
Speaker 2: And but no, you legit kept that secret.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 2: You did such a good job.
Speaker 3: I was impressed because it's a hard thing to keep the secret.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh my.
Speaker 3: Gosh, were you exhausted and like, okay, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: It's like I could tell people, but I've had no one to connect with that was in it with me except you now to be like this is what was happening, and you were there with me. So So I had just had my fourth No, sorry, take that back, I lost count. I have so many kids, know they're coming out of everywhere. Well they kind of wore. But so I had just had my third baby, Pattie, Yes, and I I just remember we were doing our reality show. I was, you know, hosting craft Wars. Then all of a sudden, I got offered this movie and I was like, oh my gosh, yeah, like you know, not that I hadn't been doing acting for a bit, but there was you know, there was kind of a pause, and then I was sudden, I'm the reality girl. I'm like, but I want to I want to act again. And TV movies were like my bread and butter during the day, you know. And so when this came along, I had just found out that I was pregnant. And oh I found out because I was at the upfronts for my reality show and I got a terrible migraine. I was there with my newborn who was a month old, my other two kids, and I got such a bad migraine. I you know, did what they needed me to do, and I had to go to the er and my husband took me to the er and it was like out of a soap opera. Literally, they were like, okay, you know, we want to give you, you know, pain medication and this cocktail. It's going to help the migraine. And I like, had such a horrible migraine. And they said, but before we do that, we just have to do, like, you know, a p test, just to make sure you're not pregnant. And I was like, I'm not pregnant. I was like, in fact, I have a newborn home. She's a month old, Like I just had a baby. No worries, and they were like, I'm sorry, it's protocol. So they did the p test and then the doctor came in.
Speaker 3: It was like.
Speaker 1: Straight out of like Days of Our Lives or something, and he was like, uh, misspelling, holding the clipboard dressed and my eyes are like half open because I was in so much pain. He's like, so we got the results and you're pregnant, and I was just like what my eyes open for that. I was like again, no, no, no, it's just not possible, like I just had a newborn. And they said, well, okay, we can't give you any medication. I was like, we have to break the migraine. I have to work tomorrow. And I said, well, is there another option. We can do a blood test and I said, do the blood test. I'm not pregnant. Yeah, do the blood test. It up came back. It was like it was like that human that like takes like fifty piece sticks and like my pregnant and pregnant just throws them all out. I was like, keep going, keep going, you know, and came back and they're like, you're one thousand percent pregnant early on. So anyway, so that happened.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I got offered this movie, and I just remember thinking, oh my gosh, like I'm supposed to be singing and dancing and being cute, and I don't know, I know it doesn't work that way anymore, but still, I was like, I don't want anything to jeopardize this, so I'm not going to tell them I'm pregnant. So by the time I left to do the movie, unfortunately, because I got pregnant a month after. Weeks after I had a sea section and it was my third one, and the doctor said, you know, you know, they always tell you can't have sex, you know, like six weeks, especially with the sea section. And I just remember three weeks after we had Hattie, my husband being like getting frisky and I was like, wait, wait, we can't we have to wait six weeks and he's like, I don't think we waited that long, you know before, Like I think, I think it's fine, and they're not putting any blame on him. I was a willing participant here, yeah, so I was like, okay, okay, and yeah that one time, right, Yeah, so you're pregnantulating like not at all, how it's so star So there came Finn and unfortunately, because I got placent to previa, which you basically yes, it's like covering the cervix and it's super dangerous and they can't tell you why you get it, but probably because the scarring and the I got pregnant so fast after it wasn't healed and anyway, I got placenta previa. So I had my first bleed like days before I left for Utah for missiletones, and I'm talking, I thought I was having a miscarriage. There was blood everywhere, and I was horrified. And my doctor, who was also a good is also a good friend, said, I came in, he saw me, and he said, the baby looks good, like it's early on. We can't predict what's gonna happen, but in no way, shape or form, you going and doing this is going to put it at risk, you know, if it's not meant to be and it's gonna go. So I got on that plane thinking terrified because I was like, oh my gosh, I'm thought I was having a miscarriage. I'm pregnant. I don't want to lose my baby. I'm terrified to tell them I'm pregnant. And then they were like it was the whole issue. I mean, you're a singer, so you're a great singer. But as you know, I've been better since I was on mass singer. I did. I did okay, But singing was like a huge fear of mine. And they're like, and it's a musical. I'm like, oh, I don't tell musical.
Speaker 2: I know that was a huge spear of yours.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Well, when I was young, someone told me I was I used to have to sing, told me I was tone deaf, oh, missle tone that's funny, which I'm happy to report I'm not. But then I did missletone, and then so definitely they brought me into the studio and I recorded everything. But then they have and you'll know this, I won't know this. They have someone and they blend the voices.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So who And this woman was such an amazing singer, and I was like, she needs all the accolades. So I didn't understand. I thought it was going to be like, oh, like some of mine, some of hers. I mean when I listened to like All I Want for Christmas, I was like, whoa, I can hear me in there like here here, here, But it was like really her, but but anyway, they did that, and then I was like, knowing I'm pregnant, they're kind of dancing and they're like, oh oh yeah, no no, it's like it would be barely anything. And then as you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, we're supposed to have dance doubles.
Speaker 1: Do you remember no, yeah, you were too.
Speaker 2: We were all supposed to have dance doubles, like bringing all.
Speaker 3: The professional dancers. And then the last second you and I are we're like doing all the choreography, but keep keep going, keep your story.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean it was intensive training, like, oh, so fly to Utah with my entire family, so my two young kids who are I believe two and three at the time or three and four, my newborn who's a month old, and I'm hiding a pregnancy, my husband. We fly into Utah, which, as you know, I loved. I loved it there. They got us a house. We were staying there. You know, he was home with the kids. I was working. But they were like right away first day, like into dance like rehearsal, huge choreographer like and it was intense the training and it was like moves I was and I'm like, oh my gosh, I'm pregnant, Like I don't.
Speaker 2: I keep this baby. It's because I've.
Speaker 1: Already been bleeding, like this is I Oh my god, Yeah, get through all that. I was exhausted already from having a newborn up all night like not sleeping, pregnant, that fear in my head already, being like I'm nervous to dance, like choreography is not my thing, like I got mad moves, but like you teach me steps. I'm like, as we know, because I was eliminate at first on Dancing with the Stars. But that's a hoovish story. So yeah, and first it was just me and then they put us all together, but like I was freaking out and when and it was like days like a week of training. Yeah, it was intense, like two two weeks, like two out like six hour days of full blown and they would like every day take videos of me to send to the network to see how I was progressing. And I'm like, oh my god. Meanwhile, I'm sweating balls because I'm like covering myself with like you know, two pairs of like leggings like a big sweater. So because I'm at this point once I had already left to go there. I was showing and I was like, oh my god, not to.
Speaker 3: Us, like that's just for what that's worth. You were not really showing, but maybe to.
Speaker 1: You perhaps perhaps, And I said to wardrobe because I was like, oh my god, are they gonna know? And I'm like no, because no one wouldn't think it. I just kept saying like, oh, my body's just getting back. I just I just had a baby a month ago. I haven't, you know, lost it. I still have the baby wait in the stomach. And they were like, oh my god. Of course. Of course. Meanwhile I'm like, nope, there's another kid in there. So that was the whole thing. And yeah, and so anyway, I couldn't tell anybody. I remember at one point because we had to wear like our sparkly tight dresses, and I called my doctor and I was like, listen, I'm going to do the right thing. Here. Is it okay to put spanks on? And I had like the baby bump spanks, you know, everything. And I said, because I don't know what to do, and he was like, yes, it's okay to wear spanks. This is not going to affect you.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: So I had layers of spanks and anyway, so that was happening. I wasn't able to tell anybody, and it was a trying time. But and I went on to have a very difficult pregnancy, nothing related to anything that happened on Missiletones, but went home and literally like almost bled out. Was then put in the hospital and on bed rest, had to lay flat for two and a half months of the pregnancy. They didn't they they did that thing, like they did that thing where they came in and gave you chances and they're like, you've bled out so much at this point that the chances and I remember them saying less than five percent that the baby's going to take and I was like, oh my god, okay, and I was just but you can't move. You had to just lay there. And it was anyway, a really really hard time, but I had just come back from an amazing experience. Sorry it's a Christmas movie. Why am I telling this? But the good news is a miracle happened. Pla sent a previa moved, not just moved, moved, and.
Speaker 2: He was born gay.
Speaker 1: And healthy and he's now twelve years old. His name is Finn, and he's a true little blessing.
Speaker 3: But I love it.
Speaker 1: Christmas miracle.
Speaker 2: He is a Christmas miracle.
Speaker 1: But that was hard not to be able to tell anyone, but especially like, you're right, I must have mentioned it to you. No, I was probably just like wanting.
Speaker 3: To so everyone. In fact, I was like that toy. She didn't tell me.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I thought we were close. It's like, oh my gosh, yes.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, I was.
Speaker 3: I was proud of you for keeping it a secret because you know, I'm hard to keep secrets around because I really, I really did care about you, and that really, like you know, shows me that it was important to.
Speaker 2: You to keep that a secret. But good he made it thrue and good little Finn is here having dances hard.
Speaker 1: I know he doesn't dance, he doesn't sing. He does love Christmas, so you know something went through. But that movie, I mean, you've gone on to do so much else, obviously, and we'll get to that, but that movie. Do people always bring that up to you because people love that movie?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do they always bring it up to you too?
Speaker 3: I get it always, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And I've like I've done a lot of things in my career, but it's nine to two and zero I see the super fandom in people's eyes, and Missiletnes, You're like, you don't understand. It's a Christmas tradition. My family and I watch it every year and always the big thing is is there going to be a seat?
Speaker 2: Well, oh well we should do a sequel?
Speaker 1: What do we do be?
Speaker 3: There should be a sequel?
Speaker 1: So Tia Mauri obviously started in it with me. Yes, don't worry. She didn't know either, that was pregnant.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 1: Tia and I have talked over the years because every all of our fans always say, missle Tones, please do another one. So during the pandemic, we actually talked to the writers in the studio, which you know, there's no ABC family anymore, but it was Disney and we were like, hey, let's get this going, and everyone seemed like they were like, yes, you know we should. I was like, it was your highest rated like movie, Like, I don't understand. People want Missletones too, And they had this convo with us. This is obviously twenty twenty. We're talking to them. They're like, well, we just want to be realistic that the demographic has changed, and you know, if we go forward and Disney and Disney plus like it's a big deal. There would have to be other characters, younger characters involved, and Tia and I were both like, we don't care, We'll play the grandparents, Like what does it matter? Yeah, and then yeah, we were like Snowbells the next generation. It's like all our kids. But then we're all still like in it and coming back around and they were like, okay, we were scared to bring that up to you, Like we're like, no, we know this business, we get it. We're older now. You just want to you know, sprinkled in. Although yeah, it hasn't happened, Britney, make it happen.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can totally work on that.
Speaker 2: Let's work from together.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, although it'd be so funny if it was like our kids trying to teach us TikTok dance moves, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That's really yeah, to modernize it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like like we're trying to we're trying to be the new Snowbells, like were the old Snowbells trying to get our kids to like help us, help us be cool. I don't know, something like that would be so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of that. The fans would lose their minds, like it's a big deal. I can't understand why it hasn't happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sonny, it's like.
Speaker 1: Put forward Real Housewives, big fan in it since the beginning for the franchises, really Real Housewives of Salt Lake City, some of them. I watched some of them, I don't. I was very interested when that was coming out because I was like, that had such it was so near and dear being in Utah and being there and spending I mean, would we film? It was like four or five weeks were there so you live there at the time. But yeah, now, I mean you know what I mean. So for me, I just remember leaving that experience being like should I move here? Like it would? I think it's such a great house here, like going back to La. It's like reasonable when I know now now.
Speaker 2: Now they're like LA.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: And I really enjoyed the people and the experience and the food was so good and you guys are so good food and oh the vintage clothing shopping. Okay, anyway, I digress. But I was super sfe because I was like, Salt Lake City, that's my gym. Anyway, I never could have predicted it my friend that would then be on it. Yeah, and that's so wild. Sorry, sorry, I know all this connective tissue.
Speaker 3: I know. It is so fun. I'm so excited that you watched the show. It's so fun.
Speaker 1: I have to ad mix. I I always tell the truth. I went in and out. I did it. It wasn't like but I also have five kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the perfect excuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not allowed to watch anything but like Nickelodeon, but when I have time, I like to Ben. It was interesting for me having known you for that period of time so well, granted it was a long time ago to see the reaction and drama from other characters, because I'm like, she's so amazing and wonderful, Like it was like I felt very protective of you, and I'm like, oh, like you don't know the way I knew her, Like she was everything to me on that set. She's my ride or die. She was like amazing, like and I just I don't know, And I know, I know reality TV and everyone's there for drama, and it's like, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my gosh, that's so fun. Yeah, it's great. It's a total pivot. It came out of nowhere for me.
Speaker 1: They just approached How did it happened to start with?
Speaker 3: They reached out to me on Instagram literally, and I had just gotten a divorce, like just barely.
Speaker 2: My mom had just passed away.
Speaker 3: I'd just gotten a divorce, and you know, my dad decided to live with me still. My parents sold their house in California back in up a little when she got diagnosed with cancer, they moved in with me so I could take her take care of her at Huntsman, you know, And I took care of her for a full year. And then when she passed, my dad was like, hey, I really like living with you. So he still lives with me. It's so so, you know, just my dad and me hanging out. And I get this Instagram message and I had just gotten a divorce at that point, and I was just like, you know, what, what do I have to lose? But then I still didn't want to. I just I'm like you, I don't have time to watch TV. And I really didn't watch a lick of it, like not one minute of it until I had been offered a contract in December. You know, they do the whole thing where they the producers fly and me at my house and meet my house and get a tour and get to know like who I am, and and they offered me the job. And I still didn't watch the show. And we were two weeks into filming and I still hadn't signed my contract or at that point, I think I'd seen two and a half episodes, and I just really didn't. I didn't have time, like I was so busy. It really just caught me off guard, like.
Speaker 1: That better that way?
Speaker 3: Oh well, I mean when Heather talks about me being a dare in headlights, she is not kidding like I was a deer in headlights.
Speaker 2: I was like, why are the people screaming at each other?
Speaker 4: And why is Lisa throwing a glass to shatter in her own Evando?
Speaker 3: You know, I just wouldn't you saying f you and then walking out. I mean, I just was so taken aback so mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And then I.
Speaker 3: Signed my contract, And then after we were done filming, I finally watched. I watched all four seasons before me and.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's why.
Speaker 3: Why are they screaming at me in the van? And I just don't wonder.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I wonder would you have done it? If you had watched, I think I would.
Speaker 3: Have done it anyway, just because it's hard to turn down opportunities if they're prying to me. I feel like it's almost like the universe presenting something important to you, and if it, I feel like Jim Carrey and that yes what was it called yes, ma'am where he like says yes to everything?
Speaker 1: Oh, you know that movie You're a liar Liar? Yes, I love that movie too.
Speaker 3: I felt like, you know, this is a point in my life where I just need to say yes to everything.
Speaker 2: So that's why I did so.
Speaker 3: I think I would have said yes. I just would have been more prepared for her, you know, like I wouldn't. I wouldn't have taken things so personally. Hopefully I wouldn't have cried as much.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I just took what Angie told me I had had high BodyCount hair. I was like, I was so in and now I would have just been like, oh, that's so funny. I would have like clapped right back.
Speaker 1: You know, So you have thick skin?
Speaker 2: Eah?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: I mean it takes one to know one. Yeah. I mean if you don't.
Speaker 3: Grow thick skin through that process, then you're gonna die so it's kind of like you either you either like you know, the Survival of the Fittest, You're either gonna it's gonna kill you or it's gonna make you stronger.
Speaker 2: And it definitely made me stronger, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Like I can take a lot now, I can take a beating and not take it so personally, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if I could do that.
Speaker 3: That's hard reality show, didn't you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, ensemble, I don't know, people attacking, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not easy, but it's also just like at some point you just I don't know, you can't everything so seriously because when people throw shade at you, it's usually mostly about themselves anyway, right of course in real life and the reality life its real life. I don't know, it's wouldn't you say, Like reality TV is like this ecosphere of like it's like it's like a different dimension. Like if there's fake like scripted TV right for it, you know, and then there's totally one hundred percent just your real life, no one's watching you, and then reality TV is something right in the middle of like it's it's only something you can describe if you've been in it because it's not fake and it's not one hundred percent just always who you are. It's I don't that's how I would.
Speaker 1: Describe, right, And I think I think audiences are becoming more savvy so they understand like, okay, you know, they're being like authentic, but they're also like, you know, you guys are putting situations. There's always an event, there's always a dinner, there's always you know, and you know would dry me nuts? Is like not? So is this true? Because I talked to other Bravo housewives. Do you not see the cut before it goes up? Where you always see it like a day before or what airs?
Speaker 2: Or and then someone was leaking them?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we used to get screeners last on the dark web.
Speaker 1: It's good business, I know.
Speaker 3: I know so, but then they started putting our name on the screener.
Speaker 2: Like in like this big huge block.
Speaker 3: It stopped and then and then we just stopped getting screeners all together because I guess something didn't stop.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Okay, so we had a leak.
Speaker 2: We had a mole, but I never found out who it was.
Speaker 1: But we don't.
Speaker 2: Have any creative control whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then you no screener. You're watching it at home and you see the sit down interviews and someone's saying something and you're like, like, how do you then go back and be okay with that person?
Speaker 2: That's the trick, you know.
Speaker 1: Because it's TV, so it's like, oh, maybe it's not real. It's just like they're wanting drama because it's a TV show. But God, that would like stab me in the gut to be like wait mm hmm. She said that it seemed fine at the dinner, like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, to find out that Meredith is looking like all over her room with Heather for a listening device, I mean that kind of.
Speaker 2: Stuff, I'm like, really, come on, Heather.
Speaker 3: But then again, it's so ridiculous that it's almost not even insulting. It's just like, Okay, that tells me much more about you than it does about me, Like why would you be looking for listening device?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: It's so but you know whatever, that's what she needed to do. Literally got woken up in the middle of the night. This is a true story, and I heard someone throwing up and it was Meredith through the wall.
Speaker 2: So let me get this listening through the door or the wall I mean.
Speaker 1: Right, so they thought you put a listening device, like you had gone to some spy store.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a boyfriend, and this is so wild. I was best friends. This is random Carmen Electra and I was best friends with her, and this is like I'm talking when I was like nineteen and I had this bad boyfriend and she had this bad boyfriend. They were best friends, and they were always going off and gambling and like she would and I would just be home buddies at home, like whoa. And I went to a spy store because I was like, I know, my boyfriend is cheating on me. And we got a listening device, put it on the phone and recorded, and then she came over and we're like, okay, let's find out moment of truth. And instead, I mean, my boyfriend was cheating on me, but found out her boyfriend was cheating on her.
Speaker 3: No way, Yes, so you found out that her boyfriend was cheating and you were just trying to find out yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the point is these things can be easily accessible. I'm talking with you went it was called the spy Store in Beverly Hills. Anyway, Okay, wait, you did that on a phone once.
Speaker 3: I did. Yeah, I did that too, an ext husband once. I'm not going to say which one, but yeah, it was clear. It was clear. So I just went and hate a bug. And then you have to monitor and you have to change out the battery every few days. I mean it was it was like, what is my life like the bug?
Speaker 1: I forgot that's what it's called. Like the spies? Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, oh my gosh. AnyWho, Okay, so they thought you put a listening device. You didn't. She was stirring up. You heard her through the wall, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I really just went back to sleep. That was it. And so for her to be like, you know, oh my gosh, she listened through the door.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so creepy.
Speaker 2: I'm not a creeper, just like.
Speaker 1: I know you. You're not woking up out.
Speaker 2: Of a dead sleep and I really needed that sleep.
Speaker 3: No, it's just like stuff like that happens and you just have to roll with it, you know.
Speaker 1: Except I mean it is infamous. You recording, I know, I know, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: So, yes, recording recording in the van.
Speaker 3: So I'm not sure, Yeah, I'm not sure how much which I can speak to it, like something about that comes out this season, and so.
Speaker 1: Are you currently filming season six or not yet?
Speaker 3: Oh I don't think I can say Okay, okay, but we may or may we may or may not be filming, and things may or may not be coming out about the filming in the van, the recording in the van maybe, So I can't speak to that, but I will.
Speaker 1: I can say, would never ask you to, I can't, but I.
Speaker 4: Can say that it was extremely traumatizing, especially to little on me who was just trying to like get her footing in this crazy group of women, and then to just be screamed at like that.
Speaker 2: I was just like here, take my boat here, like just look through you know.
Speaker 3: It was just like I don't care.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: It was hard, it was traumatic, and I was traumatized for a few months. But I'm over it now. And like I said, things may or may not be coming out about.
Speaker 1: That, Okay. I have so many questions.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited, though, Oh my god, I have so many questions about being respectful because I can't ask you. But oh you.
Speaker 3: Can't ask I just will decline to answer if I can't answer.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, perfect, Okay. So I mean I feel like, as your friend, that you could have been a little more inconspicuous while doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like there really was a reason that, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was just answering.
Speaker 1: You wanted to be caught because you wanted to be like what the fuck like.
Speaker 3: You would think. So, yeah, you'll just have to wait and see.
Speaker 1: Sorry I'm cursing my I can't curse in front of you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you can, you can. You don't think the ladies curse? They even like me into applying mouth a little bit.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't help it.
Speaker 3: You can't help but swear, like if you're around the housewives, It just it just comes out and just bubbles.
Speaker 1: Out, you know. Okay, So when we filmed in Utah, I'm trying to choose my words carefully. It was very naive to the massive Mormon population there, and I just remember you educating me as to how Mormonism is that what I'm supposed to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's how it was said back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, that's them.
Speaker 3: I think they try to like shy away from the word mormony. Now, in fact, I know they do heavily into like the full name and get rid of the Mormon.
Speaker 1: Part, which is which is what is the full name? Saying say it again?
Speaker 3: There's no and they don't want to any kind of like shortened version of the Church of Jesus Christ of latterday Saints.
Speaker 1: But that's a lot of words.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 3: It's like I still I still say Mormon or LDS or whatever, latterday Saints, but anyway, LDS, okay, yeah, but continue your thought.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I'm a person that's very interested and I like to be taught new things, and I am fascinated because of how, you know, different people grow up different ways. And I just remember we had a lot of conversations and I was intrigued and I didn't know anything of how the faith, like how it all started, who had started with And I was just like listening, and you educated me really well to the point to this day, I'm still like super fascinated by the whole journey. I do watch like any I can't say Mormon's okay, LDS, any show, reality show. I'm like, I'm in. I'm in. I love that because I didn't because no one had ever talked to me. I mean, I'm a girl like Naive, grew up in Beverly Hills. I had never met a Mormon, and so and then pretty much when we filmed, like almost a lot of the crew and cast were yeah, yeah, but I believe and I might remember wrong at the time, and I'm not going to say it right, So please correct me. You were in the stage of your life that you were not a reformed Mormon, But what would be the wording? Is this correct or incorrect?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, man, I've.
Speaker 3: Evolved Mormon now a moderate, Like Okay, you know, I mean I made that up.
Speaker 2: Don't This is not like a proper term by any stretch.
Speaker 1: So don't like redefine things. I like that exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, no, I consider myself really moderate. Like there's certain it's it's very useful in the church to go to church every week and not necessarily believe every single thing, subscribe to everything. Usually people that go to church every week are one hundred percent on board with everything, and if they're not, they're very secretive about it. That's just a fical thing because we strive to perfection, and perfectionism is like, especially in the Gospel, is the goal, and so I feel like I'm really blazing in your train and making it. I've got a lot of really good feedback for like, hey, I see you going to church, and yet you're really open that you drink wine and that you drink coffee, and that you swear on occasion, and you.
Speaker 2: Were physical with your boyfriend. All these things that.
Speaker 3: Came out, and yet you still go to church every week and have a calling and you know I'm going to be the word chorister.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I've got a lot of.
Speaker 3: Good feedback about that, just that, Hey, that makes us feel like we don't have to throw the whole baby out with the bathwater either. We can go to church and partake and feel edified and then also give back, serve, you know, give antape, and we don't have to be perfect anyway. I don't know if that answers your question, but that, yeah, I was on this path before and now I really am.
Speaker 2: But I'm living out loud.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I really like that because you can apply that to any faith, any circumstance, anyway any of us choose to live our lives in how we present ourselves for us and the world, so it doesn't have to be about religion, which is what I like about what you're saying. Yeah, and I just feel like when I was hearing about how everything evolved, it just felt so And I was married, well now getting my second divorce my first husband he was, you know, hardcore. I'm a Jewish girl, but we never like we celebrated everything. You know, I celebrated Passover but also Easter, like it's like Christmas honka, And it wasn't about the religion. It was about the celebration and family and friends coming together. And so I've taken that through my journey with my children. So when I met him, he was like, I just want to let you know I'm hardcore into religion and I'm not going to ask you to convert, but I go to church every single Sunday, and I would love you to check it out.
Speaker 2: Which husband is.
Speaker 1: This number one? Okay we were only married a year, but anyway, he was like and he was like a good boy, and probably I didn't like him, but I liked him. I loved him. But you know, I hit thirty and I was like, I'm supposed to not date bad boy actors and here's a nice you know, church going like you know family guy and yeah, anyway, great guy. Anyway, So we went to this Presbyterian church and I just and he said, and I just want you to know, though, when when we get married and we have kids, one day I do the only thing I really ask is they will go to Bible study at Sunday School every single week. And I was like cool. I was young, so I didn't really think about it. But I was like, God, its young, so I didn't think about it. But I was like, that feels like a choice. I want my kids. I don't know at the time, but I was like okay, okay, So I went. But I really enjoyed the experience. There were some cool bands that played, and like it did seem progressive, but there was a lot about it that I felt like, gosh, I feel like people feel it's a little pigeonholed, like we're all in a box here and everyone subscribing to things that is so not antiquated but an old notion of how life should be, and life keeps moving and evolving, like you're talking about, And to feel that pressure of having to stick to something that is so solidified because it's in writing or it's been taught or told feels so repressive to the soul, the dogma of it. Yeah, So when you had educated me, I was like, wow, that's a lot. I remember thinking at the time like oh my gosh. And he was like this. I we would go out and I would you know, be funny and body and I remember the first time I was like, I was like, oh, making a joke and I said something about pussy and.
Speaker 2: He was like yeah, and.
Speaker 1: He said it was a very lighthearted joke as well.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: That he's like a woman that's going to be my wife, not comfortable with you saying that word. And I was like, oh, stop it. So it just felt very He wasn't controlling, but it was his beliefs. And anyway, my point is I just felt like when you were I remember you telling me like, yeah, there's the whole notion, the old school notion. You can't drink, you can't have sex before marriage, you can't you know, I can't swear. I just remember thinking like, whoa, Yeah, that's a lot. Especially as women, I just feel like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I'm really conservative conservative.
Speaker 3: It's very very conservative, and it's you know, and there's special clothes that they wear.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean garments. I don't want to go too much into that, but.
Speaker 3: Like, yes, it requires you to be modest and have sleeves and you know, on everything, and you're not supposed to have sexual relations any kind and.
Speaker 1: Any kind is can you kiss?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, of course, but like you, I don't know, you can make out. You're just not supposed to.
Speaker 1: Like get in a second base. Oh no you can't. Okay, what's first base? I forget first when kids or second base is like you, you can.
Speaker 3: Make out, like you can, just you're just not supposed to like go up and down clothing.
Speaker 1: And underneath overclothes. Clothing is fine.
Speaker 5: I'm supposed to in the bikini areas well the big suit areas. We'll just say, Okay, it's so funny that I'm even saying this out loud, but it's true.
Speaker 2: But it's true.
Speaker 3: Like if you it's the law of chastity, you know, you're really supposed to obey the law of chastity. If you're not married, you're not supposed to have sexual relations with anybody.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with chastity belt like the whole notion. I think it's so rad, Like I just think rad and just so wrong, like and I don't know, I played the world's most famous virgin, like Donna Martin did not believe in sex before marriage, so it's aligned. Aka, I think my dad was like, please, I don't want her like having sex on TV.
Speaker 2: So mark dad, that's its own chastity belt right there.
Speaker 1: It is. But and I think like that part of that. I was a good girl anyway, Like I lost my virginity. I think, like eighteen and a half, like and very low numbers whatever, but look at me defending myself like, b wait, I wasn't a horn realer. But yeah, I think probably a lot of that like ingrained in my soul. Like I'm Donna Martin, so I have to be a good girl. But it's like, but I'm tory, and like can I live my life?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Brittany, Now I'm fifty one single. Never thought i'd be after twenty years together, and I was gonna say, like, I want to be the bad girl, but I'm still like I'm the good girl.
Speaker 3: A good girl. You're still Donna.
Speaker 1: I'm still Donna. Oh wait, chastity belts, So I think you should bring them back?
Speaker 3: Darley, Darley, no way, I don't want to get a yust infection.
Speaker 1: Wait why?
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, how would you like get all up in there to clean like these ladies had to wear them twenty four to seven?
Speaker 1: Oh twenty four say, I don't know this. I don't know there's like shar Ones on pinteress. But okay, you've seen them on pinterest. Duh.
Speaker 3: No, no, like other new reformed versions something. Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: No, I'm messing with you. But wait, but we can make it. I mean remember those things back in the day where like your girlfriends would be like as a joke, would get it like the plash or chest in la and be like you put it on underwear and it had like the vibrating thing and your friends You're like.
Speaker 3: That's so true.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't believe we're doing in this combo whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, So you're sorry, my goodness, Well.
Speaker 1: Damn you're not single?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I may or may not be single. I'm definitely not not single. We'll say, I can't I can't speak to it too.
Speaker 2: Much because oh, he just blew my mind. I know, it's honestly, it's such a roller coaster.
Speaker 3: You could ask me tomorrow, and it would be a different answer, you know, want to be Oh, it's more more like a really complicated loving situationship. Just I don't know.
Speaker 1: So he's an Osmond where like there's a lot of Osmond's.
Speaker 3: He's darling. He is a darling darling boy. It's very sweet to me, but it's.
Speaker 1: Do you like saying the word boy? I never call them men, always boys, and we're girls.
Speaker 3: I know that's what I do. We're all just kids at heart, you know, yes, big, bigger versions and with more life experience, But I still feel like that thirteen year old girl with a crush that just wants.
Speaker 2: To be chosen, you know, I feel that way.
Speaker 3: I've read something that may or may not be on this season, and we may may not be filming right now.
Speaker 1: So okay, understood, So he may or may not be on the show right okay? And where Because there's fifty million Osmond's, I'm sorry, I should have researched this. He's cute though, yes, got me fifty million.
Speaker 3: So he is the second oldest son of the oldest.
Speaker 1: Osmond brother, Rural got it.
Speaker 3: One of the two. The two first Ogman brothers were deaf and we're deaf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where they were deaf.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this.
Speaker 3: I know I didn't know this either. But his dad is the oldest and he was deaf. Then another one was born. I can't get their name straight, but his dad is Rural.
Speaker 1: Wait, you have to get the name straight. You're part of the family, I know.
Speaker 2: I bet I've only met right one time I've met them.
Speaker 3: His uncle just had a funeral. I don't know if you saw that in the news, but one of the original Osmond brothers passed away.
Speaker 2: Oh no, the first of them to go.
Speaker 3: And I got how many?
Speaker 1: How many? How many sisters? Seven?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: Only I know Donnie and I know Marie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's Donnie, Marie, Meryl, Wayne Alan and then Rural. And then I think I don't know.
Speaker 2: I should google us, Honestly.
Speaker 3: I should know.
Speaker 1: You have really good fingers.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you're so sweet.
Speaker 1: Sorry for your podcast, but she's a hand talker as most of us. Versus need our crops.
Speaker 3: I need crops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, And I have a thing like I'm always like, if someone sends me a picture, I have this weird thing I zoom in on their fingers. It's like fingers nail beds, like obsessed with them. Yeah, oh my gosh, I'm so like only fingers.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm so flattered. Thank you, especially when you're an only thinker. Yeah, so thank you.
Speaker 1: Wait, only fingers.
Speaker 2: I've got really long toes too. I don't know if there's a thing for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're hello, Oh my god, feet finder. Oh stop it stop?
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: We you have long toes?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Wait, so feet finder is a thing where it's like an only fans but people just put pictures to their feet. But it's kind of like just look at it because you'll be like, what is going on? It's so random, and they have like all these different things like some people will pay money and they pay money to see photos and some people like you just show your feet, not no one wants your face, like oh interesting, And so like I'm sure there's a long toe category. No, it's a genre. Like so it's a niche. There's like, yeah, people want to see dirty feet. They want to see like yeah, like weird, it's weird.
Speaker 2: This is a rabbit hole. But I didn't even know existed.
Speaker 1: I met this girl and she was a hairstylist and she was making bank on the side. I mean I'm talking like doll it all bills yo, nah wow, no money, no honey. Like it was like no, she was making like twenty grand a month. And I was like, taking just a photo of your foot. She's like, yeah, it is not crazy. I was like, do you share your face? And she's like no. I'm like, what the hell.
Speaker 3: I can get behind this. I can get behind this.
Speaker 2: I'm going to look this up afterwards.
Speaker 1: You just please do, please do because it's bizarre. Okay, wait, so I do want to talk about your singing on Instagram, okay, because I feel like you next leveled it up. First of all, I know her, I know her well, and she has a beautiful voice. Been on Broadway, like obviously amazing singer. But it's interesting. People love it, people hate it, people love to hate it. There's also correct.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's so fun.
Speaker 3: I mean I think that I just like this show is giving me a platform to just be exactly who I am, which is crazy. And I really I really am that that as crazy. And you know, like I'm walking down the mall and I see these girls eating their fries and I'm like, oh, this is gonna be good because I'm already the kind of person filming or not filming to just walk up with a movie theater and act like I'm gonna take somebody's popcorn just to see their reaction, you know, and they're usually either like what if I'm like or they're like, oh yeah, here have some ha ha, you know what I mean, Like I do.
Speaker 1: You're a prankster.
Speaker 2: I am such a prankster.
Speaker 1: And you know this about you.
Speaker 3: When we were doing the show Mistletones, I had a van at that point, and I just got so bored of all the flights of long lung flights to Monty Carlo or Ruba or whatever, long ass flights, and I started this thing called pranks on a plane. And this was right off the Snakes on the Plane, right yes, And I was like, pranks on a flight. We did the funniest, funniest stuff like oh my gosh, and I'm like, we were like right skirting on the edge of like they're gonna have to land the plane, like it.
Speaker 2: Was so bad.
Speaker 3: But little stuff like lying in the middle of the aisle, you know, and just like taking a nap, you know, like in the middle of the aisle and no one can get through.
Speaker 2: They have to like walk over you.
Speaker 3: Or big stuff like just holding your finger in somebody's mouth to see how long before they woke up.
Speaker 2: You know, people sleep with their mouth wide open.
Speaker 3: Just put your finger in like this and see how long it takes for them to wake up and realize it. There's a stranger with their finger in your mouth and you can't feel it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Just stuff like that. It was so much fun.
Speaker 1: And did you put your phone up and record it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I would say, let's see what this was?
Speaker 1: Like what two thousand, I'm just calling back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well of course, I mean that's the idea is to record it, right. Oh yeah, I fanks through and through like I mean, my finger in the world.
Speaker 1: I could do this all day. At night, I.
Speaker 3: Would be like this, Ashton and I should be friends because I mean it's my jam. Chelsea Hammler too. She creates the funniest pranks. Oh my gosh, we sister. You don't know this side of me.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with this shit, like literally, it's now. It's one of my dreams is to do a hidden camera show. And I'm that person. I think it and I'm like imagine this, my friend. I always imagine this, and then because you know, people know us, so it starts to be like what is happening and then they do the zumbling what is happening?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: So I always like imagine if I just went up and did this, and like what would they think?
Speaker 2: So it's like, look, what are some of your ideas?
Speaker 3: I like, I won't steal my promise, or maybe I will, but oh my god, we'd have so.
Speaker 2: Much fun together running around la.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but like someone sugg spot, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, think about that.
Speaker 1: I mean like if we just like went to a mall and sat there and like waited and people are sitting down and we're just like I can't this is so uncomfortable, and like we both just drop trout and like take our chastity belts off, and then there's a product line and then so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Oh we should talk about this. So Missiletones too, we're gonna do or a hidden camera show which you didn't invite me. You were like Ashton and Chelsea and I'm like, hey, but we're going to do it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: It's so good it's so you're a girl too. Oh my gosh. But yes, so I did a deep dive into your like singing on. I can't look away your videos and I'm not gonna lie someone them like, oh my god, she's really doing this. Oh my god, is that happening? But I can't stop watching.
Speaker 2: Good on you, sister, you go a second embarrassment. I love this awesome, that's amazing. I have to sort of be in the mood to do that, like I really do.
Speaker 3: You have to. You have to be feeling it, because if you're not, there's no way to force yourself to sing on an el escalator with everybody watching you, you know what I mean. It's me, myself and I there's no way to force someone into although although I have to say, I get more brave if I have a film crew, because then it signals to everyone that something's going to happen. But if you're just by yourself with your own phone saying it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's hard.
Speaker 1: Crew came there is.
Speaker 2: It's not ironic, but there is.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, like I have to be in the right mood to do one of those like public humiliation singing videos. But there's so.
Speaker 1: Much fun, so fun, so self deprecating. I'm Britney Bateman. I've missed you, and I love what you're doing. Keep evolving, keep educating people on be who you want to be, and still have your faith like I don't know, I'm here for it like you are. You're you're like leading the way.
Speaker 3: Thank You're so kind.
Speaker 1: It's really good to see you. Oh I might be coming there in I think September for a convention. I see you.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, that is so fun.
Speaker 2: I would love that.
Speaker 1: Perfect. I would love that. So wait, I'm gonna d M you. I'm gonna flie into your d MS. Please do over the clothes and uh not going under your d M and give you my number.
Speaker 2: I would love that.
Speaker 3: Do it. I love nothing more.
Speaker 1: I've really enjoyed this, and you haven't changed a bit. You're just as kind and wonderful and authentic and humorous as I remember. So this makes me really happy, and I'm so happy for all your success. We didn't even talk about real estate. Oh my god, we'll do this again.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll get together, We'll do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I love you, I love you. It was it was good to see you and I'll see you soon.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay. I love you, I love you. Bye by