Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco, and now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is Tuesday, January seventh, twenty twenty five, and we are officially one hundred and seven days away from the twenty twenty five NFL Draft. As we welcome you to the first episode of the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lyte, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and.
Speaker 3: The SWBC studios.
Speaker 2: It is show number one of forty shows over the next couple of months to get you ready for the NFL Draft. What is going to be a massive hull for the Cowboys this year, and we've got a massive crew to welcome in, some new.
Speaker 3: Faces, some returning faces.
Speaker 2: I call it the Avengers of draft coverage around Dallas Cowboy Media.
Speaker 3: So lots to look forward to. I'm your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: This is my sixth season hosting the Draft Show in some capacity. As we go into the draft again, we've got Brian brought us. I put on our rundown that this is your number one, thy three and twenty one, covering the draft for Brian broad Us.
Speaker 3: Good to have you back, Thank you very much. I am. I want to say this.
Speaker 4: You're gonna introduce some new cats to this thing. And I wonder where the donuts are. Boys, You know what, the other Scouts you got to bring the donuts and the bagels.
Speaker 3: That's kind of a scouty tradition.
Speaker 4: When you show up at a school, you got to bring donuts and bagels here.
Speaker 3: So we got to We've got some learning to do. Exact.
Speaker 5: There's a little bit of room over there.
Speaker 6: I will wrestle everybody up in here to not bring no bagels donuts.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you off having it.
Speaker 3: We've got Votch Lombardi joining us.
Speaker 2: Votch, You've you've been creating cowboys content for how long now.
Speaker 5: I've been doing cowboys too long to even count.
Speaker 6: You know what, You've been doing it long enough. Is just part of your life. It is what it is. But hey, man, playball, coach a little bit of ball. But I've been talking crap on YouTube for a loan time.
Speaker 2: Love it, man, Appreciate you off having me. And now we get on our airwaves. You expect nothing different by the way. I've been a fan of your content since we started talking back in twenty twenty about all this stuff and just getting you involved with Dallas Cowboys content moving forward. They call it the mothership from all the creators. I don't classify us as the mother ship. I classify us as at least the closest here.
Speaker 3: So now you get some access, you get some opportunity. This is gonna be awesome. We're excited to have you.
Speaker 6: They're going to be kicking me out of here and call the security let's go out.
Speaker 3: That would be a win in my book.
Speaker 2: We've also got Tommy Yarish his first season with the Draft Show as well. Tommy, your background You come from Chicago, went to University of Texas, which that'll be an interesting conversation.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of Texas Cats. Yeah, they're in the draft this year. What's your background going into the draft?
Speaker 7: Covered every level of football in the state of Texas.
Speaker 8: Spent a lot of time in high school, college at the University of Texas, and now with the Cowboys. Just wrapped up my first regular season covering the Cowboys beat. So super excited to be on the Draft Show. I love college football, so this is gonna be a lot of fun. And I love breaking down college guys. Like you said, there's a lot of Texas guys that that could look forward to in Dallas and beyond. Last last Texas guy they picked worked out pretty well.
Speaker 3: For Yeah, that weren't pretty good, didn't it, didn't it?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: And then we've got this guy. Feels like it's just a year ago.
Speaker 2: Today we were talking about your background. You're now a seasoned veteran with this draft.
Speaker 10: Yes, so let's move on, Nick Harris. It's going good.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to our telegram.
Speaker 11: Yep, yep. Happy to be back. This is gonna be an interesting draft cycle. I think we got a lot to talk about even right off the bat. But I'd been studying this class a little bit more in depth than I think where I was at this point last year. Learned and uh, I learned and applied from from my process from a year ago. So I got a little bit of a head start this year. So I feel good about where I'm at. Feel good about where I'm at.
Speaker 3: Oh, So that means we're relying on you pretty quickly here.
Speaker 4: Hey, feel free good is with those last names, all the last names.
Speaker 3: And the players we can't pronounce Ole miss Edge.
Speaker 11: Rusher, Uh, princely Umanmulin No way, yeah, no way, Mommy, Yellen, I covered the kid.
Speaker 3: Listen, go back and listen to it. Prince Mammy Ellen.
Speaker 5: Promise you to.
Speaker 11: I got to be another one in a couple of years. Out of what did he end up, princevill his oldle brother Nebraska. He ended up Now he transferred end up Ole miss Ole Miss Okay, So yeah, there's gonna be more together at Ole miss Well.
Speaker 10: Now he just out there.
Speaker 3: He got it, Okay, got it, got it.
Speaker 2: Well, We've got a lot to look forward to, new faces, returning members. We're excited. We'll also join U, Zach Wilchuck, Bobby Belt. They'll join the show as well starting on Thursday. So we'll have a rotation of everybody moving through. So don't worry, you'll get to hear from those guys very soon. I want to start with positions of need. What did we learn from this twenty twenty four season around the Cowboys specifically. I know we're going to talk a lot of prospects. This isn't just a Cowboys draft show. But with all the concern across the hall and all the intrigue going on between the coaching staff and the front off and what's going to happen over these next few weeks. Nick, I'll start with you in terms of the Cowboys. What direction are we headed in terms of this draft?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think it's really dependent on what shakes out over the next couple of weeks too. There's a lot of decisions that have to be made up front before we can really get or before this front office can really get into the nitty gritty of position needs and things of that nature. Because you have Will McLay on an expiring contract, you have a scouting department that is mostly on an expiring contract. All of the coaches on this coaching staff are in limbo at the moment, trying to await their fate. So you know, certain coaches prioritize different positions and different skill sets. So what exactly this staff looks like from a coaching perspective and from a front office and scouting perspective could look a lot different on February first.
Speaker 10: And it did on January first.
Speaker 11: So, but I mean, if we're looking at it from a holistic view, holistic lens and trying to understand, Hey, you know, this is a roster need. You could look at almost every position and you can make a case that there's some need there. You look at the free agents that are partying out of the door. You know, I think last year we had a pretty good case to say, hey, they don't need a quarterback, they don't need a tight end, but everything else you can pretty much make a case for. And they went out and they added they added some help at almost every position other than safety, if I can think off the top of my head. But this time around, I feel like they need to use these ten eleven picks depending on how many they get, to really address every position on both sides the ball.
Speaker 2: Brian, You've been around coaching changes and levels like this, going in the.
Speaker 3: Reason why we had a coach and change a couple of.
Speaker 2: Times, going into just an off season of uncertainty whenever it comes to an NFL franchise. How much does that hinder or how much does that help a draft process when you go into it.
Speaker 4: Continuity is the scout's best friend. You look at organizations like the Pittsburgh Steelers and others that have had their coaches in place for long periods of time. As a scout, when your advantages you have is when you do have that continuity, you're able to go out and scout players that your coaches want. When you have change, that then all of a sudden and Vach and I do a show together and we talk about this one night that they that when you have this change and then you have a new staff come in, maybe some players you didn't particularly think fit. Now you know your your current club. Now you're having to go back and look. So you're really kind of doing double the work. And you know, maybe in your mind you're thinking, Okay, we've got coaches on one year deals, we could have a change.
Speaker 3: I need to be.
Speaker 4: Aware because some guys you'll just naturally eliminate because hey, he's not a fit. You know, the hight weight speed parameters are not correct here.
Speaker 3: So you move on from guys.
Speaker 4: You get a new staff in here, man that that kount of changes they come in. They want a totally different type of player. And that's why you see some of these teams sometimes with you look at their team when they're out there on the field.
Speaker 3: They look mismatched.
Speaker 4: You know, some of the teams that have continuity, their team looks really the same physically, you get a team that has a lot of turnover. Sometimes your players look up and down that way, so it uh that uh, not having that continuity, it really really hurts your scouty apartment.
Speaker 2: And of course the Cowboys have gone through that in a minor way. The last couple of years changes offensively. Dan Quinn had his guy, had his guys that he liked, and then you get Mike Zimmer that comes in here says even at the end of the regular season, Man, I wish it would have done in my way, she said, Sean, right, get out of here. That was very quick kid training camp that didn't last very long.
Speaker 3: But watch I know you've kept an eye on this team.
Speaker 2: Watch a lot of film, sir, where do they start?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 6: We have stars and y'all can hear me say this a bunch, but we need role players. Everybody said with me, we need roll players. Okay, so think about this, right, We've been waiting, man, when are we gonna use Turp And when we're gonna you know, create his role right, And we eventually got to it, but we need seven more of those guys where hey, we're in this situation deployed that that do this, do this right. We need more of that. You know, we have a Micah, but Micah needs a running mate. We have a Lamb, but okay, you're just gonna trip and double and bracket them all day. Let's get somebody over here that could take pressure off off of that guy. So it's not just one thing that we're looking for, and online they'll say, oh, we need all things. I think what we're gonna have to you know, just breaking down film. We're just gonna have to figure out, Okay, what's important to us. We may be looking at Okay, cool Malacho Starks, he's available for us. Can I live without you know, one tech? Can I live without three tech? Can I live without wide receiver?
Speaker 5: Two? Running back?
Speaker 6: We're gonna be saying bad things about Ashton en Ze, right, Ashton Jense is fantastic, But somebody's gonna say running back's not important. Right now, we need to build D line. We don't know what we're doing with our last two first round picks. So hey man, role players, role players.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Tony?
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I think watching hit the nail on the head. This team has their core right. The entire message we've gotten from the front office has been we want Dak Prescott, Cedey Lamb and Michael Parsons. There's your cornerstones of the franchise. Well, you got to surround them with something because you can you can't rely on three people in a twenty two man game. So I think that you know, Nick made a good point in the sense that this year's class and how dallasted approach it is. Man, they're gonna need help in a lot of spots. I mean I put down defensive line, wide receiver, corner, offensive line. I think you've got an argument, safety, running back, everything. So really yeah, everything, and it's going to be a lot of I think best player available.
Speaker 10: Pay anybody else.
Speaker 11: Exactly, you really need role players and.
Speaker 8: You're tight on money, and there are guys that they want to bring back that they're going to have to pay. If you decide to bring back a Jordan Lewis, if you decide to bring back also Diggi Zoo, if you decide to extend Mica Parsons this offseason.
Speaker 7: So that's why this class is extremely important, and you got to be versatile on where you spend your picks.
Speaker 6: Also, to one more thing, let's not walk past. What Nick and what Brown was saying to coaching is going to super super matter here, like you know, we can be okay, let's just look at offensive line. Let's just look at guards. Are we going to be doing wide zone? Are we going to be pushing guys around? Like just that conversation is the difference between Tyler Booker or like Marcus about right, are you trying to re people? Are you trying to push guys that way to? You know, so we have to figure out who this coach is to have and you know, hey, I ain't gonna say nothing about nobody that owns this team in their building, but let's figure that out right now so that we can have a feel for what this team could look like, so wee can start evaluate play.
Speaker 3: See we're one segment into this show.
Speaker 2: That was what we spent the whole morning talking about, talking on talking cowboy.
Speaker 3: Let's get this thing done.
Speaker 2: So that way we know what direction this team is headed right now, where you're going one way or the other.
Speaker 3: You either keep them or you don't.
Speaker 2: But let's make a decision so that way, no one's guessing at this point, because right now there's a lot of guessing going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, only one man and a few others know really what what the direction is going to be, and hopefully it's sooner than later. But you know, when you work in this organization, you understand that later tends to win the day.
Speaker 3: So you've got to be able to adjust and adapt.
Speaker 4: And you know that's what Will McClay and this staff is going to have to do. But they've got a big job ahead of him. I will say this though, about this football team. When they are able to select the best player on their board, they win a lot of days. Yes they do, right, They win the day when they when they're able to do that.
Speaker 3: So hopefully, uh, you know, much.
Speaker 4: Like everybody's talked about here, there's so many areas and so many directions this thing could go that. You know, you feel like sometimes you're you focus in on something and maybe that player goes and you feel like you got wiped out there here.
Speaker 3: If somebody goes.
Speaker 4: Ahead of you in those picks, you could at least feel good that you're you know what, we we're going to have our stack.
Speaker 3: Those are names.
Speaker 4: One of those guys is going to be a Dallas cowboy, and most likely that guy's going to come in and help your football team.
Speaker 2: I wonder what the odds were for Malachi Starks, defensive back out of Georgia to be the first name mentioned on the Draft show in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: I thought it would be as I thought it would be ashtingenty from Boise State.
Speaker 10: But the first thing that we mentioned last last year on the Draft show was.
Speaker 2: It was all right, so heyah, well bult right now there it is.
Speaker 3: Why was that the first name that came to mind.
Speaker 6: I've just been I'm heavy into you know, Twitter, X streets or whatever, and I just see some of the names slowing around. We're not going to have a whole bunch of first round great here guys. I got it left Brown may have thirteen, You may have ten, fifth whatever, and Malakai is one of them. And just because you know, the Cowboys kind of won some games towards the end of the season, there's this short group of guys that's in between eight and like twelve. So I think Malachi is in their group. But we can hope that one of those other guys kind of fall down to us. We're gonna have conversations like this the whole draft season, trading up, trading back, and all this kind of little stuff. But Malachi just popped up in my head because free safety. Honestly, I think there are luxuries and it's stuff that you need. Yeah, we need to figure out d line. We're not that figured out there. We need wide receiver to run it back. But I think free safety is a luxury. So if we're on the board and Malachi is there, he may be the best player. You're gonna have to ask yourself. Do I go with this kind of need there this luxury, or do we go like, let's build the base of this thing.
Speaker 5: I just think he's a polarizing player in that way.
Speaker 2: I think it's interesting you brought up the first round grades already.
Speaker 3: It's so early on.
Speaker 2: But I had a conversation with a scout last week. He said the same thing. He said, this is gonna be a low first round grade. Yeah, draft class. That's the feel is from a league wide standpoint, probably ten to twelve. Luckily the Cowboys haven't mentioned it yet. They are picking number twelve in the NFL draft. This year, they lost that final game win from well would have been seventeen down to twelve. It helps you possibly hit one of those first round graded guys, But does that change the way you scout, Brian when you go into a draft with the mindset of, hey, there's only going to be a dozen guys with first round grades.
Speaker 4: Now I think that you know, you just set your board, you know, you look at your players, you set your board, and then whatever that number. You know, we've we're going to get into this hot and heavy about these offensive tackles, you know, I mean it. It is not going to be like we've had in the past where we've had discussions about plug and play, plug and play plugging with there are a lot of questions about these guys. You're going to start to ask about the strengths of the of the position groups and where this thing's going to fall. So whether that number is, whether that numbers twelve or twenty two, you're going to just do the same things that you normally do as far as gets your board prepped.
Speaker 2: How much do you feel like the current state of collegiate athletics plays a fact into that nil transfer portal?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you have a lot of kids Covidien thing year Yeah, yeah, the nine year at.
Speaker 3: The kid Now everybody that's jo is going to be here for eleven years.
Speaker 11: I mean we're going to talk about if we're talking about the quarterback position, I think that's the easiest one to to talk about. When it comes to experience, we'll talk about guys like Dylan Gabriel who's got a ton of experience, Kyle McCord who's had a ton of experience. But you can look on the offensive line as well and see a ton of experience. And these kids are incentivized to go back to school. If they have like a fourth fifth round grade and coming out of their junior year, or if they have an extra year with the COVID year, their incentivised to go back to school because they can make money. It's like, okay, then I can get my stock back up to the second round. You look at a guy like ariont Urseri, the offensive tackle out of Minnesota. This is not a guy we've been talking about in the first round last year. So this is a good good That's it's gonna be an interesting conversation as well.
Speaker 4: But I think I think the group and a whole as a whole, and I'm looking forward to hearing your guys thought because you know, watch and I were talking about this on our show. We you know, it's like, man, why is this group? Why am I struggling with this group right now? Why am I thinking I'm looking at a bunch of guards. Why am I thinking I'm Yeah, that's fair. That's that's the you know, there's not that sure fire, that boom. I'm gonna put my put my name on this guy because I think there's gonna be I think there's several positions that have some some kind of question marks that we when we break it all down.
Speaker 2: Let's break it down in our next segment, let's talk about what this draft is going to be known for. Kind of set the table early on what can draft fans, what can Cowboys fans NFL fans in general expect out of the twenty twenty five NFL draft class.
Speaker 3: We've got more of the first episode of the twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty five Dallas Cowboys dot COM's Draft show coming up right after this.
Speaker 12: Here we go Tyler from Dude Perfect your big news. We just dropped our very own Dude Perfect Smoothie with Smoothie King. We as strong. It's my recipe.
Speaker 10: Technically, we all came up with it.
Speaker 5: Kobe I mean.
Speaker 12: You put a potato in yours. I was experimenting how we picked up on that. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was want to say that.
Speaker 5: Oh that that was funny. Oh honey, thank you.
Speaker 12: Anyways, Gid the dude perfect smoothie only at Smoothie King My smoothie all right.
Speaker 13: Drew Pearston, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell mary. Go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Laser Care Eye Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see.
Speaker 13: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood.
Speaker 14: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: And they snapped the thrust out.
Speaker 1: Who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 9: He escapes left.
Speaker 3: He'll look full a firstyn.
Speaker 14: Just like football when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team. You can try us with blockchain dot Com. I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 9: Press Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 14: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 14: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 15: Cowboys fans. When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan, the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys, is.
Speaker 1: The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lte, the only beer that all Cowboys.
Speaker 3: It's Miller Time.
Speaker 2: Also Cowboys Nation, Amanda Foster has been named Your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan, for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Ameranda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at nfl dot com Slash Fan of the Year alongside Watch Lombardi, Tommy Yarish, Brian Broadus, Nick Harris. I'm Kyle Yeomen's first edition of the Draft Show. I thought it would only be fitting to before we get into this twenty twenty five class. What's the ultimate goal for the Cowboys and every other team that's drafting this year? You want to win a trophy? Right, Not just any trophy. You want to win the what watch the trophy? The Lombardi Trophy.
Speaker 6: It's your last name, dude, It's a last name, the Lombardi Trovy.
Speaker 5: Try to get you to bring that up.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just thought it was funny. It is kind of heavy. We need to polish this one. This one's a little messed up.
Speaker 6: But the Vasce Lombardi Trophy, Hello Lombardi Trophy, right one.
Speaker 2: I thought it would be fitting have it in the room when Votch is here for the first time, Kyles A gentleman.
Speaker 3: I know it's and like I said, it needs a little polish here. It's been been a long time, all right. What is this draft class going to be known for.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look around position groups, weakest, strongest. I'll start with the strongest. Where do you feel like teams are going to have the most success? Brian, when it comes to the twenty twenty five draft class.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of got it caught between two. I kind of feel like I'm looking at right now. This edge group has got some interesting characters to it. The running back room has got some interesting guys to it when you look at it. But I don't know, in a long time have we seen this many one technique defensive tackles, you know, And so to me, I feel like that if there's some people that are interested in grabbing those three hundred and twenty pounds one techniques that have athletic ability, that play up field, that are disruptive, I haven't seen this group in a long time, but here we are. So if you're one of those teams that's struggling not only to defend the run, but a lot of these guys have the ability to push the pocket and get some pressure in the passing game as well. I kind of feel like that that's something that that that teams. I mean, you know Mason Graham from Michigan right off the jump, I mean, he's going to go very very early in this draft, and I'll tell you what, I think whoever drafts him is going to get a hell of a football player out of him. So, yeah, I look at that that that kind of the group has got me excited because I know that's something that Dallas is kind of looking at themselves.
Speaker 3: Tommy, you like those defensive tackles.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Brian stole it right from me. This defensive tackle class is one that I like a lot. That you mentioned Mason Graham from Michigan. His counterpart Kenneth Grant too, really good player, six and thirty nine pounds and boy, he plays like he's two hundred and fifty pounds. Sure know that he's able to move around really well. I'm a big fan of Walter Nolan at an old miss, more of an athletic guy, but still a big plugger up in them and he can do a lot of things for He was the number one player in his high school class, number one recruit, so he's been great across the board both at Texas A and m and Ole, Miss. And then you've got your other guys like Deon Walker, who was talked about a lot early on as a first round guy.
Speaker 7: Stick I think he can still be that.
Speaker 8: I think there's some things you want to mix mix in there, but six three hundred and forty five pounds, there's a lot that you can work with with with that frame. And then t J Sanders too at South Carolina six four and ninety pounds. I like his game a lot, so defensive tackles, but running backs down too. I think there's a lot of value in that running back class, which is something that maybe the Cowboys could have explored last year. We'll see if they learned their lesson this time around.
Speaker 6: Boy Kyle, I can just hear all the Cowboy fans right now. Not another Michigan, all this Michigan stuff going on.
Speaker 3: Listen, defensive lineman from Michigan.
Speaker 6: Chill out, y'all. Look, so you could you could have Taco and Mines. You could have that, but you could have Aden Hutchson and you could have Rashan Gary Wake Martindale, got these dudes playing different man. These dudes get up field, these dudes slamm fronts. These dudes get up they they whoop. I don't know if I say they, but they whoop as they whooped as people fan. Look, so when we talk about Mason Graham, we're probably not gonna drive Mason Graham. But Kenny Grant is a guy that I like a whole bunchet. And normally, this is how I typically feel about one tech is they're either going to be like a top ten sort of guy or they're.
Speaker 5: Gonna go into seventh round or something like.
Speaker 6: This year particularly, I got a lot of dudes that's right in the second and they all get a feel and they all run fast, they all got motors. So just to mention a guy that we didn't mention, Derek Harmon from Oregon, not Defense Time from Oregon. He's going to be a guy that's in that conversation. And if you're the Cowboys, you may need one or two defensive tackles and some of these one texts can play three because.
Speaker 5: They get a feel like that. So there's a lot of options, a lot of options.
Speaker 11: Yeah, early early contender for name of the class is a defensive tackle tnka, hemingway.
Speaker 5: At all soon No Tonka big Tnka.
Speaker 11: So I'm gonna talk about this edge class in this running back class. I'm with you, I'm with the table on those two positions probably having some more value on day three. You can look up top of the edge group. I mean, you look at James Pierce Jr. In the year he's had. It's been up and down at times, but I still think he has a lot of trades there that you can work with. Abduel Carter and there's no question he's edged one in this class. You look at uh, the the training regimen that he put he put in over the off season and Happy Valley, how it's applied to the field here in his senior year. He still got a couple of games to go if if health permits UH for Penn State, but super solid. You look at this Ohio State duo of Jack Jack Sawyer and J. T. Tomlo. Those are two guys as well who are talking about for top recruit. Yeah to A Molow, that's good, uh talking about top recruits that have really panned out for Ohio State and touim Molo. Wow, this is a guy we talked about last year potentially coming out and I was surprised he went back for another year. I think it worked out for him. You're talking about second round value. I think you can find some second round value in a lot of these edges. You look at Umami Ellen to Molo.
Speaker 5: He's showing off.
Speaker 15: I wasn't trying.
Speaker 5: I say an easy name, Donovania Boston.
Speaker 3: He's yeah, led.
Speaker 11: The fbs and sacks during the regular season out of Boston College. Now he's got some physical traits that are probably a little bit limited, but I think you look at his motor, you look at his blue bag.
Speaker 10: He can get around there in a hurry. And then Danny Dinnist Sutton.
Speaker 11: That's a guy on day three out of Penn State that I've really loved his entire career, known him since his middle high school years, and I think he has a lot of traits that you can work with. But this running back conversation, it's gonna be one we talked about on almost every show, just because Ashton gents, you could probably give it about a sixty five percent chance that he's gonna be there at number twelve, and there's gonna have to be a conversation had about Ashton Genzy. Do you go ahead and you go grab the guy who finished number two in Heisman voting made it one of the closer Heisman races against Travis.
Speaker 5: Hunter in recent memory. Do you go grab that guy?
Speaker 11: I am on the table of saying no, only because of how deep this running back class is. You can go get a guy on day three that can work out for you. You look at potential day three names. You look at Jordan James out of Oregon. I really love what he's been putting together. Didn't play in the Rose Ball a whole lot, and you saw the offense for as a result. DJ Giddens out of Kansas State. Now I think he's going to sleep sneak into day two. That's a guy you have to love. As far as late route, late round value. R. J. Harvey U c F.
Speaker 10: I think this is gonna be one of the bigger sleepers at the position as we.
Speaker 4: Move on Singer Bowl guy too is okay? Nick, I'll challenge you on this one on genty. Is he going to be your best player on your board when you pick a twelve p Probably?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: And so are you?
Speaker 4: So then there's nobody else that you would take over him then right if you if the way you would stack it would he I.
Speaker 5: Haven't stacked guys.
Speaker 3: I know, I know you haven't, but.
Speaker 4: It's like it's I don't I know at first show, I'm asking you this question because again i'm seeing you know, you make you make a point, and there's a lot of people that they're saying of talking about the depth, I'm kind of curious of what direction you would go instead of maybe taking genty if he was the best player on your.
Speaker 3: Board, Yeah, you would pull the parachute out.
Speaker 11: Why not pick up some more day two value, and especially if if you if you feel out at twelve, you only have one or two first round guys left and it's Gent's might be your only first round grade left. Let's throw that out for a hypothetical parachute back, because you're gonna get a running back on day three. There's not a lot of value in a lot of these positions. On Day three, talking to scouts around the league, they do not feel great about round six, round seven, even the back in the round five.
Speaker 3: So you know, get okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, first couple of days you bring up something interesting, then I don't mean to pivot on this, but but the six and the sevens? Do you now throw those in on deals? Do you think you can? You could throw those deals to move up? You know that's instead of thinking about from twelve? Yeah, well move up? Yeah, if you don't feel like that, if scouts around the league, and I am and talk to my gang of seven about this myself, but you know you're ahead of me on that. But I wonder if you know, you take those six and sevens and throw them on deals and try and move up instead of like, instead of trading back, think about now going up? If you don't wipe the depth of the of this draft.
Speaker 2: I'm interested to see because, like you said, if Genty is the guy there, it's going to be a tantalizing conversation for the front office, for whoever is Yeah, I say I'm trying to show off now, but for the front office, for the coaching staff, whicheveryone is here.
Speaker 3: You had Rico Dowdell.
Speaker 2: I think bringing Rico Dawdell back is a possibility, but it's not a foregone conclusion.
Speaker 3: What do y'all pick?
Speaker 10: Two years eight million?
Speaker 5: The one man? I don't know you think Yeah, he'll want more than that.
Speaker 10: I don't know what his value are.
Speaker 3: I don't know what his value would say more than that.
Speaker 11: I'm just that's gonna be a very interesting conversation as far as for agency goes. Because they cannot bring Rico Dawdle back, then they're in a pitch at running back.
Speaker 2: For sure, and to play Devil's advocate. They've had that same mindset in terms of running back the last couple of years. Oh, we're gonna get one on Day two, We're gonna get one on Day three, early day three, and it just hasn't happened. The one pick that you ended up using was Deuce Vaughan in the sixth round in twenty twenty three. You've gone into this draft thinking, oh, Zach Charbonay will be there in the third round and they weren't able to get him. Oh, you'll think about these guys uh Johnson from UH Texas a couple of years ago. They really liked him going into the second or the third round, didn't end up getting him. You go into it thinking, Okay, this is a deep draft class of running backs, but then a run happens before you and you're kind of hamstrung from that point forward. Can you afford to do that again when the only running back under contract right now going into twenty twenty five is Douce fun.
Speaker 11: I think whenever you look at the positional strengths in this draft, I don't think you're going to have a draft like you did in twenty eighteen, or seven of them go in the first two rounds. I think you're going to have more so a draft from twenty seventeen where you get thirty of them go in seven rounds and there's a ton on Day three just because you look at you look at the value. If you're a team out there and you're like, okay, this is a conversation I'm having with Cowboys right here. Hey, I'm sitting here picking at fifty eight in the second round. Yeah, we need a running back, and yeah, you know, we have a couple of guys there that we really like. But if we don't get this edge right now or not just a bad example, we don't get this receiver right now because I don't have this receiver class for Streppo's on the board, say you got to grab that guy because you're not going to get a talented receiver on day three, Miami by looking at the board, So I think, yes, Miami, and now y'all gotta get on me. But I think I think that's probably the conversation that a lot of teams are gonna be having when it comes to these running backs. So you're gonna see that run on day three and it's gonna go for a while, kind of like what we saw last year in Round four, but I think it's gonna go even further than that.
Speaker 6: But see, Kyle, to Brian's point, right, what if Genty is there and we're looking at the phone and every thing ain't ringing, it's just not and we can't move back, do you really move away from that guy? Or do you draft somebody that you just not feeling like you feel? Gents, Because there's two players and we were just talking about Edges, there's two players that's on this board right around that time. I've been looking at a lot of mock drafts and I would rather take Genty over a MIKEL. Williams from Georgia. So I feel really good about Gensy, I feel maybe about Williams. You see what I'm saying, So you.
Speaker 2: See gent is foregone conclusion I think he's the better dude.
Speaker 4: That's what I was gonna ask Nick. I go, if we're trained back, who who is settled? You give me a position and you have to.
Speaker 3: Give me a name. But how far back do we need to go?
Speaker 4: I mean, like you know, watch and I again doing our show last night, we talked about moving back and we were kind of in that fifteen.
Speaker 3: We were trying to look for teams with multiple picks. I think we came up with the Rams or you know, and Rams are aggressive team.
Speaker 4: But you know you're trying to find teams with I'm not interested in your twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Is I need picks?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Is what I need? So I wonder if you to me.
Speaker 4: I just had this gut that gent is going to be the cleanest player too that you deal with now. The number of carries and all that is a concern. Don't get me wrong, I'm not throwing that out the window. But man, I mean you start to talk about the character, the player, the ability, all these things.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm training away from that. For where am I going? What am I? Okay? Now I'm picking up with a player with ability.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, he's not healthy, you know, maybe you're looking at Revel the corner from East Carolina, or maybe Simmons, the oppositive guys out for the Yeah, you guys deal with knee surgeries and stuff like that. If doctor Cooper tells me, hey, go we got clean, we're good, let's do this. But still there's you know, I'm trading away from maybe the surefire guy to maybe I'm trading in for question marks, just to pick up a couple of picks.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Does that? Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: It makes sense.
Speaker 5: It just depends what the value looks like.
Speaker 11: I think an ad deal like that because you can get a guy like a Jalen Walker, or you can get a guy like from where from Georgia?
Speaker 10: Linebacker from Georgia.
Speaker 3: He's a good player.
Speaker 4: No, Okay, if you tell me you're going back, and you go back and you end up with some guy like Walker and stuff like that, I'm totally cool on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm totally cool enough.
Speaker 4: If you go back and heck, I'm all about picking Baron from Texas, you know, Yeah, I mean I'm all about that too. If you tell me that's what we're going back for, let's not. But I think the further back you go in this draft in the first round, especially the more questions you're probably.
Speaker 3: Gonna have about these players. I think it's a situation I'm trying to limit my mistake. Sure, understand that completely.
Speaker 11: And it depends what that board looks like whenever you get to twelve as well, because I you look at I sense from last year whenever we were we were expecting at twenty four you're gonna have multiple options there. You're probably gonna have a good chance to parachute back. I think now it's probably just there will be a chance you could parashoot back.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's as.
Speaker 3: Good as the best damn corner was on the board for you.
Speaker 4: I felt like, you know, Bram Barton was still there too. I mean, you had some guys Arnold the Lions. It took, you know, so.
Speaker 3: He played pretty well, didn't.
Speaker 2: With all that being said, you mentioned wide receiver. I know, Tommy, you had brought this up to wide receiver. Maybe not the same level of class we've seen over the last few years where you're gonna go deep into the third and you're gonna get all these wide receivers.
Speaker 3: It's a need for Dallas wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Too, is a significant need for the Cowboys if they're trading out in their parachuting. How far can you go and still be confident you're drafting your wide receiver too.
Speaker 8: I don't think very far. I think this is a very thin wide receiver class. If you had your pick of wide receivers, that would be better for Dallas. I think Tataroa McMillan from Arizona's probably your guy.
Speaker 7: He's a six five, two hundred.
Speaker 3: And twelve wide receiver one right now, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 7: He's my wide receiver one. Just uber athlete. I mean, what he's able to do with his size is phenomenal.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't necessarily say he's an elite fifty to fifty ball guy, but his traits can make him more. I think he jumps out of the building.
Speaker 3: So so the room real quick. The room then has Hunter all playing corner? Yes, yeah, Hunter, Hunter, Hunter corner corner. You're still playing him two ways.
Speaker 10: I think there's going to be an opportunity for him.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm trying to think of right, I think we're right about wide receiver one. If Hunter is not, ifuns primarily a corner okay, then if that's the case, then McMillan is.
Speaker 3: Wou wide receiver one for you.
Speaker 4: You know what, there's a there is a I think there's an argument that I would make to try and make him wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Wow, I think I would.
Speaker 4: I think to me the way, Yeah, the teams could probably go away from him if he plays corner.
Speaker 3: Now does that help you in the the game? Yeah? It helps.
Speaker 4: But what if you have a guy on the other side of the field, one of the seven cornerbacks you use this year, opposite Bland.
Speaker 3: You know that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: I mean that that that corner works until somebody figures out that they could go attack somebody else with.
Speaker 3: With Hunter playing wide.
Speaker 4: Receiver, I'm just gonna load him up. I'm gonna load him up. Just keep You can't stop this kid. I'm just gonna keep throwing the ball. I'm gonna have to make. He's making plays. I'm handing it to him. I'm doing all these things to try and get him the football. I just feel like there could be an argument for him for wide receiver one.
Speaker 3: Corner one. He's my corner one. But I also though I could.
Speaker 4: Very easily take backspace and move him all the way across my board to wide receiver.
Speaker 3: One too, you know. So that's kind of where but I just wondered where the room stood.
Speaker 4: Is anybody can argue that he could be wide receiver one and it's not. It's not a factor for the Cowboys' But I'm just saying for the people out there who listen to our show might not be Cowboy fans, but just draft, you know, draft.
Speaker 5: Peoples to be like wide receiver three.
Speaker 6: For me, you know, he's a bonafide yat guy, deep ball ball tracking type stuff, you know, and you can just move.
Speaker 5: Him anywhere or whatever.
Speaker 3: You got McMillan's one.
Speaker 6: I got McMillan one, Burden two Burden from Missouri slack guy, and Burden is a better bonafide yet guy to me, Like, it's hard. It's hard to tackle that guy. So I'm putting Travis at three. But what makes Travis like the number one overall guy is that he could be your number one corner and your number three receiver. So for me, I'm playing a full time corner and maybe in a game seven targets, six targets something like that, and you know, d ball with him something like that. But as far as like the best wide receiver. He's like the third guy for me.
Speaker 2: I would put him right there with like Isaiah Bond from Texas, Trey Harris from Old mess A couple of those guys that are up there in that that realm. I don't think he's up there with Rastreppo from Miami, Burden from Missouri, and then McMillan's my top guy as well from Arizona. Those are the three wide receivers there. And I don't have an abundance of confidence in the wide receiver class as a whole either. It's not like I'm saying these guys are gonna be Cede Lamb down the down the line. That's not the case. I don't have that same level of confidence. So if you trade out from twelve and you pull the parachute fifteen sixteen seventeen, if you still have an eye on a receiver, is that where you're at.
Speaker 11: I don't know if you're taking a receiver, well, I don't know if you can take a receiver with the first pick.
Speaker 5: I really don't.
Speaker 11: For the Cowboys twelve, you do need another receiver to be the robin to CD Lamb.
Speaker 3: Is there going to be that in the second or the third though.
Speaker 11: See that's where that's where you need some action, free agency.
Speaker 10: That's that's where you have to go. Get a guy that can help out.
Speaker 4: I think this guy right here will fight you that he would take Burdon at twelve take.
Speaker 6: I would definitely take a Burden that's well, I wouldn't mind it. Where would you put Ceede Lamb on that catch? Because he's a slot guy, Burden is he can play outside. He did so a little bit at Missouri, But where would you put those guys? See, Lamb goes everywhere, So you could just move Lamb where Burden is not, and then Burden can go where.
Speaker 3: Make it happen either way.
Speaker 6: I think what dall Is really needs is like a true X, like an XX, like a big dude on the outside catches, you know, catch the ball away from the body. Save Yon Williams TCU wide receiver. I was just I was just looking at him, and I'm like, hey, big body six ' five, can run a little bit, catch the ball. Pretty decent guys some drops whatever, and with those drops they just kind of hand the ball to them. They let them do the rnks snap stuff. But just a yat guy and this goes back to your previous question, right, like, what are you trying to build here? And if you look at let's say a team like the Niners, right, they just got all yet guys.
Speaker 5: They do different things, but they're yet guys. Right.
Speaker 6: I would love to have a team fully yet guys in XZ slid wide whatever you want to do, right. So that's just a handful of guys. But to y'all's point, we should get wide receiver relatively early because later on they won't exist.
Speaker 7: Burden.
Speaker 8: When I was watching Burton, I wrote down, I feel like I'm watching CD Lamb with the way that Miszoo used him in their offense, just because some of those quick outs and stuff like that in the slot. But I also wrote down, there's no problem with having two CD Lambs on your team.
Speaker 7: So I don't think anybody's turning that down.
Speaker 8: So I think there are some guys that if you were to go late in a wide receiver, if you were trying to wait and push it back maybe second third round, I think if you if you try to do that, and looking at guys like Trey Harris from Old Miss that's the guy who's played a lot of football. Some health question marks there, but he can be one of your ex guys. Sorry, Ja, Corey Brooks from Louisville, Alabama transfer. I feel like that could be maybe a late run guy that if he tests well. I don't know if he's a Senior Bowl or Shrine Bowl guy.
Speaker 3: He's not, but if yet Anyways, if he has a.
Speaker 8: Good performance there, he has a good combat, I think that's a guy you can maybe push later in the rounds. But I would agree with that if you take a wide receiver early, you're probably looking at Burden at twelve would be the pick there.
Speaker 3: Save you on.
Speaker 2: Williams, by the way, from TCU is a Senior Bowl invite, so you'll see him out.
Speaker 3: In mobile for a little bit there.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take our second break when we come back. Who are some of the early petcats We love talking about pet cats on this show. Vatch knows what a pet cat is and he hasn't even been on the show before, So that's.
Speaker 3: What it's all about.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about that some of the early names you need to keep an eye on outside of what we've already mentioned here. On the first episode of The Draft Show in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 16: I'm Darren With, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back on my game.
Speaker 17: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 5: Here we go, Tyler from Dude Perfect.
Speaker 12: Here big news. We just dropped our very own dude perfect smoothie with Smoothie King. We as strong it's my recipe.
Speaker 10: Technically we all came up with it, Kobe.
Speaker 12: I mean you put a potato in yours. I was experimenting how we picked up on that. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was want to say that.
Speaker 5: Oh that that was funny, honey. Thank you.
Speaker 12: Anyways, kid, the dude perfect smoothie only at Smoothie King, My smoothie.
Speaker 9: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft show.
Speaker 2: The biggest names in tennis head to the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco. This February, Witness Top Dranked Casper Rudd, and former Dallas Open champion American Tommy Paul dazzle on the court as the Dallas Open moves to a new home. Catch all the hard hitting action and watch the top players on tour compete.
Speaker 3: Live.
Speaker 2: Tickets are available now at seat geek dot com. Big Tennis Guy right, Brian any chance? But you got Jake Paul to fight Tommy Paul. Who's the best, Paul, Casper Paul? Who are we talking about with Tommy? Yeah, Tommy Paul.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Casper Rudd, big time, Casper Rudd something, Yeah, Casper had something. A good Nebraska linebacker Scooby right.
Speaker 2: Scooby right, linebacker from Nebraska is set hard hitting action.
Speaker 3: So that's their scratting report on them. So there you go.
Speaker 2: All right back here on the Draft Show final segment, as we wrap up our first edition again, we'll have Bobby Belton Zach Walchuk on the show coming up on Thursday. Excited to have those fellas back in the building as well. Wanted to cap off by just throwing out some names. Of course, we're very early on in the draft process or a lot of draft fans at home listening, writing down names so that they can go and watch their own film, which we encourage of course, Brian, when we started, you guys started the show, not we, but you guys started the show back in the day.
Speaker 3: Investigate and educate. That was us you wanted to get still us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still the case, and that's what really the whole point of this is is you go watch your film too, make your boards. Have some fun that way, and we love comparing whenever we go along and then having those conversations as we get closer to April, Brian, I'll let you start your early pet cats are names that you think all those at home should be keeping an eye on.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I want to tell you about.
Speaker 4: Mike Green from Marshall and he is an edge rusher. Yeah, he's a transfer from Virginia. And this is a really a twitched up edge rusher both sides of the formation. Explosive on the get off, quick first step, some natural bend. He's got past moves, swat all those things you want to do with your hand, the ability to get up the field. Man, he could change direction. I love this kid just because Yeah, he came from you know, he came from Virginia.
Speaker 3: You know, Virginia.
Speaker 4: Kind of some up and down play there, Marshall, you know, kind of the same with him. But this guy plays hard all the time. He's six fours, two forty eight, you know there. He does not look light in his uniform. You see that two forty eight, but he does not. He looks like a big guy there. And I love the way that he could put his hand down. He could also stand up. Love the burst, love the chase. I could say the only real deficiency I see was the lack of bulk. But man, he plays a lot stronger than to forty eight Mike Green, Marshall Edge.
Speaker 2: Sun Belt champion Marshall Thundering heard too had a good year out there.
Speaker 8: What do you think, Tommy, I've got a couple you talked about John day Barron earlier from Texas. That's a guy out twelve the Cowboys. I would be pretty satisfied with that, just because he's.
Speaker 7: Got positional versatility.
Speaker 8: One guy kind of deeper in the draft that I really like is Nick Martin, linebacker from Oklahoma State.
Speaker 7: Didn't play a lot this year, got hurt.
Speaker 8: A couple of games in with I think a knee injury. Yeah, miss most of the year with kne injury. But when he played his junior season last year, he goes one hundred and forty tackles for Oklahoma State that helped lead them to a Big Twelve Championship appearance. They got dusked by Texas, but nonetheless six sacks, the forced fumble, two picks as well. Just watching him in that Big Twelve title game, I thought he played really well. Kind of you look at him more of like a mic linebacker, which Dallas very well may need with depending on what happens with Eric Kendricks, and you look at where Marris Lea foutfits into the equation in the future. So just versatile guy. I think he's really smart, plays very high football. I Q again the injury would be the only question mark, but a lot to like with Nick Martin and Texas guy Texarkana.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Texas guy.
Speaker 2: When you talk about Martin specifically, you talk about the Mike linebacker scenario, what does he do best?
Speaker 3: What is his calling cards?
Speaker 7: I think he's a great tackler.
Speaker 8: I think when when you look at what Eric Kendricks does so well for this Cowboys defense is sideline sideline and the sideline, the sideline getting ball carriers to the ground.
Speaker 7: Nick Martin can do that for you.
Speaker 8: And I think he can add in that coverage element too, and you can get after the passer too. He had in two games this year. He or a couple of games this year. He had a sack as well, so a lot to like.
Speaker 3: He will be at the Senior Bowl this year as well, looking forward to it. Botch.
Speaker 6: Let me just start by saying what I'm what I'm hating now. Oh, I hate this new trend of the three hundred pound guard. You know, the athletic can move, good guy. Hate the way that you walk with you hate these these quick little guards, these little light guards. Man, give me a three hundred and twenty pound guard. Give me Tyler Booker from Alabama. Ladies and gentlemen. I like when bodies hit the floor. I like when you can move people out of a gap. I like when your combos are devastating. In that Bama offensive line, they got some nasty dudes. Yeah, so they all worked together in tandem.
Speaker 2: Their losses were not on their offensive line, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 3: It was on their quarterback. We'll talk about that later on too.
Speaker 6: And and and Booker just carries this nastiness about him, and he carries this confidence like I'm about to quick set, I'm about to grab you, grip strength for you, and you're not gonna move. Sometimes that kind of gets me in trouble. He'll get a little leany, a little over is, you know, heels, and he'll fall all over the place sometimes because we lost of bounce. But what's the point of having Duke manwell across the street if you can't fix balance and a player. What I want to do is take it back to the old cowboy days. We got a Ron Leary, a Travis and a dad gum Zach Martin, and give me a Tyler and another Tyler. With that Cooper bb you can make your old line strong again. And you can. You can. You can move a gap all you want to. Tyler Booker is a dude, and he was whooping. Brian brought us his LSU Tigers and he tried to act like he didn't do it, but all the l s U kids were on the floor of Brian brought us because Tyler Booker is a guy.
Speaker 5: And that's my pick, Cas, that's my.
Speaker 4: First I'm so glad you went to that as your first tape. I have like prot is LSU guy, I gotta gotta look at That's the first thing. He and I do a show every night, and the first thing he says, I watched that l s U Alabama again. You got nobody up front, go back. It wasn't ass kicking. You got some good tape. That was some good takes.
Speaker 2: Jayleen Melroe played pretty good and that I got two Jaylen Milbury. Milroe truthers to both sides of me.
Speaker 7: Right, that's a pet cat for me.
Speaker 3: He had eleven picks this year. He tried to hand games over to ninety of people.
Speaker 10: That conversation for a yeah you think, so time for me to debate.
Speaker 5: I'm not watching April.
Speaker 2: So in April I called the Auburn Alabama game and he tried to give that game to Auburn four different times with four different turnovers, and Auburn was not good enough to take advantage.
Speaker 3: I did watch the Georgia game. He's pretty good there too, watching the game to really, he was pretty good there.
Speaker 2: He's a good runner, yeah, not a good thrower, alright. Jackson said about Lamar, He is not Lamar Jackson, Well me Jackson, not Labarn Jackson.
Speaker 3: All right, who's your pet cat, Jalen Milroe. This is yeah.
Speaker 11: This is gonna be tough because I want to give three. So I'm gonna give like three really quick ones. I'm gonna start at the running back position, just because this is one We're going to talk about a lot. Kyle Manung guy out of Ruggers. He is a bowling ball at five nine pounds. He's a New Jersey native that stayed home at Ruggers and and stayed there for five years running back his entire career. Yes, a running back and he uh he is five foot nine, but I think he's one of the better pass protectors in this class. You look at guys trying to come down in a gap blitz and he's right there to blow them and throw them out of the club. I love I love this kid. He's he fights four for extra yardage. He's a five yards per carry guy throughout his entire career.
Speaker 5: I think this is a.
Speaker 11: Guy that if if you sleep on and it's still on the board when day three comes around, uh, you're gonna miss out on that one. I feel the same way about Kyle Mnung guy that I felt about Bucky Irving a year ago, in the sense it's like, yeah, Okay, this guy might be small, but he plays bigger than he is and he's gonna he's gonna be a good pro. The only thing that keeps me concerned about Mnong guys six hundred and sixty nine total carries during his UH during his college career. So certainly something to keep an eye on. Does this team need to tight end?
Speaker 6: They're gonna take one every year. Yeah, maybe undrafted, but they'll they'll find one everything And.
Speaker 3: Talk about Mason Taylor if you want.
Speaker 10: I'm talking about Harold Fan of Junior out of Bowling.
Speaker 4: Green Senior Bowl guy, right, Yeah. I talked to Jim Naggy about him. They're really excited about having him down.
Speaker 3: He might be tight end one.
Speaker 5: He no, no, no, non.
Speaker 10: Tyler Warren, Tyler Warren, ty Tyler Warren.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, We'll talk about Loveland from Michigan's He's pretty good.
Speaker 3: To Jason Taylor from Mello's Shoe. I'm watch that kid.
Speaker 5: I Uh.
Speaker 11: Harrold Fan and Junior broke the FBS record this year for receptions by a tight end and receiving yards by a tight end. Now, granted he plays uh, he plays in the max, so it's there's not a lot of action the maction there. There's not a lot of defensive prowess that he goes up against. Whenever he's he's playing over there. I like Toledo's defense and he uh, he played well against Toledo. He had a touchdown in that game. He had his second lowest yard total total yardage in that game throughout the season though, But you look at some of these numbers that he posted twelve one to ninety three and to ten one seventy one, seventeen receptions for two hundred and thirteen yards in the bowl game. He's long, he's uh, he can get up and go over guys. He's a guy who can line up on the outside. If you wanted to now the blocking, that would be the biggest question because they just didn't ask him to do a whole lot of that. They just threw the ball to him six foot four, two hundred and thirty pounds. Though, and seeing what lound wells if this coaching staff is still around, seeing what Lunda wells with some of those guys have done with John Stevens Junior and being able to make him a better blocker, and we saw that this past year, even with the ACL recovery, we saw better blocking out of him in the preseason this year. But I think this is a guy who with this staff that's currently here, they can make Harold Fan and Junior a star.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 11: In the last one, I'll throw out Davison a Benison, the corner out of Ohio State, six ft two, one hundred and ninety three pounds, formerly at Ole Miss. He was a four star product out of New Jersey, actually right down the street from kylewin On guys, So I'm staying with my Jersey boys this time around. But anytime we see Ohio State, and I know me and Tommy we bond on this guy. Anytime we watch Ohio State, this guy's locking things down. This guy's making plays, he's getting after the ball, he's fighting with receivers. I love his physicality on the outside. I think he's a guy who you could throw on the outside and have a lot of fun with. And he's getting six seventh round grades. I highly disagree that's the guy you could take it in the third or fourth.
Speaker 2: That would be interesting, by the way, not my words, but Jim Naggy's words, the most prolific tight end in this year's NFL Draft is heading to Mobile.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about Harold Fan and Junior out of Bowling Green. They made it, Jim, they made a type video out of it.
Speaker 4: Jim gets a nice roster there. Every year, he really takes a lot of pride in that.
Speaker 3: Today this year is no different. He is continuing to stack.
Speaker 2: That was only four hours ago that they announced it, by the way, So heads up to you guys for staying on top of that.
Speaker 3: So Harold, Finn and Jr. I got some Yeah, some pet cats.
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 2: All the way through. As we wrap up this first edition of the Draft Show, gentlemen, it was good talking with you. Welcome to the show, Votch, Welcome to the show, Thomas, guys, Brian, Nick. Great to be back with you guys. Excited to be here all off season long. It's gonna be a long, long offseason.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're having a lot to talk about on the show.
Speaker 5: Yes, we are not just draft fans.
Speaker 3: You're exactly right, all right. That does it for us for Tommy rs. Brian brought us Vatch Lombardi for Nick.
Speaker 2: Harris I'm Kyle Yeomans Chris Beam in the back saying so long, We'll see you on Thursday for the next draft show.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.