Speaker 1: Now Shotgun Starting.
Speaker 2: Golf is full of mathematics.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of a lot of setup work that we have to do in order to make a tournament work. So I'm going to demonstrate to you just exactly how we do a shotgun start here and there.
Speaker 1: Alright, alright, alright, d no man, Dark, you are pretty welcome to a Friday edition of the Shotgun Start. It is November fifth, Andy, how are you doing, Brendan?
Speaker 2: I'm uh, I'm just fun. I'm okay. You know what, what is that? Got lost? Just got a lot going on?
Speaker 1: You know, well, yeah, that's the way of the world. A lot happening. You're moving right, moving.
Speaker 2: That's awful.
Speaker 1: It's never fun under any circumstances. Got a full house to pack up and relocate.
Speaker 2: Our landlord decided to sell the house two months to get out. Two of the busiest months of my year. Just delightful time to have to find a place to move, to make make a big decision in life. And in two months.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure, yeah, so a lot happening. Not a lot happened in the golf world. Did you want to do? Eighteen whole updates? The Maya Coche of the Gold masters's.
Speaker 2: Why we're doing a Q and A today.
Speaker 1: We have Friday guests lined up. But with your move, I got my brother's wedding coming up. This weekend just wasn't going to work. We got several good ones coming.
Speaker 2: Sorry, several good ones.
Speaker 1: I don't know several, but we're lining them up. We're lying, and we got year review Year in reviews coming down the pike. It's going to be earlier this year, so so you know, people can digest it at whatever the pace they want. They can make it a Thanksgiving your interview, not or a Christmas year interview.
Speaker 2: So all right, that's uh. I don't know if I'm ready for that Mountain Mountain.
Speaker 1: I emailed you the split. I was like, here are your tournaments, here are tournaments. I get this email back at like one in the morning. I don't know whatever. Eleven o'clock wasn't that late. It's like, why do we do this to ourselves? I just like started cackling, like you just look at the list, why do we do this to our So all right, but precision pros making it even a nice, you know, endeavor this year, So go support precision Pro for your Year in Review. That's coming or else in and I might just stare at each other for the next month and a half or next month or so and then maybe try to taphazardly do it. But we're on the hook because precision pros you have to do it. We have to support them. It's coming because.
Speaker 2: It could have ended our lives, might have ended it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, and it's kindly. You're not going to get it like Christmas Day at midnight. So there you go. All right, Hey, I actually watched a little Mayacba today. I know we're not gonna talk about this at length. It's not bad. I'm not saying it's worth your attention and time.
Speaker 2: But just when Makoma is always a decent tournament.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's one of the courses that it's like, it's so it's so bad that it brings different players into the field. Right, you can't just hammer it like Matthew Wolf at one driver in eighteen holes, you know, and you look at the list. It's a and we talk about this every year. This is like, if you didn't get a Maya Coba preview of your satisfaction, go listen to us in twenty twenty. In twenty nineteen, and twenty eighteen because you can't say the same shit every year. But do you look the uh.
Speaker 2: People complaining about her micube for you?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying, like, did we give it due diligence? I like, I'll say this, you look at the list of winners, it's just a poofer's paradise. So you got a Fred Funk, you got a Brendan Todd, you got a Brian Gay. It's just like it brings different kinds of players into the event. I don't know, that's just what I'll just leave it at that. It's it's buried in the fall, but it's not bad. I know it has a special place in your heart. For some reason I can never quite understand.
Speaker 2: I just watch it all the time. I don't know why. I just seems to be this weekend every year I'm watching golf. I think it's honestly, because I've said this. I think it's because the Bears at this point I've deemed them unwatchable. Good, We're getting to that point.
Speaker 1: It's got a cave. Matthew Wolfe had amazing quotes like why couldn't pull driver because I might hit it into that cave. I was like that's a real sentence. That's like a real sence. I was said, I didn't hit driver because I could hit it into that cave. All right, what are you sipping on? I just crack some What are you drinking?
Speaker 2: I'm having a beer. I'm having a three Floyd's gumball head because I'm a gumball head.
Speaker 1: These names of these micro vers are just out of control. A gumball head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great beer.
Speaker 1: I don't doubt that. I've got to shoot. That's a gumball head. I've got a pumpkinhead. Pumpkin here, you got pumpkinhead, shipyard pumpkinhead.
Speaker 2: Look at that your pumpkinhead. I'm a gumball head. Tonight, go all right, So we're gonna do a MS.
Speaker 1: Let's get through this. People seem to enjoy these for some reason. They wander about golf questions. You put up the call, You mercifully did not tag me in the tweet, So I don't know what's been hammering us or hammering you.
Speaker 2: There's so many there's so many questions. We aren't gonna get to all of them. I h I've pulled some of my favorites. If I missed yours. I'm sorry. There are a lot, and I tried to get through all of them. Missus fried Egg was was, you know, annoying me about the questions, asking me to tell her questions.
Speaker 1: We should have had her on, We should have had her picked that and fire him at us?
Speaker 2: You know, she says she she was if somebody asked for more garage sale stories, And she goes, how would you know you weren't really involved? All right?
Speaker 1: I think that's the thing that upsets a partner, wife, husband, rather more than anything, is when they overhear you portraying a thing that they don't think you are as involved in or as your represent where they think you're best representing your effort, level, your involvement, your work. And I think that's the thing that just sends them into orbit. I'll say that, I'll just leave it at that, all right, go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, Yeah, I mean I was involved. One of us had to watch the kid too, that was the other thing. One of us had to watch the kid. I came up from not seeing the kid for a week, So true, all right, you know, and most of the ship the garage sale was my wife.
Speaker 1: So what do you got?
Speaker 2: All right? Let's start with I have to make an admission. Kevin rokor Roke roster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ye, what about it?
Speaker 2: For some reason, I always want to say rourc. I don't know why. He said. He asked if I ever gave you the five dollars from the ten that he gave me at at Lancaster.
Speaker 1: Lancaster, Lancaster, Lancaster. He is not Lancaster. It's Lncaster. Someone was shouting at me about that the other day, like, yeah, I just learned that last month.
Speaker 2: And I didn't. I think I lost the ten dollars.
Speaker 1: For the record, I think you gave me something I told them not to pay offs. I said, maybe I gave you the all ten you did. I think you slapped it in my hand.
Speaker 2: I know I didn't get the ten. I know I didn't end the night with ten dollars.
Speaker 1: I look, I'd say keeping track of a book keeping around here is not a strong suit of the shot start. So I may have it, you may have it. Who knows? All right? What else?
Speaker 2: All right? Casey asks who is your least favorite Bears Slash Browns quarterback of all time? Start a quarterback of all time?
Speaker 1: Man, it's a good one least favorite, least favorite sort of imply like, look, there's so many bad ones to choose from, but you want a guy that's like a dick, you know, right, a guy that's unlikable. I'm trying to think, like who has been that? There's Manzell. I was always all in on Manzell. Who's yours? Do you have somebody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, without a doubt, it's uh. Jonathan Quinn?
Speaker 1: Why what's wrong with him?
Speaker 2: He was horrible? He had it was awful. In the same year we started Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson or a baseball player, Jonathan Quinn and Rex Grossman. Those were our four starting quarterbacks in a season.
Speaker 1: That's terrible, not good. Jeff Garcia was kind of an infable. Yeah, Cleveland, he was really sorry of in sofferaball he's probably up there for me. Brady Quinn like just a little bit much and he went to the other dame. So all right, what else we got?
Speaker 2: All right? We got Let's see, here's from Marquette Golf Club. If you could only if you could have any car, truck or suv, what would it be? Selection can change based on your current state of one state of ones, parental status, parental Yeah.
Speaker 1: Any car, truck or suv? What would it be. I don't have strong feelings about vehicles in general, do you. I don't know what's going on with trucks. Can I talk about why does anybody own trucks?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Why do all these suburban dads by these f one fifties and they back.
Speaker 2: Out of there, they're so big in their fucking parking lot.
Speaker 1: They're called to sec you know, rolling meadows way in some suburb and drive to the office park and sell insurance. Why does everybody have trucks? Now? I'm not saying it's a bad like. I find the appeal. I mean, I understand like the the the I don't know seduction of it, I suppose. But when did this start happening? When I grew up, everybody you had a truck because you were hauling lumber or you had stuff to do. You were using it. But now all these dads in suburbia and around me, I'm not like, like getting their truck and drive to the suburban office park. They don't. There's I don't understand it. But there's been an explosion in trucks, is all I'll say. I don't have a preferred method. Maybe I'll get a truck. I don't know, an RV. I didn't mind driving the RV.
Speaker 2: Now, you know what I'm super in on that. I've started to rent every time that we go somewhere and there's more than like one other Fridayke team member at a place. Minivans. I'm so in on minivans, especially if you've got four people, four sets of golf clubs. You put the back seat down and you can just slide the golf clubs in. You slide them in, They fit in perfectly. Everybody's comfortable, everybody's got a bucket seat. Mini Vans are so underrated. It's just they're criminally underrated. The suv is way overrated. I get that it looks better, you know, you might look better in it. I think it's I'd rather own suv, I think. But in terms of utility, the minivan is so delightful. It's just like I love pulling back into like a rental car facility. I don't have to do the whole song and dance, pull the golf bag, the travel cover out, put the bag in like it's already all done, because it just slides in. I am so in on mini vans as as travel vehicles, as rental cars I had like this, it was like brand new the last one I got go minivan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the great test between vanity and practicality, Like do you want the suv or do you want the minivan? I'll tell you. You go to the carpool lines. It's all. It's all Tahoe suburban, whatever else. Explore you know, all that's all it is. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't have minivan, so they are nice.
Speaker 1: Here are you on Tesla's Is that a thing you want? Are you looking for? Like electric? Like that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it'd be nice to have an electric car. I don't know. I don't you know what. I'm so far away from a Tesla that I don't ever think about Tesla's.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, let's keep it going.
Speaker 2: I shared this document with you because I'm not very good at this.
Speaker 1: So where do yeah? Yeah, you're what document? Where'd you send the questions?
Speaker 2: I shared it to your email.
Speaker 1: Okay, my Wifi'll be through in five minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's a good question. Jeff Myers is coaching his kids elementary basketball team. He wants to know if you have any suggestions or pointers.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've had a year off. We did we had no basketball. I'm coaching first third and helping kindergarten girls. I didn't have a busy winner here.
Speaker 2: That's coaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what the pointers are. I would say, like, I think you got to make them run a little bit early on. I think like at the first time, you know, these kids are bouncing off the walls, they jumping around. I think you got to put them on the line, run ladders when they start. You shouldn't have to say the same thing for times you get to the fourth time it's the whistle on the line, because I think like it depends on the age, Like at a certain point, you're not there to pick flowers, and you know, I think you gotta be nice to everybody, got to include everybody. Everyone's got to get playing time. But I'm a big proponent of ladders as just sort of auent of windsprits.
Speaker 2: That's your coaching philosophy. Suicide.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The big of the other one is, you know, do the fingers up in the air where so they try to dribble with their head up or if it's young enough and dribbling doesn't matter. See, my first gradeer is gonna be pretty good because he can he's got handle, but he was gonna play in this league. That doesn't matter because it's just a free for all. Like, handle is no advantage at all. You need size, You need to be able to shoot.
Speaker 2: Because everybody's like they're diminishing the skill of the.
Speaker 1: Runs into each other. Yeah they are. It's just a bombing gouge game they got because everybody's run into each other and they don't call traveling and you just still get harassed. So having handle doesn't matter. He's got gotta I don't know.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna have to tell him that his fundamentals matter and he just has to be patient start playing the role.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you can dribble between his legs and all this stuff is like, it's just not gonna matter. It's just it's just a cluster of eight kids all running into each other.
Speaker 2: All right, what else we got? All right, here's a serious one. What are three things the PGA Tour can do right now? This is from Jack Trember. Three things the PGA Tour could do right now to improve their product instead of partnering with the PGL.
Speaker 1: Three things that they.
Speaker 2: Here's number one, they could take the meeting with the PGL, listen to what they say and do it without him.
Speaker 1: Just copy it all over.
Speaker 2: That's that's number one. Number two, I would say, just get rid of half the tournaments right now.
Speaker 1: Cut them, cut.
Speaker 2: The season in half. Just just go through, cross off the ones, you know, just be vicious with them.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think we should cut less tournaments, but make more like segments of the schedule, like the West Coast Race, the Florida Swaying Race, Like there's a big pot at the end of that.
Speaker 2: Does that they used to do that?
Speaker 1: I know they did for some but like I'm maybe this is just a tired idea, but it gets guys out to portions of the schedule. I think it creates, like, I don't know, some intrigue, something to follow that you don't have to commit to for forty weeks. You could commit to for a month and a half and you don't have to watch all four rounds all four every week. I would love to see like four to five segments where there's a big pot and maybe it matters, starts to mean something. If you want to win a segment, and I mean the easy ones better venues right when you say like like lesser kind of yeah, cookie cutter type deals. But I don't know that that actually matters.
Speaker 2: I would know. The other thing they should do is they should change to the people that have full status on tour. They should make like only fifty players have full status, and they should make it like an actual tour that like makes a point to get the best players of the world on tour faster. You know, if somebody's lighting it up on Europe, you should give them a temporary membership and let them come over. If somebody's lighting it up on the corn Ferry Tour, they should get up to the tour. If somebody's lighting it up on the Latin American tour, they should get up to the corn Ferry Tour. Like. There should be movement. There's no reason that this has to be a year by year thing. There could be relegation periods every three months. How sick would that be? That would be cool if people got relegated and promoted every three months.
Speaker 1: Pack is definitely going to pass that the number.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the problem. Maybe that's the first thing you have to do is abolish the pack about the union.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you don't play well or you're hurt for three months, you got to work your way back, right. It's it's not just like a free ticket, you know. I mean, yeah, yeah, that's not bad. That's not bad.
Speaker 2: Like, like I think you could do things like if you win a major or win uh Riviera. I'm fine with Riviera having like a one year exemption. I don't think there should be anything longer than like unless you win a major like here, like a perfect example, like Jimmy Walker has been playing out his five year exemption or whatever for majors. Yep, he's not he does shouldn't be in major fields at this point, right, Yeah, Like I think it's over now. And this is not a shot at Jimmy Walker, right, you know, he had like he was a really good player for a really long time, but like he's just not one of the best players in the world right now, and he shouldn't be in all these fields that he's in because of like what he did five years ago. That's not how any other sports league works, right.
Speaker 1: Another thing I think they should do is I think they should make public like guys who fail drug tests guys who fail CT tests, guys who cheat like you need to like you need to make goats and I'm sorry, like clowns out of people, you know, villains Like I'm not saying you force it to, but there needs to be a public display of guys who run a foul of things. Right. I think that creates not only heightens the entertainment value, but you start to understand, like why do I care about this person one way or another? Because most people don't for ninety eight percent of the people out there.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Tank asks who's a bigger thirst bucket? JT or Baker Mayfield? This is for you, you know.
Speaker 1: I I was enlightened the other day that Baker Mayfield Mary found his wife via like unfollowing and following her on Instagram to try to get her attention, which made me very alarmed. Maybe I'm old fash and that's the way people meet now that concerned me about Baker. I don't know, I I think j T. I don't know that Baker's thirsty. I think he's just he's charismatic and got a bunch of commercials.
Speaker 2: I think he's handling this Odell thing.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean you know, as soon as we got Odell back, and I was like, well, I mean, it's not gonna end. Well, I mean that won't that's not gonna go. It's not gonna end.
Speaker 2: Well, you're pretty excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean hopefully we get a year or two. That's great.
Speaker 2: But it just you even got a year. You got like a game or two.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So it's just it's it's fine, it's it could be worse.
Speaker 2: That guy stinks Odell. Yeah, the fake O B J.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I think JT for sure. What else? You know?
Speaker 2: Speaking that, you said something about relationship, somebody had a relationship question that was like, how do you know? God, I can't find it. I kept it all. Oh, here it is. Wow, I asked this, Wow, wow, how do you know who the right person is to marry slash have a long term relationship with?
Speaker 1: What? I mean, how much time do we have? What? I think you're coming to the wrong people for this. What is this like dear Prudence or something?
Speaker 2: I said? I said, I prefer non golf questions.
Speaker 1: How do you know and it's the right person to marry?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How'd you know?
Speaker 1: I mean we dated for ten years, so I think it probably took a while. I don't know, hills and valleys, you know, well, how do you know? This seems like just out of our depth, out of our lane.
Speaker 2: I mean I think that somebody that that uh can put then you know, I think when sometimes you have to somebody needs to be exposed to your worst, you know, sure before it like really you know, if you if she, if you have she hasn't seen your worst or whatever, or hey, then it's probably not time yet. But once they've seen you at your worst and they still love you, that's that's probably the right moment, right Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean this is a pretty jaded answer. That's a good answer. This is a jaded one because I've been narried now ten years and we dated for ten years before that, so like I kind of forget this. Like what all I would say is right now, this this point ten years in, it's like, can you help each other get through the day? Are you both browing the boat? Like is one pouring buckets in the boat? Or is one? Just like I mean, it's pretty basic. I know that's a low bar, like and you help each other get through the day from the moment your eyes up and on the pillow and all the bullshit that's gonna cost life with four kids, like can you just get can the house stay together? Can the dishes? Like can you just get through the day? I mean, I guess that's where I'm at on how do you? Yeah, that's that's a partner. I suppose all right, m.
Speaker 2: Worst major winning Sunday outfit ever worn off the top of your house, not.
Speaker 1: Winter or just in general worst Sunday.
Speaker 2: Ken Ferry was bad. He didn't win the spell bottom pants six.
Speaker 1: I think the tweety bird one of Sergio looks ridiculous when you really look.
Speaker 2: Tiger to the tannimal. What about the tannimal.
Speaker 1: Sunday Sunday you would have been?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: I mean some of Rory's were horrendous, like twenty fourteen Night You and they're dabbling with just I don't know, the the the Faldo sweaters with like the guy that's golfing right, like they've got like caricatures on it, like it's like a triangular golfer, geometric sort of golfer on it. I think that one would be up there for me.
Speaker 2: I agree. I hadn't thought of that. I just it just when he said Faldo. It made me think of Woozy with this like red corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the red might be Tartan or something. Yeah, oh all right, what else do we?
Speaker 2: All right, Chris Rosel, give me the top five to seven guy guys on tour you'd pay to watch in a version of the Squid Game.
Speaker 1: I've not to watch this Squid Game.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it is? Right?
Speaker 1: It's like a Hunger Games. I don't know what Hunger Games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, like basically it's like a Dustest Survival by My wife started watching it. I wanted to watch it. I told her I wanted to watch. It's sort of watching it without me, and then I like watched, I got into it. I started in the middle, I got into it, and then she watched the rest of them without me.
Speaker 1: Another sense of commitment there is, like I'm holding off on Succession three from Sunday because we haven't matched up time to watch together. But it's like, god, everybody, So the Squid Games are what because they just.
Speaker 2: Like basically kill the imagine five to seven guys and like a do anything to survive type situation and people get killed off every episode. Yeah, Okay, Bryson would have to be in it. J T would be in it because I think he would do some dirty stuff, feisty.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, he kind of he'd bite, you know, he's like a kind of fight that ends up biting on the bottom of the pile in the football game. I think Patrick Reid needs to be in there just because he's like he has like a psychotic survival instinct.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's three. I think we'd have to put in like a a guy like Scott Piercy, Oh God, just to see what happens, you know, when his apathy is really pushed to the limit. Cercio could be good.
Speaker 1: He's decidedly unapathetic.
Speaker 4: Another man you think he was at the GfK uh, just waiting for k Junior to come riding in in Dallas.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: You need like a guy that you need like an Ernie Els guy, sort of like an elder, but all of a sudden, he's stronger. He could whip everybody's ass, maybe, you know, like a boy. I was literally saying that as you said it, all right, finish my sentence.
Speaker 2: Uh, okay, I don't know anybody else.
Speaker 1: Maybe Kevin Stadler type, that's just kind of first out.
Speaker 2: What about fill a Sabo would be fun in it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if yeah, I suppose.
Speaker 2: It actually would be fun to have Ricky in it too, because just see what happened. I've learned all of this branded gear.
Speaker 1: Brooksy the middle linebacker. Right, I'm an athlete.
Speaker 2: Know there's quotes out there. I saw somebody. Somebody was said to me screenshots. He's practicing into.
Speaker 1: He's on the range.
Speaker 2: He's a rage rat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said he's a raine rat. The guy just swings from one pendulum to the next. So all right, what else? What else we got? Do you want me to start picking these? I don't see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about sun Jay would be fun in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a good one. I think you'd want an Aussie too, Right, they're a.
Speaker 2: Hardened Jason see Jason day and they're hobbling.
Speaker 1: Not Jason, Dad, that was a bad, bad example.
Speaker 2: Maybe Lucas Herbert, him and Reid, would you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're playing together in my coba.
Speaker 2: Oh I like Zurch that would be.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: This, I liked this one. I'm just gonna I'm gonna take all right, Well, just you are invited to your best friend's bachelor party and he wants it to be a guy's golf three day weekend. Name the five worst destinations. I just like this because of the worst. This is from the steel is real.
Speaker 1: The five the worst three day like golf area, presumably you're playing more than one course. I'll say the Robert Trent Jones Trail in Alabama. I've never been there.
Speaker 2: Just light and just come hitting an act of ours.
Speaker 1: I was supposed to go to one there many years ago. I didn't make it, good friend of mine, not that it was a you know, it wouldn't have been great company, but couldn't make it what you obviously have one in mind. What do you got?
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna say, like, if you wanted to be a golf weekend, it would be awful to be like popped into Manhattan and you had to like travel to go everywhere, and you couldn't like have fun. Like the thing that if he wanted to be a golf destination thing, popping yourself in like a major, huge city would suck because then it would be hard to get out of the city, hard to get back into the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah matter all, Yeah, a sudden you're eating dinner at ten thirty.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, like that that would suck. Yeah, Vegas would suck if you wanted to be golf centric, just because I think you get distracted. I wouldn't really want to necessarily.
Speaker 1: Golf there, sure, sure.
Speaker 2: And then obviously, like you could, you could go on with like very obscure places too, like what I don't know, like Yakima, Washington.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I see what you're saying. All right, what else do you got? Minneapolis golfer one? Is Cleveland Stadium mustard really different? It is? I would recommend stadium mustard as I'm not a big mustard guy that I eat mustard on my sandwiches and it's good. It's a healthy alternative to mayonnaise. If you're into mayonnaise, I would get out of it. But yeah, stadium mustard's legit.
Speaker 2: All right? Could you do what's in your bag? From your early high school years? Matthew Sandy?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I didn't play high school in golf.
Speaker 2: All right? So I had I had a great big bird, the with the with the pro force shaft. I think early high school years, I had a tribattle. I had fair Way Way seventeen degrees.
Speaker 1: Yes, I had that the real thin the thin boy there that just yeah, it's like a rocket, but only for like six months. Then it just loses its magic.
Speaker 2: I had. I had Tommy Armor eight forty five silver Scott irons for a while, and I think a little later in high school life I transitioned to the ping I three blades. Those were really a big, big change. But I think before that I had the the Tommy Armors. I can't remember. I think I just had like a ping putter, but uh yeah. Then then I had the nine seventy five d D and then the J at the end of my end of my high school career was the J had great times.
Speaker 1: Some Hogan Apex edge irons, I think, which I still have a couple in my bag that I hit that three iron. Never it's in my bag a Hogan Apex three irons. You know what?
Speaker 2: I saw an infomercial for the other day on the Golf Channel. This back back on infomercials. What the title lies? Adams Tight Lives They're back.
Speaker 1: God, that was such a big deal when we were caddy and like everybody had a title Lives in their bag all right, like mid early two thousands. God, they were everywhere. Oh, this is the change, this is the new everybody's changing the game.
Speaker 2: I mean, it wasn't a game changer. Speaking of that, Daniel del Pogado, what the best story is a Caddy non over club challenge related?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I don't have. I mean, what do you go ahead? You have any good ones?
Speaker 3: I have? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I told this story the first place A.
Speaker 1: Caddy told them all.
Speaker 2: That's the problem that is this one. This was like the second week of me being a caddy. I think I was like twelve years old. I was this little kid at this point going into the caddy shack and I was, uh, you know, it's just a regular Saturday morning and I was sitting in the shack, I was watching TV. I can't remember what I was on the TV. But there are these two brothers, the Till brothers, and uh, they were like I think they were twins. I'm not sure they were either one year apart or twins. They are very close apart. One of them was sleeping and the other one came just like sauntering up to him with you remember those metal closest to the pin, Yes, yes, and he started just bashing him over the head with it. What Yeah, it was fucking nuts. Yeah, I'm this kid I've never seen anything like this, and he's bashing him over the head with blood's going everywhere. Then we found out that like the the other brother had slept with the other ones, like oh acts and it was just this. It was as a twelve year old, it was like a shocking, like like awakening to the real world.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good, all right, I'm gonna leave mine on the cutting room floor though. That's a good one. That answers that.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's what if you send your kids into the Caddyshack. Theyn't learning stuff?
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean that's the I mean, I think I started in fifth grade, and like you, it's great. You meet so many different people from so many walks of life and learn new words, and you know, yeah, you can.
Speaker 2: You get street smart.
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody above a certain age either smokes cigarettes or dips right, and you're just like, where am I? What's going on?
Speaker 2: My favorite is the caddy Master. A lot of great caddy Masters. When you get older, like you realize why they're so grumpy on Saturday and Sunday mornings because they're usually sleeping off for resting off a bad hangover. But when you're a kid, you're just terrified to go up there and ask any questions right to anything. Then when you're older, like yeah, you like might end up at a bar with them, and you're like, I don't know if this guy really has his life together.
Speaker 1: Oh I can't say that about my caddy master. He's still there fifty four years Mike Kylie.
Speaker 2: It's it's tough, you know. Yeah, my first caddy master was also like our our JV golf coach. And you'd think like you'd get preferential treatment if you were like the golf team. He gave you like worst treatment. He just gave you. He just gave you this. He was such such an asshole, you make you wait all day. It's like you think you want your kids out practicing, baby, get them out earlier.
Speaker 1: You have any like anybody who had like crazy like peculiarities about like how you gave him the club back. There was one guy who was like a twenty five handicap, like a judge or something, and like the club had to be like bone dry the after you wash it, you wipe it down, you like wanted he wanted his like putter wiped or something. I can't remember it. Like there's a ton of weird stuff different like old old like horrible handicaps that want these these weird habits.
Speaker 2: My favorite is the people that like would ask me a yardish and I'd tell him and then they'd be like, can you shoot it right? And then I would just like do the most. I just like hold the precision pro. I hold the precision pro. I just basically hold it up for like a split second, is say the exact same number.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure we could tell Caddy stories for a while. We need to become prepared the overclup challenge. The subjects of that want to do that. I think that's gonna be a flashback Friday at downtime because they're storytellers and it will be really really fun. All right. What else, Let's see, on a scale of one to ten, how well maintained are lawns I saw camp. I don't know, like six for me, I don't know. I think true Green left up and put a bunch of killer down. There's just like a bunch of my grass just evaporated overnight in a certain area. True Green terrible, But I think it's probably a six.
Speaker 2: What do you got mine? Mine's probably like a three because my landlord sprung. He's just selling the place on me. So I've done zero. I'm thinking I might be able to get away without cutting it or doing any any leaf picking up before the end of the year. Just leave them with that as a as a thank you for his notice and kind kind words.
Speaker 1: Hey, I love this one because you are you are frequently deep in the weeds on this website. What when booking Airbnb is what's your go through red flag to keep looking for another spot? What's like a red flag there? Like basement? Look like you see? It's a basic Okay.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I spend a lot of time on Airbnb.
Speaker 1: You travel a lot.
Speaker 2: I book I I always I try book airbnbs most of the time.
Speaker 1: So do they have a points program?
Speaker 2: Are you actually bullshit? I actually have been thinking about that, Like, how is there no loyalty program? Anyways, airbnbs, the first most important thing to do is get in the filters and set some filters so you're not even looking at places that you're not interested in that are you know? Don't One of the keys is saying the high price filter. Don't look at things that you can't afford, because it's just gonna make everything else look bad. So that's number one. And then here's a sneaky thing. Look at bedrooms not beds. Why because they'll be like, oh, this is six beds and it's a two bedroom place. No that's not not. So those are like the first things where the red flags are like just generally, like it's always hard when you're booking somewhere you don't know well by neighborhoods. But when someone doesn't, when it says like I'm the edge of a neighborhood, that's when you might want to like look into where it is to travel, like because that's happened to me sometimes, where where it's like, oh it's it's on the edge of this, but it's really in a different neighborhood and it might not be a neighborhood you want to stay in.
Speaker 1: Your trip's going to be twice as long as you thought or something.
Speaker 2: Like that, yeah, yeah, or it's just not a good neighborhood, right, you know. Then the other thing is like you know, like they're good, they've gotten so good at taking pictures, so you have to kind of like look at the pictures and really think like is it as nice as it looks or is this just like a good flattering angle, like these people become wizards at like showing off spaces.
Speaker 1: Redfin is like this for me browse Redfin every now and then, and it's like the or whatever you're real at or app but it's ridiculous the smoking mirrors they can pull off with the pictures. So yeah, I like that. That's a good tutorial there, Airbnb, any other I don't know.
Speaker 2: I always like to look for I don't know. Kitchens is like a good barometer.
Speaker 1: Usually if you have a respectable kitchen, it's probably a fine place.
Speaker 2: It's okay, Like right, the kitchen, that's an important I don't know, it's like a good barometer in general. Sure the reviews also, like it needs to be like a four to seven or above. I think there's like it's really hard for like somebody to rate something bad, you know, yeah, because like who fills out those ratings right after?
Speaker 1: That's what you know? And I think this is a general Internet point is like I mean, you can find it somebody saying anything you want to believe about a thing, anything the Internet, whether it's you want to believe it's terrible or you want to believe you want to be you want to be, you know, talked off buying something, or you want to be talked into buying something. You're going to find a review that suits that narrative. I just don't know what, what amount of what value I can put in reviews anymore.
Speaker 2: So, all right, God, there's so many of these questions that keep coming in. Go ahead, Okay, I got I go. Shoe said, what's the most impactful advice you've ever received? In a short message?
Speaker 1: God, this is something you need to prep for, the most impactful advice.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll give you somebody, Okay, go.
Speaker 1: I've used this and it was I've regurgitated from my cousin. I don't know if it's impactful. Parenting is not hard. It's just constant.
Speaker 2: You said that to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's not profound. It's short, and I think it's.
Speaker 2: Somebody else had a question about that. They're having a kid in the week, and I've forgotten to write down his name, and I'm sorry, but congratulations, And there's your advice. That's good advice from Brendan. It's not hard.
Speaker 1: It's not solving a calculus problem, but it's you know, climbing the hill all day every day, go ahead.
Speaker 2: What my advice comes from a buddy of mine who gave me advice, who had started a company. When I was kicking around of the idea of starting the Fried Egg. I was telling him what I thought it could be, and he goes, you know, Andy, I spent I spent six to nine months thinking about how to make my company perfect from day one, and the reality was that it was all just wasted time and I should have just started doing it. So why don't you just go write a newsletter? And that day I wrote a newsletter and then we sent it and started and it was great advice. Like it wasn't perfect day one. It's still not perfect now. Yeah, but we're you know, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: You You can.
Speaker 2: Think about stuff all the time, but like the best thing you could do is just go start.
Speaker 1: Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Yeah, some lawyer shout of at me at once. I think, like that's honestly. To tie that into golf, it's like I wonder, like about the Saudi and the PGL and that stuff, like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do they want analysis by paralysis?
Speaker 1: Do they just want to go? Or like should they just get going? Or they feel like they have to literally have the entire thing set to start and announce, and you get you, and that's how you just end up making nothing but PowerPoint presentations without everything, anything ever coming to fruition. But go ahead, Sorry, what's our next one?
Speaker 2: What alcohol from meatball? What alcohol makes you the most worse for the wear? And could you potentially provide a power ranking?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm old and washed up at this point, so there's I mean, whine is wine is a bad kind of worse for the wear, right, It's a different kind of worse for the wear. But I it, I got like hot sweat, I mean the absolute worst, worst for the wear, worst with the tea for the wear. And this is not any time recent. This is the mad Dog twenty twenty. I'm sorry. That is like a different kind of hell. The next day, I think that's number one.
Speaker 2: When you can taste it, When you can taste it, yeah, yeah, the next day, Yeah, I like that metallic.
Speaker 1: I mean you can see it too if it's coming up. Yeah. I mean anything like it's the worst for the wear will always be the mad Dog twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: I believe I will say for myself, I get in a lot of trouble when I'm drinking a lot of different different colored juices. When I get some brown juice, Yeah, when I get some brown juice in me, and then I switch over to some some some clear stuff, and maybe I throw a beer and some wine in there, and that that's when the next morning I have just I'm in a bad, bad, bad place. And that that was the other other day. When the rooms were moving, there were a lot of different concoctions in me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, nothing jumps to mine recently, but college ish time mad Dog absolutely was the worst for the next day. All right.
Speaker 2: In college, we had this these five dollars Strong Islands at this great bar at Illinois that snow more called Gullies. Yeah, and it was like I think it was like a Wednesday night Strong Island night. Maybe Thursday, maybe I think it was Wednesday or Thursday. He'd go, You drank two of those Strong Islands. I mean, you were just on your you were so drunk.
Speaker 1: I went to a place in Chicago, in like Lincoln Park that allegedly had like ten shots in like Lily's or something, maybe fifteen years ago, and yeah, I had too.
Speaker 2: Many the Strong Island.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know what it's called. Little. I think it was in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the Strong Island. There was so much booze in them there.
Speaker 1: Was not to continue the story. That same night in Chicago, my friends had just seen Frederick Jakobsen, the Unman. They were following him at an event. It might have been probably Western Open, something like that, and they created a shock called the Screaming Yako. And it was part one, one, part tequila, part gin, and part like something else, like the worst four worst things you could ever come up with. And they called it the Screaming Yako. And they kept making people take those that night. All right, let's keep going. What do you got? Yeah? A lot of people want you to bang on courses, which I don't know that we want to.
Speaker 2: You want me? What do you want?
Speaker 1: I'll do disappointingly overhyped court you've ever been to? And more importantly, what's both of your favorite colors? And why I go with green? I think Green's just a great color. A little bit of Irish in me, that's not where it comes from. But green's a good color. I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Green's got a lot of good shades, you know. I like a little Faded Green.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure. Disappointingly overhyped course.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I mean I know.
Speaker 1: I saw Poosh Daddy for bi ration ask you for the top five worst courses. I mean, if you just want to throw out some courses that disappointed you, generally speaking, I suppose you could do that. You don't have to. I know people get angry and offended or sensitive about this.
Speaker 2: All right, Uh, disappointed places? So the key the key. I always try not to read anything before I go somewhere. I don't like to have expectations. I like to have four That's the key. So appointment comes when you're like really excited to go see somewhere. Right, Okay, Forest Dudents regular golf course disappointed me. The Loop didn't. But the regular course at Forest Dudents I had been excited for years, like through childhood. I had read so much stuff about how great it was, and just generally I was very disappointed with for the resort course, the first original course at Forest Dudents. Okay, right, that was one. Now the Loop, I love, It's like one of my favorite places. I think I like have an unequivocal love for the Loop. I think it's uh, I think it's like maybe the best court, the most utter ad course in America. I think it's like one of the best public golf courses in the in the country. So that would be one. Let me think about other ones disappointing. Disappointing hmm, I mean I kind of knew I wasn't gonna like rich Harvis Farms. When I went to Rich Harvest Farms, it was really really bad annoy idea. Yeah, I think that a lot of courses you sometimes just get disappointed with. Like where I get most disappointed is when golf courses aren't what they should be.
Speaker 1: Can I throw it absolutely like nuclear It's not my take. Someone actually suggested this to me all right recently, and I don't know that I believe it. Although when I played there, I got my ass kicked and it wasn't necessarily a fun day, and like I enjoyed it. I like took the whole course in I knew all Shinnecock. Is there any way you would ever say anything about that is overrated Shinnecock Hills. No, It's pretty hard to do that, right, I know, it's very controversial. Someone suggested to me, like I think should have cocked overright. Someone said that to me recently. It's like, ah, I don't know, Like that's what It's a course that I've played and covered where I've like honestly committed all eighteen holes to memory, which doesn't always happen. That's non you know, masters or whatever else. Like I know it by the back of my hand. I think it's awesome. I think is there anything about that that gets I don't know, it gets into trouble maybe for maybe maybe it's the high handicapper that gets their ass kicked there. I don't know where that statement came from, but we'll leave that. You just did a podcast with the William Flynn.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think that. No, I just don't think that's I don't I don't buy that take. But you know, again, golf course architectures art, so there's like very subjective let's go. You know, like some places that were really disappointed have been redone, like like Oakland Hills before they restored it was now it's like unbelievable, but before it was like extraordinarily disappointing.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, I saw a good one. What was the question? Oh, steel is real? I think we already covered him what brands of golf clothing to find the man. I mean, obviously, if you have PXG stuff, you are, I know what you're all about. I could probably what about a cast store, I could write a thousand words on you. I'm sure if you just walk up I think blade collar, you're probably getting into certain statements about who you are and what you're all about. I don't know if you wear like designer clothes, like some people get real into designer clothes every now and then, like like high high end fashioned bullshit. This guy suggested most people who buy Shark branded clothes are generally insufferable. I don't know. I don't have any grand takes, but I think I don't know if it's brand necessarily as opposed to the look, you can kind of figure figure out a person pretty quickly. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe I'm judging book by a cover, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm like kind of a bum comes comes to my my apparel and.
Speaker 1: Gear, Yeah, which is fine.
Speaker 2: My apparel is very nice, it's all. But just in general, I'm not I'm not really aware of the of the of the happenings of the golf fashion world.
Speaker 1: Or mix and matching colors and best looks. All right, how many more of these do we want to take?
Speaker 2: Like, hey, here's the course that I was disappointed with. Okay, I mean I wasn't decided. I didn't expect it to be great, but just based off of where it is, like in the rankings, I just don't think it it is. So I'm looking to Golf Digest list and thirty nine is Congree, which had the you know, the tour event. Yeah, it's a It's a wonderful place. I would love to I love I would love to spend a lot of time there. You know, great mission, it's great, great food, great lodging, you know, wonderful condition, the golf courses. But I don't think the golf course is very good. And it's it's thirty ninth in the in the country according to Golf Digest. Like now, like, here's the thing. I went there not expecting anything, so I wasn't disappointed.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Sure I walked off and was like, oh, it's cool. It's a wonderful place, but I don't think it's a great golf course.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You know Aaron Hills. Aaron Hills, I think for in terms of playing. I think it's fine for like a venue, like I thought it was interesting to see pros play it, but for personally playing it, I have very little interest in going there. It takes a really long time to play. That's something that just in general gets under my skin. The other thing is like the fact that the golf course takes up six hundred acres and there's nothing else there, Like the fact they don't have a short course or nine hole course. They have the putting course, but like that sucks. It's hard when you're kind of but you know that the golf course is fine, but it's it's not the forty something best course in the country. Malarkey.
Speaker 1: There you go. How about this one from Justin Ray? And it requires a little bit of research and Justin Ray is much better at that than us. You have to make a bracket of thirty two active active PGA tour players to fight each other with UFC rules, who are the top four overall seeds? So UFC rules JT can't be bite? Can they bite? In UFC? I presumeably can't. I'm not familiar with you.
Speaker 2: Just PGA tour players.
Speaker 1: Active PGA tour players, So I suppose little turtle. I think he's a dual member. I might put a little turtle, I kind of.
Speaker 2: I can't get Marunk the big pole.
Speaker 1: I don't. I mean, I don't know anything about the UFC. I would think being tall is a disadvantage going quickly you get left. I think matters right. Maybe I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Morunk is an imposing figure.
Speaker 1: He's huge, yeah, but I mean how easy would he take?
Speaker 2: What about big John Thompson?
Speaker 1: I mean it just seems like he's just the bigger they come, the harder they fall. And then all of a sudden you're trying to break his ankle and they're tapping out. I mean you're talking to two people not often about UFC. I don't think I think Tyryl would be a good option there else.
Speaker 2: I don't think Tyrrel will be a good one. Why you think he's just the thin he's just kind of British. Yeah, I don't think he's like explosive, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, who's got a good fit, who's got a good punch, who packed some power? Who do you think that could be.
Speaker 2: A good question. I'm looking through the list here. I wish I could have prepped a little here.
Speaker 1: I know this. This question came in fifty seconds ago from Justin Ray. Four fighters UFC rules.
Speaker 2: Four fighters you have? I don't know what UFC rules are? Is the problem?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it means you know you can kick, you can punch.
Speaker 2: What about chess? You think chess?
Speaker 1: I honestly think, like I Thinktrick has something to him, right.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about him. I just I don't think so he's.
Speaker 1: I think Rom might be imposing.
Speaker 2: I think I would put Roy in there.
Speaker 1: And maybe I'm wrong. I think Rom would would be He's a thick He's got a thickness to him. So I think Rom's legit. Patrick Greed, anybody.
Speaker 2: Else quad comings.
Speaker 1: He's not an active FJ to.
Speaker 2: Remember, he's just ranked in the strokes gained off the tee.
Speaker 1: I could see Keegan Bradley being a nut job, just like completely off the road.
Speaker 2: What about Scott Stelling's fits, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. That's just he kind of outlast ye wear you down.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you have to have there? Since he's an athlete, you.
Speaker 1: Know Brooks like kid? Maybe I suppose what else do we got? We gave you more than four top four. I'm going with Tyrrel, Kegan Bradley, John Robb and uh, I don't know who's the last one. He said.
Speaker 2: I think Alex Norin could be good, just.
Speaker 1: This Nordic kind of tactics.
Speaker 2: I think he'd have some really, he'd have a unique form about him, like you know how he's got the weird gesticulations and gyrations that he you know, he comes to the tea with. I think he just would he'd be like, you know, he'd be like the sidewinder picture reliever.
Speaker 1: I think Hovelin might not be bad. I was thinking of Leverage. He's just listening to death metal, you know, getting to hyped up. All right?
Speaker 2: What the desert Fox?
Speaker 1: Now, some gray haired Scott that just has been living in Arizona for the last twenty years.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, Dewie.
Speaker 1: He's a burly boy for sure. I forgot he's active again.
Speaker 2: JJ spawn might not be avantage.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad one. Going to the Braves parade tomorrow, congrats.
Speaker 2: Oh I love this. This is the.
Speaker 1: Scott m No going to the Braves parade tomorrow. Congrats to your braves. What are your general thoughts on parades?
Speaker 2: All right? I hate them. I hate them so much, But then we took my daughter to parade.
Speaker 1: All right, First, why do you hate them?
Speaker 2: They're just absurd. You sit and watch people walk by these floats, these stupid small businesses that are just propaganda either they're pedaling their crap on you your stuff, and you know, well it just is so the bands play too loud, like you know, it's just it's always hot, and you're just like, what what am I doing here? You know, like if there's an option to be out washing the parade or in the house, you know, conversating having a drink, I'm going to be in the house conversating and having a drink. Now. I brought my daughter to the last parade I was at, and she had like the greatest time ever, and I just held her. She was just like shaking her arms. She's won. You know, she was just going nuts when anytime the band came by. And now I love parades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean parades are great. Up until a certain age, it was so exciting and just but now you kind of wonder, like, why why is this the thing?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Why does this person have a float?
Speaker 1: When I want a championship? I think that is more of a community celebration. The parade is sort of ancillary cause to congregate. But I would be in favor of those parades continuing. Did you see the Braves? One is a commute? Did you see this? The parade? So they're doing a parade in downtown Atlanta and then it stops. They get on the highway and commute out the Cobb County where they're suburban chopping mall stadium. I think it's like a mall. They said stadium is like thirty five minutes out. And there's of course great you know, racial undertones to this, this new stadium and all that. But it's like these buses get on the highway and then they go to another parade forty minutes away. It's kind of interesting. But congrats to the Braves. That's fantastic. Anything else do I hit anymore? A couple more?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Do you know what the difference between salted and unsalted butter? Is?
Speaker 1: No? But I've made a conscious Do you pick which? We've gone all over the place on this. I think I never know whatsulted we said on insulted on all time, sulted, not insulted, unsaulted.
Speaker 2: You know, you do salt it.
Speaker 1: We do salt it.
Speaker 2: Every time I'm in the grocery store, I look at the two and I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: I say, yeah, is it that big a difference? I'm not sure. I don't think it is. Can we do a speed round from David Laric favorite fruit? Which we've probably got a raspberry?
Speaker 2: Stop asking me this question. Window, I'm a window. Oh, I like getting in my space. I don't have to go get up to go to the bathroom. I'm in. I'm locked in.
Speaker 1: I'm the flying boss. Once I chosen window, and uh, some extremely burly folks came in, extremely likely burly times twenty five and I was literally pressed against the window and I like started hyperventilating, And I like try to go for asle every now and then. So now every time.
Speaker 2: I think the problem with the aisle is you get just bodied by anybody that walks by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Bent or Bermuda Bent, any favorite, any Permuta favorite?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Sam Burns might say that favorite commercial airline.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're not charging you're picking that, all right?
Speaker 2: I mean, what what are you going to say?
Speaker 1: I don't have a favorite. I would say Continental because that's where they flew in and out of Cleveland. But then United got their grubby hands on them and bought them out.
Speaker 2: So you know, I've been I've been uh going for United lately. I've dropped the bus. Done with the bus.
Speaker 1: I understand, I understand that.
Speaker 2: I just on with the bus.
Speaker 1: Okay, any others you want to hit here?
Speaker 2: A lot of people ask me questions about the Bulls. How are they succeeding? Are they for real? Listen? A team could be good to the regular season and stink of the postseason and they have zero rid production, but they have a lot of guys that can score a lot of points and uh and in the regular season that went to you a lot of games. So I don't think they're gonna are I don't think they're good, but there it's actually fun to have, like a fun team to watch.
Speaker 1: You keeping track of the Cavs at all.
Speaker 2: Evan Mobley is a real deal.
Speaker 1: Or above five hundred, you might have.
Speaker 2: The best player in franchise history.
Speaker 1: Shut up last one, Jim Hartzell. I don't know if it's the last one. Best all time TV show? Would you say The Wire? I think it's the liar too, mad Men's in there for me, breaking bag, Like I go with the wire. Worst commissioner in American sports.
Speaker 2: I had this Michael Quick. I mean, he's gotta be the baseball Manfred, right.
Speaker 1: He seems to be consistently tripping over himself. But here's the thing, Like the commissioners are like only there to serve as like the dartboards, right, or the punching bag. I should say more or less right. You don't get a ton of positive presses that Adam silver is somehow mostly kept himself clean. But Manfred does seem to to fit that role right now. I don't think he could say Monahan right, he did fine. I mean, I know we ban on him a lot here, but when we're talking about the universal commissioners, I don't think it's me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not at the top, he's not at the bottom. I love this one, and we'll get out of here.
Speaker 1: Grant. If you could hire someone to spend one hundred and eighty hours analyzing one moment in sports, what would it.
Speaker 2: Be you go first? I gotta think about mine.
Speaker 1: I I think it would This might be kind of cliche. I think it might be Lebron's block on Nicodala, like from start on the break through, it's pretty fun. That's pretty great, right, one hundred and eighty hours on that. Yeah, I think there's so much to noodle on with that entire dissection. I think so one moment. I don't know what they're defining as a moment, right, would you would there be a golf one that jumps out to you?
Speaker 2: I mean Phil's wind this year and Tigers win in twenty nineteen for.
Speaker 1: A moment, All right, Okay, aren't.
Speaker 2: Too bang moments. I would say there are moments like those. Those would be you know, when when when Brave Heart broke out in the at the Aqua, you know, the Bartman, the whole Bartman incident. As a Cubs fan, it's a moment with Moises Slou, you know, moistest Lou's comments in the in the you know time, and then his comments later Pete mister p Ance once as a Lou that would be one. You know, most recently as a Cubs fan, the Ricketts family crying poor when they bought up a whole city block and and then couldn't afford to keep the team together. That'd be one that would be would be good to analyze, like just to really dive into this. This billionaire that can't can't sustain, you know, one of the most profitable sports teams in the the can't pay can't pay payroll.
Speaker 1: Though, yep, I would say maybe the move of the Browns would be a good one.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a question about that. I had written down.
Speaker 1: What about it?
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see where is it, Kevin O'Connor. If the Browns didn't leave Cleveland at ninety five and Belichick is still the coach there? How many Super Bowls Super Bowl wins? Does Brenda poora several?
Speaker 1: A handful. We've somehow ended up with the laughing stock of the division when all the other franchises in the division have basically the Browns. To think they wouldn't exist without the Browns, including the Steelers, there's just a.
Speaker 2: Den of this is a what to take the Steelers, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, the Ravens don't exist without the Browns. The Bangles don't exist without the Browns because Paul Brown got canned by Artodelli goes and starts the Bangles. The Steelers were an irrelevant franchise just getting a door mat for the Browns until the seventies. This was every day in Cleveland growing up until the NFL just turned their heads and let them there's locker room just become this den, this steroid den, and all of a sudden they're relevant in like the seventies and they've just been completely irrelevant. I'm angering so many people here. But and now the Browns, you know, they've spawned this entire division and they're just They're just a laughing stock. So anyways, all right, continue on. I probably that was a low blow. I'm just kidding everybody. I love the Steelers, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 2: If TFE could play only Culver Academy, Sweeten's cover the Dunes Club, three great nine hole courses for the rest of the life of his life, which one does TFV pick? That would be Culver Academy splendid. All the other two are great, but Culver Academy is just in a whole different stratosphere.
Speaker 1: Okay, what things do you keep in your pockets during a round? This is it? This is our last question. I'm cutting it off.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: If I am really playing a personal ROUNDE I put my phone away, so that's out. I do keep my wallet in my back pocket. I just feel weird without it.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, I'm with you, and then a couple.
Speaker 2: Of ball markers one as few as few teas as possible. I know that, and I like to have like, uh, like three. I used to carry three quarters okay, but not anymore. And now it's just like one ball marker.
Speaker 1: Okay, a divot tool di no I use te okay, all right?
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: You just said that was the last four.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Like whatever teas I get in my paw when I put my hand in the bag, I don't care, and I try not to get too many, not a crazy amount two balls right when I'm not ones in play? You know there's one and uh yeah, like a ball marker or two. That's it. I I've taken my wallet and phone out, I take everything else out. When you started the pod, how long do you think it would really realistically.
Speaker 2: Last I had this one, dawn. Oh, I don't know. I don't think I had any expectations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I considered that. I didn't think. I don't think we started it expecting it to fail, or else we wouldn't have started it. That's what I would say, all right, that does it for this Friday. Thank you for all your questions.
Speaker 2: To get in your sign off there?
Speaker 1: What is there something else you want to get in? No, thank you for these questions. Demonstration of the curious, an eclectic community we have here. The shotguns start. We'll be back Monday, the Mayacoba Review. Enjoy your weekends and talk to.
Speaker 5: You then post. Also fast by the sat Cons