Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all State Savings. Ferry terms apply all State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: This episode is.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: You don't like her shirt?
Speaker 4: Loooks? I really like, I really don't. I don't know, like maybe it's changed.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about something more important? Tiger's gonna win the Masters. I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited. I definitely think it was maybe Tiger And you do you realize you say he's gonna win a green jacket? Is that what you get with you winning? That's that's what.
Speaker 2: You get when you win the Masters? Can you get a green jacket?
Speaker 4: Like it's literally a jacket.
Speaker 2: Ye, it's a green blazer and you get Yeah, ask your little sister, the eight year old, what a green jacket? What? You don't even ask her what a green jacket? Is?
Speaker 4: Gonna tell me a green joke?
Speaker 2: Ask her what do you get for winning the Masters? And she's gonna know. Welcome into episode eight of the What's Right with Nick Right podcast and YouTube show like subscribe, rate, review on iTunes, on Spotify, on YouTube, do all of those things. We have a loaded show today, as I imagine, we're unfortunately going to be discussing a team that didn't even make the NBA playoffs, a team that's not even that relevant. I don't know why we'd spend time on them. But before we get to what we will be discussing, here's what we won't be discussing on today's show. What did not make the show today Tiger's practice round. Ah, but don't you worry. Next week we're going to talk a lot about Tiger when he's wearing that sixth green jacket because he's winning this weekend. Wettle, Purdle or Wordle more on that in just a moment and replacing Kanye Coachella bonus take before we get to the show. So Wettle, I assume, is the identifying an NFL player, Perdle is the NBA player. They are all spin offs on Wordle. I've mentioned these two guys on the show a couple of times. Demons, you know them, Laslo and Slumpest. They had a great idea. I think it's a million dollar idea. I don't know if they've a followed through for it. The game is called the Serious Idea Serious business. Here, the game is called fertile, and it is you try to identify as a picture slowly, piece by piece illuminates what adult film star that is by the same rules, called fertile adult film star would be an internet sensation. It's a great idea. I told them they need to go ahead and make it. They're not gonna do it. Someone else is gonna do it, and they're gonna make a million dollars. Okay, it's a good idea. On the show today demands what are we starting with some good teams?
Speaker 4: We're starting with the Lakers?
Speaker 2: Why why would we do that?
Speaker 4: Very fortunately? Okay, if a fish sleeven eliminated from the playoffs, play in whatever you want to call it. Yeah, they looked awful without Lebron. Yeah, Lebron's whole playbook is he blames everyone but himself, even though you know he has the ball the entire time and picked his whole team. Okay, so he get Bogel fired, trade everybody, we'll just leave la Okay.
Speaker 2: So he's not the idea that that Lebron has to wear the full calpability of this. See even Dexter hates that question. He even Dexter thinks we should be talking about. Oh, I don't know the team that beat the Lakers on Tuesday, the Phoenix Suns. Did you know Chris Paul goes to the Hornets and they set their franchise record and wins. Goes to the Clippers and they set their franchise record and wins. Goes to the Rockets and they set their franchise record and wins, and with that went over the Lakers. The Sun set their franchise record. Wins. But no, you guys want to talk about the eleven seed Lakers. You want me to talk about Lebron, So begrudgingly, I'll do it, even though it's not my choice. I think they're an irrelevant team at this point. It's ridiculous. So to answer your question, Vogel is getting fired not because Lebron is going to get him fired, but because he should be fired. It is not all his fault. He objectively did a terrible job this year. Now, what's nice for Frank Vogel is I can almost guarantee you this will the last time he ever gets fired as the head coach of an NBA team, because it will probably be the last time he gets to be the head coach of an NBA team. Trading everyone everyone know, mostly everyone, Yeah, Ad stays, Lebron stays. So Lebron's not gonna leave LA. He's not gonna He didn't go through all of this, and he isn't talking about playing basketball with his son, so he can then leave LA. With that said, if the Sixers were to disappoint, there is an interesting trade to be made for Tobias Harris's salary, Tyrese Maxi, who has been outstanding this year and is very young and very cheap, plus maybe a draft pick for Lebron, Lebron, embiid Harden. It's probably a title, but I think Lebron's staying. I think Lebron, I don't know what you're laughing about. You, Yeah, it's probably a title. Uh uh, well, two years ago they actually did win the title. My friend, last year Lebron got hurt, Ad got hurt. This year they both got hurt. But here's my bigger issue because Anthony, ever, there is some type of Laker justification, which is if not for the injuries, And yet Brussard said this on the television show this week. He is right, if not for the injuries, the Lakers make the playoffs, but they are not the championship team that a lot of people thought they were before the year. And that's not because of the injuries. And yes, Rust didn't fit and there were some issues. I mentioned the coaching, But the biggest issue, and the one that needs to be figured out over the summer, is what the hell happened to Anthony Davis? He at twenty four years old, his second to last year with the Pelicans. Seventeen times that year he scored more than thirty five points in a game. He almost won League MVP. He swept out the Blazers in Round one after Boogie had gotten hurt. His best teammate was Rondo. That's it twenty four this year. Yeah, he only played half the season. Zero times all year scored more than thirty five points. Eleven guys in the league did it ten plus times. He did it zero. I was watching that game against the Suns on Tuesday night and early and the again, like Lebron's out, Lakers have to win, stay alive. Maybe Ad just throws a forty and twenty up and carries him. He didn't do that once all season. He's twenty nine. One other ad fact before we move on Anthony Davis this year, give it a guess. I give you a little context. In the NBA, great three point shooters shoot above forty The best shoot above forty five. What is considered good. Ish is above thirty five percent. Anything below thirty percent is really bad. What do you think Anthony Davis shot from three this year? Give it a percentage? Guess I'll give you a little more context. Russ shot twenty nine percent from three this year. What do you think Anthony Davis.
Speaker 4: Shot from three? Maybe like thirty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Eighteen percent? Oh well, I thought that eight eighteen percent, eighteen percent. He was the worst three point shooter in the league this year. Literally, I'm not making he shot eighteen percent on almost two threes a game. Eighty. Used to be a thirty four percent three point shooter, and then last year he was down to twenty six percent and this year eighteen percent. I don't understand it. All right, it looks like we're staying on the Lakers.
Speaker 4: What are we doing here? I know you want to give Lebron a pass and everyone is blaming Russ Ad Yeah, but you says the goat. So he's got to own some of.
Speaker 2: This, right, Absolutely, Lebron's got to own. There's one major mistake he made in one reality that he's got to face. The mistake he made was strongly advocating for Russell Westbrook now, I mean it was reported all week they could have had de Rosen. We kind of knew that before Magic went out and further confirmed it. Now, it is the job of the front office that if your star player won on something and you think it's a bad idea, to overrule him, like they did in hiring Frank Vogel. So, and we've talked about before, the idea that, oh, Lebron gets whatever he wants. No he does. He literally couldn't get as the head coach. He won and said they hired Bogel. So they've said no to him before. But the RST thing was a miscalculation by Lebron and he was wrong. And no one could have seen Derozen being this good. I wouldn't have thought DeRozan would have been a fit, but with hindsight, DeRozan would have been the better fit. But here is the reality. Lebron's got a pace and this is what he has to wear.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: Once upon a time, and that once upon a time was from two thousand and six until twenty twenty. It was fifteen years. Just having Lebron James on your team made you a guaranteed playoff team and guaranteed at least fringe title contender, and Lebron plus the right pieces made you the best team in basketball unless Kevin Durant joined a seventy three win champion. That's how it was. That's what the rules were, and one of the reasons for that was Lebron could guarantee you, no matter what, he was going to be healthy and available at the end of the year. That ended last season, not this season. Last season, because if you go through Lebron's playoff game log, what you will see is post twenty eleven finals. There is not a single postseason, not one where he has more than one bad game. And all the postseasons, by the way, he played in post twenty eleven finals, he played in the finals. So they're twenty plus game runs and he's excellent to outstanding in every game of the playoffs except for one each year. And I can name like, I can go through in my memory and be like, the title year with the Yeah, it's my job, buddy, the title year with the Lakers, Game three against the Nuggets. He was bad. His final year with the Cavs, the twenty eighteen playoff run. I was at his bad game, Game one of the conference Finals against the Celtics, he was bad twenty seven team. There was one game I think in the second round, I forget it. It was against It was bad. But other than that, he was great every single playoff game. Last year in the playoffs he had zero great games, and it's like, oh, well, his ankle wasn't great. But in the past he was never He somehow was able to make sure he was never heard at the end of the year. Wasn't able to ensure that last year, wasn't able to ensure that this year. So he was still thirty eight and six for the season. He's still clearly one of the best players in basketball. But the era of Lebron being a guaranteed the finals viability all by himself, that era appears to be over. There's a fifteen year run. It was a great run, probably ended last year. Please move on a right. Okay, that's my youngest daughter and tell you know what she is.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: We do have literally two minutes left and we have two topics left. Okay, all right, what is this accolades thing I'm seeing on the screen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we all know how incredibly importantly all NBA team is. Yeah, it's very important to spend a ton of time explaining why two Sinners can't be on the first team, which.
Speaker 2: By the way, is gonna happen. They're gonna do it. They're gonna put Yo Kicchen and Beat on the first team. Meanwhile, Bill Russel and Wilt Chamberlain could never run the first team together, but it.
Speaker 4: Never made Yeah, I don't know the history because you know, in high school I actually went on dates and parties instead of reading almanacs like you. So here's the question, can Lebron be first Team All NBA when he didn't even make the playoffs this year?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, maybe a few fewer dates and parties and a little more reading of almanac should be able to pronounce the word almanac. Maybe you should have thought about that. Almanac is what you said doesn't matter, though, it's not that you guys didn't go over that and in during your little parties in high school. You're right, I did study the history. I do care about the history, and you know what, buddy, seems like it's turned out pretty well for all involved. So maybe maybe stop with the shade about my lack of high school social life. But to answer the question, no, Lebron can't be first Team All NBIA. There we go, he can't be Listen, Steph was first team All NBA last year and missed the playoffs, but the team wasn't terrible and they made the play in and then got knocked out by Lebron. Remember he hit that three in step Sie.
Speaker 4: What a time.
Speaker 2: But no, he can't be first team All NBA, first Team All NBA. I I gotta tell you so, I'm not doing the two centers thing at forward, so I'm not put so Obviously Luke is on there as a guard, I think. Obviously, Devin Booker's on there as a guard. Obviously Yannis is on there as a forward. Obviously to me, obviously Indeed is the center. Embiid's the center, with Jokics next one, so that leaves a forward spot open. I'm not going to put two centers on the team. So you know who gets the forward spot. You're gonna be so happy, Katie. No, because Katie hadn't played enough and the team's not very good. Katie and Lebron will be the second team forwards. It's your guy, Tatum. Given Tatum, this Tatum is kind of a wing player, guard forward, I'm going to give Tatum the final forward.
Speaker 4: Spot as you should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, because I'm dripping an objectivity, I'm going to give Tatum a final forward spot. Okay, we have one other thing to get to. We're going over time. We won't spend too much time on it. But there's something I want to say. It's about the Kareem stuff.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, So on to a serious topic. Yeah, Kareem apologized just a recent criticism of Lebron. Yeah, he had said Lebron stands on both sides of the fids on certain things. Yep. He even said Lebron had done some things that were quote unquote beneath him or embarrassing. Yeah, and his apology, Kareem highlighted some of the good Lebron has done. What do you make of the situation.
Speaker 2: Listen, Kareem was not incorrect in his criticism. Kareem also, however, he was incorrect to do it publicly, And I'm glad he apologize. Here's the deal. It's not just that Kareem and Lebron might be the two greatest players ever. They are unquestionably two of, along with Bill Russell, the three most important players ever socially and socially active, and their voices resonate, and their legacies matter, and on the vast majority of things that really matter, Kareem and Lebron are aligned, and it is important when we have an entire media complex. I'm not even talking about sports media that is going to do everything they can to tear down any black athlete that dares to have a voice, that dares to fight for poor people, that dares to fight for black people, that dares to fight for a better America. The best thing that could happen for those Charlatans is to have inter fighting amongst those athletes, amongst those spokespeople. So listen, Lebron. Some of Lebron's COVID opinions were beneath him and embarrassing. Kaream's correct about that. He shouldn't have flippantly said it during an interview. He wants to have a conversation with Lebron, so be it. But we have Here's the thing, the folks fighting on the wrong side of history, the bad faith actors, all those people. One thing they do brilliantly well. They stay united. They will they have a united front. And it does if someone with someone within that group can be accused of damn near anything, and they will either ignore it or justify it. Unfortunately, the folks on the right side of history and the good faith actors tend to get to that place through principle, and so sometimes your principal demands all I have to you know what's good for the goose, good for the gannor I have to criticize even those I love if I think they're wrong on certain thing. You can do that privately, but publicly nothing is gained from that. And I hope Lebron doesn't bark back at Korean. I really hope he doesn't, because there is too much important work to be done by these two men. Dream's been doing it for his entire life. Lebron's been doing it basically his entire adult life. There's too much important work to be done and too many people trying to fight against them for those guys to let it look like they're against each other when they're not. So I'm glad Dream wasn't wrong, but he shouldn't have let the world know it. And I really hope Lebron takes the high road on this because we need those two guys united off the court as much as possible. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Indeed. We're driven by the search for better, But when it comes to hiring, the best way to search for a candidate isn't to search at all. Don't search match with Indeed use Indeed for scheduling, screening, and messaging so you can connect with candidates faster. Listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash SBO. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright podcast YouTube show. You guys already know like rate, subscriber review, do all those things if you would greatly appreciate it. We went way overtime in the first block because they tortured me with Lakers questions this one. I am hitting the clock guaranteed or triple your money back for this very episode. All right, we are going to play a game. The game is called two Wrongs, One right, Demons, please get us started.
Speaker 4: Zion said. Dad says he expects Zion to play this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a lot of games left this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Zion wants to play for the Pelicans. Increase his trade value or remind people that he simply exists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually I'm gonna go with the optimistic view. I think he wants to play. I think Zion Williamson wants to play. And none of this has made sense. They said he might play the first game of the year. We're at game eighty and he hasn't played yet, and the Pelicans are going to be in a one and done situation. Widers in the idea of, oh, you're going to throw him into that immediately. Why not let the guy play. I've seen the videos of what he can do on the court. He clearly is able to play at least certain maybe he's not in shape to play a full forty minutes, but a twenty minute restriction is fine. So I think he wants to play. I think he should play. I think they should let him play. And I'll tell you this much. Nobody who's in the play in wants to, all of a sudden have Zion is showing up for the Pelicans. Nobody wants to deal with that. The Spurs are thrilled if Zion is all of a sudden in that game, of course not. So no, let him play, And by the way I've been told. Anyway, we don't have to listen to doctors anymore that mocked or eight years of school? Who cares? I have an access to a Yahoo answers account and they told me my foot's fine. Or does that only work for pandemics? I'm not sure? Okay, all right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Big at sleeper playing team? Yeah, Hawks, Clippers or the Pelicans. Well, I'd love to say the Pelicans. But to me, sleeper doesn't just mean you can get out of the plan. It means you can you win around.
Speaker 2: And the Pelicans, even if they were to get out of the play in because of where they're at, they would be playing the Suns and the Sons will wash them. The Hawks, to me, are an interesting one because Trey Young is scary. However, again, can they win around? My answer to that is no. The Clippers, on the other hand, have a lot of things going for them here in the plan. If they win their first play in game, they're the seven seeds, so they get the Grizzlis. I listen, the Grizzlies are an amazing story. They have They win ninety percent of their games that John doesn't play, but the job injury thing. At this point, it's got to be at least like a little concerning about his timetable to return, and when he returns, how close to one hundred percent is he going to be. They have no real playoff experience, I know. Listen to me, the Clippers or the Grizzlies made it last year. I understand, and got beaten quickly in round one. But to me, there's real concern there. And tylu is a great coach, Paul George is back, and Kawhi seems to be lurking. Now. I don't expect Kawhi to come back, but the Clippers are the one team on that list where if everything falls into place right where they do get the seventh seed, Paul George stays healthy and all of a sudden Kawhi is deemed eligible to ready to play, be really scared. They could not just win around. They could win multiple rounds for a team that, by the way, the entire history of their franchise never made the conference finals until last year post Kawhi injury. If he comes back, they could do it back to back years. So I think it's the Clippers, All right, what's next We're doing? NBA Draft?
Speaker 4: Who will be the best NBA player. Chet Holme Wind, Yeah, Poolo, Don Carro yep or Jabari Smith. Okay, so Chet just cross him out? No, Chet, there's chess is not love. No, he gets no love man not no Sorry, Chet, we're crossing him out.
Speaker 2: Bon Caro is the least likely to be a bust. So bon Caro is to me the safest of the three. And he's six ten. He can pass like he's a good like a good to maybe great player. My answer is Jabari though. I think Jabari is the has the best chance to be true star in the NBA. Not that bon Caro doesn't have a chance, but he's the same size as Polo, he can shoot better. Now does it worry? It always wears me a little bit when these guys he's at Auburn doesn't have a bunch of big game experience. I get, and there were times during the NCAA tournament where Bonko looked like the best player on the court no matter who they were playing. I understand that. But gun to my head, the guy with the best chance to be a superstars Jabari Smith. So I'm gonna go with Jabari Smith, all right.
Speaker 4: Next Best Sports Week is yeah. In January with college football National Championship into the NFL playoffs. Yep. In March with college basketball National Championship into the Masters. Oh gosh, yeah, in April with the NFL Draft in the NBA playoffs.
Speaker 2: Well, my favorite two months of the year the NBA playoffs. But the part of the NBA playoffs that the draft leads up to is the beginning of the playoffs. And I don't love the NFL Draft the way some people do. Also, as much as I love the NFL playoffs, the best weekend is the divisional round weekend and on. So I'm gonna eliminate that one. The end of March madness, so you get the final war games, and you get the National Championship game, and then you get four days of NonStop action. Here's the thing about the Masters. I don't know why you're laughing.
Speaker 4: Non stop action. Yeah, yeah, impact with fun.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you something about golf. Here's the thing about golf that nobody seems to understand if they don't watch it and appreciate it. When you're watching a golf tournament, we're watching a game. A regular NFL or NFL game has a ton of downtime between plays. NBA game has relative downtime as far as free throws out of bounds all day. You know what a golf tournament is. There's eighty guys out on the course at the same time. So as soon as you see Scotti Scheffler hit, Boom, we're on to Brooks Kopka, Boom, We're onto John Rohm, boom, We're on the tiger Woods. It's just shot shot, shot shot.
Speaker 4: It's what looks like that, I recognize target.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not a golf fan. Yeah, yeah, okay, that's fine, that's great. You didn't you You know how the audience knew you weren't a golf fan. You just now found out what a green jacket was. You're pretty sure a lot of other people just find I'm pretty sure you're wrong. I'm pretty sure people that are what. You know, what, ask your little sister, the eight year old, what a green jacket?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: You don't even have to ask her what a green jacket is? Gonna tell me a green joke? Ask her what do you get for winning the Masters? And she's gonna know, because you know, she's she's a cultured person who understands things that might be outside of her. So best sports week the one we're in right now. As far as the best eight days or seven days, my bad is from the tip off of the Final four until the end of the Masters. That's your best sports week? All right, craziest claim?
Speaker 4: What's this? Which claim is the most ridiculous? Yeah, Jalen Ramsey saying Cooper Cup is the fifth best wide receiver in the FL. Yeah, Kyrie talking about the late season pressure. Yeah, or wild saying the Chiefs will miss the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if Kyrie had a quote that at first I thought was ridiculous, then you listen to it and it kind of made sense. He was like, listen, I've never been in this situation where the end of the season games really matter, and you guys know, I'm not against ripping Kyrie. But I then when I listened to it, you listen to it with me, Yes, it was reasonable. He was like, early in my career, at the end of the season, we were eliminated from the playoffs, and then since then I at the end of the season, we're locked into the playoffs. Like so, so his claim wasn't ridiculous. Jalen Ramsey, here's the thing about Jalen Ramsey. Go back and look at his GQ interviewed from a few years ago, when he basically rips a ninety percent of the quarterbacks in the league. Jalen's a Hall of Fame player, is an all time great, and I find him very entertaining. I think we are starting to build a body of evidence that says Jalen Ramsey, let's just put it as kindly as we can, doubts the athletic ability of some of his Caucasian brothers and sisters. I think that, and so I so with his wide receiver rankings, the fact that Cooper Cups his teammate, has won the Triple Crown in wide receiving and was the best player on the field in the Super Bowl, and he's like, ah, he's fifth best in the league. It's like, not the greatest Jailen. So the answers Wild's and Wild is gonna get mad many years. Is like, I didn't pick the Chiefs and miss the playoffs. I said they might miss the playoffs. It's this anti Chiefs hysteri hysteria because they lost Tyreek Kill. It's just utter and total nonsense. I understand that they lost hyary Kill and that stinks. What's also true is they have hands down the best coach in the division, hands down the best quarterback in the division. They're not missing the playoffs. They have the same odds to win their division the Rams. Do they have the better odds to win the super Bowl than the Rams do? They have the third best super Bowl odds in the league. They're not going to miss the playoffs. So Wilde has claimed that it's on the board, which is really Wild's as cowardly waves saying they're going to miss the playoffs. That's the craziest claim. I now have a question for you, question for Demnse. Let me go to my script here. What's been theiggest challenge for you over the last month of us doing the show together? Because it's been a month now getting up before eleven? Am being overshadowed by my obvious massive talent or having people come up to you on the street be like, oh my god, are you Demonse from the What's Right?
Speaker 4: Show?
Speaker 2: What's been the biggest challenge?
Speaker 4: Okay, getting mob by fans is definitely eliminated. Okay, I could say I definitely expected to be overshadowy, but the getting is a week for eleven am. It's it's gotten much easier. It's not super tough. But you know that's that's Stephanie. That's the answer.
Speaker 2: You don't have to him in the hall. That's the answer. Here's the thing demand and we'll just another moment on this. I know I was gonna hit the clock, but it just give me an extra minute. If you're watching on YouTube, you see it's at Zeros. Give me an extra sixty seconds here. Demanse wasn't a guy who would sleep for twelve hours. He would sleep for seven hours. Just those hours would be from four am to eleven thirty or from five am to noon. He wasn't a guy that would like sleep longer than most people. He just had this odd obsession with, you know, eating a bowl of Ramen noodles at two thirty in the morning every night, a three four in the morning morning Ramen noodles, and so throw off his body clock. So but let me say something, and this is sincere, and I mean it. Mark this down. This is people are hearing this on April seven. I'm going to say, by your birthday, which is July thirteenth. Between now and then, at some point someone will stop you on the street because they recognize you from this, and that will be the greatest thrill of my life.
Speaker 4: Of your life, Yes.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, because I remember this and I don't know if you do. But we were three Christmases ago, maybe four Christmases ago. It was in New York City, you know, Christmas Eve. We always go out to dinner as a family, and it might have been the first year we did that in New York and we were at Capitol Grille and as we were leaving, We're about to leave, the waiter came over and it was like, hey, I didn't want to bother you during the meal, and he was like a set he was a fan of mine, and we talked to whatever and you had this kind of like look and then you stopped me and you're like, man, that's got it be so cool. And I just remembered, like how that resonated with you. Do you remember that at all? Okay, so you remember that and the fact that now I do think there will there will be a moment that happens to you. Now, what that's going to follow up is are you the guy from the podcast? You're gonna be like, yes, thank you so much to be like your dad's awesome. But still, it'll be great, it'll be fun. We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Whoa, all right, you ready to go?
Speaker 2: I want to wrap this thing up.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: See, so this is our If this is right, I want to be or if this is wrong, I don't want to be right. I still don't quite know what the name of the segment is. But it's where I fix things, Let's be honest. It's where the world is a better place because I help people understand things better. What's the question here?
Speaker 4: Once again, you're against something that literally everybody else wants. Yeah, you don't want Twitter to add it edit part?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why is it?
Speaker 2: Okay? So this is a great example of seemingly smart people having no context of how the world actually works. So many innovations are made with the best of intentions, and they are made thinking about how good people act, when innovations need to be made considering how will the worst bad faith actors in the world act. So everyone's like, oh, Twitter needs an edit button, because I don't. I can't. I can't self edit or critique my own one hundred and sixty characters before I pressin. Because God forbid, I have a tweet do numbers and go viral and it has the wrong your versus your in it, and oh I feel so gross about it. I wish I could just change it. So let's change Twitter so I can fix my own errors that I could have fixed before I sent it. That sounds great. Here's the problem. You want an edit button, you know what, you gotta remove the retweet button, Nick, But that's the Retweeting is a huge part of Twitter. It is, so let me tell you exactly what's going to happen. I guarantee it. Someone is gonna tweet, retweet, and like if you support Ukraine and it's gonna do numbers and it's gonna have hundreds of thousands of everything, and that person is going to be a troll and they're going to change it. Change that tweet once it's been retweeted by US senators and college professors, to retweet if you think the age of consent should be lowered to nine. And then all of a sudden, you have on on Marco Rubio's Twitter page. Here's like, oh, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: But yeah, I feel like if you ever go to the tweet, you have to reset.
Speaker 2: Okay, but guess what, people will hate that because the whole reason is if that's the case, you could just delete and repost. The whole reason people want the ability to edit a tweet is because they have a spelling error or a fact error, but the tweet's already gone viral and they don't want to have to pull it down. It is total vanity. And what I'm telling you is you can be like, oh, Nick, no, Twitter is gonna they're going to put a disclaimer on these tweets. Let's say this tweet was edited. It won't matter. I know how the internet works, I know how people just and this will be what happens. Okay, So someone will have retweeted something innocuous that then turns into something awful, and in the real time everyone will be like, oh, yeah, that's a that's unfair what happened to them? And then four years later, that person's going to be either running for office or up for a big job, or discussed in the news. One of those people that's all of a sudden on the news because they helped save a kid from a burning building. You're like, Oh, this guy's great. Let's dig into his Twitter history and there's gonna be like, oh, reportedly he was out here supporting the worst things imaginable because somebody edited their tweets. Someone tell me the net benefit of it. Because this is also the story of the Internet, such a story of Twitter. It's like, oh, what if we created this information super highway where people can connect and share knowledge. It's like, yeah, that's how the best people will use it. How will the worst people use it? Oh? I don't know, spreading misinformation about global pandemics, plotting coups, and general pornography. That's what the Internet turned into for everybody. Oh what if I created this website where you can connect with your old college friends. That would be amazing. What bad could happen there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know, all of our grandparents going insane? What bad could come of that? Oh? I'm not certain your old sixth grade bio teacher. All of a sudden, you're like, wait, you believe there's tribunals where your Facebook compete? Says what guys? It is always the bad actors that have a better plan than the folks who think, Hey, what, I just want people to be able to fix the apostrophe in your That's not how it's gonna work. And by the way, it's not a shock that the guy pushing for it, all of a sudden we just bought ten percent of Twitter. Elon Musk. Whatever you think about him, we all agree he's a troll online, so he knows what this whole he knows what it's about. So sorry social media managers out there that sometimes have, you know, leave a Z out of my guy's name, and they can't just edit it. They got to pull the tweet down. Laurier does a great job. It's not worth it. You're gonna have to sacrifice for the greater good. I promise you. Editing tweets is a terrible, terrible idea that that's today.
Speaker 4: Sha