Speaker 1: All right, News Roundup and information Overload hour.
Speaker 2: Here's our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program. It is eight hundred ninety four one sean if you want to join us. I have been making the case on this program on my TV show that these are uncharted waters in terms of a midterm election year. Usually, historically, trend show that the party in power, in other words, the party that has the White House more often than not there have been a few exceptions, will lose seats in the House and usually the Senate as well, and it usually is a better off year election year for the party out out of power. I'm arguing that all bets are off and these are uncharted waters because the Democratic Party that once existed, that we once talked about and spoke about for decades, no longer exist as it once was for a democratic party to adopt. And we've gone over you know Grand Platner's record, you know at nauseum.
Speaker 1: I won't repeat it all here.
Speaker 2: And the more interesting part of it is that so called leaders of the Democratic Party will not condemn Grand Platner, if, if anything, they have embraced him. You've got a guy Elsayed running for the Senate in Michigan. That is out there campaigning with a guy by the name of Hassam Piker who said that America deserved nine to eleven. Then you got six gender tell Rico and God is non binary and all these other bizarre comments about putting a welcome mat on the border with Texas and having open borders, and he doesn't. He wants to run a meatless campaign down there, and wants to fight for the rights of transgender men to have access to abortion. Other comments about Jesus have really raised a lot of people's eyebrows there. So if you look at this party, now you add to this what happened last last week, and you've got all these Mamdani back radicals, democratic socialists, I would argue communists, but let's not you know, split hairs here, people that don't want police at all, like this woman of Villa or supporting you know, the block the Bombs Act to halt any US defense of Israel.
Speaker 1: It's become you know, the squad.
Speaker 2: The anti Israel crowd has gotten louder and louder and louder. This is a woman that participated in a pro Palestinian rally in Times Square in New York on the day after October seventh, twenty twenty three. Now you got all the other candidates, and their radicalism is just as bad. But then you've got like, where where is the rest of the Democratic Party that used to be more reasonable, more moderate? And but for the exception of John Fetterman, I can't think of one Democrat that has the moral courage to stand up against what is a full on takeover of a party that used to be far more moderate. And I thought they were always kind of extreme anyway. But there's a political report today that the Democratic Socialists are now planning to topple Chuck Schumer. I think that's just you know that that's going to be the canary and the coal mine for them. But you know, the their silence is deafening. Jefferies has a socialism dilemma. New York victory is exposed in the Democratic Party. You know, Van Jones has just hit the panic button, warning that the roof is collapsing on the Democratic Party. He says, this is a new era of Democratic Party politics. And then you look at, you know, other things like polls that have just recently come out America's pride in the US and democracy is dropping dramatically, especially among Democrats. It's stayed relatively the same among Republicans. Anyway, here to analyze or help us analyze all of this, we welcome back to the program our friend Mark Halpern. He's the editor in chief of Two Way. Do you agree with me that these are uncharted waters We've never seen a midterm election, you know, unfolding like this before.
Speaker 3: Sean good afterc and good evening, a good day. I agree with about ninety eight percent of what you said. I'll say we're not waiting for the canary in the coal mine. The canary has passed away and has been long buried. We've already seen in this New York race just a watershed moment, not just for the Democrats but for the country. I've been trying to think of what would be the equivalent laundry list of right wing positions that if a candidate took them, and then they were endorsed by Speaker Johnson, how the media would react to that. Because on Saturday, after days of equivocating, Hakeem Jeffries tweeted at his support for these three radical candidates in New York and he doesn't want to engage on their policy positions and their past social media posts. But this is an extraordinary group of people who have infiltrated the Democratic Party. They're hostile to the Democratic Party, but because they're outsiders, and because they're left wing, and because they oppose the status quo, they're winning races, not in every district, but in enough places that there has an existential and fundamental question for the party. Is this kind of person welcoming the Democratic Party or not? The verdict you know, Fetterman's not to the only one. Josh Gotttheim, or the congressman from New Jersey, There's a few other examples. The rest of the party seems to be so afraid of this part of the movement that they're welcoming them in.
Speaker 1: So how does this play out? Now?
Speaker 2: You can add to this a couple of other parts of this equation heading into this midterm. One, you have a Supreme Court decision on racial jerry mandering that did not go the Democrats way, Abigail Spamberger's power grab that didn't go Democrats way. I think you're looking at a net ten to twelve jerry mandered seats that will help Republicans. I argue they just basically are catching up to what the Democrats have been doing for decades. But so there's a lot of factors here, a lot of things, a lot of balls in the air that to me make this unpredictable.
Speaker 1: Now I'll add this, and then I want your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I don't think the events that will define the outcome of this election have even happens.
Speaker 1: Yet. We have to see how a ran plays out.
Speaker 2: We have to see if Scott Besson is right and the economy is going to rebound in a massive way. Oil prices, by the way, went below price of a barrel of oil went below what it was even before the Iran conflict started. I think that's going to bring needed relief for American taxpayers.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you agree that.
Speaker 2: It's too unpredictable this moment to figure out what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: I said the two factors you sided. The third, E'd add the end of the war, if it happens, whether Scott Bessen's right about the economy, and then how do people feel about the president and the job he's doing as of today. Despite those those factors you cited, redistricting and the Senate battleground map which favors Republicans, despite that, as of today, the Republicans would lose both chambers. But there's there's time for things to improve for the Republicans, and part of that improvement could come with the Democrats welcoming Democrats socialists into their tent. I think that's an unpredictable variable too. It's as unpredictable as the whether the economy gets better, whether the war comes to a good conclusion for the United States. Because on paper, this should be this should just be a layup, slam dunk, whatever you want, whatever metaphor you want to use for the President and Republicans. But let's see how it gets executed, and let's see how much worse it might get. We've seen new tweets from this lady in New York, Chevalier. Let's see if there's new videos of her. I bet there are, And we're Democrats going to say, well, she's just one person. She does represent our party. Well, if she didn't represent the party, I think the President's going to make them pay a price for not repudiating her for being a member of the party. And I think that's potentially when you talk about this being an unpredictable year, We've never seen a party welcome in people with positions like this.
Speaker 2: Never and it's leadership not having the moral clarity courage to take them on. With the exception of one guy, John Fetterman. Let me go to your prediction that you think, as if the election were held today, that Democrats would take the Senate.
Speaker 1: Are you saying that.
Speaker 2: Graham Platner wins Maine because I don't think so. Are you suggesting that they win Iowa? I don't think they win Iowa. Do you think el Saied wins Michigan. He's got a shot, for sure, but so does Mike Rogers. I think Republicans there's no way I see tell A Rico winning in Texas, and that leaves Georgia North Carolina also advantage him definitely going into you know, this election year for Mike Wattley, he's got up his game if he wants to win in North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you left you left too off Alaska New Hampshire and look today.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't think Alaska is a problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, today I don't either. That's what it sounded people's listening today today, some of those states would go Democrat. However, obviously there's time. But if you look at internal Republican polling in those states today, Mike Rodgers would lose today, today Collins would lose today. But these races are not going to are not blowouts. And again this is not a partisan position or a media analysis. This is what Republicans will tell you. Things have to get better in terms of the President's approval rating. Republicans have to do a stronger job of defining this as a choice election rather than a referendum on the president. I don't believe in the end the Republicans will lose Iowa or or main I just don't. But today they will.
Speaker 1: And you don't think they'll lose Alaska either.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't. I don't think they'll lose Texas either. In fact, I still believe that Republicans have a better chance of picking up Net one than Democrats have of taking the majority. And I i'n't heard many people frame it that way, but I really do believe that Democrats are in real danger of losing Democratic kelseats in Michigan and in New Hampshire and Georgia because of what happened in the governor's race and the primaries. I think Georgia is going to be more in play than people are generally thinking now.
Speaker 2: So I'm telling tell me why you think Georgia Senate race will be in play more.
Speaker 3: Because if you look at the two gubernatorial nominees, the Republicans nominated a billionaire who already spent tens of millions to get the nomination. I don't think he's going to close his check book, and he's a pretty good fit for the state. Democrats nominated the former very liberal governor, a mayor of Atlanta, And while Democrats deride the Republican Senate nominee, mister Collins, I think he's done a good job so far of defining the terms of the race. So it's a red state, it's not a purple state or a blue state. I think Governor camp very much is determined to play a big role here. I think you'll be in the sink for the first time in a while with the president. And so if you're looking at ass Off, you know, maybe winning by three on a great day. And now we look at the governor's race, and I suspect a lot of straight ticket voting in Georgia. I think I think I'll be curious to see, after things settle down and get to the fall, what the polling is like in the governor's race. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson with a substantial lead if the economy looks good, and if Jackson is going to win the governor's race by a lot. You know, you think about who's a Jackson as off voter. If you think there are going to be a lot of those, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think so either. I quick break more with Mark Alprin on the other side. We'll also get your calls in. All right, we continue with Mark Alprin, editor in chief of Two Way, as we break down what is really an unprecedented, you know, a midterm election year, uncharted waters.
Speaker 1: As I always say, I'm sure you saw.
Speaker 2: Political today and they're pointing out the Democratic Socialist are now planning to take down Schumer. Schumer's silence has been deafening. It was deafening on Mom, Donnie. It's been deafening on these three people that got elected last week. It seems to me that the only thing took Schumer and Hakim Jefferies really care about at this point in time, is hanging on to you know, their quote positions of power, and they showed just it's not even a reluctance or resistance, it is a complete unwillingness to take on these radical ideas. Does that spread across the country? Is there a nationwide effect to what they're doing?
Speaker 3: Look, we had in twenty sixteen two people run for the major party presidential nominations who weren't members of their own party. One became the nominee of his party and changed the party fundamentally and it's kept control of it for ten years, remade it in his image. The other was cheated out of the nomination by the establishment Bernie Sanders. Had had they not cheated the Democrats out of the established the established and not cheated Bernie Sanders out of the nomination, I suspect Sanders would have been in control of the Democratic Party and done the mirror image of what Donald Trump is. What's more popular within the Democratic base right now where all the energy and active activeness is socialism or Chuck Schumer. We know the answer to that is so they can read polls, they hear from their advisors, They read social media. They're they're trying to save their lives, and they're thinking very old fashioned terms about power and about party and about the country, and maybe they can hang on a little bit longer. But they're making a deal with the devil here regarding the traditional views of the party, and they're really taking a risk that what they're going to end up with is nothing. They'll lose their jobs, they'll be overthrown by the by the by the by the Socialists, and they won't have done everything they could to try to keep the party moored to something more towards the center.
Speaker 2: I'd say with ninety five percent in agreement at this moment in time. I think obviously events will change things. I want to see how the economy recovers. I want to see how the issue with the RAM plays out. So there's a lot that will happen between now and November.
Speaker 1: It's going to be.
Speaker 2: To me, it's the most fascinating midterm I've ever seen in my lifetime. But Mark Alpin, appreciate you. Don't forget you can find Mark. He's the editor in chief of Two Way. Appreciate you being with us as always. Thanks Mark, Thank you, sir, Linda. Did we get any more calls since I took a couple of days off to try and heal a little bit about whether I was dying or not.
Speaker 4: I told him you were just playing hooky and to stop with all the you know, the fear and wonder. I was like, listen, he's tired, he just needs the rest.
Speaker 1: That's actually not what was going on.
Speaker 2: I mean I had so let me give you the you want the full version or you want the half version.
Speaker 1: You already know the version I know, so I tell the whole version.
Speaker 5: You should tell the version.
Speaker 1: Probably okay.
Speaker 2: So I've had look over the years, I was a pretty good athlete, active athlete, and over the years in my cervical spine, I've had degeneration and I have bulging discs like two, three, four, and five I think is the number.
Speaker 1: And one of them got.
Speaker 2: Pinched and it was like the worst pain I ever had ever. So go to the doctor like you're supposed to. I get an MRI, like you're supposed to. Doctor says inflammation has to come down. And the way they take down inflammation is a medicine called prednozone, which is the worst medicine ever made that actually works, it lowers inflammation. I've taken it probably like two hundred times over the course of my career. When my vocal cords get inflamed and I'm on the road and I don't have the luxury of taking off, I would take prednizone and it would lower the inflammation of my vocal cords. Linda, you've been with me. When I had it, usually get a little bit bloated. That's a known side effect of pread in the zone. And then I tried to get off it a little bit too quickly. My mistake, my bad, my dumb, and then it impacted my voice last week, and for most of last week my voice was kind of struggling a little bit.
Speaker 1: And every day you will give me a grade on my voice. How does it sound today?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's the best it sound in a week, for.
Speaker 2: Sure, exactly. So you know with that, I said, okay, I'll take off. Because all these articles are being written Hanned. He looks like he's dying.
Speaker 1: Hanned. He looks like he's headed for the grave.
Speaker 2: Now, the funny part is when I put up on X this post explaining just that this has happened to me so many times in my career.
Speaker 1: It is. It is a necessary medicine.
Speaker 2: First of all, you get bloated, you get flush, you get ravenous, You're like hungry as can be.
Speaker 1: You can't can't sleep.
Speaker 2: That makes you irritable, and it just but it does take down the imflammation. Now, the good news is I am completely pain free because the imflammation came down. It's settled down. My voice is back. I still have a little bit of the bloat still there. People will watch TV tonight and say, adn't he's about to die.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: It's a it is a natural side effect to this medicine. You have worked for me for twenty years. How many times do you recall I've taken this medicine.
Speaker 5: Oh, many, many times, many.
Speaker 1: Times right because we're on the road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's it's always been your kind of You hate it, but it's your go to.
Speaker 1: I hate it, it's a go to anyway. The good news is I've been off at six days.
Speaker 2: But sometimes it takes about four to five weeks to totally get out of your system.
Speaker 1: So you know, I still well.
Speaker 4: I mean, you should probably let people know that's why you have what they call moonface because you know you're on prendices.
Speaker 1: That's what they call it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you know I.
Speaker 1: Think I look better with moonface? Do you think I look better with moonface?
Speaker 5: I don't know that. I think that you look better at movies.
Speaker 4: I think that might be fake news, but uh, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: Were you as surprised as I was that people actually were writing these ridiculous comments?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 4: I think everybody's doctor Google. Some of it came out of, you know, hope for you to be better. Some of them wanted you to be dead. There was a weird mix in between, I mean, but it was a lot of chatter. I'm glad you took control of the narrative.
Speaker 2: Well, the problem is we took control of the narrative on this radio show probably three or four days last week.
Speaker 1: It's not like I didn't talk about it.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: In the post office was helpful. That was helpful too.
Speaker 1: When Blair put it up. I wrote him like an hour later, I said, how's the reaction?
Speaker 2: He goes, well, half a wishing you well and praying for you, and the other half want you dead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the same thing I saw exactly right.
Speaker 1: Oh is it still up there or is it calmed down?
Speaker 5: It's up there. People are talking.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's a lot of chatter today because you're back in your yapp and and you sound fine. So the librizzal said, the Conservatives and the Christians are fine.
Speaker 5: We'll all move along.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you'd think it is the worst thing on earth. It actually is not.
Speaker 2: All right, We've got to get We got so much to get to Bill Maher I found made the most interesting comments over the weekend. He did have JD Vance on. I thought it was an interesting exchange, and he told JD. If this is where the Democratic Party is heading, meaning this hardcore radical, anti Semitic left, he said, his vote will be in play.
Speaker 1: Let's play that this is where.
Speaker 7: The Democratic Party is going, where this democratic socialist, this obsession with Israel, with the Jew hating with they don't believe in capitalism, no prisons. If this is where they're going, my vote is in.
Speaker 1: Play, okay. And I like to hear that.
Speaker 7: It actually always has been. I just every year. I don't make my decision by who is an R or D. Actually came to the conclusion that the Democrat was probably better, sure, and voted for them. And Trump can't run again, and he'd be a little too exciting for me anyway, So it's.
Speaker 1: Either going to be you or Rubia. And then mar praised Republicans.
Speaker 2: They're the ones that go on a show, and he says he can't get Democrats like Mamdani or AOC or Kamala Harris to go on a show. And I think this is more revealing than anything else that he's saying here.
Speaker 7: I'm just glad you're talking to me, you know, I mean, I say it every time. And the Republicans come here, they take their beating like a man.
Speaker 1: It's the people I vote for. They're the ones who won't talk to me. That's odd, isn't it?
Speaker 7: It is very odd?
Speaker 1: I mean, and i'd probably like this new woman who was elected in New York. Do you think she'll come on the show. Oh, I know you are.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: I can't get AOC, I can't get Mendanni. I can't go and get Kamala Harris. You know it took me eight years to get Obama. Anyway, let's not talk about my problem. And I promise this is going to be a lot easier than talking to the Iranian.
Speaker 1: Or or even more the view. The question is whether it's harder than the view. That's right.
Speaker 2: Now, here's the interesting part to me, and I want to know if it's interesting to you. He was saying that this midterm election.
Speaker 1: Is a lock.
Speaker 2: Now we have El Sayed, Now we have Graham Platner, Now we have Tela Rico. Now you have Chuck Schumer and Hakeem Jefferys afraid to dare ever take on the radicals in their party. And so this now is a midterm election year that is the most unpredictable we've ever seen in our lifetime, because I think as the country begins to see that the whole party is radicalized and is now the party of Mamdani and AOC and Bernie and Pocahontas and El Sayed and tell Rico, how does I mean the mainstream Democrats?
Speaker 1: Is there any way they win those votes over?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something right now, the DSA has one thing that neither the Republicans or the Democrats have. They are unified in their hatred of America. And they've got more funding than God. Between Nevill Singham and Soros and everybody else that's giving them money. These are a bunch of really dumb people who have never had jobs ever, literally including Mom Dannie. They have never had a real job, and suddenly they're soaring to the top of the polls as we try to get the save AC pass because there's nobody watching who's doing what it is beyond the pale. And I'm telling you right now, if we don't get our act together and the Republicans don't start sticking together because we don't even need enemies, we have each other, we'll just kill each other. And the Democrats, the regular Democrats are just trying to figure it out. You know which ways up. Schumer doesn't matter, Pelosi doesn't matter, AOC does.
Speaker 1: Schumer's done, So is that Kim Jeffers Their day is at numbered.
Speaker 4: I don't know that Hikeem is done, but he basically has two options. He either has to get in line or he's it's over, like that's what they're telling him.
Speaker 2: Well, he showed every indication this weekend that he's going to get behind the radicals that were elected last week.
Speaker 4: And I agree, I agree with you one hundred percent. I think he's capitulating because he's trying to save his own ss. He doesn't care about the country. They don't care about the country. They want the country to fail. They have no love of America. The irony of that is not lost on any of us that are looking at the end of this week in July fourth.
Speaker 2: This is where they want to fundamentally change America.
Speaker 1: This is why all of these polls.
Speaker 2: Keep coming out that show that the Democrats are not proud of their country. Will not fly an American flag this fourth of July. And there is such a dramatic difference between how Republicans Conservatives view the country, are proud of the country, are grateful for the country, and Democrats are not.
Speaker 1: Scott and Illinois. Scott, you're on the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 6: Hi, Hi, Sean. Glad to hear you're feeling better.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, Thank you.
Speaker 6: With the Save America Act really would push us toward fraudless or less fraudulent elections. Why are four to five of our Senate Republicans against it. I just don't understand it, particularly going into the midterms, because we really got to get to Save America Act passed to put our odds in much better standing for passing the midterms and that will give us an ability to carry out the Trump agenda for the last two years. What are your thoughts on it?
Speaker 1: It's frustrating to me.
Speaker 2: This is an eighty five percent issue, and you would think that on an eighty five to fifteen issue, Republicans would stay united. They don't want that. They can't get the votes. John Thune is not going to push aside the filibuster. I don't know how they could possibly put it in a reconciliation bill. So you know, we're basically held hostage until some Republicans get allowed enough message from their constituents that this is what people want. I mean, you were talking about the most basic fundamental integrity issues involving elections. You're talking about proof of citizenship and voter ID Why would anybody not want that?
Speaker 1: How about we ask that question?
Speaker 6: Yes, you know, it's interesting in regard to last week's victories by the Socialist you would think they would push these four to five Republicans were against it off the docket here and get behind the Save America Act. They know what's coming down the line, and you know I office in Lake Geneva and our great Senator Ron Johnson here in Wisconsin. He's gone as far as advocating for new King of Film Muster.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of Republicans. Now, I don't think Donald Trump is wrong. I think this new radicalized democratic, socialist, really communist Party, if they ever get back in power, which is what makes this the single most important midterm election in you're a lifetime, in our lifetime, I believe they'll nuke the filibuster. I believe they'll packed the courts. I believe that Puerto Rico DC statehood. That's only the tip of the iceberg. I think any election integrity measures will be removed, never mind strengthen they're going to be removed. And at that point they will push for their you know, socialist radical redistribution, you know utopia, new Green Deal utopia and God helped the country.
Speaker 1: Now. The worst part is they'll also be you.
Speaker 2: Know, endless investigations into all things Donald Trump, and we'll go right back to where we were between twenty twenty and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Not only will the Trump agenda be staff which has been probably the most successful agenda covered in such a quick time in American history, but just passing to save America Act, Sean, we'll protect and save our constitutional and.
Speaker 2: Public Well, I think, I mean the values that made this country great, that they remain constant, you know, the idea that we you know, Americans don't want to embrace. Not every American wants to embrace freedom. You know, there is an argument to be made that is appealing too many, and that is the false security the government will take care of your every need. But I ask you, what does government do well? How are government schools doing? How is social security and medicare doing? How's Obamacare doing? What does government do that great that you would you would put in their hands the ability to steal from one group of people to give it to you, to empower them to take care of your every need. Socialism, Marxism, statism, communism, whatever it is, it always ends the same. You have broken promises, more poverty than when you started, and then you calculate how much freedom you gave up in the name of that false security. That's how it ends. And nobody can point to a single example where it didn't end that way. Anyway, my friend, I appreciate the call eight hundred and nine four one Sean. If you want to be a part of the program right that's going to wrap me up for today. Hannity Tonight nine Eastern on the Fox News Channel.
Speaker 1: Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith and I will discuss his party, the Democratic Party, and its total turn to the well radicalized socialist, communist left. Brianna Lyman takes to the streets and talks to people. Nancy Grace will join us, Ari Fleischer, Charlie Hurt, Emily Campanno nine Eastern c DVR, Hannity on Fox See you tonight, back here tomorrow. Thank you for making the show possible.