Speaker 1: Hey guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of the show.
Speaker 1: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll get access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 1: We need your help to build the future of independent news media and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com. Good morning, everybody, Happy Tuesday. We have a great show for everybody today.
Speaker 2: What do we have, Crystal, Huge breaking news this morning here and abroad. So Israel has resumed their all out assault on Gaza. Really one of the deadliest days that we've seen in quite a long time. So that ceasefire is completely gone. It had been you know, had already sort of been broken, but now it is just all out and salt back on. So we'll break all of that down for you. Also, Trump now sort of threatening war with Iran. So another significant development there, we had updates with regard to the courts and Trump's invocation of the Alien Enemies Act. We've got updated news with regard to the economy, consumer sentiment in particular falling off cliff the DOGE people led by Elon really taking acts to Social Security and new memo leaked revealing the details of their plans there. And Chuck Schumer canceling his planned book tour on his book Anti Semitism because of quote unquote security concerns after there is a fierce democratic backlash to his decision to cave to the Republicans.
Speaker 1: And the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: So interesting domestic political moves there.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, he's got security concerns now for a forty five day book tour, long planned tickets were all sold highly secured environment.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think the first one was supposed to be with Richie Torres. What a shame, so good, What a shame that people will miss dount on that.
Speaker 1: All right, hard turn here. We've got some very very terrible developments overnight in Israel, And let's go ahead and put some of this up on the screen and I will narrate over it. So there's military operations resuming late last night Eastern time in the United States. You can just see lots of scenes of panic. Israeli military jets basically bombarding both the north and south of Gaza. There's a mass panic inside of the Gaza Strip. It appears to have caught everybody kind of a little bit off guard. There was some knowledge that military operations would resume at some point, but the collapse of the ceasefire happened incredibly rapidly, and the resumption of military operations as well basically caught everybody surprise, except for the United States. Let's put this up there on the screen. Drop Side News Ryan Grim outlet has here some reports from on the ground in Gaza. Keep in mind that that number up there is outdated. It appears to got three or four hundred people now who have been killed inside of the Gaza Strip. It's apparently one of the deadliest days since twenty twenty three. And the resumption of bombing there in October. The October seventh attacks, Drop site contributor Abu Baker Abed reports quote is really shelling and bombardments have intensified in Dar Alballa and central Gaza. Talks advancing further east and tanks advancing for the reason heavy shelling in the area ahead of them. Quote, I can't stop hearing air strikes and I can't stop hearing shells. It is horrifying and unbearable. It is absolutely unbearable. Let's go to the next one, police, and we will show you here. From the Israeli Prime Minister's office, Benjamin Netanyahu and the Israeli Defense Minister Israel Kotts have instructed the military to take forceful action against Hamas in the Gaza Strip. Drop Site notes medical sources in North Gaza have confirmed to drop Site that area bombardments are being heard across the entire strip from north south everywhere, literally everywhere. Now, do make sure that you know that this was not Israel acting outside of the approval of the United States White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt on the airwaves yesterday to make that clear. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 3: Trump administration and the White House were consulted by the Israelis on their attacks in Gaza tonight. And as President Trump has made it clear, Hamas the houthis Iran. All those who seek to terrorize not just Israel, but also the United States of America will see a price to pay, all hell will break loose, and all of the terrorists in the Middle East again, the Huthis, Hesbla Hamas, Iranian backed terror proxies, and Iran themselves should take President Trump very seriously when he says he is not afraid to stand for law abiding people. He is not afraid to stand up for the United States of America and our friend and our ally Israel. And we know that these successful defensive strikes that took place over the weekend against the Houthis in the Red Sea were indeed successful. We took out some of their leaders, and the Defense Department is continued to contin is set to content continue with this campaign if the Hohothies continue with their retaliatory measures. The President is going to stand for the navigation freedom of navigation of our seas, which is a very basic principle that unfortunately the previous administration refused to stand for, and that's why we are in this mess in the Middle East in the first place. President Trump inherited a lot of problems Sewan because of the incompetence and the weakness of the Biden Harris administration, but he is focused on fixing them and our allies and our adversaries better take him seriously.
Speaker 1: So you can see. It's pretty and clear that they consulted there with the United States, and I think this is a major turning point for the Trump administration. We were on a decent enough path. We had a fifty day cease fire, which was extremely you know, I think good for people in Israel, for people in Gaza. There was some hope for the hostages. Our Griffin Davis spoke with one of the family of those hostage. They were very helpful with the talks of Boehler and Steve Witkoff. However, the Israeli government basically made it clear from day one that they had no interest in transition to some sort of Phase two deal. I think the straw that broke the camel's back was Adam Bohler's direct talks with Hamas and his sidelining. It was just clear that there are elements here in the United States government that simply cannot countenance any sort of genuine diplomatic solution, and without that, an Israeli government and military which is hell bent on just continuing the war basically forever. They don't believe in not only the possibility or the necessity or a want of a permanent ceasefire and or a release of the remaining hostages. This is the most beneficial outcome to them, and we are now boxed in a very very dangerous corner of not only resumption of military force in the Gaza Strip, but everything that comes with that geopolitical instability, war with Iran possibly which we're going to talk to a little bit, the hooties and the Trump administration trying to telegraph that they are not afraid of using military strength. I mean, the main thing that I just get so annoyed by there at the end, she's like Joe Biden didn't try to enforce freedom of navigation. Yes, we just talked yesterday. We dropped more missiles in the last two years than we did in the thirty years prior for Antisia, including two wars that we fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yes, I'm aware that there was not a nable element, but the point still stands. Hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars have been spent trying in just the last two years to diminish this houthy threat. Turns out the only thing that worked was a ceasefire. It was good for America, it was good for Israel, and it was good for Gaza. But no, you've got elements here which just don't want to participate in it. And we're on the we're in, you know, on the road show now, so everybody buckle up. And it's unfortunate. But I don't really see a way out of this for the very foreseeable future, except if there is what we can all hope is Trump blinks and there's so much instability that he has to push back. But even creating and allowing the situation in the first place, there's no reason for it. Zero. They were on the right track. But as you guys can see, you have a member of the US government, he goes on Televin's as we're not a client state of Israel, basically gets lopped his job entire off the next day. So be it not to.
Speaker 2: Mention a story that we never could get to covering, even though we had it in the show like four different times. But his name is Daniel Davis correct who was supposed to be under Tulsi at the DNI in a significant position helping to compile the briefings the daily briefings of intelligence for the President who had dared to be critical of our policy vis A VI Israel and critical of the Israeli government, and they also were able to keep him from being part of this administration, something that our friends over at Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft were sounding the alarm about and quite upset about. And I just point this out to underscore what Sager is saying here that that seems to have been a significant turn. There was an opening of like, oh, maybe there will be a different approach here. But you know, from the beginning there were kind of two different theories of what was going on with the ceasefire. One was that Trump just basically wanted a win that would to bring to his inauguration day so he could say, look at I was able to accomplish something that Joe Biden wasn't able to accomplish. I was able to get it done before or inauguration day even happened. Look at this era of peace and prosperity I'm going to bring to the US. And that the plan was always like after that, he didn't really care what happened. Bbntnaho has from the beginning promised his coalition partners who are absolute terrorst psychos, that he was going to not move on to phase two. His coalition depends on him resuming this war. Not to mention, he was scheduled, I believe, literally today to have to testify in his own corruption hearing, which has been delayed and delayed and delayed because of October seventh and because of the war, etc. Et cetera. Well, now guess what he gets a delay on that as well. So we always knew what net Yahoo wanted to do here, but there was an open question. Okay, did Trump just care about getting the win for inauguration day or did he see this as like a sort of signature achievement part of his ego and legacy building that he would want to fight and work and use leverage to be able to preserve. And at this point I think we have our answer that, you know, if he cared about it at all, he certainly didn't care about enough to withstand the pressures of the you know, significant donors that gave to his campaign who you know, we're interested in this. There's many hawkish and some you know, some it's not about financial some of it's just purely ideological interests. Within the Republican Party, the Republican establishment, within his own administration, people that he has brought in and elevated within his own camp. So, you know, I think, I think at this point it is undeniable that he was not willing to stand up to the internal political pressure, was not willing to use the nearly unlimited leverage that we would have to secure a better outcome here, and is happy to effectively at this point give Bibe whatever he wants, whether it's with regard to this, with regard to the hu Thies now threatening war visa vi Iran, and something we haven't talked about in a while. You remember Trump floated this idea of like, oh, we're just going to get rid of the power Palestinians out of the Gaza strip. We'll just ethnic cleanse them all together. Well, there was reporting recently that Israel in the US were actually talking to different African countries about, hey, would you take these Palestinians we're about to expel from Gaza. No, both of those countries that know We're not willing. But it shows you this was more than just a flight of fancy or something that he threw out there. This is something that they're at least somewhat serious about and actively pursuing to see if they could be able to achieve. So that's where we are today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we have here for dropsite. This was a response from hamas Netanyahu and his government resumed their aggression in genocidal war against the defensive civilians in Gaza. We hold net and Yahoo and the Zionis occupation fully responsible for the repercussions of the treacherous aggression. Netanyahu and his government have decided to overturn the ceasefire, exposing the prisoners in Gaza to an unknown fate. We demand that the mediators hold net Yahoo and the Zionist occupation fully responsible for violating and for overturning the agreement. So what the most responsible, the most the most important thing to take away from that is that they have retrenched basically back to where we started before the ceasefire. Now, look, it is great, you know, we got some hostages out, but it's one of those where we're now at a point and it's a real jump off point where the collapse of the ceasefire, which was basically violated by I mean, look, the Israelis obviously violated the ceasefire. They're saying Hamas viola of the ceasefire.
Speaker 2: Israel never stopped killing people in Gossen Way, ye, the.
Speaker 1: Lower level they did, you know, cut off electricity, etc. They just have never had any interest. The only way to do it would be to put significant pressure from the United States, which we did to facilitate the very first ceasefire. I genuinely I don't think Trump has truth feelings about any of this. He wanted to be the peacemaker and he really enjoyed the headlines. But you people, everyone watching the show, you need to understand the internal political pressure that happened from Adam Bohler and from Steve Wikoff is unbelievable. I mean, I am in the opening days of the administration. If you'll remember, I did multiple segments and I was talking about here the Israel lobby here in Washington declared war against Steve Wickoff. They're doing it now today against Tucker Carlson and any other right wing figure. Their current line is that they are bought by or by Qatar and by Hamas. Yes, the people who are from the Israel lobby are accusing others of taking foreign donations. It's just genuinely the most insane thing I've ever seen. But this is.
Speaker 2: Reality, a Jewish real estate, real estate Jewish.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, people need to understand that's what counts for politics here and here's the thing, guys, it worked. Not only did Steve wickcoff, he probably never received more calls in his entire life than whenever he facilitated that ceasefire, and genuinely, it seemed, wanted to push for Phase two. Then Adam Boehler, who again, this is a guy who worked for Jared Kushner, this is the guy who helped negotiate the Abraham Accords. Do we anyone want to tell me that Adam Boehler, who, by the way, I think believe is Jewish himself, is some anti semit No, he stated the obvious, where I understand why these reel government upset We're not a client state of Israel. Oh my god, his discussions with Hamas, what else did you say? He's like, yeah, they're actually a good guy.
Speaker 2: But he said that he understood that the Israelis were afraid that they would meet with them and find like, yeah, they don't have horns growing out of their heads. Maybe they're good guys. So he yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, my point, he stated the obvious. That's what you do whenever you're trying to facilitate the end of a conflict. You're supposed to talk to your enemies, even if you don't like them. Yeah, it's sad, Okay, I don't know. Welcome to reality. The problem that is for boler is what happened. Oh my god, same thing the freak out the Jewish insider that we have right now, which is basically just a hatchet organization against any America first appointee. You have no idea the internal pressure. And I've been trying, you know, I'm not really able to report everything that I hear on this, but it is unbelievable the amount of of pressure coming from the Adelson organization and the neocons, and the breakthrough in the last let's say seventy two to ninety six hours has been this houthy stuff where Trump at the end of the day is very easily manipulatable. So they're like, hey, look they you know this is happening, and in his mind he's like, okay, so let's bomb them now. You know, he's probably aware. I think that bombing the houthies has not worked for ten years. However, it's about what strength. They're like, oh, you're going to appear weak. That's how they manipulate him. There'll be like, look, you're going to appear weak if you don't strike back. Then you know, this whole Iran connection is the one that is brought in and he's like, well, actually, you need to take a step further than Biden and you need to threaten the Iranian regime directly. Now, this is where it is again preposterous. Does Iran support the houthis? Yeah. Do they provide them weapons, Absolutely, But by the logic of providing weapons to somebody, Russia would be well within its rights to bomb US now for giving Ukraine weapons, Yeah exactly. Oh but you're never going to hear that one from any of these people. Are they proxies in a sense? Yes? Are they totally totally controlled by Tehran? Absolutely? Not. Anybody who's familiar with who the organization or with any of their development. Many of the Iranians we're not very happy about some of the things that were happening over the last several years. They still maintain like a connection. I'm not going to claim that, but the point beyond all this is they think they can just solve this by saying, oh, We're gonna bomb Tehran, and they are very easily slow walking us into a much worse geopolitical situation. There is no reason for us to be so deeply enmeshed to be facilitating the removal of Palestinians on behalf of the Israeli government or the military. And all this does is not only cause suffering, it causes immense problems for the United States and the potential of future terrorism and so much more so. Yeah, this is my only hope. My only hope is that there is at least out age pushback, some sort of conflict where we're genuinely on the brink where they have to choose. I would hope that they choose not to go over that brink. But unfortunately, courage is not something that comes readily available in Washington. And the path of least resistance for the Biden administration, for the Trump administration is let Israelis continue to do it. You know, we'll pick you. I don't know, we'll like talk out of two sides of our mouth, and we're just gonna let them slow walk us into more, more and more problems, and you know, America needs to wake up, but we're not there yet. We're just not as.
Speaker 2: I also can to divorce it from the domestic political climate that they have created. With the absolute crackdown on speech around you know, all of the pro Palestine protests, taking arresting Maku Khalil for his speech, a legal permanent resident, calling him a terrorist, et cetera. It becomes very difficult to sustain the thought that anyone who even hosted pro Palestine sentiments is a terrorist or supporting terrorism, or people who protested in favor of an end to this war that you claimed you wanted to stop is pro Hamas and is supporting terrorism. While you have your own negotiator out there saying, hey, we've got to meet with these guys. You know, Israel's not you know, we're not an agent of Israel, and they're afraid that we're gonna meet with them and find that they're not such bad guys and they don't have horns coming out of their head. These things become sort of internally unsustainable, and so I think you can't divorce this timing of the resumption of all on assault in Gaza and giving BB everything he wants with regard to that, and the Hothis and Iran with the domestic crackdown here as well. You know, these things sort of go together hand and glove. With that being sad, we've mentioned here a couple of times what the latest saber rattling with regard to Iran. So why don't we go ahead, Saga and get to that piece as well.
Speaker 1: Well, Let's go to that. This is probably the single most troubling development of this entire thing. And let's go ahead and put this up there on the screen. Donald Trump says Iran quote will suffer dire consequences for any more Hoofy attacks. Further attacks or retaliation by the Hoothis would be considered an attack by the Iranian regime and it would face dire consequences. This specifically comes from Trump's truth social accounts. So can we please put that up on the screen so that I can just read the full thing quote. Let nobody be fooled. The hundreds of attacks being made by the Houthi, the sinister mobsters and thugs based in Yemen, who are hated by the Yemeny people, all emanate from and are created by Iran. Any further attack or retaliation by the Hoothis will be met with great force. There is no guarantee that will force stop there. Iran has played the innocent victim of rogue terrorists from which they've lost control. But they haven't lost control. They're dictating every move, giving them weapons, supplying them with money and highly sophisticated military equipment and even so called intelligence. Every shot fired by the Hoothis will be looked upon from this point forward as a shot fired from the w weapons in the leadership of Iran. Iran will be held responsible and will suffer the consequences, and those consequences will be dire. Now, this is one of those where we're basically creating what you don't want, which is a direct red line. If you don't cross it, you're actually gonna embolden, right the hoo thies. And Trump has consistently tried to do this in the past, and I will say, I guess the only good thing is that he has never really followed up on it. He keeps telling Hamas there's going to be hell to pay? Is it going to be hell to pay? It's like, okay, well, nothing really happened, you know, with any of that. Yes there is Okay, the Israelis aren't doing it, but may America's not, you know, in there directly bombing the Gaza strip, which is effectively what he was saying on this point. You've now made it clear who the's cross it. Do the Iranians even have total control? Let's say they don't. Only takes one guy and then that's it. We're off to the races. And the problem that we want to identify here is it's just fundamentally different for Israel and for Iran to have tit for tat strikes against each other, even yes, with the United States come and intervening, it's genuinely just completely another universe where the United States itself is directly bombing Iran has not happened in I don't even know it's ninety one something like that. And that's just my other thing is that these pro war with Iran folks, they always try to point to limited military engagements in the past and be like, that's the way that it's going to go. You have no guarantee. We have also created a situation for them where they have to save face in some respect or they will be not only look ridiculous to their own people, but look ridiculous to any of their proxies or power projection. They have interests in Iraq and Syria and else where. They taken a lot of l's in the last few in the last few years. It only takes one to jump off, and so the pro war with Iran crowd they think that's worth it. I don't think it's worth it at all. What interests could we possibly have in that region to expend millions and to possibly lead to thousands of American lives being lost. I want to read here from Tucker Carlson, and specifically these are this is the post that has been getting him tarred as a Katari asset. You could say a lot about Tucker. To call him a Katari asset is probably one of the dumbest things that I've ever seen. It's worth pointing out a strike on the Irani nuclear sides will almost certainly result in thousands of American debts. It bases throughout the Middle East cost the United States tens of billions of dollars. The cost of future acts of terrorism on American soil may even be higher. Those aren't guesses. Those are the Pentagon's own estimates. That's true. A bombing campaign against Iran will set off a war. It will be America's war. Don't let the propagandas lie to you directly underneath it top reply, the post is brought to you by Qatar. But listen, it's him. You got Candace, you got Steve Bannon out there. That's basically it. Everybody else in the administration, even the people who may agree their mouths are shut, they don't have anything they could particularly do. At the top, you've got Marco Rubio, Mike Walsh, We've got micro Rubio, Mike Wallas, and Pete hegseth All who basically said stuff like this before or the opposite of this on Iran in the past. They're on the record about how they think, you know, America should handle all of this. So yeah, I hope it works out. I'm not not very hopeful, you know, to look at all this this the ground is laid and everyone always points to the Soulamani things like, oh, nothing happened. It's like you can't take it as evidence that nothing happened in the future.
Speaker 2: Not even true, because they did attack and injure quite a number of our troups. But yes, but it didn't lead to it.
Speaker 1: It didn't lead to a massive break. Yeah, you're right, but that's not evidence that that this is going to be okay this time. A direct attack by the United States on Iranian soil would be a new era. It would be a new jump off point, and it would just take almost nothing for us to easily become in mash not only in a war with Iran in Godz and then by that standard, you know, we should be involved in in Gaza with Iran in Yemen. The way that this can snowball, as we also during the War on Terror, during the war in Iraq, is just so detrimental to any fundamental reading of American interests. So I'm very worried about this, I really am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it really seems like they're sad to give Israel everything that they wanted. I mean, the fantasy for Israel forever has been to draw us in to a direct conflict with Iran, and we're on the precipice of that. I mean, I think it's worth taking a minute. First of all, I want to go back to what Tucker was saying there. I think we can all note for the record. I'm not a fan of Tucker Carlson. What did he say there that was not correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, And it's I mean it's telling when people when they're only come back as like, oh, you're a paid propagandist for Qatar. It's like, why don't you actually respond to what he said?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 2: We have tons of thousands of troops stationed across the region. There would all I mean, this is outside of the notion, even of a broader conflagration would be immediately putting all of their lives at risk for what to further bib nat Yahoo's domestic political ambitions, to further the interests of Israel, Like what are we doing here? Go and ask the American public how they feel about war with Iran, about a more chaotic and inflamed Middle East? How do they feel about that? And the answer will be absolutely resounding. All of the support for dragging us into some new Middle East conflict is within thirty miles of where we sit right now. That's basically all of the support for it in this nation is right here. Because of all sorts of interest in you know, whether it's the military industrial complex, whether it's just absolutely ideological actors whether it is people who are you know, directly interested whatever the neat Yahoo government wants, that's what they get, et cetera. We know the level of power that these people have and have had in both parties, which is why, you know, now you get the Trump administration, and Trump's supposed to be this totally different character, and he's pursuing a policy that sure does rhyme with the policy of the Biden administration. You know, to go back to the Houthis here as well. You guys, remember Biden said, do I think that this policy of bombing the Houthis is going to work? No, but we're going to continue it anyways. Like that's what we're talking about here. This policy has already been a proven failure that is only going to lead to increased escalation. Like the best case scenario is that we just blow up a bunch of Humeni's and it doesn't lead to a massive war. But already, the whole reason that the Houthis started their campaign again because they had stopped during the ceasefire, was because Israel broke the ceasefire and especially specifically resumed the siege in the blockade of humanitarian aid and ultimately cut off the electricity, and of course now we're back on to full on genicidal assault with in Gaza. The whole thing is insane. You know. Just to back up a little bit on with regard to how we got here with Iran, the Obama administration negotiated the Iranian nuclear deal that was actually going well. Trump I think, just reflexively because Obama did it, gets out of it. I think Saga is correct that with regard to the Middle East, he's just more transaction. I don't think he is a particularly ideological actor here, which is why some people held on hope that perhaps he would approach things in a different way than the Biden administration. But so he gets out in his first administration, the Biden administration then fails to get back in. This was something we covered extensively at the time that the window to do it was right at the beginning of his sid administration, when you still had a you know, relatively moderate Iranian political leadership in charge. That was the moment to do it. The Iranians had continued to comply with that with that deal even after we had exited it. Biden never does it. It remains, you know, we remain out of that deal. Trump comes back in and make some noises about basically either we're going to bomb you or you're going to get back in the deal, and the leadership says, screw you, Like, we're not going to be bullied. We've put the Trump administration put even war sanctions on Iran, like that's been working in the past, Like that's achieved our goals either there or in Russia or Cuba or anywhere else around the world. We're going to put war sanctions on resumption and maximum pressure. And the Iranian leadership said, why should we trust you. We were in this deal before you all backed down. There's no reason for us to trust you whatsoever. You're trying to bully us with the sanctions Like no, and so now here we are very close to giving beebe his absolute fondest wish. Ken Klippenstein had a really good piece. Let's go and put this up on the screen. He noted a couple of escalations, some of which I hadn't even taken note of because they were not really brought up in the US press. His headline here is Trump is now at war with Iran. Let's call this what it is. I don't know if I would go quite that far yet, but the indications are certainly very troubling, he says in this piece, without the American press even noticing Donald Trump has started a war with Iran. On February twenty eighth, the US military announced two B fifty two heavy bombers flying from an undisclosed location in the Middle East, which I can report as the country of Qatar, dropped bombs on another undisclosed location, which was Iraq. The message was not lost on neighboring Iran, whose state media warned that the B fifty twos are nuclear capable bombers carrying a message whose recipient was clear as day, the Islamic Republic of Iran. He goes on. Then, on March ninth, a second bomber demonstration was made. USB fifty twos flew alongside Israeli fighter jets on long range missions, practicing aerial refueling and joint operations. Again, the American press missed the story, though not the Israeli press, which correctly reported the real purpose of the operation quote readying the Israeli military for a potential joint strike with the US on Iran. The military preparations culminated this weekend in a set of US airstrikes on Hufi leadership in Yemen, and Ken says he will be reporting today on more of the war plans with Iran. So the preparations have been made, the groundwork has been laid. The rhetorical groundwork with regard to you know, Trump and the way he's posturing has also been put out there. And you know, the whole thing is in danger of being ignited directly by our president deciding to go along with whatever it is the Israelis one.
Speaker 1: It's twenty twenty five, We invaded Iraq in three. It was twenty twenty two, twenty two years ago, So why are we using Do you know even want to know how much it cost to run a B fifty two per hour? You really don't. It would be enough for you know, there's always that meme. It's like people are about to find out why America doesn't have universal health care at time there on the bike, you have no clue of the amount of money that we have expended here just trying to do what to show Iran that we're tough.
Speaker 2: Weird, weird that dog doesn't seem interested in this spending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point, and look, this solution is staring us all in the face. Didn't even cost any money. Just tell the Israelis, hey, we're doing a ceasefire. Now you got your you know, you did it for two years. You basically leveled the place. That's you know, every time I see them, they're they're bombing, and I'm like, what is even left? What is left the bomb? I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Women and children on the photos and the videos that are going in, it's predominantly women in jo.
Speaker 1: What exactly is quote left to hit? And if it is at this point, isn't that an admission that your bombing campaign over a two year period has already you know, basically failed, because it means that you haven't been able to accomplish this through military force and or limited ground incursions. Oh oops, I'll allowed to ask that question. The point is is that this point, I mean, what it's March eighteenth, This has been when eighteen months or so bombing can probably more at this point bombing campaign by the Israelis and ground operations. When are we going to admit this is a total failure and why should we continue? But that's just how Washington works, how I don't even know how long it took for US to stop providing the Saudis with arms for their hoothy campaign. Maybe a year. I think five years. At that point in Washington is the easiest thing. You just keep the checks and all that flowing. The problem is is you are walking us closer and closer to the precipice. You drew your red line now, so if you don't follow, if you follow through on it, it's bad. If you don't follow through on it, you're gonna look like an idiot. And then the pressure here is unbelievable. Yesterday was the most excited I have seen neo cons in the entire Trump administration. First and second, So listen, I trust them. They know when they're getting what they want. They have been seething over wit Cough. They've attacked him, They've smeared him Bowler, they destroyed this man's career. They have smeared any person who has said that they want to avoid war with Iran. They have used all their media outlets, they've thrown everything they possibly can, and I think they've won for now. So people, you know, if you're somebody who disagrees with that, you also need to engage here on a baseline political level. It's not just even about protests or any of this. These small fights that we've been trying to raise attention to, they matter a lot because they've got an entire media apparatus ready to go this. You know, the smear campaigns that have been against these Go spend some time on Twitter. Go look at some of these accounts. They're disgusting the way that they just spread literal lives. They don't care about the truth. All they care about is getting their way. And so we're in a dangerous place and there's no media apparatus to try and serve as a check. It's great to see, you know, Tucker, Dave Smith and all these other guys that are out there. We're a tiny fraction, you know, of anybody with any real power. But the good news usually is that the actual voters are not with a lot of these neo cons and if they do, if they go down this road, it's the easiest way to ruin your presidency. The George W. Bush administration was destroyed by the war in Iraq and by privatization. Sound familiar, so like sometimes history just needs to rhyme enough for you to It needs to just rhyme just enough for you to maybe recall some lessons and not go down that path. I would hope, I would hope. I know at least some people in the White House would know that.
Speaker 2: I do think that there is I think it may be the case that Trump misreads what the politics would be. I think he assumes there would be a sort of like rally round the flag effect that would benefit him politically. Unfortunately they are, honestly, and I mean with his base, yeah, with the Republican Party, yes, there would be. With the rest of the country, no, there would not be. But I mean, you know, this is someone who is engaged in consolidating all the power that he can, and war is a great way to consolidate even more power, claim even more extraordinary powers that and I do think that he just, you know, has this assumption that countries at war people rally around the flag and I'll get a big bump, and you know, and we do see the way the media backs up anytime there's bombing. Suddenly CNN and MSNBC and Fox News are all like singing the same tune. So he's not even one hundred percent wrong about the way that the media backs him up. But ultimately, I think Sager is one hundred percent correct that after possibly an initial like oh look at us, we're so strong, etc. When the reality of yet another Middle East quagmire disastrous war sets in, which would set in very quickly, then the political implications of that are going to be very different. Now, again, I think this president is an authoritarian, and I think that he wants to consolidate power in a way where that political descent, where he's basically sort of immune from that political descent and you know, where it doesn't really matter to him and what he wants to do, And maybe he'll be right about that as well. But you know, I think Saga is absolutely correct that the public overall, not the Republican base, but the public overall will viscerally reject being dragged into another war. And because also, I mean, this is for this is for Israel, like they're the ones who want this. It's not like we had after nine to eleven, like we were attacked and people did rally around the flag and there was a sentiment and that sentiment was directed in all of the wrong places. But we haven't had like October seventh wasn't here, So we haven't had that same you know, assault directly on us. So the political landscape is wildly different than it was during that time, during the Georgia especially illustration.
Speaker 1: You know. And I just got to show people like what this is like. So my friend Trey Yings, he's the Fox News correspondent. Can we agree he's not very pre you know, like the most pro Hamas same, But can we can we agree on that?
Speaker 2: I certainly, I can certainly agree on it. Yes, okay, I mean I would say he dared to stand up for palace to the journalist, let me read.
Speaker 1: You what he said this morning. He said, horrific images circulating inside Gaza the aftermath of Israeli strikes. One shows a small baby wearing a jumpsuit with rainbows who was killed. The death toll continues to rise. That's what he said. That's a statement of fact. You know what, you know what? And these are all professional right wing influencers, thought leaders, et cetera. Who's circulating the images, Trey? What are the sourcing on these images? Why was the baby there? A Trey? Do you have any images of the hostages? When will Hamas stop using human shields? Hamas is the one that's responsible for this. This is what the aftermath of taking hostages look like, every single one of those And look, I know Twitter is not real life, but the reason I'm reading from them is I know every single one of those people and how influential they are in the discourse. Yeah, that is who is winning right now.
Speaker 2: Well, the Trump and they takes Twitter very seriously too, And.
Speaker 1: They should take Twitter seriously right because that's like the right wing ecosystem of where all their voters are, or at least a significant portion of their thought leadership, et cetera. Is all he said, horrific images circulating inside go. It's not even a statement, it's a statement of fact. It's not even an opinion that at noticing fact noting that for people inconvenient they demand absolute fealty. Only people like me and a few others genuinely have no financial connection and have the ability to speak. Can everybody else? They're done? Even if you disagree, you have no idea. The messages and all these other things that I get from people who are either inside the administration or inside the blob or whatever. They know. They know this is bullshit. They can't say anything. So that's the reality of the situation that we're living in. It's like two thousand and three all over again. Yeah, you know, and there's a few folks out there, but that's you know, the lone voice is just like back in the day, I thought it would be better, I really did. But you know, in some cases, even the same people like Glenn, it's like it's just the lone stallwart standing there a thwart a lot of this bullshit. Everybody else they're just going along for the run. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and the climate, that climate has been encouraged and fostered by first by the Biden administration, which also characterized anyone who is pro Palestine as basically like you know, fringe pro hamas, terror supporting, et cetera. And then that has been codified and weaponized even more aggressively by the Trump administration, which of course we've been tracking here, not just with the arrest of Mackmood Khalil, but investigating the Colombia protesters for terrorism, sending letters to sixty universities saying that if you don't take these dramatic steps to combat quote unquote anti Semitism, we're going to strip all your funding. Stripping all of the funding from Colombia and claiming that they didn't do enough to combat anti Semitism. They have created and foster climate where any descent from the status quo visa vi Israel equals your Prohamas equals your pro terrorism and so then yeah, this is the domestic climate and the foreign policy go hand and glove. You cannot separate those two things. So if they wanted to take a different course, if they wanted to let the Adam Bowlers of the world be able to say, hey, we got our own interests here, We're not an agent of Israel. And by the way, I understand why they didn't want us to go to Gaza. I understand why they didn't want us to talk to himas we might find out, actually you can negotiate with them. Actually you know, they you know, are human beings, not to say they're He didn't say they're good guys. He said they might. You might discover that they're actual human beings that you can work with, et cetera. If you wanted to go in that direction, you have to also have a different domestic political climate and conversation, and that has been also in recent weeks completely taken off the table and like I said before, I mean the Biden administration also fostered that same sort of sentiment. It's just been codified, weaponized, aggressively enforced power, consolidated, dissent, crushed, First Amendment rights crushed under this administration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the crazy part is actually pretty bipartisan. I mean, we're going to talk about Schumer that in soon. That's the leader of the Democratic Party in the United States Senate. De facto agreement. There's some quibbles, you know on mak muk Actually has Schumer said anything about Khalil?
Speaker 2: I think I think Schumer put out one of these long twenty paragraph statements, preamble about what a scumbag he is, one ambiguous line at the end that's like, but maybe the First Amendment. I think he's in that camp. But that was certainly, whether it was him or other, that was a lot of the vibe coming from Democratic.
Speaker 1: Leadership host to bipartisanship. That's what it actually looks like in Washington.