Speaker 1: Doge Town in the X Boys, Miles, is that something?
Speaker 2: Yes? Fuck, didn't you say X Wait didn't you say X Town.
Speaker 1: And boys to like kind of put some stink on it, but like in that it sucks and that it's bad.
Speaker 2: And nobody know what I'm talking about, and that it like stinks real stinky Z Town and the dog Boys.
Speaker 1: So so what I was thinking is boys, Dog Boys, dog Town and the Z Boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell, tell, tell Mike Mitchell and them. They should have you guys, sawd a doge Town, doge boys, doge boys. That's I mean, that's fun. We dose boys. Tell Mike Mitchell and them. I know you were. I knew you was cheating on me when you're on the locale menu from kings Walk, oh man.
Speaker 1: And from that six session No, not from that severance severance, Oh yeah, from that has grown severance. Are you a severance boy?
Speaker 2: Me? Are you a friend now?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. Sadly, Katie, you're probably reading not much of a TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm reading dos dosk doskis Anna Karina.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm doc doc Doyevski.
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, doc do A good name for.
Speaker 3: A hacker, Leon do doc do l three zero and Dox Doevsky.
Speaker 2: Dos Boy dos Boy.
Speaker 1: Something Miles, What about Boys.
Speaker 3: Big Dick docs Doyebsky.
Speaker 1: Big Dick dos Boyevsky.
Speaker 3: Docs Boy, Big Dick dos Boyesky.
Speaker 4: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, seventy four, Episode three of.
Speaker 1: Der Nilly's Geist. It's a production of My Heart Radio. It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into American share consciousness.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday, February.
Speaker 1: Fifth, twenty twenty five, two five to five. I mean, damn yo, big day.
Speaker 2: What days? Wait, look, this is a big few days. So Monday the guyst Child's birthday today, your majesty and I is fucking wedding anniversary. I love you, babe, I've been through it all. Now at this point, we've been through it all. Gotta say, got the We're by each other side and we're stronger than ever.
Speaker 1: I love Maybe this sounds like the beginning of a yacht rock song, you know, through it all, through it.
Speaker 2: All, through the fire is burning round.
Speaker 1: That would be the.
Speaker 2: Best I gotta use Michael McDonald's the.
Speaker 1: Best genre to memorialize the fire that destroyed your life.
Speaker 2: Again Michael McDonald's nothing Burning Hold in all that's great except for that one file. This ship could melt steal beans.
Speaker 1: Well, we're getting.
Speaker 2: Got to.
Speaker 1: The Westboro Baptist Church.
Speaker 2: Nine to eleven. Anyways, we'll make away that great fifth. Also it is, but again I should say yes it is. It is winning adversary. And it's also National Girl and Women in Sports Day, National Shower with a Friend Day, Hell yeah, and National weather Person's Day. Love shout out?
Speaker 3: When is National the weather Person's Day?
Speaker 2: That's actually the eighteenth, four days after Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: A number of rain metaphors and puns that would be happening as you showered with a weather person calls for shower you know, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We're having a hard moving in down south.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn Dallas rains. Why are you in my shower? You didn't check your calendar? Yeah, we got a shared calendar on the phone. Didn't you look at it? All? Right? Maybe we're not a couple.
Speaker 1: Uh, my name is Jack O'Brien aka. Every decade there is some trade that makes me want to cry. I asked myself why oh uh Kareem Castle and Shaq Chris Paul, Oh, how they had tried? And now Luca is a Laker. How was Luca a Laker? How is Luca a Laker?
Speaker 2: How in the world did that make Luca.
Speaker 1: A Lakerde Davis with coupons? Now they got them a lion who's not even twenty eight?
Speaker 2: How is Luca laker?
Speaker 1: How is Luca a Laker? Lebron the Gem's a wonder.
Speaker 5: That one's courtesy of halcyon salad on the discord went a little long, but I'm not editing any of that shit because I know that song, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta belt out that. Why Clef, Why Clef. I'm thrilled to be joined once again by my co host, mister Miles Gray. Yes, it's Miles Gray. Straight from the Ashes. I come back to the microphone to bless y'all with my half baked takes. I'm still getting back into the swing of things. It's the Lord of lakershim, It's the Viceroy of Venturl Boulevard, the Marquis Day Moore Park. Thank you so much for having me, Jack. Yeah, I know you're.
Speaker 1: The Phoenix of right, isn't that the Phoenix of Phoenix of Fulton, full Phoenix of Fulton.
Speaker 2: There we go by my high school. Yeah, there he is I'm back, and I was yo, I made this joke with her, majesty, We're like we should probably get tattoos after being through this ship, and she was like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and I see it. I don't know why. I sincerely was like like maybe like a phoenix or something, and she was like, I'm gonna leave you, and I was like, I never mind, never mind, I'm a I'm a I'm a workshop that I'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back, like I don't know, like a phoenix.
Speaker 2: And then I earnestly was like Ben Affleck has one. Yeah he does that. Yeah, he has a full back tat of a phoenix.
Speaker 3: And is it near the is it near the crack or.
Speaker 2: It basically goes from shoulders starley to the top of the crack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I respect that. I respect that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Mike Alstadt because it's a full back timely nineties buccaneer reference. I know.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people, probably like me, assumed that you were about to do like a Machiavelli aka when they heard the church bells, But that is those are authentic church bells, I believe, coming all the way from Italia. That yeah, yeah, damn well, who's that? Well, who's that? Then? Thrilled to be joined in our third We're drawing by the pulp, one of the funniest comedy writers doing it anywhere. You know her words from the account birds rights activist on Twitter. Some more news with Cody Johnston from a Creature Future secretly incredibly fascinating. Please welcome, coming all the way from Italy. Uh right next to Papa. It is the brilliant, the talented Katie Golden.
Speaker 3: Bless blessing. I don't know how how do the handsome blessing? I bless I bless you, bless you, I bless all of you?
Speaker 1: Really not know the sign of the Cross?
Speaker 3: It goes like.
Speaker 2: That, do you know the signs?
Speaker 1: Do you really not know it? No? I'm teaching it because you know, we have to go to church with my parents sometimes, so I'm like, left, it's.
Speaker 3: The coolest, Right, it's the stussy, it's the stuffy. Yeah, of course, Jesus Christ sneezus.
Speaker 2: How are you doing, Katie?
Speaker 3: Not too bad? Yeah, because I'm in Italy. That must not be not in the not in the US right now.
Speaker 1: You know, they're a big deal about it over there, but it's actually.
Speaker 3: It's weird to me that we literally have a neo fascist as our Prime minister Maloney who's like part of a rebranded neo fascist party. And I'm less worried about that than the US, is it.
Speaker 1: Because y'all have been there before and you're just like, this literally does yeah, and we know how it ends for fashion.
Speaker 2: We do fashion fashion America.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's correct. I think people in other countries should be should be scared of this particular brand of fashion.
Speaker 3: What are we gonna do, like take away your pasta? I don't know what Italy could possibly DOASTA.
Speaker 2: Think, yeah, probably brutalized migrants and things like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's it. That is what they do.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, they smiles for bringing the mood down.
Speaker 1: For all our funny fascism joke.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna talk about how chicken Alfredo is not real and you gotta talk about migrants being persecuted.
Speaker 2: Sorry, the flames have changed to me. They have changed me.
Speaker 1: They've burned everything in essential way.
Speaker 3: Oh you should. You should get a tattoo of of Khalisi.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say the terminator skeleton or full backtap yo CALIASI.
Speaker 1: Terminate wait, you get terminator her Meedge gets Khalisi or vice versa, and then like they're like they're reaching out touching fingers. So when you stand next to each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's sort of like the like God and Adam.
Speaker 1: There's a flame there between the fingers.
Speaker 2: Or I was thinking of like a T one thousand holding a dragon egg walking out of the fight.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, you know what I mean? Yeah, things that walk out of firest.
Speaker 2: Know gang my d ms are open for emerging from the flames tattoo ideas. So far we have Phoenix and some kind of Kalisi terminator mashup.
Speaker 1: I think there was a Nicholas Cage character, ghost Rider.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 3: But he was the fire.
Speaker 1: He was the fire, was the fire readings wrong all the time. He was the fire.
Speaker 3: He was the skeleton that is on fire.
Speaker 2: Johnny Blair.
Speaker 3: I didn't think he burned first Blaze.
Speaker 2: I thought he I thought wasn't even a terrible act of motors. I think he was a motorcycle that made him. That made him Johnny Blaze, because he's like a stuntman. Gone, is that right?
Speaker 3: I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only Johnny Blaze I honestly acknowledged, and I think Jack's on the same page with me. Here is the one and only method man. So that's right. Maybe I'll just do a method man that's Italian Stallion, right or.
Speaker 1: Like Jeff Bridges character from Backdraft, No, that's not the right blown Away, Yeah, blown Away.
Speaker 2: Tommy Jones or he was like like was his back backstory, Like he was like this Irish dude who kind of was like, that's why Tommy Lee Jones was coming after him.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man Jones Anti tables.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, my bad. He's asking you about blown Away every time you come to check on him. Katie.
Speaker 1: We're thrilled to have you. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better. First, we're gonna tell listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We are gonna check in with them Doge Boys for them ex boys from Doge Town. We're still workshopping the title dox Boyevski and his homies, who are Elon Musk's like team of children who he has like turned over control of the government to sort of Well, we'll talk about like what all this means. Everybody's like Elon Musk was like paid a bunch of money to win an American election that was like stacked in their favor. He must be right about everything. Let's turn the entire government over to him. So we'll talk about what that's looking like. And we're going to talk about a new breakthrough from ce S that we we had to wait for Miles to come back to talk about.
Speaker 2: I know I did text you amidst the recovery. I said, don't fucking talk about this until I'm back. I want to talk about it weeks ago. You text that. Yeah, I know, And then how are you doing I'm like, dude, if you talk about this, I'm gonna be pissed. How am I doing it? Fine? For now?
Speaker 1: Don't try and distract me, don't change the subject.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's my kid crying in the background, don't distract.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about a breakthrough and robot robotic girlfriendom robot robotic companions, and we might the grammy's happened over the weekend. Someone wore a house on their head.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You might talk about that, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm just cam Mainly, I'm curious if you guys think I can pull it off and we might talk about the Super Bowl all of that.
Speaker 2: If only I could have worned my house on my head, I could have trotted on out.
Speaker 3: Like a human turtle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's your privilege, Jaden Smith.
Speaker 2: That's your privilege, Jaden Smith. God, all right, Katie.
Speaker 1: Before we get to any of that, we do like to ask our guests. You may you may know this about us, but we do like to ask our guests sometimes with something from their search history that's revealing about who they are. And first of all, I guess we got to ask what what do you use them for? A search engine over there? Is it like ill google google it?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: What Miles just quit.
Speaker 2: Google? Well, my smiles, is that something is anything?
Speaker 3: Anything? M hmm, it is how to pronounce mac fife gang shicked?
Speaker 1: Well it sounds like you answer me.
Speaker 3: Faith in is shicked because it apparently means in German one who is slappable, which I think is a useful word to.
Speaker 2: Know it's faith and the German. Yeah, I can see that word.
Speaker 1: It's actually spelled how it sounds, Miles. So just big five and Big five and ship Maybe jos and Villanova used to be in the Big Five.
Speaker 3: And ship there it is also I have a a wonderful sound clip of someone actually saying that that I can.
Speaker 1: There and there was the sound club.
Speaker 3: Sorry, but yeah, I was just I was talking to some Italians and we all agreed that German is the most ridiculous language.
Speaker 2: So it is.
Speaker 3: But I do love how it's you can stack concepts almost infinitely into one word. One one is like this one is like one who is deserving of a firm slap.
Speaker 2: So let's hear it from a robot or argument the way this this first syllable comes at you hard.
Speaker 6: Fife and fife and back five fanga zick is how you're breaking it down for us.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm so sorry to our German listener, but we love, we love pretend German over here.
Speaker 1: That sounds I know, like I've been told that Dr Daily is like it's not correct. Not how that that word, yeah there is incorrect. I think that was a note that we got literally episode yeah, and I was like, and I tried to change it, and I was like that that's just how the word wants to be said by me. Unfortunately, that's just the way I'm gonna make it do what it do. To quote rach Arl you know, I love.
Speaker 2: Honors from from the workaholics.
Speaker 3: Is just gonna have to get over it, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they will.
Speaker 1: The pronunciation that we just listened to sounded a lot like me pronouncing a thing, because they like start really strong and then lose all confidence and like swallow the end of the world.
Speaker 7: I was in.
Speaker 3: And it's it's I don't know any Danish, but the key is exactly that. I went to a pastry shop and there's like all these words that they're too long, they're very complicated. But I was like, if I just start out strong and then trail off like I would, like an average and they totally bought it. They were talking in Danish and I was like yeah she yeah, yeah, yeah around.
Speaker 2: They're like they're like, bro, she just did the I'll take three whiskeys things. Yeah yeah is it that that's what That's what he was supposed to do.
Speaker 3: Ah yeah, yeah, I did the I did the Tarantina things.
Speaker 2: That's great, great pastries.
Speaker 3: It was very good pastries. And yeah, it's definitely you just like because like what looks like Abel Skimer if you just go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you sound like a local because you were saying Copenhagen like cobana.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, apparently Tivoli gardens is pronounced.
Speaker 2: You just mumbling you sound like local.
Speaker 3: I think there's a joke that like the Danes sound like they're trying to talk with a mouthful of potatoes, and.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a joke that was written in the eighteen.
Speaker 3: By the Sweet.
Speaker 2: Say yeah, it's a Swedish joke, like.
Speaker 3: They have potatoes in mouth.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is how Sweedish people sound. I always love hearing the insults that people in neighboring countries have for each other. They are like so specific. Yeah, Like I remember being in Africa and people were like, Ghanaians work too hard, you know what? Okay? Interesting? Yeah yeah yeah, and is like oh Nigerians, don't get me starred on that. I'm like, I just I'm here for some.
Speaker 1: Katie.
Speaker 2: What's that? Do you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Underrated?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh?
Speaker 3: Do you want to do overrated first or underrated?
Speaker 1: You can do anything? But I said what I said, I did ask you for under lady.
Speaker 3: Katie, not even I'm not even the fart. One thing that I think is overrated is avocados.
Speaker 2: Just fucking just whose show is this. That's certainly not this energy. I'm sorry. What is over eight is what avocados. Don't like them?
Speaker 3: Avocados, I don't like them, don't really like uh, I don't really like wualk. I don't only like guoqualk. I can eat it. I'll eat it. Someone makes me guak, I'll have to eat it because it's it's like eating kind of money.
Speaker 2: Oh, because it's just like cocaine.
Speaker 1: It's become cocaine.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, I mean the cocaine of foods. Yes, I mean, well, the tariffs. That's like one thing that they keep putting in all the news articles about like what could tariffs make more expensive? And they're like the avocados man some coado, Yeah it's over. This might be the might be your last weekend to have guak at your Super Bowl party.
Speaker 1: I think avocados and guacamole have have a marketing problem because there is so much bad guacamole out there that is masquerading as guacamole, and like it's just it shouldn't it should Like there's a version of it that is just like flavorless mayonnaise that gets packaged and sold as guacamole. Whereas like The Fresh, The Fresh, I'm a big fan of. Are you Katie a person who thinks cilantro tastes like soap?
Speaker 3: A little bit? Yeah, not too bad, but a little bit.
Speaker 2: Did I diagnose it?
Speaker 1: Miles? Did I? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Jack, you got get that a direct kid, direct kid, You just sunk her battleship.
Speaker 3: Weirdly, I think soap tastes like cilantro uht slices on there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's what I thought you were eating earlier with a knife. I was like, what do you just what do you scrape it off? Little peels off of You're like Katie has a cheeseboard. It looks like the Irish Iris Ring Ring.
Speaker 1: Well, our mind is obviously going to go there because it's the only soap where people have like cut it with a knife. Yeah, like it was pizza cheese, like Katie's been hiccup and bubbles the whole time. Okay, smart guy? What is what is underrated?
Speaker 3: H I shared a link with you, you know, hughl Houser off.
Speaker 2: We go, Yah, I love him?
Speaker 3: Who has.
Speaker 2: The avocado eating dog? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Avocado because I want I was with an avocado theme because I kind of wanted to be fair to the noble avocado, even though I personally think it's overrated, as is guacamole. I understand that would upset a lot of people, so I did want to share. Uh hughl Houser losing his mind over a dog eating avocados?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow?
Speaker 2: Have you seen the one where he goes to the Ladybug Farm? I don't think such another banger, heughl Houser. So I like know about this from I think it's like a Doug Loves Movies back in the day day, like one of the very early podcasts, which I think is still still out there. But would have I forget who the comedian, maybe it was Gareth Reynolds, but you would have somebody on who did a hughle Hauser And oh yeah yeah. I was like who is hule Hauser and went down the Google rabbit hole. He is just the most endlessly entertainable human, like just so enthusiastic and just like wow, that's amazing. He's absolutely just uh he's just he's like the West Coast Harry Carrey, like just like.
Speaker 8: Hey, yes, he's the real world version of Will Ferrell's Harry carry Yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly avocado. Yeah, that that dog eats avocado. All our dogs eat avocados. If you're an avocado farmer, your dog likes him too. I've never seen a dog eat alvocados. You don't get that clean and your kids. That dog ate every smack of that alvocado. You had a healthy dog. I got a very healthy dog. That is just such an innocent pivot. Now do you have no he has actually terrible bowels.
Speaker 3: I would like to say that if you give your dog avocado, make sure it's not eating the pet, because that apparently is a is a peril. But in the clip and the extended clip, they do.
Speaker 1: Little wooden ball in the middle.
Speaker 3: The little wooden ball, the dogs don't eat. They have the smart dogs, so they don't eat the pet.
Speaker 1: My dog would eat the ship. My dog would go all the way in. Yeah, after just the wooden ball, you.
Speaker 3: Know, ignore They would ignore the meat.
Speaker 1: It would just ignore the nutritious green stuff around it. Just find the ball, swallow five of those, and then it would like.
Speaker 3: Drop the pit off of a balcony and Looney Tune style run down to be under it. When it hit her on the head, it would.
Speaker 1: Look like an entire rack of billiard balls and it's belly when it got an X right, Like, what the.
Speaker 3: Fuck's folding with?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Pits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 2: And we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back, and it's been.
Speaker 1: It's been. Yeah, I gotta do it sometimes sometimes things are so bleak that I have to take it back to it's been and my wife should I just do this recap from the Verge just because I I don't know what all of this means, but it's all bad, just because, like so we know Elon Musk has been given a lot of power that he's like hacking into various parts, not.
Speaker 2: Even hacking, just like take pulling up be like, give me the fucking password, the AD, I'm the admin access server n yeah, yeah, yeah, doing his own shit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he pushed out the head of that FAA before all the plane crush stuff. Then the reports came fast and thick. This is from the Verge. Federal employees received a fork in the Road email, highly reminiscent of Musk's Twitter ultimatum encouraging them to resign, sent from an insecure server just like a Gmail. A bunch of goons, some of them actual teenagers reportedly got access to the US Treasury systems read only reportedly for now longtime civil servants were locked out of their personal systems. That, by the way, how's the personal data for government employees. Musk's lackeys are in control of the Office of Personnel Management and the General Services Administration. They've gotten a hold of classified information and are now shutting down the US Agency for International Development us AID. Musk said he quote spent the weekend feeding us AID into the wood chipper, and has also gragged that he like deleted an entire agency at one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's.
Speaker 1: It's it sounds exactly like early days of Twitter, if Twitter was everything that makes the US government like that basically the the US government.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just also, I have some friends who work as federal employees. I'm not going to say where what their names are, obviously, but like they said that they have been receiving these emails and they're full of like typos and weird mistakes. It just like looks like someone fired it off on the toilet and sent it off while like having the ketamine shits, which is probably what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like it said a bunch of stuff about Twitter, HQ. I think they just copy and pasted this.
Speaker 1: Right, it feels like that. And I just because he was, like, you know, spent a bunch of money to back the side that won the election, an election where like the Democrats fought intentionally with both hands tie behind their back for some reason, I mean, for a number of reasons.
Speaker 2: They're called neoliberal handcuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, yeah, they were neoliberally handcuffed. And so an easy election to win, he's being given credit for winning it and all his past mistakes the way that America likes to do. He's just being recast into this guy who's right about everything and everybody's forgetting that Twitter was broken when he's like, he took it over, broke it, and it's not really not broken yet he's done a terrible job like that. Yeah, so he's doing the same thing he did when he broke a thing, and there's no real evidence of a plan.
Speaker 2: And yeah, just to make the government more efficient, man, that's just what they'll keep saying over and over. And I mean he has like team of people like the youngest nineteen and around the oldest twenty five to twenty six of true like real by the book definition of like true believer type kids who have a bit of computer savvy and know how it systems work and are going in and nosing around. And now these fucking kids, after infiltrating all these like agency offices, now like again have access to these sensitive databases and you know, like the payment system for the Treasury Department where you know they pay people out for things like Medicare, federal salaries, sociality, purity brands, you know, really vital shit. Yeah, and they're basically like you said, there's just like many people are pointing out, like the Silicon Valley thing of just like move fast and.
Speaker 1: Break shit man, move fast and kill old people, move fast and starve the elderly to death.
Speaker 2: Right exactly.
Speaker 3: There's like a New York Times article by Michelle Goldberg who compared it to the like after the Iraq invasion, like the the sort of the bathification of the government where they fired a ton of Iraqi employees and replace them with like kids from the US. Right, yeah, yeah, who didn't know what they were doing.
Speaker 1: He's a precedent. Good, Yeah, Okay that I feel like, how did that went well? I think yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean there was a few, like problems like after the invasion with people dying and things being broken.
Speaker 2: But you know, oh I didn't read that one.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I stopped paying attention when Bush landed on the aircraft carrier. But I'm pretty sure he.
Speaker 3: Has such a big cod piece there. It's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: It is a beautiful piece. Shout out to big Dick. Do to ye big big big dog sack, which is my bad bad I always get his name wrong.
Speaker 1: I confuse him with my other favorite guy doge toy dog toy thing.
Speaker 2: So a lot of these people have.
Speaker 1: Been Does you want to get back to talking about what actually happened instead of lost a big Dick does toya.
Speaker 2: As much as I want to get lost in Big Dick dos boye?
Speaker 3: What my name is big Dick?
Speaker 2: Right? So that's why is that real?
Speaker 3: I'm explaining? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Like he had a screen name called big Dick. I don't know which one of these little broccoli heads it is, but yeah, there's.
Speaker 2: There's so many. So there's like a twenty one year old name my Cash Boba twenty one years old, a student at Berkeley Edward Chorustine nineteen years old, a student at Northeastern University in Boston. He's also his dad owned some like popcorn company too. Oh yeah, yeah yeah. Right. Then there's Ethan Shautran, twenty two, who said in September September he was a senior at Harvard. The ones that have degrees are Luke Farreder, who's twenty three, who went to the University of Nebraska.
Speaker 1: He looks He's the one who you zoom in when you look at the group of pictures of them, He's the one you're zooming in on because he looks straight up evil child syndrome. Yeah yeah, yes, yeah, yea, yeah, yeah exactly. So these all of again, they have captured these systems, and some were reporting that they only had read only access. It sounds like that is not the case anymore. As as oh, I've read today other reports. Because this ship is moving very very quickly. But the added attention from this group of kids becoming so influential has led them to try and scrub their digital footprints.
Speaker 2: But you know, the Internet always remembers. Yes, it turns out at least one of them loves to retweet and like Nazi shit on Twitter. Oh okay, Christ.
Speaker 3: No, you mean the heart goes out to you stuff like, I think that might just be my heart goes out to you.
Speaker 1: He's just a fan of my of hearts going out to Yeah.
Speaker 3: The fourteen words being my heart goes out to you, and then other stuff that adds a right.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly, and then again their actions just totally illegal. And this is truly just such a bizarre fucking coup happening. And these kids are sitting at the levers of shit. Like the Bureau of the of the Fiscal Service, they distribute more than five trillion dollars in government payments.
Speaker 3: It's the government's wallet. Like, it's all the money that the government uses to pay for stuff, and that has to be approved by Congress. It's like part of the checks and balances. The executive is not really supposed to control the coin purse in the sense of like actually dispersing the funds, because then what could happen is Congress could be like, hey, maybe pay these fire victims or hurricane victims some money from FEMA, and then if the doge boys could just be like, don't feel like it, there is no FEMA, be gone right exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very rare, Are you very very fucked up? And like you're saying, like the business of funding government programs and the funding of the god that's Congress. So we've got a constitutional crisis ahead of us. And while there are lawsuits happening to try and stop this, and there are few unions who have sued to stop you know, Doge's access to the treasury. You know, we'll see you if that's prime any kind of capitulation.
Speaker 3: That's the like, lawsuits move slowly. You have to prove harm, right, so like by the time you can actually like do a lawsuit, you have to prove that you have suffered some harm, which means they've already done the harm. And then at that point, like if they delete all this, like how do you how do you fix that?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Like, once they've done enough damage at a certain point, it's going to be extremely difficult to undo the damage.
Speaker 1: We're all in that like first twenty four hours of you know a movie where they're like they're missing and they're like, well, they need to have been missing for thirty six hours before we can do anything about it. You're gonna have to take matters into your own hands. Have they died well, that's what I don't want to time. Well, I if they need fingers, and it's kind of like that.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like that, except like right in front of the police they see like the killer slashing at them. It's like, hasn't been thirty six hours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, couple were we have? I've set a timer on my phone. So yeah, are they doing like a TikTok video or something where they're pretending it's a kidnap? I don't know anyway, Sure you're still out on that one.
Speaker 2: The way is to buy TikTok, but that's no big deal. Oh yeah, because he said we should just have a sovereign wealth fund. Shout Outsaudi Arabia forgiving that idea. But yeah, this this is also very interesting. There's also a really interesting I guess metaphor here from one of the stupidest senators in history, John Kennedy from Louisiana. He's talking about because obviously USAID going down is like a huge thing, and you know, even like the most backwards conservatives new it's like, know, when you're trying to have like preserve your global hegemony, maybe you toss out little crumbs to developing nations. So like you kind of stay on their good side.
Speaker 3: But even that USA soft power globally.
Speaker 2: Completely gone, like even stuff that like helps people stay alive. But this is how John Kennedy was like, I don't know what everyone's crying about.
Speaker 7: First sean that it's it's kind of cool having a president of the game.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 7: Trying to put all this in context for you, I'm like, I mean, I really like Homewich. I could eat an holmelet it every meal. I'm likem was better than sex, not really, but you get the point.
Speaker 2: He must fucking suck at sex. Not really, not really. I'm good at sex.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's good. Actually I love sex. I do sex all the time. I have like three sexes this morning. So you know how that goes.
Speaker 1: Is he just making the gotta break a few omelets to got to break a few eggs to make an omelet thing, but like he needs to do this big wind up to like try and make it feel relatable.
Speaker 2: He's just he's also doing this thing where it feels like such conservative old guy feeling like feeling themselves. It's like, hey, we're in control again, all right.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: Let me now that I got the microphone let's just say that the dumbest shit that doesn't track because I got I'm hopped up on this pseudo confidence.
Speaker 3: It's wild for him to call the federal agencies workers tofu eating wocaraate, given that like an unelected like billionaire with a group of unelected doge boys like are now in charge of all of the government's money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, right, exactly.
Speaker 1: But the illuminati are people who are lifetime public servants who get paid shittily to do yeah, the work that they could get paid much better for in the private world. But of course that work is ultimately just killing people.
Speaker 2: So not not really. But even you can't make him on what without.
Speaker 7: Breaking some eggs. Trump Off saying I'm going to review every single penny in the federal budget. Now, how are you going to review the spending in the federal budget without reviewing the spending? And that's what mister Musk is doing.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, so very very twisty by destroying the ability to spend money, he's reviewing the spending. First of all, what I just crazy wind up to get to the metaphor that everybody has heard before, and you don't need to turn into an image of this old fucker having sex, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, covered an egg.
Speaker 2: Broken egg, covered in broken Yeah, salmonella sex is what he's having and we're we're not having it. But yeah, this is that that's sort of the energy right now, because he later goes on to be like and for those people who like are really upset about it, he's just basically like, why don't you call somebody who cares and get used to it? Because the US AID today and the Department of Education tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I've been actually noticing this. There's been this like overt like saying go cry about it that a bunch of conservatives are talking about right now, like like basically saying empathy is stupid and lame, and I've it's it's it was like after there's some pastor who after that bishop did that, you know, like, please have mercy on people who are scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the people.
Speaker 3: Yeah this this like conservative pastor was like, don't commit the sin of empathy. And there's of course been that you know that there's that meme where it's like there was some study that showed that like when you're more to the left, you are more you care about people who are further from you, So like not only your family and your country, but people from other countries. And then if you're more conservative, you don't really care as much, like about people further from sort of your center. Orbit and conservatives have been like commentators have been posting that like kind of proudly like yeah, like this makes sense, Like we should be doing this because you know, essentially it's a good thing to be selfish and to not care about people who are not directly related to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's never before it's concerning, not at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, concerning period.
Speaker 1: It does feel like all that shit is happening the same way that neoliberalism has looted everything in the past and end like all of these billionaires have operated, which is it's all like hidden in complexity, Like it's all hidden like three layers deep in a thing that most people can't really make sense of, and there's just so much bureaucratic tape and like bullshit, and so it's just I think people's brains turn off a little bit, and so that's that's how it's working. I feel like I don't feel like there's going to be it's I don't feel like it's as easy for people to get their mind around what is happening, and like these like big abstract numbers of like trillions of dollars of aid that's going you know, like we're somehow we're going to have to get it through to people that this means that elderly people in your community are not able to get the meals that they need.
Speaker 3: And right like, there's like a program in West Virginia that more like basically they're not getting their money for a program that drives old poor people to go get dialysis and they had to lay off like five out of seven workers or something. So people are just gonna die, But it's not going to be news. There are going to be people who die because they don't get access to their health care or they go on too many times without getting their Medicaid or their Social Security, but it's not going to show up as news because like, how do you know, like if meals on wheels miss is not able to get to someone's house, right there could be an old person there who dies by like falling breaking their hip and normally someone would come and give them food notice and bring them to the hospital and then that's just not going to happen. But that's never going to be attributed to the Doge boys, because that's just like, oh, just an old lady died, who cares, like or like even if you care in general, it's like it's so abstracted from what's happening. Aren't going to make that connection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like people have sort of had this like understanding of civics that it's like reminds you of me being a kid and not understanding where the power came from out of the wall. And I'm like, the power comes out of the wall, and that's how everything turns on. And then and then it's like, but where does that power come from? And I'm like, wait, it's not just coming out of the wall, it's that Yeah, it comes out a little outlet. And I think that's the thing that's like the really severe lesson that a lot of people are going to learn in a really violent, fucked up way. Yeah, but you.
Speaker 1: Got to figure out a way to get them to learn it without making it feel like homework. Because Uh, I think Elon Musk's like genius, Like one of the only geniuses that he has is like this Verge article starts out saying he has an uncanny ability to sort out which of America's rules are real, Like punishment from the National Labor Relations Board, punishment from NASA. He's like, yeah, but that's not gonna fuck matter to me, punishment from the FAA. Like those are all people who he's like, you know, gone up against and he's like, yeah, you can't do shit to me, so fuck off. And I think they're like tied in with that is a sense of like who they can victimize, and that's like the unhalo caring immigrants, that's the elderly abroad, that's people abroad, Like that's yeah, so that is like that, that is their their genius is like that they're they're good at this. What they're doing, they're good at it. What they're doing is cruel and just like barbaric and horrifying, but they're they're going to be good at figuring it out. It's not random.
Speaker 3: It's also framing civil servants as some kind of like deep state Illuminati, which is you know, I mean that whole deep state Illuminati thing is very much a has a lot of origins and a lot of white supremacist, anti Semitic groups, of course, but it's like instead of it being like, hey, the c CIA should stop doing coups in South America. It's like your local like person who works for some federal program that drives old people to dialysis is evil and wants to steal your money.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, they're They're the tofu eating Illuminati and not.
Speaker 3: Sorry Jack, it's wo karate and that is.
Speaker 1: My mistake, and I apologize.
Speaker 2: Maybe grays woke karate. Don't go.
Speaker 1: Karate.
Speaker 3: You need to ask consent before punching someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, may I may you catch these fucking hands.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back, And we did talk about the Cees miles. The thing, the thing we focused in on was everybody was real into a rumba that could like pick up a sock.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that like articulating arm kind of. It just had a scorpion tail that yeah, that was just like picked up a single thing, put it in a basket, but like it had the ability to pick up three socks total. Before it was like oh arm fell lottery, low battery. That sock was way too heavy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you're pointing out like something that.
Speaker 2: Well this is just weird because I, you know, I like gadgets and shit. So when the Cees stuff. I remember, like in like you know, like in my insomnia, pulling up a YouTube, like YouTube videos are like the coolest stupid Cees this year. And multiple times I kept seeing this shitty ass robot companion getting all kinds of coverage and surely it wasn't because it's like remarkable, a revolutionary. I'm like, this has to be because it's so weird and off the fucking mark. It's a real it's the real Botics robot. And yeah, let me just play a couple of clips. The one's a just sort of like an intro video that was put together by Cheddar at Cees and you can just kind of get an idea of like just a just a general vibes, its abilities, and then we'll see some something more specific.
Speaker 1: And just before before we start, I do just want to Katie, so this is You're gonna watch this video and you're gonna be like, why are they interviewing this woman? What's so fascinating about her? I just have to remind you this is a creation from real Botics.
Speaker 2: A man. This is man made, clearly a and also I emphasize that man and this is clearly a man made. This Uh, you're about to be my grandma when I showed her Jurassic Park in nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 3: I'm meloded, your terming companion from real bodies?
Speaker 2: Is that? See us?
Speaker 9: Twenty three five?
Speaker 3: Welcome to our little corner.
Speaker 2: So this is Melody. She's one of our companionship robots. She's full bodied. You have a lot of motors inside her, a lot of servos.
Speaker 3: She can have real like a lot of service.
Speaker 2: You can change her thirty I can change her character, change the way she talks.
Speaker 9: For instance, she can smiles smiling right now, and then she can get surprised, and then she can also get angry.
Speaker 2: So this is her anger.
Speaker 9: Oh I am very angry at you right now, and you could, like you could like change your whole fucking brain in like thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: You don't like down here, just load up like a more like smiley one. Look that's her smiling. Oh now you're going to see her mad? What the fuck is going on? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do like how the eyes do not have any servos in that air? That right, No, they don't seem to have a lot of servos around the eyes.
Speaker 1: I've seen that before, and it's when somebody is blacked out that why why is this robot so drunk?
Speaker 2: She seems I think I've been watching a lot of defunct land recently, and even like the early Disney animatronics weren't this fun.
Speaker 3: They were a lot better. Yeah, it's like actually kind of spooky how good those early ones were. But yeah, I do, I do have this thing now that I do, uh to have fun with my husband, which is like I'll like turn around and like smile at him without moving my eye muscles. Oh, and it's it's like a fun little surprise for him. And this is this does kind of look a little bit like that, like, uh, you know, the hello, Yeah, I'm so happy to see you.
Speaker 1: She can smile. She's smiling right now. You can see she's smiling right now. Nope, Uh, this is the angry face is so strange.
Speaker 3: Angry face looks like sad depressed.
Speaker 2: It's just so it's just like, look she's mad. It was like just like I don't know what it was doing. Yeah, red, red red, Like I can only imagine it's like, hello, let's hang out. The mouth wasn't even moving. I again, you won't know how much this costs.
Speaker 1: It has to be dozens of dollars?
Speaker 2: Uh, jack, how about thousands? Wow? Okay, uh, in the order of hundreds of thousands. The full articulating buy is like a one one seventy five Jesus.
Speaker 3: Christ, how many how many flesh lights, like good flesh lights could you buy with that kind of money?
Speaker 2: Oh? My god? For a full bodied robot? I mean god, you could probably fill up the Roman Colisseum with flesh lights. About which money I'd imagine.
Speaker 3: And someone should someone should.
Speaker 2: Do Yeah they should, Okay, but I don't want to just I don't want to just you know, dunk on that video, because there is a even more convincing video between the founder of the company and their newest iteration of this robot. And look they are just having a very very normal, not scripted at all. Please ignore the piece of paper the man is holding, Okay, just showing how kind of like witty and quick this robot is. How are you today? I'm feeling fun and ready to have a great conversation with you? All right? Very normal? Did you know that honey never spoils? Archaeologists have found pots of honey in ancient Egyptian tombs that are over three thousand years old and still perfectly edible.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking about the weather and wondering when it's going to warm up.
Speaker 2: Oh, that is how I talk to people. This response to be quite a topic.
Speaker 3: A little sunshine can definitely brighten the day.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, she didn't study for that one you interacted with? How many humans have you interacted with? Like?
Speaker 1: What is? Is he a jealous boyfriend? How many humans?
Speaker 2: How he was.
Speaker 3: They finally found the treasure a giant sash of acre.
Speaker 1: Don't change the subject on me. How many humans?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna unplug you. I'm gonna unplug you.
Speaker 1: Oh dang, the close on his face watching her. Yeah, I'm not only a sex robot founder, I'm also a client.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. You can hear those servos firing so loudly just to get like one corner of the mouth to rise up. So I like that. It has the same wit and intelligence as Jonathan lipp Nikki and Jerry maguire The Little Boy where he was like, honey last forever. Yeah, bees and dogs can smell fear. You're like, thank you, AI. Thing that was very enlightening. Such such a.
Speaker 1: There's a there is a real possibility that that is just how that guy talks to people and like so he's just like, tell me an interesting fact. Yeah, how many humans have you interacted with today?
Speaker 2: I think this is what makes it interesting. So I don't know if you're looking at the doc, but like their first three robots they're rolling out are very interesting and kind of across the spectrum of looks, and.
Speaker 3: I'm glad they're I'm glad they're catering to women as well with this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, with Sam Waterston from Law and Orders, I think that is I feel like it's really like these men who are under the assumption, like, dude, you know every leader who wants sorry, every chick, he looks fucking lawn order, right, So why don't we make a fuckable Jack McCoy aka Sam Waterston Okay, along with our two like very traditionally like hot lady faces that we're gonna offer you.
Speaker 3: I have always wanted to have sex with Sam Waterson with the possibility of being electrocuted.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it seems like Sam waters favorite hobby, the guy from that. I think you should leave Sketch who has too much ship on him. Frank Frank havoc Frankock, I got.
Speaker 3: Too much ship on me. Why don't you take that ship up, big boy?
Speaker 2: Why do you put some of that ship on me? Yeah? What does that even mean? I don't know, honey, never goes back. But yeah, this company just so for the record, this company, real Botis, came to be when a Toronto based crypto firm decided to buy a Vegas based sex doll company. So the guy you saw talking to the robot putting it through its paces is the founder of this uh sex doll company. Yep. And and that that guy, his sex dolls were so you know, high end that they were actually featured in Large and The Real Girl. Oh yeah, oh yeah, I love. That's where Bianca Bianca comes from from. This from this man's sordid uh fantasies. And now they that company, the like the Toronto based crypto firm, they're pivoting away because what they did, like they made news when they remember when the meta verses around there like you gotta buy real estate and the medical dude, like that's the biggest thing they bought like almost like like two and a half million dollars worth of fucking meta real estate. And then when that ship bottomed out in two story that wasn't great. Maybe we should now pivot to making AI enabled fuck dolls. Yeah, although this current iteration is not fuckable from what I've read and heard back from their representative. That's down the road.
Speaker 3: I mean, is it not right?
Speaker 1: It depends on what your definition is.
Speaker 2: What I get that, but the traditional android, traditional android intercourse is not possible.
Speaker 3: Necessity is the milf of invention.
Speaker 2: That's right, truly, truly, truly, truly, truly, Well.
Speaker 1: Katie Golden has always pleasure having you. Where can people I'll find you, follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a podcast with iHeart called Creature Feature if you're interested in learning about ammals and all the cool stuff in nature while it's still there. I also do a podcast with with Alex Schmidt called Secretly Incredibly Fascinating, where he looks up things that I'm like, Alex, that's boring. No one's gonna want to hear about this, But I'm wrong every time he blows my mind with incredible facts. And I don't know, I'm not really using X these days anymore, folks, because like, who names an app eggs? Right, It's called eggs, And I don't like eggs better than sex. So I'm on blue sky. You can follow me at you know what, just just pro bird rights. Put the bird on there, the bird. The bird's on the sky, folks, birds in the sky, birds on the sky.
Speaker 1: You know how it is?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And I'm singing the Josh Groberberg of course, Katie. Oh, is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So, uh. I don't know how this resurface for me, but it's Microsoft Steve Balmer giving a speech about creating the programming language dot Net in nineteen ninety nine, where he's going developers, developers, developers, developers while drenched. My Now, I'm a bit of a sweater, as in, like I sweat when I'm like podcasting talking at parties, and so I get it. My dog is like covered, he is drenched in sweat, and he is he is. He's emotional about the concept of how developers are going to bring dot Net into fruition, and I do. I love the energy.
Speaker 2: This is exactly what the Clippers needed, you know, is exactly what the Clippers needed someone with this kind of enthusiasm, dismissive. Look, I'm back on back in my lakers bag. You know they want to know how he did it.
Speaker 3: He's got but the sweat isn't. I want to point out to people that the sweat isn't like on his chest region, under his armpits and in his elbows. And again I'm saying this as a profuse sweating person, where when I if I was in this situation, I would be sweating a lot. He is a professional. He has taken this to an art form.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's wild when it's clearly running down your biceps and then pulling at the where your bicep beats your forearm. Right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Can I hear developers developers?
Speaker 10: The success is developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers.
Speaker 3: And he stamps his little feet too.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Off into the sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh hell yeah that does. I'm fucking fired up. But that's that.
Speaker 1: Those are the people who run the world.
Speaker 2: Now. I can't wait for my baldness to get like his, and I can just get that weird. It was half a headband on like it was just he had a thick.
Speaker 3: Band like this called the Franciscan Friar.
Speaker 2: I still got it. I still got a little bit on top of you got to give me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Franciscan, Yeah, exactly, Friar style, So wonderful, that'll be. So you're so beautiful.
Speaker 2: People don't see off camera of all these sketches, and it's so wonderful.
Speaker 3: He's put your face on like a wooly willie and like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all you need are fourteen servos in your face with all of those human expressions down miles.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Is there a work of media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: You find me at miles of gray everywhere, literally everywhere, even on PlayStation Network.
Speaker 3: Penguin World, Club Penguin was I missed Club Penguin Neopats and I use a different name on Black Planet.
Speaker 2: But anyway, don't try and find that account. But you can find me at those places. You can also find me where oh yes, talking basketball check out my booties and also talking about ninety on four to twenty Day Fiance, a thing I like for social media. Haven't haven't checked back in with social media. I'm currently having a crisis with the DMV because my house burned down, but I need to renew my registration and then I can't have him send the new registration to a burned down house, but I have to do it in a certain amount of time before the fee goes up exponentially, So I've been just looking up I have to go to a DMV office. All that to say is that's what. That's what. That's what's been on my plate in lieu of social media. But I will I will have some interesting things to share it, but probably in the next day or so. I hope to be back.
Speaker 3: It's the Doge Apartment of Motor Vehicles.
Speaker 2: That's right, Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's already.
Speaker 1: Does that helpful? I like that instead of is that something that help Does that helpful to you?
Speaker 2: I'm hoping. I'm hoping that was merely a road light on your road to recovery street lamp lighting your path home?
Speaker 1: Tweet I've been enjoying. Let's just go with that. Girl Bossing tweeted I'm eating cast roles you've never heard of in flyover states you've never been to. Oh and yeah, joke selling you The people you're talking to have also never heard of the state. That's been my experience. Some of the comedy writers that we've worked with in l A, they're like, yeah, you were in Mississippi for a while, right, And I'm like Missouri. They're like that's no, no, no, no, I don't think for a while. Amazing work by girl Boss saying. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore, O'Brian on Blue Sky at Jack ob the Number one. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zei Guist. We're at the Daily Zei Guys on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page at a website dailyzegus dot com. You can go to the episode right now that you're listening to. I'll click on it, look at the description of the episode, and you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's though where you can see my bald head, see his bald head, no side, no hats, the sides are coming sides and.
Speaker 2: A little bit and a little bit and you know, stand by stand by.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, yeah, we'll link off in the shut notes to the YouTube channel. We also link off to a song we think you might enjoy. Hey, Myles, is there a song you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just just more groovers.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I was listening to some heavy like metal kind of shit recently, but I figured let's go with some roovers. This is from an artist called Chow Chow Mary Gold CEE I A O C I A O R I G O l D Chow Chow Maddy Gold and the track is called Valencia and the album is called Satsuma. So I'm wondering if this is all kinds of citrus based names. But again, this is a really nice instrumental track. Uh, pretty short, but again I think fantastic. Yes, this album Satsuma has all kinds of because I see Zumo Bergamot, Cara Kara, Valencia, Clementine kog Navel. But this track is Valencia. So check this one out by Chow Chow Marygold.
Speaker 1: Chow Chow Mary Gold. The Daily Zaia is a production by Heart Radio.
Speaker 11: For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio Wrap Apple podcast. Wherever you listen to your favorite shows, that is got to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then.
Speaker 1: I E bye, bye bye