Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper VV.
Speaker 1: When you're ready, where you're ready, Let's get it all. How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with a Jim Valley, Tenday Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it's Tuesday, Thursday here on the show. It's actually Thursday because last night was Wednesday. Nights AW Blood, Guts, Dynamite, and uh well, whatever you want to say about a when they advertise something, they deliver, and they delivered blood and they delivered guts and Violence is probably the most violent wrestling television show that has ever aired on national television. And hopefully everybody is alive today, but we'll tell you all about that. A lot of things happen on the show, and then we've got a bunch of injury updates and health updates. Everybody from Jim Ross, Bianca bell Air, Queen Amana, Rick Flair, Buddy Matthews a lot to talk about. We also have a location for Elimination Chamber twenty twenty six. We got some WW and NXT wrestlers heading down to Triple A. We got some ratings notes, SmackDown and Collision AJ Styles update. For those of you that remember a couple of months ago, he did this weird promo and everybody was talking about it was off air, but of course it ended up online and he explained it on a podcast, So we'll tell you what he said and what happened, and then of course we've got the full Blood and Guts TV report. Philthy Tom is going to be joining us here today and if you'd like to join the show, you can do so by sending me a text message or email. Text message line is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. Just text messages to that line at for W online at gmail dot com is the email I'm also at for W online. Threads Instagram cameo, grab a cameo atfor w Online at Brian alberz Ex and Blue Sky back in a month with more Observer Live.
Speaker 3: When use would to Progressive, you could save bundling your home and auto. Then you could put that money towards some of the surprisingly more expensive things in life.
Speaker 4: Attention passengers, We've reached utpousand feet and internet is now available for bridges.
Speaker 3: I just paid hundreds for this fight and you can't even throw an Internet.
Speaker 2: I'll just take the free pretzels.
Speaker 5: Sorry, but I do have snack boxes for sale. I'm just going to sleep in that case.
Speaker 4: We are selling pillows and blankets as well.
Speaker 1: I'll just breathe. That's free, right.
Speaker 3: Life costs a lot, so bundlin you could save with Progressive. Progressive Casualty Insurance Company affiliates other insurance and not available to heal states.
Speaker 6: It's time for you to come to Branson, Missouri for the trip of a lifetime. Located right in the middle of the country, you can drive or fly there. We put together a deal of a lifetime for you to experience Branson.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 6: You can get a three day, two night package for only seventy nine dollars total. We're even including four free Branson show tickets. Paul the special Branson Hotline number right now to learn more. Eight hundred four nine seven seven to one nine eight eight hundred four nine seven seven one nine eight. If you've never been to Branson, Missouri, come visit and see what we have to offer. Beautiful lads, casual and upscale restaurants, tons of shows and activities for everyone, and for seventy nine dollars total. You can't beat it. So pick up your phone right now and call the Branson Travel Hotline claim your three day, two nine package bus, four free show tickets for only seventy nine dollars total. Call now eight hundred four nine seven seven to one ninety eight. That's eight hundred four nine seven seventy one ninety eight.
Speaker 7: Have you suffered sports betting losses? There is someone who wants to fight for you to see you get back what you have lost those sports betting companies. Michael Watts is a prolific trial lawyer with over eleven billion dollars in total recoveries for his clients and now with sports betting claim dot Com. He'd like to help you. Michael has been a leader in some of the largest and most complex cases in the country, from defective cars and tires to damaging drugs and medical products. He has always represented the rights of individuals harmed by large corporations. His efforts recently resulted in the recovery of billions for individuals who lost their properties to fires carelessly caused by electric companies and others. Michael knows that sports betting companies preyed on and manipulated consumers into losing their life savings, and he wants to make them pay. If you have suffered financial hardship as a result of online sports betting and would like help seeking compensation, please submit your claim information for evaluation at sportsbettingclaim dot com. Michael Watts is focused on winning for you sportsbetting claim dot com.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of paranormal radio, Bigfoot, UFOs, ghosts, hauntings, cryptids, true crime? After Dark Radio with Brian Alvarez ER's live on sports Byline every Wednesday at two pm Pacific five Eastern, talking all manner of the strange and unusual, from the latest news of the weird to interviews with the top names in the field. After Dark is your source for Paranormal Radio. Check it out to Pacific five Eastern every Wednesday live on Sports Byline USA.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show, Bryan Elvarez here, Wrestling Observer Live. Felthy Tom Lawler is joining us here today. What's up Tom?
Speaker 4: Not too much? It's another day.
Speaker 1: Any news about you today? You want to talk about her? No? No, okay, all right, Well we got a bunch of injury updates here. How's your injury?
Speaker 4: Still injured?
Speaker 1: I know that, But like, how mobile are you now? Can you do jumping jacks yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I could do so, I think so are.
Speaker 1: You not trying any jumping jacks lately?
Speaker 4: I could do a stanky leg?
Speaker 1: Can you can you swing them kettlebells yet?
Speaker 4: I've kind of stayed away. Really, I could do other I do other stuff.
Speaker 1: You were big.
Speaker 4: I get up and I walk. Hey, you know, just don't stop moving guys.
Speaker 1: If you haven't got the cameo for me yet, I mean, it's it can be life changing. Just ask Tom.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I was asked for advice on what someone could do when they were injured, and I gave that advice about walking and Tom ridiculed me. But now he's seen the light as he walks all the time. Fw online on cameo.
Speaker 4: I'm walk off the air if you continue this.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? Tom? Does anyone else check on you regularly? Except for TJP? No, it's me and him. You're best friends. That's it, all right, Let's talk about all the other news of injuries and pain and such. So the first one we got to talking about is Jim Ross because it appears this one is the most serious, so he did say on his podcast. He returned to his podcast on Wednesday. He noted he finished selling his condo with Jacksonville's back in Oklahoma. Longtime home, Happy to be home. He said he's feeling better health wise, and he has in a long time. His daughters are close by able to help him out. He says, I feel healthier than I felt in a long time, got a lot of energy, Thankful to be back on the air. Signed a one year contract over the summer. He said in the next few weeks he's going to be back. Happy for that opportunity, and he did say a few months ago. At this time, I wasn't so sure about the outcome. But here I am, and here we are. We're gonna have a great, great year of podcasting. I can promise you that he did another. I've actually got the tweet here, I can find it. This is actually this is from Wrestling Purists, but this was from his podcast. He said, I'm better. I feel better today that I've been in a long time, feel good, feeling healthier than I felt in a long time, plenty of energy. Life is good, life is good. I'm alive. A few months ago, at this time, I was not so sure about the outcome, but here I am. Apparently there was a close call a few months ago, and I don't know anything other than that, but apparently it was. I was just told a close call, so a really close call actually, So all the best of JR. I'm glad he's feeling better and he should be back on the air soon. And he's had obviously a lot of health problems. Buddy's made it through and he's on his way back. So that's the update on Jim Ross. Also, since people have been asking Bianca bell Air is still out of action, where's Bianca bell Air been people asked, well, she's hurt. She was in the three way with Ria and EO at WrestleMania. That was April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November. That was seven months ago. And they did some spot and I guess EO did a moon salt or something like that, or they did a Actually I think they were doing one of those stacked up superplex deals and Rhea landed on her hand and crushed everything in her finger. She said. She said, it's been a crazy journey being an athlete, having an injury or lying in your body. My body's not doing what it's supposed to do. Hoping I could be back in the ring soon, but she broke her knuckle, broke the joint, something they thought would be straightforward. But it has now been seven months, so hopefully she can come back soon. But that sucks, Brian.
Speaker 4: I have also actually had a similar injury in the past where I shattered my knuckle into one hundred pieces punching somebody. Yeah, I was in a fight, but the recovery process for that was awful comparatively to some of the under injuries I've had that were you would think would be much more severe just because of the amount of nerve endings in your hand. It's one of the more sensitive parts of your body. And when if she had a similar fracture to what I had, it's like a hundred different bones that have to heal together. They without some you know, crazy surgery. Sometimes it just takes a long time for this process. So it's like it's like turf toe, you know, it's one of those things that you're like, there's no way this could hurt that bad, But when you have it.
Speaker 1: For a decade, awful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've had it too.
Speaker 1: Sucks. I don't even know if I think it was just turf toe and now it's just arthritic. I mean, I don't think my toe is ever gonna be the same again. Sucks.
Speaker 4: How'd you find something small enough to stub your toe on?
Speaker 1: It's called the mat, It's eighty by eighty. It was plenty big enough to stub my toe. I didn't even stub it. I didn't even do anything. I came home and I actually I remember I was just like on the man, I went, why's my toe hurt? And then it just never it never didn't hurt again after that day. Don't know how jammed it jammed or it bent funny or you know, just got old? What did Granny always say? Getting old is the pits. Queen Amanada did an interview on her volog I guess it's not really an interview, and she said, I cried my eyes out. I'm in the locker room right now. I was not cleared because my neck is so tight, can't even move it a little bit. Because of this, I got taken out of the match today ad I'm out of blood and gut safety first, rather be out two to three weeks than six months. So she didn't say how she got it, but apparently in one of the matches she jammed her neck up. Can't even turn her head, and so that's where Queen Amenada was. And then Rick Flair was advertised for Dynamite and Rick Flair did make an appearance before the live crowd and then went home. Apparently he very recently injured his rotator cuff. Nobody really knows how. Dave thinks it might have been a fall, which is Rick Flair. I mean, he's done a lot of that.
Speaker 4: Could have been doing planks at the bar. Yes, I've seen videos. If I'm doing that recently, so maybe maybe he tore it working out well.
Speaker 1: He was in a sling backstage, he took the sling off, came out in front of the crowds. They wouldn't se him with a sling on, did a promo and then and then left. Actually, he's had a lot of rotator CUF problems his entire career, actually, and I think he was supposed to be in that FTR segment and perhaps at the last minute Ricky Steamboat was given twice the material because whatever it was, that segment that was rough. That was a rough segment. But he did do a nice comeback. Oh, Ricky.
Speaker 4: Pulled it together.
Speaker 1: What did you think about the Ricky Steamboat FTR segment?
Speaker 4: I did not think it was Ricky Steamboat's best work at first. I thought, like, was he in the back partying and they pulled him at the last minute to go do this segment. But he went out there and he got through it. He like he said, he did his comeback. I was kind of laughing almost the entire time. It looked like he was like asking Tony questions while he was out there. Looks like he's asking FTR questions about what he's supposed to do. It was bizarre.
Speaker 1: He was carried through a segment maybe for the first time in his career. Usually it's the other way around.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a rough one.
Speaker 4: A stark contrast to what we normally see from Ricky Steamboat, where he is like the best legend that you could bring out.
Speaker 1: Buddy Matthews also is still injured. He got hurt in a mansion Brisbane against Okada where essentially he vaulted into the ring over the top rope, which by the way, apparently Ricky Steamboat did and we never saw it. He like vaulted over the top rope into the ring for his entrance. So Buddy Matthews did this and he he suffered ligament and cartilage damage and then rustled thirteen minutes on it with Okadau And that was I mean forever ago. He was expecting to heal quickly, but instead it didn't and in August he had to go undergo surgery again and he said he's just now able to do the hack squad. So yeah, rough, dude.
Speaker 4: Brian Cage. Brian Cage went through another surgery yesterday. I was talking to him last.
Speaker 1: Nime, was it yesterday? He did it. I knew he was going to do another one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think he's in the hospital. I don't know if he already got it done, but.
Speaker 1: Oh, all right, well, best of luck to him and Taz as well. Who uh I think it was his shoulder or his knee. I forget what his most recent surgery was, but hopefully he's doing well.
Speaker 4: Also, these guys gotta pop that neck.
Speaker 1: Back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Good lord, Tom, this fella here goes. What's a hack squat? What's a hack squat?
Speaker 4: This gentleman has never heard of one of the finest wrestlers and physical culturists of all time, George Hackenschmidt. Yeah, the Russian Lion himself born in Estonia. George Hackenschmidt. Jacked.
Speaker 1: George Jackenschmidt is what his name was. Guy was jacked everybody long ago, before there was any such thing as steroids. You had to eat bold testicles if you want an extra testosterone.
Speaker 4: No you didn't.
Speaker 1: You ever seen those guys back then?
Speaker 4: Eugen Sandow yes, I have seen Eugene Sandow. I've also seen the Great Gama who didn't eat that meat. He was eating like two thousand almonds and and uh.
Speaker 1: I hate a lot of almonds. Milk it's good for you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, you're not undefeated for thirty years, like you don't know that. I do. I've defeated you. I hold your stump.
Speaker 2: You lost.
Speaker 1: I hate you. So anyway, let's talk about more news.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, yeah, squad the way George Hakischmid did it would he would put a bar bell behind him and then he would basically dead lift it up while on his toes.
Speaker 1: So it's not what this guy says. There's a squad done with both legs behind your head.
Speaker 4: No, that is not the hack squat Okay, nowadays it's commonly done in a machine with the pads resting on your shoulders. Then you squat down.
Speaker 1: Versus Brian isn't joking. They did use bull testicles. I looked into this recently when me and my dad were talking about Barry Bonds. You went from talking about Barry Bonce looking up eating bull testicles.
Speaker 4: Huh, Rocky Mountain oysters. People still eat them today?
Speaker 1: How about that anyway. Elimination Chamber coming to Chicago in February of twenty twenty six, United Center Saturday, February twenty eighth, So there will probably be some other things in partnership is with that as well. So sounds like Ciampunk will probably be headlining that show. Would be my guest, but who knows. We got ratings notes here, just a couple of things. So last week obviously was a rough weekend for uh. Actually I'd been a few of those as a result of the World Series and such. Well, no we or World series. This past weekend Collision eighty nine thousand viewers and a zero point zero six in eighteen to forty nine, which is the best they've done since September sixth. This all is the new big data plus panel. Point oh six would have sucked eight months ago, but now it's like, Wow, good job you did a point oh six.
Speaker 4: Brian, Yeah, by the same token. Do you have, by chance, ratings from the UFC that was on that night? I do know that one was actually on espn U, but I can try and find it did any damage whatsoever. It's a collision. I know I was watching that UFC.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the uh the point six is double a week ago. The viewership is up thirty three percent, so I'm not sure there's a lot of collision UFC crossover. I'm thinking probably not a but you're looking at one, you're looking at one exactly one and then UH SmackDown one point one four to one million viewers, which was up twenty three percent from last week, and a point two six in eighteen to forty nine, which was up thirty percent. So that that week where they dropped below a million and everybody said the sky was falling and you should get rid of Triple H. Well, it was a Halloween show and a World Series weekend, and things are back to where they were before now that those things have ended. Aj Styles talked about a promo on the September eighth raw where he basically did a promo during the break and he claimed it unnamed somebody didn't want him in WWE anymore and things were being engineered so he could not win his matches, and of course they put this on social media, including the WWA YouTube channel, and he went on the Oh Contest Wrestling podcast and he said the promo was him setting up something for a storyline but he does not believe that idea will be happening anytime soon. And he said the Triple H was not the somebody he was alluding to. He said it was something I was trying to set up that I don't think is gonna happen. It's not necessarily not true, but I'm not talking about Triple H. So I want to clear that. But yep, that's all I can say about it. So he had some idea, need it, and there will be no follow up. And he also talked about how he wants to wrestle one more match in TNA, but he's not sure it's ever gonna happen because he's retiring. He just says, at some point in twenty twenty six. My guess is probably like WrestleMania is what he's thinking. I don't know why he can't just say can and.
Speaker 4: That's that's six months away.
Speaker 1: At some point in twenty twenty six, you think.
Speaker 4: That now, I think they're gonna stretch this one out. My guess is like Summer Slam or Survivor series, give him more time to do a send off. I don't think you want to start the build up for this right after John Cena's retirement happens, but I mean they're gonna have to start.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right. But the issue the thing is, you know he's been going to all of these shows and basically doing farewell speech. Is like he's never going to be coming back.
Speaker 4: He did it in Japan. Where else has he done it?
Speaker 1: I think he's done it in a few different places, and it's like, you're not going back there. They're not doing another tour there in all of twenty twenty six. I mean, he's he's talking like he's really like, listen, if he was going to go the full year, why would he say I want to do at least one match in TNA. But I don't think I'm gonna do it. I don't think I have time. It's like, you can't find one day to do a TNA match in the next fourteen months. It doesn't even makes sense. Yeah, it's Japan and Australia. You don't think can go back to Japan and Australia in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: I mean they have to be maybe not before SummerSlam.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know, man, We'll see.
Speaker 4: I I just think I think him going out at WrestleMania honestly would just it would be overshadowed as well. I think you can also set it up and do kind of a standalone event like John Cena, like the Goldberg retirement and Milk it. I don't think you want to just throw it on WrestleMania and have it be another match.
Speaker 1: Well you could do it that way. But the thing with like Goldberg's I mean, Goldberg's retirement on that Saturday night's main event Atlanta. I mean, really, that wasn't that big a deal. I mean, I don't even think they sold out Atlanta for that if I recall correctly, and you know, it was a show didn't do particularly all that well on NBC. It was kind of just and Goldberg wasn't happy about it. I don't know. I guess we'll see what he ends up doing. Where do you want it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Never mind? All right?
Speaker 4: What what was that question?
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask where you wanted to retire? But I didn't want to bring it up. Relentless program, Relentless Pro against TJP again.
Speaker 4: Like the day after my birthday was wrestling May sixteenth, twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good match, Tom, this is better live. I hear you didn't like it on tape? Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, it was.
Speaker 1: It was pretty good, dude, especially knowing the shape you were in. I can't even I can't even explain it A Z you were. You were literally a Z and you went in there and you had an a match. So that was pretty good to play. Announced Wednesday, Axiom Nathan, Actually it'll be Axiom, Octagon Junior and Javon Evans on November twenty second, one day La Brera Olympic Gymnasium, Mexico City winner will go on to challenge the Laredo Kid for the Triple A Cruiserweight title. How long do you think it's gonna be before old Javon wins a title? Because they ain't winning him next week, dude, it ain't happening. After they sent those guys packing and made him look like geeks and I was like, yeah, he ain't winning those tag titles. I don't think he's winning this trip. How long do you think it'll be? It's been eighteen months, actually it's been nineteen months now, been keeping track. Nineteen months. Javon has won nothing, hasn't won the Heritage Cup, hasn't won the Speed title, has it won the North American title, hasn't won the Iron Survivor Challenge. This guy hasn't won nothing nineteen months now. But uh, Jasper Troy, he's got that Speed title held hostage. He's a champion. I want he's a winner.
Speaker 4: I want nothing more than for Javon Evans to run rough shot through a tournament of competitors, get hit shot at Jasper Troy, get stretched for four minutes, and then put down with the black Hole slam.
Speaker 1: Well, we shall see. I'm not bullish on the idea. I'm not bulld testicles on the idea, Rocky Mountain oyster on the idea. So we see what's in the text message been. Let's see here looking into the future, what are the two world title matches for Mania forty two? Cody versus Jericho for the WE title and Punk versus Dominic for the World title. I don't see any chance of that whatsoever.
Speaker 4: Is that the next Rustlemania?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: Is forty two the next one? Or is it forty one?
Speaker 4: Who could possibly.
Speaker 1: Care WrestleMania No rustle MANI forty two is next one? Well? This WrestleMania forty two is probably gonna be Punk and Roman, and I'm not sure co codial face. I don't expect it to be Jericho. I guess it's possible, but so Versa says Jericho is acting so out of character, I expect to swerve and he returns to Dynamite as an anti aw heel. I don't think so, brother. I don't see Tony Kahan approving of an angle where a guy is going on podcasts and putting over how awesome TNA is and how it looks like a WWE show, and how aw looks like a Tony Condello taping. I do not see Tony Khan doing that. No chance, no chance. I think the guy is going to WWE. It's my guess.
Speaker 4: All right, you are you taking off?
Speaker 1: You listening to the music?
Speaker 4: Here? Is that what that was?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Back in a moment with Tom's blood gets reported, it's overlive.
Speaker 7: Have you suffered sports betting losses? There is someone who wants to fight for you to see you get back what you have lost those sports betting companies. Michael Watts is a prolific trial lawyer with over eleven billion dollars in total recoveries for his clients and now with sports betting Claim dot Com, he'd like to help you. Michael has been a leader in some of the largest and most complex cases in the country, from defective cars and tires to damaging drugs and medical products. He has always represented the rights of individuals harmed by large corporations. His efforts recently resulted in the recovery of billions for individuals who lost their properties to fires carelessly caused by electric companies and others. Michael knows that sports betting companies preyed on and manipulated consumers into losing their life savings, and he wants to make them pay. If you have suffered financial hardship as a result of online sports betting and would like help seeking compensation, please submit your claim information for evaluation at sportsbettingclaim dot com. Michael Watts is focused on winning for you Sportsbetting Claim dot Com.
Speaker 5: I'm holding in my hand the American silver Eagle Dollar. It's a beautiful piece of American history and it's one ounce of silver originally minted in nineteen eighty six. These coins are a beautiful, classic piece of American history and they're a great investment you should add to your portfolio. The beauty of silver is that, however much you have available to invest, silver is affordable and easy to acquire, with one coin costing around thirty dollars. So if you choose to invest a few thousand in silver, you can get quite a bit for your money, and you'll have a tangible asset that you can hold one you can be proud to own. Claim your piece of American history with American silver Eagle dollars. Call the Silver Hotline right.
Speaker 6: Now eight hundred six two oh one six two four eight hundred sixty two oh one six two four eight hundred six two oh one six two four. That's eight hundred six two oh sixteen twenty four. Keep listening for details on how to get up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Sky Houdidays introduces a one of a kind air credit program. Our buying team got a little too aggressive in getting hotel and air deals, so now we have to liquid eight our prices. Here's ol whether you I want to go to Paris, Las Vegas, London, Atlanta, Hawaii, or anywhere else in the world, we have amazing deals. Book is selected hotel and we'll give you up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Now you can book your vacation and get a free credit to use towards airline travel. We'll book both airline and hotel with one simple phone call. We have access to most airlines and deals are thousands and thousands of places to stay. Call right now, book your hotel rooms, claim your airline credit. You can change or modify it at any time. Eight hundred two five six four eight one six eight hundred two five six four eight one six. That's eight hundred two five six forty eight sixteen.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 4: I can the show.
Speaker 1: Bryan Alvarez here sling Observer Live. Filthy Tom Lolore is joining us here today. Let's talk some blood and guts.
Speaker 4: Brother, there was plenty of blood and guts on display last night. Aw Dynamite, the bloodiest and gutsiest show that I think they have put on broadcast television maybe ever. I mean I don't have, like, I don't remember one of every show that's ever been on TV, but maybe back in an ESPN classic from some other era. There was a show as buddy as this, but like you said, I doubt it. Uh, the women's match was probably even more gruesome than the men's was. Willow and sky Blue started off. Willow had some kid in play style pants on, but she was not there to play. She alle you powerbomb sky Blue into the cage and then sky ran the blade And that's probably what this match will most be remembered for, because sky Blue became sky Red, if you know what I'm saying, Producer Dom. She was bleeding all over the place this whole match. Uh, I noticed too, Like when when Mercedes loses all these belts, Brian, there's gonna be four or five indie workers getting less money out of Tony Kahan every show. So stat Lander, what are you talking about. Well, she's got them out there with the belts, so they're on TV. Okay, so probably get paid more as extras than just the bums. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh those people?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yeah, there was this insane stuff throughout this whole match, Like let's talk about.
Speaker 1: The most crazy one, let's talk about the craziest one, going, well, well, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, I don't know if that's the craziest one.
Speaker 1: Dude, This one I thought was beyond anything else on this entire show.
Speaker 4: Statlander and Marina are fighting on the outside and Marina Shaffir kicks Statlander and she takes a bump onto a bed of No. No, that that wasn't the worst Okay, not even okay? How about Willow gave I think Megan Baane a superplex into the middle of the two rings.
Speaker 1: Nope? Okay, So first off, First off.
Speaker 4: Was it Marina hold On stopping her foot her exposed foot?
Speaker 1: Okay, listen onto glass Tom. They had a spot where Jamie Hayter was slumped in the corner. Okay, she's slumped in the corner. She has one arm on one rope, she has one arm on the other rope, no hands. She has a trash can lid around her face. Okay, she can't see. She's just laying there, slumped in the corner and there's a trash can lid on her face. Meganane, from the middle of the ring, walks up, takes a freaking steel chair and she rules it and it just goes bam right into the trash can on Jamie Hayter's face. She can't see it coming. She doesn't know what's coming. She freaking went down and they had a ref going over there and he's checking on her to make sure she's alive. I went, oh my god, that was the most careless crazy spot I've seen. I think it all and I watched the whole show here. That was the craziest by far. You can't even see it coming straight freaking to the face. I was like, oh my god, that was the worst thing on this show by Miles.
Speaker 4: Oh, bro, there's a lot of contenders on this one. You gotta send me. I don't remember that, you don't remember it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna sit here talk. I'll send it to you. You're gonna it'll blow your mind.
Speaker 4: Tony Storm came out looking like Joker's Heath Ledger in better times. She had a handful of beads who was whacking everybody on the heel side. They locked the door. Finally the crowd went nuts. She did a Tony Storm. She did a champagne bottle TYPEEI deathmatch spot. Jamie Hayter tried to put Sky through a table. She couldn't. Then they went through a waterfall sequence where everybody was doing their finishers. Brian, did you notice Mercedes Money changed the money maker.
Speaker 1: She changed it.
Speaker 4: She changed it. She no longer spun into a DDT. She actually went the other way and turned it into a facebuster.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, slight change, but good change, good change. As the Sheriff of Rottingham would say, Harley, Oh my dear, Harley pulled out Minnie Money Brian and I was ready to lose it. Here the woman's blood and guts. And what does she do? She pulls out a puppet. But alas it was a go as Mercedes Monet, much to my appreciation, took this puppet tossed it in the abyss. But Harley then revealed brass knuckles leveled Mercedes with them. Thank you, that was a good Finally a good puppet spot Becla and Julia Hart whispered something to Mercedes. They snuck through the metal trussing, took out the referee, Mike Posey. They took the key from him, opened the door. They all started pulling the baby faces out of the ring. But uh then the baby faces kind of made a comeback. Pure chaos. Stat and Mercedes are climbing the metal above the table that's displaying all of Mercedes belts statlander Samoan dropped her off of the metal through this table. Tony inside the ring, pulled out her champagne glass her and Mina ddt and Marina onto it. Tony pulled out a mirror, put it on Marina's face and charged at her, but Marina popped up, threw this mirror into her face, shatters everywhere. Willow then gives Megan Bain this awful superplex into the middle of the ring. In between the two rings, Mina locks on a figure four leg lock with a bar wire bat. Marina then stomps her barefoot into all this glass and then stomps Mina with the foot with the glass sticking out of it. They threw her into the glass. Marina locked on the mother's milk. The rest of the baby faces besides Tony, other than Tony were locked outside and Megan Baine beat Mina with the title belt as the rest of the Heels held Tony watching, forcing her to surrender in order to save her love. Mina, Shirakawa and the Heels celebrated as Tony and Mina were laying in the ring embracing and uh.
Speaker 2: Hey, it was.
Speaker 1: Brutal watch that Watch what I just sent you. Watch what I just sent you? Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: It was unforgettable match.
Speaker 1: As advertised and uh yeah hopefully James. Yeah, can you look at that? What was she thinking?
Speaker 4: I swung it like she was like gonna hit her like right there, not throw it.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm pretty sure that Jamie lost teeth and like her mouth is all messed up in her face.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, brutal.
Speaker 1: What was she thinking? Dude? I have no earthly idea. I watched that and I was like, oh my god, I had to quit wrestling. I would have retired on the spot after that spot. Right there, we had Hangman and Hobbs no title.
Speaker 4: Yes, because I left that Brian thinking like, you've got to imagine that Tony and Mina are gonna win that tag title tournament. Now, well, after seeing how they were left here.
Speaker 1: I think there are either gonna win the tournament or I think I think that matches in the semis.
Speaker 4: So it's against Marina and Baine. Yeah right, but even then.
Speaker 1: I do expect them to win the tournament.
Speaker 4: The other team is the Sisters of Sin. Yeah, who would be the Heill team, So.
Speaker 1: I think they win the tournament. I thought that the day that they did their thing backstage and both lost to the pay per view.
Speaker 4: Okay, so there was also a thing with the Young Bucks and Don Kallas, Yeah, and uh Josh, Alexander Otsuka and Okada. There they delivered a beating up Jack Perry to the Young Bucks trailer Callous wants them to join the family next week because they have a million dollar tag match on the special three hour Dynamite. Mm hm ah if they're all three hours whatever. Hangman out of Page and Powerhouse Hobbs false count anywhere. Hangman immediately tore off the turnbuckle pad. They brawled outside Hobbs dobe shoulder first in their ring steps. Page left off of them into the grasp of Hobbs, who body slanted him off the apron on the announced desk onto the steel steps. They started throwing up tweet from Randos like it's the UFC. No Paul Fontaine tweet on the screen, But I did like this touch. I think it's kind of cool. Then we had what is also a contender for the worst day on the show. Powerhouse Hobbs looks he's got a power bomb or pile drive Hangman Page off the announced desk and Hangman. Page simply back drops him, but power Hubs correct, Powerhouse, it is ten feet up in the air. He rotates and lands directly on top of his tailbone, pops up in the air. He's not selling on the ground. He immediately pops up and runs over to the barricade in pain. They fought under the crowd. That looked brutal. They fought under the crowd. Eventually Hangman knocked Hobbs off of the uh off the like what is entry in aisleway or something with a boot through some tables and he got the win. I love this match. Actually, Shabata and Joe jumped Page. After the match, the cage lowered until Hook and Eddie Kingston ran down to make the save, and the crowd channer for Eddie, even though it seems like he's out of place in this entire feud. Hangman said, if Joe wants him to steal cage, he should have just asked, because at full gear it'll be Samoa Joe versus Hangman in that steel cage. And then we talked about the FTR and Steamboat segment earlier, and then we had the main event, the Men's Blood and Guts and this started with Darby and Wheeler. They retreated to the floor. Darby vaulted himself at Udah on the floor and they kept fighting around it as the crowd hated da Darby had a thumbtack covered skateboard he use on Wheeler. He did a double stomp off the top onto him as Orange Cassidy was taunting his former trainee. I really liked the It's a small touch, but the Death Riders all their music starts the same and then it goes into their different themes, so it was a small bit of suspense every time their music would hit, which I really liked. Daniel Garcia was in Renee was backstage looking for Mark Briscoe, who was incapacitated. She kylo' riley and Roger Strong found him, beaten up, bloody. Roderck took his spot, ran down there, ran through everyone, wisely grabbed the chair as Claudio was next. Claudio came in, did a giant swing to Darby with Orange Cassidy on his back, then running gorilla press Darby halfway across the ring into the eye opposite ring. Moxie came in with a fork. Darby dropped off the top of the trussing onto everybody. Pack came out looking more jacked than anyone I think I've seen. In twenty twenty five, Brisco made his way out after being almost killed backstage. He gave Yuda a j driller on top of the cage. Darby had a cattle prod but Gabe kid jumped him choked him out. Orange Cassidy put his hands in his pockets, but Claudio beat the crap out of him. Moxie stapled his hands into his pockets. Gabe and Pac tried to hang Darby, but he fought back. Then instead, they set some tables on fire and pock Gorilla pressed slam Darby through them. But hey, we saw Moxie set on fire a few months ago and he suffered no damage, so I'm sure Darby will be okay. Orange Cassie made a comeback. Roder Strong made a comeback, made a comeback, Strong kept making a comeback. Orange landed a punch on Moxley. Roger launched Youda into a table and threw it. Claudio cut off an Orange punch, but Cassidy landed another one, landed one on Moxley. O'reiley locked on the ankle lock and Moxley alone fought countered into a bulldog, but got put right back into an arm bar into the ankle lock. And after weeks and weeks and weeks, John Moxley, trapped in glass alone in the middle of the ring, with no death Riders to save him, had no choice but to tap the mat and signal defeat. He submitted at the hands of Kylo O'Reilly. Finish. It was perfect, great build up over the past couple months weeks to this match, and you could see the death Rider's confidence deteriorating, not only in themselves but in mocks. As the show goes off the.
Speaker 1: Air, Macanamo with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperbebe on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Do you finish that Dynamite review? Filthy Tom Lawler, Brian Alvarez here, Observer Live. I can't help but notice that Brandon here has sent astute text message. Do you think this is leading to Kyle O'Reilly getting a push? Well? It sure as heck better. It's sure better. I mean, maybe he's gonna be the guy that I guess we gotta figure this out now, because I mean there's seventy five titles. But the funny thing is they got all these belts, but when you really think about it, it's like, well, which one Kyle win? Because I mean, we've already got the international title match with Mark Risco with the big stipulation of the pay review. All of the other belts are tied up by Ocada.
Speaker 4: That's the TNT title.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's what I'm saying. The TNT title is the International by Ocada. Sorry, Ocatta's got the International. I guess we could do. Uh this new one right? This national title?
Speaker 4: Yea is the International? Then it's got a different name. Is he the continental champion?
Speaker 1: He's the International champion because they unified the International and the continent unified title. Oh my god, I can't even think of a belt to This is another topic for another day. I'll be back tonight.
Speaker 4: What Kyle O'Reilly?
Speaker 1: What does that have to do with anything? I'll be back tonight on the Bride of Anish. Everybody subscribe and listen to it. We got a lot to say. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer daily podcast on the eight Side Network.