Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and Tamra Jeedge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas in a Pod with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Rika Jane.
Speaker 2: And we are here to recap Real Housewives Orange County Season eighteen, episode fifteen.
Speaker 1: I am having such a good time, Teddy, I'm telling you, I was giggling and cackling the entire time.
Speaker 2: Well, you know who's not having a good time?
Speaker 1: Shannon or Tamera or jin Or or Heather. I mean you could name any one of them. None of them are having a good time.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Emily might be having a good No, she's cool.
Speaker 1: That was That's exactly what I was thinking. I was like, Emily is like the calm constant.
Speaker 2: I mean she has her little impulses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not bad, Like it's nothing to do.
Speaker 2: It's all recoverable.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I just love the way. I remember I told you that side fights were going to be breaking out. Oh yeah, it happened, and it's glorious.
Speaker 2: No, it's given us a whole new like, so much more to digest because everybody now it's and this is kind of what happens. As you get towards the end of the season, you are over it. You are over it. You no longer have patience for the people that you're spending all of your time. No, because you have to remember, we're seeing one thing, you know, it seems like one thing a day, but really these women are seeing each other three four times a day, having the same conversations.
Speaker 1: Yes, and in uncomfortable situations, which is why you get the reactions you do. Because it's cold, it's wet, you're tired, you're you know, you're hungry.
Speaker 2: Katie tells Tamra that she doesn't understand why Shannon can't just sit and talk instead, she gets super emotional. Katie doesn't get why Shannon would get plastic surgery if she was struggling financially to make herself feel better.
Speaker 1: How about this, There is no wrong time for plastic surgery.
Speaker 3: Katie.
Speaker 2: Check in with us in ten years.
Speaker 1: Katie, one day you will understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Katie, I just saw you at you need it. Oh my god, here's my doctor's info. You could do it for a post. Let's teddy. No, Katie does not need anything. Nobody really needs anything. But if you want something.
Speaker 1: And you make yourself happy.
Speaker 2: This is your life.
Speaker 1: If that's what you want to do with your body, you're entitled to do so.
Speaker 2: But also, I gotta be honest, I don't really give a shit, and it's not my problem how somebody spends their money if they're struggling.
Speaker 1: Like I'd okay, I was gonna say this was a big topic in both shows, but this one specifically. We have the dress, we have the plastic surgery. It's like, you know, who are unless you're writing the check for these women's lives, who cares what they do with their money?
Speaker 2: Would they go flat out bro?
Speaker 1: It does not. It's not going to impact your life at all. I promise you.
Speaker 2: I remember us having a conversation with somebody in Beverly Hills and this doesn't ruining. This is years ago after a robbery where we said maybe toned down wearing the labels just because people are going to come after you more if they see it. That I think is the conversation you can have because it's not about financially how much somebody has, but it's about the world we're living in right now.
Speaker 1: Well, that is a well I was going to say, you're allowed to wear whatever you want and buy whatever you want. But the crime part of it is that's a different conversation.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. There's a room for that conversation if it's done with love and like a little bit of like we're looking out for you and this or.
Speaker 1: But I think you have to pick and choose. Well, this is like, look, if we're going to comment on the city we live in with just Los Angeles, where everybody's rolex is getting snatched off, where every house is getting broken into no matter where, whether it's bel Air, you know, Beverly Hills, whatever, that's like. Now you're impinging on people's lifestyles. You can feel like you can't even wear something that you worked hard to pay for. That's not cool, you know.
Speaker 2: But I also think it's hard when the women keep talking about living beyond their financial means, when we all know that they're also being paid to be on the show and to look a certain way, you have.
Speaker 1: To look a certain way if you called it in and if I looked on Beverly Hills the way I want to look, which is you've all seen the paparazzi pictures. That's me, but guess what, not on camera?
Speaker 2: Guess what and if we are for if you are forced to do on camera, you know, because Erica has the big shades, Yeah, you could, like you see this much of your face like it's just and it's not because you're not beautiful without makeup. It's just this is what.
Speaker 1: Well, my expectation is, Yeah, the expectation of the show, the expectation of the viewers, the expectation like you place on yourself. It's kind of a whole thing. And I know that look is it real? Yeah, it's real? Is my skin was my skin barrier broken and my face was inflamed and I didn't feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did you see it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you watch bet On all on Blonde and see me with no makeup on at the worst time in my life?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did it. Yeah. I would have.
Speaker 1: Preferred to maybe have something better, some powder on my face, but it didn't work out that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and sometimes it doesn't. But I say, nothing is more relaxing than a spa treatment. Talking about your friend, I thought about our spa treatment realm.
Speaker 1: I was so hungover.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just spa treatments on these shows in general, unless it's a foot massage. I like, yeah, they're not relaxing.
Speaker 1: Well, look, the one thing that's wonderful about being on a show like Orange County or Beverly Hills like we were, so we get to go and do all of these cool things in all these beautiful places that, having been.
Speaker 2: Said, you don't get to enjoy them.
Speaker 1: We don't get to enjoy them like you would if you weren't involved in, you know, telling a story. And so it's almost like I remember you and I being at the girlon Spot and I mean, no, it wasn't that wasn't girlng We were in Rome. Gosh what spot? But anyway, it was beautiful and we couldn't we couldn't enjoy one moment.
Speaker 2: We couldn't enjoy one moment of it, and no one else didn't make me enjoy one moment of it when they took a picture of my face and then blew it up like every single poor like, uh, thank you, yes, thanks, we really appreciate that, thank you for that. But then we start to see things unraveled a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: Gina tells Jen that Shannon showed her the with Alexis from twenty eighteen about her and Jim suing Shannon and Tamra. Gina can't believe Tarma knows Shannon is telling the truth, but A tacks her for lying.
Speaker 1: Ooh see, because there's ten years of backstory or more that you don't take into consideration at that point and.
Speaker 2: At this point have helped me because my memory isn't great on this. Do we know that Tamra and Shannon have spoken about this since those original texts? Because I don't imagine Tamara has text from twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking. If Shannon has them, I'm sure she had them. I'm sure Tama had them at one point also too, if you're asking me something about six years ago, I may or may not. Yeah, but which part right?
Speaker 2: I would have to check with one of you guys, like we will send sometimes texts and be like hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but if you show someone okay, So, if Tamra doesn't have the text from Alexis right from twenty eighteen, yeah, twenty eighteen. Only Shannon got the text because Alexis had Shannon's number, I could see where Tama would forget it. The exact verbiage of what was said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I also am confused why Alexis had Shannon's number but not Tamra's when Alexis and Tarma were on the show for many years together and Shannon and Alexis were never.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, sometimes people don't have each other's numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean sometimes people change their numbers. That's right. But can we talk a minute about how fans wanted Gina fired and now she's the central force between everyone and the women's she's really good, she does a great job. She's doing a good job, doing a good job. Then Shannon said she made it. Okay, this is this is where it gets.
Speaker 1: This is where I get bogged down into the minutia of what happened, and here here we go, Okay, you're really good at this.
Speaker 2: Well I wouldn't say I'm really good at this, but at this point, I'm starting to get a exhausted by this conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's and it's okay.
Speaker 2: But Shannon said she made it clear to Heather and so Noma that she wanted the conversation to stay between.
Speaker 1: Them, and they flashed back by and that is true.
Speaker 2: She did say that.
Speaker 1: She did say that, and Heather said, okay, I will not bring it to the group to the group.
Speaker 2: Which is code for I'm not going to share it with other people on camera, even though you're sharing it with me on care right. But in that same token, once you say it on camera, it's already freaking out there. So you can play both sides.
Speaker 1: You can like, but you also but you wouldn't because you have the the time. You know what I'm saying. You have time for it to come out later, So it's right, That's how I would do it.
Speaker 2: But then Heather says, this is what happened last year. Shannon already put it out there.
Speaker 1: That's true too. Yeah, that's true too. And sometimes when you're shooting these shows, you have to remember some things have already been discussed and are possibly out in the press. So am I saying it? No, it's already been said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that you know, at this point, Shannon is correct. She chose the wrong person to share that information with. Possibly, I do I think that Heather was doing something that nine out of Otherton Housewives wouldn't. No, No, But I also wonder why she chose I've never seen Heather and Shannon be super close, Like why that would be the person she can find it in.
Speaker 1: You never know why someone tells someone that's kind of you just don't know. I mean, you would hope that it was genuine. Hey, I felt like I could really tell you this, but it maybe it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Or maybe you're stuck and you don't feel close to anyone. That's what I'm saying below hanging fruit.
Speaker 1: Well, you pick somebody that's neutral enough to where it's not going to blow up in your face but surprise.
Speaker 2: Surprise, or someone that normally doesn't cause drama, right but today they did. Today they did. Heather says if she pays John, it all dies away. Shannon Shannon grabs a notebook page with expenses with John during their first six months of their relationship.
Speaker 1: I have to stop you. Have you ever taken notes on expenses of a boyfriend or something of somebody that you were dating? No, and I have never done that, But I want to know, like, like, what kind of relationship do you think you're having if you're keeping score already?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. When I was younger, I had a little Kate Spade notebook and I would write guys' names in it, and then they would have an asterisk by what how far we went? That's completely different.
Speaker 1: We're talking finances starmys kids. I'm scar means, oh my god, dry hump, Oh god, I haven't done that in a while.
Speaker 2: You mean you haven't gotten a chippy. Chippy is like because you dry hump and then it hurts your pelvic bone and then you feel like you chipped your pelvis the next day.
Speaker 1: I did not know this. Well, I usually just get the dick.
Speaker 2: AnyWho she has gone through. But my question is did she write it down each time, like.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what it looks like, or or did she go back in her I mean, that's what I'm saying. Do you write it down like I took John to dinner tonight and it was five hundred dollars and then or did you just recollect? Did you recall all of these expenses and write them down on notebook paper?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't even need to see an Excel like well an at least put it on one page.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, and it looked like it was all rather like you know, like scraps. Here's the thing. If I have to date a man and put our meals or something on Excel, I'm not dating you like, that's not part of the deal. Well, I also that takes all the romance I want. Somebody can feel comfortable with it. I feel good with not somebody where. And today you had a burger and fries, and then I don't want that one drink? Right, and so here's your uber ride. You took a comfort or an ex.
Speaker 2: You know what? No, who else does these kind of things that really bugs me. I'm not naming a specific person, but there are people that you all go. There's five of you that go, I don't like that. And then one person's like, I only had one drink and you had two, So let's maybe you leave the tip.
Speaker 1: I'm like, go, fuck all, you know how I like how we do it or not? I have it this time, You get it next time, Renna has it, next time, the next time, de he gets it the next time. Like that to me is where do we want to go? Okay, well I'll go here. That is fair and that all working. We have enough split the fucking check.
Speaker 2: And if you must split it like I can't.
Speaker 1: Also when you're younger, not as I'm too old to be split in check. No.
Speaker 2: It brings me back to like when I worked at mister Chow and Cia in the mailroom, and I'd be like, well, I can't go to dinner tonight if we're because because I don't have anything. I have enough money I could, I could buy two drinks for the after party, but I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't have a meal. Yes, I cannot have a meal.
Speaker 2: But it also like, you know, I think, you know, going into a relationship with somebody if they're not financially paying the first couple times a man, Yes, that you're doing that, and then you're accepting that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I agree with that. If you go down this road okay, once twice maybe something. But when you see a distinct pattern and you choose to keep going down that road, then you've accepted that behavior and that's the way it is, and.
Speaker 2: Then you have to stop taking note about it. And it's not gonna Sadly, it's not gonna be tipped for tat. I paid sixty thousand in our first six months of our relationship. Now you need to pay seventy thousand for my neck. Like it doesn't it just doesn't work like that, No, But I also want to be like, who does your like taxes and stuff like somebody could have at least given you just a one sheet.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, like, hey, you spent this much money, but also how much.
Speaker 2: Money do you think Shannon would have spent without John? You know, like, I don't know what it's all in meal tab or is this she did she go through each meal?
Speaker 1: You had her go off and I had fish.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So anyways, then Gina tells Jen that she heard chatter about Jen's dress from the teapot.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for Jen in this moment. I just do.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I just do.
Speaker 1: Let the fucking girl wear whatever dress she wants. You, guys, if she goes broke, if she marries this man, that's on her, y'all.
Speaker 2: She's making these choices. And clearly you can tell when Jen is talking, she's not a hundred and this This is not a dig I myself am not one hundred percent confident all of the time. That is human nature.
Speaker 1: I feel it too, But I can feel feel her her energy feeling just so yeah, like she.
Speaker 2: Feels she I don't think we've gotten to see the real Gin yet until maybe it's trying to come out. And I liked that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think she's always stifled herself. She seems like a sweet girl woman. Excuse me, And I feel like she's put a lot of people ahead of herself.
Speaker 2: Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and she looked cute in her dress. And you know what, honey, if you want to buy live your life.
Speaker 2: Know what her dress reminded me of. Tell me Ji's room from Buka to Beppo.
Speaker 1: You know what next?
Speaker 2: Next? Whatever? This is?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what? Uh, Katie, not the Lemit, the Capri Room.
Speaker 2: I'm shower in a living room with Brandy Glanville showing off. It's a dream for the Capri Room. Sometimes I drive by there and I think, I see it's there. Oh God, bless that. And then all the baby things hanging. I love that. I was like, we're gonna do your baby shower and Elpa stay and I'm like yes. And then I had a surprise and booking a fucking puppo surprise.
Speaker 1: I was like, it was a real surprise, and I wore a pink wig and everything.
Speaker 2: We're like, excuse me, can you pass them onto row sticks? You know what's bad? As your friends were there, but we couldn't talk to them. We kicked them out.
Speaker 1: We couldn't talk to Teddy's friends because we had important bist.
Speaker 2: Sorry, guys, Brandy's here, Can you all leave? Can you all leave?
Speaker 1: Parties over? Thanks for coming to the Capri room for Teddy's shower, which was supposed to be an ill pestia.
Speaker 2: Half of my friends couldn't even come to like, we love you, but we're not going to Booga to bubbo at eight a Tuesday on camera to see you. This is a night baby shower. Anyway we do at the Cariom.
Speaker 1: Fucking I cannot lives that.
Speaker 2: Katie tells Tamra that Jen called her the morning of the tea party and was debating returning the dress. Jen called Ryan and he said, I love I love the attention to detail here. She could get multiple uses out of it, sho cousins, brothers, sisters, graduation.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, I'll be honest with you, guys. If I buy something and it's a hefty ticket, I'm like, you know what, not only can I wear this on the show, but I'm gonna wear it here and I'm gonna wear it there and I'm gonna sell.
Speaker 2: But you're lying to yourself because you're not going to do damn it, I'm going to I think like, I'm like, oh, you know what, I'm going to get multiple use you do. I've seen you do it. Well. What ends up happening, which does make me feel good is then I loan it to somebody else and then it gives me like a little bit of of course, relief from the guilt.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think she can wear the dress again, and you can wear it at the wedding and you can wear it real life, and you know what, it's cute on you wear the fucking dress and don't let them tell you you can't wear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then Tarma is confused by what's going on with Ryan. In the past, Jen and Ryan would go on private planes to gamble, and now they're going to Bahamas allegedly and then Vegas. And I don't know much about gambling, you know, I don't gamble. Yeah, even though, thank you Pachanga, I'll be staying there this weekend, I am. I'm going to Slate's horse show. And yeah, they want to learn to play black jet. You know, with my eleven, you're so cheap. She won't lose twenty bucks. I know, she just won't do it.
Speaker 1: Guys, you know, like you know how you could set aside a little gambling budget, like one hundred dollars. She won't do it.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, The loss of control of my finances is a big deal.
Speaker 1: Over. I'm like, okay, well I'll carve out a little something just to play have a good time this one. No, no, no no.
Speaker 2: Also, I don't like losing. And if I'm not going to be good at.
Speaker 1: Something, well, it's not that you always have to go into gambling knowing that the house has the advantage. So you're already if you if you say I have one hundred dollars, you already have resigned yourself to say this either turns into something or I had a nice time and that's it.
Speaker 2: Well I can do that if it's like sushi.
Speaker 1: And right exactly and good right, listen, some people love the chase.
Speaker 2: You're not one of them. Ben, Gina says the whole mammogram thing she doesn't get.
Speaker 1: But hold on, how does she not get it? I was going to say the exact same thing. You know, Heather was the one that said, oh no, Gina brought uh, I haven't had a mammogram.
Speaker 2: Oh I'll go with you.
Speaker 1: Do you not remember Heather saying, oh, I'll go with you. I'll set it. She set it up and nobody and actually she got the worst results, and nobody even comforted her. No one even asked, no one even asked. They were all, you know, well they got to ask everybody, like it's that's just it's just human nature to check.
Speaker 2: In to check in on somebody. If we both go in to get a skin check, right, and you're not like, Teddy, how did it go? And I tell you? And then I'm like, anyways, yeah, right, And I know that, you know, especially when you do these things together. But then Gina brings up Heather's comment about Gina's house on Watch What Happens Live and not defending her, and Heather says she should have told her. This upset her. I feel like more all of the story is Heather's richer than everybody.
Speaker 1: Yes, Heather's wealthier than all of you. So just that's the way it is.
Speaker 2: And she's going to let you know from time to time. So what, but you should still check in on how her mammogram went.
Speaker 1: Even if she's listen, wealthear wealthy look. Money doesn't take that pain of uncertainty away. Money does not take away fear. Money does not take away panic. Money. You know, there's a lot of things that money does help, but it doesn't solve everything.
Speaker 2: It can't help medical.
Speaker 1: No, it really can't. And anyway, No, you might get better medical.
Speaker 2: Treatmentment, but the fear that's surrounding is not a diagnosis does not change. No, it does not. Then Jin confronts Heather and asks her if her dress I can't even just talking about again. Jen confronts Heather, and.
Speaker 1: She's only getting six thousand. The dress was too I was worried about you.
Speaker 2: I was so I mean, Heather, at this point, just say I was being a shady asshole. Just say you know, I was wondering how you could afford it, yeah, or just say like you know what I think until you make more money, like I don't even I don't even know what she should have said.
Speaker 1: But saying that I was worried about you, yeah, is not what it's I mean, it's cute, but it's not true.
Speaker 2: You may need to curate like a better, more believable. Like nobody ship talks because they're worried because they want to. You should talk because we're.
Speaker 1: You only got five grand that dresses too? What are you going to do with the rest?
Speaker 2: Are you eighty seven kids? And right? Are you sure that's where you want to do?
Speaker 1: I'm just asking, you know, I'm just checking in, Teddy.
Speaker 2: Would you like Shannon to do your books? She's got some Nope, spiral.
Speaker 1: Very interesting way of accounting for very specific things. I had a steak.
Speaker 2: Jeout dollar dress can be worn again.
Speaker 1: At the Caprie Room.
Speaker 2: Jen, you want to meet us at the Capri Room. You can wear the dress, then I'll change into it. We'll both take pics.
Speaker 1: Yes, sure, it looks probably cute on you too. You know what, then you know what you can do? Honey, put that dress on consignment. I'm sure there's somewhere out there in oc make some money back on the dress.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: They've already gotten into a lot of conversations about selling clothes out of the garage though, and buying fake clothes.
Speaker 1: This is she She was accused of buying fake clothes. I have a I have a story to tell. So I'm friends with these designers. I'm not gonna say who they are, but they're really cool and they're very wealthy, and we like you know, have lunch whenever they're in town from Europe. And you know what they said to me. You know a lot of women wear fakes things on these shows. And I was like really, and they're like, you know, because we can tell. And I was like, well, it's not me. You're like, it's not me, and they were like no, no, no, but they can tell. Like just say, you know, if you think you're pulling one off, you're not.
Speaker 2: You're not pulling one off. And also if it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Fake, like I am, okay, just say you got it on dh gate and keep it pushing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it on dh Yes said I got a dupe. I got dupe sunglasses from Amazon. Tap my link on LTK and make me some money. Do you have one on ltk? Oh? I do? Do you not?
Speaker 1: You know what is going on with me?
Speaker 2: Get yourself together? I'm sorry, gather yourself I shall god. Shannon brings up the text from Alexis to Tamara. Shannon tells Tamara she has a big ego, and Tama says she's not the one with such a big ego that she wouldn't pay seventy five thousand because she doesn't want to look bad. Tamara raises her hand in Shannon's face oh and says she is done. I know, not once, but twice. I'm done. I'm done. I'm done. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Too much, too much, too much, too much, too much from Tamara. We love Tamar because she's spicy. And what happens is when you go past the mark. Yeah, you get when you go past the mark, you know you've hit your mark. When you keep doing that, then it turns from spicy and sassy to.
Speaker 2: Because then it's hard because even though a lot of what she might be saying could be accurate, it's lost in the tone.
Speaker 1: Well, now it comes about her in this case, Tamra, instead of what she said, yeah, and that that's the problem.
Speaker 2: But then this is all At this point, you're like, this is why I hate when it's somebody's trip, because now Shannon gets to keep saying this is my trip, this is my birthday, and then everybody's going after everybody.
Speaker 1: But it is fun for me to watch.
Speaker 2: I'm But then they then all of the other ladies that are in relationships thought it would be a good idea.
Speaker 1: Well, I hold on before you say this, to call their spouses. If we were on Beverly Hills. We wouldn't have anybody to call. We're all single.
Speaker 2: Who would you text me? Maybe?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean I have a you know I might.
Speaker 2: I'm naked. I excuse me?
Speaker 1: Like this?
Speaker 2: Shut up? I join?
Speaker 3: Do you draw only fans.
Speaker 2: Anyways? They right? I am naked, Eddie says. All of the husbands are significant other's responses. Eddie says in class, if you'd like to use your imagination, I love him.
Speaker 1: He's sweet.
Speaker 2: And Bryan, this was so cute. Is this for me? Or did you meet someone at the bar?
Speaker 1: Laugh? That was very clever, Ryan, very cute. Katie's husband's on the golf course, Tom, are you with me?
Speaker 2: Are you going to respond? And I can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: We can't have your phone on the golf course. Everybody knows that you're not allowed to have your phone. You get kicked out of the club.
Speaker 2: So, but Katie, go ahead and let us know if he ever responded, and what did he say?
Speaker 1: This is also cute. Travis, give me fifteen seconds. I will probably finish.
Speaker 2: Just as quickly. I just want to expectation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really cute.
Speaker 2: I like a funny response. Then Emily says, the game was not made to make.
Speaker 1: Come on, nobody was trying to make Shannon feel bad. It is no big deal. I mean, come on, if you're getting upset over that after all these other things. Really, And then somebody said, text Archie the Dog.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I want to.
Speaker 1: Text Thiago because he was my best friend.
Speaker 2: You're like, I want him to text back, right?
Speaker 1: I do I give anything for Thiago to text back right now?
Speaker 2: Well, if I texted Edwin I was, he'd probably respond, we'll put some clothes on.
Speaker 1: Oh no, ed Way to drop the ball.
Speaker 2: No, he would probably like it, but I probably would decent news no, rat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why are you morally opposed?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not morally opposed. I just like I feel as though if it got out there, if I thought that it was a quality nude that's what I was going to say, then I maybe would do it. Like I mean, I was nude on a billboard in New York for the melanoma reason. It's not that I'm opposed to being news.
Speaker 1: You just want the right look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't want to be thrown. I've seen some really unfortunate raw.
Speaker 1: Very sort of yeah, and I just don't want my picture getting out there.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I think if you're gonna do that, it needs to be smooth and pretty and you feel good about it.
Speaker 2: Then Shannon reads a text from tam Off to Jen from twenty twenty two. Someone sent Tamra's stuff about Ryan, and tamer said, I'm asking my friend's husband if he can do a background check. She then texted evidence of the background check. Jen says it's weird and obsessive, and Jen says she uses their lives to make her life relevant since it's boring. Jen would rather have a little bank account, kids who love her, and a man who supports her than Tarama's life. First question, this isn't in defense of Tamra, but why is Shannon bringing something up text from two years ago?
Speaker 1: Well, it's clearer that Shannon and Tamor are at each other's throats, it gets worse, and that's you know, this is where the friendship starts to unravel. And also too, when you've been on a show, you have a certain amount of trust with your castmates or your friends, and then you start to see that ship away, and that is something that's.
Speaker 2: Like, why are you doing this right?
Speaker 1: I would really have to wonder, why is this happening?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess that's when you're at like complete wits end. But I think, I mean, I was only on three years, but I think I had a after my first year, I had a pretty good gathering on the people. I could tell who my secrets to sure and who I.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure it look as long as they've been on Orange County together, they know a lot about each other, Tamra and Shannon. That's why this fight going in is really interesting to me, because you can I can't, and I'm sure you can too, see all of the unsaid things. I can feel them all because when you're watching these shows, you guys can assume, but we know what's not being said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's not being said? And people are often I mean, I gotta be really honest. A friend of mine the other day texted me that her boyfriend was texting somebody else, and I said, she goes, I don't know who it is. And I said, well, what's the phone number? Did you offer your services? I did, and I found out the answer in fifteen seconds.
Speaker 1: Was it a bad answer?
Speaker 2: I had to pay one dollar ninety nine cents for it, but I found out who it was. So I don't know if that means that I'm an asshole, but like, I'm happy. So if Jen and Tamra were friends or whatever it may be, you want to get somebody away from a bad guy, I'm not opposed to it, spending a dollar ninety nine to do a little check either way, I think, you know what, we would be silly to think that both Tamra and Shannon weren't both discussing.
Speaker 1: They're both doing it. They're both discussing it, and we all know it. The audience knows it, the girls know it, they know it. It's it's what happens on these shows. Unfortunately. I will say this. I want to say one thing about that. It's to a level of degree as to who you're dealing with and how much you need to know. You think you need to know about someone.
Speaker 2: Right, And most of the time, like on Beverly Hills for example, that may be talked about, but then nobody actually really carries it out. Yeah. See, they go a little bit more ham and I.
Speaker 1: Say that they do. It's a it's a tougher crowd down in Orange County.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think a lot of them have I think in Beverly Hills there's a certain level of like, well, I think professionalism you're trying to uphold.
Speaker 1: Of course, you know why, because their consequences outside of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But then yeah, these women don't play like that. Yeah. No, they're like, fuck, this is it, this is our money maker. We're going for it.
Speaker 1: In Beverly Hills. You know, you're thinking about a lot of different things at one time.
Speaker 2: In Beverly Hills, we think twice before texting about background checks. We speak in persons, right, pick up the phone. Then Jen knocks on Tarmra's door and confronts her about doing the background I love it, I love it. I love to see Jen.
Speaker 1: I love to see her like this, her abs, which I was noticing before someone said anything. By the way, your abs look great. You look adorable, and I was so happy to see you stick up for yourself, Jen, Good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then Tamra says she clapsed because tam well, I have a passive aggressive tid. It's very passive aggressive.
Speaker 1: Tama was being very passive aggressive and very sort of like, okay, here you go, kiddo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like the day four the trip you're over it you're done.
Speaker 1: I saw someone who's very experienced, was very experienced, and I loved Heather. Wait, Heather's glam went from wet to like almost completely blown dry. I don't know if you noticed it.
Speaker 2: I did because I was thinking, this fight has gone on for a long time.
Speaker 1: And but then Heather's Heather's head was wet, and then Heather's blow dry was completely done and like.
Speaker 2: And then I kept thinking, you know, Tamara is so probably annoyed that they came in while her lips were still the same color as her, like she was early, and her makeup artists had to stop. It's really good. I was like, this is but this is why Why do people get so mad at a scene like this when this is what we watched for.
Speaker 1: This is what's really happening. If you want authenticity, this is what's happening. Yes, I'm trying to get ready for the rest of the day. Someone busts in my room starts cussing me out, and I look and say, yeah, and you know it is what it is. Then, by the way, everybody had glam, So I'm so tired. Don't talk to me about Glenn.
Speaker 2: But I have to say, you're to blame for that. Yeah whatever, you know what you were though, because before you no one did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I that's fine. I take full credit for raising the bar. I said what I said as a.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact.
Speaker 1: Any Cohen said it too.
Speaker 2: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, step your pussy up if you want to fuck with me.
Speaker 2: Well here's the problem. Now we all go broke buying Buka to Beppo dresses, trying to level up with it.
Speaker 1: But you don't have to buy full designer all the time. Even I don't do that.
Speaker 2: But I think here's the problem. Not everyone likes that. Well no, not everyone has the ability to create looks and I what I don't like is watch a housewife like myself trying to create a persona that I don't naturally have. That is something you thrive on. You love it.
Speaker 1: It's artistic, like it was who I was before I joined the show, right, but now every housewife is trying to do it. Well, you know what I said. Well, how I think of it is everybody needs to find how they feel comfortable. If you feel comfortable that way, and you you really are embracing whatever way you want to express yourself, do that. This is how I choose to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you did set the bar well not I hate to give a compliment, but you did. But up yeah, slip out. Sometimes Jen tells Heather that the only reason Tarmor is friends with Heather is because she is in front of her right now.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that Tamra knows who Heather is and Heather knows who Tamor is. So Gina is not actually giving Pearls a wisdom here whatever.
Speaker 2: See, that's not much I can Yeah, you're like, I know, but we in this moment, I do think we have to bring levity to the fact that we're talking about two text messages, one that happened in twenty eighteen and one that happened two years ago, and that's what these women are having to go off of right now.
Speaker 1: And it's but it's fascinating to me. I don't know. I'm having a good time on this trip so far.
Speaker 2: Something that I do want to say about the pod regardless is yes, some of the women on all of the different franchise franchises are my friends, so of course I'm going to be biased. But that is why there's another person on the pod with me to give their opinions as well. Yes, and that's why you're watching, to take your own opinions and.
Speaker 1: Their own opinions right, and then you can come in the comments and argue yeah.
Speaker 2: And who doesn't have a friend that's going to have their back in some capacity even when they are wrong.
Speaker 1: Even when they are wrong. The thing is that I think people just want to be like, hey, I didn't agree with that.
Speaker 2: And you know what we all do.
Speaker 1: All of our friends make decisions that you're like.
Speaker 2: Mhm, yeah, and you see it and you're like shit, But they know it too. Sometimes they pretend they don't know it, but everybody knows that. We see ourselves.
Speaker 1: Well, we do. Definitely, you and I these worriers, I don't know. I don't want to say everybody else is self aware. I'm not going to give that through it.
Speaker 2: Listen, let's not throw that out there. Let's not throw that out there. Wait till you see us. Yeah. Well, thank you guys for tuning in to another episode of to Teas and a Pod with myself and Erica. I enjoyed the trip. Thanks for listening. See us in London. Bye,