Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the ks Ile pre Shaw Wow. Listen to that crowd live on location here at Poppy's Mexican Restaurant in the Palmar Fountains. You can give it a call an A eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven, Texas at five o two two sixty five six six five six, And is always the case, our pre show is brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington. We're not doing Italian dining today, Shannon. We're at Poppy's Mexican Restaurant, a place that I've advertised for the last year or so.
Speaker 2: Good morning, dude, how are you doing well? Poppies.
Speaker 3: I've heard so much about it for probably what the last six months to a year that you've been endorsing this place. First time I've been here, so I'm looking forward to trying get out and I know it's gonna be delicious, just based on your description that I hear every day when you talk about this.
Speaker 1: Poppies or Pappies. If you listen to the first month of the endorsement.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's one of the other. Like I don't feel like it's just like, oh, it's poppies or pappies. Is it poppies or is it.
Speaker 1: PAPPI Well, it's both, I finally asked Marcos. I was like, why didn't you stop me when I was saying pappies during the commercial?
Speaker 2: Read?
Speaker 1: And it's like, well, I can't tell the difference. There aren't enough vowels, I guess sounds in the Spanish language for him to be able to tell the difference. So we just ran with pappies. And you know what, in some parts of Kentucky it's pappies.
Speaker 3: Well you said poppy Well no, wait a minute, now, you say you ran with pappies, but you just introduced it as poppies.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, I don't even know what it is at these times now.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go with poppies and until I'm corrected otherwise.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, remember.
Speaker 1: Matt's Red State barbecue commercial where Ryan is like coughing in the background the entire time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't cough in the background of your poppiers. It's like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: That brought so much attention to the ad itself that the advertisers actually liked it more.
Speaker 2: See how the ad actually ran They get it here. That's right.
Speaker 3: You call attention to it, and it's called free advertising. You get a little more bang for your buck that way.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, No, it does sound like the mics are still on during the break, but you know what, it was effective. So poppies, pappies, whatever it is. Tomorrow is National Margarita Day. You can get three dollars and fifty cent to Margarita's all day long tomorrow and today they'll have I believe a special brunch menu for everybody that comes out here to the KSR remote.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you wait till ten o'clock before you start dabbling?
Speaker 1: Ten oh one, ten o one until I have that first margarita. I'll wait till maybe eleven am. Then I'll try the Margarite eleven am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eleven o'clock. I'll get through these first two hours. Well then by the last hour, you know, all bets are off at that point.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe it's just me, but Marguerite's hit me quick, Shannon, I don't know they do. That's they wait or see that tequila that they're using when it comes to Margarita's. I'm like, cal, I'm one and done, you know, like that's it like that's all I you don't get the picture and with your significant undo.
Speaker 3: So I mean, like I know, like they coming like the twelve ounces, then they get like the fish bowl, right, oh yeah, And I'll see people drinking out of these big fish bowls, going like how are these people able to walk after it?
Speaker 2: Like you can dunk your head into this cup it's so big.
Speaker 3: If it's so big, I can jump into it and take a bath in my margarita. That's probably a little over overdoing it.
Speaker 1: Here at Poppies, they have the big blue margarita that they can serve they on game days and also even today if you come in now, Shannon, margaritas are popular. But I want to ask you, could you name me the top five cocktails in the United States. I will give you a hint. Margarita is number one. It is beloved by all. I mean, I'm gonna say margarita, Well I'm not Yeah, that's a that's a ghetto. But if you could tell me the other four most popular cocktails, I.
Speaker 2: Would be impressed. Okay, I'm gonna go with an old fashion that is on the list, number five.
Speaker 3: Number five on the list, a dirty martini, A Martini is number two.
Speaker 2: Shake and not stirred by some.
Speaker 3: Don't say I'm not an alcoholic. Uh, let's see, I want to go like the Manhattan. Manhattan is not okay in the top five. Okay, how about a gen and Tonic. Genonic is not there either. I will give it a granberry vodka. No, no, cranberry vodka. There is a Moscow Mules at number three. Okay, white Russian.
Speaker 2: No, white Russian, but that would be on my top five. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The dude picking white Russian. Of course, I'll give you one more guess.
Speaker 2: Uh, this is this is a popular one. One of our advertisers has it. How about Mimosas?
Speaker 1: Mimosas was my honorable mention. It did not make the top five. I think it was seven, I said.
Speaker 2: One of our advertisers, has this?
Speaker 1: The espresso Marrtini? I said, Martini? Did I know you did? But I gave you Martini at too. But Espresso Martini is a separate cat.
Speaker 2: I should have got them both. Umber Martini, Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm technical generous to you today, but Martarita for you personally on the list, probably what one or two?
Speaker 2: Because I know you have a fashion guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, old fashioned number one. I would say, yeah, Margarita's number two. Like, anytime I go out to a Mexican restaurant, you got to get the margarita.
Speaker 2: It just goes with the chips and sauca, salsa, guacamole. I'm a big so big on chariso.
Speaker 3: Big Vegta's guy to love when you bring out the vegetas and it's steaming right there, popping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good stuff.
Speaker 1: It's also brutal when you're waiting for your food and somebody brings fajitas by right, because you're like.
Speaker 2: No, I'm like, that's that's you know.
Speaker 3: I got my margarita, I got my chips and sausa, and now I'm like that looks good.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Well, Poppys has it all here for you today, So come hang out with us KSR will be a little later today from ten to noon, and we'll all get.
Speaker 2: Ready for a busy sports weekend. Folks. We got a lot of.
Speaker 1: Basketball games, a big, big weekend on campus. When it comes to gymnastics, women's basketball, we'll talk all about it. But it is Kentucky and Alabama on Saturday, a rematch game when Alabama won one oh two to ninety seven. Do you think revenge plays a factor in all these kids' minds?
Speaker 3: Shannon the Dude, Yeah, I'm sure it does. I think it's gonna be crazy though.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You know, they're doing a T shirt game, so it's gonna be a white out for Alabama, so expect a hornet's nest down there in Tuscaloosa. And they're coming off a two game losing streak as well, so you know, we kind of talked about, like what are the key points to the game. I think Kentucky's got to win the three point shooting contest. We know Alabama's gonna run, they take a shot. I think I heard Tom Leach say this morning on the Leach Report every fifteen secone second. So that's a fast paced team you got to try to keep up with. And the other thing is like Alabama and these last two losses, their opponents have gotten to the free throw line a lot. So I think it's imperative that if Kentucky wins tomorrow, you gotta be physical down low and be willing to go to the line and take that contact. And then when you get to the line, of course, you got to hit your shots, which Kentucky was perfect perfect, it'tst Vanderbilt thirteen to thirteen. So maybe those two things right there are the keys to the game tomorrow for Kentucky to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: You know, these teams have been scoring a lot of points on Alabama as well. Missouri had what forty nine points at halftime before going on to score one hundred and ten, So I mean it's there, It's just going to be more so is Kentucky's defense going to be able to hold Alabama to maybe under one hundred points. You mentioned Kentucky being perfect from the free throw line, and that is great. It was Amari Williams that played the perfect game in the last one something what Paul Gasol was the last person to do to score that many points. Be perfect from the field, be perfect from the free throw line. I saw an interesting question posed online and I want to get your opinion, Shan, and this was from Justin Rowlan. Who would you rather have Amari Williams or Oscar shebwey Ooh, Well.
Speaker 3: You know Oscar sheboy, you know, is the type of guy to go out there and get to twenty rebounds every night. But Mari, I feel it gives you a lot of other things, like he's not just one dimensional. I felt like a lot of what Oscar did was one dimensional. You know, if you give me back my my other guards, you know that can shoot. I think maybe Oscar sheboy, because imagine Oscar cleaning up what little, what few misses you have from behind the three to get a second chance opportunity. Man, I mean that that's that's a good question. I don't know, It's hard for me to decide. Well, yeah, if I still got Andrew Carr, I may take Oscar just for the rebounding aspect, and I don't think that you know that then you could shoot forty three pointers because you're gonna get the offensive rebound most.
Speaker 2: Of the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I kind of think of like the locker room aspect of it as well. You know, there were some chemistry issues with Oscar. You want Amari to be a leader. He's just a little bit quiet at times. You know, you think Cow system would be perfect for Oscar, and then Pope system would be perfect for a Mari. But Cow didn't win much with Oscar, so I would have loved to see what he could have done with Amari. But you know a regular basis, Oscar was doing things that made you said, wow. Right, I mean, Amari's been a gradual I guess you know, he's been getting better every single game. It feels like being more comfortable in the system. But Oscar did things that made me say, I have I don't think I've ever seen that in a basketball game before. So I think the wow factor, I think Oscar has that category.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 3: But you know, Amri has really stepped up with Andrew Carr dealing with his back issue. Yes, so you know, a lot of teams you lose your starting forward or center or whatever you want to category as Andrew Carr as you don't you know, there's a big drop off, And I feel like there wasn't much of a drop off when Amari came in and filled in. So right now, I like this team as it is. But if you said that you had a chance to get Oscar, that'd be that'd be tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I want to hear from some of the fans on that one eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven Texas at five oh two two six five six six five six. Not only has a Mario started to play better The defense has gotten a lot better for Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I mean, after that.
Speaker 1: Old Miss game, Shannon, if you looked at Kim Palm, Kentucky was ranked one hundred and twelve in defensive efficiency in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Since then, they've worked.
Speaker 1: Their way up to I believe sixty eighth, so much better over these last couple weeks.
Speaker 2: They're gonna need it too.
Speaker 3: I mean, with Butler being out, with Robinson being out, imagine you get those guys back, then your defense is really gonna shoot up, because Butler, of course is a defensive specialist. But right now, I don't know, like I don't know what the timeline is on those two guys. I know I'm a little concerned. As we go, you know, get closer and closer to March, those are guys that you're going to have to have if you're gonna make a tournament run. I mean, you can beat Vandy at home with what you got here, I don't think you can go far in the tournament if you don't get back Robinson or at least one of the two, right.
Speaker 2: Bobbitson or Butler.
Speaker 3: I've already just you know, I've I guess made up my mind that Kirkrease is not going to come back this year. Yeah, I think he's done. I think he'll probably red shirt. But you got to have at least Robinson or Butler back.
Speaker 1: You can't be without, Okay, So if we're picking between Oscar and Amari, let me make you make another decision, then Lamont Butler or jack Robinson.
Speaker 3: You know what, Robinson's been playing a lot better, but you know he struggled a lot earlier in the year too, Kentucky. Kentucky was still able to win with with him struggling. Butler, I think he just makes the offense go. You know, we talked about the defense that we need as well, So I think I would pick Butler between those two.
Speaker 2: I think I would too.
Speaker 1: I mean, we heard Mark Pope call him the heart and soul of this team. And while at times the offense can be staggered in if Jackson Robinson isn't playing great, the defense can be atrocy, if is atrocious if Lamont isn't playing period. Right, So he's just such a floor general. He is so important to this team. But that's why, like Colin Handler stepping up has been huge, right, I mean, that's why Travis Perry starting in his first year as a freshman in a complex offense that Mark Pope has is impressive.
Speaker 2: It's impressive that these guys have stepped up the way that they have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we didn't think that Travis Perry or Trent Noah would have really any minutes, any significant minutes this season, but the injuries being what they are, those guys have been forced to grow up in a hurry.
Speaker 1: Now Ryan has to pick a Johnny Rocker role player of the game for the KSR pregame shows. Now he's got another endorsement, not just Stockton Mortgage. And last game he picked Colin Chandler. It was his best pick of the year. Colin Chandler came in and played great. If I had to pick a Johnny Rocker player for this game, I'm picking a guy that didn't score a single point in the last game, Shannon Trent Noah, give me some sweet Mountain Babel baby angels.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, you are a angel mama.
Speaker 1: No sweet sweet Mountain angel baby, sweet Mountain Angel baby.
Speaker 2: There it is. You gotta get it right. So you think he's gonna have a game to Trent, let it fly man.
Speaker 1: If This is a game you're gonna score one oh three ninety seven like the last Alabama one.
Speaker 2: I want to see Trent hitting some deep shots. I want to see him out there, dude.
Speaker 3: You gotta have contributions from everybody tomorrow. I mean Alabama, as we've said, they're tough. They like to shoot the three. They're gonna score a ton of points. The question is just can you outshoot this team? Yeah, and that's gonna be tough. It's gonna be tough in that environment. I think they can, but I don't think it's likely.
Speaker 2: Gotta beat NATO's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, I mean this guy, he's been complimentary of you in the postgame press conferences.
Speaker 2: But you gotta beat NATO's. This is a good team, folks.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they lose to Alabama, I mean, you're playing with free money, right, it feels like house money.
Speaker 2: Nobody expects you to win this game tomorrow. Nobody does.
Speaker 3: So if you go in there and win tomorrow, I mean the Alabama needs this game too. I mean they're really falling in the sec standings. Yeah they could. I think they could possibly fall out of the top four. It's incredible. The talent in the SEC this year.
Speaker 1: I mean, we sound like a broken record, but it really is impressive and it's gonna be interesting to see how many of these teams make the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 2: But A five nine two A two two eight seven.
Speaker 1: We are at Poppy's Mexican restaurant at the Palomar Fountains location. We've talked about them also being at Chippy Chase above Charlie Brown's and they're drive through location. Shannon, I'm excited to get you to try some of these apps. Yes, the cono ste frios or the the guacamole, which I believe is it made with tomatoes? Is that what makes it so good? G I mean, yeah, the guak I think it's made of avocados. Avocados, that's what it is. Okay, See there's that thumbs up.
Speaker 3: See you know kind of guaca is made out of tomato. That's the sauce of Billy.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I liked, you know what I just they all combined for me. You mix them, you get kisoguaka the kaos made out of cheese. By the way, Yes, yeah, thank you, not tomatoes. Thank you Shannon very much. We'll take a break be right back. This is the CHOSR Appreciate all right, welcome back. It is the KOSR pre Show live on a Friday at Poppies at the Palmar Fountains. They also have a new location coming, Poppy's Quattro will be coming to Citation Point right next to the new publics here in spring of twenty twenty five. So popapanding here in Lexington. They're growing. They're growing, just like a little stockedon mortgage as expected. The text line is split on the Oscar versus Amari debate. One person says Oscar walk great at rebounding, was terrible and pick and roll defense and struggled with length. Yea, and that would be really be an issue for this team that's already not good at defense.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And the other person said, I'll take Amari. Oscar had some locker room baggage, so he agreed with what he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, didn't he like? What was the story again? Like in the locker room right before the first.
Speaker 2: N do the pregame premonition.
Speaker 3: She had a premonition that they all died in a plane crash. Everybody died except him. He was the survivor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a designated survivor decided to tell those guys right before the first NCAA.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: Like, what, why would you say that? Well, he was very open about everything, his faith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like it's okay to be open, but like, we don't need to hear about your your premonition that I'm going to die in a plane crash.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, then that led to more locker room issues, and you heard the divide of Xavier and Oscar and then then.
Speaker 3: That kind of tore those teams apart more importantly, Like if they were in a plane crash, do you think Oscar would pull his phone out and start like recording people.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, that's a great question.
Speaker 1: I mean, is he worried about the lawsuit right after the plane crash or is he more worried about just getting off the plane that could help him decide.
Speaker 3: Matt Jones gonna punch Oscar she Boy in the face? Now, I doubt I don't think that.
Speaker 1: Will you punched Billy r Sports if he was doing it, but not a big Oscar shebway. So speaking of you know, having faith, how about Dicky V being on the call for Alabama Kentucky love.
Speaker 2: It, Absolutely love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be a three man booth tomorrow, Dykes.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to hearing Dicky V. And man, he has gone through so much. It's just great to hear his voice. And you know, as I've said, that means college basketball. To me, that's the big game. When you hear Dick Valtel calling it.
Speaker 2: Couldn't agree more.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think at times maybe we got a little tired of the act, but when he came back after the fight, it was like he was doing it for the first time again. He had such a smile on my face even listening to that one. And now the fact he'll be able to do the Kentucky game. I'll have to watch it afterwards since I'm doing the radio broadcast, but we'll be great to see.
Speaker 2: Dicky V again.
Speaker 3: Absolutely Yeah, He's had a second and third chance at this, so I know he's grateful to be back, and as a college basketball fan, I'm happy that he's back as well.
Speaker 1: Eighth two, two eighty seven, Before we get to the phone's.
Speaker 2: Chin and tell me about Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Draft Kings sportsbook promo code KSR bet five dollars, get one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets. That's the deal right now, Kats tomorrow. What do you think haven't looked at the DraftKings line?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it's come out yet. It usually comes out kind.
Speaker 1: Of after Friday, right, Yeah, Alabama at home.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's close to double digits, but it's not quite. Well, you think the line is double digits. I think Alabama's going to be a seven eight point favorite in this game. Well that's single digits, but you think it's gonna be close to double.
Speaker 3: So listen, I'm gonna say, well, I mean when you say close, I think in maybe nine, but I think maybe Alabama five. I'm gonna say five feels about right. But anyway, when it comes out later today, you can bet it on DraftKings, same game parlay as player props and so much more. Like I said, I screwed up the parlay that I had the other night.
Speaker 2: Well, you went with a nine leg parla parlay, but eight of them hit. I just need it one more.
Speaker 3: Three from Edwards from Vandy who went one of six from three. That's my luck, man, but hopefully you have better luck than I do. Draft Kings sportsbook from a cos R The Crown Yours. If you have a gambling problem, call one eight hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibidy restrictions apply. New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms of responsible gaming resources see dk NJ dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: While we're talking about drafting some big games in college basketball this weekend, Tennessee is at A and m Iowa States at Houston, Missouri and Arkansas battle Caliperi fighting for his NCAA tournament life. Yeah, and then Yukon and Saint John's play each other on Sunday. You know Dan Hurley famously saying do you know who I am? I'm the best coach in the sport?
Speaker 2: Earlier this year, Yeah, Rick better, Rick Better, Rick gonna show him out. I hope you know.
Speaker 3: I think Rick's gonna win the conference with Saint John's, which is pretty remarkable, man. I mean he he just wins everywhere he goes. The guy's just a winner, whether you like him or not. So I think Saint John's wins that game. We'll talk about.
Speaker 1: Two just mega stars when it comes to those two coaches, Dan Hurley and never going to a three game invitational Maui again and best coach in the sport Rick Betino's cussing out his players in the locker room and Vice documentaries. I mean, these two guys are characters, There's no doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that piece of audio that you played of Rick, you know, just going at as players don't don't you know what adversity is?
Speaker 2: Who raised you? I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there was a lot of frustrations built up, and I feel like, uh, you know Beheim and Tony Bennett and all.
Speaker 2: The coach k Roy Williams.
Speaker 1: I feel like he was speaking for all of these coaches that have had to deal with these young kids.
Speaker 3: Now, when you like, you know, look at kin Palm and all these other services that kind of predict what you think is gonna happen, do you believe in that or do you think, ah, it's well, I mean there's just a you know obviously it's numbers, yeah, right, it's it's there's stats involved.
Speaker 1: Well, there's yeah, there's truth in trends right there. There's patterns for a reason, And that's why I think we've all been enamored by Pope and his willingness to go to the numbers.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you know, if you ask Matt, he'll say, you always make the analytical decision whatever the numbers tell you best.
Speaker 3: So Ken Pom says Kentucky will finish in ninth place of the SEC, which would have them playing Wednesday at noon at the SEC tournament.
Speaker 2: They're eighth right now.
Speaker 3: And also, I don't know if you saw this, but they have Arkansas finishing seven and eleven, which would put them right on the brink of making it into the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah, they've got some big games coming up.
Speaker 3: But do you think do you believe in kin palm, do you think Kentucky finishes ninth or do you think they can get eighth, maybe seventh, and not have to play on Wednesday of the SEC tournament.
Speaker 1: I think that's there are two options at this point, right it is looking like that they could be playing that Wednesday one o'clock game, which would kind of be cool, right, It'd be like Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Fans had the place of themselves.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would rather be the eighth seed. Let's get the Thursday Thursday is a noon game. I mean I get that. I get it. I definitely do.
Speaker 3: I don't want to have any chance of going down there on a Wednesday and losing the first game.
Speaker 1: I mean, imagine that is that because your band plays on Thursday night.
Speaker 3: Well, KSR plays on Friday morning, So I think there's there's a couple.
Speaker 2: Of things at plays. No, you're right, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: A five two eight seven, A couple minutes before we have to take a break. So let's take our first call of the day. Cam is on the line. Good morning, Cam, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good morning boy. He's got a much lighter call this morning. It's my birthday today, so I'm happy to share that with my KSR fam. Thanks dude, I appreciate it. I think with this current team, I'm taking Oscar right. I think his vibe would mesh differently with a more mature roster. I think he had mostly you know, the traditional cow team with mostly freshmen on there. I think a bunch of twenty two to twenty three year olds can handle Oscar a little better. And if you remember, he had started to hit that free throw line, that jumper between the free throw line and three point line, whereas when Amari has the ball top of the keep, they're stagging off him. I know he hit a three, I don't know if it was the last game more Saturday. They typically don't defend him, you know, as if he's gonna shoot that shot. So, and Oscar was a pretty good passer, So I think I'm taking Oscar with this year's team.
Speaker 2: Correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Though, it wasn't Oscar's second year like the oldest Kentucky team that they had had, like in the history, and that didn't work out too well either at the end.
Speaker 1: So you know, Cal didn't get much older at the end of his tenures, so there may be some truth in that. I like that angle though about you know, the older guys being able to handle Oscar a little bit better. But you know what, those personalities just didn't match when it happened the second year.
Speaker 3: The other thing is too, I mean, you talk about getting the second chance points with the shooters that Kentucky has, maybe he wouldn't be as active, maybe you wouldn't be getting many offensive rebounds just because of how well this team does shoot.
Speaker 2: So it's an interesting thought, interesting hypothetical. Thank you. For the call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you very much, cam Boy. Would he help on those offensive rebounds Kentucky allows every game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they got offensively out rebounded by Vandy.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, if they didn't have that great second half and in their last game, I mean, the conversation would have been again about how bad their rebounding was. I think of that last play right before the half where they gave up three offensive rebounds.
Speaker 2: There's a house.
Speaker 3: Don Breunner talking about something we were mentioning. What's the Yankees and the Yeah, no facial hair.
Speaker 2: Oh is he getting a pushback for it now? Yeah, of course yeah, he's talking about it right now on TV. There. Well, good antiquated rule.
Speaker 1: This is not the nineteen sixties anymore, Steinbrenner, we'll take a break, be right back.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR pre Show live on a Friday at Poppy.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're gonna allow it. They're going to allow official hair. Oh, look at that, and we'll talk about it. Welcome back. It is the KSR pre Show Live on a Friday.
Speaker 1: I got a good crowd here at Poppy's Mexican Restaurant where there's the one hundred and fifty inch projector TV that.
Speaker 2: We've talked about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gosh, Shannon, you can get a video film done your birthday and they will put that on the TV.
Speaker 2: So, whether you like that or not, that is something they do.
Speaker 1: And the heated patio outside this is a great place to watch the game.
Speaker 2: If you're looking to watch Kentucky games in the future. We were just.
Speaker 1: Talking before the break. It looks like the Yankees have changed the facial hair rules so they allow beards and things of that.
Speaker 2: Sort a stupid rule to begin with. So yeah, about time. Yeah, especially in professional sports. Johnny Damons, like, where was that when I was playing?
Speaker 1: Speaking of sports that aren't watched very much in the state of Kentucky, there was a hockey game on last night, Shannon. Did you watch any of Canada's winning overtime over the United States.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I did see the highlight, and I did see the tweet from Trudeau, their Prime minister too, who said you can't take our country and you can't take our game. I don't know is America trying to take the game of hockey. I thought we were just trying to make hockey great again.
Speaker 1: They're just salty. Donald Trump was saying that we were going to make them the fifty first state, and I think they took that personally.
Speaker 3: But I think you have to choose. We're not just going to invade them. I think we were giving them like an offering.
Speaker 1: Hey, would you like to be the fifty sisty film? And if anybody invaded me, I'll tell you that, of course you would.
Speaker 2: I would like to see.
Speaker 1: Well, tell me if you think this would work in basketball, Shannon, there's a cool thing in hockey.
Speaker 2: Not the fights, because I do enjoy, you know, dropping the gloves in the fights.
Speaker 1: But one thing that's interesting or power plays for two or five minutes at a time. Yeah, another team plays with a one man in advantage. Sometimes it could be even two or three if there's multiple penalties. Could that concept ever work in basketball?
Speaker 3: It has, I guess when everybody's fouled out. You've seen like if you've seen this before, yeah, like in high school or something, everybody fouls out.
Speaker 2: And it's five on four. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that is a circumstance you maybe see once every twenty thirty years or so. I'm talking about more on a regular basis as somebody has an egregious foul.
Speaker 2: Soye, it's a technical. Yeah, technical, Okay, you're not out.
Speaker 1: For two minutes of the game. You gotta play with four guys. Do you think that would be too much of an advantage.
Speaker 2: For the other team?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 1: Or do you think it only works in hockey where you're on skates already and it's already hard.
Speaker 3: Big difference being on skates versus five on four because at that point you just leave one guy at the other end of the court, right play four on four and then just throw it down for a layup.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about you cherry picking up horse. That's what I'm doing. If I'm the and I got an advantage, I think it'd be interesting. You know, you probably see teams go maybe more zone during those two minutes. It could lead to an exciting two minutes. But you know, sometimes the final two minutes can last three thirty five minutes with free throws.
Speaker 3: So we don't need to reinvent the game of basketball. We've already tried to do that. We've already tried to do that with baseball, We're doing it with football.
Speaker 2: I feel like in the NFL, let's leave basketball alone.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Donald Trump, he said the other day that he's going to be going to Fort Knox to make sure the gold.
Speaker 2: Is still there. Yeah, got to make sure it's there. Where did the gold go?
Speaker 1: I don't know, that's a good question. How do you know it's even there? We've got to go check to make sure it's there.
Speaker 2: I mean, did Goldfinger take it all back in the safeties? Like where is the gold?
Speaker 1: It should showed me that gold should be a famous Leprechaun Alabama video back in the day. It should be there at Fort Knox. But you know, how do you know unless you see it?
Speaker 2: Got it? Like Ryan Lemon, you got to reach out and touch it and make sure it's there.
Speaker 3: You got to make sure it's real. Like the monument, the Washington Monument, it's not real. Jones had to make sure the reflection pool was actually real by stepping into it.
Speaker 2: It's a great call. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just just wonder where the gold's at, Shannon, Well, but we'll see if then.
Speaker 3: We'll find out if figure out. Do you think the gold's there? Do you think somebody I think the.
Speaker 1: Gold's there maybe a little less than maybe in a year's past, because you've got to use the.
Speaker 3: Gold right now that we get that Chilean gang arrested. They're not going around, you know, stealing professional athletes, uh stuff out of their house.
Speaker 2: You know, I think the gold maybe would be fine. I think it's still there.
Speaker 1: The Chilean's were going to bear nos after their their heist. I mean they were in southern Indiana where they.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's right. Yeah, I don't know. It's crazy that was right across the river that all this was happening. That's kind of their home base was in Jeffersonville, Indiana.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. They're done all the way across the country and make these break ins.
Speaker 3: And they would also think that professional athletes would have better security systems, would would you not?
Speaker 1: I mean, isn't that well Joe Burrow had his mistress there to be able to call the cops. But what do you what are you thinking, like ring cameras so the the cleaning ladies are Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean if I'm a yeah, professional athlete with a multi million dollar home, I'm going to have the state of the art security system. You know, like Doberman's out there, Oh dob like dog, yeah, like like attack dog, have like.
Speaker 1: A guard side, he has like a post and he's there. Twenty four Was it a Hangover Part three? Did you get that far in the Hangover series?
Speaker 3: I think so where John Goodman's trying to go on there and they got the dogs that are like guarding the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so that would be my house if I were a you have dogs? Oh yeah, well, I guess Matt wouldn't be coming over to your house anytime. Like an alligator moat with the drawbridge that comes down.
Speaker 2: Listen to you. Yeah, you wouldn't be getting in my house.
Speaker 1: So you're getting that two million to retire for the rest of your life and then spending it all on a moat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and dogs, they don't cost that much. Dogs, I'd get Cam. I'd get Canain Cam.
Speaker 1: Canain Cam's expensive. No, I mean, like that would not be a discount being dog. Let's go back to the phones. Joe is on the line. Good morning, Joe.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 5: Thank you? Joemen, you're all the analysis of how to be at Alabama. You're all pretty spot on. Play with no fear and just let it fly. And if coach Os don't like it, that's his problem. But it would be a big victory if we could pull it off. Down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if we do, I don't think coach Os is gonna like it, so that will be a big problem for him.
Speaker 2: He won't like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go ahead, Joe, Well he could take some anger management or something after the game. He'll get over it. And then you got the ladies on Sunday playing l s U. The same strategy applies for our young ladies. Let it fly, And of course Malky doesn't like it and she gets beat. Well, so be it. Let's have a great weekend. And and of course I failed to mention the Libby Duns in town, the LSU girls tonight and the big gymnastics beat and if Livy goes home mad, so be it. Let's have a great weekend. And this went all three of those games. Thanksfull lot, goodbye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Joe. You get women. Last night we went over Missouri, right.
Speaker 1: That's right, seventy three to sixty five win on the road. Clara Strack with twenty two and twelve Kentucky is now twenty one and four on the year, ten and three in the SEC. And Joe's right, they will take on LSU at Memorial Coliseum.
Speaker 2: I believe that game is already a sellout just to see what Kim Molky is gonna wear for this one, Shannon?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that the reason you think everybody's there? Well, just to watch her see the great UK women's see, no doubt.
Speaker 1: But come on, you want to beat a villain in college basketball like Kim Molky?
Speaker 2: Right, probably the only one that doesn't care what Kim Mokey wears.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just like it's a little overrated.
Speaker 2: I keep hearing people talk about that. Who cares? Well, it's just it is wild. Just beat here.
Speaker 1: Let's see if Kenny Brooks can outdress Kim Molky on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Do doubt he will try.
Speaker 1: He'd have to have a lot of leopard print on if you'd do something like that. A five nine two two two eight seven couple open lines.
Speaker 2: Joe's right.
Speaker 1: The UK gymnastics team will take on Lsu as well. I believe that is on Saturday. Livy done a megastar? Shannon, Do you know much about Livy?
Speaker 2: Uh? Is she dating Paul Ski? That's correct?
Speaker 3: Okay, when I was looking one fact, I can't tell you much else about it.
Speaker 2: I know she's really popular big on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Right, It's just It's amazing how you can get popular nowadays.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, do you say that Poppy's had like a TikTok vibe video.
Speaker 1: Has a great TikTok account. It's uh, you know, it's a I think one of their videos has over a million views, right, yeah, almost almost.
Speaker 2: We'll give it to you.
Speaker 3: We'll get there, get the back after this mentioned on the pre show, it's gonna go to like four million.
Speaker 1: But Marco's the owner does all the trends, right, so they'll come to him and say, hey, you need to do all these social media trends, and then they'll bring some business to the restaurant doing that.
Speaker 2: So what is the latest trend? Do you know what that is? Do you keep up with all the TikTok trends?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I just filmed people during traumatic experiences. I try to stay off my phone in other situations.
Speaker 2: Just don't you know.
Speaker 3: The toidepod thing was the dumbest thing ever, right, the tide The tide pod challenge was the dumb that in the cinnamon challenge.
Speaker 2: It was pretty stupid.
Speaker 3: All these trends are really dumb, and most of them involved bodily harm.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I can't endorse that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were all stuck in our house for a couple of years there, and so we had some stupid trends. Bout pull up eight five nine two eight zero two two eight seven, A trend that I would like to continue to see as Andrew Carr.
Speaker 2: Get better and healthier. Yeah, I mean he Kentucky just looks like a different team with a helly Andrew car, does it not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he looked like the old Andrew Carr that we saw earlier this year. And you know, battling back trouble. He tried to go a couple of games and just couldn't do it. And you know, back back trouble for anybody that's had it. Man, it's just one of those things where it just hurts to walk, it hurts to move at all.
Speaker 2: Well, you said it's tough to stand up here for three hours. It is. Yeah, you have back troubles just doing that. I can already fill it right now and we're only into hour one.
Speaker 1: Well, so listen, like these Kentucky players playing thirty forty games a year, you know, two to three four practices a week, running up and down the court, being physical specimens, and then you know us we were doing three hours of radio standing up.
Speaker 2: It's pretty much the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, standing here for three hours and going out there and playing forty minutes in basketball.
Speaker 2: Trust me, the one hours long.
Speaker 1: Enough, So I can't imagine three We sweat like ten pounds out, Just like, who was it a couple of years ago that Cal was saying he loses ten pounds?
Speaker 2: He was that, I can't remember. It's going to bother me. I don't know who.
Speaker 1: Lost fifteen, ten to fifteen pounds during that game because they were just sweating so much.
Speaker 3: Dudey, what do you do? Cut his arm off? Do we have like an amputation.
Speaker 2: That too? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless you're wearing a trash bag trying to cut weight in the sauna like Jake Paul, I just don't think you're losing that much weight.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean when you get in the sauna with your neighbor and you all sweat off. My boys sweat all over each other. I mean, how much weight are you losing in a sauna? And then what fifteen twenty minutes? How are you in there? Not even that? A like about ten minutes?
Speaker 2: Ten minutes? Yeah, So I don't think ten minutes is even long enough to break a sweat, is it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, yeah, you're definitely sweating in there. Speaking of the gym, we're going to.
Speaker 2: Work out next week, is that right? Uh? Two weeks from now, we're setting it up. We're going to do it.
Speaker 3: So whatever day that I'm on when it comes to my my beach body, app you've been talking about this beach body, that's right, That's what.
Speaker 2: I've been doing. Getting ready for spring break is what he's.
Speaker 3: Getting my beach body on. I'm gonna put you in there and I want to see if you can back up. Okay, see if those muscles can back up that mouth, legs, chest, biceps, be.
Speaker 1: Ready, I stay ready, share, We'll see, we'll see. But we are ready here to eat some Mexican food a little later today. Poppies Mexican restaurant Shannon Taco Week is coming up March ninth. All three Poppies locations will participate in different special tacos at each location.
Speaker 3: You didn't even mention this. Wednesdays Kids eat free.
Speaker 2: All the kids. Ah, look at that. That's good.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 3: You know it's like going to rup. You get in for free. You come here, you get to eat free. I mean kids, got it easy. Everything's free.
Speaker 1: Listen, they got it easy. They call in all the postgame shows that they want. They get to eat free. On Wednesday, Shannon Boy, I wish I was still a kid.
Speaker 3: That's right to be a kid again and be able to get in for free and eat for free.
Speaker 2: If I'm nine two two eight seven.
Speaker 1: We'll take a break here and when we come back, we'll wrap things up on this final segment of the case.
Speaker 2: Our appreciated. We'll be right back. Welcome back.
Speaker 1: It's our final segment here on the KSR pre show. KSR is next. This place starting to fill up, so get here soon. A five nine two two eight seven. One person on the text line asked us if we're still trying to break world records, and we kind of gave that up after that pathetic attempt that we had a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I haven't really tried any since that was it in Bullet County. We tried to eat like the most amount of crackers and sixty second teen crackers.
Speaker 1: And sixty seconds and then posted notes on your face and then yeah, both of those we felt epically. I did think of you, though, the other day I was looking well I wasn't from grocery shopping. I say shopping. I was kind of just like looking around, so she was doing all the shopping. I was kind of looking around around.
Speaker 3: But I saw the new version of like orange vanilla coke, and I got it just because I was like, we gotta try it.
Speaker 2: I still think about Twilight Coke. I don't know what it was. I loved it. You loved it.
Speaker 1: I loved it. Now I didn't like the what do we have? The red Hot Mounta that was terrible. The Orange vanilla Coke is not not that.
Speaker 3: The vanilla coke great. Ten out of ten love vanilla coke. You try to throw in too many flavors. Unless you're Doctor Pepper and you got the twenty three secret flavors that mix in perfectly.
Speaker 2: You can't really mix too many flavors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you a cream soda guy? Because I never yeah a cream soda?
Speaker 2: Good? I ever got like a cream soda.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw this, but Tyler Hero is the NBA three point champion.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He also made the All Star team, and he was at Cane's handed out.
Speaker 2: Chicken the other day. I did see that. We see a lot of athletes do that shift.
Speaker 1: But if you could work at one fast food restaurant, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Fast food? It has to be fast food, I think it does. Uh.
Speaker 3: It had to be something that's very simple. So, like you know, I feel like a Mexican fast food place. There's too many things going on here. I need like a burger going on. I like cookouts, you know, cookout they do, like just a few they do, like hot dogs, burgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they do case of das.
Speaker 3: But like a cookout, I feel like would be something I could do because I can actually work the grill a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, expect some late night hours.
Speaker 2: What about you're gonna pick up a shift here at Poppies? Well if they, if they would have me, I would I'd love to help.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if I'm cut out for the fast food life, but uh, but if I did, I think Canes might be a good one.
Speaker 2: I think I'm avoiding McDonald's at all cost them. He said, Poppies has a drive through room, and that's fast food. That's true, So just sign me up for Poppies. Rappido on South Broadway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have that lid on the Margarito lid. And straw still in the wrapper. That's that's how you do it. Uh, let's get back to the phones. Drake is on the line. Good morning, Drake, How are you.
Speaker 6: Doing good?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: I believe it was Trey Mitchell said he lost fourteen pounds in the game.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then also, uh, I don't know if you guys feel the same, but when Brandon Garrison gets the ball in this end, you got cringe.
Speaker 2: Uh. I kind of hold my breath.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, let's not dribble, Like, let's give him one dribble and then make a decision.
Speaker 2: But if he drilled more than once, I don't like.
Speaker 1: What's Well, he's a he's a shooter, Shannon. He's gonna see an open three, he's gonna take it. Yeah, we're talking about Amari making a heave in one of the last games. Brandon's good for maybe one or two a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But you know, like we talked about tomorrow, you gotta let it fly. You gotta play loose right going into that type of environment. I don't know that Brandon Garrison's gonna be my second, third, fourth, or fifth choice. But you know, in a low shot clock situation, you need a shot if he's there. I mean, I guess that's that's the scenario where I'd be okay with him taking a three.
Speaker 2: Otherwise I don't want him taking threes anything else.
Speaker 1: Drake, Okay, I guess he's gone. Thank you Drake for calling in.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Kentucky plays Alabama this weekend. I want to give you your Alabama story.
Speaker 2: Of the day. All right, let's here. You know we do this usually when we play Florida.
Speaker 1: You've heard the Florida man stories and all the crazy things that happens. Here's an Alabama man story. Just a couple of weeks ago, a Starbucks worker was attacked when a man's pet monkey climbed through the drive through window and attack the worker.
Speaker 3: So there's out wow, Okay, in Alabama, there's there's pet monkeys.
Speaker 1: Pet monkeys, uh climb through the window, attack the worker, then just climb back out, and the guy drove away. Still can't find the guy. Ah, I would be careful if you're in mobile, Alabama. They couldn't get a license plate number on that guy or anything. I mean, I can't think that there was that many pet monkeys in the state of Alabama.
Speaker 2: The last time I checked they were still looking for the person. Wow, monkey assault.
Speaker 1: So be careful you're working at that fast food restaurant. You get to that uh that drive through windows.
Speaker 3: Somebody needs to find that monkey and spank them.
Speaker 2: That's a bad monkey. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess you remember the football coach and the stripper and the.
Speaker 2: Monkeys years ago. Yeah, good stuff. Let's go back to the phones.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of minutes left, and John Short has been patiently waiting. Good morning, John, how.
Speaker 2: Are you less?
Speaker 4: How y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Doing great? John? What do you think about the games this weekend?
Speaker 6: Okay, we're going to oligames. We're haven't talk about oligames. Went all the games this weekend. We went in Jim nashas Huney Bigins Night, one.
Speaker 1: Hundred Biggins and okay, okay, John, unless she's not gonna.
Speaker 6: Everyone when in softball we will win. First. We went in masefall By fifteen biggest night in the morning Sunday and softball. I heard the games at eleven o'clock this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah game.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what time that is, John, but I'm gonna take your word for it. Fifteen Biggins, that'd be a run roll.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know we need see that have a Runners is gonna play all nine any so you take him bout fifteen just after just just we don't need one run. Just take me about just to play all nineties off your head, about fifteen or more. Just going and play that on the whole game, and then we're gonna be out man with tomorrow night at five bigons and if Kings million predictions, if rankings somebo prediction and they need to ask me instead of they didn't make the decisions.
Speaker 3: Oh you think Draft Kings should ask for the John Short spread? Okay, well you know what, five biggins. I can see that being a possibility when the spread comes out.
Speaker 2: That's a good spread, John.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody can't take that five bacon see.
Speaker 2: Okay, he likes the five number for both the men and the women this weekend. John, we appreciate you calling in. You're a great American. John, Thanks for calling.
Speaker 1: I do like the thought of DraftKings calling John Short before every Kentucky game to get the line.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, as long as it's reasonable. I don't know, I know I want the unreasonable.
Speaker 3: I think Draft Kings would lose a lot of money if they went by the John Short Springs.
Speaker 1: I want I want John Short to say one hundred Biggins. They're like, are you sure.
Speaker 2: Because we might lose a lot of money on this. Yeah. I think there's a reason Draft Kings is still in business.
Speaker 3: Well, tell me about DraftKings for promo code KSR bet five dollars, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet, same game parlays, player of props. It's all there for you with Draft Kings Sportsbook, the number one place to bet on college basketball NBA.
Speaker 2: It's all there for you.
Speaker 3: DraftKings Promo Code KSR gamely problem called one D one hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKMNG, dot co slash Audio.
Speaker 1: Kentucky Alabama is a six pm start on Saturday, so that means our pregame show will start at three thirty from KS Bar in Grill and Shannon. This is not a must win, like we talked about just playing with a little house money, but if they were to win this one, this would uh, this would really be big with those two guys.
Speaker 3: Out another quad one opportunity. You know, Uh, you got some other tough games coming up as well. You still have Auburn, you still have Missouri. You just look like world beaters on the other road too.
Speaker 2: You gotta play a man. Missouri look good.
Speaker 3: So if you can pull one off tomorrow with a depleted roster, that would be very, very impressive.
Speaker 2: I did like the Dennis Skates move of please don't rush the court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean at this point, half a million dollars going directly to the other school, like the.
Speaker 2: Ryan by the way goes Oh, that would make me more likely to go rush the court. Yeah. Ryan, It's like I'm going anywhere. I hate my school. I want them to get fined. I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, Hey, big thank you to all you guys coming out this morning for the pre show. Big thank you to Poppies who have been a great sponsor to not only KSR, but for me in the pre show. It means a lot, it really does. Shannon, it's Marguerite a time for me. I know you got two more.
Speaker 2: Hours to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, don't don't get too crazy. Uh, We're gonna have one together at noon.
Speaker 2: All right, poppies at the Palomar Fountains ks oars.
Speaker 1: Next for Shannon the Dude. I'm Billy Rutledge. This has been the kosrpre show.