Speaker 1: Yo, what up my peoples, your boy David Oh, make sure you check me out on the Bootleg CAV podcast. Keep it luck one love by this hey.
Speaker 2: Before we start the episode, we're gonna remind everybody, man, we got one of the biggest radio shows in the country, syndicated in almost one hundred cities all over. Shout out to iHeartRadio. All right, some of the latest cities that we've been able to add. Man, We want to give a shout out to ninety three point nine the Beat in Honolulu. That's right, Hawaii, We over there going crazy. I also want to give a shout out Hot ninety eight three and Tucson. Shout out to Tucson going crazy. Also want to give a shout out to Wild ninety four one in Tampa going crazy. We just got Richmond. We also just got the good folks in Bakersfield at Hot one O four to seven. So we're going crazy on the radio with my partner James Andre Jefferson Junior for the Bootleg CAV Show. So make sure you tune in and you can listen anywhere on that iHeart Radio app. That's right, let's get into the interview, all right, here we go Bootleg cav show. We got my guy here Man Global super Star. Just saw him at the iHeart Awards on Monday, Sir David on the building.
Speaker 1: Good to see how you're doing, Man, Good to see you bro.
Speaker 2: When I saw you, Man, it's so crazy because you know, I never saw you live, and I had to tell you last year I saw you at the BET Awards. Okay, you had the BT experience, you had that thing turned up, bro, shout out.
Speaker 1: BT man, and the album is my last album just came out that time.
Speaker 2: But it was just so crazy to see like all of the live show, Like it was like a real come to like a tour stop, you know, because that's the thing. People go to the BT Experience and they're like they're going for like maybe someone's there for sexy read, maybe someone's there for you. So it was like a mixed crowd of people, but they were fucking with you though. Yes, that was amazing. Yeah it was dope, man. But how is everything?
Speaker 1: Man? Man is good?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Just fresh off turning into the album, you know what it is, rolling? Rolling? It out comes out in about three weeks, you know, just just been the vibe, got married lest Dear congrat you know what I'm saying, So just happy to get back to work, you know what I'm saying about to be crazy, how do you know it's.
Speaker 2: Like finished the album? Like how do you like? What is like the final thing? We're like, all right, it's finished.
Speaker 1: I mean you never get to that and you just you know what I'm saying, like I think I edited a song to like last month or so, so you never really get to the point where it's.
Speaker 2: Like, so something got put in like right at the finish line.
Speaker 1: Yeah. To me, it's more of because it's not a period where we go in the studio and like we recorded. It's like I'm always in the studio.
Speaker 2: Like this is your life.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, So when it's time for an album, all I have to do is pick songs that I have record, you know what I'm saying, Pick the vibe. And when we're thinking about the album name and the the theme and stuff like that, it was like, what time is that already? I was like, you know what, my boys like, it's name in five. I was like, you're right, it's the fifth album, right, you know. Five is the symbol of hope. You know what I'm saying, It's my favorite number, my lucky number. It signifies, it signifies a lot of other things, you know saying. So we're like, yo, it'll be dope, you know what I'm saying. We could do a nice rollout with it. So it was just about you know, picking songs. But with this album, I was you know, I used to be a producer. So with this album, I really you know, focused on production. I feel like that you were hands on. I feel like all the nos. Yeah, a lot like into the production, went into the production. But we excited, you know, about to get back on the road again, and yeah we're just out here in elation in the video. Yo.
Speaker 2: When like for you, like taking the approach to be more hands on on the production with your background for this album isn't like like you said, the fans will be able to tell the difference, but for you, is it like because I feel like so many of our favorite artists are so multi talented, like j Cole came in the game producing a lot of his own.
Speaker 1: Shit, you know what I'm saying, Like my first single.
Speaker 2: Producer, it's got to feel a lot more personal to you to put a body of workout that you have your fingerprints all the way in for real, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially when you like, like I'm around a good space now musically, Like I've met some real dope producers, co producers as well writers, you know what I'm saying. So I feel like with this album, it was a lot of you know unity, right, you know that that came into the process of making this album. Another thing I like about it is that, you know what I'm saying, we didn't rush. The album was actually meant to come out last year. You know what I'm saying, We've been done since last year. But my team and I were just like, you know what, let's take our time. You know what I'm saying. That's not rush, that's playing well. You know what I'm saying. The music has always been there, you know what I'm saying. So with this one, you know, we took our time and I feel like, you know, we selected the perfect set of songs. It's about to hear that.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about getting married, because I got married in twenty eighteen. It's a big step in life. Yes, especially for somebody like yourself, who's you know you got, you got so much going on, and I feel like, especially for somebody who's got some sort of public notoriety and a level of success. I'm sure it's a lot more harder to like find that person through all the shit that comes your way. What made you kind of, you know, say this is my soulmate this time.
Speaker 1: I think I'm one of the lucky ones because like me and my partner, like, we've been together for a long time prior to so she's been rocking with you for a month to get married, you know what I'm saying. So we've been living together since we were like basically, so she saw the glow up. Yes, you know what I'm saying. I was a little bit you know what I'm saying, And I met but I was young. I was very young, you know what I'm saying. I was like, well my third year in college or so. Yeah, and that's what we met. Went to the same school. So I think I was it was lucky enough, you know, for us to move in together early, very early, like I'm talking about like eight years before you know what I'm saying. Even getting married, for sure, the transition from it's still different. You know, getting married is still no joke, like you said. But and you know we have you've had three kids. So it's like the transition from you know, living together, first of all, being good friends. I feel like that's best, the number one thing that's very important, and then transitioning to living together, which is a huge step. Yes, living together. And throughout all the time we was living together, I was touring on the Yeah, I was really on the road like every like real, real busy. So I feel like she's always she always understood, like, Yo, this is what I gotta do to work, you know what I'm saying. And she also knows that that's one of the most happiest moments of my life is when I'm working. She knows I love you know, music, just like when she's in the kitchen. She's a chef, you know what I'm saying. I know she loves cooking.
Speaker 2: Oh you got a chef, you're land. I bet you your cribs cracking. I'm surprised you ain't fatter.
Speaker 1: I've tried to watch you with my wife. Man.
Speaker 2: When I first moved in with her, she's a hell of a cook, and all I was eating was Mexican food because she she's Mexican. I like, I put like fifty pounds on in two years. Man, just fucking up my wife's food. I had to slow down.
Speaker 1: Crazy. Yeah, so that transition wasn't too crazy for me. But I'll say this, you know what I'm saying, just having to be you know, being such a you know, I feel like a lot of popular people are real vulnerable, you know what I'm saying. So just having to be careful doing that. You know what I'm saying. Now, this is bind the union for sure. What I'm saying. We had a whole wedding. We've invited everybody from all across the world to celebrate. Where was the wedding at and Nigeria fire. It was on some crazies wounded ship like some mad crazy like it was like a holiday, yeah ja, like that was one of the best days in my life. Anybody flowing from all over the world. So just even looking at my kids, you know, my daughters again older, they got to go to school. My daughters, both of them have iPhones. You know what I'm saying on TikTok, you know what I'm saying. So as we get older, obviously having to be mindful of you know, things we kind of do in the public eye.
Speaker 2: Of course they could see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as well as also you know, juggling the other side of it being a superstar, right, and this is what you actually love and this is what it's been in the bucks and right as well. You know what I'm saying, because when I get on stage, it's like I'm married, but it's like, you know what I'm saying, But you're an entertainer, yes, but she's always been around that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good. That's important. Man.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I'm one of the lucky ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are, for sure.
Speaker 1: Man. Some people meet females and then down the line is like she's you know, females like yo, she didn't know it was crazy like this. And for some people just.
Speaker 2: Right, what's your what's her like?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite dish she cooks for you?
Speaker 1: So I love like just white rice. She makes this killer stew, some stew. I love some nice pepper stew, fish chicken fire. And then I also like she makes a killer all craw seafood, all coral. Okay. With this thing we called eba, it's like it's like flour. It's kind of like mashed potato, bud. It's different, it's different. Yeah, we use our hands to eat it, dip it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she's like any food you could eat, your hands to eat.
Speaker 1: It's always fire.
Speaker 2: Love Indian food chucks to Indians.
Speaker 1: They got figured out over there. I went to India this year actually my first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got good food. Man that curry, man curry. Yeah that curry be hidden yo, something that's dope. Your dad he open the power plan that gave three million people power in Africa?
Speaker 1: Was it through? I don't know exactly.
Speaker 2: I saw something like it. If the capabilities are up to get like essentially helpteen percent helping three million people have access to power.
Speaker 1: Fifteen percent of the electricy that we build them one more and when that is completed, I think we're going to be supplying about if not more, I think the number is like fifty percent.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of like I think to West Africa, all Ninegeria.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure about the number, but like, how cool is that? Because like for people who don't know, I mean a lot of your fans know about your pops. Your pops is very successful.
Speaker 1: Yeah guy, you know.
Speaker 2: But I think it's important to be able to highlight like not only are you who you are, but your family is also like helping a lot of people.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, and I've seen them build that from just being young. I remember him just having the idea. A lot of people discouraged them from the idea because he was a banker, right and that was going so well for him already, so like they said, if it ain't broke.
Speaker 2: Them right, right right.
Speaker 1: And then he just always believes in just a power generation, which is electricity of course, et cetera. So yeah, he's more working on this project. I remember him going to China on trips to get like investors and stuff like that, and then I remember the first one coming, the second one, and then we just getting lit.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know what I'm saying, Like quite literally a lot of people are getting so.
Speaker 1: And eventually they became something the country dependent on. You know what I'm saying, Oh, let me just move. They became you know, the power plans became something the country eventually dependent on. You know what I'm saying. It's just like right now, before all their electric cars all around America, somebody had had had the idea to have a charging station, but like nine.
Speaker 2: Years ago, it wasn't it was it wasn't a thing. Now but now it's no thing, you know, supplying their minds amazing.
Speaker 1: So I saw him just blossom into that, you know, an electricity tycoon that he is, and it's just amazing.
Speaker 2: It's funny too, because you told the story last time you were here about how you were kind of like on the run, kind of from your parents when you dipped out from school. Yeah, do you remember, because you're because with your dad being who he is, like, at what point in time did he fully say, Okay, son, you're onto something with this shit.
Speaker 1: I mean I wasn't there like the exact time, but everybody just had that feeling. I feel like it wasn't even a feeling about him feeling that way. Yeah, I think everybody felt that way. Yeah, like it's undeniable. It was like it was like a mutual feeling, not only in the country and my family, to my peers, everybody, and you're like, yo, you know when you have something, and everybody like they don't have to tell you, you know what I'm saying. So it did get to that point where he was like like I couldn't even really be in school.
Speaker 2: I was distracted because you could have worked for him and kicked it easy, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. But this is what I love, like, this is what gave me them, this is what gave me energy. You know what I'm saying. You know, this is what I was about music. So it was kind of too late by the time, you know, he wanted me to, you know, do something else. But I always say that he was never really against me being an entertainer. He was just big on principally, big big on education, principled. It's it's my family. You go to school, you finish up on time, and there's an office waiting for you. It's just this is how it goes. I'm the last kid of five, you know what I'm saying. So for me, it much happening. You have five kids.
Speaker 2: The first kid they're they're following, they're following suits, and the last kids like, Nope, I'm gonna go sing the last one.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You know, I'm like, I'm gonna go sing.
Speaker 2: And then it worked out.
Speaker 1: Though it worked out, you know what I'm saying. He's very, very active involved in my career at the moment, you know what I'm saying. So that's been blessed to have him in my life over the years.
Speaker 2: Did he get the album first?
Speaker 1: Of course, he's heard everything. What I do when I get the link, Like when I finally decide, like, okay, this is these other songs, Like the album is seventeen songs. So I put a link of like forty songs and I send it to my family.
Speaker 2: Members, the crew, all the homies, Hey check it out.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna check it out there, you know. Yeah, they'll tell me, y'all tell me your favorites. And I use that kind of channel. What's a pick? And sometimes I don't agree with it, but sometimes public opinion matters.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, damn, like maybe I'll ck. Maybe I didn't think that this was gonna make the album, but maybe now it will make the album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stuff like that. Yo.
Speaker 2: You and Chris Brown have like a pretty insane chemistry. Obviously, you guys, you know, nominated for awards together. I mean, Sensation was a huge record for Chris c bat ohb uh, what what would you say? Is like the most cool part about being in a studio with Chris Brown because he is a workaholic. These are Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: You feel like every time I'm there, I just thank God. Like, I'm just happy to have the opportunity to just witness this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and not only to witness this as a co artist, but also to witnesses as his friend, as family.
Speaker 1: Chris amazing person. You know what I'm saying. It's like you be talking to him one minute, this second minute he's doing a badmint on stage. She's like, Yo, this guy's crazy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's just just to have that full package. He can he can draw, he can he can paint, he can act, he can pay, he can do it all right, you know what I'm saying. Just to have that kind of person around you. If that's not inspiration, I don't know what is. I always say it's either Chris Brown or Jamie Fox that are just like the most talented human beings alive. Crazy because Jamie Fox is like an elite stand up comedian, elite actor, e leite singer, and Chris Brown is just elited everything, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying. So just having the opportunity to just see it firsthand, and then and he goes on tour and were performed together, just to see him do his thing and how he just transforms into another person once he just gets in that you know, gets in that mode. Is just amazing to see.
Speaker 2: Man, for sure, I saw you got the new record with y G. Marley out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to y G. Yeah, yesterday he was he was.
Speaker 2: He was out here too. We saw him.
Speaker 1: He was out there. Yeah, he was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How cool was it being able to tap in and uh, you know, do the thing with with Lauren and and and pop out on stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, it was a moment. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Shout out to y G. Marley. Man, Shout out to the whole Marley family. Shout out to miss Lauren Hill, a legend, the Queen. I met YG.
Speaker 2: About a year or two ago. I can't remember where. Oh yeah, I was on touring in Australia. So me and his mom were headlining festival together. Crazy, you know what I'm saying. So I think I got to the hotel and I think me and my boy went to get something by the ball to eat, and then I think I see her band members. I think YG was with him and he introduced, you know, introduced himself. Oh mama here, He's like, yeah, she performed tonight, stuff like that, and then we ended up, you know, shange your contacts.
Speaker 1: And then I think I had the after party after the festival, he pulled up and funny enough, I didn't even know he was an artist at the time. He was just on tour with his mom. And then months go by and I'm on the radio.
Speaker 2: You start hearing his record, And at first I didn't put too on too.
Speaker 1: I knew his name was YG, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't know there's another YG too. There's a G in l A.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I didn't put you in too that it was actually him until I think I saw him a performance. I was like, bro, Bro, and then I reached out to him. I was like, Yo, congress on your record. I'm happy for you, you know, just like you know a normal person would do. And I was like, Yo, we gotta lock in. You know what I like is the bringing together different cultures. I felt like there's been a drift in between Africa and the Caribbean, you know what I'm saying, And that's real.
Speaker 2: I feel like back then, I think, because like you mentioned, like like how how big is what you guys are doing in like Jamaica huge? Because I was in Jamaica and we were at a club and I was here in Afro be huge. I just can't hear Santo. It's all kind of the same bpm.
Speaker 1: So it's I just came from Trinidad Tobago. You know, the music that's like Soca is different. But they playing afrobeats out there. And then I've done trips. I have big songs of popcorn, you know what I'm saying. So I always loved that side of town. I love the Caribbean, I love the people. Me and my wife take vacation every year. I love that Red Snapper. You know what I'm saying. Me and my wife take vacation that every New Year's you know, at the same kiss, we'd.
Speaker 2: Be like island hopping.
Speaker 1: You know, last day we did Bahamas. The year before that, same kids birthday we did on Tigo bag and I collaborate with a lot of Jamaican artists.
Speaker 2: I got two Jamaican artists on my album. You know what I'm saying. Sancia four p. Fifty shout out to Shensia. You know, he's one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Like I was saying, I'm just happy that the connection between the Caribbean and Africa is kind of piping up back together. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I went to uh Montego Bay for the first time with my wife like two months ago.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: We jumped in, We jumped in a boat with some rostas and they took us to an island and they cut lobsters on a rock for us that they just caught and it was good. I was smacking.
Speaker 1: The food is so good, so good, amazing.
Speaker 2: That jerk chickens it's so spicy. But that should be fucking you up. Man, you had a jerk ticket, that jerk chicken, you'd be like, you'll be sweating. You've been so good, so flavorful, man, especially the ones like on the side of the road. That's the only way to go, is the ones, not the ones at the resort side of the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Killer, And if you ain't waiting thirty minutes for your food, it's not the spots killer. You mentioned. Chancia is on the album, obviously, why Mary's on the album? Is there anybody else on this project that you could talk about three weeks away?
Speaker 1: Definitely Victoria Money. Yeah, we got a bigger I'm actually here. She in the video tomorrow with her. She's amazing, you know what I'm saying. She's amazing. I'm mad at the Grammy's last, not this last Grammys, the Grammys before and I actually did, uh. I did like a panel with a producer, d Miles, amazing producer.
Speaker 2: Now she's incredible.
Speaker 1: And then we just linked after that, you know, DM there like, yeah, I loved her record that was on the radio at the time. Yeah, no, that one and thinks she had another one.
Speaker 2: She's got a lot. I mean, she's she's out of here.
Speaker 1: And she was. It was dope, and I just I like challenging myself. I was like, I like when people be like, yo, what would the Victoria Mo name DAVIDO sound like? That's weird, Like you know what I'm saying. Then it come out You're like, yo, this is all you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, we got an amazing she got an amazing record on the album with me.
Speaker 2: You just pronounce your name DAVIDO. And I've always said that, But when I first met you, you said David Oh, So fucking I'm confused, David same thing. I know, I know, but I always say DAVIDO. But then when I first talked to you, you said, David, Oh, my name is David. So I just want to make sure where I'm not. I'm just going based on what he told me last time.
Speaker 1: Right, you're getting it right, all right? All right?
Speaker 2: Who is your like? Uh? It just you're like if you had to before before you decide to hang it up man and kick back and relax. Who's that one artist that's kind of escaped you in terms of collaborating with.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm in contact with most of them that I really want to work with and to definitely want to work with Rihanna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You just got to get we got to get her out of retirement. Man.
Speaker 1: I think she's working on some news I sure, hope.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we've been hearing that for eight years. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Crazy how she did an interview and they acting like, Yo, what's your favorite song? Or yeah she liked my song.
Speaker 2: She was like David on Available, that's amazing. So since then I've been like, so now, I mean you got the end now. So if she's a fan, I mean that's half the battle.
Speaker 1: To you know, get in the studio. Rihanna definitely Drake, who else? Billy ailis for sure? Bill? Yeah, I feel like we'll do something dope.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like, right now, Drake's skippable you can. I'm just saying I feel like, right now, Drake's Drake to me. No, I feel like he's also always kind of been like extremely like uh like he's pushed the genre like in the US, like a lot of people heard a lot of afrobeats artists first because of Drake.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yeah, and you gotta give it to Chris Brown too, right for sure, Chris Brown. You know what I'm saying. We just did the stadium in South Africa.
Speaker 2: Crazy, No, for sure, I just you know, I'm much just like definitely Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: Drake definitely beyondest did the album with a whole bunch of African artists as well. So yeah, American artist always been shown love. Definitely.
Speaker 2: I love it man for you because obviously this is album number five. At what point because we see a lot of artists, man, like I just saw the Rolling Stones are still toring and them dudes are like eighty years old and they're still fucking ship up.
Speaker 1: I heard it.
Speaker 2: I heard Mick Jagger still getting it in. You do you even think to yourself, like, man, I'm gonna do this until because you got kids, you got a wife, you got a lot going on in life. Is there like a are you just gonna as long as you're inspired? You're gonna do this as long as you love it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, Like every time, I remember when I used to be like, you know what, I'm thirty five, But now it's like it's like, like this is not like energy, the vem is coming in, you know what I'm saying. And then even for the culture afro beats music as a whole, it's like on a whole other level. For sure. We've been doing this for thirteen years, you know what I'm saying. Sometimes it takes some people two years. Sometimes it takes some people, but it's gonna get there. But I don't think I foresee me ever, you know, saying like, yeah, I think I want to hang it up. I always enjoy music, no matter if I'm the president of a country, I'll probably be doing shows once a month for the people.
Speaker 2: Like, are you trying to tell me you're gonna run from It's just an example. Eventually you probably could Why not?
Speaker 1: Why not? I mean it's not in my foreseable future.
Speaker 2: Could be like thirty years down the road, Let's see could you imagine you're perform at your own inauguration?
Speaker 1: Crazy, that'll be dope.
Speaker 2: That would be insane with like an.
Speaker 1: Official presidential band, you know what I'm saying? Crazy dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it had to be wild. You never have to pay for security again. You just got security dogs called the army. Hey. I always wonder what is it like because you you got to work with Nicki Minaj and Nikki's to me to go her and Lauren obviously, was that somethinghere you guys worked together in the studio or was that somethinghere like you guys were sending emails?
Speaker 1: Crazy thing. I never met her, You never met Nickki crazy feak on the phone and all that. Definitely. The first time we link was through DM. I think, what a lot did happen? I think I just damned that. I think I noticed that, oh she was following me or something like that. I think I just DMed her and she actually replied, like I woke up to the next day. I'm like, yo, she actually hit back because I was just I think I was like, yo, I got a hit for us or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I text her and I'm like, well, this is crazy. This like, is this in two thousand and nineteen? I think yeah, no, no, no, like twenty twenty, right, and then yeah, I text her the record and like two days later she sent me the first back, no hassle or nothing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And then two days turnaround, Its not bad for her.
Speaker 1: Crazy and man, this is COVID, bro, and this is when everybody's stuck at home for sure. So I'm in Nigeria, I'm like, yo, she's She's like when you have an artist that's giving you, Like it's like Nicki Minaj is replying you, like back to back. It's like she wants to do this record. We gotta take that opportunity to him. Like, man, I'm all the way in n jeried like I'm meant to be Yeah, Like damn, we're not able to shoot this video. I'm thinking, like, so then we get the jet. Yeah bro, nobody's flying bro.
Speaker 2: During COVID. So it was it was quiet. Airports were closed.
Speaker 1: We get to fly from Legos, get to LA and then we minut shoot the video. Everything was planned and then you know she was about the inho, was having her baby and stuff. She just didn't work out to a point, it didn't work out, but you know what I'm saying, We've always been you know, love and she hit me again. We did a record last year, Yeah, for her pink Print I think anniversary album. You know she's always like tapping in the amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yo, ni Ki, you got to close out the World Cup a few years ago, which is like one of the biggest honors there is. Uh was that the most Like? Is that the most nervous you've been for performance? Just kind of knowing that, yo?
Speaker 1: I wasn't. I don't want to say disbelief, Like even when my management got the told me about it. I'm like the World Cup, like the.
Speaker 2: Main walk the World Cup, World Cup, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yo, let me a lot to you. Probably like two weeks a week before is when it set in. I'm like, Yo, I'm actually doing the main show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like not something like you know, you know how they haven't even hell events all week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm like, you know what I'm saying. Then, like two weeks a week before, when we get into emails and they're showing us the stage, I'm like creating the production all that, Yo, we want them to come out here. We need them to come a week before for rehearsals, and then seeing the other artists that was performing me, all global superstars that have attained amazing things in their careers.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, I mean just to be you know, in elected for Africa just like amazing. I grew up watching the World Cup, of course, you know what I'm saying. So that was an amazing experience. We got to Qatar and just even doing the rehearsals, I'm like, Yo, this is really happening. What is your favorite place outside of Nigeria to perform? Is there a place that you just loved? Like, man, I know, I know they love me there. It's lit every time.
Speaker 1: It's lit everywhere, man. But London, London, London is crazy. Toronto, Toronto, Yeah, Toronto's crazy. Paris Toronto such like.
Speaker 2: A multicultural sale too. Toronto I've never been. I heard that like Toronto will give anything. Now I heard her give any city run for the money in terms of like the beautiful women that are there. I heard it's like Miami, then there's Toronto and then obviously you.
Speaker 1: Know, I mean every raining a lot, you know it'll be cold, but Toronto's lit. Bro, It's like New York, you know, a little New York.
Speaker 2: I might go out there for the Kendricks.
Speaker 1: And it's really multi culture culture. I love that about it. My shows a bit Jamaicans, you know what I'm saying, Asian, right, Indians, everything like, apart from Africans.
Speaker 2: So when is the actual album coming out? What is the exact dame April eighteenth? Aprils out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, eighteenth. We're doing we better roll outs, like kind of I can talk about the five stops we about to do five like up close and personal shows with the fans. Five stops. I think Atlanta, New York, Paris, La, what else, London? So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So five shows for for the album five, yes, tapping in with the with the fans.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then probably after that we're gonna announce a tour. I love you what I'm sayings tour on the way. Yeah, we got a little summer run festivals. I do the London Stadium in June July. I do the London Stated in July. Blood Damn, that sounds crazy. Fifty and married, Yes, sir, what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds like a stadium show right there.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Well, look, congrats on the new album April eighteenth, go support it, looking forward to hearing it and uh yeah, man, keep doing, keep doing your things.
Speaker 1: Got to get you. I think I said this last time. We got to get you. You ain't been in Toronto. You gotta come to Africa.
Speaker 2: How do you come to Africa? Yeah, all due respect to Toronto, I'm trying to come come out there and fuck with you.
Speaker 1: Man. If you like him on Tegovill, you definitely like Legos Man, I'm in there. We don't claim that. We gotta we gotta arrange that.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: My guy got arrange that though. Thank you very much, sir, God bless you, sir