Speaker 1: You're gonna motherfuck everybody, and that's not our fault, it's your fault. Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Hi doll, Oh my god, I look like death. Well you don't, don't you don't. I look purple.
Speaker 2: I was just saying, because we're just jumping right into it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I am today because this is.
Speaker 1: My shirt that came out of the dryer, and you know I'm a big vintage tea gel Oh keem go.
Speaker 2: Hi, welcome everybody to the pre game.
Speaker 1: Hi, welcome. Ten minutes of fun. What day is it? It's not important. And then for the big show we will get into more of all the activities for the week. But I said, before we came on, she said, you were saying, why am I talking for you? You were holding Mac and oh. Our boss called, and I was trying to be a good mother because I just got home. I've been gone for four days in Philadelphia and I just got home and I was like, okay, I'm home for an hour and a half before we have to do the podcast and be really present. Well, the boss called, I don't want to like be like throw the kid to the nanny. So I'm trying to, you know, do what mothers do and just do two things at once. And while he's talking to me about business, Mac pisses himself and then he puked.
Speaker 2: Oh my shirt, So whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I just put out this little whereby EA pullover on that'll mask all puke and piss and stay fashionable and comfortable, all while rooting on your team at the same time. Go to NFL shop dot com or fanatics dot com swipe up what up girl? Okay here, I'm going to pull up our pregame questions because I haven't even done that yet, so I'm excited. Okay, you start go grump Pass sixty nine. I don't know if there's a hidden meeting in that, because I'm terrible about this. Would either one of you like to do an overseas game, Yes, you got to do one with my crew?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I did a game in Life London years ago because Aaron was working baseball and football and so I filled in for her and it was so much fun. They still say it's one of their best games ever. And I was like, fine, we'll just ask her to do this season. Then you don't need me. Fine, I heard two things. She had great outfits and a lot of luggage. Well that was because there was a time in my life I had a lot of baggage. Those were emotions in that second bags were stolen. Who exactly? I'm still waiting for that coach to be a return. I hate Mercury. The game was fantastic, but I would love to do a game in Germany. You guys, you have to how come you haven't had one since then? That was like a decade ago that I filled in for you. I'm not sure what the wait for it logistics are, but for some reason, the NFL network is doing all of them. I don't know why we don't get them. I will tell you what was pretty great though, and we could talk about this on the Big Show. Was that woke up on the East coast. We got an extra hour of sleep. I'll get in to our dinner festivities on the Big Show.
Speaker 2: Wow, Aurora on third. I'm sorry Aroma on third, but I hold up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I woke up on Sunday morning and the game started at nine point thirty. We had an extra hour of sleep. All of us were in our jammi's in the meeting room watching it.
Speaker 2: Together. It was so fun. Oh that's really cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, save the good stuff for the big show, because that'll just make you guys tune in on Thursday. Here we go pregame ten Minutes of Fun where we answer your guys' questions again. You can submit anonymously if you do not want to list your actual handle name. Captain Bigwood has a question for us, Yeah, he does. Can rival fans date Eagles fans and Coboys fans? Yeah, of course. It's like if your house is like divided, if one's a liberal on's you know, a Republican. I feel like that might be a little bit more difficult controversial in terms of politics. But yeah, I mean they always call it a house divided. I remember, I mean growing up in Seattle, it was like half the house of my house was washed and huskies and half of them were cougars, so not actual cougars. Me like, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, Washington State. So yeah, great, thank you can. No, I'm fine with it.
Speaker 2: Also.
Speaker 1: Side note, music at Eagles games fire just fire, Like the atmosphere great, like just the lights go off after a touchdown and you're like, oh my god, what's going on. It's just great you got Dom. The security guard shout out to Dom with the eagles. It's just the fucking man, like.
Speaker 2: What's dobup to Dom? Spirit right?
Speaker 1: Getting us hit our restaurant reservations? His wife on the sideline, it comes say hi to me in her ct cute little teddy bear dress with her little Swede like boots, and I just eagles are great, but I mean so were cowboys. But it was just I hadn't been there in a why it was fine. It was a good time, really cute.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, So the answer to that question is sure, you can't.
Speaker 1: Sure? Next Oh, I'll let you handle this one, Okay, Chris Vaspin, when do you start decorating?
Speaker 2: My beauty has already done it? When did that go up yesterday?
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you why I already I First of all, for the last few years, it's been well documented, I have been the Grinch who stole Christmas, and I've been very unhappy in my life. So now that I'm happy, it's joy to the world in my falla la la lackhup.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to be gone and busy the next few weekends, and then I leave for Thanksgiving, and so I'm like, why am I gonna be smart?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: So on Saturday, I said Steve, we've got half the day. Let's go out that cherry out of storage and let's just get going. We ordered eggnog, we got a little tip tip tipsy and decorated together and we had the best time. And it's fucking seven hundred degrees outside and my bikini.
Speaker 2: Literally, I was like, shut the doors and turn on the ac. We're gonna pretend that it's freezing inside this house. But it was.
Speaker 1: And so now all my decorations are up. I don't have a ton, but like, I just feel like I've already like I'm gonna be really organized this year. I'm gonna get my Christmas shopping done early. I'm gonna do everything because I just I'm over rushing around and then you know that feeling I'm Gonnactually, I want to save this with the big show where you're rifling through shit looking for gifts because you found that one gift for someone. Now you're like, I know there's a bottle of wine around here somewhere that's not ten dollars.
Speaker 2: But I went on.
Speaker 1: My for my six hour flight today, which I feel like I should be in Paris by the time I landed, but I was at Lax. I looked at Oprah's Favorite Things list to start getting some mykeyas going. I got already one idea for mom and dad, but it's not very glamorous and I can't say what it is because my dad is an avid.
Speaker 2: Listener, So there you go.
Speaker 1: I also love when Steve Andrews text us suggestions of shows to watch and you never reminded.
Speaker 2: Oh she got on the side.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, I didn't because you asked on the podcast. It was so cute. So our health slights are going up this week. Jared asked me when I was on, said is it too soon? I said no, it's the same way. It's like it's November, What the hell is it?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 1: And before we know it? I mean, yeah, it's not so early. You gotta do it. No, the half half happiest.
Speaker 2: No one's going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Christiano one oh fives it ends, Thank God, cut them or leave them be. I'm so glad you asked this question because my hair is soaking wet right now. I finally drug my ass the gym because I haven't been going and I've been just like not feeling the best, and so I was like, all right, get your ass to the gym. You're paying for a membership every month.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So I just did a circuit. I did twenty minutes on the on the whatever staremaster thing. I did twenty minutes intervals running back and for like I do the speed up, speed down, and then just some weights, and I was it's disgusting how out of shape I am right now. Anyways, I took a shower and I remember thinking, I was like, I have to tell you about this on the podcast. I'm at that point in the season which I get bored the way I look, and I was about to I was like, if I had scissors up here, I'm Chris, look at all this breakage that's happening with the story of my life. And I was like, you know, why don't I just cut bangs. I was like, they're so cute on some people, you're gonna hate it.
Speaker 2: I already have them.
Speaker 1: I know I'm getting them too. It's from my breakage as well. Oh my bang is great, she missed. So I was like, you know what, Thank god, I don't have scissors up here because I would have had to explain to you.
Speaker 2: I know, but look at this.
Speaker 1: Make rose for your present. Don't cut your hair. Stop being crazy. Don't do that because I already know what's gonna happen to me. It's gonna be in your eyes for Thursday night football and you're gonna be pissed off and then you're gonna have to wear wait for it, a bret to hold it back, and you're gonna be annoyed and you're gonna motherfuck everybody. And that's not our fault. It's your fault that you cut them with kid scissors. All I can think of is Kelly Stafford when she cut bangs last year and we both said to her, what were you doing?
Speaker 2: And then now this is where I'm at. Don't do it for the way I look. I'm okay. Then change your nail color. Were a bigger hoop. Don't fucking cut your hair. Are you insane? Put that down? Put it down.
Speaker 1: She knows me so well. All I wear is hoops and change the nail color back. All right, Well, don't left my own devices. Steve is out of town, and so it's like, right now, I'm like, what else could I do?
Speaker 2: Don't you dare? Stop it all right?
Speaker 1: Cow friends col met, I don't know, friends call me dray oh jes, why.
Speaker 2: What about dry?
Speaker 1: Any advice for handling questions from family about finding a husband or having kids? Tell I'm to fuck off, but no, it's just a la la la la la la. Who no one's going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Bend over and I'll show you.
Speaker 1: This is so touchy. I'm so lucky because my parents didn't bug me about it. They just were like whatever. My parents said that when I called them and told him I got married, they go whatever. And then they said the same thing when I called them and said I was getting a divorced, they said whatever. Whatever's there's just literally like whatever with this fucking chick?
Speaker 2: Will my cup bangs? Whatever? So you think your brad pitt whatever?
Speaker 1: Whenever?
Speaker 2: Shouldn't I w that lyric?
Speaker 1: Ye? Anyways, I my parents are not that my I feel very lucky too.
Speaker 2: They're just happy like that.
Speaker 1: I'm alive still at this point, so I never had any of that nagging stuff. But you know, you see all the movies or like any of that stuff where it's like the parents are all up in your business, especially like moms like, when are you getting married when you have a kids? So sorry, friends, call me Dre. I got nothing for you there. All I would say is this is just be like, I'm on my own path, and the more you press me on it, the longer it's going to be, and the more frustrated I'm going to get.
Speaker 2: So please just let me do my own thing right, the more anxiety you're giving me.
Speaker 1: My dad one time tried to give me advice on dating, and I said, Dad, I take all your advice. And I think I've said this before. I said, but I'm not going to take your advice on dating. You met mom when you were eleven years old. You guys got married when you were eighteen. You have never dated, so I'm not going to take advice from you in a category that you have never experienced.
Speaker 2: So call me Dre. I would say, tell your.
Speaker 1: Parents to relax. I feel you what else we got here? Lisa man A Lisa in the culture. Wait, I have a little story. I can't give up the name or likeness is that it anyways, But we have somebody on our crew that's a little older that's dating and he's dating a girl kind of the same age in the forties, so that's me. And he was saying that this experience is a little interesting because she's very forthcoming and very blunt with questions. She wants answers to things like tell me about and he's like, this is like a lot of all at once. And I said, you know what, I don't blame her. She's probably like, I've been doing this shit for a while. I want to knock out the crap. I want to go through my checklist and see if you're worth the time all the things. I don't have a lot of time to waste. I was like, this is what happens when you don't date twenty year olds.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know. I was into it.
Speaker 1: I think that's totally fine. We ain't got no time to waste it that much. I agree, But.
Speaker 2: He's used to dating younger girls. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I would equate it to this when you go to the doctor office and you're filling out the questionnaire. Do you have family history of this? Do you have any you know, have you had any surgeries? Have you had any this? We're just getting all the information out there. Why are we making the doctor guess what you have or you haven't had in your life.
Speaker 2: Right now, I don't blame it.
Speaker 1: So we can give the best diagnosis, okay, and create a clean bill of health and you can have a happy relationship because I'm going to tell you from experience what I don't want to have happened. I don't want you saying that these wedding rings were free and clear of debt, because they're not. And then I'm going to find out later that you took out a loan. So let's just put all the information on the table and then I get all the sirens on a table or out, and we got a full house and a royal flush. So yeah, take that double down and circle around fuck that, yep. I need full transparency. Lift up that hood to the car. Is this a lemon or is it not? I know we make lemons out of time, but I want to answer this question because I feel strong about it.
Speaker 2: Lisa van der Veer, nail Salon's awkward or relaxing.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you the asshole that busts out their phone and talking on it at the nail salon, can you just like read the room, put the thing away, do the quick little whisper I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm getting my nails done. Can I call you back?
Speaker 1: Like like stop, I don't want to hear. And also this goes right along with the girl that's facetiming but doesn't have headphones on, so I hear the other person's conversation. I'm not interested. I'm in a nail salon. I want to close my eyes for five seconds while they're ripping the shit out of my cuticles and asking me if I want my calluses done and I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyone that does, because you know what, I just don't. I don't want anyone shaving anything in there. All that thought, I have so many things to discuss because you know my affinity for a nail salon.
Speaker 2: Join us on the Big Show for.
Speaker 1: All things Palaces, dating in your forties and lifting up the hood to find out what's under there. And also I'm going to tease something for the big Show. I got a little something something I'm gonna be on next week and I'm excited for everyone to watch.
Speaker 2: End of view. So check out the Big Show so I can tell you where I'm going to be.
Speaker 1: Now you need to tease this hair, all right, Bye. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.