Speaker 1: All right, okay, we're having a loft meeting. You guys, you know the drill. You send in your questions, your concerns, your theories, and we address them right here on the loft meeting.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hi, Hannah and Lamore, and my name is a Parna and I am a huge fan of both New Girl and the pod. I've been watching and listening to both since their inception. I too use New Girl as a comfort show. I rewatch it so much I'm sorry to say my family rolls their eyes when they hear the intro or when I make a New Girl reference in everyday conversations to Hannah. I was so excited to finally see Indian women represented in such a cool way. I grew up in the States and never saw Indian women on TV. CC is such a badass, and I appreciated that she's American. Growing up, people always question my nationality, but Americans can be brown people. Thank you for your performance of CC. I definitely wish I had a CC in my life, and Hannah, if we ever hung out, I'd be down with some wine and puzzles. Bonus points if it's a New Girl Meseronne puzzle hint, hint too, lo morn. I'd regret it if I didn't say to you showed me what that thang do?
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Your performance of Winston was so funny, even beyond the popular lines people quote. Sometimes it was just a look you would give that would crack me up. And I love that Winston found Ali. I can't wait to hear your recap of your time with the scene pajad Okay, okay, okay. I have some questions. My first is to both of you, what's your favorite type of music? I realized it might be passe, but with huge music stars like Prince and Taylor Swift on the show got me wondering what the two of you listened to. And finally, I was rewatching the episode Cruise, episode twenty three of season three. At the end of there's a picture of the group after being locked up for days in the cabin. My questions are about how Cec is looking at Schmidt. What was the direction for that shot? Why do you think Schmidt brushed it off instead of pursuing Ceci right then? Meanwhile, I love how Cec chases after Winston as he teases her seriously. I love the friendship between them. Okay, I'll sign off, but thanks so much for your time. A new girl and an extra thank you for this podcast. Loved you both. A Parna from Tucson, Arizona.
Speaker 4: It's it's.
Speaker 1: I've only known arpanas orpanas.
Speaker 4: Whatever it is.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful and a lovely, beautiful note that she wrote to us to Shotty what that thing do line?
Speaker 4: It's so near and dear to me?
Speaker 3: I uh I wrote that in an episode or I improvised that one of the two.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for I can't wait for our recap within the scene as well. I haven't talked to her in a little bit. People will stop. People are starting to wonder if we broke up.
Speaker 1: But yeah, your favorite type of music, hip hop.
Speaker 4: Is my numeral? Who know hip hop?
Speaker 3: I'm a Lil Wayne guy. I love Lil Wayne. Drake is dope, and you know I like some old school hip hop as well.
Speaker 4: Wu Tang do you tang?
Speaker 1: I feel like there's like an like a divide now, like can you listen to Kendrick and Drake?
Speaker 3: Well, I think people who try to make it so divisive are stupid. I hate people all the time when I say like, oh, Drake. Then Drake's all like, you still mess with Drake? And I go, he didn't do anything to me to his music, Like what are you talking about? Are you really letting this get to you and your spirit? That two rappers, two guys worth one hundred million dollars up, that are just having the time of their lives are engaging in a rap battle that made them both crazy amounts of money, and you're upset. You're at home, upset at the idea that I still listen to Drake. I think those people are absolutely I will say.
Speaker 1: I turned up in Canada and I first song I played is Hotline Thing.
Speaker 4: So I mean, Drake is one of your own too.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You gotta represent Drake. Love Kendrick though. I mean, I ain't gonna lie to you. The guy is a genius and I love his music. But also like Drake, and I'm allowed to do so.
Speaker 2: This is a fact.
Speaker 1: This is a fact.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but there is a divide to the idiots. If you're not a member of Drake's camp or Kendrick's camp and you have a problem with each other, then you're an idiot.
Speaker 4: Sure, you're an idiot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not talking about you at their dinner table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, relax.
Speaker 1: What do I like to listen to?
Speaker 4: Gangster gospel?
Speaker 1: Not gangster gospel? I it's honestly just depends on the day, and like the mood I'm in, I'll listen to anything. And I always have like a specific song usually I want to listen to depending on the day, the mood or whatever. I'm like, I know, and I always go to music first. I can't drive in silence. That's insane to me. So I need music. And it'll just depend if I having a good drive home or not. Am I doing like a you know, like a bonnie Ver kind of like playlist just to get that kind of vibe going? Is that nice? We're doing that? We're going like old school Lilith Fair and I'm just like mad scream singing from the nineties. We're doing that. Or we get some TLC and some Bell Bivdevo going, or you're just gonna just like bounce around in the car all the way home, Like I don't know, depends on the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel you because I do. Like on the plane, I don't really listen to hip hop that much. Right when I'm on the plane when I'm mellowing out, it's like it's Cage the Elephant, is Young the Giant.
Speaker 4: It's music like that that I like.
Speaker 3: To sure, like the Cage the Elephant. The Neon Pill album I think is fire.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen to it when we get off this rewatching cruise. Okay, So I have to address this, right, The question is CC looking at Schmidt was the direction for the shot? And why do you think Schmid brushed it off instead of pursuing CC?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Then, Well, because in cruise she's still with Buster, She's still in a relationship. His ring got knocked off the side of the boat by Wen the bish, and so he wanted this moment. The moment doesn't exist. He can tell that she's still like in this relationship and doing this thing, and so he didn't pursue it. He had a thought about it with the violinist, and then it just just it wasn't working. And so and I don't don't know what the direction is. I think honestly, I just looked at Max. Yeah, I don't think it was like a big thing, but we just that's just the look. Everybody's got that look.
Speaker 4: You got the look, you got the look. Who thinks that song?
Speaker 1: M I don't know, I know the song. It's a Prince. It's the end of the podcast.
Speaker 4: You got the look.
Speaker 3: Let's see, let me make sure it's Prince before.
Speaker 1: Gotta be Prince. It's gotta be Prince.
Speaker 3: You know, back in those days be people will be trying to sound like them.
Speaker 1: Sound like That's why I got confused, like.
Speaker 4: Rock will always feel like Money's.
Speaker 3: I used to think that was Michael Jackson my whole life Rockwell, yeah, you have to look, it's Prince, So I thought you got the looks. So sorry, thank you. I'm one of the greats. Hi Hannah and lamourne My name is Natalie, and the messing around is such a breath of fresh air in the midst of chaos of life. I have been a huge New Girl fan from the time it aired, and it's my go to comfort when my go to comfort show when I need to decompress. As a nonprofit lawyer representing detained asylum seekers, my job, neilas to say, can be stressful, especially now. But complicating things more is that I come from a family that believes that the work that I derive such meaning from is actually harmful, and I have sometimes not been welcome home.
Speaker 4: Sorry that I screwed that up.
Speaker 3: I have pondered a lot over why New Girl, rather than some other show, has been my safe haven when I have been ostracized by my family, friends, and the religious community that I grew up in. I think the power of New Girl is in the fact that these friends have created in idyllic, idyllic fantasy of chosen family. Yes, their parents make occasional and hilarious guest appearances, but it is through the magic of the loft and their relationships with one another that they created their own community of love and support that rivals and even surpasses that of biological family. For those of us who do not have healthy, if any, relationships with our biological families, whether it be because of what we think or who we love, New Girl represents or new Goir presents a model for what loving community can look like. Family can be chosen. In that sense, New Girl isn't an escape, it is what many of us hope for.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Thanks for keeping the magic alive on this podcast. Can't wait for the next episode. Best Natalie.
Speaker 4: Natalie.
Speaker 3: First of all, let me just say I struggled through that, and.
Speaker 1: Your voice at the end turned into you know when you turn on the computer to start reading for you, it turned.
Speaker 4: Into that as I started out doing my voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I realize, all this is serious, I know.
Speaker 1: So you put on a serious place.
Speaker 3: I had to put on a serious for us. Then she threw me off with idyllicyl.
Speaker 1: Here's what I will say. The thing I think that at least I connected so much with when I read the pilot is that there's this in between phase for most people where they're not at home living with their parents anymore, and they're not you know, married or with a partner or have kids and like adult responsibilities, right, and there's just like this window of time where your friends are your chosen family. Like that's who you go to every single day. That's who's helping you. It's not your mom and dad, it's not your partner. It's like it's there's this window that exists, and it is so special because you really then get to pick who those people are. And it's usually a great time in your life because you're just so ided buy your best friends who really get you, they forgive a lot easier. There's no heavy expectation on you. And I feel like Liz was in the time of her life when she wrote this pilot, and a lot of us were too when we joined the show, and so it was awesome. It was one of those art you know imitates life, life imitates art kind of weird thing that was going back and forth for all of us, and I just think it showed and I think a lot of people who are in that season of life really have a deeper connection to the show because it's not like, oh, I remember the day when I had roommates like they're in it now, and it feels like so validating of why chosen family is so important. I think our show does that for people, even.
Speaker 3: Though that's just on camera because off camera, Jake one returning phone.
Speaker 1: Calls, it's a war, a war like go and how's a beef going? I feel like you guys have died down the attacks.
Speaker 3: I've been busy, you know, I mean, I'm busy being a single dad. I don't have time to I don't have I'm trying to teach my daughter a different path than what Jake is trying to teach his You know what I'm saying, Jake is teaching chaos, corruption and confusion, and for me, I'm teaching love, appreciation and generosity. And and that's when we differ, and we're always going to be on the separate lines of that. I teach love, he teaches hate. And so yeah, I just keep myself. I just keep myself focused on that. You know what I'm saying. No time for fuds, No time for feuds. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Drake Kendrick situation.
Speaker 3: No, No, life is all about love making and.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm doing, all right.
Speaker 1: Next question from Abel Abel are mh. Hey, guys, I love the podcast. I'm a little late to the game, so not sure if this question has been asked, but if it hasn't, you should ask this to every guest and even yourselves. Kill Mary, Screw how plitically correct Nick, Schmidt and Winston. My answer Abel's sharing is screw Schmidt. Of course, the more for that sexy bod and to experience the captain Mary Winston because he has a stable job on season four. He's a stable job, and I know he wouldn't cheat on me unlike other people. Kill Nick and yelling and temper or his alcoholism will eventually kill him anyway, how well, thanks guys, ab.
Speaker 2: I think you just killed us all.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what so accurate?
Speaker 3: Then assessment is so accurate.
Speaker 1: But I will say, when's the last time you got called marriage material? Out of the gate? Me all the time, just like married marrying that man.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: I'm not marrying you, and you know why, because why would I marry you if you over here trying to fuck my homeboys?
Speaker 1: This is a fact.
Speaker 4: This is not a good game to marry you.
Speaker 3: But I'm really sexually attracted to that other man over there, like what, I don't know. If I like this, I get the privilege of giving you half of everything.
Speaker 4: Heart. You're getting just destroyed by Schmidt with the.
Speaker 1: Captain great dad, that's what matters. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go sleep with him.
Speaker 3: I'll lie out with you after I attracted to your dignity A track.
Speaker 1: To his dick versus dignity. Every time it'll get you.
Speaker 4: Oh god, a, why would you do this to me?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Mary, screw Nick Schmidt and Wiston.
Speaker 3: We'll ask those guests that I guess how Hi Hannah and Lamoren live the podcast. I'm just gonna assume you met love Hi. Hannah and Lamoren love the podcast. I listen to both episodes every week. Me and my fiance are huge fans. We have watched the whole series all the way through countless times. Just wanted to share that we too, have named a pet after characters in the show, and even our daughter. So our cat we named Winston, and we named our daughter Cec.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna cry.
Speaker 3: I'll share some pics. Love this show. Keep up the great work you both are doing. Love listening to the show. Cec and Winston are besties. He follows her around everywhere, sometimes getting into trouble. Classic Cec and Winston mess around.
Speaker 1: Ha haha, Steve, O, my goodness, so cute kitties and babies.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Kenny, Gosh, look at her face than you.
Speaker 1: Face.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: I love that. Wherever they're from. There's a film being shot across the street.
Speaker 1: No, it's just someone's trailer.
Speaker 3: No, it's like a trailer. It's like a double banger. You you see the whole, the pop out part and the and the car parked in front of it, and somebody filming across.
Speaker 1: This is just Liz. Liz just wrote the email. She's going by Steve. He's my cat and here's one of my babies. Oh my goodness. Well that's just the sweetest.
Speaker 4: Thing, Steve.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you man.
Speaker 1: How flattering.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: You should get We should make many mess Around merch just for this. Look at this. There's a whole oh world. We're only making it for grown ups right now.
Speaker 4: And I tell you, I.
Speaker 3: Tell you, cec here gets it for free. We will send CC some some new.
Speaker 4: Girl merch free of charge.
Speaker 3: So cute, and we'll send uh, we'll send Winston over there some kiddy treats. I don't know what kitties eat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, well that was sweet. What a sweet ending.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's our show. Folks.
Speaker 3: As always, we love you and appreciate Go to our website, the messurroundpod dot com. Check out our latest merge. You can follow us on Instagram at the mess Around Pod. And if you have a question, you gotta concern, you got something you want to say, You want to leave us a voicemail at no doesn't matter. You can email us at the mess Around Pod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: That was the mess Around in iHeartMedia Production.
Speaker 4: Our executive producer is Joel Monique.
Speaker 3: Our senior producer is Abu Zafar Bei Wang provided engineering and editing.
Speaker 1: Services, additional production from Daniel Goodman, Wendy Heisler and Kyle Shevron. Our theme song was written and composed by Ronald Jukebox Jackson.
Speaker 4: Catch You Next Time. Bye,