Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the last trendation of Jesus Geist. That one courtesy of hanoramic View on the disc Floor in a series of pretty great.
Speaker 2: I saw that string of trending Aka's scorre Chezzi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were different scorre Chezie movies.
Speaker 2: And uh.
Speaker 1: Oh sheet scorre Chezzi. So people who call him Marty, you know, their friends and then people are called scorre ChEI. You know, they're complete assholes. My name is Jack. That over there is Miles. These are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday, May twenty ninth. Taco trades. Hey, that's fun. Trump taco trades. Yeah, I mean he has one of the best taco bulls in all the world.
Speaker 2: Talk about a bowl taco.
Speaker 1: About a trade. So a reporter was, yes, I would say yeah. A couple of days back, a reporter was like, sir, what do you say to the fact like just coming in full just yeah, just acting like they didn't know this was about to blow up. So what do you say to the fact that Wall Street traders are calling them taco trades as in Trump always chickens out. And he was like, oh, I chicken out. Isn't that nice? Isn't that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Try he tried to like keep us cool, but like just he was fucking couldn't.
Speaker 2: He turned into Joel Bluth talking about like getting getting like goaded by the chicken thing. Oh like it's some Bluth family ship where you're like, I'm no fucking chip the chicken shit. Yeah, isn't that nice? I've never heard that.
Speaker 1: Six months ago, this country was stone cold dead and just saying the wildest ship you're killing was dead. We had a dead country. We had a country that people didn't think it was going to survive. All right, So he said that in three different ways. And you ask nasty question like that, it's called negotiation.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: It was like the level of like this would make sense as a transcript of like you when a baseball manager is shouting at the umpire and you're like, oh, I know they're not making any sense, Like they're just shout like just pure anger and absolutely no logic or thought put into it. Yeah, and you ask a nasty question like that, it's called negotiation. You call that chicken in out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we do. Because basically you said it was going to be this thing, and then we caught you pump faking, So yeah, we call that chickening out.
Speaker 1: So don't ever say what you said because that's a nasty question.
Speaker 2: Okay from mom? What is that shit?
Speaker 1: You've got a mouth on you.
Speaker 2: You're lucky. I don't tell your father.
Speaker 1: He'd have you in military school and no time.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, this is all happening. While that was the first L, then he got took another L when the courts are like, yeah, bro, you can't just be blanket canceling visas like that for a school like that just doesn't it doesn't work like that. Then a US Trade court blocked the tariffs because they're like, dude, there are like actual legal ways to do it, and you chose the illegal way to do it. Like there are ways you could enact tariffs, but you went in the completely wrong way. That there is no leag you have no legal standing here for any of this. So therefore sorry that you're gonna have to appeal this, and that's exactly what they're gonna do. They're gonna keep appealing it. We'll see if you know, John Roberts does him another solid. I don't know. We'll see how open they are to that, but he's definitely pissed off the free market libertarians with like with all the tariffshit is watch asshole. I can ignore the white supremacy and racism as long as I get my free free yeah, yeah, free trade.
Speaker 1: What have we seen so far in the like showdown between him and the courts. I feel like we've got some he's taken some l's and he's gotten some dubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, totally, totally, totally totally, But I think now it's there. They're basically grumbling and drag their feet in other instances and abiding in other instances. I think they're feel like they're nesta. Their next task is to really try and sour the court of public opinion, and the punt is intended there on what the courts do, because all they're doing now is like rhetorically, they keep hammering these things like there's activist judges. The judges are doing this, the courts are they're they're they're holding back the agenda to hopefully try and gain enough. I think probably you know, the wins at they're back to really begin completely thwarting all legal decisions. So I mean not to say that they're abiding by every single thing. But they know that. It's it's harder when a court does say, like, what the fuck are you talking about now?
Speaker 1: Right, Like you haven't even started the beginning of an argument for doing what you're saying that you can do here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like you can just tell by how Caroline Levitt is like just absolutely freaking out, like at all these press briefings now and she's done. You know, she's just saying, like these activist courts, you know we're gonna win. The president absolutely has this authority. And obviously she's doing this because she's a reflection of whatever Trump is feeling, because he watches Fox and he's like, go do the thing, perform.
Speaker 1: Yes, good job, swish we nailed it. Do you think you are? I am who does the energy of the press? Nasty little mouth you think you are? That's what That's what I am. I'm the one who Yeah your face.
Speaker 2: So you are a taco?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, taco. Yeah, it'll it'll be it'll be interesting. It's not gonna be interesting, it's gonna be boring and terrifying at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, but again, we're just like his first administration. It's like he has too many Sikka fans around him, and he's too bad at everything he does that even this thing. It's like even in all the articles are like there are ways the president can cern invent the power of Congress to set tariffs like in these narrow ways, but he just wanted it so he can set arbitrary numbers to try and shock the world because like if he did it legally, he would only been able to do something at most fifty percent for like one hundred and thirty days or a hundred and fifty days, And he wanted to be able to come out there and be like No. One sixty one forty five two hundred percent to try and scare people. And now everyone's just laughing.
Speaker 1: So anyways, he's not backing down. He uh just changes his mind completely, uh all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Donnie, please just use this as a way to take the l okay and stop talking about it, and then you can blame the courts forever, babe. That doesn't have to be your own. Ineptitude.
Speaker 1: Does feel weird, like it feels like this person was put there by somebody who really wants the tariffs, you know, to be Like, is it true that they're calling you a chicken back back Bach.
Speaker 2: To try and get him to do it. Yeah. Yeah, he's like, don't say that shit, He'll fucking probably he'll yeah. Yeah. His ego is so fragile you can see him being Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like the headlines about like, actually Biden was meaner to immigrants, Biden arrested more immigrants in the US. It's like, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: Almost, don't worry. Stephen Miller has already there's a report about Steven Miller screaming at ICE and Homeland Security people ripping their heads off, saying you need to be arresting three thousand people a day. Yeah, and if you can't, you'll get fired. And apparently Christine Nome there's like a good cop bad cop thing where then Christy Nome addresses immediately after and takes a softer tones, like okay, so let's try and brutalize only three thousand people, okayhun, all right, where's my gun?
Speaker 1: All right? Are you a Survivor fan? Have you ever gotten into Survivor?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I love that Dostney Child tracks Jesney's Child track, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Cool, all right, I just wanted to check so there's a TV show based on that.
Speaker 2: So no, I'm not it's funny. I know people who are all in on the Survivor.
Speaker 1: It's become a thing. Like a lot of people swear by like they rewatched it during the pandemic.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Matt and Bowen on Lust Culture, he still really love it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I got to say, I do get a lot of increased credit when I dropped that little factoid about your in laws being on Survivor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my sister in law shout out to Becky Lee on Survivor.
Speaker 2: That was the Race Wars season, the race.
Speaker 1: That was not hurt, not by design, but yeah, I mean, I'm sure that's why they I'm sure it didn't hurt that it was the Race War season and therefore there they had to hit a quota of you know, Korean or you know, Asian Americans, and so however she got in. She came in third overall.
Speaker 2: Damn no, Yeah, everybody remembers that. I was like, I don't know, do y'all remember the Race War season? Do you all remember? They're like, yes, of course, yeah, yeah, So you know that's yeah, that's my homeboys sister in law.
Speaker 1: So you know, I watched that. I watched the hell out of that season because my wife was also the family member who like came out and like did the family challenge and did it so badly. They so so hard. We had like a watch party, like everybody watch.
Speaker 2: Here, you go their intellects their intellect exactly. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But anyways, uh, Survivor apparently, you know, has its diehards and they are coming up on their fiftieth season somehow, Like I don't understand how TV seasons work, but so.
Speaker 2: What are we on? What season are we on?
Speaker 1: I'm one to talk about seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it was that two thousand, right, that was the year two thousand, the season.
Speaker 1: One, Yeah, it was episode premiered after the Super Bowl in the winter of two thousand. That's right.
Speaker 2: It says May thirty first, two thousand.
Speaker 1: Really it aired the premiere the first episode premiered. I think for sure it happened at the end of the baby super Bowl.
Speaker 2: No, not saying whatever. This is all very confusing now. The episode guide here says May thirty first, two thousand, Season one episode won the Marooning.
Speaker 1: God damn, I was I was way off. I for sure thought that I watched that after the Super Bowl in my freshman year of college. But I was drunk for an entire year, so I should not be trusted. Anyways. One of the seasons was themed, not Race Wars, but was themed. Oh yeah, maybe I was thinking of Family Guy. Family Guy at that time was such an event for me that I was like the super Bowl Family Guy. It was right after it was on after Family Guy.
Speaker 2: Dad, you got to see this cartoon. Man, the fucking baby talks like a genius.
Speaker 1: Holy shit. Anyways, one of the seasons that wasn't a Race War season was David Versus Goliath and Mike White, the writer of School of Rock Orange County, one of Miles's favorites, and also White Lotus more recently was on one side. I'm assuming he was a Goliath, like because he was successful.
Speaker 2: Oh is that because you're not even stature?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely not. Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't. Just like we've got people who are like five to five and then people who are six three.
Speaker 2: For a physical competition show. Yeah, deal with it.
Speaker 1: But anyways, he came in second on his season and apparently ever since has been just texting Jeff Probst being like, hey, man, I want to play again. Hey, could you get me back on Survivor. He's like, we don't really do that. He's like, anytime you do like a you know, returning great season, I'd love to come back. Please let me come back. He's like, aren't you busy writing the White Lotus. He's like, quote he said, quote, Look, I'm serious. If you ever do anything where you have returning players, I want to play again.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So we're happy to have Mike because for the fiftieth they're having like a greatest hits some of some of the best players win.
Speaker 2: A white celebrity says, look, I'm.
Speaker 1: Serious, Look, I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Holy shit. Some anyway, anytime, honestly anyone says look on a text message, I'd be like, oh.
Speaker 1: Fuck, oh this white guy is serious.
Speaker 2: This guy serious. Look, I'm not Joshin. I want to be on the next Survivor. Get me. There was he and so he came in second seconds.
Speaker 1: So he knows how to play the game. The other thing people are pointing out is like, on the one hand, you'd be like everyone would just be like he doesn't need the million dollars and like vote as ass off right away. On the other hand, he is like, all these people want to be famous and stay famous and like have media careers, and like all the people who show up on Survivor not all of them, but a lot of them, and he has cast like there have been several former Survivor contestants on the White Lotus. Really yeah, so he's he's been like playing this long game where he's like, I'm just saying you, guys, you make an alliance with me, I will make you an act tour.
Speaker 2: Like background or people with significant I have. I mean, I didn't know anybody. I didn't think anyone on White Lotus was from Survivor.
Speaker 1: But I don't think major role. I don't think it's like but I think like beyond background right right right to like be like here's your towel. Yeah, exactly. So people are thinking he was playing the long game and this might yeah, just go do.
Speaker 2: That, man, because honestly, this last season won that great, So you know, go do that.
Speaker 1: Hire a writer's room.
Speaker 2: Hire a writer's room, and just a just a smidge of seasoning in that writer's room.
Speaker 1: I have a homie who teaches a writing course at one of the colleges here in LA I want out him, but he does a TV writing class and for the past like three semesters for their class project, they've just written different seasons of the White Lotus like just like basically create a writer's room and like that's like one of the projects that they do. And he's like told me what happens in the seasons, and they're like better, they better everything that happened in the season three, Like just just call it like undergrads, Like call it undergrads who just like have so diverse life experiences and are driven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, yeah, make one of those coward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back, And John Mulaney did fight three. This is an update on a previous story. John mulaney fought three teenage boys, not in the not in the disastrous way, like at a mall or like we thought that. Do you see the clip of the guy who looked like Bill Simmons fighting somebody at a pickleball court?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I did idea ye yep.
Speaker 1: And his explanation for why it couldn't have been him was, I would never wear a green shirt. It was like such such a bad Albi that I was like, wait, was it, Like I didn't think it was. But then like after he said that, I was like, oh, wait, did he actually do it? But anyways, this was all part of, you know, the long running debate of one gorilla versus one hundred humans. And he was like, how many children would it? He settled on three fourteen year olds I believe yep was the age. The betting markets were about whether or not he would. This was what was happening on polymarket. Will John mulaney actually fight children was something that you could gamble on, and it was at fifty five percent I think fifty five percent chance that he would fight children heading into the finale. He did fight the children. They were dressed in suits the thing, and this is what we should have known. They went in they said there are certain rules like no punching or harmful. It's that is not a fight.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 1: This is in the context of a conversation where we were like it materially materially changed my position when I was like, oh, you could just go for the eyes, yo, right for the eyes and like the soft parts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's not a fight. I haven't seen it yet. But someone The descriptions of it were like, whoa, that was the weirdest shit I ever saw.
Speaker 1: Like the show is intentionally weird in a lot of places, but this seemed like people were like, I don't even like feel good after watching that fucked up. You know, he actually got fucked he got beatle. The kids just like took him down and then like, it's kind of a thing that we talked about in the one Gorilla verse one hundred Humans is just like, that's like more than two opponents. You're really dealing with a lot, like they so they just basically tripped him, and then once he was down, they just like used their collective mass, like a fourteen year old boy weighs over one hundred pounds, so you've got like three hundred pounds on top of you, and then just kind of smashed him until he submitted.
Speaker 2: Well, John, you fought valiantly. It sounds like, yeah, man, fucking three fourteen year olds come at me. The first one is going to be the example to the other two. I don't want to say. Bro, if Netflix, if you want, if you want someone with no shame and it's had a tough year, I might need to get some stuff out. Put me in the ring. Okay, put me in the ring.
Speaker 1: That is probably what Netflix is looking for right now, to honest, Oh, I just need something. Who's got nothing? We need some nothing.
Speaker 2: Looking for people who lost their homes in the fire. Oh really for a documentary.
Speaker 1: It's called fire fight of sorts.
Speaker 2: Of sorts? You okay with fighting five fourteen year olds who lost their home in a fire who also lost Oh my god, that is pretty sweet. That's we're close to that too.
Speaker 1: We're close to Fred Armison, who I guess was on the show. I didn't watch this season for some reason, even though I really loved the first season. I don't know. Maybe I'll go back and watch. I guess Carl Tart was somehow involved because after the fight they cut to bone Thugs in Harmony. I guess the show had tried to higher bone Thugs at a harmony and they got duped. Yeah, they got duped. They got scammed by somebody who.
Speaker 2: Was like MESSI group man. Because there's so much infighting there, like there are people who would claim they're like, oh, I'm the manager, Like, no, you're not. You were the manager?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. He tapped out and bone Thugs in Harmony featuring Carl Tart heralded their triumph in song. That song was, of course, The Crossroads, one of my favorite songs of all time. That definitely still probably holds the record for the most times they've listened to a song in like a seventy two hour period. I burnt that fucking cut single to the ground.
Speaker 2: Damn, my uncle, that was my uncle, Charles.
Speaker 1: Y'all. Hey, speaking of combat sports, what's going on with the uh? What's going on with these dangers? Do you watch the video?
Speaker 2: You watch the video? Watch this video. So look, when America was riding high, we were making robots destroy each other on TV for our entertainment. That's the true a lot of healthy society. Yes, yeah, it's that you get so bored of doing violence on living things that the next best thing is robots to just obliterate each other.
Speaker 1: The motherfuckers go out there wobbly as hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So in China they just had we talked about the Chinese Robot Marathon where most of the robots, they fucking heads, just fell off running. Well, they just put on the world's first robot kickboxing tournament, and these things fucking stink at fighting.
Speaker 1: Okay again, any humanoid robot, Yeah, they just can't do it they're doing and they can't walk off.
Speaker 2: These motherfuckers. Oh they don't have fingers. They got little orb fists that can barely punch. But yeah, this is like this whole tournament that they had to sort of basically obviously put this is obviously like a promotion for the robotics industry, and they use this to get like an increased attention. But apparently these robots, they're it's the first humanoid robot kickboxing competition. They're very clear to be like this humanoids that are integrating artificial intelligence to not be able to fight each other. They were just controlled by like humans on on the side, and a knockout was if the the robot couldn't get itself up after eight seconds.
Speaker 1: They look they go out like when they're like okay, everybody, take your corners and fight. Like as they're coming together to fight, they look like anytime you see a boxer who's like out on his feet. Yeah, yeah, who's like out on his feet and is about to just like fall through the ropes. Yeah, that's what They go into the fight looking like I.
Speaker 2: Will the way the robots try and gather their balance after being knocked back. Is funny because it does like a human.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 2: It is human. It's not like a weird fourth leg shoots sounds like sizer. Now, it's like it does.
Speaker 1: It's kind of kind of giving miles in a Ralph's parking lot.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know, but without sticking the landing, you know what I mean, without sticking the landing anyway.
Speaker 1: It doesn't think. They just look so so interesting that they like can't because we've seen like the terrifying robot dogs and stuff like that, but walking onto two legs, it's like what it It almost makes me be like why do we do it? Because it's seems so hard once you see how hard it is a robot like it's it really gives me an appreciation for the human foot because like, holy shit, the amount of work that that is doing for us that we're not even aware of is pretty pretty impressive because these things are just going out there on fucking crutches and it's it's nasty.
Speaker 2: The kicks, the form of the moves were pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's actually a decent. It's yeah, it's just like it's close enough it's kind of the Uncanny Valley thing where it's like close enough that it's still like it's funny when they fuck up, but it's it's not as bad as like when they would be like and we have the first humanoid robot and it like can't get up two steps, and it's just like, oh damn, you guys are way far away from what I was expecting.
Speaker 2: Way off.
Speaker 1: And finally there's this cheese rolling video that is just the narth, Like I don't know, we we haven't talked about it yet because it looks it feels like you're watching a snuff film. I feel like a lot of everybody I talked to has seen it though, so I do just and.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, everyone's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so wild. He just like flipped three times in the air. Like if you've ever seen the cheese rolling event people, the Gloucester cheese Yeah, the Gloucester cheese rolling event. It's been going on for like hundreds of years, and people roll like they roll a big wheel, not that big though, like a big you know, up to your normal sized wheel of cheese down a hill and then everybody chases it and whoever gets at first is the winner, and there's a person who's out front, like probably the fourth person down the hill who hits the bump and just goes flying.
Speaker 2: The first one. You can tell the guy was like embracing because all the time, like I've seen documents, yeah haven't. Wasn't it the Netflix documentary called like the Best Remember, And there's the woman who was always sending it down the hill and she's like, I don't give a fuck. Yeah, And they all talk about how it's like when you try and recover, that's how you hurt yourself. You kind of gotta let the hill take you, baby, And at one point you can tell he's like one would just be like fuck it, bro, I'm ragged on down here. But then when he goes head over heels, he hits the back of his head so hard, instantly locks up into a fencer's position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like goes rigid, and I was really Anyway, we've been trying to like find out what happened, and it seems like nobody has died, because the whole thing on that event is like and believe it or not, nobody has ever died, and it seems like there's still have that record.
Speaker 2: I think here we go the hospital scene from the UK and two people.
Speaker 1: Were taken to hospital in honor of how people in the UK. After doing some quick.
Speaker 2: Maths, a man described by onlookers as quote flying while dashing after a roll of cheese social media but is he okay? Uh? Where is he? To the BBC oh it said, flying man was treated on the scene and I feared his injuries weren't too serious. That, you know. I love about the ritz hardy people. Hardy people just sending it down a hill, fucking smacking your head on the fucking ground and you're like, yeah, let's walk it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We were like that, I mean that looks fatal. And Brian the editor said where was that and we said Gloucester and he said, oh no, he's fly He's fine. But yeah, apparently he walked away. Treated on the scene and walked away. Can't wow, imagine what that did to his brain.
Speaker 2: I just love the way people said. One festival goer told Hello, it looked like he flew purposefully, but actually not at all. He was down. He was down with the first aid for a while and then stood up and walked and then was taking an ambulance. But they didn't have the sirens they added. When we saw him, we thought, wow, this guy is a pro. It felt so intentional. And then one guy next to a show his video in slow mo when we said, oh yeah, no no no.
Speaker 1: White Oh yeah, no no no no white shock.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, he sent.
Speaker 1: It, don't run down any steep hills this weekend, everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless your name is Raggedy Ann or Raggedy Andy.
Speaker 1: Even so, I mean, this gives me concerns about even So, Okay, all right, this show is weird. Uh, I'm gonna do it back tomorrow with a whole less episode of the show. And she then be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines where you still can't get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy. And we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And I missed my best friend Cam.
Speaker 1: Y'all tune in tomorrow to get that reference.
Speaker 2: The Daily Zeit Guist is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bay Wayne.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M McNab, and edited engineered by Brian Jeffries