Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of burn after Trending Oh aka trending Arizona aka oh brother, where aren't trend? Aka no country for old trends? Which we have done before? I have done that aka a serious trend the ballad of buster trends, the trend who wasn't there? Do you see a theme in these brothers? Krn krn?
Speaker 2: I believe, man, I see that. I see that.
Speaker 1: That is courtesy of the one the only panoramic view on the discord. Welcome back, welcome back. Here we are the Cohens. Are you fan? Yeah, yeah, we've talked about that before.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean like, I'm not like, I'm not like man, I'm a fucking Cohen Brothers fan.
Speaker 2: But I enjoy there. I enjoy them.
Speaker 1: Thing you have to understand about the Coen Brothers, that's how I open all my conversations. Oh boy, I'm Jack. That is Miles, and I'm Joel.
Speaker 2: That's Ethan.
Speaker 1: And the thing you get to understand about these trends is Katie Britt wants people to pay her for that speech that she gave that performance.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I may have simply changed their name moved to a new town where they wouldn't be recognized, and taking a job at a local shopping mall cinnabon Salt Veman style. Following her god awful State of the Union rebuttal, Katie Britt is trying to turn the debacle into a fundraising OP.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what you mean.
Speaker 3: I thought I was hoping that she's like doing like cameo or something.
Speaker 1: I know, she's like it's a matter of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, truly, it's just wild that like Tommy Tuberville is the other senator and you're like, what a what a great great representatives for that stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it's sure.
Speaker 3: I mean the other thing too, is like she's there the people now, like I think in the GOP realizing like all right, we can't we got to kind offend her because we can't also go like, you know, just all in on bashing that. They're like they're making her the new Sarah Palin. Basically that's what they're trying to do and what the media is doing, Yeah, by like being like, oh look at this lady that tried. She doesn't know books from magazines like sort of like pointing the finger and being haha at this terrible acting job. But yeah, I get I get it. She's a martyr. She's a martyr for community theater.
Speaker 1: But Sarah Palin at least had an authentically folksy vibe every once in a while, right, Yeah, yeah, for sure she could pull it off. This is no that was her.
Speaker 3: She was that ill informed and ignorant, but she did it was a charismatic way.
Speaker 1: This was the strangest, like it was just an out of body experience. I don't I don't see the connective tissue as Sarah Palin. Like I get why that they would like her to be the next Sarah Palin. Yeah, but they're more like you're the one.
Speaker 2: You're just making fun of her. That's the it's a new thing, saying she's out of her depth or whatever.
Speaker 3: And I mean like when you think of when you actually look at speeches and how she's spoken in public prior to.
Speaker 2: That, you're like, this is the worst acting job. Rah?
Speaker 1: Is that how she speaks normally? I haven't done the research.
Speaker 3: To look at her other it was so turned up like that whole thing like when you see her, you know, like addressed the sentence.
Speaker 2: It's that it's not.
Speaker 3: I mean, she that's her voice, but the way in which she is it's never like that.
Speaker 1: It just seems like have you ever seen so this actually happened to me one time I got I made the finals of a speech contest in I think it was fourth grade, and I know you did is speech. So it was it was about green eye in what a cool thing to lie about. My speech was about the invention of Kleenex. It was boring as fuck, and I practiced it so much that like I didn't know where the pauses went by the end, you know, it was just like my words stopped cohering. And I remember like giving the speech and people were like, you did a good job with the pauses. I guess like it was just a weird like out of body, like I didn't know where which syllabbles for drama. That's what it felt like. Felt like she was being micromanaged on that speech by like jene Cusnow, like you know, it felt like she had a writing teacher who was like, I just don't believe it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there there's uh yeah, Brian the editor just dropped in.
Speaker 2: There's there's a few comparison videos.
Speaker 3: This is one from Ale dot com about just like hearing what she was talking about before. This is this is prior to her delivering that amazing monologue.
Speaker 2: The Republican response to the State of the Union.
Speaker 4: So tune in President Biden's border policies.
Speaker 1: It's just like, so tune in no difference detections. She seems to be she seemed to be like in fundraising in some distress. Yeah, but yeah, instead of toning down the vibe that creeped people the fuck out, she's doubling down, trying to use the backlash to raise money. And the tone of the email still has like I don't know. I don't know if you can necessarily write that way, Like I can't tell if she's written it in the way that her speech was delivered, or if the way her speech was delivered makes it impossible for me to ever read anything again without hearing that voice in my head. But it's a because I didn't prepare a twenty minute speech and stand up to bite it and in front of millions of Americans for me. I did it for them, for you and for your children. Friend, friend, friend, exclamation point with a capitalization.
Speaker 3: Don't get familiar with me, Senator, Okay, we're not friends, okay, friend, Yeah, that does feel like you're being friend by Anton's Sugar Sugar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, Senator Sugar.
Speaker 3: And that would have you do imagine that fucking if Anton. If Anton Sugar gave us that twenty minute monologue, the fucking.
Speaker 2: People would people would listen, people would listen.
Speaker 1: Call it. At the end of the email, she has supporters to send a message to the radical left that we won't be laughed off.
Speaker 2: Okay, not so.
Speaker 1: Okay cool, I mean you kind of are long laughed off.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, and like you hate to see it, you hate to see it, you hate to see it.
Speaker 2: But again, that was.
Speaker 3: The that's on clok, that's on. That's on your team right there.
Speaker 1: That has her me. Yeah, that's about it. Like seeing her hearing that, between her being herself throwing and then her being like like just quivering with false faux emotion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was real. But too many yes, too many yes.
Speaker 3: People in that corner being like, oh my god, the drama, Katie, Yeah, the drama was a drama.
Speaker 1: Neil Young is coming back to Spotify. Uh, this is good news for everybody's dad's. His music will soon be back on Spotify. He'll remember if you've listened to every single episode of this podcast, and remember he pulled his music from the platform in twenty twenty two to protest misinformation spread by Joe Rogan on his newly Spotify exclusive podcast at that time. Now he's bringing his catalog back to Spotify, which he calls the quote number one streamer of low res music in the world.
Speaker 3: I like how it's backhanded too, and then it's just like it's like, oh, okay, you go with them. It's like, nah, to be honest, like every platform does it, like Apple Amazons. I don't know what the fuck You'm going to do, man, Yeah, or else I'll be fucking nowhere.
Speaker 2: So here I am back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess like the only Neil Young songs you can hear on Spotify are like the ones he licensed for the Eat Prey Love soundtrack at this point.
Speaker 2: So man, but yeah, dead hasn't It hasn't hurt Joe Rogan. That's what we do know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe Rogan, Uh, you know, his podcast has become un exclusive to Spotify, and Spotify is paying him a reported two hundred and fifty million dollars over Yeah in his new deal.
Speaker 3: Lot Jack we gotta get into having more freaks on.
Speaker 1: I know we're we're blowing it. Man. Yeah, I gotta gotta smoke a j with Elon Man.
Speaker 2: Got to smoke a ja with Jamie. Jamie.
Speaker 1: Pull that up, all right? And uh the White House. So back in February, Nancy Pelosi told journalists the US has not sent arms to the Israeli government since October.
Speaker 3: That's straight from her mouth in an interview. Yeah, I mean, this is listen, this is this is her in an interview saying I don't know what they're saying. Man like that they got We're not we're not arming them here.
Speaker 2: This is what she said.
Speaker 5: Israel is very well equipped with weaponry. There's nothing that we have sent since October seventh that has has contributed to this brutality.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, really that's I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Most people who were observing, they're like, well, we know them bombs didn't come out of fucking thin air. But there were only like two publicly announced sort of transfers of arms that we had heard about from the Biden White House. And it was done under like an emergency declaration. And you know, it's also a claim that many like apologists for the administration or the Israeli government, like they hung onto that in order to sort of mitigate America's in the slaughter of innocent people in Gaza.
Speaker 2: And like I said, most people were like, that's not that.
Speaker 3: No, I can't even wrap my mind around the fact that that's what it would be.
Speaker 2: A lot of people have.
Speaker 3: Now talked about this new revelation that we are now hearing because in a classified briefing to members of Congress, we have found out that there weren't just those two little, itty bitty transfers, but a bunch of transfers.
Speaker 2: In fact, over one hundred separate.
Speaker 3: Weapons sales to Israel in the one hundred and fifty days after October seventh, quote, amounting to thousands of precision guided munitions, small diameter bombs, bunker busters, small arms, and other lethal aid that averages out to about one shipment of arms every thirty six hours.
Speaker 1: That's not pretty.
Speaker 2: That's a lot. That's a lot. That's a lot. That's a lot. And oh, but how come they got how did this happen? How come they were able to be like, no, no, we didn't do do anything. Maybe those two times.
Speaker 3: Well, it's because Biden is also exploiting the same loophole that Trump did under Section thirty six of the Arms Export Control Act, which requires the president to notify Congress when a proposed arm.
Speaker 2: Sale exceeds a certain value.
Speaker 3: Oh well, what if you just sell a bunch of bombs at a value that's just under that threshold that you don't have to report it. Oh, you're not to notify anyone. Great, Yeah, so you just have to do it every thirty six hours.
Speaker 1: So it's never a big enough shipment to like, you know, go over that limit and just allow them to put up like Amazon Prime numbers in terms of like how often they're ordering weapons from you.
Speaker 2: Right right exactly.
Speaker 3: And this is like when I mean, you know, a a friend of mine dad asked me, asked me and my friend to mule cash for them on a on an airplane flight because if we got if he got caught with all of it, it would have exceeded the value.
Speaker 2: If he spreaded it out over.
Speaker 3: Two kids were under the age of eighteen, then you put it when you were under the.
Speaker 4: Age of eighteen, Yes, exact same thing. I was like, wait, well, I know old friends house conversation. Yeah, how come I gotta hold this cash. Oh because if I could o it, if there's more than they got.
Speaker 2: To report it. Yeah, okay, well I'll let anyway.
Speaker 1: We'll let you hold on to five dollars if you do it for me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like all right, cool, cool, cool.
Speaker 3: But again, this is such an underhanded way of arming Israel, and it's made it really easy for the administration to act like they're exercising restraint, which is something we've seen like you know, and paint the Joe Biden as sort of like some kind of peacemaker. And also when people were like, well, he's not giving them arms, like he just doesn't have the leverage to really do anything. But this deliberate policy of materially supporting this genocide makes it clear that he absolutely does. Because consider just the amount of bombs that have been dropped that were provided by this administration. From October seventh to mid February, Biden had delivered twenty one thousand bombs to Israel and Israel had already dropped half of them. And there are people now online who are saying like, oh, it's actually just like they're defensive munitions for the Iron Dome.
Speaker 2: In this report from the Washington Post.
Speaker 3: I have not seen anything that is suggesting that they're saying lethal aid. These aren't These aren't defensive munitions for the Iron Dome. These are bunker busters, these are art these are this is stuff for like artillery. These are exactly the kinds of things that are be using that they are using to launch this assault on Gaza. And again, like the Munians weren't gonna be like, Israel doesn't have the production capacity for a campaign like this without the explicit help.
Speaker 2: And aid of the American government.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean again, a majority of Americans are opposed to this like non stop arming of the regime. And that number is even higher for you know, people who Biden is counting on voting for him in November. When you look at Democrats or registered Democrats, it's like six two of Democrats are like that we should we need to stop this, Like why are we set like, oh, we're.
Speaker 1: Giving them the bombs. Yes, yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about Ben Shapiro. He's got some interesting things about how we should all be spending our elderly years. We'll be right back, great and we're back. We're back, and Ben Shapiro is basically, we'll just quote him, No one in the United States should be retiring at sixty five years old. Frankly, I think retirement itself is a stupid idea unless you have some sort of health problem. Also, vacations and weekends, what are you doing, You're making yourself less optimal as a producer of work. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like how he really did that too.
Speaker 3: Basically like, if we, like, if we haven't raised the retirement age, he said, it's totally crazy. Joe Biden. If that were the case, Joe Biden should not be running for president. Okay, Joe Biden is eighty one years old. Retire in the United States at which you start to receive Social Security if you're eligible for Medicare, it's sixty five. Joe Biden has definitely been eligible for sociecurity matteric ever sixteen years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get it, dude.
Speaker 1: So his argument is basically like, we shouldn't like people should have to work until they're dead. They shouldn't get any free government hand out after the age of sixty five. Yeah, no matter what exactly.
Speaker 3: My parents are at that age. My parents are not retired, and they shouldn't retire. It'd be very bad for them to retire. That's what he said. And then he this is the other argument, this is I love, I love the rhetoric here. By the way, it's disrespectful to people who are sixty seven, sixty eight, sixty nine years old to suggest that they are in the same shape as people who are sixty five as they were in nineteen forty. It's not true at all. Have you met a sixty five ye old lately, sixty five yelds or not? In the units like go, we get Oh, this is all.
Speaker 1: He's like doing it as like a this is and this position is actually a compliment to people for exactly, I'm actually impressed by how many push ups you can do and what it's like think you should be pushing yourself up the corporate ladder at this exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, sixty five, you still have a lot of time.
Speaker 3: If Joe Biden can be president eighty, imagine what you can do at sixty five. But sure, this is again because Trump is now floating the thing about social security like this is all.
Speaker 2: This is all part of.
Speaker 3: The right wing attack on these kinds of social programs. And also being like, man, we can we can shift a lot more you know, wealth around if we keep people working even longer. No, people already have to fucking toil for their whole lives. Anyway, there's anything you can do to help people and lessen the fucking soul crushing turn of working in under especially this American form of capitalism where there's absolutely zero safety nets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the least that can be done.
Speaker 1: Yours working in an Amazon factory, Ben Shapiro, Yeah, exactly. Yeah, do they work a grinding labor job that like is hard on the body? Probably not, And probably he doesn't know very many of those people.
Speaker 3: Well, my mother she basically oversees a few rental properties and then because knitting on the side in her day way.
Speaker 2: And my father also just has a bunch of passive income.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his his mother was a TV company executive, was was according to you Wikipedia. So I'm presuming landlord and his father worked worked, worked, not working as a composer.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Any Like, I have an an uncle who just retired recently, and they're having so much fun, Like they're just they got like the pension thing and they're just so happy. It's really there's.
Speaker 3: My one friend whose dad it was a fire fighter. That pension that they get, it makes my the combination made my eyes bleed. I could not believe, like how it's And now I see, like I met this kid yesterday who gave me a ride to the airport. He's like trying to be a firefighter, and like precisely, because like, bro, it's it's the fucking job. Security is the benefits and things like that. Yeah, for some some jobs, those pensions can be fantastic, but unfortunately that's not a thing that's widely available to people. So to try and be like, no one should be retiring sixty five is fucking violence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we have some new updates in the case of the Alaska Airlines door blowout. Oh it's a doorbuster. It's a we want to make that sound fun. We don't want to make it sound leak. We get enough bleak stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, women's door blow out.
Speaker 1: Oh out doorbuster on these Alaska Airline flights. Unfortunately, because one of the doors blew out, and so the National Transportation Safety Board has been trying to investigate this, like who worked on that door because it had apparently just been repaired right before it shot out the side of the plane.
Speaker 3: Jamie pull up the tape really quick, Jamie, pull up the tape of the Boeing. Uh, the repairs that were done on that Boeing And what did they say, Oh, Boeing over wrote surveillance footage from the repair facility where the plug was reinstalled ahead of the flight.
Speaker 1: That's right, yeah, huh ha hm huh yeah, hah. There's just it's not. It's not been a good week of news for Bone No no, yeah, between the tires blowing falling off a plane, the fucking plane like turning off in mid air or whatever that like launched a ton of people like in the fuselage like up into the ceiling like it was an onyx video.
Speaker 2: Uh was not. The was not the look. And then we talked about the whistleblower.
Speaker 3: Who yeah, you know who I think now the law I mean his lawyer said alleged self inflicted like gunshot wound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a recent thing with like a fuel leak we were talking about on air flight from Los Angeles to Austin. I don't know that this was a Boeing one, but it was just.
Speaker 2: Here, weird stuff on a plane.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you hear weird stuff. I was like, hey, sorry about that. You may have noticed a bit of a delay there. We were actually pouring the fuel into the wrong compartment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and please someone with aviation background please tell me that's fine. Right yeah yeah, but they were like it went in the wrong tank. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe that's fine.
Speaker 1: We're pouring into the toilet and then we put a bunch of you guys is piss and ship into the.
Speaker 3: Fuel yeah, Brian the editor, Yeah, balancing the fuel. So maybe it was gonna maybe we were going to be leaning to the left or something, putting it into the wrong part. Anyway, so we got that taken care of. Does anybody have a.
Speaker 1: Shoulder you're just gonna be riding dirty? Yeah that's fine. That would have been fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll let my shoulder lean. I'm off flight to Austin. Why not?
Speaker 1: That's right. And finally, two years after it was signed, a courtroom settlement has determined that students and teachers are allowed to talk about sexual orientation and gender identity. After all, in Florida, yeah, the other don't say gay bill that Ron DeSantis kind of jammed through and.
Speaker 2: Hinged his whole fucking identity on you know what I mean, He's like, I'm here to fight the fucking the wok wars.
Speaker 3: And this okay, so courtroom l because the people, you know, the advocates involved in the studits say, quote, this has successfully dismantled the most harmful impacts of the law. What did the DeSantis campaign say, Oh, this is actually a win for us, because the law in its entirety was it struck down. You're like, okay, but like that that was like the whole that was the actual meat of the entire bill. That was the thing that was the most fucked up because the settlement basically says that only formal instruction of gender and sexuality has been restricted, as if that's part of the curriculum, versus like a teacher being able to discuss these kinds of things with students. And I mean, it's like there's a few articles talking about how the sort of anti LGBTQ sort of wing of Florida Republicans is taken a few hits because when their session in the state legislature closed last week, twenty one of the twenty two anti LGBTQ bills they had proposed were effectively dead, and is.
Speaker 1: This the twenty second or this is the that those numbers are include this being no, no.
Speaker 3: This is different because these are just bills that were on the docket to be like, hey, how much further can.
Speaker 2: We brutalize people and to humanize them?
Speaker 3: And so twenty one out of twenty two basically bit the dust. But I mean this the implementation of this bill, you know, set off a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of other copycap bills in different states.
Speaker 3: So it's not necessarily like the end of this story, but at least it's a bit of good news for for Florida for the moment, until whatever DeSantis realizes that the culture warship is actually you know, it's it doesn't it's not effect.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. It doesn't do much for.
Speaker 1: He's not working. Yeah, yeah, it's like you're your Jeene shorts on the beach or I guess it's not jeene shorts, but he had those like long shorts on the beach where he's walking, but there's no footprints behind him because.
Speaker 2: They weren't they like linen pants, but that he like cuffed them.
Speaker 1: I thought he was wearing like long shorts.
Speaker 3: Oh, like like coulottes. Oh no, No, he is wearing shorts. But they're are they long? What do we call them?
Speaker 2: These?
Speaker 3: I guess as someone who grew up in the nineties, I'm like, those aren't those aren't that long?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: This one?
Speaker 1: They're pretty long there. Yeah, I mean they're they're then flows their.
Speaker 2: Standard conservative length, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I think men who aren't completely, you know, consumed by toxic masculinity down to show a little bit more thigh. Yeah, you know what I mean, get that little bit of quad in there.
Speaker 1: In case you're wondering what we're talking about. It's the image of he and his wife walking on the beach where they haven't made any footprints because Jesus has carried them through the air and just dropped them right there on their message of hate. And they've flown away.
Speaker 3: Right there, pose and cheese, okay, and then he whisk you away to Ruby Tuesdays.
Speaker 1: All right, Those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, March thirteenth. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bite bite,