Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: Data, Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. We can do that with Bloomberg's but Donna Hirich as she joins us here in a studio of Donna, what are you looking at?
Speaker 3: Hi, good morning, thanks for having me. I'm looking at shares of Eli Lilly. That's stick her l l Y up some four percent today after the company agreed to buy sleep drug maker sent Tessa Pharmaceuticals in a deal worth up to seven point eight billion dollars. And this is interesting to me because it's a sign that the weight loss medication giant is really looking to bulk up its treatment pipeline for other conditions. Lily said it will pay thirty eight dollars a share for Sintessa, plus another nine dollars a share if some milestone targets are met. So really interesting to sort of keep track of what the weight loss the companies that we know for weight loss drugs are doing to stay competitive. Yeah, and sleep is a huge business as well. Let's stay with the M and A theme because you've got another name for us. Yes, we were just talking about McCormick ticker MKC, which fell as much as ten percent today in earlier trading, down about six percent right now. And as we just heard, Unilever did agree to combine its food business with the spice maker in a forty five billion dollar deal that will essentially create Global Seasonings, Sauces and Condiments company. We know that big food businesses like Unilever have been struggling in recent years to attract less wealthy consumers, sorry, to attract a number of consumers in general, because we know less wealthy consumers have been pulling back on spending and choosing cheaper store brands.
Speaker 4: I've been doing. I think you know a lot of the products. It's fine sub products. I'm like, now I'm going to go back to the naghbor Like what Planter's peanuts, But the taste yep so, but everything a lot of other stuff. I'm okay.
Speaker 3: Luckily we have Planter's peanuts on at the Bloomberg Golfic.
Speaker 2: Yes we do, Yes, we do that.
Speaker 1: We know that.
Speaker 4: So okay, here's something I never got into back the day. But it's a thing all birds, all birds.
Speaker 3: A lot of people got into it back in the day, including my husband who bought so many pairs that we have on like three untouched pairs in our various closets. That's ticker b I r D, shares of which are down some three percent right now after American Exchange Group said it was agreeing to buy all of the assets and intellectual property of the what we're calling a once buzzy footwear brand, and that deal is worth some thirty nine million dollars and the shoemaker said the deal is expected to close in the second quarter. It still needs shareholder approval. But it is interesting to me because it had been known for, you know, being sort of a popular footwear brand that maybe lost some of its module. Silicon Valley guys really like those sheds, right. It was the Marino wool sneakers. You could wash them, I think you could the the you know, you could wash them. And there was no structure to it. It was all kind of just floppy.
Speaker 2: Yes, very.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.