Speaker 1: We still work our asses off like we're fucking twenty years old, And I think you have to have that mentality. Yeah, I think that you always have to remember that you're expendable, that this industry will go on without you. Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Had five and six and seven eight. How's your audi to Missy?
Speaker 1: Like I just had flash batting to my mother. I had flash for my mother saying you better change your attitude missy. What was it with parents saying or mom's in particular? Did your mom say missy? My mom not only said missy, my mom added, which is why I do it and why I love my mom so much and I appreciate more and more and more as I have a kid.
Speaker 2: My mom would add like a saying to it. My mom would say, Missy, pootata. I don't even know what poutata means. Like everything was or my sister is ken but they called her cando bandido. I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 1: AnyWho, that's hysterical and uh yeah, Paula, you're a dream a winner. Morefielder, How do we feel about kids? First birthday parties? Have a ten month old and can't decide that's you, sister.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you how I feel about him.
Speaker 1: Great, and that's why I say do it, do it and be proud. You know what, Mac will never know what his first birthday party was like. And Carissa and Kevin Burkhart will never know what Mac's first birthday party was like because they were wasting it was. We had such a great time. I am so grateful for my friends.
Speaker 2: Any friend of yours that's going to show up to a one year old birthday party, that's your crew. Those are your people. Those are your diehards or what is it, diehards or die Yeah right, I write or dice my people. And those Jello shots welt shots.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, I blame Lauren Fenner and her Jello shots in the best way they I loved it.
Speaker 2: I had a great time time.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Ma's going to look back at those pictures and be like, why is Cci in the corner hunched over? But the Santa Margarita was flowing, The decoy was out with the Santa Margaritas, So yeah, have that kid's birthday party. But I will say this, Morgfielder don't spend so much money on all the kid crap. The kid's not going to remember that. No, like spend the spend the money on the entertainment for the adults, Like that's the stuff and like the fun for that. I don't mean you talked about it last week when your mom's like, don't take Mac to Disneyland when he can't remember it, take.
Speaker 2: Him to home, Take me to Target.
Speaker 1: I actually was going to send you there was a story of a kid going through Target the other day. It was like a like Max age and he was like this to all the lights, like they don't know where they are. I know, I know, Okay, jsm hare. I don't know what's been the highlight of this season so far. I would say my last two games have been a highlight because we finally got good games. The Bucks, forty nine Ers, the Packers, Bears, what about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Highlight for me is just the overall vibe. I'll speak to Amazon first, the overall vibe for that crew. Because we're in year three, we found a rhythm. We you know, we've got our so fun, We've got our deals like everyone when we come in on Wednesday, depending on what time we all have a text chain of like, okay, meeting the lobby, We're gonna grab a drink, We're gonna go to dinner.
Speaker 2: Like we just have like our own flow of doing things.
Speaker 1: As for the actual games, my highlight was the Ravens Bengals game.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: It came down to the last second. Lived up to the hype of what that game was like. They had a great one week five that matchup in and Joe burrowed together.
Speaker 2: It was just awesome to.
Speaker 1: See in Baltimore. By the way, what a great vibe like a night game of Baltimore. The fans are in it, the stadium's rocking good music. So yeah, that was my highlight of the game. As for Fox, I just am glad that we're in your two with the Julian Crew. He's like in his own like rhythm. It's fun when Bronk is in studio and those two are together. We do a fun segment called the Fox Bros.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Just it's nice to be in the same flow with the Cruise. Yeah. I agree.
Speaker 1: The one thing though about the Baltimore Stadium is I always get a little panicked with the crow. I don't like birds. Oh sorry, the raven. Jesus, I'm going to get slaughtered right now.
Speaker 2: Not the crow. I have crows outside my house. The raven. It's very scary. I don't like that whole like technology, it's frightening. Oh you don't No, wait, is there actually a raven flying? I missed that. Well, it's fake. It's like a technology or whatever. AI I don't know.
Speaker 1: And it's like circling the stadium and I'm always like, ah, I can't really get into it, you know. I want to talk about on Neil Eagle fly the Philly the Eagle, the bald eagle, and like landing on the arm of the guy. I just like got loosebumps. How sick there a bald eagle America? Exactly? I love people calling me during my my podcast. It hasn't changed. It's in my calendar. You have access to my calendar. Knock it off, do not disturb.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: How about Ryan Fitzpatrick he commented on that, or maybe it was the cat messages he got into the debate there. Well, I said to it, I said, look, I'm sorry I had to call you out. And fitz was like, I'm so glad you did. And to Andrew's credit because this is who Andrew is. He is a man that always makes adjustments if people have an issue, as well as a Walter Payton Man of the Year. He is a team player.
Speaker 2: He goes, I fixed it.
Speaker 1: It's no longer on do not disturb and guess what it's not, So you know what, we're trying to make each other better. Advice for someone fine, Rob late in eighty seven. Any advice for someone who wants to reinvent himself?
Speaker 2: First of all, Rob, I just got to tell.
Speaker 1: You I need to reinvent myself today because I am having a b in my bonnet.
Speaker 2: As Aaron likes to say, I'm I'm in an ear.
Speaker 1: Everything's irritating to me today and I don't want to be this way, and I'm going on forty eight hours like this and I'm trying to shake it.
Speaker 2: I thought that would help me.
Speaker 1: The only thing that's helped me is me talking to Aaron and us commiserating about things, and thank god I have her. Seriously, but Rob, any advice on reinvention. I want to be mindful about how I respond to this because I think this is such an awesome thing that you clearly or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. Maybe it's not that deep, but you just want to change.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's a job. I don't know, if you want to change your surroundings. I would say, as someone who has went through a lot of highs and lows with various things, whenever I come out of that, I always feel like a snaw that's like shedding my skin and wants to start over. So it's not so much reinvention for me from an era, Yes, reinvention of total self, because there's still some things I'd want to hold on to about myself, but just trying to be better. I would say, make a list of all the things that you want to change, some things that you don't maybe like about yourself. That could be external things, like I said, could be your job, it could be your house, it could be your friend group. Make a list of the things that you don't like, and then make a sort of like a vision board of all the things that you have You ever.
Speaker 2: Done one of those by the vision board?
Speaker 1: No, I manifested a lot when we were trying to have MAC and I did that whole thing the manifestation journal. Yeah, did that was really cool? Did manifest go ahead? Did you see a difference. As soon as you like started doing that, I got Mac. Well, I know you got Mac, but I didn't know if that was like in in the conjunction when when you started doing the manifesting. Really yeah, I was trying to just really guide my thoughts and be super positive and just Yeah. It does make you sit and think for a minute.
Speaker 2: Like this journal. I think it's called the five minute Journal.
Speaker 1: It's great you say little things like I am so grateful for my cozy bed or waking up to my dog taking up all the room but my feet being warm under him. But you also say the things that you want to happen to be true, like I'm so grateful that I just signed this five five year new deal at Fox.
Speaker 2: You know, things like manifesting. Yeah, I'm manifesting. Yeah, so that's yeah, I liked it. I've never done that.
Speaker 1: But I little do a vision for this idea for you, Oh, writing it down. That's something I'm doing now. I'm writing down every little thing I think of. I know you're going Christmas shopping later, of like if I just thought of an idea for you, I'm writing it down because when I'm drunk on a plane last night and I'm doing my drunk Christmas shop and online.
Speaker 2: I got to go back to my notes and see what I'm getting you. You know what.
Speaker 1: I have to start writing things down more often, because I've been pretty good. My memory has been pretty good, although it's going. I told Kathy a story the other day.
Speaker 2: Where's it going? I'm miss I told my mom's story the other day.
Speaker 1: I told her that the apples at the ranch weren't producing and I was so upset because it was a very dry summer.
Speaker 2: And she goes, yeah, You've already told me that, and I was like, oh shit. And he says, We've got a lot going on. We got a lot going on, but.
Speaker 1: I should write stip down. I also started doing crossword puzzles. I don't know if I've told you that. See I can't even remember if I told you that.
Speaker 2: In the Wall Street Journal today. Excuse me, you were a clue in the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 1: Jason Thornberry from our crew sent it to me and he goes, you're the most famous person I know.
Speaker 2: Now I don't know. Hold on, know you.
Speaker 1: Find it while I get back to Rob's question, Because our tangents, if you listen to the podcast. You know they're frequent, but there's still, as Donald Trump likes to say, there's a weave. Okay, I'm gonna come back. I promise I'm coming back here. Any advice for someone wants to reinvent themselves? Right down what you want to become. I love it, manifested vision board. And then also make a list of the things that you like about yourself so that you can kind of intertwine the two, because I don't know if sometimes when we think about wanting to change that we should lose all of ourself because there's still some great qualities.
Speaker 2: You just want to refine them a little bit. Or if it's the external things like I mentioned.
Speaker 1: Before, house, job, whatever, then those things are real, like tangible things that you can see if there's a change in So yeah, write down who you want to be, and also the things that you like about yourself.
Speaker 2: What would you say? I love that.
Speaker 1: I agree, and then remind yourself of it every now and then because you kind of revert to old habits or old ways or need to be reminded of it. That's like my language. But I was fifty two down in the Wall Street Journal. Okay, it's caster Aaron or sportscaster Andrews cute er Aaron.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic, I know, but fifty down is Queen of the Gods in Rome. I wish that was Aaron too, Queen of the gods.
Speaker 2: All right, girl, you uh salmon rush Sorry, guys, I sam on rush. Wow.
Speaker 1: As someone who hates flying, have you always enjoyed it or grew to deal with it for work? I have been traveling forever since I was twenty one years old in the industry.
Speaker 2: Can fall asleep really quickly.
Speaker 1: The one thing I've started not to be great with is turbulence reading these stories, seeing this stuff on TikTok and Instagram of the turbulence of people, you know, coming out of their seats hitting their head. I had an experience flying one time with Howie and Jarrett. We hit a thing of like a turbulence how we hit the roof of the plane. It wasn't good. I thought the three of us were going to die. That scarred me for life, and now I feel like having a kid, I'm like, God, is this how I'm going to go down?
Speaker 2: Knock on wood? Goodness sakes, So I've kind of become a wors flyer.
Speaker 1: Actually, have you become more paranoid of a lot of things because you're a mom?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, last night we were doing an escape to O'Hare and I was like, oh, got o, gotta gotta gotta go, And I'm like an asshole to be in the car now because I'm just like, I got to get home to my son.
Speaker 2: It's Christmas. My son is home alone. I get that, you get it. I get that.
Speaker 1: I don't have anything that I no, I'm just kidding. I have Stephen, I have my dogs, But no, I would. I think that's a totally real thing. I mean, you're everybody that's anyone that's a mother or father. I'm sure emphasizes with that feeling like oh, you have somebody that needs you and you don't want to whatever. I don't to answer the question about flying, no, because I can't. I'm very reasonable about things that I'm not in control of. I don't worry about, like I can't change this, so me at adding worry to it is not helping the situation. When we were flying back, it was me, Tony, Al and Jared and there was a bunch of turbulence and Tony didn't like it, and he was like, oh, you're okay with this CT and I was like, I just it doesn't affect me because I'm like what can I do to do?
Speaker 2: What can I do?
Speaker 1: And so then I play like mind games and I'm like, oh, I'll pretend like I'm on a roller coaster ride and like I chose this, and wow, isn't this fun? And now I'm having a Yeah. It's like I have to like trick myself into like this is fun.
Speaker 2: Look, i'm flying. I also have it. This is a deeper dive conversation.
Speaker 1: I Tony and I were like spent two hours of the flight talking about this. I also am a believer that my life is already predetermined. I already think everything that's going to happen in my life has already happened. So if like, if that's how I go, Look do I want to go that way? Probably not, But like if that's how it was supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Then well that's how it's supposed to be. I just like relinquish all control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what that's neither here nor there, Christiana. That's like I took an edible and had a conversation Christiana Vieira. What advice can you give to young women seeking to follow in the path you have created? What advice can we give Aaron? You're really good about this, you start study your tail off. I study now more than I ever did when I was in school, which wasn't great, but I love it so much and I didn't love school. When they say no, figure out how you can get it done. Always, I will say this, always be available. If someone's sick, fill in, if someone can't make it, fill in. I'll tell you right now. There's a situation, and Chris is the same exact person. I'm forty six, Chris is in our early forties. We've done everything, We've slept in crappy hotels, we've kicked our asses. There's a chance that Jordan Love isn't going to do a sit down on Saturday. He wants to do it on Thursday. That would be five days in Green Bay for me. I'm thinking of going in late Wednesday night, coming home Thursday like just to freaking doing because I think you have to really have that mindset even when you've kicked your ass for twenty years. In this industry, Christian McCaffrey is always described to us by Kyle Shanahan as a guy who is still feels like he's a walk on on the team and is trying to still be named a starter or on the roster. And I feel that's the way I act now. Sometimes I'm like, I'd like a cooler of water. But I look, I bet you're into the business. Yes, yes, yes, we still work our asses off like we're fucking twenty years old. And I think you have to have that mentality. Sorry that was long. No, Well, first of all, it's our podcast. We can cry if we want to. Already cried today. You cried today too. But yeah, I think that you always have to remember that you're expended, that this industry will go on without you. You are replaceable, and you will keep your position if you are humble, if you work hard, and if you remember how you got there.
Speaker 2: I mean, for me, it's always you know. I people are like.
Speaker 1: Oh, well you have this job and like oh da da da da, like you're safe, and I'm like, you ain't safe. You're only safe until the end of that contract, and not even to the end of the contract, because sometimes people can bump you out of that spot before the contract ends and So for me, it's always about hustling and that same mentality as a player, like you have to earn your spot on that roster every single year. And yeah, similar again to continue the analogy, like you can be a veteran in the locker room, Like we're not rookies in the locker room anymore. We've earned the right to be on the veterans side of the locker room. But that doesn't mean that our attitude should be any different, and the hustle should be there.
Speaker 2: And also be kind along the way.
Speaker 1: Because guess what, you never want to burn bridges that you need to walk back over. So be careful that when you think, oh I've arrived. Like, people are always paying attention to people's other people's behavior, and so I think humility goes a long way.
Speaker 2: In that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then you can also be a raging bitch too if you need to be. I'm just kidding, Okay, Hannah Cash, go for it, girlfriend, Hannah Cash. How do you stay present listening to players analysis answers versus focusing on what your next question or topic is. This is actually a conversation Chris and I had last week. You have to listen to players, which is why you have to study, because when he says something, or the coach says something, you have to be able to react.
Speaker 2: A follow up is wonderful, but.
Speaker 1: Also taking from your memory bank or your research of what you've looked at or what you've read or what you've watched. So like yesterday with Jordan Love, I had, you know, you got to ask about the end of the game. He actually hadn't seen it. He knew what happened, but he didn't see it. So I asked our producer to put it up for him so we could look at it and I could get his reaction.
Speaker 2: He was talking what a big play it is.
Speaker 1: As he's saying that, I'm trying to listen, but I'm also thinking another huge play in this was the throat of Christian Watson.
Speaker 2: Take us through that as well.
Speaker 1: So you kind of go in with a rundown or like things you want to hit, but you may have a guy that says something Richard Sherman, that wasn't what you expected, and you got to fucking play off of it. Yep, listen, listen, that's why we have two ears and one mouth. But then at the same time, hopefully you can multitask and that you're listening the same way. Like when I have a producer in my ear. My producer's giving me instructions on where we're going next in the rundown, but I'm still listening to what the guys are saying, so trying to get you know, multiple things at once, And I feel like that doesn't bother me, doesn't. I know, everyone's different in terms of how much they like a producer to talk to them in their ears. I mean, you could recite the Gettysburg address. I don't really care. That doesn't impact me. I just I can't stand it when I'm watching interviews and the player says something that just screams for a follow up, and the interviewer is just already set on their next question. So yeah, I think it's really important to listen but still have an idea where you want to go and just be willing to deviate with that direction based on the response of the INTERVIEWE. I agreed, Jennifer Catty. Jennifer Catty, please settle the debate. Do Willis and Howie have couch or bed privileges? Seems to be a hot debate among pet owners well Jennifer, you're adorable for asking that question. Aaron and I agree on a lot of things, we do not agree on this. I do not let my dogs in the bed. It took me years for them to even get out on the couch because I was like growing up, like our dogs were never might well, I should say say won. We only had a German shepherd growing up. His name was Hawkeye. He never was allowed in the house. He had a doghouse. He was outside all the times, and the only time he was even allowed inside was in the garage to it's the end of his life when my mom felt bad and was like, oh, like begging that my dad let him be in the garage. So that was just foreign to me that dogs should be inside. Obviously, I've had Willis for twelve years. He's my child. And then when I got Daisy, and then all the dogs that the dogs at the ranch don't come inside their ranch dogs, they don't want to come inside.
Speaker 2: They like love it outside.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Willis and Daisy are allowed to sit on the couch as long as there's a blanket. But no bed, no bed, no bed. You Yeah, if I were to do it over, we would not allow Howie on the bed, but we did since he was little, so that's kind of hard to tell an eight year old dog no buoyo. So how he has couch and bed privileges. He was my first child. We screwed up growing up. My mother did not let our animals on the furniture, so I went rogue. And he's a good boy, though, Howie will not go up on our couch unless his towel is underneath him, and he won't go up on the bed unless his blanket is underneath him. Oh okay, yeah, today, And I screamed six times at his father throughout the course of the evening of him snoring and me not sleeping.
Speaker 2: That poor dog was jumped up and was like, are you guys fighting? Are you fighting?
Speaker 1: Yes, we're having a pathway through this podcast.
Speaker 2: It's because she'd sleep last night. We're going to solve this problem.
Speaker 1: We're taking the problem to the main podcast, to the big hostage, and we're going to I'm going to offer up solutions that.
Speaker 2: Work in my house for Aaron and Jared.
Speaker 1: You guys, we love you, Thank you for sending in questions, comments, and can serve you.
Speaker 2: Join us on the big show. We've got a lot to discuss week eleven.
Speaker 1: In the NFL season, in the books, and plenty other topics Up Calm Down with Aaron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Y