Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: So you know all the Choco tacos have gone. You know they're taking them out of the ice cream trucks or whatever. And you laugh at me when I said I was amongst them. I don't think i've had one either, but I've seen I've been amongst them. But like when something is like, you know, rare or extinct, like and you were once a monks, then like it's like, uh, I was among them, like not everybody was around the No.
Speaker 2: I get it. It's something you'll be able to tell your kids, you know, like, hey, I was alive when Choco tacos just because they're not making anymore. It doesn't mean all that out of circulation. You know what you should do, and one of these ice cream trusts, you should buy one.
Speaker 3: And then and keep it forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or at least for a long time.
Speaker 3: Probably be worth money in bat ten years anything. Everything's worth what a person's wanting to pay for it more.
Speaker 2: I mean that's true. I think we might need to start developing another segment, meaning me, a monthly segment like deep Wisdom from Demanse. And it can it can just be like some of the oldest cliches in the world that Demanse has stumbled upon her thinks he invented, Like hey, did you know everything's worth whatever someone's willing to pay for it. It's like nobody. It's like you can see that on a quote of the day. No, No, you would have really enjoyed economics classes. No, I'm serious, like you, you would have enjoyed it. You are just like discovering in real time through experience the laws of supply and demand. Another possible segment college classes Demonse didn't take but would have excelled in.
Speaker 3: This is one of them.
Speaker 2: This is what you'd have been great. Your professor would have been like demonse, that's a great point. Glad to showed up today. Welcome in. What's right? Nick? Right? I think this is episode forty possibly of the regular show. We've done like fifteen of the top fifty players last fifty years countdown shows. By the way, player number two on that list coming out on Sunday. We have a ton to do today. However, I was going to, you know what, let me tell you what's not on today's show and then talk about something that happened last night and see if demons can relate before we get into the actual show. Here is what is not on today's show. McGregor Mayweather too. I am not interested in that, but I am certain your mother, the moment she hears about it, is going to say we need to go to Vegas for the fight. There is no question that even though I and I love boxing, I have no interest in that fight, and I'm gonna end up spending upwards of eight thousand dollars to go to this fight. Horford's brother says Katie Jalen Brown, rumor is BS and the Choco Taco has been discontinued. That I don't want to sound like a hipster. Here demon say, I've never had a choco taco. I know what they are, obviously.
Speaker 3: I don't think i've had one either. I didn't know I've been amongst them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been amongst them. You've been amongst them. Okay, that's one way to put it. Yes, I've also been in the wild amongst chocko tacos. I've never had them. I didn't know they were such a hot commodity. I guess they're not because they're being discontinued. Okay, So I was going to start today's show off differently than usual. However, now we're just gonna do the show normally. But I want to explain what happened. So, you know how some people get high and think they have these brilliant ideas, and then when the light of day comes, they're like, that was stupid, you know what I mean, Like they think they've saw I think that happens to me with drinking, and I because last you're agreeing, you're agreeing about me, or it also happens.
Speaker 3: To you, and I know exactly what you mean about the drinking.
Speaker 2: So I maybe had a number of cocktails last night, which is odd for me. On a random too, but I did. And about mid you know, glass four of Lobos Tequila, build a bigger table. This show's not sponsored by Lobos Tequila yet, but I imagine it will be at some point.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I thought I had this great idea of like starting the show reading Twitter responses to the plane commentary. Yesterday I found them. I even opened up the dock plane, the commentary about d boarding airplanes. Oh yeah, And I opened up the doc and I typed a note to everyone. And then this morning I looked at it and I was like, that's such a terrible idea, Like why did I think this was going to work? And why maybe it would have, but I just there are I'm going to start jotting down drunken ideas that I think in real time are brilliant and then seeing if any of them actually will play.
Speaker 3: I think every time anybody gets drunk, they think they're like four times the star than they actually are.
Speaker 2: Four to Oh, well, that's an end. See. I don't think it's a See. I don't think i'm a bit. I think I'm a pretty big star sober or.
Speaker 3: Not, no no's but four times be a massive star.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe I don't know, I just think I have these ideas that aren't great ideas. Maybe it wasn't a great idea to start the show talking about getting drunk on a Tuesday night. Okay, let's go demon day. What are we actually starting with this?
Speaker 3: To it? Forty nine Ers coach Kyle Shannan announced Trey Lance is the new starting quarterback. Yep, forty nine Ers nearly made the Super Bowl last year and now they're making a huge change and taking a big risk by doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is this the right call? It's unquestionably the right call. I like, listen, it is shocking to me that there are still some people out there that want to be Jimmy Garoppolo defenders. They should not exist that the people that have the most information on Jimmy Garoppolo keep telling you they know he is a hindrance, not a help in the Niners quest to winning a super Bowl. They made a Super Bowl Jimmy Garoppolo, and within nine months of that traded three first round picks for his replacement. They then made the conference championship game with Jimmy Garoppolo last year, and since then they won't let him in the building except to take a physical so they can cut him and not owe him any money. Shannan said he hadn't talked to him prior to this week all off season. And I know everyone loves to throw the winner winner. You know, here's his career record. Who wins seventy percent of his starts. They win despite him. He has four career playoff wins. In those four career playoff wins, he has one total touchdown pass one total touchdown pass in four career play In his four career playoff wins, he averages one hundred and twenty seven yards passing and a seventy passer rating, and is in his two career playoff losses, he's not much better. He has three touchdown passes, a seventy eight rating, and like two hundred and twenty yards passing. He I don't know, obviously, I can't tell you definitively Trailliance is gonna be awesome. And I can't even say I loved what I saw in college because he played at the FCS level and barely played his final year because of COVID stuff, and barely played last year. But I trust Lynch and Shanahan. I think it's a well run organization. I think that is almost an idiot proof offense because of what Shanahan does. He is gonna he has a better arm than Jimmy. He's a far better athlete than Jimmy. They gotta go forward with it. And here's the other point. If the Niners were making a mistake, someone out there would be eager to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo. No one wants to trade for him. They're gonna end up cutting him. He's twenty five million bucks on a non guarantee, you on an expiring deal, and nobody will trade for him. It Drew Locks' starting quarterback, Marcus Mariota is a starting quarterback. Mitch Trubisky's a starting quarterback. And here's another name. Tua Tonga Bilo is a starting quarterback. The reason it's truly damning that no one traded for Jimmy Garoppolo is because of the Tua thing in Miami. Why well, first of all, we know they were willing to move on from Tua to try to get Tom Brady. You can say, oh, well that's Tom Brady. Fair. But here's the other thing. We know who's the head coach in Miami, Mike McDaniel. Where did Mike McDaniel come from San Francisco where he was the offensive coordinator. So the guy who has the most hands on experience with Jimmy Garoppolo is on a team that's ready to win right now except for their quarterback, and they're not trading for so I yeah, I am. I think the Niners to me right decision. Not only is it the right decision, I think the Niners are right now with the Rams, is the favorites in the NFC. I think we are. It is entirely in play that the NFC championship game this year is the same one as last year. Rams Niners. I have no reason to believe the Rams are gonna take a significant step back. I think I have no reasona believe the Niners are gonna take a significant step back. I think they'll be better. And you look at the rest of the NFC. Packers lost Devonte Adams, and I just I can't believe in Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs after what we've seen the last couple of years, the Bucks and I know we're gonna get to Julio Jones later. I don't think that's a huge addition. They're a little spoiler for later in the show. And I think Brady told you he doesn't think the Bucks are Super Bowl contender by the fact that he tried to leave the team and he faked retired to try to get to a different team. Who else are we supposed to believe in? The Cowboys, who Jerry Jones doesn't even believe in, says he just wants them to be a viable playoff team. They I don't know who else I'm supposed to believe in? So yeah, I like the Niners and I like the Rams, even though they're in the same division and that is a brutal division. All right, what's next? Uh?
Speaker 3: Now that Kyler has signed, it's all Lamar Jackson's contract. Yep, but an anatomous coordinators said that he doesn't see Jackson his quarterback one or QB one should I said, said if Lamar has to pass the ball to win the game, that they're not winning the game. Unfortunately, this comment was unanimous.
Speaker 2: Anonymous, anonymous, unanimous, anonymous, don't worry, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: With all the noise around Lamar Jackson in the offseason, is it time for him to prove the haters wrong?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, here's the thing, the Lamar Jackson stuff. The some of these anonymous quotes are just nakedly racist and this this they just are. And it wasn't just about Lamar. I don't know if it was the same anonymous UH front office or scout or whomever that gave all these quotes, but like they called Mahomes a street baller, one read quarterback. They said they one of the quotes was, I don't give a if Lamar wins twelve straight MVPs. He's you know, he's not going to be able to perform in the postseason. It's it's just the old trope of athletic but dumb black quarterback. Okay, so, and that is why it is so hard to have an honest Lamar Jackson conversation. And I've said this for it, but I will say it again. There are and I am not a both sides guy. I do not. I think both sides ism is a scourge on the country. For the record, I think in real important things that matter, the idea that we must talk about two competing sides as if they have an equal monopoly on truth or damage to the country or any of that stuff is awful and it's a terrible job by journalism in general that they have not risen to the occasion to recognize that. Right now, we're in a very precarious spot. The idea of well, one side, you know, kind of wants dictatorial rule and the other side, you know, has a has an issue with pronouns, and so they're both a little Wow. It's maddening. However, there's my political commentary for the day. Now let's get to the football. The both sides thing on Lamar. I will both sides the Lamar commentary a bit, which is, here's what has happened with Lamar because his initial the initial criticism of him was so ridiculous. He should play a different position, He's not a quarterback in this league. And then midway through his rookie season they put him in the lineup and a team that was dead in the water gets the playoffs, and then his next year he wins the league MVP. What and some of those people didn't soften. What then happened on the other side was Lamar defenders because they are so disgusted by some of the commentary on the other side act as if there aren't some clear holes in his game, and it is true. He needs to improve his passing accuracy. That is true. Now, despite the fact that he is not, to me a super accurate passer or an incredibly reliable passer, he is still, without question, one of the ten best quarterbacks in football. If Lamar were the sixth most accurate quarterback in the league, he would be the best quarterback in the league because he is such a dynamic, historically great runner at the position. The only guy that comes close to the athlete at the position is Vic and he is bigger and stronger than Vic and almost as fast. So because so the point that I'm making is this I and the contract stuff is weird. I don't understand why he hasn't signed a new deal because of his style of play.
Speaker 3: I would if I were at R Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his mom's agent. I don't think that's helping him in this regard. I would want to get the guaranteed money because he puts himself at risks so often. But the idea that some people I think still believe that, well, you'd be better off with Matt Ryan or Ryan Tannehill because they're traditional pocket passers. It's just nonsense. But it is also nonsense to act like of the top flight quarterbacks in the league, he isn't the one with the biggest hole in the thing that matters the most in the playoffs, which is precision passing. And I think that there is a reason that he has struggled someone in the playoffs. Now, a lot of great quarterbacks have struggled the playoffs early in their career, and a lot of quarterbacks people like more than Lamar, like Justin Herbert, haven't even been in the playoffs yet in their career. The Lamar commentary, though, is so polluted by what I would consider the extremest opinions on it. When I think, if we're being fair, the fair Lamar Jackson commentary, and I think the honest Lamar Jackson commentary is this the guys, without a doubt, a top ten quarterback in the league, he's, without a doubt, a winning player. He, without a doubt, has needs to improve his passing accuracy, particularly on intermediate stuff and sideline stuff in order for the Ravens to be a Super Bowl favorite. And here's the other honest part. Smart football people know that, but almost talk about Lamar in a protective way because there's so much racially charged bullshit surrounding him that they almost need to deflect from it. And so that's what I think is the honest Lamar Jackson commentary. And by the way, I think the Ravens are positioned to be the third best team in the AFC this year. I think the Chiefs and the Bills are clear top two. I don't think the Bengals are making in the Super Bowl again. And the Ravens were eight and three last year and we're the one seed before dealing with all those injuries before their entire secondary went down and Lamar got hurt. So I think the Ravens can be very good.
Speaker 3: All right, next, Yeah, the Patriots seem to have a lot going on right now. Bill Pelichick said, Mac Jones made has taken the leap going into year two. Yeah, after being mute of praise towards Tom Brady. Yeah, and the team still seems to not have an offensive coordinator or a defensive coordinator in place.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Has Bill Belichick gone off as rocker?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, listen, the Matt Jones praise is interesting because it seems like he's compensating a bit. And here's a fun fact about the Patriots. The new England Patriots by a mile have the most expensive group of pass catchers in football. The league average cap dollars spent this year on wide receiver and tight end the position groups is thirty five million. The Patriots are seventy million. They're double the league average. Only one other team is above fifty and that's the Jags, who are very poorly run and they're trying to help Trevor Lawrence, so they overpaid for some guys. The Patriots have the most expensive tight end group in the league and the third most expensive wide receiver group in the league, and they don't have a top ten guy at either position, and they don't have a top thirty guy at receiver. So they've spent a lot of money, and I don't know it's been well spent. That's first thing, Mac, I'm not a Mac Jones believer. We talked about a ton on the TV show. I don't want to talk about it here, at least not right now. On the Belichick part, so Belichick is a bit of a victim of his own success in this regard. His staff always gets picked over, so eventually the brain drain, as Kevin Clark put it, catches up to you if your defensive coordinator keeps getting head coaching jobs. So Matt Patricia was his decordinator, gets a head coaching job. Then Brian Flores, who was underneath him, is this defensive coordinator, Then he gets a head coaching job. Then Joe Judge, who's a special teams coordinator, he gets a head coaching job. Then Josh McDaniels is offensive coordinator for a long time, he gets a head coaching job. All of a sudden, your staff gets picked away. Now Patricia and Judge are back after fail as head coaches. But they were defensive side of the ball guys and now they're helping with the offense. That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. It's the one of the reasons that Belichick I think has his sons on the staff because he knows they're not going anywhere. Like you want to have the institutional knowledge. Where Belichick has clearly I believe lost it to a degree is his draft. Because he's the head coach and the GM his drafts over the last few years have been egregious. And that's not just that's not reacting to this year's draft, where it looked like he really reached on Cole Strange. But it's the I think the only pre mac Jones. He had drafted one pro bowler since twenty fourteen, and it was the punter. Like they have had a lot of draft picks and a lot of misses. That's what's hurt them. I think the Patriots take a step back this year. I do not like them this season. I also do not like what is happening. The left side of my.
Speaker 3: Hair over the last two days bothering the.
Speaker 2: Hell out of me. I don't even know if the viewers can see what's bothering me, but I'm in this weird spot with my hair where I am going for the pony tail, well kind of the ponytail length, but I'm going for the look Aaron Rodgers had. Oh wow, the Nick Cage con air look. Yeah, that's the look I'm going for. But every time I get to this stage, because the sides bother me so much because they come out over my ears, I end up cutting it and then starting is starting over a bit. But I'm I'm gonna brave my way through it because I am going to head band. I do need a headband? Is I need something? Because this is bothering the hell out of me. All right, what's last.
Speaker 3: Let's talk some NBA. Sham's report is it Sham's or Shams? I want to say, Shams.
Speaker 2: Are we talking some NBA here? Okay, I'll trust you.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I thought we were talking Kyler. You're talking Kyler the next segment? Go ahead? Yeh yeah, you're right, it's Jams.
Speaker 3: Yep. Sham supported that Kyrie wants to play in Brooklyn without with or without Katie? Is Kyrie actually the good guy? All right?
Speaker 2: I want to be careful here, don't put this on social guys. This is again a podcast special. I like Chams. Chams obviously has good information and good sources. Chams is also a fellow Clutch client, like listen Chams. Also, I feel at times, you know, I don't want to say Carrie's water, but there are people that maybe you know, provide Chams with information and maybe occasionally he does them a service back by putting stuff out there. So I'm not saying it's not reliable. But here's what I'm saying. The idea that Kyrie Irving actually wants to stay in Brooklyn with or without Kevin Durant I do not believe to be true. And I'd like to say that without saying I'm doubting Chams' reporting, but I guess I am doubting chams Is reporting. I think that they Kyrie trying to recraft them.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Chams also reported when Kyrie has taken a bludgeoning for the vaccine stuff, that Kyrie Irving was not anti vax he simply wanted to be a voice for the voiceless, which was an interesting thing. Kyrie wouldn't talk about the vaccine stuff, but he's being a voice for the voiceless. And Kyrie was actually doing this because of the New York City municipal workers that lost their job. So there have been a few Shams has been pretty reliable on getting the most positive spin on a Kyrie Irving story out. And so yeah, I don't think Kyrie's actually the good guy, and I don't necessarily buy this, and I and I you know, I hope I didn't just make my life harder by saying all that I probably did. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblasts, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberger, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: So how many Twitter followers did I get you yesterday?
Speaker 3: Like to get follow Yeah? No, I was just about to say about a hundred. Oh, you're almost a five thousand. Yeah, I can probably get there in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks. M all right, we could do something interesting. So I am just like during the show, I passed four hundred ninety five thousand because I'm a forner thousand and six fos. Wh I am five thousand short of five hundred thousand?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Do you think you will get to five thousand before I get to five hundreds on.
Speaker 3: My marketing degree?
Speaker 2: But yeah, one hundred percent. Do you want to make an interesting?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How injured? Do you want to make it really interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's making it interesting. You're talking about it that you're putting something on the line here. Yeah, okay, Like.
Speaker 2: What is the most money you're willing to risk? If you will whatever you risk, I will risk tenfold bet. Think about this.
Speaker 3: You said tenfold.
Speaker 2: So if you were to say you're going to risk one dollar, I'll risk ten dollars. If you were say you're gonna risk one hundred dollars, I'll risk one thousand dollars. So the race, the race would this would be the bet, and I will let you pick the stakes. This is another instance where you gotta be careful here. Yeah, and we're on camera, and this bet will be paid on camera. Okay, Will Demonse get to five thousand followers before I get to five hundred thousand followers, I will give you ten dollars one odds.
Speaker 3: When were you at four hundred? When would you say you had four hundred and ninety thousand followers?
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell you weeks ago, weeks ago. Yeah, I mean, my followers don't don't increase that quickly because most people know about me.
Speaker 3: Five tho weeks ago. Okay, Well, I get it.
Speaker 2: All that's true. So here's the by the way, Gabe is Gabe is offering you advice. He says, don't do it. He says that I'm the key to you getting followers, and that I could turn off that golden fawcet.
Speaker 3: Yeah I have. I have noticed that I get a lot of followers when you engage with my stuff. But I think I've got I think I've got something for that in my back pocket.
Speaker 2: Oh you do. Yeah, okay, it happens. So say the amount and then we'll get to the show.
Speaker 3: This is taking Okay, So I'm not gonna go low like I did last time. I'll go with uh but what you say is how much your risk? Yeah? I know it's it's I'm I'm risking. But I get ten more than you get, ten times more than that. Yes, yeah, so I'll go with about one thousand, thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: One thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a thousand.
Speaker 2: You're gonna risk one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: One thousand dollars for ten thousand dollars, yes, easily, for thirteen hundred followers.
Speaker 2: One thousand dollars is a percentage of your network? Oh you know what, I just really Okay, So is this a deal.
Speaker 3: This is a deal.
Speaker 2: So you're risking one thousand dollars a thousand and I'm risking ten thousand. Yeah, and it will be paid on the show. I thought you were gonna say, like two hundred bucks. Wow. Now here's the tricky part. Will Laurie our great what's right social media manager?
Speaker 3: She will.
Speaker 2: Posts this video. I think I could lose within a day. Yeah, I think that people. I am a little worried that people might unfollow me.
Speaker 3: If I am close. No, I feel like that was the thing with you before, like in the past. Yeah, that's one hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that happened, you know what.
Speaker 3: And the fans just love me, the fans love you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I might have a strategic error here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely. I see the flaws here.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know what, you might have out foxed me, out fox you might have. I'm thinking about this more and more. Oh, man, I hope your mom doesn't find out about this. I might call it laur and say X nay tweet a. We'll see, all right, we'll see. Are we ready to actually do the show now? Yeah? I mean you have tupple your net worth.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are we doing right now here?
Speaker 3: So let's talk about Kyler Murray's contract. It includes an independent study, independent study of addendum addendum yep, the contract. Yeah, it mandates Murray not not look at his phone or play video games while watching film.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: What do the Cardinals have against us? Gen z is being able to multitask?
Speaker 2: Uh? Okay, so let me listen. This is mortifying for all parties involved. Nothing says we have faith in our quarter of a billion dollar quarterback, like basically saying we want to put a nanny cam in your house. First of all, four hours of study a week is minimal for an NFL quarterback. Second of all, the fact that they included in there it doesn't studying doesn't count if you're playing video games during it. It is the exact conversation I had with you and Ice high school, like literally like, no, demanse, you're not studying for your math test if you are literally playing Grand Theft auto. Oh, it's like no, I'm multitest like it's it's but for them to put this in writing to me just screams a serious organization and demanse. If if they activate this clause, it voids his contract guarantees, so he has one hundred million and guaranteed dollars. Now, so why is it in there? Well, because Kyler was honest with the New York Times and said he's not a big film study guy. He also said during the pandemic he started playing way more video games than before. He's in one of those like Twitch plan like sponsored groups. I get all that, but this is this to me, This is a I already am a Kyler Murray skeptic. This is a massive red flag. And if you're the Cardinals, if you think you need this, uh this clause, then you shouldn't given them the contract. You add him under contract for two more years and you could franchise tag him. This has disaster written all over it. All right, it's we're playing a new game.
Speaker 3: The game is playing a new game. It is called likely, maybe or what if. But here's how it works. I'll read you a new story. You'll predict three outcomes, what's likely, what can happen, and then what if scenario.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'm with that. I think go ahead.
Speaker 3: So our first scenario is, Julio Jones signed with the Caners on Tuesday. How do you think he'll perform the season, all.
Speaker 2: Right, It's likely that what's most likely is the trajectory continues. Julio went from sixteen hundred yards to thirteen hundred yards to seven hundred yards to three hundred yards over the last four years. He went from eight touchdowns to six touchdowns, to three touchdowns to one touchdown. So it is likely that Julio Jones is a high impact player. That's over that he has a few hundred yards. He's fifth on fourth or fifth on the bucks and receiving and that's it.
Speaker 3: But maybe Julio, well you said it's likely that he is a high impact No, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, that the trajectory continues and he doesn't have a big impact, that he has a few hundred yards. It's likely that Julio finishes this year with four hundred and ten yards, receiving a couple touchdowns. That's the likely outcome. But maybe he's rejuvenated by being with Tom Brady, by not being in that tight I understand it was very effective, but it's Ryan Tannehill, it's Derrick Henry centric offense, and he was banged up, and so there's that. And the what if scenario is it if who. I am a skeptic on the Bucks as Super Bowl contenders this year. If Julio somehow has one more great year in him, then they could be dynamic. And now I think that is the least likely. I think Julio is more likely to play in fewer than five games than he is to have more than fourteen hundred receiving yards. But if he has a monster year, it changes the math for the Bucks because we know how good Mike Evans is and Brady was really good last year. All right, what's our next one?
Speaker 3: All right? Next one is Russell Westbrook was in more trade rumors with the Jazz Pacers and Knicks are reportedly in the mix. What are some ways you could see this playing out?
Speaker 2: All right? It is likely. I still believe that Russell Westbrook is traded and the Lakers end up with Kyrie, or that I think is the most likely scenario. I think they will include the draft picks. I think Kevin Durham is going to get moved, and when that happens, the Nets are going to have to move on from Kyrie, and the Lakers are the only one that'll give them one draft pick, much less two draft picks. But maybe Russell Westbrook is that the Kyrie is not available and they end up trading him to the Pacers for Healed and Miles Turner, and they have to include a draft pick. And the what if is what if the Lakers actually do run it back?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: And that, to me is the just would be so depressing that in year twenty, when Lebron is coming off one of his best offensive years ever, when he's going to break Kareem's scoring record this season, if it's done for a mediocre Lakers team that will win, you know, a forty five ish games and have no chance to win a title that is on the and it's a super depressing possibility. All right, what's next?
Speaker 3: Alex Antietoumpo was signed to the Bucks G League affiliate, raising their total to three out of four ampos. Why do the Bucks keep signing the honest family members?
Speaker 2: Why do the Bucks keep signing Gianni's family members?
Speaker 3: Probably a well, go ahead, I mean because look at Giannis. What do you mean? Yeah, I mean it's like maybe somebody else will turn into another.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's not why.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, it's because like Yanna, stay with us, don't leave.
Speaker 2: It's out of respect. To what he does. Why does I don't know why both work?
Speaker 3: Fot?
Speaker 2: I mean, what are you talking about? I mean, I don't know, I don't know. I mean, first things first, what's right? Show employees three members of my family?
Speaker 3: Thing?
Speaker 2: I think Giannis deserves at least the respect I get. I mean, what are we talking about? Why do they keep hiring on the goompos makes a lot of sense. You got the best player in the league and he likes hanging out.
Speaker 3: With them like happy wife, happy life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, happy Giannest get a great franchise, right. The Lakers gave the Costas Costas a job years ago, just it hopes if Jannis was a free agent he'd go there. Yeah, so yeah, why not? I didn't even know there was a fourth I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I just thought there were three.
Speaker 2: But so yeah, I mean, this is how things work. The Knicks gave j R. Smith's brother Chris a job years ago. This is j R. Smith, this is Yannis. So I don't know if the.
Speaker 3: If Smith had an elite career man.
Speaker 2: So it's yeah, I love Jail, I absolutely love him. It wasn't good enough to where you should sign his family ever, so on this for Yannis. It's likely this is just be cut out of respect for Gianni's but maybe they're, like, hey, Jannis, was you know, a raw prospect. Maybe one of these guys can turn into something. But what if? The best butt what if is what if at some point they get all four of them? They get all four of them at one point they roll out a four on a koompole lineup?
Speaker 3: Love that even if, even though if the one is kind of bad and you just playing, who cares?
Speaker 2: I guess A good question is this would four would Jannis, his three brothers and a replacement level fifth player, just a league average fifth player? Could that team make the playoffs?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Would Giannis and his brothers plus just.
Speaker 3: I wish he had a fit company? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Could? My answer is yes. I think he couldn't win a title. Obviously he couldn't win a playoff from him, but just Yiannis plus the joy of playing with his brothers, I think could win forty games. I think they could at least make the play in. All right, what's the next.
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers showed up to camp dressed like Nick, Nick Cage and conn Air. Yeah, he never does anything unintentionally. What do you think he's trying to say, here.
Speaker 2: I don't you know what I'm a I I don't even want to do it. I don't want to I don't want to answer this question. I'm over the year, really yeah, And it kind of irritates me that I am going for.
Speaker 3: The He's not gonna feed in, He's not gonna feed into the Aaron Rodgers face.
Speaker 2: No, and now but now he's beaten me to it, and now people are gonna be like, you're trying to look like Aaron Rodgers when I'm not. I am trying to look like like the hair of Nick Cage and Connor Air. So I don't I'm not doing it. I mean, you know, move on, I'm not doing it, especially because we're gonna need extra time for this last one.
Speaker 3: All right, well last one is the Pentagon announced they're creating an office to investigate UFOs. What are they? What are they going to find out?
Speaker 2: All right, I'll play the game and then Matt Ford a reliable producer, and I need to discuss this. It's likely they find out aliens are real and they don't tell us, But maybe they find out aliens are real and they do tell us, And what if This is the that aliens have been monitoring to see if we're ever gonna take them real seriously. We now finally are, and there are repercussions. So here's the Matt, if I can talk to you, because Matt and I care about this story in a way most people don't. Matt and I have a few things in common, a number of things in common, but one of them is we both love tennis and love gambling on it, and we are both very, very interested in this story. Am I able to talk to Matt? I think, and you'll see it. I'll tell you if I hear you in my ear, and then there we go. There's Matt. Well, OK, Matt, I need to have a real conversation with you about this, my friend, because here is my concern. My concern is not that the we the Pentagon is open to UFO office. My concern is that nobody seems to give a shit what we are. You as concerned as me that this did not resonate, that this did not get as much run on Twitter as a hundred different news stories that same day. And is it not a bad sign for our future if everyone is so just and checked out on things that the goddamn Pentagon saying we're opening a UFO office. Wasn't everyone stop and let's reevaluate moment.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, Nick, this is I think the Kyrie Irving drama of the off season pales in comparison to the idea that aliens are on our planet. We need to drop everything. This is the only story that matters in the course of human history.
Speaker 2: It's the only story that matters, right, That's the thing, and that's what's frustrating to me. It makes me believe that if aliens were proven to be, if they were like, hey, we have proven aliens exist. We have proven, in fact, I'll take us up further, we have proven they once visited Earth. I worry that that would be like a three day story and then we'd move on. It's insane to me. Are you an aliens guide to monse?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Do you believe aliens? Do you believe there are other sentient beings? Okay, do you believe that they have visited Earth? I'm not going to judge you for any answer.
Speaker 3: I do think that they've like maybe been in the sky before, like our atmosphere, but not necessarily so I am one million percent convinced that there are what we would consider aliens, other intelligent life forms in the universe.
Speaker 2: I think it is an untenable position when you look at the scope of the universe to think that that, I think it's an absurd position. Well, let me let me walk it back a bit. If you're a deeply religious person and you believe we were you know, we were God's creation, I anstand that it's not. Then it's not a ridiculous belief. Everyone. I respect your faith if you're like me and not a deeply religious person. Just from a logical perspective, I think it is absurd not to believe, uh, that there are other either human like or whatever you want to call them, just aliens out there. Do I believe they visited Earth? I think it's on the board, Do I think? Am I a little questionable? And when we have all these air force pilots and commercial pilots who were like, I saw this thing in the sky. It was unlike any plane. It did this, that and the third, and then every time the answer has been, oh, no, you didn't see what you saw. No, that's a that's the new B two bomber, you said, know about it? I don't know if I buy all that, and I would. I I'm gonna say my second political thing of the day. I don't know if the audience knows this, but they probably have guessed it. Not a big Trump guy, not a huge fan of the dom. Uh. I think he's probably, you know, was not a great president. Fact, maybe one could argue, you know, with with respect to Taft and you know a few others, maybe the worst president.
Speaker 4: Nick's a big taff guy.
Speaker 2: I am as ye oh, I don't listen, listen. He's a good good man. I suppose, big man. We've had some bad ones. Not a big Woodrow Wilson guy. I was, you know, kind of a klansman.
Speaker 3: Say that. Look it up, look at him.
Speaker 2: Uh am, I gonna get sued by his airs. I don't know. Uh, you know, there's not a he doesn't matter, not a big Andrew Jackson guy. There's a lot of bad ones. Okay, We've had some good ones, bad ones. Not a big fan of Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I did think though, that one of the few good things that were gonna come out of the era was I thought he was gonna declassify all the alien ship. I thought he'd just be like, hey, he was always about cracking us, and you know what, don't pay attention to the fact that I opened up a hotel that I own literally across the street from the White House and every foreign dignitary stays there and pays me. Don't pay attention to that. Instead, here's the aliens, and he never did it. Now, maybe he's saving that for inevitable term two or what seems to be inevitable term three and four and five, or whenever his kid takes over. Because we're all screwed anyway. But I would like for somebody, yeah, to give us the real real on aliens. We can handle it, and so that's what I'm hoping.
Speaker 3: It definitely does seem right up Donald Trump's sally to do something like that.
Speaker 2: Well I would have thought so too. Yeah, oh no, oh no really At two, Laurie What's Right Show tweeted Whispers follow Demonse Bird on Twitter. We find out what tomorrow's What's right with Nick?
Speaker 3: Right? Trust us, dude, I just got a follow back from Fox or a follow from Fox Sports.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's yeah. Not First of all, if guys, you shouldn't be happy about that, Demonse.
Speaker 3: Why we are Fox Sports.
Speaker 2: I know, and they're just now following you, buddy. Yes, existed for six months. We'll be right back, all right, welcome back in What's right, Nick, Right. But by the way, a reminder, Number two on our accunt down to the fifty greatest players the last fifty years comes out on Sunday. It's one of our very best episodes yet. And the Jordan episode has nearly one hundred thousand views on YouTube. I'd love if you got two hundred thousand, so check that out if you haven't yet checked out. He was number three on our list. All right, Demanse, you know that Kyler contract that we were talking about. How is all this guaranteed money? But it has the clause of you have to do four hours of studying a week. It's gotta be you can't be second screening video games or TV. We drew one up for you. So Demanse bird contract addendum Demand agrees satisfy the following podcast requirements. Demanse has permitted three mispronunciations per show taping. Should demand exceed three mispronunciations, it will be susceptible to a fine and or a mandatory babysitting of your little sister that's on there today. By the way, you did great. You only had one, and oddly enough it was anonymous was the one, not even poopo. You got that right. Number two, if the Wi Fi goes out more than twice per episode, Demande will be forced to call the internet company and sit on hold instead of me. So this was And you might say, why would that be on Demanse? Demant is supposed to hard wire his computer, but occasionally forgets, and then the wife occasionally.
Speaker 3: No, I've never never, it's an occasional thing. If it's happened more than once, It's never happened more than once.
Speaker 2: It's never happened more than once.
Speaker 3: There's never been a time. Okay, I'm not standing for it. Always have the internet plugged in there except for today, except for the times when I'm charging it, and I know that I'm charging it, I unplugged it. When did you guys make this?
Speaker 2: I mean, we can't tell you that. And number three is that Demonse acknowledges dinosaurs did in fact exist. We don't have to go back down that route. So I'm just letting you know. This is uh. I mean, I would say you have to agree to this. But this is just enforce it. It's just how it's gonna be, buddy. So it just just let you know. It's an addendum to the contract. It's not because we don't believe in you. And by the way, today was the last show that Demanse was staying in the apartment about thirty minutes north of here. And you you exceed you.
Speaker 3: Know what, you did great every single every show he was, he was here exactly when he said he was going to be here.
Speaker 2: He handled he did a great job. Okay, speaking of people exploiting their children for their own game, as some would argue, I'm doing with this show, I want to talk about the newest trend on TikTok and everywhere. It's the this put on your shoes bullshit, which is can we play a couple examples for the audience the idea before we play it. The idea is you tell your kids put on their shoes because you're about to fight somebody and they might have to fight that person's kid.
Speaker 3: It also could be true.
Speaker 2: Well, well, let's just let's play the videos and then I'm gonna rant about why I hate them. Go ahead, I need I need to. I'm gonna go beat up this girl. And if our daughter jumping, I need to handle her daughter. Let's go to shoes on. Say what this girl's get doing her hair and getting ready to actually go do it.
Speaker 4: Put your shoes on now, fine, because I'm gonna go fight this girl.
Speaker 3: And if her son comes out, I need you to fight him.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay. So those two examples, I would say are not awful. I think that they're kind of funny if you go far enough down this rabbit hole of this. There's one kid that starts to cry and says, I can't do it. And we were gonna play that because it's more indicative of my point, but I don't want to play it because I don't want to further traumatize this kid. And this this theme of people parents getting so toxic internet brain that they look at their children as vehicles for social media clout, I hate it. Listen, you want to post funny videos of your kids on your Facebook feed to Twitter feed. I get, We've all done it. I understand that as long as it's not a video of your child experiencing trauma, as long as it's not a video like you, I'm all for the wholesome, heartwarming family videos or cute kids being cute kids and listen, I had Dianna, who's eight years old, hosts the show. But what I wouldn't do is if Deanna and her best friend got in a big fight and Deanna was just beside herself because she can be quite dramatic and between us it is a little funny at times, and Deanna thinks like her life is over as she got into an argument bleep out the other kid's name for yeah, I would never put that on the internet. And I don't know why people have decided that this is okay it all and my buddy Laslow pointed this out and I want to credit him. It all started. I shouldn't say it all started, but a good you know the canary in the coal mine if you will, was do you remember the kid who had just come back from the dentist and was in the backseat of the car, high out of his mind on laughing gas or anesthesia, and his dad's recording him, and the kid's like, where am I, what's happened? The kid is tripping balls and is really scary, and the dad's like, let me put this on ig. What is wrong with people, like, what is what is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: All right? What there's a yeah, No, it's it's really bad. I think sometimes to some people just aren't thinking. You know, some situations are what they are. But there's a video on there much later that's really funny to me. The kid's reactions like super funny.
Speaker 2: Is it the kid that's upset?
Speaker 3: No, it's not the kid. The baby it's not crying.
Speaker 2: Tell people to watch this. You're encouraging to behave You're undercutting my entire point.
Speaker 3: Which is it's really bad, you shouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Thank you to Mosey. There needs to be people need to recognize your kids exist for many reasons, none of which are to up your engagement and to up your your following. I find now there was like a new there was a twist on it, which was the Italian guy that asked his Italian mother to come fight the other person's mom and she was totally about it.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: You can call me a hypocrite on this, I don't care. I'm all for the videos of exploiting old people. I got the videos of like where you trick the dad into thinking the TV is broken and he freaks out starts screaming and yelling. I actually like the those videos to a degree, but the children America. Please do better on this. We'll talk to you next week.