Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. You and I make decisions every day, but on Prize Picks, being right can get you paid. Don't miss any of the excitement this season on Prize Picks, where it's good to be right. Week three of football was very entertaining. Those block field goals that led to touchdowns both by the Jets and the Eagles were crazy. Jalen Hurst and the offense really showed up too, And don't get me started on Jonathan Taylor and the Coats. They had a date. Making picks on Prize Picks simple. Be sure you download the app for the upcoming games, which players are going off, which players aren't. Prize Picks is the best way to win cash this football season. Make your picks in less than sixty seconds. Prize pix is the best place to win cash while watching sports. Join millions of users and sign up today. Download the app today. Use cod Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's code Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. Prize Picks, It's good to be right. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us as you watched the Seattle Seahawks get a big division win on the road twenty twenty three to twenty on a walk off field goal by Myers, who missed one earlier that allowed the Cardinals to go down the field and tie the game up twenty twenty, but he redeems himself. The Seattle stays within the striking distance of the undefeated forty nine ers, but they went on the road twenty three to twenty over the Arizona Cardinals. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite on Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts. He's Liberty City's own. He's Bengals Ring of Fame honoree, former pro bowler, All Pro matting ratings adjuster. Here he is all the way from Liberty City. Chad O Jo Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that some right button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We like to thank each and every one of you, those that were waiting in the chat, those that have sa supported us faithfully over the last two years. Ocho and I and the Nightcap family cannot thank you enough because it because of you we're able to accomplish what we've been able to accomplish, the wars you see in the backdrop. The awards Ocho hasn't received yet because they're cost fifty nine hundred dollars for shipping and handling. But it's all because of you, guys. Thank you so very much for your support and you'll continue support. Make sure you check out Shay by Laportier. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, we're coming. If we're not there yet, but ordered online, we'll shipping directly to your door the best tasting premium vsop KGNAC on the market. Ask anyone that has tried it, they can attest to it, they can vouch for it. If you haven't, you will not be disappointed. Just ordered online will ship it directly to your door. Please drink responsibil and stay safe out there. Go find of our media company, Shayshay Media on all of its platforms and my clothing company eighty four eighty four dot com. Well not eighty four dot com, but it's eighty four being spelled out. That's what I meant to say that eighty four dot com. But guess what that link is also pinning in the chat. We've been penning a lot of stuff in the chat. Oh Joe Again, We've been nominated for Nightcap. It's been nominated for two awards, two single awards under the genre Best Sports Podcast and under the video Best Video Podcast.
Speaker 2: Co host team.
Speaker 1: Later tonight, Chiefs wide receiver Breath of Fresh Air, Iikwon Thornton is joining us. But first the ballgame. Donald does enough and he outduals Kyler Murray. Seattle moves to three and one of the season, Arizona drops to two and two. The Seahawks defense guy a they got after him tonight O shoe six sacks, eight pass defense.
Speaker 2: Two I in TSU and the two I n t's.
Speaker 1: Man, we're gonna have to have a conversation about Marvin Harrison junior. Oh, but I was surprised, Oh, Jill, I was surprised. I'm surprised. Look, congratulations to the Seahawks. Sam Donald sixteen or twenty six, two hundred and forty two yards. They got thirty five carries, one hundred and fifty five yards on the ground, so that was a huge win for them to go on the road on a short week. It's always tough on a short week to go on the road because that gives you a less date because everybody else gets to stay home and you have to travel the day before, so you get one last date. But that was a big win, a division win for a team to go on the road and win this game. But on yall, are you are you surprised that Marvin Harrison junr Has struggled as much as you have, considering none of the other great whe If you go back your study Ohio State receivers, they don't normally struggle. You look at Jackson Smith and Jigbu. You look at Amukah, you look at Garrett Wilson, you look at Christal Lava, you look at Terry Gle. You look at all the receivers, David Boston, all the receivers that have come out of there, Michael Thomas, Michael Thomas, all the receivers. I'm surprised given the pedigree and how great we thought he was gonna be because he was phenomenal. Letting the Kopf Award winner. He was a phenomenal and he's still can be. But he I think, head o Joe, that's what That's what I was.
Speaker 2: I was going to say the same thing right now. He got the he got the drops. He's listened.
Speaker 3: Uncle, I've been there before. I know exactly how he's feeling. Sometimes when you when you drop one, it gets in your head. And they started off the game beautiful hunk. They started the game off. They threw him some easy they got him smoke screen right away to get to get his confidence going. Yeah, you touch it, boom, let me feel a part of the game. Forget the last game and the drop of the hat. But then you come back and then you miss one. You drop a slam, You drop a slam. I'm not maybe you took your eyes off the ball, but you understood contact was coming.
Speaker 2: Ooh, and it happens. And then it's an interception. Boom.
Speaker 3: That takes away from you, that takes away from me. Right there, They dig route hunk, They dig rout. But Kylin Murray was scrimming to the to the right. He threw it and he kind of stopped on the rock and he thought, yeah, he gave up.
Speaker 2: You know you can't.
Speaker 3: But he thought Colin's going scram we thought Collin gonna scramble out, so he was getting ready to pivot out and open himself.
Speaker 2: Up for Kylerklin had already red bingo.
Speaker 1: Because you know where didn't make that move like that.
Speaker 2: That's something that needs to be built in that time.
Speaker 4: That happens over time. You know, yes, you made read body language.
Speaker 3: But obviously that was a mistake that that that that that was intercepting too, right, that was yeah.
Speaker 1: The first yeah so and the second one he thought it yeah, popped up in there.
Speaker 2: Bob him out his hand. It got the innosition. I'm glad to see.
Speaker 3: Well, outside of how the first half went, I'm glad to see in the second half, parlor around.
Speaker 4: Stayed stayed with him. They had trusted him.
Speaker 3: They made place specifically formed down the stretch to go in there to win that game. He has some big catches on that drive to tie the game up. So I think that's a good thing. And when your neighbor you talk about some of the other receivers, the Ohio State receiver that have that have had early success in their career, I think at some point they can also get in these situations I'm where.
Speaker 2: They struggle sometimes and they dropped the ball. It's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: It happened to all, It happened to all the greats, all all the best, and it just happened to him early. It's better to get it out now as opposed to later.
Speaker 2: True, but it happens to all of us. I agree.
Speaker 1: But you could see him take a big side what he called that touchdown? Ono, Now that's on what's twenty one?
Speaker 2: Name? Hold on? Let me see what whetherspoon, wetherspoon, whetherspoon.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, he has a safety standing right there. I don't care what you do inside. I'm running to the Poland. I'll meet you at the Poland. And when you get them, gonna be standing just like this, arms folded, because the only thing, the only place I'm vulnerable is where oho to the seventh round route. Yeah, that's the only place I got a safety. Ain't is standing right there? I dare you run? I dare you run a post? I dare you run?
Speaker 2: A Basicly? You got help inside you is standing right there. And the funny thing about.
Speaker 1: It, but sometimes, oyo, what happens is that you get so caught up and thinking about who you got. Oh, I'm an d I'm gonna do I'm gonna d u up. I'm gonna du up. You forget your responsibility. You're only vulnerable to the seventh round, only vulnerable. And Gill give Kyla car credit. He gave him a chance at it, kind of like a back shoulder but and and and and uh Marvin Jr. Elevated and went over the top of it. But if you notice Ojoe, he does a lot better job when he can face the ball, the touchdown, face the ball, the back shoulder.
Speaker 2: He caught the ball like this.
Speaker 1: It is like when he only can see half of we like he can't get his whole body around and pick up the whole ball. He's gonna have to get better out of picking up the ball, get picking.
Speaker 2: It up and listen.
Speaker 3: He's been good at it because we saw him do it in college. He's phenomenal. He's phenomenal. I think he just in his head. Once he gets once he gets out of his head, he's gonna be fine. Uncle, I've had a saying I had a game similar to that, and I said it last time we paid it laid the Buffalo bills.
Speaker 2: Uncle had dropped maybe three four balls. I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Easy easy pause, easy catch up balls, uncle, and it didn't.
Speaker 4: It didn't really affect the game. But the fact that even dropped him.
Speaker 3: I was in my head to the point, well, Carson would tell me something in the huddle and I tell him, don't come to me.
Speaker 2: Don't come to me right now.
Speaker 3: Or when I have a slam rider, I tell Carson, get me out, give me out, because the outriders a little bit more comfortable for me to why I don't have to deal with so you can Yeah, yeah, I'm serious. Un I would tell him, Carson, give me out on this from don't don't he had called two eighty four. Obviously you know two is a slant. I say Carson, I'm I'm gonna quick out because I want I'm gonna get myself back in rhythm because I keep dropping the ball and I be on my own head. So I know exactly what young Bully's going through. But he's gonna be all right, get get it out now as opposed as opposed to it happened later, I think he's gonna be okay. It was very important for him, It was very important for the officer coordinator and Kylage are still believing him at the end of that series to give him.
Speaker 2: To him what happened on? Man, I don't know what you got fa it ain't coming through this. It ain't coming through this.
Speaker 4: Yeah you yeah, I gotta I got I got a little cold.
Speaker 1: No, I don't chat what I tell y'all last night, man y'alling about man ut like unk in the same room.
Speaker 2: No, it don't matter that that right there, travel you heard me. I slept under the ac by accident.
Speaker 1: I don't know where you slept. You slip up unto something. But I don't want it. Come on, I don't want it.
Speaker 2: You got it, Yeah, it'd be going. It'll be going tomorrow. It'll be going tomorrow. Hey, you know what I do?
Speaker 3: Like though, I don't mean to get off topic right but right now I wish I could keep my voice like this because it's like a like an evening radio sexy voice.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it's like. I know what it's like. You got that that that would have sounded like? Man, Please, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I think I got some lights up under the seat, kitchen cow, the bad down, I think so, thank so, George bad give me something.
Speaker 2: Let's let's get this thing up out of here, that thing.
Speaker 3: Traveling this this this is listen. Can't hit me real quick. This is my radio voice. This is my radio voice. It's it's my sexy voice. And I just try to put this on at times because my girl like it. She liked when I sound like this. Hey that's sexy, ain't it. Ain't it sexy?
Speaker 2: Man that think?
Speaker 1: Hey boy, that thing travel like a hurricane, that things, that thing projecting to be here.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, it's just it's just a little cold. I just got a little cold my throat of little saw.
Speaker 2: That's all my thought. The little sawt ain't nothing. That's how. That's how. It's no, no, no, no. I slept under the a C. I had the AC on sixty by accident.
Speaker 1: You told me, you told me on a chat y'all. Remember he said he don't burn his a C. I ain't spending no God taking money on y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about on the airplane. Yeah, on the own spirit. The AC was gonna hipha, bring those wipes or something. I think I got some wife or something now here, y'all.
Speaker 1: Come on, I don't know. I'm just saying. I'm just look, it's just precaution there. I ain't saying it could be you know, it might be I don't win outside in dogwood or wood.
Speaker 3: Maybe you allergic the allergies. I just told you the A C on the spirit of flight. The AC was high and I fell asleep and the event was on me.
Speaker 1: Look, let me let me clean my little area. You right here, make sure. Don't nothing happened, now you good, you good, y'all. Don't don't mind me. Chat y'all.
Speaker 2: Just go ahead and boy, hey, chat chat? How do I sound? Chat? Did? This is?
Speaker 3: This is the sexy if I've ever sounded. That's why I like sometimes when I get a little sick sometime and my voice gets real deep, I sound like a radio radio DJ in the evening. This is I don't care. Hey, hey, look look this is hot one O five. Thank you for listening to the choet storm with oh yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that's that. That's that Bengals voice, not whoa whoa whoa. Hey, don't do that. Don't don't do that. Don't do that because listen you.
Speaker 3: You all right, all right, We're gonna see you. Don't mind talking, okay, anyway, chat anyway?
Speaker 2: Chat. The game was good. The game.
Speaker 3: But the game was good obviously. Uh, both both teams played very well defensively. For for me, the one thing that stuck out is Marvin Harrison. He got he's got to be. He's got to be in that same conversation with the Malik Neighbors, the Justin Jeffersons, the Brian Thomas Jr. I think Brian Thomas Jr. Actually that's another one, Brian Thoman Jr.
Speaker 2: This this season.
Speaker 3: I'm he's struggling right now, but I think he's gonna be alright. And listen, we talked about we talk about you understand the lineage, understand the DNA and the makeup in which Marvin Harrison Junior comes from.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be all right. He's gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: Just you had have games like this, you know, as a young pup, and it's better to get out early like this as opposed that it happened later on down the line.
Speaker 2: And he gonna be alright, he gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just have to, like I said, you know, you wanted to be consistent. You love the uh, the grit, the fight that he showed in the second half because he made those plays in the second half, and that's what you want to see for a young player. He didn't duck his head, but you could just see boys like boy. I'm sure that I called this one and it seemed like he got his confidence back. He just needs to carry that over to the next game. And like I said, you know, look, he's got a great someone he can lean on. He can pick up the phone and call his dad like that. I know you had a game or two like this.
Speaker 2: What did you do? How did you get that? Do I need to get on the drugs?
Speaker 1: Or do I need to have the backup quarterback to throw me something where I'm just looking at it, you.
Speaker 2: Know, side of my head?
Speaker 1: Do I don't have to like you know, because unless you just coming back straight to the ball, old Joe, it's hard to get your whole body around because most of the time you catch you like this, So.
Speaker 2: You catch it like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, is there's something that I need to do that that would that would help me? But I just think the thing is, like, son, look do what you did to get you there. You're the fourth pick in the draft. You've been here before. Your you you on the road to being a great football player. Don't overthink it. Play, don't overthink it because look, a lot of a lot of what we do is between here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, if you get to that level, everybody got ability. Now do some players have more ability than Absolutely? Are some players smarter than others?
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: You don't get to that level without having some ability. And some players have more ability. He has the We're not even worried about the ability. But the middle aspect is a lot of times what separates the guys. I mean, once you have the mineral capabilities and you have the mental capacity to match it.
Speaker 2: But man, sometimes in the middle of a game or shoe you drop on the two do something to you. It does something to you.
Speaker 3: Hold on, not just drop when you drop one and it ended up being an interception and it's your fault that Oh yeah, yeah, that makes it even the worst way.
Speaker 1: And you got the ball. Hey, you you pull up on one of the quarterback. You can use the quarterback because you think you're gonna keep going. You pull up on him. Now he throw it to you again.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, throw it to you again, and you bobble it. You bobble it ain't no telling. Look you're doing too much. Man, you got I don't know, I don't know what it is you got, but you got O C D bad. I got up.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what because I'm I'm I'm no, I'm nowhere near you. I just said I just got a little a little cold from the air condition and the airplane.
Speaker 2: Good. I can hear you. Are you just find on your I mean then you're just fine? Hey, hey, you're making me feel bad? Man?
Speaker 5: You making check?
Speaker 2: Can y'all hear me? Check y'all hear me? I think y'all hear me. Fine.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, listen, I mean, can I get Can I get some credit? Because most people would have called off work. Most people would have called off work and said they thought it was hurt. You know, I should get some credit for showing up to work on time.
Speaker 2: How you being? How you do?
Speaker 1: How you gonna call off work and you the only one in the office? How the chat?
Speaker 2: How the hell are you gonna get somebody else hit all the way?
Speaker 1: He worked from home? How the hell you gonna call in for work? You're gonna call in the office. I'm sick, I can't come to work and you work from home?
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 3: Hey, okay, Hey, that was funny right there by, Hey, that was.
Speaker 2: That is bad. But hey he started to call off work. He that was funny. Hey, you know, boss, I'm sick. You work from home though.
Speaker 3: Oh but you know, hey, listen, stuff like this, stuff like this, it bed, you know, it being sicking people you know, they can't move, they you know, I can't do it or I can't talk, and they got the costs.
Speaker 2: And but I'm here, I'm here. I'm sure I'm showing.
Speaker 3: This is what it means to me to be here, even when I'm I'm down and under the weather.
Speaker 1: You mean bedridden, That's what I said. Yeah, you said bed sick, but I got I know when.
Speaker 3: You put bed, you put bed and and and written together, it means bed sick.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing. But I think the chat, the chat, we understand what he be you chat.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand that how he would go call this sick and he's the only one in the office and he worked from that.
Speaker 4: I know, you know, you know, if it would be weak this, you know, people be weak these days.
Speaker 1: People like well, I don't want to get nobody sick. Who else you're gonna get sick you there by yourself. You know, it's just me.
Speaker 2: It's just me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be alright though. I'm gonna be alright though. I mean, ain't nobody checked on my well being a nothing? Y'all just making fun of me? Okay, anyway, chat, how y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Hey? What you do for a little sore throat? I took my flight today from New York.
Speaker 3: I fell asleep and they I forgot to turn I forgot to close the ace event and boom, the A C will it will cook it on there by the AC will cook. And I woke up and I, you know, I came home and took me a nap after I left New York, and I.
Speaker 2: Woke up all of a sudden, my voice, my voice was really deep like this. Now.
Speaker 3: I kind of like it in the sense because it's kind of sexy, you know, for anybody that's in the chat that has a deep voice. You know, the ladies loved that. They love when you have a deep voice like that, cause it's really sexy. And I kind of like it, and I wanted to stay like that, but it's probably not gonna stay like that, so I want to keep it like this. As long as possible. So so so my girl. She she liked me more and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You fear me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is really sexy, like you should be like like that's like, hello, how you doing what you do today? I ain't doing nothing. You want to come over? Yeah, I'm here, all right, I'm let me leave it open, all right, all right, back, I see you in a minute.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: You see how sexy that sounds like? Just already she's like before she even get it, she's like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, he's so sexy. Girl. You she hear his voice. You she hear his voice. Anyway, that was that was good. That was good. Come on, you're doing too much. Uh, I need to napkin. Yeah, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh you're logging in man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on. Chat. I just you know, just some safety precautions. That's all.
Speaker 1: That's all we do in this a little safety precaution. Now we have a very special guest joining us. Twenty twenty two second round pick out of the Universal team ran one of the fastest forty times and combine history.
Speaker 2: Uh many questions that time.
Speaker 1: They say they think it was faster than what they said because we popped up on the clock. It was four to one. Then they rounded it up to four to two, seven forty eight. So here he is, second round pick out of the University of Baylor. Spent the first couple of years of his career at the New England Patriots. Now with the Cassas City Chiefs starting to try thrive, Herry is taekwon Thornton Taekwan.
Speaker 5: How you doing, good man?
Speaker 2: How you doing? See what they do? Whack man man shot?
Speaker 3: Let them know where you're from. Boy, I tell them where you're from, white man. May you better act like you know it? By the bottle five year?
Speaker 2: Why we don't play no games? Everything we we opened the door, we closed it right behind us.
Speaker 5: The guy what we do know that down eight?
Speaker 3: First off before you to start, but I want to take congratulations, congratulations obviously your resurgence out there in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we need situations that allow us when.
Speaker 3: We get those opportunities, to prevail and show the talents that we do have and possessed.
Speaker 4: Boy, you showed the f out last game.
Speaker 3: Boy, and all all I ask you to do is to continue, Yes, stream them, stream the things alone. Stream alone. They ain't gonna be able to deny you. They can't deny you. Yes, so, but go ahead, I'm gonna let's take over that. I got excited. Come a dog, my dog in the go ahead.
Speaker 1: What what's been the biggest I mean seemingly I look, I know you had a couple of injuries, your collar bone, and it seemingly you couldn't get on the feeling when you got in the field. It was hard for you to stay healthy. Now you get an opportunity for for your talents to flourish. We know you had to speed and it seems like Andy and and my homeboy you his favorite target right now. It seems what has allowed you to thrive this year in Kansas City where in years before it didn't go.
Speaker 6: So well, really basically just getting in the rhythm, man, you know, just getting them opportunity, getting them reps, you know, being out there, you know, staying healthy, you know, getting those reps and challenging myself in practice. Man, I'm trying to get better every day at the little things, you know, some of the things that I'm not good at, you know what I'm saying. And here in KC, man, they're very they let me know what they really want for me? Man, Pat Man. You know, having Pat at quarterback, man, he makes it a whole lot easier for me. For me, So I'm out there just running, knowing where the ball gonna be at, man, and it's just making routine plays.
Speaker 1: When you got your opportunity to come over from New England, what what was the role? What did they tell you they were looking for in a receiver when they brought you on?
Speaker 5: Man, they didn't even have to tell me. Man, you see a room.
Speaker 6: You got guys like Xavier Worthy, You know what I'm saying, Hollywood, Juju.
Speaker 5: Rashi Rice, you know what I'm saying, a bunch of playmakers.
Speaker 6: So, Man, all I just had to do is just you know what I'm saying, just find my little puzzle in there and see where I can fit at.
Speaker 5: But it really wasn't hard though. They like speed.
Speaker 2: And y'all got y'all got it.
Speaker 1: Y'all got it the burn now, y'all You and Xavier and Rashid Rice, Hollywood, Brian, I think Hollywood ran low for three.
Speaker 2: Y'all got a life. Nice little relay teams.
Speaker 5: We're lining up with whoever.
Speaker 1: But what has it been like, Okay, you get there and all the names that you mentioned have all played with Mahomes first before. Now you get there and it seems that he's looking for you in situations you have one, the ball popped it.
Speaker 2: Out Mahon right per rolls and came right back to you.
Speaker 1: That had to make you feel good because this is Patrick Mahomes, a Super Bowl champ, MVP, and he got that kind of confidence in me to come back to me.
Speaker 6: I man, Shoot, we work out that practice. Man, we're doing long drive dreill. We're throwing deep balls every other place I'm saying a thousand times in practice. So he got a lot of faith in me. So it's just me basically going out there and just making him right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the funny thing about it, too, time you got a quarterback like that, man, a quarterback that has expectations once he trusts you and starts throwing you the ball like that, especially on deep plays back to back like that, and they finna keep coming.
Speaker 2: They fine coming.
Speaker 3: And the funny thing about it is you always got to be on point and always got to be alert and understanding regardless of what the situation is and what's going on or what the reading may be he might come to you just because in his mind, what hell the last time I needed to play? I know I can count on eight zero for sure, and just subconsciously he gonna come back to you again.
Speaker 4: So, man, dude, I'm happy for you.
Speaker 3: You're in a great situation because the conversation that people will continue to have about the Kansas City Chiefs week in and week out is the struggles at the receiver position.
Speaker 2: And the only thing to talk.
Speaker 3: About now is you and your emergency of now being one of those that can help them win games. And I just want you to stay on that track. And once you open that door, all we got to do is closing behind you. Yeah, that's all we got to do is closes behind you. But go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Look, you guys started owing to Lake.
Speaker 1: You had an opportunity to seem like you're gonna win the game against Philay, and you win the game again. You played the Chargers, and now you go to New York and do you feel this was the game that's gonna get you guys back on track?
Speaker 2: Because see where do I excuse me?
Speaker 1: We're not used to seeing Kansas City start the season zero and two. We always like, hey, this is the first time that in a long time.
Speaker 2: Can't see it.
Speaker 1: Not really favorite to get to the super Bowl, you know, win the division, They're not favorite to win the AFC. You hear all the talk, how have you been able to block the note? How have you guys been able to block the noise out? Focus on what you can control and then go win this game, Win this game last Sunday.
Speaker 6: Man, just going in there and just going and play CAC football. Man, just letting it lose, having fun, showing our personality. I know, the offense we kind of got off to a little slow start, but just going out there and just keep on punching at it, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I'm saying. And we know what we can do.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: We got the players in the room, man, we got the coaching staff, man, and we all just believed, and we came out that second half just to you know, finish off and come out with a win for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, and Ty, when I think about it, I think about it. We think about the Chiefs of last year and we're talking about the start and being zero and two or whatever at the beginning of the season. But you have to think those close games last year that they had this year, they won those games.
Speaker 2: They won those games.
Speaker 3: They still had the same struggle, but they just happened to win those games as opposed to this year.
Speaker 2: Everything not in their favor.
Speaker 3: So now they're having a dig themself out a whole, similar to how another team that we know about that started off good this year. Now we're in trouble, you know, losing our quarterback. But and I keep saying, as long as they got fifteen, they're gonna be alright. So all the talk about the struggles that they have in hell, boy, I'm gonna say it every time, every every week.
Speaker 2: Boy, throw the ball to eighty boy.
Speaker 3: That's it, period, It ain't it ain't even gott to be no deep ball tie. It all comes down to you too, and having that mentality, Hell, if I catch me and it hit you, I catch mess playing I should be able to take that eighty some yards.
Speaker 1: You know, Todd, we think about putting on a nightcap, NFL's fastest man. You know, are we thinking about getting we thinking about getting Cheetah, thinking about getting you?
Speaker 5: I mean, on this conversation man me one, I really feel like I went for one.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 2: Hey, hold on, hold on, hold on. Can I ask you a question, like a serious question?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 2: Like right now? You think you faster than me?
Speaker 5: No, I've been trying to race you a couple of years ago. We ain't gonna speak on that.
Speaker 3: I ain't want to embarrass you then because I don't want to take your confidence because I'm still I'm still running like that. But it's a focus. It's a forty three under here, boy, it's a forty three on the here.
Speaker 2: This it's real talk.
Speaker 5: We're gonna see when I see you.
Speaker 2: Right, bet. So when you put that together, make sure you put me in the race. Nah. No, these are all cheatahs, no tortoises.
Speaker 1: So if I gave it, so we this off season, you train so, I mean what we take five guys so we know Cheetah has been the fastest guy for a long period of time. Whether or not he's still that remained to be seen. We got you, we got or Worldly. I don't know. Oh yeah, okay, Wooling, we got Wooling. Uh didn't somebody run for two this year?
Speaker 2: I don't know. So we're gonna take all the guys.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take six seven guys, and we're gonna what y'all want to run? Y'all want to run sixty? Y'all want to run one hundred? What you got sixty forty sixty, one hundred?
Speaker 5: Give me a hundred, man, give me a hundred.
Speaker 3: A matter of fact, a and and a million dollar prize for the winner. So can I thow of that?
Speaker 2: Can I say? Can I say a million? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh h hell now, turfet turf? We we might, we might give a couple of sponsor put a couple hundred a million. I mean that, ain't that? Ain't that? That?
Speaker 2: Ain't that? Ain't bad for ten seconds of work? Who beg it? Who beg of that? Million dollars? You make that gut of two Hollywoodwood.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. We're gonna put hollow. We're gonna put Hollywood in there. We could get in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, man, you're talking. You talk about player that's make it. Come on, we can't disrespect it, but talk about some hundre thousand. It got at least be a million. That kind of money they make.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, You see how excited guys get when they when they get a refunk, get a fuffle, recovery or pick and they're gonna get two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: That's in a pot.
Speaker 1: So would you think it's It's not the money, it's the title of being the world the fastest man. NBC Sports didn't pay those guys, didn't pay Darryl Green and Rod Woodson and herschel walkin Willie go on a different.
Speaker 2: Time, it was the title.
Speaker 3: Okay, when we in a different time, the boy make a twenty thirty million a year.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, how much you how much you think the fast You want to be known as the best at something? I'm the fastest, ain't no doubt, it ain't no well, I read this time, I read that time.
Speaker 2: It's now.
Speaker 1: When we lined it up and the title for the NFL's Fastest Man was on the line, all I know is I talk the line first now that I didn't run, no one, I didn't run no oh when the when the.
Speaker 3: But listen, I'm just telling you what what happens is when you when you when you add money at the end of the finish line, it has a different kind of pressure as opposed to just being the fastest man. Oh I'm running for a million dollars. That does something. You just said they make thirty million, So what's a million dollars?
Speaker 2: I'm not in season. You mean I got a chance to make me a extra spending money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me ask your question.
Speaker 1: What you think that guy can make if he's the NFL's fastest man, that's his official type.
Speaker 3: He's already the fastest man obviously if he if you already ranked.
Speaker 2: Who said that? Who said that?
Speaker 5: Okay, line it up until you line it up.
Speaker 2: Exactly what I get.
Speaker 1: Nor Lines was the world's fastest man coming out of the Olympics. Now we got a new fastest man, Oblique Seville. So we got seven guys lined up. This is for the NFL's fastest man type.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, t seemed like he died for He's like, hey, I don't know, see that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: See that what Hey? He ain't duck in no smoke?
Speaker 1: He said, Hey, light it up, Hollywood savior, Cheatah, because you know, cheating Cheatah been claiming this title and righting the soul for at least the last seven eight years. Taekwan, So I don't know, Cheatah, Cheatah can get out. He running, Hey, hey, I said, we saw running that ten one five and he got out.
Speaker 2: Quiz foteen?
Speaker 5: I stumbled too now out the break?
Speaker 1: Yeah you did, you did? But I tried to figure out how did how did they round it up? How did they round it up that much?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: How you if you want to say, okay, four two one to four two three, okay, I give you that. How you go from four two one to four two eight four two seven?
Speaker 5: I don't know, you gotta ask them. I was just going I thought I had me an island or something.
Speaker 2: You feel me?
Speaker 1: Did you expect so when you were when you were going through your training, wherever you were did you where'd you work out? Did you go to Florida? Do you work at Michael Johnson's camp?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 6: We was all down at training. We was tloking like four twos while we was training.
Speaker 1: Real okay, so you you were expecting to run his fast because everybody seemed shocked that you ran that fast at your height.
Speaker 2: So they're like, we expect them to go fast.
Speaker 1: But I think when you dipped down the four to three, they're like, hold on, we got to go back and look at some tape because it didn't.
Speaker 2: Maybe it didn't look that fast on tape.
Speaker 1: Because now you run that fast and it doesn't look that fast on tape. They got to go back and look at something like, what do we miss.
Speaker 5: It's a les man. My legs real long, so it.
Speaker 2: Don't look like you moved. I moving.
Speaker 3: He's been he's been running like that man since he was a jit mans heard me.
Speaker 4: He ran with my daughter at Miami Guards.
Speaker 1: So you ran track in high school, right, my wife? So what what was your hundred and two? What was your best hundred, best two hundred?
Speaker 6: My best two hundred, I would say was I don't know, twenty point high though it was high. Twenty point high, Yeah, I didn't. When you get fast at the hunt, like my start got faster when I was in college, like my stronger Taylor, I got stronger, yeah, big Laura. Them came with David Runda. We started doing like the lyfting liftings and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that power clean that.
Speaker 6: When I only got that first because like the hundred, I was really like I was more like a four hundred runner. The four hundred on the quarterhole me so I'm able to run them deep balls to better best.
Speaker 1: You got when you go, look, you guys win the game on Sunday, But it doesn't get any easier because you got a big game coming up again with the Baltimore Ravens, and you know what those guys represent. And they lost the other night and it wasn't like a close game or might say thirty to thirty eight, but they got beat up, and you know they're gonna come in. And you guys seem to have their numbers, especially uh uh and the red well you have the number. I think Lamar is only beating Patrick Mahomes once. So you guys just started. Y'all play Monday night. Now y'all play Sunday. Monday night is Sunday night, Sunday. So you guys, okay, so it's a regular week. You guys are you got?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: I know, Andy got up at the boards and say, we got this team coming in. We know what they represent, they know what we represent. We played each other a number of time over the years. What's your mindset? What's Tae Kwan Thornton's mindset going into a game like this?
Speaker 6: Just be the best version of Talk on Thorn. Get ready for a fight. You know what I'm saying, take a punch, give a punch, keep on going for four quarters.
Speaker 2: Mhm.
Speaker 1: You know they like to play a lot of man car I'm just saying I've been putting out.
Speaker 2: Saying it's so funny time. He just said.
Speaker 3: They like to pay a lot of man coverages. Right now against the past they ranked twenty ninth in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Look, they don't know what I'm just telling what they like.
Speaker 1: They believe they they say, we like our corners against your receivers.
Speaker 2: That's what we like. Whatever we are, we are, but that's what we like. We like this matchup.
Speaker 3: So now we ain't a good matchup based on the statistics in the rankings.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying. That's all.
Speaker 1: Look, as O Joe said, they're struggling defensively. They gave up two hundred and sixty four points in the fourth quarter. They gave up twenty two points in the fourth quarter, and then Detroit got whatever they want. They ran the ball how they wanted. They for did a great job. Jared GoF didn't get. But you know that's not the version of the Baltimore Ravens you're gonna get. So what's your expectation from the Ravens.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's a good football team over there. They got a lot of good players, but a good players too as well. So like I said, man, we know it's gonna be a fight. No, we're just gonna boot play case football, man, that's what we're gonna do. Good, go outdown, We're gonna play. And your brief genure in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Who's some of the tougher, tougher dbs that you've had to go up against.
Speaker 5: When I was in New England? Who I had to face? That's pretty good.
Speaker 6: Saut was pretty good when I was out there in them playing against I was seeing him two times a year with him long arms.
Speaker 2: Who else have you had to go against? Stanley? You had to go against Pats or Tin? Have you had to go against?
Speaker 5: No? I don't think I really went against Pat like that.
Speaker 6: You know, I grew up playing against Pat, so but I ain't really didn't seehim in the lead yet. But Stanley, I didn't see Stanley, so I just I say, saw partly the only one that yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know I'm looking at this, I'm looking at it now.
Speaker 1: You theoretically was supposed to be the fastest guy because John Ross ran four too two and you had four two one, So you like, feel like I got this.
Speaker 6: I put my chades on and I was like, yo, they played, they played with us man.
Speaker 1: So so had had had the four two one unstuck, would you have run another forty that I did?
Speaker 5: So when they told me I had forty to one, I put on my shade.
Speaker 2: That was it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it wasn't nothing else to do. I like, bro the speed, y'all, y'all see protein. So did you running?
Speaker 5: Did you run your product?
Speaker 1: You said, y'all don't saw nothing the speed. I don't even to show y'all know, y'all, y'all, y'all, y'all get greeted.
Speaker 2: So what what? What was your vertical? What were you said?
Speaker 1: Because normally when somebody runs that fast, when you run that fast, you're explosive. You got a high vertical, you got a high standing loane jump? So were you ten and a half eleven feet standing alone jump? Were you thirty eight forty.
Speaker 5: On the Verden Man? That's a minute ago. I don't remember none of them numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, I don't remember six. I remember my style. I like a forty five.
Speaker 3: I think forty four forty five, forty five minutes vertical.
Speaker 6: To be honest, the whole time I was and I was really just running about that forty I trying to get really that record. But I think I jumped good though I think I ain't jumped bad. I think I jumped good.
Speaker 1: So you so you knew the record was four two two, and so all you guys were down there training, pushing each other like, hey, somebody from this group group need to get that record.
Speaker 2: I nominated me.
Speaker 6: It was me, Tariq woolingd Caitlin Barnes. He was the well him and Wiland was like the two fast dbs. We was working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Calean Barnes fast like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah he fast, he cut you fast?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he didn't he run some for didn't he run something for three?
Speaker 5: Four two five?
Speaker 2: Man? Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that's that's that's fans for no reason. I mean, you blinking he gone with Taekwan. Thanks for joining us, man, We really appreciate it. Congratulations on success. Continue to continue to build on what you got going on. Don't let up. This is just the start. This is what they envision when they took you in the second round. The type of player that you are right now, the type of player that you're becoming. This is what those teams envision when they saw you at the Combine and they saw you at the University of Baylor. So continued success, stay healthy and come back and talk to us down the road.
Speaker 2: Hey, b get it.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you boys, hell Sunday Bright so love love.
Speaker 2: All right, Appreciate you OJO.
Speaker 1: Kyle Hamilton defended Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Zach Or today, saying the sky's not falling three games into the season. Hamilton said it's unfair to put all the blame on him when there's eleven guys out there on the field that are playing their hearts out and that put us in the right position.
Speaker 2: Is just a matter of doing the right stuff. And that's where.
Speaker 1: I feel the critiques of Zach Or whatever coaches are unfair because he can't go out there and play for us. As much as he wants to, he can't, So it's up to us to go out there and get the job done. So it's not it's not exact thing. The Ravens defense currently ranked last in the NFL. OJO their last and thirty second their thirty second in total yards allowed, their thirtieth in rush defense, their thirty first, and passty first, their thirty first end points allowed. Hamilton also added, I feel like sometimes the Ravens fans can be a little spoiled, just like the amount of success that this franchise has had. We lose five games in twenty twenty four and the world is about to end.
Speaker 2: Ojo or the Ravens spoiler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, the fan based is spoiled. People on the outside watching with they're also spoiled. People that played the game of football that no longer play are also spoiled because we envision the Ravens that Moniker played like a Raven. Ray Lewis ain't walking through that room ed reading out on that team anymore. Terrell Suggs is not there anymore, Bart Scott, those defense of the old days are not there anymore. We play in the passing league and at times you're going to have games like this consecutively. They look bad. Uh, they look bad defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One thing I don't like that we do is when things aren't going well, the first thing we want to do, Oh Friday coach, We need a new coach.
Speaker 2: They're the scheme.
Speaker 3: There's a scheme, and when it comes to schematics, they're exiting os and it's up to the players to execute that stuff. The coaches getting only coach. They can't fucking play. Oh my bad, I'm sorry. They can't play. They can't get out there and cover. They get you ready through the week Wednesday with a game plan, Thursday with the game plan. Friday, you go over Wedndy and Thursday game plan. Saturday, you got to walk through. It's your job on Sunday to execute everything you learned and went over Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 2: Coaches can't do no more. I think the thing they can't do more, I think anything. I think.
Speaker 1: The thing for me is that spoiled. No, the Patriots fans were spoiled. Kansas City fans are spoiled. You wining ten eleven games of a year and get knocked that in the first round of the divisional round. That ain't spoiled because there are a lot of teams could do that. See what you're going, there's a lot of team So I don't know what he's talking about spoil. And those teams, that Super Bowl team that was in twenty twelve were coming up with Dawn mill in two decades.
Speaker 2: They're not living on that.
Speaker 1: They're not that decade from two thousand and one until twenty nineteen when Tom Brady left.
Speaker 2: That's spoiled.
Speaker 1: What we've seen from Patrick Mahomes in the last eight seven years, that's spoiled rabular spwing for what Because they see this every year now, a lot of it hadn't fallen on the defense. We haven't seen them play this bad because normally what it was is that Lamar to have a turnover. They have a turnover at the most inopportunity time. But for the most part, the defense that championship game been lost. They have Patrick Mahons the fourteen points with Lamar Jackson at the MVP, you expect him at home O Joe to get more than fourteen.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying you gotta get thirty, but.
Speaker 1: You got Yeah. When Lamar, I'm expecting considering you the MVP, damn near won it unanimously. So I think you know they're expecting a little more than that. But for whatever reason, they haven't been able to play a complete game. Because if you look at it, oh, you're the first two drives Kansas City Way right down the fire boomoo. Then they buckled down, the offense got going, and then they get in their own way. The Ravens fans are probably thinking, where's that defense that I saw when y'all dropped the hammer of Detroit, when y'all blew them out, when.
Speaker 2: Y'all blew Buffalo out? Okay, where is this offense.
Speaker 1: That Lamar Jackson have perfect quarterback ratings against the Rams against the Dolphins?
Speaker 2: When are we gonna see that? And I think that's what the fans.
Speaker 1: Fans like, we see this great offense in the regular season, but we have really yet to see it in the postseason, and they see this defense that's suffocating, that stifling.
Speaker 3: When are we gonna get fat? I think also, I think the Ravens have been so good. The Ravens have always been in contention, even with the first round exits. They've been so good and so promising so many years, as long as Lamar's been there.
Speaker 2: I think they're still spoiled in the sense.
Speaker 3: I think the success in knowing, no matter what, we're going to be in contention because we played so well through our secular season. I think also that with Kyle Hamilton means when he say fans are spoiled because they're allays successful, and this year it's not happening in the same it's not starting off the same.
Speaker 1: Those teams, the Ravens fans like their fifth year they won a Super Bowl, and then a decade later they want another one.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they want to.
Speaker 1: Win, and they're looking at it like we've got one of the best quarterbacks that's ever played. At no point in time, both of those quarterbacks that won Super Bowl could hold.
Speaker 2: A candle.
Speaker 1: To what they had. Look at the offensive line, look at look at the skill positions offensively. Now defensively, I don't think it's close to what they had when they won when they when we won those Super Bowls in two thousand and one, they won in twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's closed.
Speaker 1: Defensively, they got some good players, but it ain't nothing like what they even though Rod Woody went to the Hall of Fame. But you look at those guys ed Ed and and and and and and uh Ray first Ballance subs is going to the Hall and then they had then they had a loading.
Speaker 2: They had load come on now. So I just think the thing is is that we're not what we saw, oh joe.
Speaker 1: We're not used to seeing an offensive team do what the do, what Detroit did to the Ravens, do what Buffalo did to them in the fourth quarter. That's the concern that the Ravens fans have because we've never seen it before. Have they lost games? Yeah, like that, but not even get to the quarterback. The man was clean, The man was twenty twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like no sacks. They ran the ball for two hundred yards.
Speaker 1: We're not used to seeing the Baltimore Ravens get dominated like that, especially at.
Speaker 2: Home, Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: But you know, you know what else I will say, Look, I can kind of say maybe a test to that. We are only in week three going into week four. That's the only thing I can say. It's still early. It's very early and football season hasn't even gotten started yet. It's like when NASCAR when that when when it geting ready to have a NASCAR race and they going around and they're going around slow motion warming up the tires.
Speaker 4: That's what football's. That's where everybody's at right now.
Speaker 3: Offenses aren't even into their own so they he hit week Week four and five, Week six, then you into a groove, then you into a rhythm.
Speaker 2: You got somewhat if I identity, Oh Joe, it's not the offense.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Lamar Jackson have a one forty one quarterback rating. They're averaging there, averaging damn there, forty points a game and they're one and two. He has yet to turn them all over. He has yet to turn them all over.
Speaker 2: It's the defense. Defense.
Speaker 1: But but when you left hold on when you're thirty second in total yards allowed, when your thirtieth and rush defense, when you're thirty first and pass defense and your thirty first to pass yard I mean points allowed, best defense.
Speaker 2: It's funny. It's funny how the pendulum has has shifted on you.
Speaker 3: Notice that the offense when you played it was but maybe not that bad. But the numbers might have been there, and the the middle of the pack and in middle all the way at the top either one or two or three one of the other and everything is that pendulum has shifted to where it's it's almost the defense. Like I said about the Bengals, all the Ravens have to do. You ain't got to be top one, two or three. Just meet us halfway. That's all we ask, yep, just meet us halfway, because being all the way at the bottom, that means everybody gonna run through us. Everybody gonna run through us, no matter what we do.
Speaker 2: Offensive.
Speaker 1: You saw where the Bengals were last year is a prime example. You All you had to do is just look look at you right at a team in your division. Look at how many yards Joe Burrow passed for. Look how many touchdowns that he passed for. Look at where his defense was, and look at where they were at the end of the season. At some point in time, O Joe. As a defense, you're gonna have to stop the bleeding because you think you're just gonna outscore somebody, because all they'll do is that your offense will have one hiccup they don't get, they don't burn, or they.
Speaker 2: Have a turnover and put yourself behind the eight ball.
Speaker 1: Hey, now you're done. Think about it, Baltimore. You know this first hand. Thirty one, thirty eight, thirty eight. Guess what they turned the ball over? You get the ball kick a walk off field goal. I mean, yep, that's that's what That's what at night.
Speaker 2: Yes, prime example.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, I don't know what that guy was thinking. I don't know the special team. Bro, you gotta land it in the area. You can't land it shorter than twenty. You landed shorter than twenty, that's a penalty. They get the ball that forty yard line on Joe. Now they get too first down, then we'll go range. I was, I'm like, bro, what are you thinking? Why would I guess? I guess the special team. I guess he didn't know. There's no way he would have done that had he known. But maybe the special team's coach make sure, A we gotta get it in, we gotta get it into kicking it.
Speaker 2: We gotta get it in the area he knew.
Speaker 4: But again probably being over coach, probably overthinking it and instead.
Speaker 3: Of just hitting it. Instead of just hitting it, he didn't hit it like he should. Just to get it in the in the target area.
Speaker 1: You know, rabys, you're gonna have to pick it up. It's not a it's not an easy uh easy tasked. Look, we know Kansas City is struggling, but we know what type of team they are at home, and we know Patrick Mahomes. At any given moment in that offense, they could, uh, they can pick it up. They can pick it up. Lamar doesn't need to do anymore. Do what he's doing. Deck Henry needs to make a conscious effort.
Speaker 2: To hold on to you know what they need to do.
Speaker 1: So they go, oh joe, if you look at it, he's fumbled the ball nineteen times in his career. Hend of those is coming the fourth.
Speaker 3: You know what, I think he should take them sleeves off on. You know, you can't fear. You know, you can't feel the ball when you when you with them, you know the sleeves I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't feel the ball. I didn't want to. I didn't want to hit. It restricts you from feeling the ball.
Speaker 3: So even if somebody does, it's easy for somebody to come by and pull. And I mean, when you see people coming, it's easy. But anything that's not your peripheral vision that hits at the ball, it's coming out every time. And the only thing, the only thing I need to do. One, two, three, ain't nothing there. Either take off a run or throw the ball away. That's it, no more.
Speaker 2: Yeah I.
Speaker 1: Thought Monday night, Yeah, I thought Monday night. He held them all too long. Take off, take off, Lamar, don't be dealing down and you see that. You see that spied right there, A race him, raise him to a.
Speaker 2: Point or shake him one of the other.
Speaker 1: No, he tried. He too close to get shook. He tried to shake fifty three right there in his arms. No, you gotta go. I'm gonna make you a all this space I'm gonna waste. I'm gonna race you to the left. I'm gonna raise you to the very I believe I can get. I believe I can get every time I believe.
Speaker 2: There you go and and receivers. You gotta do a better job and getting open sooner. They got they gotta they gotta get gone.
Speaker 1: Because it seems like team's gonna play y'all three down. They feel very comfortable playing. You gots three down, well, three down, scan, three down, spin or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 2: Three two five, three two six.
Speaker 1: So they got three down line when they got a spies sometimes they have a couple of spies. But no, he gonna drop to an area. But they got one guy. He's all he's doing is tracking Lamar wherever Lamar go, he's going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they also got they got to get Zay. They got to get Zay going. They gotta get they flowers going. Man, he's too he's too good of a weapon, you know.
Speaker 2: And the nimedia stuff.
Speaker 3: He can also go deeper that en the media, that short and intermediate stuff that he does, especially those overs though deep overs that those shallows many he killed people on those huge chunks.
Speaker 2: They got to get him active. They gotta get him going. Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: The forty nine of defensive coordinator Robert Salah is on high alert this week. Before playing Jacksonville, Salah said Liam Cohen's staff, which is the head coach of the Jags, when it comes to stealing defensive signals in the legal fashion.
Speaker 2: H take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 7: Oh, y'all, you know, Jacksonville, this is a very young but it's a very talented group.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: Uh, you know they Liam and his staff coming from a couple of guys coming from Minnesota. You know, they've got to legally a really advanced h signal stealing type system where they always find a way to put themselves in a in an advantageous situation. They do, they do a great job with that. They formation you to try to just try to find any nugget they can. So we've got to be great with our signals, and we've got a great be great with our communication and uh to combat some of the tells that we might give on the field. So they're they're almost elite in that regard, that whole entire tree, from Sean to Kevin O'Connell, all those guys, they all do it. So you know, so there's there's challenges. They're going to catch us in some situations where they have the advantage and we just got to play good sound, fundamental football and uh and and do our best out execute them.
Speaker 1: You know how a size that's where do you think came from? Yeah, that's where they learned it, right. So that's the whole thing, Oh Joe. When you see somebody in the formation, that's why a lot of times you see coaches, because guess what we practice against each other? You telling me, hey, I really like this formation against such and such and such and such. When you go in there, you and your coaches meetings and you're having conversations, don't think they're not taking notes, because they are. Anybody in that room. They're not trying to be a position coach for the rest of their life. They're trying to be an oc DC, they're trying to be a head coach. They're trying to elevate themselves. So they're taking every end of every little bit of information that you give because later down the line never know when it's gonna be useful. There's a reason why Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and a lot of these quarterbacks they kept notebooks. Oh you're a defensive coordinator. Okay, now you're a head coach. Well, when you were a defensive coordinator, this is what you did. You were the linebacker coach under here, under such and such. This is the type of defense that they ran. So that's that's what they're doing, though, Joe. They're just all they're doing is like this formation. This is what they like to do in this formation, this down in distance area of the field.
Speaker 2: But the funny thing about it, you can see that on film. Now, you can see it on film. Yes, even if you make the right.
Speaker 3: Calls and you get those situations with those situations are more advantageous for you defensively. You know, every defense that's called there's a hole where somebody's open. Yeah, where somebody's open. It's all up to the quarterback and knowing that and being able to process that information very fast and know where it is and most of the time if it's not there, check that pitch down.
Speaker 2: But see here, I see them do this.
Speaker 1: They gonna lie right right, That's not what Travis Kelsey did. Travis Kelsey pulled up and it got picked.
Speaker 2: I remember that play. I know exactly what talking about.
Speaker 1: No, it didn't get picked, but he threw Patrick Mahons threw it like it was a mad round. Travis pulled up, thought it was.
Speaker 2: It was man. Yeah, they locked it. We locking it.
Speaker 1: So for me, I'm I'm listening to little tales, Hey, coach. They keep saying this. You know, we came up with colds. If I say because see, if I say text block the end, no, I'm gonna crack down on it. So guess what I say. I say, Dallas say San Antonio Houston my tackle here. If we're gonna do a car I can't say combo. He gonna know we're gonna double it burgen Fries. That's you know what I'm saying. We ain't combo bad by the hey, by the time the fourth corner, I say, hey, bab we can't do that. Or if I'm going underneath, I would tell I tell my tackle, Gilligan, you hey yourself, and same thing they would tell me sharply, Gilligan. They let me know I'm on an island. Okay, I can't expect No, I can't. I don't got no help inside. I ain't got no help outside. If man, it's me, me and the lineback of men, and I gotta do what I gotta do. So it's things like that. But if you keep you hey, you keep I keep hearing the court, they keep talking about this, and I hear something, bro, you can't do that but money once or twice, and I'm like, and I see you do, and I see you do what you say you're gonna do.
Speaker 5: I'd be a.
Speaker 2: Fool to think.
Speaker 1: Damn man, he said. He said, Vegas, and they go to cover too. Every time Junior was sat Vegas, they go to cover too. That's their check. Anytime we empty the backfield, anytime we have an empty set and TV motion, so we motioned to the empty set, that was their check.
Speaker 2: Okay, be good, yes, But like you, he.
Speaker 1: Said, legally, because they've studied, they know this offense very very well. If if they come from Minnesota, Kevin O'Connell, Sean mcvain, Zach Taylor.
Speaker 2: Lafloor, all them guys.
Speaker 1: So that's why if you played somebody that came from the West coast, we had to change signals.
Speaker 2: We had to change a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: They know what smoke, They no lion, They no excuse me, They no slant, they no slug.
Speaker 2: They hey, they no square out, they no comeback.
Speaker 1: So you run them signals if you want to, and run the white guy be standing there, damn where he's standing.
Speaker 2: With the overhears Hey, you.
Speaker 3: Can call them saying signals. And it kind of complicates things a little bit.
Speaker 2: It does, because you confuse your damnself around you try to change it. Yeah, I was just gonna say that man I thought man I thought you said, bro, we changed that Rember. Yes, So that's what it's.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's tough, but you know, hey, at the end of the day, go out there. Look, they gonna get even if they don't steal your signals. They gonna get some places.
Speaker 3: They got practice, they gonna get get some plays, right regardless, they get paid to.
Speaker 2: Football.
Speaker 1: Yes, they got a film department, they got a scouting department. They got players, they meet, they practice just like you. They gonna get some players, right. What hed you think you're gonna get ten yards every time you run the ball, or every player is gonna be a completion. No, they're gonna get some, right. But let's just make sure we get more right through them. And when the difference is when when we make a mistake, Let's just make sure we hold on to the ball. So if we blowing assignment, quarterback, you get hit, hold on to the ball. Running back guy runs through the hole. Just make sure you hold on to the ball on the flip side when they make a mistake. Let's not make a twenty yard game. Let's let's a house call. That's a house call.
Speaker 2: M