Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us as Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Nora Melinda with today's stock movers. All right, let's start with the big one, Nour A.
Speaker 3: Stellar day that we're seeing right now for shares of Apple. Let's tick our aapl as you mentioned, it is hitting a record high here. This is the first record high they were seeing of twenty twenty five, and this is after the company said, essentially there were some data that came out that showed that iPhone seventeen, the series for that iPhone, outsold the iPhone sixteen by fourteen percent over the first ten days if you were to look at it respectively here, and that's for sales in the US and China. So of course you just start seeing them kind of knocking it out the park, hitting a record high here. But I mean, of course, if you still could share is year to date, but they're up about five percent. Now, that's different than what it looked like earlier that we're seeing a pop it to the green clearly, but I mean we also did see Loop Capital upgrading the stock to buy from hold lots of optimism right now in the market for this company.
Speaker 4: Can I just you know, a little self promotion for timy But we had a great conversation with Mark German about all things Apple, and I highly recommend if you missed it, check it out. It'll be on our podcast feed a little bit later on. Can I do a little self you.
Speaker 1: Can do it. Three point nine trillion dollars that's what the market cap is right now.
Speaker 4: I know if I was Matt Miller, you know, keep you promoted, just say and just say, let's go to app leven. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Yes, the keep it easy for us to tick her is app app shares are down as much as more than seven percent. Now they're paired a bit up, down about three point eight percent. This is after The New York Post reported that the state regulators have reached out to multiple short sellers in a possible preliminary probe on the company. Here so the state's involved in this concern or Delaware, Oregon, Connecticut, according to the report. But if you do look back earlier this month, in early October, we had the SEC that was probing a company in terms of its data collection practices. So lots of heat right now on this company. Shares are up though, seventy eight percent so far this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, one stock that has been moving since before the US market open this morning. This one was kind of the first one on my radar today, Nora, what's going on BMP.
Speaker 3: Pair of al ticker. We're looking at the USADR, so i'll give you BNPQY if you want to look it up. Shares are down about nine percent right now. As you mentioned, a lot of activity that we saw in the pre market here. This is after a trial loss overpass work in Sudan. They're saying that this could lead to a costly settlement here, and analysts are really saying that they don't expect a massive settlement costs here, but they do flag rising uncertainty here and pertaining in particular to this thought here. But BMP is saying that it should be overturned. But they did add that it doesn't have any pressure to settle this case here, So we'll just have to see how this one plays out. Shares up about thirty percent so far this year.
Speaker 4: Help me understand though the market cap on the eighty rs is about not just shy of ninety one billion, But my understanding is if the litigation was expanded out to all the cases could be something like one hundred and forty billion.
Speaker 2: Did I see right?
Speaker 3: And I was seeing that as well?
Speaker 1: How could so?
Speaker 4: Maybe they maybe investors just believe that they're not going to end up having to pay out that much, or it won't go that far.
Speaker 2: They'll be kind of settled. Right.
Speaker 1: It's a lot, it's a lot.
Speaker 4: It is a lot more than the market gap.
Speaker 2: The stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.