Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he arm Strong and Getty Strong.
Speaker 3: And here's a headline in the New York Times. Inflation is basically back to normal. Why do voters still feel blah, wow, that is just profoundly ignorant. I don't understand. I couldn't believe that reporters didn't get this at the beginning of the conversation.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I'm nonplussed about how they can still not get this. Let me read the opening paragraph from the New York Times. Can person Grocery inflation has been cooling sharply, but Tamarra Flamer twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Says she hasn't noticed.
Speaker 3: What she knows is that paper plates and meat remained more expensive than they were a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Yes, you freaking morons.
Speaker 3: You don't notice a decrease in the increase of prices.
Speaker 2: It would be impossible. Nobody would do of the rate.
Speaker 3: Yes, nobody would notice a slowing of the rate of inflation.
Speaker 2: It's impossible to notice. It's just a it's a dumb concept. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: It goes on the lingering. Pessimism is something of a puzzle, says The New York Times.
Speaker 2: Is it? Is it? Really? Do you know a single normal human being?
Speaker 3: You must not, or you would hear people say I went to Wendy's last night and it cost sixty bucks for me and the kids, or I.
Speaker 2: Filled up with gas yesterday. I don't know how.
Speaker 3: People do it.
Speaker 2: Or let me stop you there, Jim, let me stop you there.
Speaker 4: Now Wendy's went from fifty two dollars to sixty dollars in the course of seventeen months. Now it's only gone from sixty to sixty two.
Speaker 2: Dollars in the course of the last nine months.
Speaker 3: So as you can see, inflation is cooling a Janner Hamburger right.
Speaker 4: In your face if you tried that to somebody, what did band these people?
Speaker 2: Where do they live? Mars? I don't know.
Speaker 3: And like I said, do you not have a single normal friend? Not one in your circle? Whoever walks in and say, you know, at a party and says, man, I stop by the legerastore, I got this bottle of wine. It used to be eight bucks, now it's fifteen. I can't believe it. That's reality for everyone. But people who write economics stuff.
Speaker 2: It's not. There's more on this.
Speaker 3: The lingering pessimism is something of a puzzle, which makes you a moron. The job market has been chugging along, overall growth has been healthy, and inflation is back to normal.
Speaker 2: It's here. How is that a puzzle?
Speaker 3: Things cost more, way more than they did not very long ago.
Speaker 2: Period, you morons.
Speaker 4: And let me speak for thousands and thousands of people listening right now.
Speaker 2: The job market is hot.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've still got one job, or I used to have one, I still have one, and my money, my wages have not kept up with inflation, not even close.
Speaker 3: So and then I'll shut up about this because it's you know, I'm belaboring the.
Speaker 2: Point, but I just it's I actually can't believe it.
Speaker 3: I find it difficult to believe that the journalists who cover the economy are still saying this crap five days.
Speaker 2: Out from a presidential election that Trump.
Speaker 3: Is set to win, maybe mainly because of the price of stuff, and.
Speaker 2: They don't get it. I don't understand. Inflation's back to normal. God, you're so dumb. I don't even know where to start with you here.
Speaker 4: You are belaboring the point, which points to arise in the belaboring statistics like that the labor mark.
Speaker 3: You just can't be stopped today with your word play anyway. You're just a non stop fountain.
Speaker 2: Of wordplay, like an ego Montoya over here of my words.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know what you call the subheadline halfway through an article that's in bold or what.
Speaker 2: I don't know what do you call those things?
Speaker 3: But anyway, it says here consumers may focus more on price levels than price changes. Okay, all right, well that's that's correct. Yes, yes, it is incorrect and obvious to anyone over the age of five. Yes, good look, I can't I'm reeling from that one. You know, I thought it was the beating was about over, and you caught me right in the gyms with that. I mean, consumers worry more about fing prices than the rate of e fing change, which they can't observe day to day because they're busy with the real lives.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so funny. So I mentioned as a target.
Speaker 3: The other day, I get my normal allotment of stuff and it's two one hundred dollars. This is the first time it's ever open over two hundred dollars, and I said to the guy, two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: He said, yeah, I know everybody reacts that way.
Speaker 3: And I should have said to the guy, Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa, back off, buddy. The rate of change is lower, all right. The percentage increases lower than it was before, so you take it down a notch. I guess I should be happy that it's two hundred dollars because it's totally gone up two percent in the last month as opposed to the you know, between three and nine percent for the previous three years.
Speaker 4: I think that that that illustrates this case so beautifully. I mean, that would be absurdest humor for you to say that to the cashier. And yet that is essentially the inverse of what they're claiming with straight facing The New York Times. Oh, speaking of which, I'm so glad you brought this up, because I've been sitting on this for a while. Dave in Baltimore, I think, yeah, Dave and Baltimore sent us this and the title of the New York Times articles speaking of the old Gray Lady is which appears to be a senilist Joe Biden when it writes about economics is wages have been outpaced. I'm sorry, let me do this again. The words are important. Wages have outpaced inflation, but not for everyone. And here is one of my favorite couple of sentences in the history of my reading newspapers. The bottom line, most American workers are probably making more money today adjusted for inflation than they were in twenty nineteen, but not all have seen their pay keep up with their own cost of living, and many, perhaps most, are lagging behind where they would be if pre pandemic trends had continued unabated. These complications may help explain why so many Americans believe they have fallen behind.
Speaker 2: They have fallen behind. Wow.
Speaker 4: The New York Times is saying most Americans are making more money today adjusted for inflation than they were pre pandemic. I have seen that statistic nowhere. I don't see how that's impossible. They're wrong on the fact. But the second part, which I've read a couple of times so I will parse for you, is claiming that in spite of that fact that y'all and we are making more money adjusted for inflation, bacon is easier to buy for.
Speaker 2: Us than it was pre pandemic. We're going out to eat and spending.
Speaker 4: Less relative to our incomes than we were a while ago.
Speaker 2: But in spite of that.
Speaker 4: Because we have somehow projected in our heads where we would be twenty nineteen to twenty twenty four if the inflation hadn't been so high for several years, we're coming up with some sort of fanciful Yes, bacon is easily affordable right now, but it would be even more easily affordable if not for the inflation of twenty twenty one through twenty twenty four. And I'm thinking, well, back to your question, do you know any human beings have.
Speaker 2: You spoken with them? That is?
Speaker 4: That is blindness that goes beyond galling and is absolutely in the realm of amazing, And I would like to hear scientists explain it.
Speaker 3: Here's a director of consumer surveys at the University of Michigan in the same New York Times article. It's not that consumers have lost touch with reality. It's just at high prices continue to weigh down their personal finances. Thank you for having you're a professor. I'm glad you're a university professor because none of us regular people could figure that out at all, and then they.
Speaker 4: beIN of medicine at the University of Michigan said, don't jam sharp objects into your eye.
Speaker 3: Where was your article from your nonsensical article? New York Times, New York Times. Yeah, so this says wages have climbed faster than prices for many consumers.
Speaker 2: Okay, how many?
Speaker 3: Not very I don't know anybody who got enough of a raise over the last several years to put them even even, let alone ahead.
Speaker 2: I don't know anybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the first time I've ever heard anybody claim that, and it's a couple of times in the New York Times when you had to that's the narrative. Wouldn't you had to have gotten like a twenty percent raise since twenty nineteen to keep up with the overall prices stuff?
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we could go on, because they quote a couple of more Harvard economists who study how people experience inflation.
Speaker 3: You need you all, all of you, all, all y'all, as they say in the South, all y'all need to hang around any normal human beings, go down to your corner bar and have a conversation with some people, or turn to someone at a you know, a high school basketball game. Talk to any normal human being. All right, somebody who doesn't work for the New York Times live in Manhattan is a childish catwoman with an advanced degree.
Speaker 2: And see what think about prices?
Speaker 4: I tell you what, If you can bag this rare game, it would be rarer than having a panda head on your wall.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, you find somebody to your house and you got a panda head on your wall? Do I pretend I don't see it? I say, hey, Jim, I can't help, but notice.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm wondering what other as that person's up to me? Was that they'll do anything? Was that pad live at one point? This is rarer game.
Speaker 4: Still, you go down to the corner bar to this the soccer game, waiting for kids in line at school, and you find the person who says, in response to my god, prices are so high it's still shocking. They say, yes, but the rate of increase has slowed, and that's what's important. You bag that rare game, and I will salute you a mighty hunter.
Speaker 1: In the Strong Congetti Show.
Speaker 3: This is from a guy I don't know, journalist in Australia. Dude, Nobody on the left knows how to speak to young men because every five seconds this has had why so many young men voted for Trump and are moving away from the Democratic Party, where the younger people used to all flock to the Democrats. Nobody on the left knows how to speak to young men because every five seconds at a leftist meeting, you have to either do a land acknowledgment, or go around in a circle and pay homage to the power of queer joy or some crap.
Speaker 2: He actually says, yes, it's briefly.
Speaker 3: I know this because I used to be a socialist, and this is how all these organizations act.
Speaker 2: I saw all this with my own eyes.
Speaker 3: You have to literally be self flagellating to be in the left as a young man these days, and this is probably the understanding and experience in perspective of ninety percent of young men. The feeling is that you have to always constantly apologize for effing existing and just the crime of being born. And this is why the right is so effective at hoovering all these people up, because the experience of constant self flagellation and self criticism is effing exhausting and annoying. And nobody wants to wake up every day feeling like they are an a s person just for the crime of being born.
Speaker 2: I like that. Amen to that.
Speaker 3: He also goes on, we have to fix this because I hate watching young guys fall into the Andrew Tait masculinity, and then he goes through a couple of examples of that. Because they got nowhere to turn to, They're going to these like super over the top extremist weirdos just to find somebody that's you know, appealing to them and not criticize, Yeah, not criticizing them for being a man. This is an existential threat for the Left and even an existential threat for humanity itself, because the end result if we don't fix these gender warfare dynamics is South Korea style gender hyper war and a total fertility rate of point four and humanity just gets wiped out. That is absolutely I mean, that is absolutely true. On the left, if you're going to continue to make U males feel bad about even being born, you're not gonna win a lot of elections.
Speaker 2: Or ever get that crowd.
Speaker 4: My heart bleeds for the little boys in public schools or continually treated as if their maleness is a defect.
Speaker 2: I know, it's horrorbies.
Speaker 4: It's their energy, their boundless energy is a misbehavior. Oh, I just you want to get me going.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 3: I came across some schoolwork the other day and my uh, my son is homeschooled. But so much of the teaching material out there is put out there by publishing companies that are so left I mean, you really have to work at getting the right stuff. But anyway, this particular thing was all about how women can be doctors.
Speaker 2: You know, freaking kidding.
Speaker 3: At this point in my life, when somebody says the doctor will see you, I assume.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a woman. I'm surprised if it's a man. So what do you what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: You won?
Speaker 2: Wow? That's just again a head scratcher. What wow? Wow.
Speaker 4: I thought I would feel differently after the election.
Speaker 2: I thought there would be.
Speaker 4: At the very least fairly widespread recognition to some of the simple realities of the thing, which is that Kamala Harris was a weak candidate, always was weak candidate. Is that putting it out before hapes? You all rejected her, as I said, like a rabbit raccoon when she was in the primary was that sexism and racism when you did that, well, I haven't no. Okay, Well, then when the same thing happened the presidential election, why is your explanation completely different?
Speaker 3: That is funny that that has never really been put to anybody. Your party rejected her when she ran before, not like right wing, your own party, like the most active people in your party. Primary voters said no to her before she even got to the first contest. So wow, how is it shocking that she got rejected by a larger group of people?
Speaker 4: And it's become a so oft observed fact, it's a truism. It's working its way toward being a cliche that when Kamala Harris on the View then Colbert? Was it Colbert or Kimmel, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Could not say how she would be different than the extremely unpopular Biden administration. That that was one of the most pivotal political moments in any campaign. I mean, that is so widely discussed right now, there's no point in bringing it up.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows it. But as I was reading the.
Speaker 4: Long top tier editorial writer editorial writers of the Washington Post dialogue about what happened, how did we get this result that didn't come up.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen any criticism of Kamala Harris as a candidate from the left at all. Maybe that's coming. I don't know. But I have seen more than I have ever seen before, and more than I expected of people saying we have Democrats have gone too far down the road of progressiveness in the culture wars. I have seen a fair amount of that. Yes, yeah, yeah, your.
Speaker 4: Old school liberals are finally finding the courage or the cover to stand up and say, hey, y'all, all that stuff is madness.
Speaker 3: Which, by the way, is the way you win the political arguments. That's when you've won. That's a good Other side of it would be on gay marriage, where you know, if you're old enough to remember this whole battle and discussion in America, it got to the point to where Republicans realized we got to stop being anti gay marriage.
Speaker 2: It's just a losing issue. I mean, we just can't be and you stop talking about it.
Speaker 3: And hopefully that's going to start on the left with the you know, boys playing girls' sports or all kinds of different things, where they realize this is we're gonna lose. We nobody wants to hear this or not enough people want to hear this right right, Our academic left wing is just completely wildly out of touch with Americans. That latinex and herstry Herkstreet and that sort of stuff is.
Speaker 1: Insane, absolutely insane.
Speaker 2: Are Strong the Armstrong and Getty show.
Speaker 5: President Elect Trump with Elon Musk in Texas there for the sixth test launch of the SpaceX starship meant to eventually take humans to the Moon and Mars. The launch itself successful, the booster even detaching as it's supposed to, but then SpaceX seeing some issue with the booster booster offshore divert Unfortunately, that means that we are our no go for the catch. It was supposed to land back in Texas, but to save it from potentially destroying the SpaceX launch facility or endangering lives on land, the booster's shifting course and heading to the Gulf instead for a splashdack.
Speaker 2: So they didn't catch this rocket with them. What does he call it?
Speaker 3: The megasuthan or other is what he calls the giant arm that catches the rocket booster.
Speaker 2: I still feel like.
Speaker 3: The media has not caught on to the way Elon looks at these things.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, agreed.
Speaker 3: The whole fail fast theory or there's no fast and learn faster, isn't that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: In this thing which you can apply to your own life, I've tried to apply it to mine. Is just there's no such thing as failure. It's just information. Okay, I tried this, this is the result. There's information about so now I'll try to try it this way right.
Speaker 4: Failure will ever hold you back. Fear of failure is crippling.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 3: And Elon expressed again yesterday that he plans to have a rocket reach Mars in twenty twenty six. Now he promises a lot of things, it often comes up short. I think that's part of his whole success thing. Is he he hits he sets aggressive deadlines.
Speaker 2: Yeahs over understrives.
Speaker 3: No, But I mean if he's if he's off by several years, that'd be quite amazing. I hope it happens in my lifetime. What just a stunning thing to even think about.
Speaker 4: And this isn't aside and we'll dig into this more thoroughly later on, but compare that idea of we're gonna set a goal that's probably not reachable, but we're gonna go nuts trying to get there. Who's in compared to government right where I'd like to see that memo filled out by the end of the months.
Speaker 2: There's seven of you working.
Speaker 3: Have we run that through the Environmental Agency to make sure we're not a foul of any this or that.
Speaker 2: Have the application done by next March.
Speaker 3: So speaking of mankind and the amazing thing that Homo sapiens have been into outer space and are going to go further and further versus many of the other humans that have existed on planet Earth that didn't make it out of the Stone Age?
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 3: So you might be familiar with the book Sapiens that came out several years back. It was a big giant hit and it's just a fascinating freaking book. But I'd only read the first chapter before, and I'm into the deeper chapters. At one time, there were six different kinds of humans existing on the planet at the same time, and it's still not completely known why Homo sapiens this is what we are, emerged and all the other ones didn't make it. But one of the genocide against my people, the Neanderthals.
Speaker 2: Could be or all kinds of different things could happen.
Speaker 3: But one of the beliefs is, and I've never heard this before, is Homo sapiens are the only beast that has ever existed on Earth that can believe fictions. And uh and and fully embraced them. And I didn't quite understand what he meant by fictions when he started in on it.
Speaker 2: But he uses all different kinds of examples.
Speaker 3: For instance, and if you're a religious person, you will be bothered by him using the word fiction. But he doesn't mean fiction as in uh fake, as much. Is it something that's in your mind. I'll start with this and said before I get to religion.
Speaker 2: Uh. Money, money is a fiction. I mean it is it is. You know.
Speaker 3: You you take a piece of paper, It doesn't it's just a piece of paper. So you have to have all the belief that goes in with a five dollars bill of what what the value of it is, how it's backed up by the US government, how it can be exchanged for something. And then you give the five dollars bill to somebody at the store who also believes the fiction of this piece of paper, and so you can trade goods and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: No other beast.
Speaker 3: Probably no other human ever had the mental ability to do that, so you couldn't trade. For instance, some might prefer the term abstraction. Maybe yeah, you know, maybe that would be better.
Speaker 4: Believing something or understanding it in the abstract, but yeah, what an interesting principle.
Speaker 2: Same with the idea of a nation.
Speaker 3: So Homo sapiens could and do band together over the idea of a nation, a country, a belief, a culture that's worth fighting for, and so you can get a very large number of people together to fight for it. It seems that every other animal, including apes, you use the example of sometimes apes do want to take another group, you know, apes, territory because they think they got better mangos over there or whatever. But they can't do it more than a very large group because it's over a very specific thing. The mangoes. As opposed to being able to band together millions of people over an idea of fiction or whatever you want to call it, an idea of we are a nation, no animal has shown the ability to do that, and they think perhaps Neanderthals or homoerectus or any of the other humans couldn't do that. A contrast, they couldn't buy into a concept like that. So you're not going to have like West Side of the Rainforest apes kick ass manasiders, they're not even real apes, right right, So, and the same with refuse me apes, and the same with creating a religion that you buy into that you could all band together around and protect yourself in very very large groups in a way that no other animal or human has ever been able to do.
Speaker 2: And I think that's a fascinating thing to think about.
Speaker 3: That's what separates us from all other living creatures on Earth.
Speaker 2: Perhaps that's as good a definition or distinction as I have ever come across. Yeah, I thought it was amazing.
Speaker 4: I too, started that book in kind of an interested way. I need to dive back into it.
Speaker 3: It's amazing how much is not known. That's one of the things that's really stuck out to me. There's a lot of guessing going on in that field, and many many others.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Lex Friedman had on a guy the other day who's kind of like an out there, controversial sort of anthropologist dude who has a belief that there was a major lost civilization somewhere on planet Earth that we haven't discovered yet. That explains the giant leap from hunter gathering to agriculture and civilization that happened simultaneously around the world kind of all of a sudden ish in historical terms. I mean, it happened over tens of thousands of years. But given the fact that were humans around for like two million years, why all of a sudden, all of a.
Speaker 2: Sudden, were we able to create civilization.
Speaker 3: There was a civiilation that grew very solely maybe in Antarctica, and we just have never discovered that it has existence, and it had spread around the world, but then it disappeared, was covered up with ice, and.
Speaker 2: Then the Lost Atlantis.
Speaker 3: The new idea of the way to live as humans got out there and started.
Speaker 2: I don't know who knows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, if you've studied this stuff at all, you know that some of the ancient civilizations and cities and all are super well documented and some aren't. Some you know, it's fairly fragmentary. But clearly there was a giant city and I have not studied this much. Er was one of the first civilized areas in Iraq, I believe, but it's not like a ton is known about it.
Speaker 2: So it's yeah, it's absolutely.
Speaker 4: Imaginable that there was a big, important civilization and the only records that were kept of it were over here, and oh gully of volcano just went off.
Speaker 2: Wrecking the only records that have ever existed. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's also highly unfortunate that most of the oldest civilizations in Egypt and Iraq, and maybe the oldest civilization is in turn, are in places where everything's so effed up the world can't really get there and explore it in the way you could if it were like found in Nebraska speaking of certain religions.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, taking in all that information and thinking about these spreads of time, I don't know, it kind of weirds you out from a getting so worked up about your current situation.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, that's another.
Speaker 4: Version of the Atlanta on your back and looking at the stars for twenty minutes experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I go back and forth on that one. So the so, if human beings have been modern humans have been around for let's say seventy thousand years, thinking and acting exactly like we do.
Speaker 2: And why are you so worried about your today day?
Speaker 3: Well, because I'm me and my kids are them, and I worry about you know, I want them to be happy and not miserable or in pain. So that seems like a pretty good reason to be concerned about it. Yeah, question of balance, I think perspective, no balance, all or nothing, one hundred percent or zero. That's the way I do it.
Speaker 4: So all of that was really interesting in thought provoking, and I thank you for bringing it to us.
Speaker 2: But what does that have to do with doctor Oz beingpoint? That's what I was trying to avoid having the conversation.
Speaker 4: Leads doctor Oz bad days blah blah blah, Pete Hexith, sexual assault, blah blah.
Speaker 3: So just briefly for those of you who don't know, and I won't go into it, but we had a personal interaction with doctor Oz that made me hate him for the rest of my life. He is a and I don't like him at all, But that doesn't mean he wouldn't be good at this job. I don't actually have any idea whether or not he's qualified to do this particular job. I doubt that he is because it's a running Medicaid medicare I mean, what.
Speaker 4: Forgive me, friends for using Jack's vocabulary.
Speaker 2: We should all be better than that. But it's possible.
Speaker 4: It takes a dick to go into those agencies and turn them around possible. Oz's great sin which offended mister Armstrong.
Speaker 2: It mostly amused me, but was.
Speaker 4: That he came in and just tried to take control of the radio show. He was there as a guest and said, our screener will screens calls, you sit down, here's the way it's gonna go. We're like, wait a minute, no, but he just seized control.
Speaker 2: So he's a leader. He's a leader.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's a leader and a dick, but apparently he is used to people saying yes, doctor Oz, yes, sir right, and he gets.
Speaker 2: Things that go the way he wants them to go.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, one thing, it ain't gonna be as boring, friends, isn't that the one sin that cannot be forgiven boring?
Speaker 2: The next couple of years will be interesting.
Speaker 3: And Bremer made a decent point on his Twitter feed yesterday that before you get two worked up about a lot of these choices, confirmed or not, they won't be around long based on recent history. So whatever you know, it's it's not like it's for the rest of our lives or all eternity.
Speaker 2: It's probably a year or two.
Speaker 4: For what it's worth. I love Linda McMahon at the Education Department. I want to talk about that because our education system in the US seriously has it is diseased, seriously diseased, and obviously you know me, I'm on about the radicalization of our children and doctrination in schools which is horrific and horrifically inappropriate. But you know you don't even need to go there. They ain't teach and the kids to read and write, the do arithmetic. Good lord, what are they? What are those buildings there for? Just to keep the rain off the kids' heads. The turn has happened with college education. Polling shows that now most people realize, wait a second, and it's these places are crazy. I'm not sure this is a good idea that the tide turned a lot. Where do you think we are with public school K through twelve?
Speaker 3: We still have work to do to get people to realize this is way way, way off time.
Speaker 2: Sure are a lot.
Speaker 3: There are more people that ever homeschooling or doing private schools and have ever been before. COVID hastens that right, right, and that's a big factor. I was just going to say, there's an awareness campaign that needs to be done.
Speaker 2: It's growing.
Speaker 4: But then the fact is that there are not the same alternatives, or the alternatives aren't as easy to take advantage of in elementary education for working families, they got little kids, they're paying their taxes. They think the government set up these schools. I want my kid to learn, you know, homeschooling, private schooling. It's expensive and door time consuming. Whereas I've came across another great article from this guy who counsels like the elite high school students of the Northeast who all wanted to go to the Ivy League forever, and he reaffirmed what I saw in the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 2: We talked about a little bit.
Speaker 3: He said, Now, all the lots and lots of these kids, huge numbers of them, they're parents are like, Hey, how about Georgia, how about South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, where kids go to school to learn and like drink a little beer on the weekend and try to get laid. How about that as opposed to marching in favor of Hamas all the damn time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Plus, your future employer has not seen this campus on the evening news being nuts.
Speaker 4: Right, which they assume you went to Tennessee to get a degree in whatever you got a degree in, not in radical studies.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Hating capitalism, Jack Armstrong and Joe, the Armstrong and Getty Show, The arms Strong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Show twicey times.
Speaker 4: Indeed, friends, here's your freedom living Quote of the day from GK. Chesterton contemplate this, will you. The most extraordinary thing in the world is an ordinary man and an ordinary women, not women women. It's not polyamory, you idiot. He's not in some sort of weird open marriage.
Speaker 2: I ruined G. K. Chesterdan's quote. He had such a role going there too, sonorous tones really was going well there right until that word right there? Do we have enough tape to do a second tape?
Speaker 4: Michael, the most extraordinary thing in the world is an ordinary man and an ordinary woman and their ordinary children. I'm thinking about that. I'm not sure precisely what he meant by that. I've long believed that while someone who reacts to danger or need or something in the split second and runs into the building and saves the children, it's over and begins in forty five seconds, that person is indeed a hero, and we should use that word but how about somebody who shows up day after day after day, be it difficult and heartbreaking and painful and whatever, and just keeps showing up.
Speaker 2: That's pretty damned heroic too, in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just to living in an adult life with a family is quite the thing. So I think maybe I do understand that quote.
Speaker 2: I think that's what he meant. Mail bag. If you know what GK.
Speaker 4: Chesterton meant by that, drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. John in Southampton, England, rights, Good morning, Jack and Joe. Can I suggest a UK US exchange we have where you have citizens who are desperate to leave the US because you have elected a strong leader who it seems is only interested in improving your country. Myself and others are unhappy with the UK Prime Minister and Labor Party are extremely left and are already running our country into the ground with high taxes and unreasonable climate change targets.
Speaker 2: I would like to offer my two.
Speaker 4: Bet apartment in Southampton in exchange for a home in the US.
Speaker 2: Love the show I listen every day. Thanks John.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, let me speak for my fellow Americans. We've kicked it around and appointed me as the spokesman Fall Americans, John, we would love to have you. Please come on over. Get the immigration paperwork.
Speaker 2: Nobody even looks at it.
Speaker 3: It just goes into a shredder. It's just a big elaborate joke.
Speaker 2: Good, just come on over.
Speaker 3: A good feature on illegal immigrant farm workers on.
Speaker 2: Sixty minutes last night? Is that what it was on some show no ABC this week? Man? Was that interesting? We got to talk about that later.
Speaker 4: Oh h sounds good, Mikey North Carolina rights guys in light of the Tyson fight, man suggest the general manager could have been father time. As you pointed out, all the time remains undefeated.
Speaker 3: And that was rough as a guy roughly the same age as Mike Tyson realizing, okay, you can get the base best shape your life.
Speaker 2: You're still old. Mike Tyson second round, walking back to his chair looking eighty years old.
Speaker 4: Dr okay uh dh in San Diego at the other end of the country. I also watched the Tyson fight. He said, Holy cow, was that boring? The eight rounds of an old man who didn't want to be hit, But the ladies had a bloody slugfest.
Speaker 2: That was a man peak.
Speaker 4: Execs may need to rel look at his arguments against women in combat.
Speaker 3: That was some fight that was the best female fighter in the world. I didn't know this to I watched the fight and a challenger who should have won, and it reminded my reminded me of why boxing fell off the map like it did so often.
Speaker 2: You want to boxing match.
Speaker 3: The crowd, the fighters, the announcers all saw it one way, but the three judges saw it another way, And you think, why did I even.
Speaker 2: Watch this six?
Speaker 4: Dave writes, With around fifty percent of the country voting for Trump, why is the dominant media dominant? I ask a as a long term A and G listener and a middle of the road democrat, seems to me that the free market is missing an opportunity. Well, Dave, I would suggest that the media is the dominant media is less and less dominant. They are dying slowly, partly because of their ideological bias.
Speaker 2: That doesn't reflect America. We got so much good stuff to talk about on the way.
Speaker 3: If you mess an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on the Man Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Getty, They're gonna wear fast. Don't you think that's a little odd? Absolutely, there's no doubt in my mind, this is the Armstrong and Getty show.