Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and He Armstrong and Eddy, a.
Speaker 3: Twenty one year old man, reclaimed a Guinness World Record by solving a Rubik's cube in eleven seconds while blindfolded. When asked how he planned to celebrate, he said, well, I'm definitely not getting laid.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is an old joke, but it's such a you know, blunt object version of that joke.
Speaker 5: It's indelicate, Michael, indelicate, I is a good way to put it.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you. So it's elect communists across the country day. We'll get into some of those races. I don't think they're going to actually win their seats, I hope, but uh, they're going to get the nomination. It looks like we've also got the AI is going to ruin everything story of the day that seems to be a a drum beat every day now. So yesterday on the show, Joe brought us some information about the whole Nancy Guthrie case. Savannah Guthrie from the Today Show Mom disappeared. You know that whole story I'd ignored every story on this for months and months and months now because they would claim there was an update and it would be nothing new, So I just stopped paying the attention to that story. Well, something new came out over the weekend, and Joe brought it to us yesterday, which I thought was really really damned interesting, and then a perfectly reasonable reaction by the way yours. And then it turned out Heather Myers, who's been doing our news filling in for Katie Green while Katie Green was on maternity leave. Katie is back, by the way, and we'll be talking to Katie a little bit later the full strength of the Armstrong and Getty Show, just in time for me to take a couple of days off before the kids go back to school. But Heather, it turns out, was at the Nancy Guthrie home. How soon after she disappeared, Heather.
Speaker 6: I happened to be in Phoenix covering another story, and I got the call, you need to go to Tucson, which is about an hour and a half outside of Phoenix. I would say I was there within about forty eight hours after she was reported missing, and that's when the networks were slowly starting to arrive on the scene.
Speaker 2: Gotcha. And then so some of the reporting Joe had yesterday that it turns out the local people did not handle it well in the beginning, you can verify.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of the main points that was made was that the crime scene was terribly handled. Evidence was trampled on, people were allowed to go in and out, and they ignored some of the blood evidence that was absolutely key to the case. But again, Heather witnessed this personally, tell us what the crime scene looked like.
Speaker 7: It was bizarre, you guys.
Speaker 6: I mean, I was standing outside of her home, which is on a very quiet street. All of the homes are set back far from the road. It's extremely dark at night. I'm talking like, you can't even see the homes from the road at night. No street lights, I don't think.
Speaker 7: And we would.
Speaker 6: Watch people walk up her driveway, which is not a paved driveway, it's a mix of dirt and gravel, and walk right up to the front door where there are blood spots. There were reporters with their cell phones taking video of these blood spots and then walk off. And there was a private person, not a law enforcement officer, looking at maybe somebody of the family had hired to sit in front of the house in their car in the driveway, and then every now and then, I would say maybe one to two times a day, the law enforcement would show up, put back up crime tape, go inside the house and remove boxes of items, and then as they leave, they take the crime tape back down again.
Speaker 5: So we understand what crime scene tape is for. It's not to ensure they have their personal space. It's to keep people away from the crime scene. I'm not a cop, and I know that.
Speaker 6: We would go door to door asking for neighbors. You know, do you have any ring camera footage? Have the cops come here yet? No?
Speaker 7: They would say no.
Speaker 6: And then there was a couple of major shopping centers I would say within a quarter of a mile. So I went over there and said, do you have any surveillance video from that? And have the cops come to ask for any surveillance video?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 7: In the middle of that, No, they had.
Speaker 6: Not come to the Why am I going there before the cops are to ask for any surveillance footage?
Speaker 7: So it was handled so strangely.
Speaker 2: That part is probably just the resources of a fairly small town not having to deal with, you know, major cases very often the whole crime scene tape though, that one's inexplicable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was bizarre.
Speaker 5: And the underplaying of the blood on the Oh, oh my god, so many.
Speaker 2: Disappear sobody disappears from my house, one of my family members, and there's blood spots out far the door. That seems like a pretty big Scooby Doo sort of clue. All right, here you go. Number one.
Speaker 5: The appointed headed of homicide, Sergeant David Stivers, was reprimanded two months before Nancy's kidnapping for poor judgment. Blamed for delay securing crime scene evidence in a homicide case. Wow, that's completely unrelated. Charges into that homicide case were dropped for insufficient evidence. Stivers and his detectives arrived at Nancy's house in the late afternoon of Sunday, the first of February, a day or two before Heather was there.
Speaker 2: For hours, they gave little regard to.
Speaker 5: The dried blood on the front porch, said people familiar with the investigation. They suspected the blood might have come from some unrelated head bump, nosebleed, or other incidental injury.
Speaker 6: That people said, that's so shocking because it wasn't one or two specks of blood or four five? There are major droplets of not a puddle, but clearly identifiable blood and several droplets.
Speaker 2: You saw it with your own eyes.
Speaker 7: I saw it.
Speaker 6: From the reporter who had walked up there and take in the cell phone foot But.
Speaker 5: It is so bizarre and inexplicable. I feel like I've got to be missing a key piece of information. Right, you have a missing person, even if you suspect it's an oldster who wandered off, and you see blood spatters, is It's incomprehensible to me that they handle it the way it is being alleged, right, I just.
Speaker 2: Can't believe it.
Speaker 6: The one time where I told you guys yesterday the pizza A news crew had ordered a pizza because there's no restaurants nearby, and the pizza man walked up to the front door of the hall standing on you know, the blood spots, spots standing on the portion or.
Speaker 2: The evidence that ever occurred in the whole thing that.
Speaker 5: Is now get this believed to be related to the abduction.
Speaker 2: The blood Wow. Well, so that was the update Heather had for us just that. Coincidentally, we have Heather filling in, and she was there. But then your update from the news, which I hadn't heard about the notes. That's I didn't hear this, so you brought it to it. Yeah, one more thing about the investigation. The sheriff's department launched drones, but their best piece of search equipment was a Cessna surveillance aircraft that had both infrared and zoom lens cameras. But they couldn't find anybody to fly it for hours and hours and hours because the guy who used to fly it. Now this is circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence does not equal proof. But this guy, the deputy, backed the.
Speaker 5: Sheriff's opponent in the recent election, and gosh, when the sheriff got reelected, he decided this deputy had screwed up and demoted him for he says on the job stuff unrelated to the election.
Speaker 8: Boy.
Speaker 5: But so this guy couldn't fly the plane anymore, and they so they had to wait till the other guy who could got back seven eight hours.
Speaker 2: Oh oh boy. That's the kind of things that can happen in a You know that nobody notices if you don't have a major crisis.
Speaker 5: Come along right right, And I have known enough fairly high place officers of the law who've been involved in a sheriff's elections and that sort of thing to know that when some of them back person a and some pack be the knives are out. Anyway, to the notes, Jack mentioned the two ransom notes that we all heard about on the news that I assumed at the time and said were probably a crack pot, and I was surprised they were being taken as seriously as they were. Well, what we didn't know was the first note that was much discussed in the media, a promise to release Nancy unharmed in exchange for a payment in Bitcoin of six million dollars.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 5: Her life is in your hands, said the note, which included details only a kidnapper would know, including missus Guthrie's white apple watch and where.
Speaker 2: It was, destruction of the bedroom, et cetera. Oh and you put those details into show that you're not a crackpot. Exactly, Yeah, yeah, exactly. Wow, Now that would be chilling, can you imagine?
Speaker 5: Then a second note came out, and you may remember that Savannah Guthrie and two of her siblings, as I recall, were seated on a couch tearfully asking the person to do the right thing. That second note we now know said, and I quote, we did not fully grasp the seriousness of her physical condition. We never intended to hurt her. That was not her intention. She perished shortly after she was taken. We believe it was heart related. She is buried in nature.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, that hole, you didn't intend to hurt her. Thing doesn't matter. Sorry, but maybe it makes you feel better. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that is a stupid person who got in way, way, way above their heads and was half panic stricken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that had to be brutal to find out those were real. And then they get that note. So how long have they known she was dead?
Speaker 5: This was it doesn't have a date on that second note, and she'll never be found. It's unlikely enless the person is arrested and exchanges that knowledge for perhaps a softer sentence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point. I hate the idea that this guy, I assume it's a guy, get to weigh with it. Oh, yeah, I was a guy.
Speaker 5: He makes several references to we in the ransom Moses, who knows that may be legitiated?
Speaker 2: Not was it that weirdo from that video. We also, oh, yeah, per got to be Yeah.
Speaker 7: That's interesting.
Speaker 6: You know when we go back and look at that surveillance video that you know that gave us all, you know, nightmares after seeing the person who was at her porch with the mask on that that person who somewhat looked kind not I mean sophisticated, but not extreme.
Speaker 7: How have they not been able to trace these notes?
Speaker 6: I mean the technology that we have out there, I'm confused on you know, why we have never been able to find like the back end of these emails.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think there are there are technologies these days that encrypt things pretty well and cover your tracks.
Speaker 2: But they were dealing with a dufis here though.
Speaker 5: We think you right, Yeah I did, with all due respect, Heather. I mean donning a mask in gloves, isn't.
Speaker 2: That sophisic walking right up the camera with your face staring at it? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: And then they're like, oh, it's a Walmart backpack you must have. Let's look at the maybe a shop dot Walm.
Speaker 7: We are no close to finding this.
Speaker 5: Guy, So so what's your takeaway?
Speaker 2: One of mine is.
Speaker 5: If you suspect your local police department is doing a crappy job of investigating something.
Speaker 2: You might be right.
Speaker 5: I've known cops investigators, many of them for many, many years. Some of them I would describe as the smartest, most conscientious people I've ever had the honor to know, and some I would describe as dopes, like every walk of life true.
Speaker 2: And then you've also got the you know, who do you need for this job? And how much do you need to pay to get a certain kind of person because we live in a town where not much happens, and you got that whole thing, and how many resources you need because we hardly have any crimes, there's no point in having some sort of setup. We're ready for this sort of thing to happen all the time, when it never happens.
Speaker 5: And then there's a question of pride and the territorialness between agencies and that sort of thing. And when you ought to bring in the heavy hitters immediately, sometimes folks resist that. But case this high profile and this critical, I mean, this is not shoplifting.
Speaker 2: This is a person being abducted. That it was handled that badly is just it's disappointing. The crime seemed tape is hard to explain. But so we got one minute left. I'm a sentimental sort of person. Is this goodbye, Heather? I think this is goodbye.
Speaker 6: Oh you know, guys, thanks for letting me fill in. This has been such a treat to join you guys, But most importantly, Katie, I wish you all the best. There is something so sweet about that first baby and then trying to come back to work, and I know behind the scenes is chaos when you've probably got a baby that needs to be fed and you're to you know, get back to your normal routine, and I just I wish you nothing but the best and lots of time just holding him, because if I could go back and just hold my kids, who are now teenagers, one more time, I would.
Speaker 7: I would trade the world for it, no kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely soaking in all the snuggles and Heather, you absolutely killed it filling in for me, So I'm very grateful for you as well. Well, very big shoes.
Speaker 7: That underestimated.
Speaker 5: But now Katie's back to enjoying the cruelty and verbal abuse that is working with Jack and mice.
Speaker 2: Like I never love, And that might have been the nicest moment ever in the thirty plus years of the Armstrong and Getty Show. When it's no surprise that it didn't come at the hands of Joy that we needed to bring in other people to pull this off. But do what do we do Heather?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Do we send you a bunk cake? Or is there some sort of something least?
Speaker 7: No, you do not need to do a thing.
Speaker 6: I feel like you guys put up with me trying to learn the ropes, and then I appreciate your patience along the way.
Speaker 2: You are very professional. Appreciate all your health you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks, all right, well take care of te you have.
Speaker 2: Fun and uh thanks and we do have to break it, take a break. But what Heather said to you, Katie, I was thinking about that the other day with my kids, just like, what would I give for one day of the I come home when they're still I don't know, picking age four, four and six or three and five, and they're so excited that I got home and they run up, what are we going to do today? You know that that? What would I can't even think about it? Are all blub Oh I know, I know. Oh, you guys will blubber.
Speaker 9: If we talk about it anytime soon because I had an old glovering.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, thanks everybody. But anyway, we got a lot more coming today, so stay here, armstrong and getty. So this franchessa Hong communist who's running up in Wisconsin is getting a lot of attention and might set back the DSA by decades, according to one of my favorite thinkers. I hope that's true, but more on that later.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, you have a Jew hating Islamic premisest, also a fake communist I believe running in Michigan much more dangerous than the half wit in Wisconsin, but will highlight them both in the coming half hour.
Speaker 2: So opkay, you stay with us. I like the rock and roll.
Speaker 5: I go to rock and roll shows now and again, even as an old fella, and I have been shocked. I can think all of us at ticket prices lately. And there's an article about how artists are rolling out twenty dollars concert tickets for their fans because their fans are freaked out at the prices. Blah blah blah. It's a limited number. I think it's mostly just a pr or.
Speaker 2: We're shocked. In what direction they're going up or down? I don't know, bup up, up up super high. Okay, yeah, can't believe continue to go up.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh yeah, yeah, but they're like Olivia Morgan, whoever that is. Oh, I'm sorry, that's the fan, not the artist. Olivia Rodrigo is the artist in question. And Cold Player putting out a limited number of twenty dollars tickets, which is nice, I suppose, but it's not clear how somebody against them.
Speaker 2: It's a gimmick. Were the economics of concerts? Why didn't they charge this much way back in the day if they could get away with it? What shame? Ban backlash?
Speaker 5: Because back in the day it was much more art and much less commerce, And it would be offensive to you if your favorite actual creative artist would hammer you for every dime they could get. It was a different relationship. Anyway, I could write an essay on it. But a decade ago average ticket to a top one hundred tour went for eighty three dollars or so. Now it's one hundred and thirty dollars. They don't adjust that for inflation, so those are useless numbers. But I thought this was interesting. Here's a twenty six year old Austin In Austin, a young woman who budgeted around two thousand dollars this year for concerts and another one thousand for traveling to shows and getting hotels. She flew to Bonnaroo in June. She'll see Rodrigo this fall. I'd rather spend money on an experience than a new pair of shoes.
Speaker 2: Well good, as long as she isn't railing.
Speaker 5: Against Capitol, voting for socialists, and then complaining that there's no opportunity these days.
Speaker 2: I'm one thousand percent behind you, sister, as long as you don't, you know, vote in such a way that this lifestyle is getting in the way of what you want to achieve. She budgets thousands for concerts from.
Speaker 10: Abdul l say Ed is the progressive who has the backing of the Democratic Socialists of America. He wants to abolish ice, cut off a USA to Israel, and has made medicare for all one of his signature issues.
Speaker 2: I believe in the opportunity we have in front of us to.
Speaker 10: Correct both the moral failures of the past and the moral failures of our present.
Speaker 11: I think most people in Michigan agree that l Saied is the favorite, strong favorite going into the voting, So it is going to give the left a burst of momentum.
Speaker 2: If he does win this nomination, it's going to be interesting to watch man. This l sied guy is going to win today, is going to be the Democratic nominee to be a US S running against a pretty strong Republican sitting Senator Mike Rodgers up there in Wisconsin. But go ahead, he is a flat out you think he's more of a h Islamist or co one hundred percent. Yeah, that's what I was just about to say.
Speaker 5: It bothers the hell out of me what we just heard, and it reminds me of a couple other you know, wars of the use of language we've been in in the last years since the woke Apocalypse. Islamists who want to overthrow Western civilization in the name of Islamic supremacism, supremacism and.
Speaker 2: Usher and Sharia law.
Speaker 5: They know they can't run on that, so they say to some of themselves, what can we say to get people of the West to support us? And the answer is you appeal to young people and claim your socialist It's the Red Green Alliance. I've been talking about a lot. A lot of folks have I've got the whole history of it. If you want it. It is Islamists joining with radical leftists to overthrow the status quo. And then as soon as the status quo has overthrown, the Islamists slit the throats of the leftists and take control. Yeah, else I had couldn't give a crap about socialism.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 5: He's constantly preaching about Medicare for all that would eliminate private insurance.
Speaker 2: Are you or medicaid Medicare for all?
Speaker 5: Anybody on Medicaid can tell you I've got two different kinds of insurance along with medicaid.
Speaker 2: It doesn't do that. He's a liar. His you know, Medicaid for all.
Speaker 5: His wife, who's a psychiatrist, won't even take medicaid. The guys in Islamist trust me. Oh, his wife and his father in law both with close ties to terrorist organizations or fundraisers for terrorist organizations. It's obvious, but everybody refers to him as a leftist because it feels a little big at it. I don't know to talk about him being a Muslim.
Speaker 2: Oh, We've got such a long way to go before our eyes are open as a country. Best if he's if he's seen as the socialist candidate, you can get into the hole. Well, what do they mean by socialism? They you know, they don't really know what they're talking about, that whole argument. Uh, And it's not as scary. I thought it was interesting. So Barack Obama came up with a great phrase years ago. I think whenever you talk about getting close to election days the silly season, because people during the silly season say all kinds of things that are just nuts. The closer you get to election day. I mean, because I usually see Bernie as a fairly straight shooter. He is a socialist and he doesn't hide it. But I thought it was interesting. The other day Bernie was in Michigan campaigning with this El Saad and he was doing his you know, his gravelly voice, and he cares about the working people and that's why he's not taking a dollar from a pack. And I thought, oh, wait a second, he's for the working people and that's why he's not taking a dollar from the Israeli lobby. I think you switched subjects here, honest, without the people understanding what's going on here.
Speaker 5: Number one issue in that race is Israel right for a United States senator.
Speaker 2: So seriously, even Michigan, even Bernie tried to pretend that I'm here supporting another socialist, but I know to get him elected, I got to talk about the Israel stuff, right, that is troubling and telling He's going to win today. So Mark Alprin's writing on this for a couple of weeks has been the interesting thing here is how the big wigs in the Democratic Party are going to handle this? Are they going to because the Senate is tight? You know, all the Platiner attention that got over one seat, that's not because anybody gives a crap. Who's the US Senator in Maine, tiny little state far away from you. Probably, it's the balance of power in the Senate is really really close, and whoever controls the US Senate, all kinds of things can happen or not happen. So one seat is huge. All those people trying to help Platner or this or that to get him pushed out because of that one race gonna be the same in Michigan, So you got el sad. Is Barack Obama going to campaign with him? Is Chuck Schumer tonight going to say and we will vote for outside? Is he gonna say that as a Jewish guy running the Democratic Senate. Clinton's all kinds of different people. What are they gonna say about this? They're trying like hell to get his opponent elected.
Speaker 5: But yeah, when l si Ed wins, so oh boy, that'll be interesting to see.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be a tough spot. They're gonna be in a really tough spot politically. I mean because there's a video out today, or it's been around for a while, but I saw today of him and Hassan Piker. You know, you got the whole thing with James Carvell saying this, I'm not gonna be in a party with a son poker. Either he's leaving or I'm leaving. So you got that whole thing. It could get very interesting, like tonight when the campaign acceptance speech is going on and your CNN news panels full of Democrats are pulling at their collar. Oh yeah, we are really excited about this. Obviously Islamo fashion half a communist being our nominee. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mentioned earlier that thousands of nine to eleven families have told Mamdannie don't come to the memorial this year. I am absolutely certain that Elsa had and his family were rooting for the hijackers on nine to eleven and not the passengers and not the people in the buildings.
Speaker 2: So that race. So he's a formidable, smart guy. He is that. Uh, and all the stuff that Joe just explained. You got this other person running in Wisconsin, Francesca A. Hong, who's just a what is she just a congress person there? She's part time bartender. Isn't she currently the front runner in the Democratic primary for governor of Wisconsin. Bah bah blah blah bah. Anyway, she's a member of the Democratic Socialist of America also, and as we talked about the last couple of weeks, and you know, their platform includes lots of crazy crap like closing prisons and abolishing the Constitution and all kinds of different stuff. Anyway, she's been asked about a number of things. She is not a smart, formidable person, but she still might get the nomination. Here she is on CNN and they got on this topic somehow.
Speaker 9: You said Americans should cancel Thanksgiving. Should have done this in sixteen twenty one. The post has been deleted. Republicans have been highlighting it. Do you still believe that Thanksgiving should be canceled?
Speaker 4: I'm a chef and one of the first meals that I made that was for the community when I was sixteen was a Thanksgiving meal. Now, I always think my hospitality background and owning a restaurant for seven eight years, that bringing folks around the table to share conversation and build community is always a good thing, Okay, But Thanksgiving is also a time that's incredibly painful for many people in our communities, and so I think.
Speaker 2: It is I wanted to make sure it is at all.
Speaker 4: Understood that there are multiple views, but views can evolve, and the position that I'm running for right now, and I think my background as a chef will actually help me become a better governor that's able to bring more people to.
Speaker 2: The table, literally the Thanksgiving table. So that is being highlighted by lots of Republicans because it's just it's kind of funny that you wouldn't, well, she's obviously a dope. Anybody who who was a serious politician would find a way to pivot out of that stupid controversy very quickly, get to something anybody cares about. What is what is abolishing Thanksgiving as an issue in this country ninety eight too? I mean, what the hell? And again it does not exactly rise to the top one thousand issues on any gallup poll of what people are caring about. The colonialism.
Speaker 5: That's why she oppressed the opposes its colonialism.
Speaker 2: How about the next one in order, Michael, with tipping and being racist. I haven't heard this.
Speaker 8: One in the service industry. We are finally having this conversation about, you know, how our industry really did come from it and kind of is rooted in white supremacy. That tipping in itself. If we look at the history of tipping and how racist it is and how it has kept wages low for black people for a very long time, and if you look at tipping now, how different the scales are in terms of of who receives higher percentage of tips over other folks.
Speaker 2: Wow, she's one of those people. Okay, so somebody bringing you food to your table at a restaurant is all from white supremacy, and we got to do something about the tipping situation.
Speaker 5: In a post a few years ago, she said, I ate two bites of my kids cheeseburger at Culvers in Black River Falls and told them they ran out of ice cream. But mostly I just wanted to leave because I was on the verge of an anxiety attack too many old white people who didn't think we spoke English. Oh my god, English something something. She is a absolutely poster child for even study miseducated, obsessed with colonialism.
Speaker 2: Soft head, right, she is not vernable. But you know, these people got the wind at their back because there's such a stiff breeze blowing towards socialism, which a lot of young people think is the same as socializing.
Speaker 5: So that's why or they bought a great lie of communism.
Speaker 2: Right. But one of my favorite thinkers wrote, ironically, there's a very real possibility that Francesta Hong is such an electoral disaster for Democrats that she sets Dems back a few years but also sets the DSA back decades and devastates the reputation of zelots like Hassan Piker. That could happen. Oh wow, this could be. This could be really good news for people who hate socialism, her getting a bigger stage and then just getting trounced in the election. Yeah, yeah, we've got more from this.
Speaker 5: Delight in a moment to after a word from our friends at Blue Collar Dollar, You're hard working person, you've script you've saved you've lived a sort of non nutty lifestyle that we're always advocating. Now you got some money saved up, and we'd like to introduce you to blue Collar Dollar.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Blue Collar Dollar gets people like you, like people like me and my family growing up. They're building a place where hardworking people can share values and financial dreams with advisors who talk with you, never at you, and understand your lifestyle.
Speaker 5: So, if you save five hundred thousand or more, we invite you to call blue Collar Dollar for no cost consultation, no obligation. If you don't like what you hear, no harm done. It's just a conversation. All you have to do is pick up your mobile phone and dial pound fifty. I'm sorry, pound two to fifty. When you're prompted, say the keywords blue collar Dollar. That's pound two to fifty, and say blue Collar Dollar.
Speaker 2: Advisory service is offered through Talent LLC and SEC registered investment advisor. Marketing is conducted by its affiliated company, blue Collar Dollar LLC. Registration as an investment advisor does not imply a certain level of skill of training. For more important disclosures, visit www dot blue collar dollar dot com.
Speaker 5: Well said, well, read thank you disclaimer for the ages.
Speaker 2: This is a ongoing conundrum. It seems like in politics, do you fight to stop dangerous and or dopes from getting into office or do you hope that they win nominations so they can discredit that ideology. I guess that's an ongoing thing.
Speaker 5: I think if you are an American citizen who loves this country, you fight stupid ideology every time you hear it.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good idea too. I don't like the I haven't heard of this go around, but lest few election cycles we've heard both sides do this, where you spend money on a bad candidate or an evil candidate to try to get them the nomination. And I don't like that. That is playing too close with the playing with matches.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, and you're allowing the weed of their awful ideas to row and flourish.
Speaker 2: And as we've.
Speaker 5: Seen lately, and I've been thinking about this a lot, and we've got more audio to play. Maybe we can do it on the other side of the break, but the you know, I've got to collect my thoughts. I'm sorry I got distracted. I'm easily distracted. You'll learn that about me. About the effect of really bad ideas on young people and how we as a people have assumed because we've been so successful and so comfortable, that the idea of radical political movements has always been kind of just funny to us or pathetic. It's like, you know, upstart football leagues, you know what's going to happen. You know, you think, wow, they're going to try that again, and sure enough, two years later they declare bankruptcy and we're all watching the NFL.
Speaker 2: Right, poor idea reality shows, right exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we have that idea about radical political moments too, but if you study it around the globe and through history, you know that often they succeed and either take power, millions of people die. And we are much much closer now to this radical political movement getting the stage where people die or certainly fortunes are lost and people are oppressed and screwed bad. And so yeah, I don't like the idea of let's put some fertilizer on these weeds because when the time comes, we'll just mow them down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, careful. I came across some interesting information about that whole data centers and the amount of water they use that if true. Is just why is this a conversation at all? Among a lot of other things we're going to talk about today, stick with us base officers enforce.
Speaker 12: The law with state sanctioned violence, and then an excuse for violating people's rights because they aren't expected to know the law. The abolist police spent nearly five million dollars implementing trainings increasing diverse. We're caring to strength and save relationships between comps and communities. It didn't work any city that have local control of how they dismantle their police systems to rebuild new community control systems rooted in preventative care and reducing harm. Defund the police, protect black lives, and build a care community.
Speaker 4: This is what we need.
Speaker 5: Francesca Hong trying to be the governor of Wisconsin calling for the defunding of the police. Just a couple of years ago, she was on with theb notious Dana Bash on CNN and Dana asked her about those.
Speaker 1: Beliefs Back in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, you wrote, I support defunding the police as a first step towards abolishing the police, and that reform can't be an option. I know you say that a governor cannot defund the police, and that you do not want to quote govern by slogan.
Speaker 7: I just want to be clear.
Speaker 1: Does this mean that you no longer believe in the goal of defunding and ultimately abolishing police that you posted about five years ago.
Speaker 13: I believe that safety is a human right, that I'm going to be a governor that is more serious about public safety than any other governor, and I'm willing to work with community organizers, faith leaders, local governments where public many of our public sits are funded. And if anyone believes in defunding the police, it's been Robin Voss and the Republicans and the state legislator who have ruled the legislature for over sixteen years and have no palms around defunding our local governments where these are folks who provide some of the most essential services in preventing violence and making sure that we're getting guns off of our street. And so to be serious about public safety, I'm most interested in making sure that we are being tough on the causes. If we're going to be tough on crime and make sure that we build community safety.
Speaker 7: All across the biness.
Speaker 2: This is a Wendy's what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: And for the millions time, when somebody is charged with gun enhancements or gun charges, if they're more tan than me, people like Francesca Hong won't charge them.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 2: So, yes, you said something disparaging about Dana Bash of CNN, but I appreciate her staying on this when she got a non answer. That's a good point.
Speaker 5: So the insufferable miss Bash continues to ask the unpalatable Miss Hong, so has your opinion changed? And Hong says, well, people can evolve, and Dana Bash says, did you evolve? Yes, I've evolved, So has your opinion changed? They go back and forth for a full sixty seconds on this. We're gonna skip that so you don't go completely insane and end with the final, you know, segment of that discussion.
Speaker 1: I just want to just to sort of put a fine point on it. You said your views can evolve? Have your views like her fifth attempt the police?
Speaker 13: We had a police shooting in my hometown of Madison, Wisconsin. It's actually the third one in on Willie Street, which is in my district, and it's difficult for me to think about what I would say to a mother who has lost their children to police violence, but I know that we can change these systems that must be changed. There are folks who work in prisons. They have some of the highest suicide rates for any employment. That we need to make sure that every incarcerated person can live a life of dignity. That ninety nine percent of incarcerated folks in our state will be going into community and we have to lower those RECIDIVI recidivism rates, to make sure, invest in mental health resources, in tackling the opioid in opioid academic and I think that when we have a governor that believes in those things, we can achieve public safety.
Speaker 7: I didn't hear it.
Speaker 5: Answers you was going to get into like the designated hitter and food additives.
Speaker 2: There. She covered a lot of ground in that non answer. Well, I appreciate Donna Batna, Dana Dana. I appreciate her saying at the end, I didn't hear a yes or no there. That was after like four full minutes and seven different attempts to get a yes or no. Where you are on defunding the priests police, which is one of the worst polling ideas in the history of politics, by all people.
Speaker 5: Oh what bothered me is a bullssers that wasn't even good bulls that wasn't even a good dodge.
Speaker 2: She's bad at it. State Rep. Francesca Hong likely to win today and be the Democratic nominee to run for governor in the state of Wisconsin.
Speaker 5: Long and grow strong, and getty