Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KSR pre Show. Today is Thursday, May fifteenth. I am Billy Rutledge along with Shannon the Dude. Give us a call on the Clark's Pumping Shot phone line. That's eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. Text us at five oh two two sixty five six six five six and is always The KSR pre Show is brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining right here in Lexington, Kentucky on Main Street in the City Center. Thank you for joining us for episode eight hundred and ninety six of the.
Speaker 2: KSR pre Show.
Speaker 1: I am here with my co host, Farmer Dude, who does not yet have overalls on, but maybe he will in the coming weeks.
Speaker 2: Good morning, dude, what's up? Hey man? Doing good?
Speaker 3: So eight hundred and ninety six episodes one hundred and four before we get to one thousand. That's right according to my math, and I can't believe it, man, it goes by so fast. I can't believe we've alreadyne almost nine hundred episodes of this show.
Speaker 2: I know we're coming up in four years in the fall, I believe.
Speaker 1: I think we started in the fall of twenty twenty one, and you blink and about four years have passed by. I'm sure you feel similarly about KSR. Yeah, I mean you've been doing that for what ten twelve years at this point.
Speaker 3: Right, No, try fourteen fourteen. Yeah, I started in March of twenty eleven. So now fourteen years later, here we are still going.
Speaker 1: And I still remember the story of you going into the boss's office right after the show saying, I can't work with this.
Speaker 2: Matt Jones, guy, I can't do it now than fourteen years later, right, he was saying that about me. Oh I did. I thought you did the same thing.
Speaker 1: I thought both of you guys went into the boss's room and said I can't wait.
Speaker 3: No, nobody went to the bosses. Well, I don't think I didn't. I don't know if Matt did, but uh no. Vannetti, you know, in the old office kind of had like the little sports pit area out there, and he was just like the.
Speaker 2: He would hold court. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So people would go and like whatever's on their mind, they would go to Bennetti and sort of there's a vent to him.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So that's what happened after the first show with Matt and uh, you know, Matt, I guess didn't like me, and I was like, man, this guy thinks he's gonna run me off. He's got another thing coming that's not gonna happen, and he hasn't really off fourteen years now, the question is will we go another fourteen years? Can we make it another fourteen you're setting the over under of how much longer is KSR going to be a show? I think you would set that way under fourteen years. Yeah, I think you might set it five oh five.
Speaker 1: Well, that would run until probably the end of Matt's latest contract, So, which is exactly why I said that over under Shannon five years, Well, I mean it's going to be over five.
Speaker 2: Let's say, let's say six over under six.
Speaker 1: I'm going over Shannon. I mean the paer KSR is too powerful and we can't get can't get rid of KSR here at iHeart Radio, Shannon.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're going to be looking to do it.
Speaker 1: But even if it's not an iHeart I would see him doing like a podcast or staying in the game. So it might ultimately live on for much longer than Matt. The brand of KSR. But who knows, Shannon, you'll blink it, it'll be another fourteen. That's how That's how it works around here. I mean you were in intern and it established well before that show even started, so you weren't going to take any crap at them, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the rock DJ, right, and you know that was so much more fun back in the early days of radio.
Speaker 2: Than I've heard some stories. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, you can't. We can't have any fun anymore, just the.
Speaker 1: Way it goes Tony and Dwight, you know, taking an RV for the weekend and yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember going to Lollapalooza in a limo. Oh, in a limo. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't see a lot of limos anymore. Maybe I'm just not in the right tax bracket to see them.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I don't do all kinds of cool things. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We did like a whole contest like where you know, you listened and you won the contest, you would get the poll into the you know, we were the Fox back then, so it was the Fox Limo and it was it was like, you know, personalities on the air and two or three listeners and they got to take the limo with us up to Lollapalooza and one of your bands, Incubus, was actually playing there that Oh is that right it was? I think it was two thousand and three up in Indianapolis, playing a little.
Speaker 2: Morning view for you. Yeact.
Speaker 1: I just like to think of guys like Tony Tnt being a wild man back in the day.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's got hair down to his shoulders.
Speaker 3: Some stories on him too, but oh yeah, we're not going to share those on the air.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, I feel a little bit like old man Radio this morning, talking about back in our day and how things used to be a little bit better farming.
Speaker 3: In arming, he did to go out and sprinkle a little water on the pumpkins, oh yesterday, just to make sure they're being nurtured, and uh, you know, we'll see. I'm not going to give you a daily update, but I will let you know, like when there's big moments, like when we see the first sprout or the first bloom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, please do we are.
Speaker 1: We are all awaiting Shannon the dudes great pumpkin to sprout and how many great pumpkins he's gonna have as he didn't know he was planting giant pumpkins. I just imagine you, like James and the giant peach, just laying on that thing like I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was some great photo shops yesterday. If people just photo shopping me on a giant like, you know, two hundred pound pumpkin.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll keep those coming.
Speaker 1: Awesome eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven. If you'd like to join the show, I'd like to hear from some callers this morning. Uh. I mentioned it being old Man Radio this morning a little bit. I feel like old Man Radio. My back's hurting from going bowling last night. Mario and I went to the Southland Lanes to participate in the Caser Bowling League last night, Shannon, and the goal was to break Drew Franklin's average. My guy averaged one hundred and fifty through three games. And that's pretty solid, Shannon. I mean that means you you were rolling the ball, knocking some pins down. I ended up going one thirty one, one forty three, one thirty four, so just under the one fifty mark, but had a great time. And and uh, you know that that league has grown a lot. We had sixteen teams last year. Now they're up to twenty one, Shannon, So you're enthusiast of the big Lebowski the dude. Yeah, we ever gonna catch you at the bowling lanes one of these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'll be making a trip from Louisville to Lexington just to go bowl a game or two, but yeah, I'll go bowling every now and then.
Speaker 2: I'm not very good at it.
Speaker 3: Market eight and market eight dude over the line over So no, let me there are rules here. Let me ask you what what pound of bowling ball are you throwing?
Speaker 2: With a three ten pounder, an eight pounder or six pounder? What are we doing?
Speaker 1: I was rocking the thirteen thirteen pounder all right last night, sh You know, I've been pushing and pulling a little bit getting in the gym, and you know, more beneficial to have a heavier ball. I think you know a novice talking here.
Speaker 2: I don't know when you bowled that thirteen pound ball. Did you use both hands?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I did not. I did not.
Speaker 1: But you know what, there are some of the best bowlers in the league that use two hands. Now, strategies are endless when it comes to bowling. You can go Grandma up there. You can go the slow roll and maybe just whip it back and go straight, or you can use the two hand and curve.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of different ways to do it. Are you actually allowed to do that in a league though?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 3: Like you know, see, I've never seen a pro do like a granny style bowl, but you see that in the you know, college basketball, and I think there's maybe once or twice in the NBA you've seen somebody do a greenny shot free throw.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's outlawed, but you know, some people are just on a different level, right, Like I saw one guy come in and he had four bowling balls that he brought in for his rounds last night, Shan.
Speaker 2: Four bowling balls.
Speaker 1: You only throw two balls at a time, Shannon, so he must be alternating just depending on what the vibe is for that round.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you play bowling, but I usually just throw one ball at a time.
Speaker 2: That's right, said two at a time, and I think the better chance. But I got to throw two balls at the same time, well, I mean too in one frame. Thank you very much for breaking that on's got a little English on it. Probably they'll throw a little spin ball. Do you throw a spin ball? Are you just straight?
Speaker 1: No, I'm straight at it. I'm not doing any spinning, you know. Brandon, our sales guy's actually really good at bowling. I think he had a two twenty in his final game, so he with him. He was spinning it and doing well. But our guy, Mario told me that he hadn't bowled since college, so it was you know, he was breaking the seal a little bit. It had been a long time since he played, and he was maybe stepping with the wrong foot a little bit. He kind of struggled to find his footing.
Speaker 2: Was he got better? He got better? What'd you say? Was he the worst? He was not the worst on our team? Was the one I need to know?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: Like who out of the people that we know, were the worst?
Speaker 1: Well, our sweet saleswoman Jennifer Pogue came with us, and she was She's just she wasn't up for it, Shannon, I mean she was. She was under seventy almost all three times. But you know what, we were having fun. We even had more fun when halfway through the first round Mario ordered a.
Speaker 2: Pineapple sprite vodka.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, no, Miller lite no, uh, you know, bowl and alley, pizza and beer.
Speaker 3: He got the pineapple vodka and he didn't stop talking for the rest of the night.
Speaker 2: Let me get it.
Speaker 1: A little bit of talking, a little bit of coaching, even though I don't know if he was the right one to be given tips. But the best part of the night was well into the second game, Mario got his first strike of the night.
Speaker 2: And he ran out of the building. It was hilarious.
Speaker 1: I mean, just running, pure joy and he went right out of the building like it was that NFL celebration with a guy just ran straight into the tunnel right after he scored a touchdown. I loved playing with Mario last night and the strike celebration, So looking forward to doing that much more over at Southland Lanes here in Lexington, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: So ran out of the building. Did he come back and bowl again? He did? I want to get back off. I would have just left at that point. He came back, he did. He had an interesting strategy.
Speaker 1: He carried his momentum after picking up the bowling ball right into throwing it onto the lane. You know, you might take up the bowling ball and maybe take a deep breath, set your shoulders. He would pick it up and in motion run it up and throw it unto the lane.
Speaker 2: So it's an interesting strategy. It is is.
Speaker 1: I had a great time with Mario, looking forward to doing it again. Shannon. Can I tell you something that's happening to me this weekend? You mentioned you planning pumpkins the other day. I got my own little outdoor activity that I'm going to be doing this weekend. What are you doing on Saturday? I'm getting a gas grill delivered to the house. Gas grill, gas grill. I got a gift from my parents for my birthday. It was a propane tank and they said, surprise, we're getting you your own gas grill. You've evolved from charcoal to gas. Shannon, do you have a gas grill at home?
Speaker 2: I have a combo.
Speaker 3: It's like one of those two in one, Like on one side it's gas, on one side it's charcoal. So depending on what you want to do or what you know, if you're out of propane and you've got charcoal, you can do that. If you're out a charcoal but you've got propane, you can do that side. I actually like charcoal better, but charcoal just takes a long time. You gotta wait for the charcoal to ash over and turn white.
Speaker 2: Like you don't want to throw your meat on too soon.
Speaker 3: When you're grilling with charcoal, you gotta wait for those those coals to turn gray.
Speaker 2: That's when it's time to throw on the meat.
Speaker 3: But sometimes it takes a long time to do that, and it's sometimes difficult to start them.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to just soak the charcoal and you.
Speaker 3: Know, the lighter flood right right, But yeah, the gas is the quick and easy way.
Speaker 1: I've got a charcoal starter that helps with that. You're crumpling up newspaper trying to get the thing lit, and so it is a hassle to get all that charcoal started and go. So this this way, Shannon, you just turn on the gas grill and you're you're cooking some of that Notecha lind of Farm steak immediately.
Speaker 2: I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how much Matt would be able to do with it, Shannon, but I like to think that I can grill up a little bit. I mean, it's the easiest thing to do when it comes to cooking.
Speaker 2: Wit grilling grill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's not much to it, right, I mean, you just kind of as long as we're not talking like ribs, because then that gets you know, you know, a little difficult detail, a lot of details going on with how you cook ribs the right way, right, But I mean as far as just firing up the gas grill and throwing on some burgers or hot dogs, it doesn't get any easier than that, that's right.
Speaker 1: That's right, Just a couple of minutes on each side. Right, that's the one type of cooking I can do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: If you ask me to smoke something or like you said, maybe even get into the rib category, that's a that's a I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna leave that to somebody that knows what they're doing. You know.
Speaker 1: You see big tailgates they're cooking all day, right, or like they're playing the Florida Gators, they're cooking Gator that day. I'm not to that level, but you know what, we're gonna have a good time. So maybe Shannon the dude can come over and have some burgers over at Billy R Sports Is. If he's not going to drive up for the bowling alley, maybe he'd come up for some dinner sometimes.
Speaker 3: Oh so now you're inviting me to things. Okay, I'm just no, I haven't invited yet. Just turn of events here, just testing the temperature here on if you would come up and hang out with the boys, just try not to burn the house down in your first weekend with your gas grill.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, that's all I'm trying to cro tip.
Speaker 3: If you have like a vinyl siding, don't put the gas grill up against it. Oh because you know my uh not the house I'll live in now, but the house I lived in before the vinyl on the backside was warped and it was like some idiot clearly put a grill right up against the house and burned the vinyl.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. I'll see people doing that. What are you doing? Do you want? That's where?
Speaker 1: That's what I was going to do. I think that's where I was gonna put my grill right next to the house.
Speaker 2: So I'll move it out. I'll have to, I'll have to change that.
Speaker 1: They're deliver it to me Saturday, and they said it's going to be there from either at eight am or eight pm somewhere in between that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so just have the meat ready.
Speaker 1: Eight am to eight That's like the AC guy that says the same thing. Right now, you got to wait around all day.
Speaker 3: One of these people think that I've just got nothing to do, or I can just sit around all day and wait for you. Can you not narrow it down to maybe an hour or two window? You give me twelve hours?
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Look, there's some AC repairmen that are probably listening right now, and I know they're like.
Speaker 3: If you're listening, I need you. By the way, I need I need a new AC unit. So hey, maybe we can partner up if you're listening.
Speaker 2: A little double diffing chance is trying to get a handyman for his house man. We do this grief.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like, obviously they've got a schedule that they work out. Some jobs finish quicker than maybe others, and that's why they give you that time frame.
Speaker 2: But that seems a.
Speaker 1: Little ridiculous eight am to eight pm. You'll just have to wait around until we show up. It's like it's like time Warner Cable having to come out.
Speaker 2: There and do that.
Speaker 1: So, uh, looking forward to that. I'll keep you posted. Uh, maybe we'll cook some pumpkin a little later there. Can you put pumpkin on the grill?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess you could technically put anything on the grill. I don't know why. You can cook the seeds, and that's a popular thing.
Speaker 3: I don't think you want to grill a pumpkin. I've never heard of such a thing. Well, I'll try, all right, I got nothing better to do this summer eight five nine two eighth two two eight seven. We'll take some calls today. I want to play a little sound from Mark Pope and also Pete Rose. Pete Rose talked a little bit about in one of his last interviews how he would feel if he was inducted into the Hall of Fame after he passed away.
Speaker 1: I thought that was some interesting thoughts. We'll share some of that and much more on the way on this Thursday edition of the show. Before the show, it is the ksrpre Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. It is the KSR pre Show Live on a Thursday.
Speaker 1: Billy and the Dude eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven, A couple things Tonight will be the start of the new Matt Jones Show every Thursday at six pm on News Radio eight forty whas we'll hear Matt Jones do something, Brandon, He's gonna do something. I don't know, interviews and talking about topics. I don't think it's politics. But Matt's starting a new show this week Weak and Bimani Jones will be the first guest.
Speaker 2: Wow Today. Okay, looking forward to that and that airs you said tonight.
Speaker 1: Tonight at six pm every Thursday night at six pm on HAS. I think it will be a podcast as well, but you can catch it live then or not live, but it is a recorded show. Also tonight, we have the UK baseball team starting their final regular season series seven pm.
Speaker 2: On news Radio six thirty WLAP.
Speaker 1: You'll have Kentucky baseball at the number nine team in the country Vanderbilt just before the SEC Tournament in Hoover in the coming weeks. Shannon, how do you feel about the Cats and the Commodores. That's your team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think Kentucky can grab at least one. I don't know that Kentucky is going to win the series. But you know, Vanderbilt we were talking about they're not necessarily as good as they were, but they're all way.
Speaker 2: Up to number nine right now.
Speaker 3: Like I felt like earlier in the year they were slipping a little bit. They stayed in the top twenty five. But you know, in years past, Vandy has been in the top five consistently, but still the top ten team we're talking about here.
Speaker 2: So it's not going to be easy this weekend.
Speaker 1: No, no, not at all, but probably Uh, you know, they're right on the bubble there. I even think if they were swept, they'd still be in the NCAA tournament. But just get one for good purposes and listen to Darren Hendrick on the call starting at six forty five for the pregame.
Speaker 2: I mentioned Matt in his new show.
Speaker 1: He also mentioned when he goes to his fellowship in September in South Africa, he's going to go on a safari slash adventure tourism tour, Shannon, something you'd ever want to do? Go see the lions, I mean, yeah, if we're there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, went in Rome right, or went in South Africa.
Speaker 2: I've seen I feel like the drafts.
Speaker 3: And the elephants and all the rhinos at the at the Louisville Zoo, But I don't seen them out in the wild, just you know, in their natural habitat. I don't know though that I would want to do that thing where you're scaling down the side of a cliff.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm lining.
Speaker 3: Can I get a discount if I just don't participate in that particular part of the package.
Speaker 2: So you just want the safari, you want the adventure.
Speaker 1: Tourl I don't know why you can't, Like why why can't I just go look at the rhinos without falling off the side of a cliff.
Speaker 2: I feel like, you know, you could get one without the other. I think I'm with you.
Speaker 1: But even on the safaris, I've seen enough videos with wild animals coming up to trucks, you know, like it's you have entered the thunderdome, you know what I mean, Like you have gone all the way to their home.
Speaker 2: You're in their domain.
Speaker 1: It's right, You're not at the Louisville Zoo. It's not you know, let's get some granola and feed the draft. This is this is real life.
Speaker 3: So what do you do if you're on a safarian a rhino just starts charging you?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, help you helpe the tour guides speak rhino, right, I mean, I mean there's not much you can do if you're gonna have an angry animal coming after you like that.
Speaker 2: But how fast does a rhino run?
Speaker 1: That's a great question, Shannon, A question that I have no idea where to answer. I mean, just really faster than a human. Take a guess, like twenty two miles an hour.
Speaker 3: You're not far off according to Google twenty five to thirty four. I guess there's some fast rhinos out there. Some of them go thirty four miles an hour. Either way, you're not out running one on foot.
Speaker 2: But no, they're they're tracking you down.
Speaker 3: But if I'm in a car, I'm gonna outrun that rhino. Thirty four miles an hour is nothing. It's like driving down a back road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not the rhinos you need to worry about.
Speaker 1: It's the hippos. Oh, how much you've heard about hippos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they eat pumpkins hole they like they tell you to feed them.
Speaker 2: They do, They do eat pumpkins. Hole.
Speaker 1: They also say humans hole Like that is like the one you need to be careful about when you're on the safaris.
Speaker 3: Let's see, they can run up to thirty miles an hour. Oh see no, no, no, no, hold on, up to thirty kilometers an hour. So nineteen miles in it. They're slow.
Speaker 1: Well they're swimming too, So you get on the about that I'm not swimming with with hippos on the Safari. I'm just I'm probably not doing it. You know what, I'll watch it online, the beauty of the Internet.
Speaker 2: You're not going to do any of it.
Speaker 3: If you go to Africa, you're not going to do any any safari. What are you gonna do in your hotel room? In my hotel room, read a book? Maybe I don't.
Speaker 2: You went on the You went all the way across the world to sit in your hotel.
Speaker 1: It's like Matt going to a Reds game and taking his magazine or going to an NCAA tournament game and watching the finish of the game in the hotel room lobby. Shannon, So the apple doesn't fall far from the tree there. Speaking of animals, there's going to be some horses racing this weekend in the Preakness, and you can bet on them on draftkicks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they run a lot faster than a rhino does or a hippo. The DK horse app download it right now, the number one downloaded horse betting app. You head to the DK horse app, opt in. Bet five dollars or more for a horse to win the stakes. If your pit crosses the finish line first, you're gonna win your share of a one hundred and fifty thousand dollars prize pool. So download the DK horse Racing app use the promo code KSR. That's code KSR on the DK horse app. Bet five dollars or more on a horse to win the stakes for your shot at one hundred and fifty to one thousand dollars prize pool only on DraftKings to the Crown is yours gambling problem Call one ting one hund gambler eighteen plus twenty one plus A certain states to open owner access in an Advanced deposit Wagering accoun on the resident of state where DK horses available.
Speaker 2: Eligibility restrictions apply void wor will prohibit it.
Speaker 3: Opt in and play us a five dollars or more straight win bet on the preaknas first eligible bet only must win to share one hundred and fifty thousand dollars cash reward via click to claim.
Speaker 2: Expires in thirty days, ends on May seventeenth. See terms of.
Speaker 3: DK horse dot Com slash bet Slash offers slash details.
Speaker 1: Two things that happened yesterday. We were talking about tonight. Let's talk about yesterday for a second. Kenny G played at the Louisville Palace last night. Shannon, you ever play a little Kenny G when you want to know romance on?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I didn't know that he was here. Kenny G. Still filling up theaters.
Speaker 1: Huh, still filling up theaters with his nonsense solos and things like that. But you know, you ever want to set the moon, maybe a little Kenny G helps. Also, yesterday, the Reds lost on Pete Rose Night four to two to the Chicago White Sox. They've dropped nine of their last eleven Shannon, unbelievable with all the news about Pete Rose and they dropped the game last night.
Speaker 2: But maybe we should have expected that.
Speaker 3: What our way to honor Pete Come on Red and even win a game against the White Sox. They stink, like my gosh, of all the Knights to lose a game, you lose to the White Sox on Pete Rose Knight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just so happens that that ruling comes down a day before Cincinnati has Pete Rose Knight.
Speaker 2: That's just a coincidence.
Speaker 1: But I heard a clip of Pete Rose speaking about the Hall of Fame in one of his last interviews Shannon. Not sure if I'm going to have time to play the full minute here, but just just interesting to hear it from the horse's mouth.
Speaker 2: Let's hear what he had to say.
Speaker 6: I don't see much sense and putting me on the ballot after I die, because for a player to go into his or her Hall of Fame, it's more or less for your family, and it's more or less for your fan base. And I'm big on both of those two things right there, And I know most of the people who root it for me my whole career would love to see me in the Hall of Fame as a living player, not as someone is ten feet under. And I always thought about that, What good would it do my family if they put me in the Hall of Fame after I die?
Speaker 2: So, Shannon, what do you think? Do you agree with Pete Rose? Of course I do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, as I was saying yesterday, to do it eight months after the guy passes away is a big slap in the face to him. You know that they could have done this. You could tell every interview, what he was asked about being in the Hall of Fame. You could tell it meant something to him. Of course it would. Why wouldn't it. He's the hit king, right, he absolutely belongs on the Hall of Fame, and now Major League Baseball seemingly agrees.
Speaker 2: Since he's passed away.
Speaker 1: That makes no see a little sad to hear it from him, say that that what good does it do to do it posts more now? But you know what, that's where we're at right now. We've got much more on the way here on the show before the show.
Speaker 2: It's the case. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just not going. I mean, you can count me out of the fellowship trip that week. I mean I'll go to Amsdam or.
Speaker 2: You're just doing what it's convenient for you, that's right. Yeah, I mean that's what traveling's for. I mean, I'm not just gonna go just to go.
Speaker 1: But you know what, if I do, I'm gonna pass on the Safari shin and you have fun with the rhinos and the lion's tracking you down.
Speaker 2: You're not very venturous, are you. I'm more of a homebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, when I'm not hoping that people cancel plans with me. I'd rather be home, but I'll travel and go places.
Speaker 2: I can level with you on.
Speaker 3: That on a lot of different occasions, you know, Like you say, would you rather go to this or be home? I would probably say rather be home. But I mean, you don't get a chance every week to go to Africa.
Speaker 2: Have you been outside of the country. I've been to Canada? Okay, well, I mean no kind of counts. Bahamas? Is that count Yeah? Yeah, i'd count that just like Canada. Okay, You've done some exploring, don't you know.
Speaker 3: I'll see people go to Mexico all the time. I don't know that I really have a desire to go to Mexico. Yeah, we're trying to figure out honeymoon destinations. That's a popular spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like there's islands in the Caribbeans, Mexico.
Speaker 1: I think Drew's going outside the country for his fortieth birthday coming up, so we'll have to talk to him maybe a little bit about that.
Speaker 3: You always just go to a Ruba like Ryan is when he gets married. Uh what did he say yesterday or the other day?
Speaker 2: Aruba? Vegas or yeah that's where he's getting married. Which one are you picking if me or for Ryan, for you? For you? We would you pick Ryan's wedding?
Speaker 1: You well, I'd love to see a Ryan Lemon wedding and gapon. You got three options here, probably Vegas, and I want the Elvis impersonator there and I'll want him to ordainus or whatever it is to actually get us married. I think they I think that that's what my parents did, Shannon out with an Elvis impersonator.
Speaker 2: But they were married in a chapel in Vegas. Okay, yeah, so they.
Speaker 1: Select few people there they eloped, Yes, well, I think they had the ceremony there. They had a couple of family members there, but I was not invited. Eight five nine to AH two two eight seven, Shannon, A couple of things.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The first is that the NFL schedule was released yesterday, and we're not the show to really break that down. I don't think we'll let maybe Nick Coffee do more of that later today on this station or one of the stations Sports Talk seven ninety. But I did find this interesting. CBS has a lot of Pittsburgh Steelers games in their lineup, so much so that Jim Nance on The Rich Eisen Show yesterday offered Aaron Rodgers around seven figures to sign with the Steelers, so those primetime games on CBS would be more interesting.
Speaker 3: What makes you think that maybe that's where a lot of people think that he's headed, right, Yeah, but you know, I think I believe the first game is Steelers Jets, That's right.
Speaker 2: So I think that, you know.
Speaker 3: There's some thought that Aaron Rodgers is going to end up in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: But I mean we're midway through May. Wouldn't that be happening like soon?
Speaker 3: I mean, we're not that far away from the NFL season starting, and I mean you can't just jump on a team without going through training camp.
Speaker 1: Rodgers, on his own timeline channing he didn't even need to practice.
Speaker 2: Is he in a dark retreat right now? Is he even like above ground? Is he just own some caves somewhere? That's actually a fair question.
Speaker 1: After the darkness retreat that he did a couple of years ago, you know, the ayahuasca, we had people call in saying that there's places in Kentucky that I actually offer that service.
Speaker 2: So who knows.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's in a trailer in Kentucky somewhere, but that is not going away. But I do like jim Nantz passing around the hat. So CBS has more interesting games with Aaron Rodgers now Shannon. In the past, we've talked about our love of astrology, right, well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean I don't think I love a straw. You might love it, I don't really love it.
Speaker 1: I don't read Horrorscope, we love moon water, we love horoscopes. You ever been to like a palm reader or done somebody that has done tarot cards?
Speaker 2: Shannon, You ever seen somebody that does something like that?
Speaker 3: Tarot Tarot cards? Tarot cards? I mean in my living room. Maybe that's about it. I'm just saying there may be somebody in my house who has Tarot cards. Well, but a palm reader, No, I've never had. You know, I've passed all those stores have like palm readers. I don't want to go in there, Like what if they tell me I'm gonna die next week?
Speaker 2: I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be nervous, You're gonna be looking around your shoulder every yeah, every day.
Speaker 2: I mean, do you actually believe any of that stuff?
Speaker 1: Come on, I'm on the fence with a lot of it on the fans. Come on, you don't on the fence.
Speaker 3: You don't believe that somebody laying out twenty cards and then flipping over this card is going to predict your future, do you no?
Speaker 1: But like the generalities that they use, you know, sometimes can hit home right. They're like, don't do you have an uncle named Bob? And I'm like, everybody do have an uncle name Bob?
Speaker 2: Do you know that an uncle named Bob? You do? Did you know that?
Speaker 1: So like, that's I think there's a little bit of that in there, of course. But Ai is becoming the new fortune teller, so much so that a Greek woman entered her twelve year marriage after AI analyzed her husband's coffee cup. Have you seen this story yet?
Speaker 6: Hold?
Speaker 1: This has made rounds on morning shows in Greece after a woman asked Ai to analyze her husband's coffee cup. Apparently, it is a common practice when it comes to like horoscopes and fortune telling, to look at the bottom of a cup to see, you know, the future, Shannon, that is an actual thing. When Ai analyzed the bottom of her husband's coffee cup, chat GPT said it saw signs of infidelity, specifically that her husband was fantasizing about a woman whose name starts with the letter E. The woman believed that so much so that she ended her marriage of twelve years.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Two children in the marriage as well, because of what chat GPT told her about her husband's coffee cup.
Speaker 3: Well, this woman's just stupid. I'm sorry that she's stupid. I guess this is a real story relationships. Based on what chat GPT has to say about the bottom of a coffee cup. There are bigger issues going on here than what chat gpt said. All right, I think she probably was on her way out anyway. There's nobody within the right mind who is going to listen to chat GPT, especially when it comes to analyzing a coffee cup. And how in the world would a coffee cup say that somebody is cheating on another Perton That makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Tesography, I hope I'm saying that right. Tesography is the reading the bottom of a cup as a fortune telling method.
Speaker 2: Okay, but the cup is the cup.
Speaker 3: Like, the guy didn't create the cup, He just bought the cup at a store.
Speaker 2: How does that cup say that he's cheating on her?
Speaker 1: Well, the coffee grounds, I guess, after you get done drinking the coffee Shannon, maybe it lies on the cup in.
Speaker 2: A way that reveals who you truly are. Shannon. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to play a little devils here because this woman just ended a twelve year marriage over something that AI told her.
Speaker 2: Well, we've seen a lot of stupid things on this show. We talked about it. This is the dumbest.
Speaker 1: This could be the dumbest, the dumbest of the dumb that somebody would do that.
Speaker 2: I have a hard time even believing this story.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so the husband has gone on morning radio shows and TV shows in Greece to confirm the story that this is the reason why that she is so ended. The related coffee cup look like see, I don't know, and I'm afraid to look at it.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll have Mario analyze my con.
Speaker 3: Thet hold it up where Oh, okay, what do you I'm seeing? Let me get a sense for it. I'm sensing a guy with a bad haircut and a guy that gets drunk off two no, one no two Mimosas.
Speaker 2: Wow, how did you know? Is that right?
Speaker 1: I mean, I've got I'd get drunk off to Mimosa's, But I don't know about bad haircut. That's that kind of fifty to fifty fortune teller thing. They get some things right, something's wrong. A lot of creamer in the bottom of that cut. But man, I mean, we can't let AI make these type of decisions, Shannon. Are you worried about you know, people fifty years from now just using AI as a decision maker instead of just doing.
Speaker 2: What you feel about you?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm fine with using like AI to make simple decisions like should I wear this suit or this suit? Or should I wear this polo with the old school Tampa Bay Buccaneers logo on it, which.
Speaker 2: Is a very nice shirt by the way. I love that logo.
Speaker 3: Or should I go with this shirt over here that's got pitstains in it. You know, AI can help, I think in those type of decisions where should I eat today? But when it comes to making relationship decisions based on stupid things like a coffee cup, I mean that's on you if.
Speaker 2: You go to chat GPT for something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a whole movie about a man falling in love with an AI like a cell phone. I think Scarlett Johansson played the AI voice in the movie Her, so I think We're not that far away from that, Shannon.
Speaker 2: We've got people that.
Speaker 1: Are looking for robots that could be their partner, lifetime partner.
Speaker 2: Fabian. I'm was just reading about Apple.
Speaker 3: They said by the end of the year, they're going to have this chip where people can put this chip in the cortex like a vein, which like the motor cortex of your brain, and that will allow you to control your iPhone or your iPad or like Apple Vision with your brain, with your like mind control.
Speaker 2: And I'm going like, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, like, since when did it become so difficult to pick up the phone.
Speaker 2: And use my thumbs? Why don't you know chipping my brain?
Speaker 1: Well, for me and you, yeah, but for disabled people, I'm sure this is a godsend right for that?
Speaker 2: Okay, you found the one exception.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about normal people who are too lazy to pick up their phone.
Speaker 1: I'll just get a chip in my brain and I want to go get my phone. Oh but it's not going to be just the disabled buying that. I mean, people are going to be lining up for that. Just what I'm saying for our society to be even lazier. So, I don't know, just one of the more scary developments with AI.
Speaker 2: Let's take our first. The future scary and it's happening fast. It really is.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey, peanut, Peanut, get off that zero turn more, answer the phone.
Speaker 2: What's up? Are you on the Bobcat or the zero turn today?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm on the zero turn today.
Speaker 2: I could hear it. Yeah you knew?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah you got you know, you know what? You know? My life now?
Speaker 2: That's right? What's up?
Speaker 5: You know? I'm also the chef, So when you talk about food, I gotta help you guys out.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go put your tip you're.
Speaker 5: Talking about You're talking about ribs. Ribs is easier, easier than grilling if you just just slap slap them with some butter in your seasonings and wrap them in aluminium fol put them in a little pen, put them in the oven for five hours. Take them out of the aluminium fole, put your barbecue sauce on there. Put them in for another hour. Fall off the bone.
Speaker 3: See, I feel like, if I've already cooked this thing for five hours in an oven, why do I have to put it on a grill for another hour? Like it feels like it would be done after five hours.
Speaker 5: Don't have to put it on. You don't put it on the grill. You don't put it on the grill. You just put it for another high ire eison. You put your barbecue sauce on there. That way your barbecue scouse gets good and steaky.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so you just's okay, I'm talking about that.
Speaker 2: How do you do it on the grill?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I guess you could throw it on the grill after you cooked it in the oven. But I feel like the oven did all the work.
Speaker 5: The oven does all the work. But I'm just help you out making ribs period, because that the grill ribs is kind of toughly. You could smoke them.
Speaker 4: It's smoking is pretty easy.
Speaker 3: Too, Okakay, Well maybe you call back and tell us how to smoke tomorrow. Yeah, or grilling advice. I can only handle one grilling tip per day, all right, our brains can't.
Speaker 5: Billy Billy got a grill next time one of you get a smoker we're talking.
Speaker 2: About all right? Sounds good? All right, thank you.
Speaker 3: Mine's kind of rusted. I may be in the market phone. He's in those green eggs. You know what I'm talking about? A green egg grill?
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm gonna need more than that, is it? It's like a notable egg.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, it's a smoker.
Speaker 1: It's I have seen those green egg Yeah, and they're like one thousand dollars for like a little bitty only these things.
Speaker 2: Are way overpriced. Oh yeah, those are popular. What's that gonna do that my charcoal can't do? Smoke it?
Speaker 1: I guess farming tips, grilling tips please? Five nine two seven. Tristan is on the line as well. What's up, Tristan?
Speaker 4: Good morning going. So I don't I engage in in taro as an exercise, and I don't believe it tells the future, but it does have a lot of extremely interesting results. And for example, last year when we played Oakland and basketball that morning, I pulled the death card. Now, death isn't about, you know, like bad things happening, and it's about a rebirth, like a renewal, something you know, coming out of the fire, like a wildfire, and then something happening after that. And I believe that did happen. So you can't just dismiss it completely out of hands, not to tell the future.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, come on, now, wait a minute, you're telling me, the reason Kentucky lost to Oakland is because you pulled a death card out of your tarot stack of cards.
Speaker 4: No, that's not what I said. I said that it indicates that a rebirth might be coming. And so there I pulled it that morning. Something bad happened that afternoon, that evening, and then a rebirth happened in Kentucky society. So I'm not saying that it happened because of that. I'm saying it, you know, it was an indicator, something that came that you do.
Speaker 2: You have your tarot cards now in front of you.
Speaker 4: I've got at least four decks sitting right here.
Speaker 3: Could you pull one out? Is this a quick process?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Can we do a eating over the phone? That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm not even calling psychic and Cleo, remember Cleo back in the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure, Yeah, Yeah, I'm on. I'm shuffling right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, great, I.
Speaker 4: Just pulled I just pulled the impress for who? For me?
Speaker 2: Or for Billy?
Speaker 4: Let's say for Billy.
Speaker 2: Oh, for Billy. Okay, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: So it is a venus card. It's very earth power, so it's more about So the keywords are femininity, beauty, nature, nurturing, abundance. That it could, but you know, femininity is more like a water thing, you know, so it's more about like emotional. You know, it's a nice day outside, so you know it could be about your your inner self something like that. So without more details, it's what we got.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go. I'm emotional and nurturing. Is that what I should get from this.
Speaker 4: Abundance nature? You know, like it's a you know, you're you're embarking on a new relationship, You're talking about your honeymoon with your wife. You know, you could be having something come along, you know, biologically from that. So you know it could have a far reaching implications.
Speaker 3: All right, there you go, All right, Trustan, I want mine, but we're out of time. We're out of time today, so we'll call back what we're reading Tarot card reading for me tomorrow. Thanks Tristan, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Could be a daily segment.
Speaker 1: There you go, Tarot cards with Tristan again. Fortune tellers they get about fifty to fifty. Right, I'm a nurturing guy. I can be emotional, but Shannon, femininity, I mean, come on, yeah, he got it wrong. I think he's exactly right. I now believe in tarot cards.
Speaker 2: I mean, what about coincidences? Like is that a thing with these fortune tellers or do they just say, oh, because I drew this, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you believe that he pulled the death card? And now you know it's symbolized Kentucky losing.
Speaker 1: In the rebirth of Kentucky though she must be lost cards. It wasn't just the death, it was the rebirth of the programs. All right, we are late for a break. We'll be back here, Off mackais, I appreciate it. All right, welcome back. It's our final segment of the KSR pre show. We went a little along there with our fortune telling. I think we found our new lane.
Speaker 2: Shannon.
Speaker 3: It's the first time I've ever read a tarot card reading live on the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and hopefully Trasan will call back and give us some more later. But Shannon tell us about silk velvet whiskey.
Speaker 3: But yes, Billy, I'll see some silk velvet whiskey in your near future. Historic brand revived first crafted in eighteen eighty in Hnderson, Kentucky. I think I may actually be heading over there at their Beaver Damn Location distillery to pick out a barrel tomorrow. I need to check with Zach Hargas and confirm that we're talking about award winning craftsmanship made in hand selected by their master distiller, Jacob Call, who is one of the most awarded distillers in Bourbon, with a family distilling lineage going all the way back to seventeen ninety one hundred and seven prove at least six years aged and age to perfection and bottled for bold Kentucky flavor with a smooth, velvety finish that is a top notched bourbon. So you know, if you want more than just your average bottle of bourbon, try a silk velvet whiskey. You can go to Solk Vevet Whisky dot com. Distribution continues to grow, so keep an eye out, and they've posted on their social media accounts. You can follow them on there, and they've got all the locations where you can find silk Velvet whiskey in a store near you.
Speaker 1: A couple TV notes before we pass it off to Matt and KSR at ten am, Max is rebranding back to HBO Max Shannon There are rumors that it was one executive high up in HBO that kind of went on a power trip thinking Max would be a good idea. In a three to four year span, we have gone back from HBO Max to Max to HBO Max. Shannon, you're fixing a problem that didn't need to be fixed exactly exactly. There's always somebody sitting around in an office going, Hm, what can we screw up?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're basically fixing something that isn't broken. I don't know why you would take the HBO brand. You spent all these years building up the brand HBO and then you want to take that off there and just call it Max. If I see an app that's called MA, I don't know what that. What does that mean? Now you put HBO in front of it. Oh, okay, now I know what it is.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Seems like a pretty stupid idea to go away from HBO Max to begin with.
Speaker 1: And speaking of things that are broken, I'm talking cable TV and streaming. ESPN has announced they will have a new streaming service and their app will be.
Speaker 2: Twenty nine ninety nine per month. Shannon.
Speaker 1: You can get ESPN, ESPN two and SEC network programming. So ESPN is changing the way that they are doing it. If you are already spending eighty two dollars a month on YouTube TV, you're fine. But if you want ESPN only, it's gonna start being thirty bucks a month.
Speaker 3: Well, it depends on I guess what you watch. Like, if all you watch is sports, I guess maybe it's worth it. Right, But if I'm paying for cable, I mean, I guess if I'm paying for cable, you're already getting those things anyway, right, But if you're one of those people that just only watches sports, maybe.
Speaker 2: It's worth it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Bundle it with Hulu and Disney Plus and pay fifty dollars. But does that mean, like we're gonna have to pay thirty dollars a month to watch ESPN plus broadcast? Shannon, Like, if I want to watch Western Kentucky baseball, is the only way I'm going to do it. It's been thirty dollars a month. That seems pretty stupid, but probably right on par when it comes to the TV streaming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we're going away from cable and then going to all these different apps, which is just essentially cable.
Speaker 2: Cable time is a flat circle.
Speaker 3: It's just recur Yeah, it's just all separated in different apps. So really it's more of an annoyance to Okay, I want to watch this game, which app is this on? Instead of going to one app where it's all just right there. With cable, it makes it a lot less convenient to try to find what you're watching.
Speaker 1: They'll package all the streaming services together here in about five years and we'll be back to.
Speaker 3: Where we were, yep, and you can bet on all those games that you're watching on that package with the DK horse app promo code KSR. Bet five dollars if your horse finishes first in the prickness, you're gonna win your share of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars prize pool only with the DK horse app and promo code KSR.
Speaker 1: All right, that's going to do it for us. We'll hand it off to KSR. Matt is in studio. I've got Drew, Ryan and Mario right here. So it's going to do it. For the third day edition of the KSR pre show for Shannon the Dude, I'm Billy Rutledge and we will talk to you tomorrow