Speaker 1: Worrying. Today's episode Canadian spoilers for peace Maker season two episode five, He warned, Hello, my name is Jason Gettepsi on and on Risday Night, and welcome back to X ray Vision, the podcast where we dove you, but your baby shot Coming you from my Heart podcast where we'll bring you three episodes a week listens sometime plus.
Speaker 2: The news and today's episode.
Speaker 3: We are officially over halfway through peace Maker season two and things are getting crazy, so me and Jason will be recapping it, and then we're going to bring Ian in our peace make it correspondent to talk theories for the last three episode.
Speaker 2: Of the season and where this could all be going.
Speaker 3: I think that it's hinting that maybe we've been right about some things, but I'm excited to dig into it with you guys.
Speaker 1: More Peacemaker episode five, We've open on Junior Rick Flagg Junior's funeral. His flag draped coffin is there, Harcourt is there staring at the casket. Senior comes over and Senior is bitter about the mission, about the resources his son and his team was given to accomplish the mission, and most of all, of course, he's bitter that he was killed and the course of the mission. He wants to know what happened, and Harcourt's like, that's classified. Senior then tells Harcourt that sadly Waller has it out for you, sorry to say, and Hardcourt is like, I know, and he says, listen, You're always going to be part of the family for me. Okay, Junior loved you and that's good enough for me. That's what Junior would have wanted. And by the way, Harcourt, I'm going to find the person responsible for Junior's death and they will pay don Don dun reliable.
Speaker 3: That is how I felt off to the end of James Gun's The Suicide Squad also, like I do I love it that dealing with this, But I also did think it was really funny because I was like, say, your son was in the suicide Squad twice, Like I think you've gotta be a bet dad, Like if he's getting Team X, Like I think we know it's called the suicide Squad, let's called the suicide Squad.
Speaker 1: We go to the present. Harcourt is at the ambush site where she is lured Chris two. It's a local park. There's playground, there's kids, there's people playing frisbee. The whole thing. Senior and the other Argus agents, including Fleury and Bordeaux or like lurking in the crowd. Judo Master is on the roof with some sort of tranquilizer sniper rifle, and they see Chris approaching. And the way Chris is approaching tells you that he knows.
Speaker 2: That there's something's up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like creeping behind people. He is like weaving in and out of crowds. Senior tells Judo Master take the first available shot. Chris comes up, sits next to Harcourt, takes her little lave of mic, throws it away, then switches seats with her so that she's in between Judo Master and and him. And we learned that Harcourt learned had warned Chris. She used a very specific word in their conversation that let him know that something's wrong.
Speaker 4: It's a trap.
Speaker 1: But Chris showed up anyway, and Hardcourt's and curiated is like why did why are you here? Like what are you doing here? And he's like, I want to know if it meant anything, And so clearly there was quite a serious hookup. Which we've which we knew beforehand, but now we're getting more of the outline.
Speaker 3: Feels yeah, it feels more like this is clearly something that for some reason Chris is like focusing on. This is this idea of being with Hawk call this pet Henshawl for a romance.
Speaker 1: So she's trying to show him away. He just wants to know, like, did you ever have feelings for me? Meanwhile, Argus is moving in to like block all the exits into him and Chris. All the while Harcourt is just like peeling Chris's ass about I never cared about you. It meant nothing. Get out of here. You're a fucking idiot. I wish that had never happened, whatever it was. And as for Rick Flegg Junior, which Chris is very interested in, like, so what was going on with Junior? Like, what's the deal with him? Was that the issue? Did you have feelings for him? She's like, listen, Junior was only ever a friend?
Speaker 2: Why this woman? Man? What the heck?
Speaker 1: Why lie about that?
Speaker 2: Why lie? I don't get it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, especially because it's about the time is about to come up, and says when it comes to Junior, so not a great idea, but she's not making a lot of choices this yet.
Speaker 1: I completely agree. Argus finally moves in. Chris is surrounded, Bordeaux is prepping to kill Chris, and Harcourt, hearing this over the radio, runs in blocks the shot, chokes out Chris and saves his life. Back at the cabin, Adamo gets a call about her ad in Modern Soldier, and it seems like the caller is mostly interested in the ad because of the unrealistic art depicting herself, which she is now telling the guy, Yes, that's me in the ad. Absolutely, yeah, this funny shadow. He then asks for Greek, which is we're but we learn what it is. But my first reaction was, that's like a boomer term for anal.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, because I know spotts or something like. But yes, I and then that is confirmed.
Speaker 1: Absolutely confirmed, and that is oh man, this there's an author. I first read about this term from an author in a book by an author who's like the knockoff Stephen King of the eighties. Anyway, I forget the guy's Dean Dean Koots I big, I love listen, I absolutely love d kods, read a lot of books. I recorded Stephen King books and that's where I first encountered the term Greek anyway, and is very psyched that she's got a customer now. But VI is like, oh, yeah, no, you were having a prostitution conversation. Yeah the guy, Yeah, that's what that was.
Speaker 2: I do This is a great season so far.
Speaker 3: Not enough Vigilante like this is this is my not so funny And every time he comes in he adds so much. He's so engaging. It's such a great performance by Freddy Stromer.
Speaker 2: I am sing him.
Speaker 3: So I'm hoping. Yeah, lost three seat episodes, we get more.
Speaker 1: At a Bio and and Vigilanta. I'd say both of them.
Speaker 4: I leave.
Speaker 1: I feel like every episode at is gonna.
Speaker 2: I feel like be a key pop seeing is why we leave this.
Speaker 1: So back at Argust, Harcourt and Bordeaux like bicker about the arrest, like what the fuck was that? What the fuck was that? I'm doing my fucking job, blah blah blah blah blah. Chris greets economists as he leads is led past his little cubicle and cuffs. Harcourt pulls economists aside and is like, listen, he's an economists, is like, I can't believe you betrayed the eleven Street Kids and Chris, and she's like, She's like, uh yeah. She's like I tried to warn him, but he fucking showed up because he's an idiot. And then Economist is like she's and then she's like, what's the deal with with her with Bordeaux? And he's like that this board bitch is is a cyborg. We learn Oh, Harcourt is scared that Senior is going to kill Chris and then throw his body at a dumpstir, which is clearly what he's planning to do. So she's like, listen, you need to put him into the booking system so that he can't be disappeared. Meanwhile, we get some very humorous clips of Red Saint Wild out in the woods hunting Egaly, which is probably the biggest reveal of the entire episode of what happens in that PI Oh Yeah Crazy has Chris in the interrogation room. He clears the room, he turns off the cameras. He's like, everybody, get out of here. I gotta deal with this interrogation myself. He then starts to beat the shit out of Chris as he's tied to a chair, throw him around the room, kick him in the head, step on his neck, the whole thing. Chris is trying to apologize. Meanwhile, Economists is out there and he finally puts Chris in the booking system. Bored Bordeaux sees it pop up and is like, what the fuck are you doing? And Econos is like very funny lines. He's like, well, I don't know share, I'm just trying to save people busy work.
Speaker 2: Also, it is the law, the law, It's the law.
Speaker 1: Flurry very surprisingly, and I love this turn for this character is like, good job, man, that's the right.
Speaker 2: Thing to do. Dude.
Speaker 3: I know, I love Flurry and Economists together so much.
Speaker 5: I'm like, we need this friendship to continue.
Speaker 1: Borgeau goes into the interrogation room where like interrupting Senior as he's like mid extinguishing Chris's life, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like very please police brutality situation, going on to tell.
Speaker 1: Him listen, so Chris has been booked, so you gotta stop killing him now. Meanwhile, Eaglely drops down to eat a rat that Saint Wilde has poisoned, but he's interrupted by ad and Vigilante going to like try to rescue Chris from Argus, and immediately after that, after they come out of the house, a fox shows up steals a rat. There's a chase. The fox eventually eats the rat and dies, and Eaglely is like, uh oh, somebody's trying to kill me. Saint Wild then decides that it's time for literally the big guns. It's like literally a huge gun. Then he takes out of like a case. Argus has to release Chris, which I didn't think. Listen, if you're willing to go this far now you have to release him because but fine, fine, yeah, It's like it's like, okay, so you have an illegal like toss boss X type situation.
Speaker 3: Also like if somebody gets book who has superpowers, you have to let I don't know about that, but sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I let it go.
Speaker 4: Let it go.
Speaker 1: Economists is helping Chris, who is really really in a bad way to adds cars. Judo Master watches from the nearby woods, and Judo Master follows them as they as they leave Bordeau, then talks to Senior about what's happening today. Crazy day at the office clearly, and Senior is like, listen, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to kill Chris.
Speaker 1: What No, this is about the dimensional rift.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, which we all.
Speaker 1: Know from seeing Superman is a really that's important. It's a big, big deal. Meanwhile, as this is occurring, Bordeaux flirting.
Speaker 2: With Senior death Ban Nutlee.
Speaker 3: She's liked no question, no, no, no, Like all I was thinking about was, you know, like the princess, like SENI is obviously his reputation precedes him, like he is obviously like his son.
Speaker 1: I love a man, Yes he is. He is a fan of the women folk. And meanwhile, at Bio doesn't believe Hardcourt, a fellow's eleventh streat kid, could have betrayed them and Chris, which Chris is telling her, Yeah, she she dimed me out. She like lured me to a trap. She'd warned me it was a trap, but I showed up anyway. Yeah yeah, And Chris is like, listen, I don't care what her reasons are. Whatever the reasons are, I am done with her. Left unspoken of course, is like I've got a better hard Court, Yes, exactly, forget this one. I've got the perfect one. So meanwhile, in the woods State, Wilde takes aim with his big He misses, but his second shot finds the mark and Eagerly or an eagle fall to the ground.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I'm very excited to talk more about Eagly which question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So meanwhile, Chris added Vigilante. They get back to the cabin, Chris Chris asks them to leave him alone because he's like, I need some privacy. Just leave me alone here at the cabin. He's limping very you know, very badly. He whistles for Eaglely as Judo Master watches from the woods, but is eagerly dead.
Speaker 2: No, it's a different eagle, different different eagle.
Speaker 1: Saint Wild goes to the corpse of the eagle, but then is attacked by one, two, three, four, five, twelve twenty eagles who are now surrounding him. As Eaglely the true prime Eagle, we just go the actual prime Eagle of legend then orders the eagles to like kill this guy, and they just tear him to mince back as he cries tears of regret forever having wronged the prime Prime.
Speaker 2: You know what, I love Michael Worcok.
Speaker 3: This man, he can do the craziest shit like this is such a funny Wild role. I would love to be a friend of a director like this, who's like, just come in and play like the craziest role possible.
Speaker 2: And I know you're gonna ea up.
Speaker 1: Chris Uh writes a goodbye letter to his friends, addressed mainly to Addebio, but it's of course to everybody. Meanwhile, Judah Master calls Fleury and is like, hey, I got him, Like he's here and he's alone. We should move in. Juda Master says uh, and but and Fleury like calls Juda Master Duncan Munchkins as his nickname, as he has nicknames for everybody, and Juda Master says, listen, if you call me that again, I will actually, in reality tear off your penis. So then Fleury's like, okay, sorry, Juda Master Uh and then hangs up, and as he like looks off after hanging off hanging up, looks across the office, he sees in a conference Senior and Bordeaux like it's like she's got her hand on his shoulder. She's kind of like rubbing the shoulder. Senior is like glow smiling at her like it's happening, and Fleury then interrupts them to tell them I have a location for the peacemaker eaglely brings one of Saint Wild's I thought it was a penis at first, and it's thank god, it's one of his fingers. He brings one of Saint Wild's fingers to Chris, and Chris is like, okay, he has no almost no reaction all. Chris texts ad goodbye, goes to the portal, goes inside, prepares the alien handbag basically to close it behind him. Eglia and Chris then step inside as Judo Master watch is mesmerized. And this is the first time I really noticed that this is clearly like the the speed force.
Speaker 3: Like the type of slash, similar kind of polly. Yeah, what do they call it, the cosmic treadmill or something, the cosmic Yes like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really good stuff.
Speaker 1: So Judah Master calls Flurry, but there's too much interference from the interdimensional portal, so he follows Chris inside the portal just as it closes. And now so Chris Eagerly and Judo Master are in this dimensional Grand Central Station and at a Bio and Vig arrived back at the cabin. But they realize that, you know, the portal's closed, and that Judah Master was there. They know, and they then leave the cabin, but before they go, at a bio finds a good bye letter and she's like, Okay, we got to get everybody together, includes Hardcourt, everybody, and we got to figure this out. Chris is in the Perfect Universe. He's taking a shower. He's like having fun and you know, he's just looking around like his room now. He's like, this was like a getaway before, but now it's real. This is his his life. This is his life now. And his brother, Captain Triumph comes in and is like, we've got to Kaiju call, we gotta go do this. What's up with the Eagle? And Chris is like, oh, this is just a you know, runaway eagle that I've found. His name's Eaglely just so good.
Speaker 2: I just feel like this season. I feel like season one A Piece Maker was good. I know people loved it.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was working out a lot of the kinks and also existing in a pre Superman James Gun universe world. I feel like this has really come in with a second season where just tonally, everything is so good that it's so funny, every joke is sharp. I love I know Fleury is a controversial character, but I just love tim Meadows, and I'm loving that. This feels like it's kind of setting up him to truly be an ally to Chris, which I think is what he always wanted, is to be an ally to economists and Chris, and.
Speaker 1: I like his turn. Yeah. At another location, Ad reads the letter to all of them, and basically Chris is telling them when he's he's going to the other dimension to be with that version of Harcourt and to be the best version of himself. He doesn't belong in this world. He's not having fun here does. He feels that it's not the right place for him, and in fact, the world is turned against him. He wants them, therefore, to take the he's left them the portal controls. He says, Hey, take this to Argus, turn it over to them so that you can all get your jobs back and get promoted and have success in your careers, which is clearly all you care about. Harcourt Vigilante is like fucking hard, crying, like ugly, he's so sad. At A Bio is like, okay, well we got to go and get him, and she's like, okay, I've seen how this thing is used. You like, line up these little pegs and it's like a board game. Harcourt says, well, we can't use it here in town. We have to go like to someplace remote because you know the energy you released. Yeah, yeah yeah. Meanwhile, we see post Kaiju battle. Chris with the remnants of the Kaiju like on his uniform, walks into Argus. Harcourt is there. She sees him, her face lights up, she embraces him, and we go to the credits.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: That is the end. That is the end of this episode. Let's take a quick break, after which we will bring in Super Preducer and we will talk about this and we're back. Welcome you into the programming in how are you?
Speaker 4: Another great episode this season is it's been very far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Very consistent. Yeah, very consistent in tone and in pace.
Speaker 2: And in everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell us your what's your your thoughts on this episode?
Speaker 4: So overall I liked the episode. This definitely felt more of like a set up episode for you know, the three final episodes. And you guys touch on some points that I had written in my notes as well. So I think to the point that you guys are making about Vigilanti and out of Bio, I do think this is setting them up to have a major role in these finals, and that in the alternate dimension. You know, they're clearly going to follow Chris into this alternate dimension. So that's gonna be an issue when Out of Bio walks into this white supremacist, racist world. So I think that could be the impetus for you know, Chris realizing, oh, this is fucked up. I need to save my friend or something like that. You know that he's going to have this kind of reckoning or realization moment that this place isn't as great as I thought it was. Out of Bio is my best friend. I got to protect her. I gotta save her. So I think that something is going to happen with that.
Speaker 1: I think what's gonna happen is Flurry is going to die in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that, Like he's gotta go. They can't keep him medals for too long. He's too powerful.
Speaker 4: Also, like Judo Master probably gonna get.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get sucked up.
Speaker 3: But I also think that season one they were trying to trying to play on the a little bit on like the racist origins of Judo Master. They've had him always kind of come back and always actually like kind of survive whatever everyone's trying. He got shot, Yeah, so I'm fingers crossed he's not gonna die, but I do think he's gonna get fucked up extensively. I also think this will potentially finally be the moment that Judo Master becomes part of the Eleventh Street Kids, that is, if.
Speaker 2: That is something.
Speaker 3: I also think that if you remember, like in the first season, Vigilante has like some really famous moments where he's just like roasting.
Speaker 2: The Klan, roasting the Nazis.
Speaker 3: Like, I think that him and Ads going in there together is gonna make a lot of sense. Also, Vigilante's power is like he sucks at everything, but he's like the best like one percent.
Speaker 2: Of killing people.
Speaker 3: So I'm assuming we'll get some kind of crazy like twenty minute kind of like violent death sequence. Fingers crossed are the big Okay, let's talk about Sasha, because this was something where it's like, didn't want to bring it up in case they didn't deliver on it. But she is a cyborg, and I also think this is really interesting because she if they follow the comics with her, she's Greg Rucker and Sean Martin broke Creation and she was basically in their detective comics run in like the early two thousands. Two thousand, No, yeah, I think it was actually the end of two thousand. Anna basically like Lucia's Fox hires her to be security for Wayne Enterprises, but she keeps realizing that something dodges going on with Bruce Wayne and becomes like an unexpected antagonist. So she's kind of like super smart. She knows everything that's going down. James Gunn has said that she may work with Batman in this universe, which makes sense because we haven't really gotten We don't know what the Batman is going to be. We don't know what the Lucius Fox situation here is gonna be. But yeah, very very interesting here. Also we know that James's brother Sean is playing Maxwell Lord.
Speaker 2: She has connections to.
Speaker 3: Him, but generally just a unexpected another classic deep kind of deep dive situation because she has also like got connections to the League.
Speaker 2: Of Shadows like she is.
Speaker 3: There's like potential with Blue Beetle, but that depends if what version of Max my Lord we're getting. So yeah, I think it's I think this is really interesting and I would like to see the.
Speaker 2: Version that, like the original version of.
Speaker 3: Her, the cyborg is like super cool stylized kind of different look of almost a Tetsuo Iron Man, kind of like you know, like bit wires coming out of her arms and stuff. So yeah, I would I would like to. I would like to see where that's gonna go. And I feel like, as we've seen how ingrained the Peacemaker world is in the Superman world, I don't think any of this stuff is like MCU style, not going to pay off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, so see her with these choices for sure.
Speaker 3: Do you think we'll see how Cyborg out in the last three episodes or do you think they'll save it.
Speaker 4: I think we're gonna see a little bit more of it, because you know, I think they were very intentional in waiting until this episode to show us that she is a cyborg. So I think she's gonna use her powers or abilities in some capacity I think in these final three episodes.
Speaker 3: Okay, I also have another question for you guys. So we know that Peacemaker in the Perfect World didn't have an Eaglely, right, but we are also dealing with the fact that the Eaglely this season is like super powered up compared to the Eaglely last season, and everyone's kind of like, well, why wouldn't it Eagerly helped out when in the first episode, piece Maker has Eagerly fly around the dimensional handbag kind of terminal, and then he calls him back and Eagerly follows him out.
Speaker 2: Is it an Eagerly from a different dimension?
Speaker 1: Oh oh, because I think I'm gonna say, I'm I like the idea that it's not, and it could be like the primal Eagle is kind of an evolution.
Speaker 3: But I am also interested because we did see Eagerly leave the viewpoint Chris couldn't find him having come back, So I'm interested to see where that goes because this Eagerly is a big step up, but it's also just so much fun and they probably had a bigger budget.
Speaker 2: So I also wonder if it's not narrative.
Speaker 1: My feeling is that it's not another Egle because it's been it's kind of been established that, like at least your your cell phone wouldn't work, and it different dimension. So I'm not sure that your powers which tie you to the natural, like if your powers derived from a specific Earth, it doesn't track for me that then your powers would work on a different earth.
Speaker 2: I like that a lot. That's a very good like.
Speaker 3: I like the kind of natural logic in the way that we're thinking about the connecting tissue of what gives people powers.
Speaker 2: That is a really cool take.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ian craziest, give us your most expected theory of what happens in the next three and then your craziest theory of what happens in.
Speaker 4: The next I think my most expected is I think we're going to see Superman, but maybe instead of just like our normal Superman, maybe it's like an evil Nazi Superman. If he'd be interesting because like we haven't really seen any other heroes from this other universe and so.
Speaker 3: They did in just this style super exactly. I think that would be crazy.
Speaker 4: That's I've been thinking about it more, and I was like, yeah, just having like David corn Sweat show up at the end to like save everybody's kind of boring. We have this alternate universe, there's an opportunity to do something a little more fun there, So yeah, what if we get like an evil alt Superman in this other dimension or something. And then another theory that I was thinking about, going back to Vigilante several times throughout this season he's said like, Oh, I wonder if there's another me over there. I can't wait to meet another version of myself. So I was thinking, like, what if we see like an even more fucked up, like super evil version of Vigilante in this other dimension. Maybe him and our vig have to do get out, Maybe our Adrian dies. I don't know, because I think they're setting him up to have some big role. I think in these last episodes, because he hasn't done anything all season, maybe he has to sacrifice himself to save the rest of the team or something. Yeah, So I think that's another guess our theory I'm thrown out there.
Speaker 3: I think another thing that would be interesting with the is like if the vig In that they see in the other world is like incredibly efficient and like not a dumb cough, you know, Like it's like he's like kind of he seems normal, but he is that more deranged kind of thing. Jason, what would your biggest, like big swing theory be that you'd love to see them kind of try and pull off.
Speaker 1: I agree with the I agree with Ian that I think that they are we're going to see, we're going to understand when we meet that universus Superman why they are not. Actually, I'm going to go the other way because I think that it's too early for Evil Superman.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: Superman is not even a year in the theaters or like in the world and Mayaro Bugeon already, and I think it's too I think it muddies the water's too much to have a fully Homeland or Superman. And I think what we're going to discover, Remember, they're the top trio in there. Why because the other superheroes are either dead or they their powers suck, you know, not good enough.
Speaker 2: To be so funny to see like enough Superman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think it's going to be some version of that, Like we're going to find the whatever, the Justice Gang, the Justice League, the j l A, the whatever team in there in that universe. But we're also going to discover why it is Chris, his dad, and his brother who are the only mainline heroes because everybody else is either incompetent or have very power.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, like if that power is enough. Yeah, I really hope that they deliver on the promise of because I think, like Ian, you would definitely the first person I had to pose that everybody white theory, and I feel like it has really picked up on the Internet and multiple different outlets are reporting it. I think it's such a strong route for them to go, and once again shows James Gunn having depth when he utilizes a character like White Dragon that could be not thoughtfully done.
Speaker 2: I really my biggest swing I want them to do is I just want them to commit, and I want that.
Speaker 3: To be what is wrong with the world and I want to see how Ads and Peacemaker and Vig and everyone have to deal with that. But also I'm also interested where does Harcourt go? That's my feeling because she wants to go and save Chris.
Speaker 2: Right, So I wanted to talk about some feeling.
Speaker 3: So could you talk a little bit about im where you think Amelia Harcourt is going to go?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Because so that was one of the questions I was asking myself to watching this episode and reflecting on the season, like do we think she actually has romantic feelings for Chris? And I think it's pretty obvious yes, or at least she cares about him in some capacity. She's tried to save him, tries to help him throughout the season, you know, having a commost book him so he doesn't get disappeared, you know, taking him out before Bodou and Bordeaux can get the shot off, which actually we learn apparently Rick Flagg Senior like kind of was playing forty chaces, like, oh I knew she yeah, yeah, yeah. But I think the guilt she feels over Rick Flagg Junior's death is weighing so heavily on her that she won't allow herself to, you know, have these feelings for Chris, and I think she's kind of that's what she's been wrestling with this whole season because and clearly I think Rick Flagg Senior knows that it is playing into that guilt very heavily to manipulate her.
Speaker 2: So I think, yeah, I go for an.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think, you know, in making this decision to like, fuck it, let's go save Chris, you know, maybe she sees her alternate version of herself that is clearly much happier, less jaded, and like is in love with Chris, wants to be with him. Maybe that'll be like kind of an AHA moment for her. I don't know, it'd be interesting to see what happens there.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm going to pitch a different angle, which I do think she has feelings for Chris. I also think that they're doing actually a very good job this season of showing what it's like when someone is in like a self saboteur mode and they just want to fucking destroy their life because they're really unhappy and feel really bad. I think that's actually been done very interestingly. I also think that that part of the reason that she can't commit to Chris is like Chris just loves her and is nice and is not having an affair and is not treating her as if she's like a second option.
Speaker 4: Or it's too good.
Speaker 2: It's too good. She doesn't feel like she's worthy of it.
Speaker 3: But my second pitch that I think in the other world, I think, and maybe i'm you know, gen V pilled as we know I'm a big Gen B fan, But yes, there is a I did think there was some interesting if they were doing there about like trad wifs in Superman and super superheroic culture, and I would be interested to know if when she goes there, her first read Ian is like, oh, wow, they're happy here, but then we learn like everyone else. Maybe the reason she's being passionate about is because these are the three biggest super villains in the world and they're gonna fucking like kill you if you don't date their son. You know. I wonder if there's I wonder if our Hardcourt kind of sees her and it first looks at that and then realizes like, oh no.
Speaker 2: This is a bad situation.
Speaker 3: Because also we're going to get the three I'm guessing all three episodes are going to have to be in this other universe that.
Speaker 4: Fears I would imagine, So, yeah, it happens. Climax.
Speaker 2: Also, kid you check in that was definitely like a similar or the same from Superman. Right, yeah, so again, use some of those assets, reused some of those assets. Very clever. Also, what does this mean?
Speaker 3: I want? I think something I would love by the end of this season is to know what these dimensional rifts and multi verses mean to James Gunn's DC universe, because currently it makes sense to continue it from Superman, but we need to know what the impact is and how many worlds are there and why does it I mean, we know there's ninety nine doors in this place, but I just I would love to have a little bit of closure, but not closing a door on a story. Closure of this is how it's going to impact what we have going forward.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about the Rick flag Bordeaux situation. So I think we're heading towards a place where Hardcourt and Bordeaux are gonna fight. Oh yeah, I think we're heading towards a place where Rick Flagg is going to have to decide whether his statement that you're always going to be part of the family is actually going to hold because I think Bordeaux is gonna maybe have an opportunity to snuff out Harcore. But where do we think we're going with that? And I also love I just love that that they're continuing as you know, yeah Rick, I love that when they were continuing that theme from Rick.
Speaker 2: Also, Okay, what about this? This is I would say this is a very specific to this being in peace make a world. But Senior and Hawkour, I mean, it wouldn't be the craziest thing. I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: I think he's to happen, but I think he's probably considered it.
Speaker 1: Well, here's I think Rick Senior. I don't think he would. I think he's considerate clearly. I think he's like Consuys and obviously he's devastated that his son is gone, but he's also thinking who's keeping her warman, you know, like she must act and I'm here and so together.
Speaker 6: That is actually such a crazy that would be so funny if that was the end game of this season and like that's the two people that end together and Chris is just stuck, like still not.
Speaker 4: But where do where do.
Speaker 1: We leave Rick Flag at the end of this season?
Speaker 3: I think he's an ally by the end. I think he's on the side of the Eleventh Street kids.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we.
Speaker 3: Deal with the fact that the way Chris killed Rick Flagg Junior is like it's so brutal, it's so heartbreaking, it's horrible because Rick was finally going to do the right thing, Like I think it's going to be hot.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like, do you remember when I know the answer this is going to be yes?
Speaker 3: When famous British martial artists Jason Statham joined the Fantastic, The Fast and Furious franchise and killed Han right, and then you had to bring back Hahn because everyone was like, well, I will never like this.
Speaker 2: Jason Statham character.
Speaker 3: Sure if Han is not actually alive and it was all faked out. So I think we're in an interesting situation there where obviously Rick Flagg Junior is not still alive. He is dead, But we're gonna have to get to a place where Senior has forgiven that and moved on and kind of they have to just get over it, because that's the nature of the job, I think, is where we're gonna have to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think ultimately all of our characters that are in play are going to end up in this alternate dimension. I think there's gonna be an initial scuffle or fight or something, but I think eventually they're all going to have to work together to get out of there, to get back home. And I think in doing that or through that process, maybe Chris and Senior will come to some understanding, because you know, the whole time where Rick Flagg was beating the shit out of him, Chris didn't fight back. He was apologizing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knew I respected.
Speaker 4: Your son, sir, like you know, I'm sorry, I was just following orders. Your son was a hero, he was a better man than me. All this stuff. So maybe you know, Chris Will might be able to win him over or earn ray Flagg's respect in some regard or in some way throughout the rest of these last three episodes.
Speaker 3: Classic he could save Senia's life and then Senia is like, well, I can't kill you now, Like I don't like it, but you saved my life, so I'm not you know, we're equal, we're.
Speaker 4: Even, yeah, or we're even.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, I want to see these lost three episodes so badly. It's gonna have.
Speaker 1: One thing. Obviously, I'm loving the will they won't they with Chris and Harcourt. I think it's such an important driver to the show, and I'm left almost feeling like, I mean, it's a classic problem in TV writing, like, yeah, you want to extend this as long as possible because once they do get together energy and it's the Pam and Jim problem right now.
Speaker 2: You have to do that.
Speaker 1: You have to introduce problems into the relationship. And if you do that now you're gonna split the audience.
Speaker 3: There's sports betting app don't bring it in. Yeah, there's gotta be there's gotta be something. So my question Hardcourt and Chris do they get together at the end of this season?
Speaker 1: End if they do just one of them and it has to be hardcore, do we find a way to break them up after they get together, by either death or something else trapping her in the other age.
Speaker 3: I feel like she's a big part of the the world.
Speaker 2: I feel like James Gunn is gonna want to keep her.
Speaker 3: We could always see a Hardcourt switcheroo where the messed up self Sabato Hardcourt ends up stet in the universe and the other Hardcore comes out. Could give her a different kind of vibe, a different performance to play into into season three. But Jason, I think you're right. I don't think that they can have Chris. I don't think they can just have Chris and Emilia be happy and that not completely changed the tone of the show, because also what would that look like?
Speaker 2: They'll have to say. James Gunn is a pretty deep person.
Speaker 3: He has also like been through recovery and stuff like that I believe in like and all that kind of stuff. So maybe he has a really insightful, thoughtful third season where a subplot is about how two people who are really fucked up try and be in a healthy relationship.
Speaker 2: That could be interesting.
Speaker 4: I could see that for sure, but yeah, I'm intrigued. I don't think he's going to fire his wife though, it's like.
Speaker 2: She's exactly.
Speaker 1: Well no, but she'll be in the show, but they just will figure Yeah. So I'm also left feeling like this when they close that portal, somebody's got to get trapped. Somebody's got to be the person who's like, get out of here.
Speaker 4: I'm yes, yeah, I think think Vigilante is my top choice.
Speaker 1: We need a we do need a death, Okay, Vigilante, Rosie, who do you think?
Speaker 3: I think this show, originally in season one, started with an in character and a protagonist in Ads, and I do think there is a chance that after everything, Ads could be like the hero. And then season three is you have to get Ads back from this crazy world, especially if it's the world that we know. But I think Vigilante. I feel like that could be a great character arc for her. But I feel like Vigilante or Judo Master or Flurry are all interesting options.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be eagerly.
Speaker 3: Oh man. But you know what, that's actually a great point, Jason, because that could be why they've made him so ope, because if you know he's gonna die at the end or sacrifice himself, and also that would lead into an incredible reunion if some how he managed to get back for season three.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't wait to see how this ends. I think we all feel the same way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a season?
Speaker 1: What a season. On the next episode of X ray Vision, we're diving.
Speaker 2: Into stuff, stuff stuff.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening, Bye bye. X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Concepcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 3: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abusa part.
Speaker 2: Our producers are Common, Laurent Dean Jonathan and Fay Wack.
Speaker 1: Our theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi our discord moderator.