Speaker 1: I guess who just got back today.
Speaker 2: The Brooklyn Moons that had been away.
Speaker 1: They both have so much to see.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Their name is a Brodian Skier and the Boys.
Speaker 4: Efterisode two seventy three, it's the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 1: I think I think we play that song more than our normal theme. Oh what are you trying to say? We take a lot of vacation.
Speaker 4: I think you take a lot of vacations. You in that morning show. You guys are always on me.
Speaker 1: I feel like a listener. You guys are always on vacation, always on vacation.
Speaker 4: I guess what I got news for you. I'll just give you the preview right now. We'll be on vacation in less than another month.
Speaker 1: What week is this you're taking off?
Speaker 5: That's it's Thanksgiving week. Week of Thanksgiving. We're away and I won't be here. I'll be out of town. Otherwise I would have been like, you know, years we never got the week off. You know what I think it is?
Speaker 4: You guys all see how I'm relaxing this year, and how calm I am, and how how good I feel. So now the whole show is following my lead and trying to like semi step back from the show like I did.
Speaker 5: No, when you reach a certain plateau twenty eight years doing this twenty eight years, you have to take a certain amount of time with the union.
Speaker 1: The union gives you certain amount of weeks, and you got to use those ways. Yeah, I'm all about unions. I know.
Speaker 4: It's just it's what we got in teen weeks, all right, twenty teen weeks.
Speaker 1: I can't you know.
Speaker 4: A buddy of mine said the same thing. He's like, I can't believe that you guys like always off and I look at it. I'm like, dude, I love you, brother, but you know, get a better job. I don't know, get a job.
Speaker 5: That that that pays you a lot of money, and you know you get to take your take a lot of vacation time, or get a job with a lot of vacation. I know you you're gritting your teeth. But but the I mean, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're in can't just tell people to get a better just that way. You can't just go I'm gonna go over there and go I'm gonna get a job with twelve weeks vacation. No, but you negotiate that stuff, right, negotiate when you get when you negotiate, yes, even when you're not in the union. When you get a job, a job, you sign a lot of job, you sign a contract.
Speaker 5: Right, a lot of jobs you sign a contract. I'm not being a douche. This is her life of a friend. This is a life you're a friend.
Speaker 4: We have a friend who used to work with us at this station a long time ago, and she has a job with a European company, works for a European company, and because of the country she works for, they take off the entire summer and and and and all of December. Yeah, so she gets off I think June, July, August, and December not uncommon, brody, because the country doesn't believe in working certain times of the year something like that.
Speaker 1: So she has even more vacation than than you do.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is, if you're getting as much, you get a gig, right, whatever that is at the time of you sitting down, and obviously you give it a salary right then and there you're like, look right, and by the way, I want I want you know, salary bonuses, and you negotiate weeks off for your site and right, and then everything the laughter stops quickly and the job offer is still on the table.
Speaker 4: Well, or if they can't give you the money you want, right, let's say you want I'm just just gonna throw this out there. Let's say you want hundred thousand dollars, but they say we can only pay you. We could pay you eighty thousand. Right, then you tell them i'd like any Right, that's the negotiable part. You say, you know, okay, that's great, I'll take the eighty, but can I also get an extra two weeks of vacation? And right, maybe maybe pay for my parking. There's other things. There's things you could throw in, a free laptop. I don't know, but but it's all about it's all about negotiation. So you know you have to you know, you have to open your mouth. You got to say it now. They may shoot you down for that, and then and then you may be like, you know, this is the job for me. They may have security drag you out of the building for that. And I know, beggars can't be choosing a lot of people like you're scary. You don't even know how it is out there. And I know a lot of people saying that right now. But scary you and I had real jobs, I mean, like real hard working jobs back in the day. Well not like hard hardworking, but we worked. I know what it was like to have two weeks vacation or like a week and a half. Yeah, some people don't get any vacation. I started here, I got What did I do, Brody?
Speaker 1: I worked.
Speaker 4: I used to work the overnight shift from midnight to six am on the air, and then do the morning show, picking up girls on AOL on the request line two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's right. That was before then the event of before the route three at the TikTok done.
Speaker 4: Before the event of the Internet. And I would be like, hey, let's go, you know whatever. Anyway, so and then and then I go home on eleven and noon, and then that's a twelve hour day right there. How do you swipe right on our quest line?
Speaker 1: What do you? What do you shut up? Dick?
Speaker 4: You met you met back at This is how it long, Cary, he's been in radio. He used to meet girls. We're not even seeing what they look like. You couldn't even look up their profile or their Instagram.
Speaker 5: Or they would send the picture too on their flip phone, which is like grainy and like, dude.
Speaker 4: Dude, when you started in radio, you're talking about three picturels. Mid nineties, there were no flip phones even then, no photographs.
Speaker 5: Well there was, there was America Online, right, so it'd be like, hey, what's your profile?
Speaker 1: You know, right right, yeah, yeah, yeah, but even that, the pictures.
Speaker 4: There sucked some and really see, you know, send send email me a picture of yourself.
Speaker 1: I hoped it was them.
Speaker 5: I mean one time, one time, I oh, I got off the air. It was like six in the morning on a d a Friday night. It's a Saturday. That's the other day I didn't have. I didn't have weekends.
Speaker 1: Off was Saturday. I used to work weekends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I would work one day to Friday and then Friday night shift. I would have no life.
Speaker 4: And then you know, usually get the drunk people calling it too in the morning, you know, make song requests or whatever.
Speaker 1: I want to hear cherry.
Speaker 5: Or you get the woo ho girls where where you're on speakerphone in the car and go whoa, and then you know you just start like talking to them, chatting them up, and then like you know, you take it private, and.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Scary Jones, why are you so scary? Can I find it out? And you're like, it's scary, I never mind. And then you say, hey, I'll beat you in a diner. We'll go to the Golden Unicorn and Staten Island, you know, I'll meet you there. Does that don't even exist anymore? Of the Golden Unicorn, I don't know. Golden Dove is like the name of a cheap hourly hotel, the Golden Dove, whatever it is anyway, so yeah, but yeah, let's go.
Speaker 5: And then you meet him at like six six thirty in the morning when I get off the air and on my way back to driving back to Brooklyn, and and then.
Speaker 4: It's like so romantic. Oh, life of a DJ. And then you're like, oh my god, what did I get myself into. That was back in the day when Scary wouldn't take vacations off because he would miss out a chance of getting girls on the request line. Now he's got Robin, he'd be like, I get to take off hang out, Robin. Oh, speaking of vacations, I want to get into your trip to Savannah.
Speaker 1: When do you want to talk about that? Savannah?
Speaker 4: No, how you are Savanna the most haunted city in America?
Speaker 1: What it's one of the most haunted cities in America. Okay, I'm gonna have to call bullshit. No it is.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 4: Well, when we'll come back, we'll hear about this bullshit. Now you're sucking into UFOs Haunting Houses.
Speaker 7: Podcast.
Speaker 4: So were they UFOs landing in Savannah near the haunted houses? We're not going there today, Brody. We're not talking about aliens in UFOs. Obviously, there's a clear segment of our audience that that that thinks that bullshit.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about UFOs.
Speaker 4: We're talking about something real serious now, haunted houses.
Speaker 1: Savannah's the what is it now? What you say it was the most haunted one?
Speaker 4: So you know, Salem, New Orleans, Charleston, A lot of these cities in America are ancient, they're old.
Speaker 1: And they're okay all yeah, all of them are old.
Speaker 4: Well, some of them are older than others. Right, Yes, In fact, do you know the oldest city in America? David Brody?
Speaker 1: But you know, but you know appearance, I would say Detroit.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just kidding. The oldest city in America. Well, I would have have to be. No, it wouldn't have to be any of the ones you're thinking of, because are you gonna say Savannah not even oldest in terms of America, oldest in terms of like the Native Americans will live in there, the oldest in terms of America in fact of the Columbus, it's not. It's not even it's not even in no now after that, it's not even in the Northeast. No, I imagine it's in the South because you just came back from Savannah with knowledge it has nothing to do with where I came back from either.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead, tell me the oldest city in America.
Speaker 5: Saint Augustine, Florida. All right, settled the good it would have forty fifty years before Jamestown was. Okay, the oldest city in America's I want to go visit there. And apparently it's haunted. So all these old cities are haunted.
Speaker 4: So savannahs Savannahs among them. They don't have anything else to talk about. Come on, now, you know why New York City is not haunted because we have Broadway and sports teams and tons and pizza. Oh, you have nothing to talk about in your town. There are things I don't know. Let's say it is a haunted tree.
Speaker 1: Everyone will come visit.
Speaker 4: No, there are hauntings in New York City. We hear about them all the time. No, those are called muggings. So there's a house, and I don't want to get the name wrong. I think it's called the Marshall over the Marshall Weed House. Hold on is it Marshall Weed martle smoke coming out of it? Yeah, exactly that one weed house. Uh, I'm sorry. The Sorel Weed House. S o oh, that one's much better than us are our e L Weed House. So the Sorel Weed House is a probably the most haunted house in Savannah, arguably.
Speaker 1: Compared to the other haunted house.
Speaker 4: Haunted houses they give you're not believing it, They give go one hundred percent in, I'm all in.
Speaker 1: You know me.
Speaker 5: They give ghost house tours. So we went there at night. We paid lot of money. Well, well, hold on, like a lot of money. Let me guess fifty Okay, we'll talk about that at the end. All right, whoa, whoa, whoa?
Speaker 4: You paid more than fifty dollars to go into a scam house? If not wasn't a scam see you think my house for forty I'll tell you it's haunted.
Speaker 1: Now listen to me. Here's here's my problem. Old man Higgins died. I knew it. I already knew this was coming this way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, see that crop circles, I know it. See Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna let you get it all out.
Speaker 1: Is there a rocking chair that a boy died in on? It was not that.
Speaker 4: Every once in a while, when the wind blows, the rocking chair moves, it's called wind.
Speaker 1: But all right, dad, it was okay.
Speaker 4: So the ghost tour is thirty dollars, but the after hours power.
Speaker 1: Normal investigation is seventy dollars. And you paid for that.
Speaker 4: Yes, So here's here's the thing. You paid one hundred dollars. Probably, I know you. You treated Robin right. So you paid two hundred dollars for a scamboni.
Speaker 1: Hit the jingle.
Speaker 4: It's not a scambeller. Oh you wanted to get the jingle right, Let.
Speaker 1: Me hear about it. Maybe it'll be maybe it'll be real.
Speaker 4: Now Brody thinks it's a Scamboniam.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's the ghosts. There's the ghosts at the end.
Speaker 5: So when you get there, you know, you've walked into a creepy place. There was a guy, uh.
Speaker 4: Shooting up heroin. No, there was a dude apparently who lived who owned the house, and uh uh, they take you. They take you into the men's quarters and then the ladies quarters.
Speaker 1: But when as your separate.
Speaker 4: Money as you're in the house, I mean obviously all the lights are out.
Speaker 1: Everything's like really dark, and him on purpose think for two hundred bucks they could afford electricity.
Speaker 4: They's setting the mood and they're telling you what goes on in each room of the house. And the woman the tour guide told us that the said, oh it in our in our last tour, people saw some activity over by the piano.
Speaker 1: They saw some things going on there.
Speaker 5: So apparently it's it's it's actually a reoccurring things.
Speaker 1: They see apparitions.
Speaker 4: I'm willing to bet that every tour group right before whatever you go, just saw something. Do you think so that's like when you go, well watching they go. I can't promise anything, but the last tour fit twenty minutes ago. We saw some mating whales. There was a feeding frenzy. You just keep your eyes open. We saw him a little while ago I know. I'm just telling you what the scam is. That's a well watching scam, the ghost scam.
Speaker 1: Oh, the last tour, how come that this tour?
Speaker 4: How come this door didn't say so? So we get to you know what they're gonna tell the tour after you the last tour saw a lot of activity. Well, they asked us if it was okay that we we go to the base.
Speaker 1: No hold on, they it was okay.
Speaker 4: We went to the basement and we kept the lights low, and of course we wanted to do that. So we get down there and apparently the guy who owned the house, his son was a was a self made surgeon, and he would do surgery in this one area of the basement. And they had like, you know, a recreating of the chopping of his block with all the surgical tools in the window. It was behind the window, and they showed you all these rusty tools and stuff, whether they were original sign that said if you'd steal the rusty tool, we charge you five hundred dollars like that steakhouse.
Speaker 8: You go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So they said that a lot of times these surgeries would go wrong. So what they did do this self taught surgeon, Well he they would.
Speaker 5: They would then take the bodies and they would put them in the mortuary right next door, like literally into in through the door. They showed us a doorway with a door and the door had there was like a little chain around the thing, like you can't get near the door and you can't get through it. Don't don't open this door, and it was like and there was a cinder block. And the lady said that on her first one of her first nights there, she was closing up and it was late at night.
Speaker 1: And the door was closed.
Speaker 4: It has real locks on it, like current locks the door to the mortuary, and the door flew open on her no, and she.
Speaker 1: Ran out screaming.
Speaker 4: She said that just about every morning they would come in and in the in the basement right there, and then the door of the mortuary was always wide open. This inexplicably so epic, but only since she started. So she said that they had to put a cinder block there and to block it from opening up. And there's a cinder block at the foot of the door so it can't open on its own. She also said, if you certainly, if you sit in this certain area of the basement, hm, you have to make sure that you keep all of your.
Speaker 5: Belongings against you, like on you like secure your belongings, because there are these ghosts that are earring thieves and they will steal they will pull out of your ear like steal.
Speaker 1: Your your your belongings, your earrings, your.
Speaker 4: Accessory, pickpocket theme, pickpocket ghosts. Yes, so let me ask you a question. The doors that fly open every night?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did the doors fly open so hard they knocked over the video camera set up on a tripod to film this happening?
Speaker 1: No, dude, google it.
Speaker 5: There's actually they put cameras on infrared or whatever for paranormal activity in the overnight.
Speaker 1: Well they're not there. And they showed the doors swinging open.
Speaker 4: With Google sorel wheat house doors flinging open and hold on, wait it gets better, brody, I'm not even I'm not even closer. It couldn't get worse, wouldn't fuck you?
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 5: There's a certain area that they that's it was like a long corridor and it was all it was really just red light.
Speaker 1: It was just a dim red light. And they say that if you.
Speaker 5: Want to try and connect with the spirit, there's a spirit of a shadow of a soldier that walks back and forth that people have seen.
Speaker 4: So you sit down in this wooden chair. Hold on, how much extra to walk down the hall?
Speaker 1: Thirty?
Speaker 4: No, it's free. You sit down. It's part of the tour. They're like, if you feel like you wanted to do it, just sit down in the chair. Now here's what they do.
Speaker 5: They do like a little ten minute story and then you get to wander around for about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: So just sit in the chair. Did you see the soldier? I sat in the chair. I didn't see the soldier.
Speaker 1: Isn't it funny?
Speaker 4: It's a soldier, not like a plumber or like a well, was a soldier whatever.
Speaker 5: Anyway, they say the soldier, they say sometimes people connect with that spirit.
Speaker 1: The other thing, they said that again, Brodie.
Speaker 4: I'm trying trying to keep a straight face because I know Brody is like legitmate, Like, you fucking idiot, you believe you.
Speaker 1: Fell for this. I believe in the paranormal activity.
Speaker 5: There's also a situation where the woman, the mistress of the house, apparently she was she was being cheated on by the guy who owned the house with one of the slaves from the outhouse. So when you go to the when you go to the outhouse, slave lived in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: What's the house.
Speaker 4: Beyond the house, the carriage house, okay, or the slave house?
Speaker 1: The slave house. We went in plantation, is what you're telling me.
Speaker 5: We went into the carriage house up to the top of the stairs in the attic, and that's where apparently the slaves were put. They say that if you go in, if you go then and now the owner of the.
Speaker 4: House was so upset because his wife, you're laughing, the wife jumped off the roof because she found out that he was cheating with a slave.
Speaker 5: So he murdered the slave in the slave carriage house room. You're like, not about this.
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 4: You go into the room and you close the door behind you, and there's been the sound like let me out, help me, help me, And that apparently is the slave. You can hear her in that room. That's what they're saying. Who are we to deny this? Who would you say that this never happened. It's the most hill haunted house its event anyway, you don't believe it, we'll just move on.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: I don't hear anything?
Speaker 4: You're you're a Dick, what are you pulling up sound effects of paranormal activity? This one couple took it so seriously. They had they had one of those meters, one of those things where you detect will you detect a parking meter? No, they were in this paranormal activity meter where they were like looking around there, walking around the house looking for something, listening for something, detecting waves.
Speaker 1: Ohay, sound like that. You don't believe me.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you what happened to Kathleen, my girl, Kathleen. This is okay, my my buddy's wife. All right, He said, he find how cheating was a slave though.
Speaker 1: There was a certain.
Speaker 5: Area of the basement that when you walk in you feel claustrophobic, you feel like there's a problem or your close it. So she something happened with her iPhone watch where the things started fucking flipping out when she went into this room and her heart started racing, and then when she left she was good again. And then she went back in and her heart her heart started racing again. So there's something too energy in a room that could be paranormal activity.
Speaker 4: Ay, Brodie, I know there are slices that are listening that are with me on this that believe in ghosts paranormal activity, Maybe they've experienced some themselves. I'm just saying, listen, I'm just saying this house is a scam. I'm not saying that Slices shouldn't believe what they believe.
Speaker 1: How do you know?
Speaker 4: You haven't been there? Okay, would can this some things? You just know that's one of those things. I'm just saying, I think they suck at you. I don't think modern science is swooping down and making this like a government facility where they're investigating paranormal activity. It's a couple of people having a fucking museum this day. They getting people to come in and just say, oh, we'll make it a scary house.
Speaker 5: So you're saying that they made up all the stories of the house.
Speaker 1: You're saying that they're just scare bony. That's what it is. It's a scare bony.
Speaker 5: You don't think that these you don't think that the stories were true.
Speaker 4: By the way, tweet us tweet us a hashtag scarebone who tweets anybody you got ripped off? Well to ax us. Nobody nobody tweets or axes that check Twitter. That platform is dead. Nobody's on there anymore. Nobody sends me any messages on Twitter anyway or anyway. Go ahead, But that said, that's said. I'm not calling it that. You could say what you want ex Twitter, whatever you the hell you want to call it. My point is, you know, at least leave us a talk back about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole time you got scare bony, No, the.
Speaker 5: Time that you actually encountered an apparition, a weird a weird happening, paranormal activity, or the gunment that goes took one hundred dollars out of your pocket at the door, stole your earrings.
Speaker 1: Still her.
Speaker 4: Why, I will just imagine you and your friends with their wives holding their ears like, well, I hope no one steals my hearing.
Speaker 1: Brodie, I tried, you tried.
Speaker 5: You don't believe, Okay, listen, some of us believe in these things, others don't. I tend to believe in that haunted houses are real, that things can happen, voices, feelings.
Speaker 4: It could just be a premonition, something that you just an uncomfortable feeling that comes over you. It could be something when I.
Speaker 1: Listen to a story about ghost house I get that on you.
Speaker 5: You just think that they just have to get your money. It's a whole dog and pony show. It's like a carnival, like.
Speaker 1: A circus, and pay for a dog and pony show.
Speaker 4: What I won't pay for is is a ghost and uh spirit of a soldier walking down a hallway with a red light.
Speaker 1: Listen, we didn't that's.
Speaker 4: Although we didn't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: I bet you.
Speaker 5: I bet you would never ever agree to be left there at three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: And that's cellar by yourself. Oh shored.
Speaker 4: No way, dude, no way, all right, fine google it everyone, sore L s O r e l weed House Savannah. So, speaking of Scamboni's the latest one. I don't know if I talked about this last week. Forgive me if I didn't. It's a segue to something else. Uh, I'm talking about a Facebook marketplace again. The new thing now is they text you and they go, oh, I want to buy it? Can I come now? And they go call me and it's they're all two six zero area codes for some reason, right.
Speaker 1: And it's a scambo You can't reply.
Speaker 4: You can't reply to them like I know you're a scam or go away because they immediately like block you from responding because they expect you to call. I don't know what they do when you call, but that's the new scam. They go, oh, what condition is it in? But they asked some generic question but the answer is all that so anyway, unrelated to that, So let you know there's that scam going on.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Oh, okay, so.
Speaker 4: I'm selling something on Facebook as you can imagine.
Speaker 1: And it's yeah, and it's a it's a it's a thing from my house.
Speaker 4: Anyway, this woman, I'm telling you her, I don't know if she's real, if the scam, I don't know. It's important to the conversation, so letting you know. Her profile picture is that of an Asian woman, and her name is the name of an actress, but reversed like the last names first the first name's last. Okay, so I googled it and see if like she's a known scammer. Anyway, she wrote, I'm interested in the item. I can pick up on Sunday, but I have no exact time as of now.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now that's that's a relative well written English sentence. That I'm assuming is a copy and paste, except she said the item right, well, yeah, right, Then she wrote back, I didn't answer her right away, and she wrote back mister David, which already is a red flag to me, because it's you know, mister Brody, I have some questions about the item she mentioned.
Speaker 1: What it is? Here?
Speaker 4: She says, are the legs removable? Now it says in the in the post that the legs are removable? She says, is the table can be fit in the car? Oh boy, okay, So I say, now again, I'm not criticizing her grammar here, but I said it says the legs come off in the description. I have no idea how big your car is. How would I know if it's going to fit in her car? I don't know what kind of car she has. And more importantly, ian she tells me what kind of car she has, don't.
Speaker 1: Know how big it is.
Speaker 4: She writes back, I have an SUV Rev four. So I said, the measurements are in the description. You need to measure your car. It's your car. I have no idea what size your car is, so she writes, Now you follow me so far?
Speaker 1: So far? Got a fucking way of.
Speaker 4: Knowing if this thing is gonna fit in her car. He unders tell us what kind of car it is. I'm like, oh, of course, the Ref four has eighty two inches clearance.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's not my job to google it. She writes, Hi, I am sorry.
Speaker 4: The messenger has no camera, so I am unable to see where you are if you put the thing on Facebook for selling. So mentally prepared for the message, I am so sorry if you feel bad. I am interested to buy the item. I can pick up on Sunday, but I have no exact time as of now. So so I go, Okay, so I said, let me know what time is good for you, and again I'm just David.
Speaker 1: Have to call me, mister David.
Speaker 4: She writes back, no, mister David, So I go, I don't understand what you're saying about the messenger has no camera. I don't know what you're saying. I want to understand what you're saying. Sounds like AI's gone wrong. So she writes back, please DNT, which I assumes don't apply your sensitive brain me, David, I have a sensitive brain. Okay, So I say, I don't know why you're being rude I'm just trying to understand you as your English is not making sense to me. If I don't understand what you say. And I say I don't understand what you say, that's not me being rude. Your translations into English are not making complete sentences. And I want to understand you so I can help you, because you know, I don't know what she's saying.
Speaker 1: So let me let me hold on on my phone. Just somebody just definitely a scam. I don't know. Let me go, let me go back to it. Hold on, let me go back to the message, because it's just the window closed. Yeah, it's too good not to go. Hold on, hold on, I don't hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 4: So she wrote back, I thought the same, why you unnecessary talking? You started rude? Look at you you throw it? Look at you throw it, and then show up, mister David.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Then she wrote I said, I wasn't trying to be rude, and I don't know what you mean by throw it. That doesn't mean anything. If you're using a translator, it's not try. I don't understand you. So she wrote back, please block me. I am no dandy bratt. This I go one word. I googled it. There's no such thing as a dandy bratt. I said, I don't know what. I'm not being rude. I don't know what dandy bratt is. She wrote back, you dandy bratt. So that's how that conversation went. Okay, And so I said, okay, thank you. I guess you're not interested anymore.
Speaker 1: Huh. And that was it.
Speaker 4: She know dandy bratt. So again the pitfalls of selling on Facebook. She no dandy bratt. I can't argue with that. I never called her a dandy bratt. So, Broty, I've been away for like a week. I haven't seen you. What week and a half? Where have you been? Where have you been going? I get him a Facebook market place. No, enough of this, enough of this. This is unhealthy. You're developing a very unhealthy habit. I'll tell I did go out. I did go out, because all you do.
Speaker 1: Is you sell shit on and you stay home. I feel bad for you. I did something I haven't done in many, many years. What's that? I was meeting a friend for for.
Speaker 4: Uh, for lunch in Manhattan and you paid for them. No, and normally, normally it's not about the lunch. Normally, I drive in. You know me, I'm a big drive into the city guy. I always find a parking space where I pay for parking. Well, this particular location, when my friend wanted to have lunch, it was forty eight dollars to park, which I'm not doing.
Speaker 1: Forty must have been yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So my wife says, you know, I don't want to pay sixty bucks with the tolls in the parking. Why don't you take the train in? Take NJ Transit goes right, goes right to Secaucus. Now you're not from the area. All the trains in New Jersey all go to secaucas which is not far from where the Jets and Giants play football. It's not far outside of Manhattan. All the trains go there and then you can either transfer or whatever to anything you want other train systems and Amtrak whatever I don't know, but maybe not Amtrak, but you can. All the trains from secaucas all of them go into Manhattan. So a lot of people just go right to Selcaucas. You park in the lot, and then you have like eight trains all going in toto Manhattan. You go to Penn Station, which is the big train station, and then from there you take a subway wherever you want to go.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, all right, you know what the train's like, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, ten bucks, twelve bucks, whatever it is. And parking in New Jersey, by the particular parking lot I went to is five dollars for the for the train stations in the neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: And you take the.
Speaker 4: Train, it's like a half hour to seacaucas you go to Manhattan. Okay, great, So you know I don't get up early in the morning, but I gotta get to the train at I think it was eleven o four something like that.
Speaker 1: Eleven let's say eleven o five.
Speaker 4: So I get to the parking lot, I get there like twenty to eleven, and I get a spot. I get one of the last spots because you know, everyone is going to work has already parked there. And I get there nice and early, and I text my wife I made it to the train, because she takes the train in every day to work. And you know, she was talking me through the process. She's like, you should go to this day. So I go to the station. Well we'll call it Smith Street station. It's not, but for the sake of the conversation, I went to Smith Street station. Okay, and I'm twenty minutes early and I have to take the train east to Manhattan because New Jersey as well. Okay, So they make an announcement we have some track delays.
Speaker 1: So the uh, the.
Speaker 4: Westbound train coming from Manhattan will now be on the eastbound track.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So the train comes on the track on the you know, the platform I'm waiting on, and it goes the other direction, and the guys are like, yeah, all the trains are coming on this track.
Speaker 1: We have a track problem. Okay. Great.
Speaker 4: So it's eleven oh one eleven oh two, and I'm looking according to the train schedule, i will get into the city in just enough time to get on the subway to make my lunch with my person. It's eleven oh five, eleven ten, eleven fifteen, eleven twenty. There's no train, no announcement, no nothing. So the woman next to me says to a friend, I just looked in the NJ Transit app there's no longer a train coming at eleven oh five.
Speaker 1: The train has just disappeared. It's canceled, it's done.
Speaker 4: No train Okay, So I'm like, fuck, my wife told me this was easy so now I gotta jump.
Speaker 1: Back in my car.
Speaker 4: I've already paid five dollars for parking. I gotta jump in my car and drive to Secaucus. Twenty five minutes to get to secaucas And when I get there, there's a giant parking lot. Giant parking lot. It's thirty dollars to pay for parking. Scary thirty. I already paid five. Now I gotta pay thirty. So I go to the entrance, which is right by the entrance to the train station. And you know, I have a handicapped parking pass because I have I have a bad knee at the moment, I tell you know.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I have the the things worry about it.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, oh, all these of a bad attitude, that's correct. So all these parking spaces are empty. But there's a sign that says parking lot entrance is full, is closed. Rather please go around to the other entrance.
Speaker 1: So I go. I go all the way to the end.
Speaker 4: Now around on the outside, round the outside, round the outside, I go round around. I go to the back corner and the sign there says entrance closed. Please use the parking lot across the street.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Now I have to go across the street, which is like a quarter mile away from the.
Speaker 1: Entrance to the train station. So I pull in.
Speaker 4: I pay thirty dollars. I'm trying to save money here. I pay an additional down, paid thirty five dollars. I could have driven into the city for forty eight. I've now paid thirty five. So I go into the lot. I get the handicapped spot in that lot, which is the front of the lot.
Speaker 1: Big deal.
Speaker 4: I have to cross the street walk the entire length of the other parking lot, which is like a football field, no joke. Yes, And I'm starting to get uncomfortable. My back's hurt and my ankle's hurt. Everything that's wrong with me is hurting. I'm getting tired. So I get to the where the the exit is, right where I wanted a park and there's a guy sitting in the booth. I go, excuse me, Uh, why is the entrance closed? You have like twelve handicapped parking spaces open. I have a handicapped parking pass and he says, I don't know. I go, well, I could have parked there. Why why didn't you double park? Why don't you park and come.
Speaker 1: In and get me. I go.
Speaker 4: It's a one lane road. If I stop, no one can pass me. I go, And I didn't see you. You weren't in the booth. I said, look, I just walked the whole parklight, walked the whole thing. The ohl blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: And he goes. He looks at me, goes, hey, what are you gonna do? My life is like life sucks. I go, what do you mean? What am I gonna do? He doesn't give a fuck. I go here. He goes, sorry, man, parking lots closed. I go.
Speaker 4: You could have put up a sign parking lots closed except for handicap parking.
Speaker 1: No, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: So I go, and I get in the city and I just make it in time, all the trains lined up.
Speaker 1: I make it.
Speaker 4: But now I'm out thirty. I'm out thirty dollars plus the toll on the turnpike. Of course, yes whatever. So now I'm like in the hole.
Speaker 5: You're almost even for what the forty eight dollars you could play, you see, because you know what I would have done.
Speaker 1: I would have paid the forty eight and I would have just been, you.
Speaker 4: Know, not have as a high stress level as you right, So all I got would have the anxiety right now.
Speaker 1: All I could tell you know, I can tell my wife. I was right.
Speaker 4: Fuck New Jersey Transit. So I so I called New Jersey Transit yesterday, careful, Hello.
Speaker 1: Are my friends who J Transit? Are my friends?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 1: Good? I may need some connections.
Speaker 4: I call up and I tell them the story and I say, you know what, I would like you to refund my thirty dollars. And she was she was like that, like that, she was had some of her teeth like no, no, like that was the attitude. NJ Transit doesn't do refunds. I said, whoa wait a minute, I'm telling you it's your fault. The train disappeared and I had to go pay thirty dollars for parking.
Speaker 1: She just, yeah, we don't. NJ Transit doesn't give refunds. Come on, I I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Just refund my tic it or credit me a free ticket because I spent a lot of money. It's your fault, it's not my fault. Oh yeah, we don't give refunds. Just I'll put I'll put an acclaim. I'll put in acclaim. I go, okay, how will I know if the claim is answered? Just we'll email you. And what if I don't get an email, just, well, then you're out of luck. So I got what are you gonna do? And you're out of luck? That was my day on today's Friday, Wednesday, my Wednesday. So guess what next time, I'm paying forty eight dollars to park plus talls sixty dollars fuck it for the aggravation to take in the train. I'll go give money to a parking garage. At least I know it's gonna be there.
Speaker 1: The Brickman Boys podcast, We will be right back.
Speaker 4: So much pent up anger, David Brody. I thought I was gonna get free dessert.
Speaker 1: I got.
Speaker 4: I got shit is what I got from NJ Transit done. I'm not done with them yet. I'll hit him up on social media. Hey, is it wrong that I have a crush on the Live here Rodrigo. Yeah, she's twelve. No, no, no, she's twenty. I compare it to you, you know, relatively speaking me out earlier, actually several episodes ago.
Speaker 1: I know we were coming down on she's a pretty young woman, but like.
Speaker 4: No, hold on, hold on, before we go first, No, I want to I want to actually just reclaim my stance because people seem to think that.
Speaker 1: I was gripped. Was I ripping her on this podcast?
Speaker 5: I was ripping the fact that we don't have anything, any good songs out uh, And it was we didn't have a summer a summer song, and Vampire was like our choice and it was kind of slow and well.
Speaker 1: The truth of the matter is like the two sing video now She's hot, you have a crush on her?
Speaker 5: The two singles that followed bad idea, right, and what's the current?
Speaker 4: One is getting back? God, she looks so hot, she really does, and I can't what what do you do? She's twenty yep? Okay, what's wrong is that? Should I feel empty for.
Speaker 1: Her? Yep? I know? You five years longer than she's alive. See.
Speaker 4: Well, when you put it like that, it sounds yeah. Put Oh you know what else? Is an interesting mathematical equation? What's that my middle daughter is the same age as Olivia Rodrigo.
Speaker 5: That's what six see. That's what bothers you. It's it's the age thing, and you're comparing it to your own daughter.
Speaker 4: And it was like my daughter, No, The first thing I feel like she's somebody's daughter. And this guy our friendship, is older than Olivia Rodrigo.
Speaker 1: And here's why I feel this way.
Speaker 4: Because she First of all, you remember two thousand and three right now, when the when the when the Marlins beat the Yankees in the World Series and we had squitched the fish shirts at two hundred that I created I came up with right two thousand and three, remember that she was being born. Okay, you know the reason why I feel like that is because, first of all.
Speaker 5: She's firing on all cylinders right now. I said this on the Morning show. She has she is the it girl.
Speaker 1: She she rips it girl. Maybe for older girls older.
Speaker 4: A Taylor Swift concert, I know it's younger girls to actually girl. No, it's a different kind of women. It's a different kind of girl. It's a different you can't. Taylor Swift is the it person on the planet.
Speaker 1: Taylor.
Speaker 4: Taylor Swift appeals to a different Can I say something about Taylor Swift real quick? When she got out of the car the SNL after party and Travis came over and he, you know, he helped her out of the car. He led her. Travis Kelsey had her hand and he walked first, which I thought was very gentlemanly. But I was thinking in terms of star power, she should lead him, she should be dragging him around. I'm just saying he did. He did, He did the chivalrous thing. But now, but but I tell you, Taylor could be a little vanilla talking. You know, she's I think Olivia has been been dragged through the mud, like, look look at what happened to her, and she shed wait.
Speaker 1: It won't happened to her.
Speaker 4: She got, she stole a guy. She stole Josh Barrett, No, the opposite half front.
Speaker 1: No, Sabrina Carpenter. He allegedly, yeah, broke Sabrina Carpenter's heart. Sabrina Carpon allegedly stole Josh back.
Speaker 4: And then she she took that sorrow and made a billion dollars off of it. She did because good for you and all that other those other songs. What I'm saying is for you. She had to give half the paramore because you know she did, right, but because.
Speaker 1: It sounded like that.
Speaker 4: My point is she's very I think there's just she's talented, but she's also relatable and I don't know, I just think that a lot of girls are like, wow, this is she's speaking for me right now.
Speaker 1: I think she's so well connected.
Speaker 4: To a touches you as as an almost fifty year old man that touches you, It touches your heart strength. I love No, I love it because she's a strong woman. She's like in the woman that you could take to dinner.
Speaker 1: She's independent.
Speaker 4: I don't know she's independent, so you'd like to trap her and make her unindependent.
Speaker 1: I don't want to find her hot, but I do. It's crazy. I don't want to attractive.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you find Sabrina Corpenter attractive? Yes, but not in the way that I find that. Here's what I'm thinking. Here's what I'm thinking. You hook up with Olivia roightkay, stop it, and then leave her for Sabrina Corpenter and they get a kind of a whole album about you. My love was scary that'll be the title. But like, wait, it must be scary. I think she's alluding to scary. That'd be great.
Speaker 1: Way.
Speaker 4: The reason why I bring it up is because, yeah, in other words, the reason is that the reason because if the shoe was on the hold on, we're two guys here. If this was if this was older guy, if this was if this was some older women talking about a twenty two year old hot.
Speaker 1: Guy, I'd say the same thing.
Speaker 5: No, No, you wouldn't because I think of Okay, think of Danielle.
Speaker 1: Think of Danielle from our show.
Speaker 4: Right the way, she's old enough, I could think about it. She's thinking about Danielle. She's older than me, married, older than me. She she she could fawn over some shirtless hot guy who's eighteen or nineteen years old.
Speaker 1: Say the same. Though she likes David Beckham, she.
Speaker 4: Said, say the same things. You know what I'm talking about, Brodie, don't start. Holds into what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 4: If she's he's a guy in a boy band and she goes, oh he's hot. No, she's making an objective opinion. Yes, But she didn't say I think I'm into her. Bro You didn't say Olivia Rodriguez hot. You said like.
Speaker 1: Women do that. Women.
Speaker 5: You've got to stop. Okay, stop for one second. Women in their forties and fifties do this.
Speaker 4: All the time to guys and talk about guys like their pieces of meat. Guys in their lateeens, early twenties, and they have left to the judge.
Speaker 1: Don't get it's legal. It's all legal. They're over seventeen, right, All you're doing is cracking jokes. Listen to what I'm saying. I'm putting an argument on. The podcast is supposed to be, but I'm putting it on. I'm putting an exact I'm putting it.
Speaker 4: I'm making a comparison. No, I'm making a direct analogy.
Speaker 1: I'm making. What I'm saying is this is apples to apples. That's not what an analogy is. But go ahead.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is if I'm making a comparison and I'm putting think about people their forties and fifties, women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they call them cougar's right, and cougar they're like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, they don't get the same kind of reaction like oh that's creepy, eh, the same way the way that you just did to me for being a guy, because the shoe was on the other foot.
Speaker 1: So all of a sudden, I didn't say all men, I just said you, that's a double standard.
Speaker 4: No, because I don't say I don't say I don't think women who were in their fifties should be dating twenty year old boys either.
Speaker 1: But I don't. I don't, that's my opinion. But I don't go around telling them not to do that. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't tell people what as long as they are Floksten. If my twenty year old daughter brought home a you or a fifty year old guy, it probably wouldn't sit well.
Speaker 1: With me, of course, not right, but what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But if a fifty year old woman brought home my twenty year old son, if I had one, that also wouldn't sit right with me. See that's where you're wrong, though, because I feel like a lot of people would be okay with that. Society is if my society forget about you, David Rody. Society is to the podcast. Society is not on the podcast. Society is okay with it.
Speaker 5: Overall, they're they're okay with the woman being older and the younger.
Speaker 4: Guy, but not okay with boys podcast with society and scary. No, it's me, I'm telling you. Look, I don't think society. Look listen, we can. I don't want to get into the whole physical dominance of a large man and a small girl. There's a lot of reasons why physically and mentally we look at those two situations differently. We do because sometimes little twenty year old girls are abused and and by large men and physics and aren't.
Speaker 1: Going down that road. Brodie, we're talking specific sigma. Let's keep it surface, keep it surfaces.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's get back to what this was about you and Olivia Rodrigue not saying that. Okay, yes, let's say it's okay to Olivia Rodrigo, you are into a living They're definitely. There are definitely women right now slices that that cringe like scary, that's creepy. That's but those same women probably have fawned over a guy in his early twenties, and that's okay.
Speaker 1: Are they your age and they fawned over them?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yes, there's a forty nine year old slice, yes, female when she does a podcast with her friend. Yeah, who's who's fawning over a nineteen twenty year old filling the male celebrity right now?
Speaker 1: Whoever it is? David Kushner. David Kushner.
Speaker 4: I not how old he is, but let's okay, it's like, hey, you know what I would fucking I would hit that David Kushner guy, not David Kushner a bad example, bad example. Why he's not it, Why I'm just summon in his earlier up, David Kushner is gonna be a big deal soon. All in their early twenties. Yeah, the hot guy in the early twenties. David Kushner is in his early twenties.
Speaker 1: But he's not.
Speaker 5: He's but no one's thinking about David Kushner that way. Oh so you're saying that's a bad example, but my daughter loves him. That's your daughter, dude, we're talking about we're talking about okay, but you're talking okay. So now I have to mention a male celebrity who's twenty who has the same fame level.
Speaker 1: Is it about the fame of a lady? Go, well, the hotness?
Speaker 4: You said it to an age and you said you said there are women who fall and over twenty year old celebrities. So I'm saying you think there's some woman the Jane the Jane and Maria podcast. I'm sorry, Maria and Jane podcast, and Marie is going a Jane. First of all, you have an old timey name. Second, second of all, I have the fucking hots for David Kushner. He's smoking hot. It's a bad example. Though one knows who David Kushner is. Listening to this podcast right now. You know who David Kushner is.
Speaker 1: Their daughter's not.
Speaker 5: The people listening to this podcast do not know who David Kushner is. Are you hot for Olivia Rodrigo because she's famous, because she's.
Speaker 1: Hot both, That's part of the charm.
Speaker 4: Okay, scary I'm making. I'm making a comparison. Let's pretend David Kushner is. Nobody knows who David Kushner is. Stop saying. Your point is not there. You're getting caught up on the fame of David Kushner. I'm saying, Let's pretend Kushner is more famous. The issue is whether Mary, Maria, and June want to fuck David Korean. June, Yeah, Jane, Heather, Heather and Movie Caitlin, Caitlin and and and Sarah are doing a podcast, and Michelle and Dawn and Okay, I'm doing a podcast. They fucking know because their daughters love David Kushner. This post is all over her room, like you know that David Kushner. I'd fucking hit that, and and and and and Sarah is like, you know, yeah, yeah, he's you're too old for that ship and and and Heather's like, no, I'm not. I'm not too old because he's famous and talented and his music hits me, We're in my heart strings. And I want to fucking hit that. His one song, Daylight, that's it. And yeah, Daylight speaks to me, and I want to fuck David Kushner. Is basically what what Heather is saying. My point, that's it. No, your point is not. I'm saying, David Kushner six months from now is more famous. You're getting caught up on the store, all right, but that it's a bad example. But okay, okay, let's let's pretend. Let's pretend it's a twenty year old baseball play. It's different, all right, It's a famous twenty year old guy, is the point of the argument.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's keep it generic. Let's keep it generic. Let's keep it generic.
Speaker 4: Then I did David Christ's generic a celebrity, twenty year old celebrity. Ok, you're hot, twenty year old celebrity. And Header's like, I want to hit that. And Jeem's like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You're you're you're.
Speaker 4: Fifty years old, and she's like, I got fifty year old urges. What I'm saying is I said what you say, it's okay for some reason that for me to judge. I'm only judging you because you're my friend, and I'm telling you for you, it's creepy. Oh for me, Yes, Because you get to meet Olivia Rodrigo. That makes it worse. Does She'll be in studio next taking pictures with her.
Speaker 1: And everyone's gonna know.
Speaker 4: You're like, I can take a picture, No, but I'm gonna take a picture with her the same way I would take a picture with freaking any celebrity.
Speaker 1: Of any eight.
Speaker 4: When you take a picture with the lead singer from Bowling for Soup, you're not thinking this guy's fucking hot, I'm gonna bang him. I mean, Jared's a nice guy. I happen to know him, but you're not taking a picture of him, going, this guy's song speak to me and he's hot. Ah, I remember nineteen eighty five, so many great references. Ah, I would fuck him. No, you're thinking, Olivia Rodrigo, I'm good for you, Olivia, you like do I worked in a song title?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Maybe you dress up as Dracula like a vampire. Next time she comes up, you're like, hey, Olivia, I dressed up here.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Get it, Olivia, Dracula vampire. Get it. Maybe you're come up with a poster.
Speaker 4: Josh Josh Bassett whatever the fuck his name is, and you pull like you pull like a dart through his face, like look, I hate him too. This episode is broken. This is broken, this podcast that's not this is broke. Not yeah, this is not this episode we've done in weeks.
Speaker 5: Okay, uh and oh, by the way, let me just change, let me change the topic altogether.
Speaker 1: Just shout out to Old Navy. They're not a sponsor. Oh something old Finally, Old Navy.
Speaker 5: Did you ever think that my bougie ass were shouting out to old Navy.
Speaker 1: They fucking saved me. They saved me. They're not a sponsor, right, not a sponsor.
Speaker 5: So a few weeks ago, we were going to this really fancy event which I thought was not fancy but turned out to be fancy because all the guys on the morning show said, yeah, I'm just gonna wear a sweater and some like like, you know, khaki pants or you know whatever, black pants and that's it. Well, then everyone didn't consult me and said, oh you know what, fuck I'm gonna wear a suit.
Speaker 1: Let we wear a sports jacket. Oh don't you hate when that happens? I hate when the Brooklyn Industrial with you ready to go.
Speaker 4: So I was wearing a shirt tucked in with a belt with nice pants, but no jackie was a theory shirt.
Speaker 5: And as I'm pulling up in the uber like literally on sixth Avenue, about to make the left hand turn down the side street where the event was, I get a.
Speaker 1: Call from Nate.
Speaker 4: From the Big Show. Hey, man, listen, I just walked in, and just so you know, I want to give you the heads up that a lot of most of the guys that you have jackets on and suits and stuff. And I said, well, what are you wearing? He goes, yeah, I got a jack go on in a suit of course shackety but yeah, but he said he wasn't gonna do wear a jacket.
Speaker 1: So now I look like the schmuck. Oh so, oh my god.
Speaker 4: This is self familiar scensed to anybody else. This this not self. You got, you got what's coming to you? Six years later? You fucking got it. You got smoking jacketed, you got Brooklyn Industrial. Fuck you you undaddressed and nobody told you. Now you know how it feels, bitch. No, I don't know how it feels. You know why because like I looked out we were at the red light. I looked to the right. There was an old Navy there. I ended my ride.
Speaker 5: Dude, I ran into Old Navy, ran downstairs and I said, look, I know this is a long shot.
Speaker 4: You guys will sell sports jacket Navy? Is this who has a downstairs? Yes, Oh that's the one I used to be a manager at. Oh really, and I opened that store nineteen ninety five. I was at the store manager and when opened, all things are full circle.
Speaker 1: I guess the downstairs used to be storage.
Speaker 4: It was just the your karma, your karma has uh was what was with me that night?
Speaker 1: You're good card? I ran downstairs.
Speaker 4: There was nothing anywhere there was and no, They're like, oh, I don't know if we have she goes, huh she was.
Speaker 1: I think I might have one thing. I Smike from security left his jacket here from yesterday. She ran.
Speaker 5: We walked through the aisle and then in the clothing rack in the sale area.
Speaker 1: There was one lonely black smoke.
Speaker 4: A jacket, a smoking jacket, black and blazer, hanging halfway off the rack.
Speaker 1: And she pulled it off and.
Speaker 4: I'm like, please be an extra large, Please be an extra large. It was an extra large. She goes, try this on, Brody. I swear to god, it was the only fucking jacket. It was almost like a ghost came. A ghost came, Yes, a soldier. The soldier put the jacket there for you. Put the jacket there. I tried it on and looked in the mirror. She goes, You'll never no one will ever know it looks. It looks it matches your pants. Fine, what no one will ever know that you didn't show that you showed up underdressed, because you're gonna walk out of.
Speaker 1: Here with this jacket today. It was I mean, the sleeves were slightly long.
Speaker 4: But all I I'm glad to do is like do a little like, you know, ruffle of my house arms. Yeah, dude, it was a ninety nine dollars jacket. It was on sale for sixty six.
Speaker 1: Dude. This baby doesn't sell things at a ninety nine dollars. It was. It was on sale for sixty six. It was okay.
Speaker 4: Well, the short of it is, in six minutes flat, I walked out of I walked out. They popped the tags on me. I walked out of Old Navy tags. Yeah, I'm gonna pop some to Macklamore walk down the street. Maclamore proudly, with confidence, walked into this event and nobody even said for a second, oh nice jacket.
Speaker 1: No, they didn't say. They didn't say that. They didn't belong. What's that? That's weird. So I actually started telling.
Speaker 4: People at the party, I'm like, can you believe I just bought this jacket five minutes ago? Because I felt underdressed? Guess what nobody they look I would never have known, would never have known nobody from me. Now those people the brand, he told people, the brand name of your jacket. Yeah, I said, I got this in Old Navy about ten minutes ago. It was hysterical. Anyway, there are there a client. They're not okay, but I'm trying to get them now as a result of this. So all right, all right, so there you go, all right, the Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Yes, I like that story. It's a story of hope.
Speaker 4: It's a story of hope. So shout out to old Navy. Did you ever what's again?
Speaker 1: Sponsor on this day? Shout out to old Navy love.
Speaker 4: I thought i'd hear that, Never thought i'd hear that from Joe. All right, so what do you think you place some talkbacks? I think I can't imagine there's anymore dollars six Brody's wrong talkbacksfully, not one. People have moved on. Remember next week we want your talkbacks on. When you got a scare scare bonied no legit or you feel like you saw ghosts absolutely or pig demons or whatever those are, that's the one ghost of soldiers something.
Speaker 1: Say what you want about it? All right?
Speaker 4: Anyway, I heart radio app hit the little microphone, leave us talk back, uh and if you leave like six in a row. First of all, we're not recommending it, but you don't need to introduce yourself every time.
Speaker 1: One best guys. Yeah, So here we go. This is from episode two seventy two, Prairie Doggy Style, Oh, Prairie Doggy Style, Here we go. This person has some feedback.
Speaker 11: Hey Brooklyn boys, Jamie from Queens here when Jemmy was telling that story about someone taking a shit in the pool in Vegas. All I could think of was the duty scene from Caddy Shack when they thought a candy bar was crap in the pool and everyone's yelling dude like in the Jaws game is playing baby Ruth. I just busted out laughing because I could imagine that the Golden Nugget pool or the brown Nugget pool, as you said, look.
Speaker 1: Like that scene. It was in Atlantic City anyway.
Speaker 11: Jamie from Queen Jamie Queens you guys briefly mentioned Hack Saw Jim Duggan.
Speaker 12: Well a few years ago.
Speaker 11: I was at New York Comic Con. I was dressed as a zombie and had a giant fake wound on my face like where I would have gotten bit. So I meet hack Saw Jim Duggan. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Who he was.
Speaker 11: He sees the wound and says, I'm going to beat the shit out of whoever did that to your face? And I cracked up.
Speaker 1: Okay, huh hi. This is Liz from Hackensackney Jersey Brody Scary Slice for Life.
Speaker 13: I just want to tell you guys.
Speaker 9: That I love you, and keep up the good work, keep making us laugh.
Speaker 6: Brody, keep up your good work and.
Speaker 4: Your high work, Hiatus, Scary.
Speaker 14: Is you are friends with the couple that's getting married, you can talk to them and ask him for a plus one, or don't go.
Speaker 1: It's just wedding etiquette. Don't get mad.
Speaker 4: Just do what you have to do, what I have to do, Okay, go along, Brooklyn boys, Brody and Scary.
Speaker 13: Scary and Brody on my way to work today. Realize I forgot my pants.
Speaker 1: Look down.
Speaker 13: It's a fine look. I'm famous, isn't it anyway? Curly Jason, Jason, Curly Slice for Life Jason.
Speaker 1: He made a reference to, uh, they get attraction on HBO Max Yes, which we were talking about. So full force now fine looking penis ain't it in it?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 3: Guys, Emily from Connecticut. I'm calling about episode two seventy one where Scary was upset that Robin wasn't invited to the wedding. So I've been married and I definitely invited anybody that had a spouse or a very long time significant other if they lived together. I mean I would have invited Robin too, even if I didn't know her. They've been together for so long. But I definitely did not invite at first the boyfriend of my friend.
Speaker 1: Because because.
Speaker 3: Emily from Connecticut. Again, So I did not invite one of my friend's boyfriends at first because he's an asshole and he treats her like shit. Okay, but eventually I did add him on to the guest list just because we had some guest traveling kind of for the wedding and a lot of people declined that we expected we're going to be there, so I had room and I let her bring him just because I felt bad that she was going to have to get a hotel by herself.
Speaker 4: Okay, So do you think Robin wasn't invited to this celebrity at this uh not celebrity, this wedding of the person you know from the radio station because Robin is an asshole who's abusive to you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with no on that. Oh okay, all right, just check it.
Speaker 14: I'm a special education teacher, and in my opinion, the guy who says he is OCD actually has ADHD and was probably also diagnosed with very annoying disorder, meaning you're just annoying and you're saying OCD a little obsessively. Yes, but you got ADHD and you're a bit annoying.
Speaker 1: Oh fair enough, all right, expert opinion.
Speaker 14: How kerry, I am in one hundred percent agreement or as you would say, two hundred percent agreement. A flagel and a bagel are not the same thing. If you're out flagels, do not supplement it with a regular baby bagel and try to give it to me.
Speaker 11: Do not do that.
Speaker 14: It is not the same.
Speaker 1: I am with you, Okay.
Speaker 4: I love her voice, but we don't know her name. So next time you do leave a talk back, leave us your name.
Speaker 1: By the way it come from.
Speaker 16: See, I'm just wondering if any of your friends listen to the podcast, hear a conversation like the wedding invite and know you're talking about them, and then reach out to you.
Speaker 5: It's a great question. Sometimes that happens. In this case, no, because we were generic enough about it. But yeah, so I guess nobody from that wedding because I don't I don't know most of the people. I don't know ninety percent of the people going to this wedding. So I felt it was safe to bring it up.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yeah, I don't think that.
Speaker 4: I don't think the person who's throwing the wedding is listening to this pody.
Speaker 1: No, they're not.
Speaker 4: Although twice I got called out by family members because Scary said something that I did that My wife was like, you didn't tell me that? And then Scary he said something about my daughter and she's like, so I Scary talking about me?
Speaker 1: Tell you that? Yeah.
Speaker 4: In this case, no, I knew the people is for the wedding, the bride and group did not listen.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Hey, Brooklyn boys, Brody and Scary. This guy this is Joe from California.
Speaker 1: Sounds like one because I was.
Speaker 2: Listening to episode seventy two and Brody was talking about Scary's papers being breaking news. But the breaking news really was that Scary did his own fucking laundry. He always said he had a service do your own, do your laundry for you. So, uh, just curious when you started doing your own.
Speaker 1: Explained to explain what you meant when you said you did your ownlaundry. I did. I did do my own laundry. I did I have? I have before?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Well, sometimes did you write it in your journal? Sometimes sometimes I do my own laundry. Yeah, but I have time. I got on a rainy Friday or Saturday. It's been raining in the northeast. Seven seven weekends in a row. This is the seventh weekends in a row. Seventh weekend in a row where we're getting married. Guess what? And Scary would like to point out that most months don't have seven weekends anymore.
Speaker 1: Perfect day to perfect time to do laundry on days like this.
Speaker 14: Hello, everybody, this is not one well, there is how you doing today? This is not one does?
Speaker 7: How you doing today?
Speaker 1: All right? Just wanted to clear that up. Thank you for checking in on just at one point. Thank you, not one. Hey, guys, how you doing? It's me again you brought in.
Speaker 17: Next time you're going to one of these federal buildings or government buildings, especially federal trying not to rattle there cages.
Speaker 1: Those guys are very sensitive.
Speaker 17: You might find yourself going into another room and getting yourself a full cavity search. They might just find a dollar six, maybe even some Canadian coinage you forgot about.
Speaker 4: If you don't know what's so funny about this, you gotta just listen in order, because you're.
Speaker 1: Scary doesn't have to listen to order jingles anymore. Bring those home, please.
Speaker 6: Hey, boys, It's Jacob. I am from Northwest Arkansas. I left a voice back. Yeah, uh yeah, couple episodes bast sure, uh yead and all. We're talking about the weather, and I was talking about my area, and then Scary mentioned that.
Speaker 1: You know, this is Walmart HQ.
Speaker 6: This whole area is pretty much ran by Walmart. But uh no, my my talk back was in regards to if you ever come out here, I can show you around.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much, appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Oh he hasn't heard the whole episode we did about why it's called Northwest Arkansas in the Bentonville area.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll ramble a bit here at the being because Scary always starts these things before he stops talking or he cuts Brody off. And three to one, Hey, Scary, while you were going on your bougie rant about the above ground pools and the indoor pool, you mentioned you hate water parks. I could be wrong, but weren't you a spokesperson for a water park about a year ago. Careful buddy, just looking out for you, all right, Ted for Iowa.
Speaker 5: I think water parks are a great place to bring kids for your family, but not for me.
Speaker 4: I don't have kids. I don't have kids, so there's no reason for me to go to a water park. A water park is great for everyone, but for Scary. Even though he did did do commercials for a couple of water parks, he understands their fun and he knows a good water park from a bad water park. Well, Scary endorses the good ones. And I know which ones we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Splash Down Beach in Poughkeepsie on eighty four and Fishkill that right there is an awesome water park.
Speaker 4: And I'm not going to have you hit the jingle because you were questioned on this. It is and it happens to be a very nice water park. Yeah, but Skary just doesn't like water parks because he doesn't he feels left out without a family.
Speaker 1: You know, he wasn't invited with a guest, you know, and keep.
Speaker 5: In mind their difference between a testimonial and an endorsement, and that to me right there, this, you know, I just pretty much read a script of all the all the things that are this coaster is opening. This is the price. I'm pretty much giving information. I went there because I know, but.
Speaker 4: If you're looking for a water park, this is a good one. I have and then, by the way, I have been there in the past. I took a tour of the place. We did a couple of events there a few years ago. Scary just doesn't like slides. Yeah, he doesn't like wave pools. He's not a great swimmer. Doesn't mean that doesn't mean that I don't have the license to talk about it because I can't. Scary likes to stand in a pool with a drink in his hand. That's his that's his life. I get that. Yep, I'm a water park guy.
Speaker 7: Brody, you fucking cheap bastard.
Speaker 17: This is in regards to episode two seventy where the waiter rung up a dollar six on your credit card so you could pay that a tip.
Speaker 1: Come on, you cheap fucking bastard.
Speaker 9: Okay, Brodine's Scary Brooklyn Boys DJ here from South Jersey. There's just so much to unpack at the end of episode two seventy, so I think I'm just going to chalk it up too Scary, you're an idiot, and don't be too much of a bitch when it comes to UFC because you know how grossly overpopulated it is. And Brodi're kind of also wrong because I'm a nerd who takes karate but also likes anime.
Speaker 1: So okay, I know I'm fine with that. That's cool.
Speaker 4: Well then you can you can, absolutely, that's fine. You can act out the anime.
Speaker 10: D Hey guys, Michael from Dane, Ohio, actually Miamisburg. This is in reference to two seventy two, and I'm having a hard time getting around the idea that fucking Scary stores papers in the dryer. I don't understand that at all. I mean, I'm sure you have an extensive wardrobe, so wouldn't you do close regularly?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can't believe realdy let it'slide. Yeah, well, no, it's true. Brody knows my lifestyle. He knows how I live. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I don't question things that I've questioned in the past, and I can't remember if I questioned them on the podcast or not. Yeah, Scary has a once had an extra radio in his fucking washing machine.
Speaker 9: I had this messages for one Beladez shucked up, fucked up.
Speaker 5: Oh come on, now, we can't have slices cursing at each other. We love about like.
Speaker 18: One Brooklyn Boys, John Long Island, your federally neighborhood mailman again just pligh in on the wedding thing.
Speaker 15: H scary has made it clear that they know of Robin, they know the details of their relationship and how long they've been together. And then Gandhi got invited with Brandon. Everyone is great, but you really it's tough when you choose one and not the other. So I definitely agree with not going. But I also wouldn't say anything. It's just simple, keep it quiet.
Speaker 11: I have a scary Jamie from Queen's here. I understand why that stack of papers is still in scariest place. He's either always doing something work related or hanging out with his friends like Big Dick Bob or whatever their names are. And when he has time off from work, he's going on vacations where he's like swimming in a pool of champagne or some shit. Bertie, you need to teach him the meaning of a staycation so he can get shit done.
Speaker 1: Ooka and swimming in a pool of champagne. You're right, I'm always on the go. I got no time to put away papers. You know, Big Dick Bob is calling, so Hey Brook and Boys.
Speaker 7: Is Danny from Queens Are you doing so?
Speaker 4: Is Brody scared?
Speaker 9: Do you know that I have to listening to these talkbacks with my guy one Veldez.
Speaker 4: I just want to say, you guys should rename the show with this point, Brooken Boys with Brody Scary on Monveldez, think about it.
Speaker 1: How you doing? Okay?
Speaker 19: Hey?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 7: Brooken Boys? Is Danny from Queens?
Speaker 1: Are you doing? Always Brody Scared?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just pulling one out. Does how you doing?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 15: This is Christina.
Speaker 12: I'm calling in regards to all the talkbacks about the wedding, and it's making me wonder if the couple knows about your podcast and listens to the Big Show, because I'm wondering if they've been hearing all this shit you've been talking about them.
Speaker 1: In another state.
Speaker 5: They live far away in a state that doesn't get our Big show, and they.
Speaker 1: Don't really listen. They don't listen to the podcast.
Speaker 20: Rode in scary and James said, Gads, listen, bast quest what's wrong with you?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 1: He ain't being racist. You can't be.
Speaker 20: It can't be upset for the other dude that's not upset about it called and they're mad whatever Alaskant mad Hondurian, Pablo Nicky from Translvania.
Speaker 1: Don't matter. You can't get mad for the other person. Brody, leave Rebecca from Jersey alone. Let her curse nick the fuck out. Freedom of speech, love y'all.
Speaker 7: Hey, this is JP from Virginia listening to the episode two six two Scary complaining about the breakfast place that turned over a second earlier, but being a boogie bitch, go to fucking McDonald and get an egg McMuffin.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, and our last one.
Speaker 19: Brody, Hey, Brody, a scary monoca here originally from Brooklyn listening.
Speaker 1: To episode two and two.
Speaker 19: Brody, I think the next but this episode you should play the scary slipped in a commercial jingle.
Speaker 1: Let's go all the way back to episode twos.
Speaker 19: I know you didn't have the jingle then, but you have it now. But he slipped in a commercial for a doctor. I'm not gonna say his name because I'm just gonna give him extra extra shout outs.
Speaker 1: So thank you. You play the jingle.
Speaker 4: Thank you monoch right, enjoy the next two hundred and seventy the episodes episode two all right on that note, Yeah, you're good Scarry, We're not on vacation next week.
Speaker 1: We're not. We'll hear next week. How do you like that?
Speaker 4: Fantastic so boys Boys, Boys,