Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Let's kiss you.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey Everybody, Scott Patterson, armal and podcast. iHeart Radio, iHeart Media, I Heart Podcast. One of them productions. This is Pop Culture Seen seven, Episode nine, Knit People Knit.
Speaker 4: And there's twelve references in this one. So it's just a good one.
Speaker 1: That is an even dozen according to my not a Baker's dozen. Who wants to start it out?
Speaker 4: Tara, go ahead, before we start off, Let's go to a quick break. And when we come back, is Tara going to start for us?
Speaker 1: I think is going to start for us? All right? I like it, and we're back. You are up to the plant, alrighty.
Speaker 3: So Lorelai opens up a wedding gift from Emily and Richard. Laura says, wow, I mean it's like wow. Emily says it's an etching by Keeky Smith. Laura I says, no, it's extraordinary this item. Christopher says, wow, LORELEI, wow right. Emily says it's called Wolfgirl. Keiki Smith is an artist whose work has addressed the themes of sex, birth, and regeneration.
Speaker 1: Did you know?
Speaker 3: Prompted by her father's death in nineteen eighty and by the aid's death of her sister, she began an ambitious investigation of mortality and the physicality of the human body. She even studied to become an emergency medical technician, which ended up helping her craft human figures.
Speaker 2: It's not a change is my whole impression of that ugly painting, and sort of makes it more interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Okay, well, I think if the explanation of it is more interesting than the painting, that yeah, truth truly.
Speaker 2: Got this one next, This next one seems right for you.
Speaker 1: Why do you have to say that?
Speaker 2: Why you're smarter than us? And I feel like you've read.
Speaker 4: You'll be the only one to pronounce this.
Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, basically, now that's funny. Christopher comes downstairs with Laura. I knits on the couch.
Speaker 5: Laurela.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Christopher. Well, good morning, Madame Defarge. Christopher, good morning, mister I remember stuff from Ango's class in high school. Madame Defarge was a fictional character in the main antagonist of the eighteen fifty nine novel The Tale Two Cities by Charles Dickens. Did you know Madame Defarge's knitting secrets? Encodes the names of people to be killed, one type of stitch for each letter in the alphabet. If people ask what she's knitting, she disregards the question and usually says pastime.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: In that same scene as his wife a question, what's for breakfast? Martha Stewart poached eggs, blueberry muffins. Oh, is there gonna be fresh squeezed orange juice? Because I'd really appreciate if you could strain the pull. Martha Stewart is an author of cooking, entertaining, and decorating books. She expanded her brand to include a magazine, a TV show, and is the founder of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. Did you know she once dated Anthony Hopkins and broke up with him after seeing Silence of the Lamps? I did not know this, She said. She couldn't even imagine taking him to her big, scary house in Maine.
Speaker 1: Uh, no way.
Speaker 2: What shout out to Martha Stewart though? Who loves to come to jingle Ball? I heart rad jingle Ball.
Speaker 4: And yeah, she's pretty with her whole family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she lets her her. She's got a daughter, granddaughter, and then the granddaughter brings the friends. It's a good time.
Speaker 4: It's his grandma Martha, just you know, running the ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's and she is always like dressed to the nines, beautiful, She's go Martha. I love her.
Speaker 4: I've got a comeback like Martha.
Speaker 1: Snoop.
Speaker 3: I was just about to say that was so random, but I loved it.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 2: I currently am seeing Martha regularly on a commercial for dirt. I think it's literally for dirt. I'm not sure, but I think it's she likes to get her hands in dirt. And that's all I can remember. And I see the commercial constantly.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Loralai explains to Christopher that the Nitathon raises money to build a new bridge, and Laurai says it's too bad too, because it was gorgeous. We all loved to love to loved it. It was sturdy and strong, made out of this beautiful Japanese maple, which it turns out is exactly the kind of wood that attracts beetles. And I'm not talking British Invasion kind of beetles. I'm talking the kind of beetles that like to eat wood. The Beatles were an English rock band from Liverpool composed of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo star the British and Vae was a cultural phenomenon of the mid nineteen sixties, when rock and pop music acts from the UK became popular in the United States. Did you know that the Beatles concerts were said to smell heavily of urine. Female fans were going so out of control that they were.
Speaker 2: Cannot be true.
Speaker 4: That's kind of great rue.
Speaker 2: And also, I've never been so excited that I peed my pants. I know, it's like a saying, but.
Speaker 1: I will say, maybe that's where it came from.
Speaker 3: You know, I have to say, I remember I went to the Taylor's Swift concert and they they turned a lot of the men's restrooms into women's restrooms because obviously the crowd's mainly women. That was the smartest decision because they were like no lines for the bathrooms.
Speaker 1: You used to do that in.
Speaker 2: Like litl affair. But that's not the same as getting so excited.
Speaker 5: You know, well said, if you look at the footage of the girls losing their minds and passing out and fainting, it's kind of believable that maybe they would lose control of I.
Speaker 4: Will say, after you have a baby, you can't even cough. You can't.
Speaker 2: But doesn't it make you think of the line a pretty woman when she's like, I loved it so much, almost peede in my pants, and he's all she liked it as much as Pirates of Penzance.
Speaker 3: Christopher and Lurlai run into Bebett in town as she's getting ready for the nitathon and talking about their wedding. Babet says, plus the dress, I mean, why would anyone?
Speaker 1: I mean, why would anyone want to buy a big infens of dress? You can only wear what except for me? I gotta wear my twice?
Speaker 2: But what's Halloween?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Did moriy go as Chucky?
Speaker 1: Thank you very much? No, he was a futuristic pirate.
Speaker 3: Child's Play is a slasher franchise created by Don Mancini. The film's mainly focus on a serial killer doll, Chucky. The Bride of Chucky is the fourth film and the Child's Play franchise. And did you know that Chucky had a viewed with Britney Spears over a scene in two thousand and four from Seed of Chucky where he kills a Britney look alike on the road Britney's management was concerned people thought the real Brittany participated in the film.
Speaker 1: Wow, she's in the middle of everything, isn't she?
Speaker 2: She really is. Rory brought over a box full of decor to help set up for Lucy's twenty first birthday. You brought jay Loo and of course I have boot boots. Oh my god, so did we. We're gonna hug it up. My feet were so much more comfortable in two thousand and two. Jennifer Lopez is an actress, singer, and dancer who is married to Ben Affleck. She rose to start him with films like Selena, The Wedding Planner and Maide in Manhattan.
Speaker 1: We could talk.
Speaker 2: About Jaylo all day, but we won't.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 2: Literally, boy boy boy, you.
Speaker 1: Know they called me in for they wanted to see me for Maid in Manhattan.
Speaker 2: That's a bummer.
Speaker 1: You didn't get that, well, I didn't. They cast Ray Fines before I even went in.
Speaker 2: Well that, yeah, that would have been a good one. I would have liked to see you in The Wedding Planner too. I love The Wedding Planner. Do you have any sugar like that?
Speaker 5: Was?
Speaker 2: Whatever? It's there's some really good lines in the wedding planner h Ugs in two thousand and two, where a pop culture style Paris Hilton, Amanda Vines, Christian Cavalari, many sleds, sported the uggs and denim skirt. Look. Oh, yes, I forgot about that. Did you know Jayla was a backup dancer for Janet Jackson. I sure didn't. That's I knew she was on. Oh, I know, but I didn't know she was a backup dancer for Janet Jackson. Janet Jackslina, I was gonna say Janet Jackson, Danielle and I are going to go see Janet Jackson.
Speaker 4: You know who I do know was a backup dancer for Dan Jackson was Jennet Down I know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Living College, are right.
Speaker 2: That's what I would assume. Yeah, you know who was a backup singer for Michael Jackson?
Speaker 1: Who? Glenn Campbell?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really, Bud Campbell.
Speaker 2: She was in the music video That's the Way Love Goes. I love music video.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that song, me too.
Speaker 1: Luke attempts to talk April as she is she sits at the counter of his diner. She has upset she has to move to New Mexico. Luke, So what are you for tonight? I wish we could run A Brief History of Time again? Maybe I understand more than the credits. A Brief History of Times in ninety one documentary about Stephen Hawking. Stephen Hawking was an English theoretical physicist and cosmologist cosmetologist no a cosmologist, and was diagnosed with als. Did you know it's twenty one years old? Stephen Hawking was told he only had two years to live.
Speaker 5: He lived to be.
Speaker 1: Seventy six year old.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: An extraordinary life.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay. Paris is disappointed with the theme of Lucy's twenty first birthday party. Paris says, why not two thousand and one, and Rory says it could be two thousand and one. I guess. Paris says, space honesty. That's a theme. People dressed up like astronauts or apes two thousand and one. A Space Honesty is a nineteen sixty eight science fiction film produced and directed by Stanley Kubrick. Did you know? The film predicted many technologies that we now take for granted? The film included in flight personal TVs that did not exist at the time but are now common on planes.
Speaker 1: Have you guys seen two thousand and one in Space. Honestly, Oh my goodness, it's the second film I ever saw.
Speaker 4: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: The first one was help Well. It was one of the one of the first films. Wow. Yeah, and it left the lasting impression. You guys have to watch it. It's a classic Kuprick film.
Speaker 2: I've got a long list of movie always say this.
Speaker 3: I feel like I need an ongoing list.
Speaker 2: Paris turns on hot and Hair and starts dancing with Doyle as Rory is on the phone with floor line. Hot in Here is a song by rapper Nelly releases the lead single from his second album, Nellyville. Nelly dabbled in acting. He had a recurring role on CSI New York. I do not remember that, but that is great, and was part of Adam Sandler's film The Longest Yard.
Speaker 4: I just love that he's a country artist now too.
Speaker 1: Everybody's going country, Country's going rap, Country's going pop. It's it's I like it. It's really morphing. Laurea is a little bit distraught about the choice of clothing Christopher made for his mandate with Jackson. Christopher. It's a black shirt, Laureli. Yeah, Christopher Okay, then Laureli, It's a very woquing Phoenix at the Oscars. Joaquin Phoenix is an actor known for playing dark, unconventional, and eccentric characters in films. It's two thousand and six Oscars, Joaquin Phoenix wore an all black suit, shocking.
Speaker 3: Did you Know?
Speaker 1: After three past nominations from Gladiator, Walked the Line and The Master Walkue, Phoenix finally won an Oscar for his fourth nomination with his portrayal The Joker in two thousand and twenty. He lost fifty two pounds for the role and says it started to affect his mental health.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll do this song. Paris and Doyle dance too. Get the Party Started at Lucy's twenty first birthday party. Get the Party Started is a song by Pink and did you Know? The song was originally intended for Madonna's two thousand album Music, but her team turned it down. It was later given to Pink.
Speaker 3: You know it does kind of have the vibe of that album, that Madonna album. If you think about it.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine anyone but Pink doing no.
Speaker 3: I can't either, but the vibe of the song I could, Yes, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like pink. Suki's hands are becoming numb from the outdoor chill as she knits. Ms Patty says, maybe scheduling it outdoor event in November wasn't such a great move. It was a great move, says Laurlai, a Fred and Ginger type move. It's just a brisk fall day. Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers were dance partners in a total of ten films, first paired together in the nineteen thirty three movie Flying Down to Rio. Did you know they were a couple only on film? They were different people with different interests, but remained friends for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 3: Alrighties last one, Rory and Marty reminisce about how they met after having some drinks. Marty says, I think I actually weighed ninety eight pounds. But you know now, Rory says, Oh, you've been working out. Marty says, can't you tell I'm huge? I'm massive? I'm Marty Schwarzenegger. Arnold Schwarzenegger is an Austrian and American actor and former professional bodybuilder, known for his role in the Terminator. He also served as the thirty eighth Governor of California. And did you know he was a millionaire before the age of twenty two due to his business investments, which included real estate and bodybuilding and a bodybuilding equipment.
Speaker 2: Come Benny and there you have it.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it, everybody. Thanks for tuning in the next episode it is gonna be Sea seven Episode ten Mary Fisticuffs and thank you ladies, Daniel Romitary, sued Amy Sugarman. We will see you next time. And remember we and I I'm all in, Stay safe everyone, everybody and up again. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmour at iHeartRadio dot com.