Speaker 1: Hey, we got a brand new episode for you today on your second Day podcast. Thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: We do need to reflect on our podcast last week.
Speaker 1: The episode what was it called Love at First height?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The two tall people?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah what six six wasn't tall?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For her basically, Yeah, dude, it's just wild. Where is she choosing these? I don't know finding them? What a niche thing?
Speaker 3: You have to date basketball players around the world?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: And what are people saying in the comments?
Speaker 7: Joe said, inflation getting so bad?
Speaker 1: Six six.
Speaker 7: Said, sorry, I can't imagine this mindset because my type is actually shorter guys that are around my height.
Speaker 1: That's right, you're getting I've always been a medium guy, So shorter guys. I'm with her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, imagine the coffin size. They need to be buried. Where was your head at?
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway, talking about it?
Speaker 3: Do you have to buy you?
Speaker 1: He's done on comments, done on comments. Okay, here we go. Let's get to your brand new episode.
Speaker 2: It starts right now, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Second date updates.
Speaker 3: A little behind the scenes secret here.
Speaker 8: When we do these second date updates, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning our producer takes a lot of time to coordinate these calls with the listeners.
Speaker 2: Is that a secret, because I'm pretty sure anyone that meets him he complains about it.
Speaker 8: He's very, very stressed out. Yes, because he's trying to help these people.
Speaker 1: Yes, and don't know how much work.
Speaker 3: This is today's caller.
Speaker 8: His name is Charles, has been booked six different times to do this over the past two weeks, has not answered the phone for five of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, from a weird numbers he requested this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he scheduled these calls and he wasn't answering.
Speaker 1: Maybe we know why he's not getting a second date.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Maybe, But he's finally on the phone with us on the sixth try.
Speaker 3: Wow, at least he was. Hopefully he hasn't hung up already. Charles, Are you still there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I've just had second thoughts about during this more than once, but today I just felt like I finally had the courage to go through with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, And.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing this has been the same person all six times we've tried.
Speaker 4: To call you, right, good question, it's the same girl. Okay, Thank's Maggie.
Speaker 1: And at this point, how long ago. Did you meet her.
Speaker 4: It's been probably three weeks.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I was with a buddy who was getting a tattoo and she was the tattoo artist.
Speaker 1: There is something real sexy about tattoo artists.
Speaker 4: So I was in the waiting area and I could see her do her work for like half an hour, and she was so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you have any interaction with her? Did you just stare at her.
Speaker 3: With your mouth open, just.
Speaker 1: No direction? You talked to her?
Speaker 4: Sorry, I was just thinking about Maggie.
Speaker 8: You sent him right back to that moment, watching her work her magic on his arm.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So after they were done, I'm I'm kind of a shy person, but I asked her out by writing my phone number on the back of my buddy's receipt with a message that said I think you're cute, but I spelt you're you are that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was you and not your friend.
Speaker 3: That was a strong move.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good point, Alexis because it was on your friend's receipt.
Speaker 3: Actually that's yeah, yeah, I think about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I gave it to her, so I was hoping she knew it was for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, did she contact you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she texted me and she agreed to get dinner together.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, okay, so she saw something she liked too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that you are.
Speaker 1: They turned it on they met him.
Speaker 3: Oh well whatever, it was good work.
Speaker 1: I mean, what were you feeling going into the state.
Speaker 4: I was excited. I was a little nervous, and I picked a restaurant that was close to her apartment to make her feel like I was thinking about her.
Speaker 2: That's good to tell you where her apartment was, Thank you, jose.
Speaker 3: How did you know where she lived?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was by the tattoo shops and she said she kind of lives close to there.
Speaker 3: So okay, that's good. A vague comment.
Speaker 1: That's good. Okay. So what was it like you meet her and what happens?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I picked her up, and I think there was a miscommunication about the time, so I ended up being a little late by like I don't know, fifteen minutes, but it was fine, fifteen minutes late.
Speaker 1: Okay, the world already anyways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all right, she comes out and we walked to the restaurant together, and you know, there's like really loud restaurants with everybody talking. Yeah, well this was just not that it was really quiet, so people could hear a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh no, the opposite. I hate that.
Speaker 2: Ye did that make were you like Alexis? Did that make you uncomfortable?
Speaker 4: It kind of did, because she was just even prettier than the first time I saw her. And there were times where I just caught myself just staring at her and then there was a silence, and then I was only a couple of feet away and I just had to snap out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like you that trance mode often.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, let's start calling her now because I feel like there's gonna be a lot more positive.
Speaker 8: I think we need to do like an alarm sound to get his attention back.
Speaker 4: So sorry, sorry, I needed myself.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Charles, Okay, so there are times you're in the restaurant you were so enamored by her stunning beauty that you didn't even have words.
Speaker 3: You were just staring at her.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, I don't know if I may have come across as a boring person, which sucks, but maybe that's why she hasn't answered. And I mean, I'm sure she meets a lot of cool guys that come into the tatch to your shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I bet, I bet you're right.
Speaker 2: I bet she gets asked out a lot, but I bet she doesn't say yes very often.
Speaker 8: Yeah, those are like tattooed muscle guys aren't writing you are on their receipts like you do.
Speaker 7: Bro, that's cute friends receipt it's not their own.
Speaker 3: He didn't exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're unique, and I bet she appreciates that. So tell us how the day ended.
Speaker 4: Well, the most embarrassing part was the walk back to her apartment. I was kind of looking at her and I almost got hit by a car and oh what honked? Really loud? They honked so loud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trying to startle you to get out of the way.
Speaker 1: You didn't get hit.
Speaker 4: No, no, Well, the last thing she said to me was I'm glad you didn't die, which I thought was kind of sweet.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, it's better than I wish you had died.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's better than that.
Speaker 1: Dang it that car missed.
Speaker 8: So maybe it's not the way that you wanted the date to go when you envisioned it in your head.
Speaker 3: But there's a chance we can save this.
Speaker 1: You're probably not.
Speaker 2: A boring guy, right, You got lots of cool stuff going on in your life.
Speaker 4: You got quirks, yeah, period.
Speaker 3: I believe that.
Speaker 8: So to think about it, let's call Maggie here in a minute and show her just how exciting and cool and awesome of the person you really are.
Speaker 1: Boring people don't call radio stations.
Speaker 3: No on the cream of the crop the coolest people.
Speaker 8: So we're gonna come back, call Maggie and try to get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 1: Broke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 8: Quick recap if you're just joining us because I don't want to lose Charles again like we have multiple times in the past. Is he met a tattoo artist named Maggie, asked her out to a restaurant, and picked her up at her apartment a little bit late, but it was okay, according to him.
Speaker 1: So I have a theory that he's spaced out in traffic a couple times.
Speaker 2: I didn't think about that, but that's probably why I almost got hit by a car.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it went through like four cycles before he finally decided to go on green. But the awkward part, he says, aside from the moments when he just caught himself staring at her was when he almost got hit by a car on the walk home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the one. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And the last words that she told him before they went separate ways was well, I'm glad you didn't die.
Speaker 3: Mm, which is kind of sweet, I mean, endearing. So it's been three weeks since that date.
Speaker 2: And that's because he hasn't answered our producer's call to come on this show.
Speaker 8: This call is two weeks in the making, and the longer we wait, the more awkward this is going to be.
Speaker 3: So we better just make this call. Charles, are you still on the phone?
Speaker 4: First of all, yeah, I just I hope I didn't blow it.
Speaker 1: It's okay if you did. That's our job is to give you another shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I hope.
Speaker 3: So so let's do this. I'm going to down the number right now. Here we go. Hello, Hey, Maggie, is this Maggie?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Who's this?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Really aggressive? Jeff Sorry I realized, Maggie.
Speaker 8: Sorry I realized I was screaming. No, this is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Hi, Maggie, good morning.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Why are you calling me?
Speaker 8: We've actually been waiting two weeks to make this call. Believe it or not, it sounds worse.
Speaker 1: It's not your fault.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's from a listener that you went on a date with a guy named Charles.
Speaker 5: Oh oh oh okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: This is a little weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we know, I get back.
Speaker 2: Do you remember Charles because you went out three weeks ago it's been a minute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember him?
Speaker 4: What is im?
Speaker 8: Why is that?
Speaker 4: What does it have to do with you guys calling me?
Speaker 8: So what we're doing now is called a second date update, trying to help Charles figure out if there's a chance.
Speaker 3: That maybe the two of you could see each.
Speaker 8: Other again, or if not, if there was something he did wrong on the date that made you lose interest.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good pivot, because that was a weird pause.
Speaker 5: It wasn't like one thing, it was just it was, honestly just kind of a weird date. Okay, okay, Yeah, Like, for example, he was supposed to pick me up from my apartment, and like we agreed on a time and I was like waiting there, it's like he's five minutes, Like he's fifteen minutes late. I look outside my window and he's just like standing outside on the sidewalk.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, he's there the whole time.
Speaker 5: I don't know how long he was there, but it like he was just waiting outside, like he hadn't like texted or said hey I'm here or anything. So finally I called him and I was like, hey, are you here? And he says, yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe you outside, like right when he got.
Speaker 5: Even when I was like, hey, you didn't tell me that you're here, and his response was, well, I was just hoping you'd see me.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's kind of funny. Going up the doors is like answering phones. I hate it. Okay, yeah, but honestly.
Speaker 8: The bottom line is you did eventually go outside and meet him and go out on the date.
Speaker 4: We know that appened.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I went down and you know, we walked to the restaurant and he, you know, he was really polite. He asked me a question. I answered his question, and then it was just like silence. Yeah, And I was like, I literally was like, do I need to reboot this guy? What is going on?
Speaker 8: Or maybe it was something about the question and the answer that really threw him for a loop.
Speaker 5: He said, what color are your eyes?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Looking at you?
Speaker 5: It just was like an immediate conversation stopper. It's like I didn't want to be like what color yours? Because I looked at him.
Speaker 3: Conversation chemistry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like it's the very beginning of the day.
Speaker 2: He's a shy guy, which you had to have gotten that vibe before you even said yes to him, right, So yeah.
Speaker 5: I got quiet, But again I'm like giving him a chance. We get to the restaurant and like sit down, and the first thing he tells the waitress is like she comes to the table and he just immediately starts apologizing for like taking up space.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry, Like I'm sorry, we're here.
Speaker 8: Does the air cost money because I'll happily pay to breathe the same air?
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, And I don't mind shy, but it's like no confidence is a little hard for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, sometimes they say, like the best relationships are when you can just sit in total silence and say nothing to each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The keyword there is comfortable silent.
Speaker 3: I hear you.
Speaker 8: You don't want him to be silent, and we're not going to let him be silent anymore because he has been quietly listening in on.
Speaker 3: This phone call I do need to let you know. Wait yeah, yeah, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Are you serious?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 5: Wow, feeling a little set up here.
Speaker 1: Sorry about that, but that's just I would do something like that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm the shy.
Speaker 8: Boy, Charles, Charles is the masculine guy.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Charles, all right, Charles answered, I'm I'm I'm really am.
Speaker 4: I'm really sorry about this whole thing. I just couldn't do it myself, and so I I will say, I only apologize for the space thing because we were two people taking up before person table.
Speaker 2: Something that okay there.
Speaker 5: But the restaurant it was literally half empty.
Speaker 8: So yeah, probably because they were looking in they're like, oh wow, that table that they're sitting.
Speaker 3: At, that guy's got energy. He's gonna need space. Yeah, I can't go in there.
Speaker 5: I just thought it was a little weird. And then like you asked the waitress if they outsourced their napkins. It just it felt like you were like trying not to talk to me. Uh.
Speaker 4: I was just trying to make small talk and and.
Speaker 1: He's not very good at it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I think she's saying, if you're going to make small talk, maybe make small talk with the person you're on a date with, not with the waitress.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I just I felt like we're trying to like look at anything else at me or talk.
Speaker 4: To anybody else with me.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like this is kind of what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Was such a good description.
Speaker 3: Unplug and plug him back in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I think you're so beautiful that sometimes I just find myself staring and earlier when the radio people were asking me questions about you, I just kind of zoned out because I was thinking about you and your beauty and me being with you and.
Speaker 5: That, I mean, that's very sweet. I guess I think I'm just I don't normally meet guys like you.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad thing.
Speaker 4: Thanks, if you didn't have to say that.
Speaker 8: I feel like we've reached the point in this really riveting conversation for me to jump in real quick and ask if Maggie you'd be interested in going out on another date.
Speaker 3: With Charles, and if you were, we would pay for it.
Speaker 5: Look, I think Charles that you're very sweet, very nice. I don't really think our person analities are very aligned, Like I just I think we're really different. But I do think you're a nice guy, and I do have a younger sisters single. She's very cute. She's way more introverted than me. You guys might be like a better match.
Speaker 1: That's a cute idea.
Speaker 8: What do you think about that, Charles going out with Maggie's younger cute sister.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but don't you think that would be awkward?
Speaker 1: It wouldn't award. I don't think she thinks that, not for me.
Speaker 5: I don't know how would it be awkward for you?
Speaker 4: Like I Thanksgiving, I'm just staring at you all through dinner.
Speaker 1: No, No, you're the one that's making it weird. Yeah, it's stop staring.
Speaker 5: Well, she does look like me, so hopefully you're staring at her. And Thanksgiving is a long ways away, so you.
Speaker 1: Know she's given you a lot of grace this.
Speaker 4: Uh uh okay, Okay, all.
Speaker 8: Right, okay, So I think we're paying a date now for Charles to go out with Maggie's younger sisters.
Speaker 1: Yes, more introverted sister, hopefully.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Charles, I will do this for you.
Speaker 5: But this is like one chance, okay.
Speaker 1: And you can't wait three weeks to call her?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Follow up?
Speaker 4: Okay, I can do it.
Speaker 1: You can do it, okay, Okay, and you're excited.
Speaker 4: I'm excited, all right, all right in a bad way.
Speaker 3: But does he kind of suck energy out of the room?
Speaker 1: Good way of that?
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking, I just think a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's my back because I never think so.
Speaker 1: That's probably why you are literally the opposite of Hosy.
Speaker 4: You are. Thank you so much, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You know what, that call was two weeks in the making.
Speaker 8: We went through a lot of ups and downs, probably more downs than ups, if we're being honest. But at the end of the day, I think we should all be proud of Charles.
Speaker 3: Okay, it took him a lot to fester up the confidence just to call up.
Speaker 2: He's getting a lot of dates, by the way, with attractive women.
Speaker 8: But he's he's clearly a guy who's not comfortable speaking to people one on one.
Speaker 3: Let alone on a national radio show. But he took a risk.
Speaker 8: He put himself out there for this, and what do you know, it paid off. He got a secondary date with the girl's sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine just put it out there. I don't know if I could go through that again. If the second date with the sister doesn't work out.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 3: Imagine both of them.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I am the opposite.
Speaker 8: I hope we do a second date update with him in another three weeks to get back with Maggie's sister.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's just the both of them saying nothing.
Speaker 3: We're going to edit it down.
Speaker 8: That is my dream. But you know what, if you're a good or bad talker, however you talk.
Speaker 1: Take it for sure.
Speaker 3: We yes, we're not bicky. Email the show.
Speaker 8: We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go find all of our second Day podcasts up online wherever you get them at Brooke and Jeffrey