Speaker 1: Hello, Hi there.
Speaker 2: Holy shit?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 2: I'm bug? Is this? Is this the gecko?
Speaker 1: This is the gecko? What's up? Bug? Just a just a bug and a gecko. Hey, be careful or I'll eat you.
Speaker 2: Ha. No, don't do that, don't do that.
Speaker 1: So Bug, what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Would you want to talk about today?
Speaker 2: I'm this is kind of crazy. I don't know if this is all that relatable. But I don't really feel like a person, you know, sometimes I just want to be like, uh, the dog is that real? Is that a real thing people experience?
Speaker 1: Well, you're real and you're experiencing it, so.
Speaker 2: Yes, type ship that's true?
Speaker 1: Actually all right, so you feel like you might be a du here's the thing I've and I know people are gonna want to make this into like a weird furry sex thing because that's just but no, no, no, no, I know, I know, I know, I know. I've also thought about I've thought about this multiple times. This is You're not alone in this. I've looked at dogs. That's a funny thing to say confidently, like it's like you're something you're bragging about. I've looked at dogs, many dogs, and I noticed that. You know, I think people are happiest when they're like in the moment, you know, because if you're depressed, you're like thinking about I mean, you might be depressed thinking about the future or the past. And if you're anxious, you're thinking about the future. But like if you're really like happy, it's when you're doing you're really present. And dogs are like the most their brains like are so they're so stupid that they can't even the future or the past. They just are are. So they're so stupid they can only be exactly where they are and that's why they're always Also, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like puppies literally just get to be like told they're doing a good job every day for like just sitting down. That sounds so easy. Yeah, they can like piss outside and be, oh shit, good job, bro. Like what, I gotta get up at seven am and go to class. I gotta write a paper why no, being a dog is being That sounds so much easier.
Speaker 1: All right, But here's the thing, and I'll put it to you. I'll put it to you like this. Actually, I was debating with my friend the other day about whether or not it would be easier, like whether or not it would be easier to be dead. I think I talked about this on the podcast too, whether or not to be easier to be dead, And this is kind of feels like a similar argument it'd be easier to be a dog. But I think ultimately it's probably more rewarding to be a human being. You have access to a greater breadth of life experience as a human than as a dog. Do you not agree with that?
Speaker 2: Sometimes? But I guess I don't really go out much. I'm kinda I'm kind of a homebody. I sort of just smoke lead and play video games. So I'm enjoying. Am I enjoying my experience?
Speaker 1: And are you experience?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm still doing it, so I guess so. But like, I feel like there's got to be more, right?
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 2: I'm twenty?
Speaker 1: What more do you desire for there to be?
Speaker 2: I don't even like anything? What the fuck? What more could? Like? Don't people? Don't people fall in love at some point? Like? Isn't there stuff to do? I ain't never had no job. I'm twenty years old. I never had a job. That's crazy, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's very funny to me that when I asked you what more there is to life? You said all things that are human things, right.
Speaker 2: Like dogs?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah yeah, but you're talking about like romance, You're talking about like romantic love. I assume you're talking about romantic love. I don't think dogs feel romantic love. They feel like familial love, and they certainly get very horny and they fuck each other, but they I don't think that they like like that. Like no dog has ever, like, you know, written a poem about a woman that he's in love with, you know, like dog. I don't think dogs experience of that kind of love. They just get horny. And a lot of humans as well also have not experienced that kind of love and also just get horny. But that feels like a human thing. And then jobs, Some dogs have jobs, but most don't. So the things that you're talking about wanting more out of your life are they're human things right right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Dogs can't even smoke weed and play video games. So your life experience would be if you think you're not getting enough out of life right now, if you're sitting here going is this all there is? I mean, if you're a dog, imagine all the things that you're doing right now. Imagine all the things you're doing right now, being like is this all there is? And then you know, get rid of at least twelve of them and you probably have like five things as a dog you can you can do like five things.
Speaker 2: That's actually I never thought about that like that. I wouldn't be able to do. Wow. Actually, thank you you opened my eyes to a lot of shit today.
Speaker 1: So think about it like this. Everything that you're doing, smoking weed, playing video games, having a conversation with me right now, going on Reddit and looking at bugs and shit, all those things, those are all everything. Everything you are. You're on Reddit, everything that you're doing is don't lie and say you're not on ready, you're a redular. Everything that you're doing is an amazing thing. Outside of that, like a like to a dog, all the like, like you're fantasizing about this like human life that doesn't exist where you go like Walter Midi mode and you're, you know, living the all these crazy experiences. But to a dog, you're Walter Midty. You're living the crazy life, getting high and playing video games right right, right right now, Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something, even crazier bug? Okay, all right, so we've established that getting high, playing video games and going on Reddit and having conversations with other people is like a crazy experience. Mm hmm get this if you wanted to, if you wanted to, it could get even crazier, even crazier, crazier. Well, I don't know, I mean, what do you what do you want? How do you want it to be crazy?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: What? What's what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What? What makes it crazier? How does it get crazier? Like? How do I? How do I improve this? If I'm if I can't, if I can't be a dog, or if being a dog is a step down, then where do I go? What do I? How do I expand you know, what do I do?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Well you want to fall in love? Right?
Speaker 2: Facts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you should probably get ripped? That would help.
Speaker 2: Why do you what?
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 2: What is this idea that I'm on Reddit that I'm not like? What what do you?
Speaker 1: What is hold on? I didn't infer hold on? Maybe you know what? You're right? I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I I shouldn't have assumed that you're not already ripped.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I'm not, but it's let's find though.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Okay, you should get ripped. That's one.
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 1: What else? All right? You want to fall in love? All right, you'll get ripped and fall in love. All right, we've done that. What else? What do you want to do? You want to climb a mountain? Do you wanna go to China? What else is going on with you? What do you want to do?
Speaker 2: Climbing a mountain sounds kind of fun. Actually, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like that might be dangerous, so you gotta get ripped to do that too.
Speaker 2: Do I have to get ripped to go to China?
Speaker 1: You do not have to get ripped to go to China.
Speaker 2: Right, I'll be I'll be fat in China.
Speaker 1: You can be fat in China. That sounds fun, dude.
Speaker 2: They got good food too. Like I feel like I could just be fat in China and then smoke weed and get fatter in China.
Speaker 1: You know we've been talking. Uh see, you're a dog, all right, China. There's dogs in China. But no, if if you were, like if you were a dog in America, you could not of your own will go get fat and smoke weed? In China. I'm pretty sure if you smoke weed in China, they'll put you in jail for like thirty years.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, because we'd like super legal and like that's.
Speaker 1: Like they probably probably I have no idea. But see, if you were a dog, you couldn't go be fat and go to China. I mean, if you're you'd be at the behest of another of a human being taking you there. And I would say ninety nine point nine percent of dogs living in America have never been to China.
Speaker 2: That's probably true. I'd agree, No, you're probably right about that.
Speaker 1: So have I can? I feel like I don't. I feel like I've successfully convinced you that it's better to be a human than a dog.
Speaker 2: I think I'm I'm starting to realize that being a huge men might be the higher life one. Yeah, I'm starting to see it.
Speaker 1: All Right, So you're gonna go get fat in China and you're gonna come back and get ripped and fall in love because that's two things you want? More? You want more things? How many more things you want?
Speaker 2: I'm I just want. I just want to fall in love right now. Honestly, I feel like falling in love might fix me. Mm, but I I thought being a dog would fix me. And then I called you, and now I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think being in love will fix you? You know, I don't know. I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna I'm gonna get vulnerable with you for a second about with this, because it's an interesting I think a lot of people think of that, and I avoided that for a while, and I was like, oh, I'm going to just dive into you know, the whole thing. Well, I mean, you're I think you're in a point where you should explore yourself because I mean going from I think not wanting to be a dog would fix you more than falling in love, you know what I'm saying. But I was gonna say, I think falling in love, I think is a nice I don't know. I don't know. I used to I used to think it was like an accessorate of life. But I do think it's an integral life thing. But there's all sorts of integral life things, and falling in love is just one of them. So you can't just fall in love and then have the rest of your life be like dog shit and then like that's usually lean on that because then you're fucked. You know, falling in love is part of a complete breakfast of life, you know.
Speaker 2: Right right right? That makes sense? Do you think if I was a villain I would be better? Like if I was if I was a U, if I turned to crime to spice up my life? If I turn to something like you know I said earlier. I don't know if you heard me when I said this, but I said I never had a job and not twelve years of life. If I turned to something like dealing weed instead of smoking it, do you think I could?
Speaker 5: Do?
Speaker 2: You think that might be fulfilling?
Speaker 1: What are you fucking talking about?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to like figure out like you said, that being in love won't.
Speaker 3: Figure being a dog?
Speaker 1: Why are the two? Why are the three things in your Why are the three things in your mind what will fix you? Why are the three things in your mind that will fix you being a dog, falling in love and dealing weed? How did you arrive those three?
Speaker 3: Love?
Speaker 2: Money, love, and and and what do dogs get? They get praise?
Speaker 1: Dogs can't. Dogs can't deal with fall, Dogs can't deal weed or fall in love. They can't do either of those things, but they receive love. You can receive love as a human being.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't.
Speaker 1: So your friends, I have kind of.
Speaker 2: Kind friends are friend That's a weird concept. I don't really know what friends are.
Speaker 1: You do not know what friends are? Tell me, tell me more what you mean by that.
Speaker 2: I think that I really struggle keeping people close. I'm not really good at like opening up to people or being myself around people. I'm also a Gemini and I I have a really bad tendency of adopting other people's personalities.
Speaker 1: And that is that an astrology thing? That's a this? Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna get some flag for this. But one thing I don't like. I don't like astrology because and I'm by the way you seem like you do. So I'm open to being wrong. You can fill me in with your take on my take. I'm open to that, but I don't like. One thing I don't like about astrology is that I don't like the idea that it becomes like a self fulfilling prophecy. Do you know what I'm saying? Like you go on a website and it goes, hey, because you were born at this time, you're an asshole and then you go, oh, I must be an asshole because I was born at this time. Or it's like, because you were born at this time, you don't know how to talk to people that well. And you're like, oh, all right, I guess that's true. And it's like becomes a like what you think about yourself kind of like your thoughts become reality, you know what I mean? Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of like you manifest all the negative shit right right right.
Speaker 1: And I don't believe in manifestation in like a like a woo woo way, but in this terms of like, oh, if you read something on the internet that says that because the moon is a certain way, you don't know how to make friends, that you and you just repeat that in your brain. You like, that becomes kind of like a part of your uh self belief, you know. Yeah, But I mean it's fun. I guess it's it's fun. It's fun looking at stars and ship But anyway, I don't I didn't mean to take away from your personal life experience to shit on astrology. What else? What else do you? All right? Can I ask you this? What have you taken away anything from this conversation that is remotely positive.
Speaker 2: That I should go to the gym and probably stop thinking so negatively. That's good, but like, yeah, no, yeah, yeah that's it.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna get off at it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm not on it, like I bet. I still don't understand where that came from. I was never on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole thing. Well, I guess I just I hope, I hope you're not like you don't. I know you're all right. I'm gonna sound lame, but you're you're let Your life is so precious. Why would you want to give it away to be a stupid fucking dog?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: By the way, okay, let me by the way, if I can, just if I can do, if I can tell you one final thing that would persuade you against being a dog? Can I tell you this?
Speaker 2: Hmm?
Speaker 1: If you were what kind of dog would you want to be?
Speaker 2: Just real quick, I haven't thought about it that fucking much. I don't fucking know a cool one.
Speaker 1: If you were a dog. If you were a dog, you would be dead as shit right now. There's no twenty year old dog.
Speaker 3: He'd be dead.
Speaker 2: That is sick.
Speaker 1: Wait, why so next time you see a dog, I would just I just if we can get anything from this conversation. I just wanted to be the next time you see a dog. Instead of being like, oh I wish I was a dog, just be like that dog's a fucking loser. He has no idea how awesome it is to be a human being, get high and play video games and go to China.
Speaker 2: That sounds so sad.
Speaker 1: As I said, no.
Speaker 2: I don't want to think about a dog like that.
Speaker 1: Think about a dog like what, like that.
Speaker 2: Dog is a loser. I don't think any dogs are a loser.
Speaker 1: Some dogs are. I mean, listen, I think I think you. I think you have a cooler life than most dogs, or at minimum, you have the potential to have a cooler life than most dogs.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure do.
Speaker 1: You do you accept that ideology?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like I don't think a dog is a loser like I don't. I just think dogs, like I feel like they're just innocent little creatures.
Speaker 1: Innocent little creatures who contribute nothing to the economy or society. I'm not gonna say the economy.
Speaker 2: Because money is so real and important, but anywhere. Thank you, Gick, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: This therapy session, of course, bug is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer. Actually, you know, you know what? You know what dogs do contribute to the sure? Why not? They contribute to it? They contribute to the economy. I mean, I'll say this cartoon, dogs contribute to the economy because people there's a lot of Family Guys shirts with Brian on them that people sell, So I'll categorize that as dogs contributing to the economy. Bug, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer Before we go?
Speaker 2: Everyone should pack a bowl or roll a joint And if you don't have papers, go to the corner store right now and buy someone Yeah, thanks, see it. This is a fern called bye Bye bug.
Speaker 1: Dogs can't roll see bug. Dogs can't roll joints. They have little they have little little pause. Hey folks, this is Lyle. I am very excited to announce that I am going back on tour in twenty twenty four to do Therapy Gecko live all across the country. If you've never been to one of my live shows before, they are extremely fun, unpredictable, wild evenings that involve a mix of group gecko therapy sessions as well as some material and presentations from myself, and if you've been to the show before, I have new presentations and will of course be interviewing new people. If you're a fan of the podcast, you're gonna have a great time at the live show. So I hope to see you guys there. Go to Therapy Gecko Tour or check the link in the episode description for a full list of cities where tickets are available. Also, if you don't see your city on the list of cities, please still click the link and RSVP with your phone number so I can contact you when tickets go on sale for your city, because I'm going to announce a bunch more dates very soon. Geck Bluss, Hi, what's your name?
Speaker 5: Oh hey, Severa, nice to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Actually, Severa. What's going on, Doug?
Speaker 5: I am just waiting out like the last half hour of work. I just got done, snake in a drain and just waiting to go home.
Speaker 1: Severa, you said to you texted me and you said, I want to chat about the infinite checkerboard? What the hell is?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, So from my life and my memories, I've got about three points right, three different sections. There's my adult memories, my childhood into being six months old memories, and then there's like a block of memories before that. And the only way that I can describe it is it sort of starts out with like this giant ring of light and there's something or somebody standing there and I'm standing there too, and then I start moving backwards, like along my life, watching all of the things that I've done from a different perspective and a different angle.
Speaker 3: Right, dude, you are.
Speaker 1: The most esoteric man in Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: Possibly possibly everybody that I tell this to sort of react a little bit the same way. But it's like it's just one of those things that sits inside of my brain and it makes me question sort of how everything is, because it's like, how is it possible for me to have memories like this in a world that people say, oh, it's this religion or it's that religion, or people say, oh it's it's mechanical, it's stupid, you know, there's nothing, it's just happenstance and stuff. It's like, okay, but then how do I run into this?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Because like so it goes from that to sort of all of that stuff. Memories become the big jumble and it's sort of like a panic attack, but on a galactic scale. And then it becomes clear and I, whatever or whoever I am at that time, I'm a sphere with a mouth and no eyes. And I just realized that I've been narrating everything that's been happening inside me, like someone were to narrate every single action that goes on in a universe, right, And I start looking around, and I noticed that there are other shapes, other three dimensional shapes, that are talking and doing the same thing I was doing. And they are all in their own little square, a black square and a red square. And as I start to look out, I'm like, holy crap, it's just an infinite checkerboard, almost, with an infinite number of these different shapes and different colors, all doing the same exact thing, which is just narrating everything that's going on inside of them. And I turned to this pink sphere.
Speaker 1: Yet I can't decide if I would be more likely to run into you on a pickleball court or under a bridge.
Speaker 5: Honestly, probably both. I like to hang out all places as much as I can, you know, go see what pickleball is, try that out, but also hang under a bridge because there's usually not to a lot of people there, and grow walks into the water.
Speaker 1: No, continue, I want to hear the rest of this.
Speaker 6: Hell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I looked through this pink sphere and I'm guessing it's a sheet because as I understand now that she sounded them and she's doing the same thing I'm doing, and I'm just like, hey, don't you think it's kind of weird that every single one of us is a three dimensional shape just talking about stuff that's going on inside of us? And then she got upset and basically told me to shut the hell up and then went back to doing what she was doing. And from that point, I guess I kind of like uprooted and became free, for lack of a better word, Right, and then I'm just sort of floating and there's no coherency and there's no consistency, and there's no like nothing that we experience now. And the way that I know this is as whatever this experiences I'm going through is continuing. I'm kind of floating down this what could almost be perceived as a river, and then in the middle in front of me, this window opens up and suddenly there's a bicycle, and that is the most profound thing that I think I felt from them, because it's like, in whatever this is in a place where the concept of concept, time, physicality, whatever doesn't exist, there's something that is constant and it has a name, and I know it has a name, and I have no idea how I know what this thing is. And then from there it's like more of these little windows, and there's like a sailboat and another thing and another thing, and then it sort of just goes dark. And then from there is when my first memory starts at six months old of my dad, my birthgiver, moving from one house to the other. And at first I thought, oh, I just dreamed that, but then I was talking to my dad about it and describing the vehicle that I saw and everything that was sticking out of it and where we were, and he was like, yeah, you were six months old and we were leaving the house we were living at the time to move to somewhere else. And I just needed to tell somebody who's not in like my associated friend group or anything, because I usually get the same response from them, and it's just sort of a shrug and I, Okay, cool, whatever that's just you, right, But I'm like, I don't know what it is. Nobody has the ability it seems to give me any kind of answers whatsoever, you know. But all I know is that it sort of colored my perception on what life in existence is because it's like, Okay, what am I really then? If that is in my brain, that is a system of memories I had, and I had no access to drugs or anything at the time. But also, how is it that I can be understanding English and understanding this is English when I possibly hadn't been born into a society that even spoke the language in the first place.
Speaker 1: You kind of sound like a white Kanye West.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I should be assaulted by that, but that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I am I I was too busy thinking of different jokes to make about you two. Really fully understand everything that you were just saying to me. But let me think here, let me think here. What's your name again?
Speaker 5: Severa.
Speaker 1: By the way, Saveria, you seem like a nice You seem like a really nice guy. I mean that you seem like a nice guy. You seem like a nice guy. I do mean that Holy Ship I'm so sorry. I have I have I I I'm gonna tell you right now, I can't help you. I'm just gonna put that out there. I can't help you. But uh ship, uh well you saw it. Yeah, I mean this, You're you're the therapy gotto. You're beyond me in this point and this is and this is probably this is Unfortunately the problem that you you're gonna have with this is that you're gonna explain and maybe people are going to be listening to this and they're going to be like, Lyle, you're just stupid and you didn't you didn't actually listen to them, which might be a little bit true. But maybe that's the problem, is that everyone you go to to try to get make some sense of this is just like, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about right now? Yeah, but uh yeah, I thought I'm gonna say it was okay. Let me, can I ask you some simple questions and get some simple answers? Yeah, okay, everything you just talked to me about, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it good?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 5: The thing so, the experience itself was phenomenal. I guess what I'm experiencing is I grew up in a very I grew up in Texas, right, so a very like Christian dominated place. And so for a while, that was my view of the universe, you know, being terrified at all times that if I messed up or made a mistake and didn't beg for forgiveness on my knees, that I was going to go suffering for all each right. And then as time went by and I got out of that, suddenly it became more spiritualist, you know, like a Eastern thing brought over to the West and Alan wattson all that good stuff. And now it's sort of like I don't know what to expect or what to think on what life is or how it arranges itself. But the only thing I know is I have been told all of my life that it's this way or it's that way. It's very frigid and very you know, but.
Speaker 1: No, it's anything. That's anything, It's anything, yeah, exactly, all right, all right, so all right, so enough with this, enough with all the bullshit stuff, all right, So tell me this. I'm so sorry, I don't remember anyone's name. I'm gonna call you Greg. Greg. Enough with this? What do you like? Tell me this? Okay, and let's get out of get out of the esoteric nonsense for me for a second. I promise I'm not saying that just to be dismissive. This is this is a purpose. Reason I want you to get out of the esoteric nonsense for a second is because, Okay, you've come to all of this stuff, and you went and you saw dragons, you went to ze thorough. You're there. Okay, So tell me now, Greg, what in the physical universe are you going to do with this information where you just discovered that life can be however you desire it to be. What will you do with this information?
Speaker 2: Greg?
Speaker 1: That's what I want.
Speaker 5: I am going to continue on my plan to move to Washington State so that I can open a gay little cafe called The Place, so that people can have a place they can go to twenty four hours a day, six days a week to just sit down and relax.
Speaker 1: Love it. Love a gay little twenty four hour cafe.
Speaker 5: Love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. Oh my god, I love It's hilarious how much science fiction stuff it took you to get there to be like I should open up a cafe. But I'm glad. I'm glad that sounds like that's a great goal. That's great.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna call it?
Speaker 5: The place?
Speaker 1: The yeah, the place, the place to play? I'm stupid, I I you said that, you're good? When when are you going to do this?
Speaker 5: My last day where I work now is next Friday, and then I'm moving back to my hometown to save up money to hopefully in six months. I eat about five thousand to move up there with a friend, so six months at the most of the projection.
Speaker 1: Very cool, all right? I love this, by the way, I hold on. I know I was making fun of you this whole time, but I actually love this because it is like, because that's the thing, right is there anyone can have a crazy spiritual experience. But for me, it's about like, okay, what in the real world, Like do you come out of that with a significant plan of action for your day to day life? And you have and you have a plan. So I'm stoked for you. This is awesome, man, Thanks for sharing you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Like, to be honest, it's I'll hang up here just a sec because I gotta a clock out. But it's been really hard my own way, you know, just I don't want to get too much into it. It's just been really, really difficult, and for the first time in twenty five years, I'm at this point where I'm like, Oh, it's okay for me to do the things that I want to do just because I want to do them.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that. That's good and all. It took a checkerboard.
Speaker 5: Yep, I'm right. Some people it's having a discussion with somebody they respect, and other people it's I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 1: Greg, Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go. I know you got to go clock out. I want to give you a chance to talk beforehand.
Speaker 5: Yes, Actually, to anybody listening if you are in college right now, as a maintenance worker, hygiene products and wipeies do not go down the toilet. I know it says flushable, but that's a technicality because a human body can hold a knife. But that doesn't mean it's supposed to go there. All that's going to happen is it's going to claw your toilets, and your maintenance guys are going to have to deal with it.
Speaker 1: You have just entered the top five of most specific answers to that final question that I have heard.
Speaker 5: That is a wonderful top five to be a part of that. I'm very happy about that.
Speaker 1: Hey, take care, Greg, good luck, good luck. Hope to visit the place one day next time I'm in Washington.
Speaker 5: I hope so too. And if if you're there, give you.
Speaker 1: A discount, beautiful take care, man, tell you you doube bye. I love anything. I love a thing where I love any call where my clarity you know, occurs on a spectrum, right Because for there's a good amount of time talking to that guy. I just had no idea what he was talking about, and followed by an amount of time where I felt deeply connected to him and what he was talking about. So that's that's a sign of a good conversation.
Speaker 2: Yo u yo yo.
Speaker 1: What it's good bro, Not much man, what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Just at work right now? It's good with you. I work for a health system and uh I like drive around and like pick up blood samples. Uh sometimes body parts uh stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah what what body parts?
Speaker 3: Like A lot of cancer patients that like get like uh like the breast removed. Uh. So I picked up like a lot of breast diabetics when they get their legs cut off. I've like shoved uh like all this stuff in the back of the prius and like, uh you know, uh yeah, it's that's pretty dope.
Speaker 1: So you're you're driving around in a prius with tits and legs. Yeah, what do you do with that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Uh? I drop them off at a an unspecified location and they run.
Speaker 1: Tests on them what kind of tests and.
Speaker 3: Then like you know, like diagnosis, like oh, like mainly they're just like samples of the breast and stuff. So then like there's uh, these like histologists here like like look at it and be like, oh, yeah, well you have like cancer or whatever. And then yeah, but like that's like way beyond me. I'm just the guy who, uh who transports them in a prius.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Uh why you just jam them and you just have like a tit flopping around in the in the trunk of your prius.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, pretty much. They're they're all like in in uh like containers and uh in biohazard bags and everything. But I mean underneath like the bah, I just drive around like tits swopping around in the back of the breeze.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool. See people will call see you know, some people they'll see you driving the Prius and they'll be like, huh, that guy's laying but little do they know he has tits in his trunk.
Speaker 3: Exactly, bro exactly And like, you know, you'd never never judge someone based off the priests And I'm gonna lie, they're pretty dope. It's like driving a little go kart, to be honest. I mean, they don't really go too fast, but yeah, you drive as well.
Speaker 1: I drove a Prius in high school and uh, I got into an accident. Oh yeah, I got into an accident and I was like on the side of the road and my Prius was like totaled and I was just kind of standing there waiting for like vehicles to come and this guy, uh drives past me and he yells out his window and he goes that's what you get for driving a Prius.
Speaker 3: It's pretty fun that that is. That is hilarious. There's a lot of people that treat you differently on the road, especially for driving a Prius.
Speaker 1: How So, in what way do you feel that people treat you differently?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, just like the same thing that you just described a little bit but like, I don't know, there's there's a lot of like diesel trucks where I where I am, and uh, like a lot of them will just like drive by and just blow like black smoke all over the car and ship, and you know, and then like you know, people will just like swarve in try to cut you off because they think that you're like I don't know, they think less of you because you drive a Prius or something. But questions were you dressed, were you in were you like in a costume when you totaled your prius? Because I can totally see you, like in the Gecko costume, like standing on the side of the highway.
Speaker 1: Why would I have been in the Gecko costume when I was when I was driving the Prius, I had no idea that I would when I was when this I was. I was like seventeen when this happened. I don't think I had no idea that I would be in a Gecko costume eight years later.
Speaker 3: Well, if you had to do it back in time, would you would you do it again but be in a Gecko costume?
Speaker 1: No, definitively would say I would not.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Now, have you ever worried about like what would happen if you got into an accident and like all the all theos and legs fell out of your car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was thinking about that because like I do think about that quite often, because like people don't really stop around here, so like if I'm just sitting at a red light, there's like people that come up like super hot behind me and like all the all the specimens and stuff like in the trunk. So like I don't know this one time I was driving around and I like kind of just imagine getting rear ended with a left leg like in my in my pass in like the trunk, and then it gets hit and it goes like flying through the windshield. And then I could see that happening, and then you know what I mean, and it just like makes this like huge dramatic thing out of like nothing, because like I would be fine, but like there would just be a leg like in the windshield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that. That's like a final destination type of death. I could see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely definitely.
Speaker 1: Was always Was it always your dream to transport body parts or was there something else that you wanted to do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well kind of, I mean I've always kind of wanted to work in healthcare, and then this kind of just like happened upon me. So it kind of worked out, and it was like a good way to get my foot in the door.
Speaker 1: Here, get your foot in the door, and get some other people's feet in your door too.
Speaker 3: In the windshield, in the windshield, in the windshield.
Speaker 1: Is this considered work? I don't know, to demean your job? Is this considered working in healthcare?
Speaker 3: Technically yes, it's like it's considered non clinical, but it's still like in the same environment. And uh, you know, I look at it in terms of networking like I you know, I have a lot of network connections and stuff that I can make and have made and stuff like that. So yeah, I can I do consider it. Now.
Speaker 1: I'm curious about this, and and this is the last thing I'll ask you, and you don't have If it's too sensitive of a subject, you don't have to answer it. But have you ever been approached buy the mafia looking to intercept your vehicle to sell your tits on the black market?
Speaker 3: No? I haven't, But now that you point that out, I'm gonna keep a good eye on that because I never would have even thought about that gek. That's that's amazing. Sure, I hope that actually, I actually hope that does happen. That'd be kind of cool. I would get in like a high speed chase, like they would obviously have like faster cars than me, but you know, I can just whip the go cart like it'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I don't think a Prius is the first choice for a police chase.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be the police would be in the mafia.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, the mafia. Well, I know you could. You could throw That would be a good scene because you could take a leg and like throw it from behind them and it would like go into the windshield and they'd crash and the car would explode.
Speaker 3: That would be awesome. That'd be that'd be pretty sweet. And then I could take like little blood vials and just throw them out the window like your names.
Speaker 1: Right, Like it's like oil that they're that they're they're slipping and sliding.
Speaker 3: On they're slipping and sliding.
Speaker 1: This is it's just like Mario Kart that we're doing. That we're doing exceptance with human body parts and blood. It's like Mario Kart, but gross.
Speaker 3: The graphic Mario Kart the leg would be the blueeshell.
Speaker 1: What's your name again, sir?
Speaker 3: Uh, my name is uh Ladder.
Speaker 1: That's not your real name, right, No, that is my real name. Okay you Okay. He's sounded like he just looked and saw a ladder and picked that as your fake name.
Speaker 3: L E d R No, l A d d e R.
Speaker 1: That's cool. What kind of name is that?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Honestly, I think my parents are tripping when they named me or something. But you know, it is kind of cool because I can kind of stretch my arms out like mister Elastic a little bit whenever someone needs a ladder. It was a true gift from the universe.
Speaker 1: You're a cool guy, Ladder always always? Is there anything else? Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: Keep watching the stream and if you ever want to talk to Gek himself, you just got to blow up the text message line. Anyways, have a good one, gak.
Speaker 1: A youtwo Ladder. Take care by get those body parts to their final destination safely.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi, what's your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Juniper?
Speaker 1: Juniper. What's up, Juniper? Have we ever spoken before? Juniper?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: This is actually my.
Speaker 1: First time cool. I feel like I spoke to a Juniper. There's not a lot of people. Do you ever go about June, Junie? Juniper? What's up?
Speaker 3: How at?
Speaker 1: How can I get you today? Juniper?
Speaker 4: Okay, so am I then asshole for sending money for my ex boyfriend's favorite streamer to cuss him out?
Speaker 1: You sent money to your ex boyfriend's favorite streamer to cuss him out?
Speaker 4: Yes, was just that psychotic who's.
Speaker 1: Your ex boyfriend's favorite streamer?
Speaker 4: I honestly don't even remember, but it was like a like not even a really popular one.
Speaker 1: How long ago is this?
Speaker 4: I want to say about like a year ago?
Speaker 1: Okay, why did you do it?
Speaker 4: Because he was kind of a gas lighting piece of shit speed my language. He would like, I smoke weed, so like he would call me a druggie and he would say, like I also have ADHD and he would say that that doesn't exist. That's all in your head, all this all this personal nasty uh crap about me and that uh that I would like never amount to anything pretty much just because I smoked wheat and that I am an addict.
Speaker 1: How long? How long were you dating this guy for?
Speaker 4: About two years.
Speaker 1: Okay? Was he like that the whole time?
Speaker 4: Not in the beginning. We had an argument about having ships one time and pretty much yeah, no, he was just like, no, I gotta besectomy. I don't want that ship. And I was like, well, you couldn't tell me that in the beginning type thing.
Speaker 1: When you said you paid his favorite streamer to custom out, what did you What did you exactly pay him to say?
Speaker 4: I told him to call him basically a piece of narcissistic ship.
Speaker 1: Okay, And when he did, how did that? How did that feel for you?
Speaker 4: The streamer didn't do it, he was funded my money. But I had a good chuckle that you even mentioned it.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you an asshole? I don't like? I don't like. Am I the asshole? I don't. I'm not a I'm not god. But uh, I guess I'll ask you this. So this was a year ago, right, yes? Is there any reason other than just like, oh, this would be a fun thing to talk about on here that this is like bubbling in your brain?
Speaker 4: Not exactly. I just needed an unbiased opinion about it, because like I told my friends about it, and they were just like they were just telling me, Oh, You're just toxic. You're being toxic, and I'm just like you just mentally gas lit me. So how am I the toxic one?
Speaker 1: Well, it's forget about like toxic for a second. It's like like looking at it from an expenditure of energy standpoint, right, like paying this guy to cuss out. But like, okay, if it's like if this guy, you know, hurt you by calling you all these things and you want to you just and it's just like a fucking life suck for you, and you want to minimize the collateral damage that you receive from this life sucking.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: The expenditure of energy at of paying his the streamer to cuss him out, in my opinion, does not contribute to that goal, And that's more important to me than whether or not you're an asshole or toxic. Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Yeah a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So oh go ahead, No, you go ahead.
Speaker 4: I think I think at the time I was up that and bitter because I basically wasted like two years on this guy, like I've spent. He was unemployed for the longest time, so I would be paying his bills, I would be you know, basically giving him the toilet paper to wipe his shit off. So like, yeah, I you know, smoke weed a little bit, but so what so he had to like throw that back in my face. I don't know. Maybe it was just at the time, I just wanted to get even. But now that I think about it, as you put it in a little bit perspective, it was kind of like a waste of energy. But I don't.
Speaker 1: Regret it, right, And there's no need to regret it, because regretting it is is like I mean, you can like learn from it and be like, all right, in the future, I will I will recognize what certain things might be poor expenditures of energy, which is, by the way, tough because sometimes sometimes you want to feel like vindicated, you know, and it's an emotional like it's an emotional decision, right, and yeah, sometimes and that's that's that's just that's just something you never learn. I'm not gonna say it's something you never learned, but like how to not make emotional decisions because you realize logically that they're poor expenditures of energy, but just in the moment they just feel so good. It takes you about I don't know, it's a hard lesson to learn, you know it. Really you have to be like a fucking Buddhist monk to master that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I can't be a Buddhist monk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you probably couldn't smoke weed if you smoked it, if you were a Buddhist monk. Unless if No, those guys don't smoke weed.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 1: They definitely don't smoke weed.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I work in like the cannabis field, so like him, like basically saying like that was basically saying, Oh my my career so far was basically a waste of my time. And I picked pride in my worst ethic. So to say that kind of like just disrespecting me. I guess. So I just wanted to disrespect him back.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, men suck sometimes not all.
Speaker 1: But some how's your life going now?
Speaker 2: Honestly?
Speaker 4: I just got a promotion and he apparently is on welfare and apparently homeless.
Speaker 1: How'd you hear that?
Speaker 4: Just through the grape vine. I mean, I'm taking it with a grain or like a grain of salt, But from how I know how he is, I wouldn't be surprised because I know he was going to court because his apartment building. Was trying to a victim.
Speaker 1: Are you are you dating anyone new now or are you chilling chilling single for now?
Speaker 4: I don't feel it like right now, I don't. I am in a point in my life where I'm just like I don't want to talk anybody. I just want to like figure myself out. I feel like it wouldn't do justice for me and other people.
Speaker 1: Uh, you sound like you're doing great.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you?
Speaker 1: You do. You sound like you're doing great. That's you you. That was a very confident, mentally healthy status report that you gave.
Speaker 4: I try to be you know you just you take one day at a time.
Speaker 1: You don't remember this streamer, No.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately I don't. Well I would have to go back on Twitch to look for Amazon or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll say this, while I do think it's an it is a waste of energy to, you know, pay a streamer to cuss out your boyfriend. If you want to give me fifty dollars, I will cuss out anyone you want. Really.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually literally just found your stream this morning. I found your Instagram and I was like, oh, I gotta I gotta subscribe or please follow.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, well, what's your name again, Juniper? Jennifer Jennifer. Is anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: No, I want to leave in a healing air, so I'm not gonna say anything bad. And I just want to say thank you for letting me invent about it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely have aggress to the night.
Speaker 4: Juniper, Thank you, have a good one. Bye.
Speaker 1: This was fifty too low or too high? Here's the thing, me cussing out somebody is now is worth zero dollars. But oh all right, how about this? You can pay me a dollar and I'll compliment someone or maybe should I should? Should I make the insults higher price or the compliments higher priced? I like the idea. Actually, this is interesting. I like the idea of cameo. But it's to send mean, horrible messages to people Like cameo. But you can pay John Taffer to call your boyfriend a piece of shit? Someone should make that That's a good idea. Hello, folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this, I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast that you can listen to by becoming a premium member of Therapy Gecko over at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes. They get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, they get recordings from my live shows, members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode.
Speaker 6: I'm honestly traumatized.
Speaker 1: Why are you trying to in my mouth?
Speaker 6: Dog peed in my mouth?
Speaker 1: Tell me more about that.
Speaker 6: So I work at an animal daycare place and a new dog came.
Speaker 2: I went to pick them up.
Speaker 6: I'm six four, I'm a little tall, and I picked him up. You just sprayed it right down the back of my throat. Tasted at all? It was awful.
Speaker 2: It was awful.
Speaker 1: Do you still remember what it tastes like?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's uh, you know those uh, those chocolate oranges. I usually get him on Christmas. I don't know if anyone else does, but a little bit that orange chocolate and pennies like coins. Yeah, make sure of that. Not too great.
Speaker 1: Well, it's weird because you kind of like did you open your mouth, like where you like where you were. You surprised, You were like, oh what a dolt, what a cool dog? And you just had your mouth open.
Speaker 6: It was like an open mouth smile because I was, you know, I was excited. It's a little puppy, and I guess he was a little more excited.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a premium member at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com, or find the link in the episode description that's therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say.
Speaker 3: Really goes on the line making your phone calls every night.
Speaker 1: Therapy can goes to a side's teaching you aloud in.
Speaker 2: Them of your life.
Speaker 3: Money's not ready, an expert