Speaker 1: When did everyone start wearing underwear as pants? Now, don't get me wrong, I like when people are wearing sexy outfits. I mean, Megan Fox has rocked that like none other. I mean, we've got the j lo Versace dress and we had Elizabeth Hurley safety Pin Versace dress. Like I'm all for looking hot. I just don't know when underwear became pants. This like briefs with tights.
Speaker 2: Look and.
Speaker 1: Gaga I saw years ago at Mark Burnett's house and she was wearing a white T shirt and I believe she was wearing fishnets and she was wearing like underwear as pants or a bodysuit, and she nailed it and she landed it. I'm sure it's something Madonna did years ago. In fact, I think I remember it probably like in a course it, you.
Speaker 2: Know, one piece body suit.
Speaker 1: But like some people are unicorns and can land it, Madonna can land it. Gaga landed it and sort of started it. From my perspective, the first person I ever saw do that was Lady Gaga. And you are fashion experts and will correct me and tell me you know the cave woman that first started this trend.
Speaker 2: I don't know for a fact.
Speaker 1: I just know that the first human being that I ever saw wearing stockings and briefs as pants or the bottom portion of an outfit was Lady Gaga at Mark Burnett's house and it landed and she looked amazing.
Speaker 2: And it's very her.
Speaker 1: But like non Lady Gaga type people that are now wearing it, it just looks very forced.
Speaker 2: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: This is the thing about fashion, and I just really want to talk about it because Anna Wintour wears the same necklaces, you know, more than once, and she's had the same.
Speaker 2: Hairstyle, and she dresses.
Speaker 1: She has beautiful clothes, but she's not performative in the way she's dressing. It's not like a circus. She's not sort of just trying to show how fashionable she is. And she's the most influential person in fashion, not even one of she is the most influential person in fashion.
Speaker 2: And I always bring.
Speaker 1: This up because Tom Ford said that he didn't like when people wear like his whole outfit that you saw on the runway, and you see a lot of this type of stuff on Housewives, where like everyone's wearing the whole entire outfit and all the letters and everything and sometimes it lands and overall like so sometimes you'll see forced fashion in different areas, and you do see it at the Metcal Like I don't like when fashion is thirsty, like when it's like, Hi, I have a stylist, I want shock value. I'm wearing this because I need attention to me. Fashion is kind of it looks like it's part of who you are, and maybe at one point someone changed your style, like years ago, Nicole Ritchie's style was changed maybe by Rachel Zoe, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 1: And the Olsen Twins also, like they evolved into what their style was and they've stuck to it. There was a moment when Victoria Beckham was no longer a Spice Girl, but she was Victoria Beckham and that was her style.
Speaker 2: And yes, along the way it's evolved since then.
Speaker 1: But I never feel with Victoria Beckham, or with Nicole Ritchie or with the Olsen Twins like it's forced.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like the most forestyle go is like someone dressing Haley Bieber, but it lands. I think she actually probably has worn underwears pants too, and it lands. It doesn't land on everyone, and I can't really tell why. I think that when I feel that a person's style is really an extension of who they are, it lands like I know that Blake Lively doesn't have a stylist, but maybe she does work with designers, and maybe she does have a stylist. Sometimes I think they've said she picks her own clothes, but of course she's offered the best stuff, But it just it feels like an extension of herself. It doesn't feel like when she gets dressed, she's dressing in a costume. So to me, dressing like you're in a costume is not fashion. And I don't think that when Gaga's wearing fishnets and her underwear's pants and a white T shirt, that she's dressing like she's.
Speaker 2: In a costume.
Speaker 1: And even when she's like really getting dressed up to sing with Tony Bennett, I still don't think she's dressing like she's in a costume. It feels like an extension of herself. Even though she's Stephanie and Gaga's another persona, they're kind of one and certain.
Speaker 2: People, I just feel like it's a costume.
Speaker 1: And what's funny is j Lo I even feel like it's an extension of herself. She's Johnny from the Block. I sometimes it's like over the top, and you know, but it still kind of feels like when she's dressing, it's some version of an extension of herself. When somebody feels like they have just put on something to get attention, to be performative, and that looks like a costume, then I don't think that it's fashion.
Speaker 2: What do you think.
Speaker 1: Monica Lewinsky has a campaign with Reformation. What a brilliant marketing idea. How amazing for Monica Lewinsky? The name Reformation like it's chef's kiss.
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Has there ever been a great her collaboration? And how about somebody waiting for their moment, like sitting back and one day saying it's time now.
Speaker 2: And this is outrageous.
Speaker 1: And she looks amazing, and what has she been through in her life and what has she been defined by? And it's about encouraging people to vote, and she looks so serious and she looks elegant, and she's a grown woman. I am sure she's married. I don't know if she has kids. I have to look it all up. It doesn't even matter to me, And it doesn't matter to me because I want her to have whatever happy life that she wants to have. I was once at Andy Cohen's house at his Christmas party and she came with Anderson, and back then she was still probably, you know, not sure of herself and like it wasn't what it is now. And it's just amazing that during the era of cancelation, she's having a full renewal and she looks spectacle. And I just remember her in that interview years ago with that lip color that everybody wanted to know what it was, and I don't remember what it is. Reformation unbelievable, brilliant, brilliant, Like the two greatest marketing campaigns of twenty twenty four are dunkin Donuts and ben Affleck and Reformation and Monica Lewinsky Beyond. Let's talk about deleting tweets, Instagram posts and deleting tiktoks, and let's talk about turning off comments. So people write about deleting posts as if it's bad, like, oh, where's that post you know trolling you, where's that post you did?
Speaker 2: Oh, I see you took that post down, which be like.
Speaker 1: You educating someone that something they've just said is wrong, and they say, oh, I wish I didn't say that, or sorry I said that that way, or you know what, it's probably better we don't discuss this right now, or maybe we should save this for another time, or you know what, I said it, I'm not gonna harp on it. We don't need to live in that, because that's what taking a post down means. You may put a post up that you kind of want up for a minute, but you don't want it to live there forever. I've done that, and you may want You may put a post up and then you're like, oh god, I didn't think of this what that would mean, And you might want to take it down because you've educated yourself. Or you might put a post up and you're about to get into like a whole fight. You're like, I'm not really going to move for a fight right now. Everybody wants to hold everybody to everything forever.
Speaker 2: There are things that famous people have done.
Speaker 1: People today want to identify Kim Kardashian as someone who was in a tape.
Speaker 2: Kim Kardashian is.
Speaker 1: A billionaire mogul, actress, fashion e STU, reality star, business mogul. She's a private equity business like, so she did a sex tape years ago, hip hit Parae like, that's like she wants to delete that tweet. She doesn't want that to define her. And I just think that's fucked up that people want to hold people to things that they've done or said. Why is everybody being so bound to everything they've ever done? And also why can't someone just do what they want to do? So I think that's an interesting thing. Oh so people will talk about turning your comments off. I haven't done that that often. I don't mind a comments section, but I've done it. Why aren't we allowed to do that too? If you hear a bunch of people screaming at each other or screaming at you, aren't you gonna say I'm not having this conversation right now because.
Speaker 2: People want to have you killed. So you are like, I don't want to listen to that.
Speaker 1: In your real life you would' listen to that, So why would you listen to that on social media?
Speaker 2: That's how I feel. That's a ramp