Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckma Harrison, de Montrey Moore, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Players Lounge Time, Let's Ride.
Speaker 5: We're in the SWBC podcast studio in Prisco, Texas.
Speaker 4: Headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Got Heckma Harrison in the house, Tray Moore the house, former Texas A and m Aggie and Dallas Cowboy I am merely new, he scrugs to help facilitate the conversation here and our show is brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 4: We will start with yesterday's events here.
Speaker 5: At the Star seven to seven seventh officially called it a career and when he walked in the building he looked like a Greek god. He could still play. He's looking good, looking, good, still got it.
Speaker 4: So I'll start with you.
Speaker 5: Former Cowboy player fourteen year career Jerry Jones says he will go into the Cowboys Ring of Honor. Jerry says he looks forward to him joining him in Canton the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: Your thoughts, he better, he better go on the ring honor, No questions asked, Like hands down, this goes without saying arguably probably no. He is the best office alignment that I have ever had the privilege of going against and going to war with playing against him when he's a physical specimen within himself, just being that big and being fluid on his feet, it's like he's playing basketball at offensive tackle. And then to see the type of technician that he is, like, I'll never forget the first day that I walked in here and during training camp, I'm like, okay, let me go in here, show them like, hey, I'm here, like I'm ready to rush. I went the first rep, beat the next guy, and then he's like, oh, okay, let me go against you. Come over here, be more bad. Say let's go in there. Hey, I'm about to give him work. He said, oh, that was pretty good. I won, barely won, but it wasn't convincingly. That next rep, when I tell you, he turned it on like like Drake said, like a light switch.
Speaker 7: He said, oh, good rep.
Speaker 6: Next way he came in there and he did a hip lock technique where I tell you, it was like a joke. He put them vice grips me and said, and all of a sudden, my top half of my body went back, but my feet was still running in.
Speaker 7: Place, and he's just holding me and he's like, now that's a good one.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 7: See now I could turn up.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, and that just goes to show you what type of technician this man was.
Speaker 7: Like, man, hats off to that guy.
Speaker 6: Like he earned every bit of it in first ballot Hall of Famer, No off the field issues great leader, and he even better player and play it at such a high caliber level. Like you said, he can still be playing right now if he wants to. He choose to walk away, and that in this game is such a rarity for you to play that long and say, hey, I'm getting off this horse, but there's still some left in the tank. So hats off to him. No better way of doing it.
Speaker 2: You know, For me as an analyst, I don't care. On any level. It's like, you get a guy like Tyron Smith to come into the league, get an opportunity to watch him play, you see how special he was from the moment he stepped onto the field, from the moment he was taken. He was one of those guys that was straight off the bus, as you were talking about last week, straight off the bus, and he made an im media to impact. It's to me what was unfortunate about hitt him in the latter part of his career is when you see the great ones have to not finish their career in total here, So going to the Jets and seeing them in that it's like last day you want to see for tiring, but men a class act, a class act, and a guy that handled himself on and off the field. That I will thus, I will always be grateful for those kinds of players, the guys that are not only assets in the community, but a guy that puts it on the line when he's on the field. I think for all Cowboy fans that you know saw the press conference, it's it's a bittersweet. It's bitter sweet, you see, you know, it was the untimely retirement of Travis Frederick, now Zach Martin and now Tyron Smith. And I don't know, man, it's like your favorite sitcom or your favorite show saying we're not coming back. You know, it's like it's the end of an era, and I think for the time that we had those guys that you know, and I think about them through and I think about them those guys together. I don't just think about Tyron by himself. And that's just one of those things that you can just you're gonna always say what if, what if for those guys, And you know, I'm sure you know, I don't have for all the guys that have votes on Hall of Fame and things like that first ballot. He put in, the work, he put in the he was just that dominant. Nope, like you said, his footwork, his hands. Everyone that's ever had anything to say about Tyron Smith, it's been how dominant he was and how he was able to sit out there on an island. As my man Nate Newton always says, the hardest position to play in football, other than cornerback quarterback is the left tackle position to be able to lock down one of the best, you know, pass rushers that's out there on the field. And man, I'm I am going to be forever grateful to him. And I just want to say this for all the big guys that's out there, what are you eating? What is it?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 2: How are you that big and look that proportion. I mean that man came in there with with the vest song with the pants, and I'm like, dude, this man he could go today, but man just fit. I will always remember the physical specimen that Tyron Smith was is and always has been.
Speaker 4: So Trey, you're telling me he didn't talk a lot of trash.
Speaker 6: Know, he was the silent giant, and that was, to be honest with you, he was the Andrew Luck of offensive tackles. Like he didn't talk trash. He was very nice and then he even compliments you when you got him. But then like that next play, it was oh, I'm going to learn from that, and that shows his craftsmanship. And when he beats you, it's just like like it was expected. I knew this, like, oh that will never ever happen again. And it's not in the arrogant way. It's not cocky. It was just he was just nice and it was like man like, of course I can talk trash to you, but he would literally laugh at all and then be like, oh, I'll get you next play. And so for those type of guys, it's really hard to for me. I'm a big, avid trash talker, like that's that's.
Speaker 7: In my game. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 6: And so when you talk trash to him and then he just hit you with the oh that's good, or after the game, hey man, you did this good, it's like, man, I feel so bad, Like you're such a great guy, but you don't get those opportunities to beat him that often for you to even brag or even have that moment over you, because when you put up such a great body of work, it's like it's there, like it's an essence. It's a certain genocid quad that he had to where it's like I'm that guy and I earned the right to be that guy.
Speaker 7: And like you said, he still can go out here.
Speaker 6: You telling me right now, I guarantee you there's plenty of teams out there saying, hey, big fellow, you sure you want to retire, Like we know you want to go back there, but like come out here and please play. And so that's why I say, like for him to walk off. The only thing, the only thing that is missing from his resume is that big dance, that big ring. And like you said, when you think about him, you think about Travis Frederick, you think about Zach Martin like these guys, it's like the Great Wall, and it's like, I'm happy that you played as long as you did. I'm glad that you get to come back in here, first ballot Hall of Famer. But it's certain guys that deserve that ring. He's one of those guys where you're like, you need that ring because.
Speaker 7: Just of who the player he is.
Speaker 5: So I talked to DeMarcus where afterwards, and DeMarcus Ware, another cowboy great who left and played somewhere else the end of his career, went to Denver won a Super Bowl and I said, how, I said, were you seeing this again? Another one of your teammates, great teammate with Hall of Fame resume, didn't get to play in the Super Bowl, didn't get to play in a championship game. How tough is it? And he went into that and just explained how because he got the ring. He said, Man, it's hard. It is hard knowing that you didn't get that. And I was fortunate enough to be on the field in San Francisco and interviewed Dware after he won that Super Bowl and seeing the emotions and everything that he had in there, and for these guys to walk Away and Zach Martin he spoke to it as well, Man, it's disappointing. It is very disappointing. And so I asked you guys this question, is it on the players? Are we talking about management here? Because you're talking about here's Zach Martin, go hall of famer, arguably one of the five best guards to ever.
Speaker 2: Play in the National Footballs, that dominant.
Speaker 5: Travis Frederick, the numbers that they were able to put up with an Ezekiel ELLOCTA. I mean, no Super Bowl appearances at all, and that roster where you know d Ware because d Ware was here, he was the guy helping groom Dyron Smith when he got here. We're talking about a collection of serious talent that they had that provided no fruit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, I'm gonna jump it off. You have to go with management like it's the it's the hard it's the hard sell because don't get me think about the list of names that you just named. All those guys are hall of famers, all on one team time and Zach Martin, Dware at one point in time. Jason Witten like ze like it's either management or coaching, but it like you have the players there, you eventually you have to get this scheme and you gotta run it like player. Yes, I know players have to play and this and that, but eventually you gotta put the system together. You gotta bring the jail and the glue. It all has to be cohesive and go together. And you tell me that many intricate parts you couldn't even sniff a championship for those guys like it's disappointed and so for me, yeah, I'm gonna go with management.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I'm gonna trust what you say because you've been a part of teams that have made a run towards the Super Bowl. May didn't close the deal, but you know what it takes to be on those teams to understand to get through that playoff run and to also reach that point. For them to never have gotten to that point, to me, shows how the balance of being healthy in the NFL, how it plays into guys being able to go to a Super Bowl win a super Bowl because you're beat up down the stretch. And I think you take that for granted as a cowboy fan, and cowboy fans have no empathy for excuses these days period. But at the same time, it's like even with those great teams, they didn't play their best when they needed to be at their best. And you can put it on management, you can put it on coaching, you can put it on all these things. But if you have the nucleus of teams and talent that you think can get to that level and they don't, the onus sits with the players. It sits with the players, and you say, guys, you have to be bigger and better at these moments because those are win champions are crowned. And that's just I think you could say, hey, management, coaching didn't maybe didn't give them enough, but what team is loaded at every position? And I think for as long as the Cowboys have had those guys, you would have thought, especially the twenty sixteen, of all the years, you know, you get that running back, go back to the catch, that what all of those things play into why the Cowboys didn't reach the NFC Championship, maybe didn't reach a Super Bowl. And so it's it's being at your best when it's required.
Speaker 7: I mean, this is true, and I love it.
Speaker 6: I love when you talk like that, because yes, it is being at your best, and yes, as a player, you do got to make those plays. You know, that's with the catch, you know, all this type of stuff, like there's always an opportunity for a player to do this and do that. But just like they tell us when we go on field, the game doesn't come down to one play. It doesn't come down this and that. Can one play change the game? Sure, but I can show you a list of things that happened beforehand and back to you alluding to me being a part of those teams that have made deep runs in the playoffs and being a part of the San Francisco going to the super Bowl. Yes, great players play, but the injury bugs happen everywhere. That year that we want that year that we went as seth friends went to the Super Bowl, you had guys like me. You had the Solomon Thomas's, you had the Ronnie Blairs that were coming off the bench like no name, guys that were becoming household named Travarius Moore like in the dB. And so I say this to say that players are going to step up, but you have to have somebody to lead you. You have to have that ship schematically whatever it is. If you're putting people in unorganized situations like that year when we were in Sant France, you had a Kyle Shanahan that was over there leading and coming out with different ways to make the offense and include everybody. You had a guy like Robert Solid that was your defensive coordinator, that had a great scheme. But then he also put other great coaches around him, Chris Case to motivate the players to say, hey, it's not just one, it's on all let everybody go. And so that's why I say it's higher up as far as coaching and management.
Speaker 4: So let me add this.
Speaker 5: Then, Jason Garrett was a head coach when they drafted Tyron Smith. Yes, and so a lot of those guys there some of their primes with Jason Garrett as the head coach. You pointed to Kyle Shanahan and how he put people in proper positions. Are you saying Jason Garrett should is where we should be looking at.
Speaker 6: Here, Hey, put that pressure over twenty two core press.
Speaker 7: Let me switch it up.
Speaker 6: Are you going to say that you feel that Jason Garrett is the same level of coach that Kyle Shanahan is.
Speaker 7: His resume, I've been.
Speaker 5: On record many times to say that I thought Jason Garrett's tenure was a failure.
Speaker 7: And I will agree with you on that.
Speaker 5: And I thought there was too much talent that was here that they didn't get enough. I thought the three straight eight and eight seasons that he had should have been enough that he never got another one.
Speaker 4: But he got another one, and he got twelve and four.
Speaker 5: The twenty sixteen game against the Green Bay Packers, you're the number one seed, You're at home, came out flat and then they finally got back in the game. Dak Prescott went toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers, played just as good a game and was fourth and twenty six or something like that was it was.
Speaker 2: A crazy fourth and forever. Yeah, and he hits a.
Speaker 5: Rod hits Aaron. Jared Cook I was on the sidelines with it. Hit like, oh my gosh, he just he just completed that. Yeah, and the Packers go win the game. These are opportunities failure. And I talked to one coach who said we failed collectively, we failed as coaches, we failed as a team, because he said, you don't get that many opportunities in this league when you're a one seat like that, and and the road is there for you, and a lot of people forget the two seed that year who went to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Dan Quinn's Atlanta Falcons who almost won it. So I think that it is.
Speaker 5: And here's why I'll say it's the players, because sometimes you're going to have those great players who can overcome the coaching or the coach draws up the play, but the players just that good.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know, you know on a fourth and twenty six in Bury Church, un four, So he's.
Speaker 2: Not here tell you what happened because he was there exactly.
Speaker 5: And tell you exactly who was where the player who didn't make the play they needed to. And that's why I go, you can't have this many good players and management drafted those players.
Speaker 7: Yeah, management, And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: At some point in time, they all have to hit on all cylinders in that front, from management to head coaching, two players. We all have to believe and do something because guess what, the players are not going to always hit, just like the coaches aren't going to always hit, and then management is not going to always hit. And that's where it all comes there. So yes, that year they had management bringing in the players. That year you had the players doing what they're doing. Top offense. Number one, see is the coaching. Like you can't say, hey, it's the players and this and that, because if you have a coach that said he comes in there, this team no way in hell was supposed to make it to the playoffs, You're gonna be like, oh, well, guess what management needs to do better with given the coach more tools and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: That's never been the problem.
Speaker 6: So when you say players have to outplay that stuff like eventually, like you said, when you get injured, you have to be properly motivated. You have to Sometimes you do need a raw rock guy. You need a guy, You need a leader amongst men. And if you don't have a leader amongst men, guess what you're wasting tools and fuse suppose that Belichick's has.
Speaker 4: A player's game.
Speaker 5: And I think it is Philadelphia who made some coaching changes.
Speaker 4: But Taquon Barkley shure enough covered up a whole lot.
Speaker 2: And you know, that's it. That's it. I look at you can go down and like, okay, you know, maybe I'm biased. It covered a lot of wards some of those same mistakes that you saw in San Diego. I mean, for the Chargers, you didn't see those mistakes. Boy, what a difference to Saquon Barkley makes. What a difference age, What a difference a playmaker makes? And look, I think you're all in the same boat and you and nobody's wrong here. I don't feel like. I just feel like when it comes down to championship, knowing that coach made the difference this players and plays that make the difference. And look, even going back to the Atlanta game, I think the Atlanta game would be a classic mismanagement in coaching the Atlanta super Bowl. Look, Shanahan, you had all you have to do is run the ball man.
Speaker 5: The man's had three times and those are the those are the rare times.
Speaker 6: Those are the rare times. If you go back and go, how's it rare? If it's proven time and time again. That don't get me wrong. Players, yes, they can make these games. And like you said, nobody's wrong. But me, being a former player, I'm going to be biased and say, yes, players can have the ability to do that. But a coach can't make or break the game by calling the wrong play, doing the wrong thing, mexing up the momentum. Super Bowl Pete Carroll on them.
Speaker 2: That's that's a classic, that's as made, he wrote. He corrected his wrong years later. But I mean, like this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yes, as much as it is the player, you have to have a great coach that's gonna motivate you, or you have to have somebody in the front office and say, hey, I believe in you as a player, if you need to play outside the system, do whatever you need to do to go win this game. As a coach, if you're sitting over here and you say, hey, you're scared, management want us to play this playing style and this and that, and I need you to go do that, and guess what. As a player, you're gonna say, let me go do that. But if you have to worry about certain things like that, and guess what, you can't. If I got a Lamborghini, if I ain't putting the right gas in there, guess what, it's still gonna run and it's gonna be a lambo.
Speaker 7: But eventually that lambo gonna shut down. Give me the right gas.
Speaker 6: That's gonna help me there, because guess what, I have the body, I have the mechanics, but you have to come help me.
Speaker 4: But so what you're saying is a little bit what Greg.
Speaker 5: Popovich to the Spurs talked about, except my job as a coach is make sure I don't lose the game.
Speaker 4: I can't lose it for it.
Speaker 2: Hey, and Shanahan has a few of those associated with him. He's got three till where it needs to be. And so that's what I'm saying. I guess we're talking about one particular coach that has made championship when it's come to those games. I mean, he he hurt the play, he went where they needed to be and and unfortunately in that first one when they're up ten and he decides to stop running and throws put the ball in Jimmy Garoppolo's hands to win it. Whether that's malpractice right there, that's mount Tom Brady said, hold my bill. I'll be right.
Speaker 4: The Chiefs players said, hey man, thank goodness he's not running.
Speaker 2: Because Patrick mahomes hold my bill.
Speaker 5: So yeah, in Atlanta, you know when it was after Julio makes the crazy catching, you just need to just run, lock and kick a field goal.
Speaker 4: That was Shanahan.
Speaker 5: And afterwards he's like, well, you know, we've been attacking team all year long and ones are still attacking you just saying, brother, this is a super Bowl. What happened all your long is not today. This is what was not what was needed today. So yes, but when we look to me overall, you've had number of seasons with those great players, You had numbers of seasons, but you.
Speaker 6: Have you have, you have more players, and you have more opportunities. So of course it's going to be like, oh, yeah, you had time and time again for a player to show up and be the superman. But you only have one day coach, you only got one defensive coordinator, so like, yeah, you only have one play call that could potentially mess that up. So as much as we're gonna put out point out these flaws their players, what's the probability of it if we break it down and do this, I'm telling you, Ratio, I would like to say it's more comparable than you think it is.
Speaker 7: As far as putting it player to.
Speaker 4: Coach Trey Moore, heck Maharrison, I'm new, he scrugs. You got to get a break in here.
Speaker 2: Drop the ball, guys.
Speaker 5: Players that have been mocked to the Cowboys so far in the first round. Let's dive into that next right here on the players that brought you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 4: On Dallas Cowboys back Gun. Just Hey their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Gambling Problem.
Speaker 9: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred gambler that's one eight hundred GAMBLR for twenty one over.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official Spiced Rama the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow Thecaptain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites in a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's Chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day Canes rules Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: To the players.
Speaker 2: Lounde. The first ever Long Star Smokeout is coming to Arlington. Watch Headliner's John Party Cody's, Jinx Midland and Moore at this three day outdoor country music festival, plus enjoy barbecue from some of the best pit masters in the country. Get your tickets today at seat geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 5: All Right, heck, Harrison, we appreciate you in the place brought to you buy a Ristocrat gaming years, and we've got Trey Moore, former Texas a and m Agging, former Dallas Cowboy and haunted San Francisco.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to tell you why I got happy again, you know, brother on the cover.
Speaker 6: Yes, I got PTSD since you'll kill bring it up, old stuff.
Speaker 7: I got a.
Speaker 6: Nice conference championship ring that some people don't even have.
Speaker 2: That's right, hey, man, more than most better believe it once you wear it.
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 4: Bring it in next week, don't I will?
Speaker 7: I will, I will.
Speaker 6: Don't worry about it, don't I got something somebody else and got mad.
Speaker 7: I'm leaving. I like to see that. I don't like Denzil said, I'm from.
Speaker 2: Roger worse he used to wear his his conference championship.
Speaker 4: Nineteen eighty brow. I will, I will threw three picks to Rod Martin.
Speaker 7: Don't care.
Speaker 6: I was there, Yes, sir, Yeah, I'll show it to us reading my books, show me.
Speaker 2: Breaking up.
Speaker 6: Like I said, there's some players that can't show you, but I can't bring it in.
Speaker 7: Show it. Tell next I got you.
Speaker 2: I mean you were there.
Speaker 5: Love to see it, Love to see it. So great work over Dallas Cowboys dot com. Make sure you check it out their articles and they recently gathered together my drafts that what people are saying and who they're projecting to the Cowboys at twelve. So anyway, just bring up some some some names here and give me your thoughts.
Speaker 7: Drop them.
Speaker 5: Pro Football Focus Jordan's poultry is giving the Cowboys technic millon wide receipt from Arizona, and he says six four nineteen pounds McMillan has a vastly different body type and skill set from Cde Lamb and would provide Dak Prescott with a big body threat on the outside while Lamb does his damage in the slot. McMillan is also a run after the catch threat, having tally twenty nine forced mistackles in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Heckman thoughts, look, look, I've told you where I feel about twelve and where the Cowboys should go. And I'm not t Mac is a great player. He's six'. Four the kid can run a a. Look catch radius is crazy for. Him do we need a number two wide? Receiver? Betcha we, do, absolutely we. Do we need a guy that can can couple with that we could put With Ceedee, lamb that could be that difference maker when third and eight is there and the defense's rolling coverage towards eighty. Eight can he be Your Mike? Evans you, KNOW i mean we've seen what that kind of frame can do for a. Team he, knows of, course, RIGHT i, mean this is the kind of player that the comp that you get for. Him but as we've talked about on this, show you that's just one hole in the boat that you're. Feeling you got multiple of the holes that you have to. Feel and my thing, is again that's you're not wrong if you go. THERE i just feel like your quarterback would be better served if he could be better protected and if he had a better running.
Speaker 5: Game all, Right trey tap McMillan at twelve, Here ted is a nice. Choice like you, said if you get A Mike evans type of, Player, yes of, Course but, no that's not the pick for this.
Speaker 6: Offense this is not the pick for this. Team the head coach that you have put here is a run, first dominant. Guy you brought, in the offensive, coach you brought in the offensive. Lineman give him the tools to properly succeed at that. Pick if you have a great running back that is gonna be a difference maker out, there you go get, him because you still don't have. That dak has shown that he has been most successful when he has had a comf a decent running. Back so imagine if you go get him that big, guy or go get him an old.
Speaker 5: Lineman but, no So Maurice Jones DREW nfl Dot com, Says Matthew golden From, Texas texas wide, receiver reliable hands and can be a yard after the catch monster at the next level thanks to his tremendous. Speed, golden who is a primarily player in the slot in, college could pair With Ceedee lamb as a downfield playmaker For Dak. Prescott So i'm assuming the same. Thing, no, no, yeah, no.
Speaker 6: Okay if you're gonna go wide, receiver you go with the first, pick all.
Speaker 5: Right Brian WILSON cbs Says Tyler, booker offensive Guard, alabama and he says it's hard to think That booker has flown under the radar given his physical presence and dominating style of. Play but now that we're officially in the draft, season Expect booker to puck in his name to pick up.
Speaker 7: Speed all.
Speaker 2: Right booker's a, dog a road, grader and a guy that's coming out of. Sec you know what they. Do they run the ball and up. FRONT i think right, now with where you are on your depth, chart you've bought in some, guys BUT i don't. Look you lose To Zach, martin and to, me there's a big question mark over that right guard position and guys in camp OTAs are going to have to battle it out to see who actually gets that. Position if you go into the draft and you get an offensive, LINEMAN i would not be mad at that. PICK i know a lot of people that would be ticked off about that, pick BUT i wouldn't be mad at that.
Speaker 6: PICK i would love it if you go at this point in, time history has shown that The cowboys do not miss on their first round offensive lineman like. That, well let's, okay let me slow, down and really the ones That i'm talking, about the ones That i'm talking about in my area, recently but in my era like that last year's.
Speaker 7: Gotta go. That but, Okay i'm, Sorry i'm gonna retract that.
Speaker 6: Statement but historically, speaking LIKE i, said those guys that are coming, in like when one when one animal goes down on this offensive, line one trench, monster there's there's always that other guy that comes in from you Had Tyron smith To Travis, frederick From Travis frederick To.
Speaker 7: Zach, Martin who's going to be that?
Speaker 6: Guy and so CAN i say that him coming from THE sec being a dog in the trenches and in this run, heavy offensive minded, scheme he has the potential to set it.
Speaker 7: Up so for, ME i love it all.
Speaker 5: Right Mike Cameron Pro Football focus Says Tyler warren tight End Penn State dallas is needed a playmaker all over all over on offense and they have a choice here Between Matthew golden And Tyler. Warren they would be well served to nab. Either warren is a unique playmaker who would unlock the. Offense With Jake ferguson on the roster and in a contract Year dallas can become more versatile on their offense after running one of the lowest rates of twelve personnel last year in THE.
Speaker 2: Nfl i'm just gonna say THAT i don't trust myself with my assessment of tight, ends And i'm going to take myself.
Speaker 7: Out of this.
Speaker 2: Conversation ferguson to me was on the cuspp of having a breakout.
Speaker 4: YEAR i coined the name Firk Hittle kelsey breakout.
Speaker 7: Year don't you.
Speaker 2: Laugh don't you laugh because you had a fullback going to The Pro.
Speaker 4: Bowl you're in that, boat don't you do?
Speaker 2: It but go to the. Book, No i'm tight. End if they went tight end in the first, round, now that wouldn't be a good.
Speaker 6: Look it's not a good look for. Them but SOMEBODY i do like. THIS i LIKE i like the. GUY i think he's he gives me that grind, feeling like to watch him in the bowl game and him take off and like have that nastiness that he has catching it and stuff like. That to be honest with, YOU i would be mad if The cowboys winning got him like he gives. You he gives me a winning type feel like he is a gadget guy that does everything like he. Was he was out there punishing people like. BLOCKING i don't.
Speaker 4: KNOW i kind of, LIKE i, think whoever gets this young, MAN i think we'll be.
Speaker 5: Happy i'm definitely like the Brock bauers kid From. GEORGIA i got to watch to pick That national championship.
Speaker 4: Game there was a baller there and he still. Is just you know that that guy can play. This this kid he can play, it can play play like.
Speaker 7: THAT i just. DON'T i don't.
Speaker 6: Know i'm just saying if THAT i would if that, HAPPENED i wouldn't be mad with the coach that we have and they put in, THERE i wouldn't be mad because now you have you picked up a, blocker and on top of, that with all.
Speaker 2: The needs that you, have if you come on, now just keep it. Gent If gent is, Gone If gent is, gone all, right Yes i'm. Gonna i'm gonna If gent.
Speaker 6: Is, gone as A i get a blocker AND i get a, weapon If i'm gonna go offensive.
Speaker 2: Side, yes do you look at the tight end position for The cowboys and you say there's a need at the tight end position amongst all the other.
Speaker 5: Groups here's What i'll hit you with this would be the equivalent of TAKING. C.
Speaker 4: D lamb while you Had Amari cooper on the roster if you Took Tyler.
Speaker 2: Warren, OKAY i won't argue.
Speaker 5: With that to, say you know, what we got a, guy but you're a really good guy and we're not going to pass on a really good guy who could help.
Speaker 4: Us which when.
Speaker 5: They wanted to move on From Amari, cooper they were able to MOVE Cd lamb. In Tyler warren could be that kind of.
Speaker 2: At the times you Got Ceedee, Lamb did you have as many holes that this teef this team has right?
Speaker 5: Now you were able to TAKE Cd lamb because you were a lot better. Off, Yes i'll say okay and not come into. This do you Think Tyler warren could be a blue chip? Player and if you think you could have a blue chip player at that, position, yes then you gotta do. It you Mentioned George, Kittle, YEAH i Did george Kill as you well, Know George kittle really good football.
Speaker 7: Player that man gives you a.
Speaker 4: Lot of options and things to do on.
Speaker 5: Offense this is an upgrade at your position as far as tight end.
Speaker 7: Goes and he didn't.
Speaker 6: Like he enjoyed it like most people don't enjoy all three, phases like you, Said, george like not stepping on your.
Speaker 7: Toes But george enjoys. That When george goes.
Speaker 6: Out there and get that, pancake he's going to have the same excitement that he has when he gets that catch. Up that this, guy WHEN i watched him playing in, college it was, Like, yo he just love dominating. Somebody if It's i'm catching it or running through your, face or if it's over, there come run behind. ME i got, You Luke schoolmaker much go.
Speaker 2: Ahead i'm, Sorry schooney did not have at the.
Speaker 4: Level i'm.
Speaker 2: SORRY i was.
Speaker 5: Trying Pro Football focus lines Up Luther, burton the third wide Receiver, missouri and they Say luther isn't an ideal five to two multi sport athlete for the receiver position in THE nfl first round talent as well rounded as a come displaying the ability of success at the receiver spot in any. Offense so we've already mentioned that. Before so we're down on. That, okay, Okay so and then the other positions are there's another person, Saying Matthew. Golden so, anyway right now a lot of people projecting The cowboys to take a wide receiver at, twelve and it's just a matter of do you Want ted McMillan if he's, there big, guy big catch radius speechter In Matthew. Golden you Hear Luther burton right here Of, missouri and then of course if you wanted to, say, hey let's go with the tight. End but they're talking about a pass, catcher Giving Dak prescott more weapons because last year it WAS cd and The, maybies and that includes a tight end position as.
Speaker 4: Well they did not help the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Out, yeah there's no argument to. That AND i think in that wide receiver, room with all the whispers of them taking a wide receiver at, twelve a lot of guys should be feeling like they're on the hot. Seat the names that were, drafted guys that have been here for a, minute that should feel, like, look this is a make or break type of. YEAR i just feel like when it comes down to twelve and the type of talent that you can, get AND i said it last, week you're gonna have some guys fall to you that may be one of those players that is that blue chip player that you're looking. FOR A Mecca booker from The Ohio state there are guys that wide receivers outside of that top names that we've been listening at a really quality as, well that you may be able to get in some later. ROUNDS i don't want to forget about that, idement right And.
Speaker 5: I'll say, this we go to break the kid From Ohio state you mentioned it. Book is it really good? Player, yes may not be a first round. Grade do you take him and pass. On let's Say Tyler warren a first round graded tight? End is that what you want to?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 4: No this is this is the CONF Cd lamb was a first round. Graded, hey let's go get the.
Speaker 5: Guy your tackle you took last year was not a first round graded.
Speaker 4: Guy you you took a chance on a Breach.
Speaker 5: And so therein lies that thing Of, okay do we take a blue chip guy who's a first round?
Speaker 4: Dude and you know that you want this pick to.
Speaker 5: Count you don't want to be talking about your first round pick next year like you're talking about last year's first round pick right, now saying you know.
Speaker 6: What, go so he shooting he's still shooting at me for that first round.
Speaker 4: Piece it was a conversation we had yesterday on the media.
Speaker 5: Mash this is a young man who's got a lot of, answers and people are, wondering you, know what did we do and how do you go back and make sure it's not something that you do.
Speaker 4: Again we got to take a break here we come.
Speaker 5: Back our final segment right here on the players line is brought to you By Aristocrat gaming on das.
Speaker 4: Skyboystck how do.
Speaker 1: You tell the world about all the great gifts in The Yetti?
Speaker 4: Store Letter Rip.
Speaker 7: Troy all, right, folks.
Speaker 12: Let's get started With Yeti French press And joork cover This Day's hot friburs And French press thirty four as FOR u six four for the cruise Of Yetty French. Press what mixed waterproof bags bags and waterproofs and werstale waterproof, doubles waterprove bag bagsports mostly water should get a Waterproove yetti bagg glat smell something cooking po new cash iron skillets made to be passed down Like mama's. Recipes you take a, steak corn, bit, commerce pot pine and. Potatoes next over with three sizes Of yetty Cash Iron.
Speaker 8: Skillers gear gifts and product.
Speaker 4: Experts visit The Yetti store.
Speaker 8: On McKinney street and At South Lake Town.
Speaker 5: Square today life is a, workout And Smoothie king is here to help you power.
Speaker 4: Through whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 11: Overhead, presses pushing through chest, flies or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary. Bridge Smoothie king has the fuel to help you go all, out build, muscle and boost your. Recovery with forty five grams of protein zero, grams have added sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and The gladiators Smooth it available in, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only At Smoothie.
Speaker 9: Kit it's the official men's skincare brand of The Dallas Cowboys Jack black and right Now cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars, order plus because every deal needs a, playmaker your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free.
Speaker 4: Shipping The Jack Black playmaker is four Of.
Speaker 9: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy. Lipball make a play for The playmaker At Getjack black dot com Slash.
Speaker 4: Cowboys with the Code COWBOYS.
Speaker 9: Vip that's Get Jack black dot com Slash cowboys with the Code cowboys Vip Hey cowboy.
Speaker 8: Fans I'm Dak, prescott quarterback of The Dallas, cowboys but Lately i've been learning a new. Game crypto sound, confusing don't. Worry EVEN us pros were rookies and crypto. Once that's WHY i trust blockchain Dot. Com they make crypto, easy no confusing, jargon just the tools to help you.
Speaker 4: Win pruscott kits it slides with a first.
Speaker 8: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain Dot com perfect.
Speaker 10: Throw my, goodness, wow did he ever thread the?
Speaker 8: Needle visit blockchain Dot com Slash cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: To the players, lounge.
Speaker 2: Med mash right here from the Players, lounge he did it. Again you got to start doing ten. Pushups when you do, that do it right. Now you gotta get right. DOWN i know you've been going a. LIFETIME i know you got him. In just as soon as you do, it take your headphones off and we'll continue to show when you got, You we got your. Finished this is what your brother, is what your brother's got you. For, coach he got here, Passing give me ten updowns right.
Speaker 7: Now it's hot, man.
Speaker 4: Uh sell The.
Speaker 5: Cowboy related News Dion sam's head coach of The Colorado yes is.
Speaker 4: Uh he's got two players.
Speaker 5: That expect to go with the first Round Heisman trophy Winning Travis hunter and his Son Chador sanders at, quarterback and they're going To they announced that they're going to retire both the, jerseys and that became a hot topic In colorado and it it's been something people have buzzed about. HERE i think if a guy wins A Heisman, TROPHY i think that.
Speaker 4: Should be automatic that you would retire that. Jersey any, University, yeah.
Speaker 7: Of, course any.
Speaker 2: University it's a credit to the.
Speaker 4: University is So Travis hunter the arm there's no.
Speaker 5: Pushback there are people who are pushing back On Shudoor sanders and AS i said to, somebody, well you, know the head coach clearly is pushing, this and he feels that the player is a a player's number who should be. Retired and people immediately who Are Colorado buffalo fans point Out Cordell. Stewart i've been on that campus and been in the facility and they have many.
Speaker 4: Pictures Of Cordell. Stewart Cordiell stewart.
Speaker 2: Was a heck of a football crazy.
Speaker 5: Man heck of a go football player At. Colorado so go, Ahead Tray moore your your. Thoughts, man you. PLAY i going To TEXAS a AND. M but they've retired numbers and you know got them Like Johnny.
Speaker 7: Manziel So i'm gonna catch this real.
Speaker 6: Quick no, no, no, no that is. Horrible that is a disrespect as a PLAYER i. AM i am, like no disrespect to. Him you are a first round. Pick you earned that. Credit but as the, school when you think about retiring somebody's, number, like, BRUH i worked too. Hard you just got here thirteen and, twelve thirteen and. Twelve what have you done to?
Speaker 2: Win?
Speaker 7: Like what is? There?
Speaker 6: Like you cannot as a former, Player i'm gonna be hot like, Me my legacy is pretty good AT. ANEM i like. IT i like WHERE i. STAND i feel Like i'm top ten them in records and leaving in the timeframe THAT i. Did but DO i think my numbers should be retired AT a AND m ah to the double hockey?
Speaker 7: Sticks?
Speaker 6: No and there's other guys like are you the top in your? Position there these numbers like putting in the credit you were only there for one year and what did you. DO i mean not one year there for two? Years you were there for two? Years and what did you? Do like you didn't win a national, Championship like you don't have the credibility, Game like.
Speaker 7: Did win a bowl? Game what are we talking about and retiring your?
Speaker 6: Number Like i'm all for, nefotism but this is too, Much like that is a disrespect to the lineage of that football program and everybody that is. There and like you, said for the guys that deserve for their numbers to be retired and not. RETIRED i you wouldn't catch me at the school again until my number was.
Speaker 7: Retired you.
Speaker 6: WOULDN'T i would want to apology or something Because i'm feeling disrespected as a player to get your number. Retired Lamar jackson just got his number, Retired just got his number, retired and look at what he's. Done we're talking about somebody that has not been at the school that long and hasn't done anything on that other. Level like What Travis, hunter you have a, debate you won The, heisman so this and that and so If I'm Travis, HUNTER i understand that's my, brother but you're bringing down my legacy with getting my number retired because we're.
Speaker 7: Attached this is not A duffel. Program do not do that to.
Speaker 2: Heck LIKE i have there are players THAT i absolutely love THAT i will defend to the, Death but this is one of those decisions THAT i absolutely. CAN'T i, mean you look at the, record uh and there are times where you you, say, man a guy is too, little too, late not you, know maybe the guy's passed on and then he gets his number. Retired this is this is if he you, know this is if the. IFY i backed the on on a lot of his, decisions but this is one WHERE i, say, look, man you may should have made sure that certain elements were already in before you did this. One and you, know going back to The Big, EIGHT i saw That Colorado buffalo team up close and, personal AND i can tell You Cordell stewart wasn't to be played With Rashad, salon wasn't to be played With. WESTBROOK i, mean that was one heck of a team that won a national. Championship SO, i, MAN i have a, yes sugar, coating SO i have TO i have, TO i have to Sugar, no it's your.
Speaker 7: Job in the.
Speaker 6: Media right. Now this is a new day and age of media. Beach, well, YEAH i. Am if that's your, truth then it.
Speaker 2: Is my truth is simply that that is that is a Hard that is hard when the pass over the alumni and former players At colorado And i'm like, YOU i would have a problem with.
Speaker 7: That thank.
Speaker 2: You that's.
Speaker 7: All that's.
Speaker 6: All LIKE i, Said i'm passionate. Guys don't disrespect, them.
Speaker 5: Guys Rashan salem his number nineteen retire to, you bashed twenty four touchdowns Help colorado to an eleven and one. Record his jersey retirement was announced before the twenty seventeen season went into effect that season and he was ended up being honored with THE Uh and it was A pac twelve game between The buffaloes and The California, bears And Rashan salem is, said fantastic, player but look how long it took for.
Speaker 2: Him, yeah Outstanding and so what what WHAT i don't.
Speaker 5: Know i'll just make SURE i don't know what the parameters are and what the. Criteria you, know In North, carolina you, know if you're a player of the, year you, know you get that. Opportunity in, basketball they'll retired player of the.
Speaker 4: Year you, know multiple All.
Speaker 5: AMERICAN i, mean they've got they've got standards of what they, do and so here would be the question, asked what is the?
Speaker 4: Standard what are the.
Speaker 5: Reg especially if If salaam had to wait this long and he wasn't the, heightstman do you what's the Stand and once, again the head coach could come in and, say, well this is WHAT i want to do and this is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: It but and clearly he.
Speaker 5: Has but it's been interesting and college football interested and that's.
Speaker 6: Why and that's WHY i, said let me apologize to the young, man the player as a. Whole that is a tremendous honor no slack to you with them doing, that be honored with. That but as the, fan the people on the outside looking in what he, SAID i only knock him down the ones That i'll.
Speaker 7: Get he knocking down what he.
Speaker 6: Got but at the same, token, like when it's all said and, done do you feel, like, HEY i really earned the right for my jersey to be retired or.
Speaker 7: Was that something that was bought At Jackson?
Speaker 6: State, Yes Jackson, State, yes for, sure for sure without a question there yes see you.
Speaker 5: No so, Yeah so according To chris being, Here Alfred, Williams eric B, Enemy Darien, hagen who's a great quarterback, There Cordyll stewart and they have not had their numbers, retired and that has been brought.
Speaker 7: Up eric.
Speaker 2: Was he b like?
Speaker 7: That what put me on?
Speaker 6: Game that's, hey, yeah. Ignorance so he was cold and. Old let me tell you. Something this is What i'm talking.
Speaker 2: About it took me years to get used to Seeing eric being of me as a.
Speaker 7: Coach The eric being of.
Speaker 4: ME i remember all black.
Speaker 6: Number one about to make me go look up his.
Speaker 7: Highlight. Insane but that's What i'm, saying like.
Speaker 2: Insane we gotta.
Speaker 4: Go the show is flown by fun.
Speaker 5: Stuff today it was Thak Ma, harrison appreciate, You Trey, more thank you. Much i'm struct For chris Being Jazz, josh everybody makes it here. Happened, well talk to you next week On Draft.
Speaker 4: Day Next this Is Dallas Cowboy tim push, ups get you get your.
Speaker 7: Ready.
Speaker 1: Hey this has been a production Of dallascowboys Dot com and The Dallas Cowboys Football.
Speaker 4: Club