Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning and on Saturdays we give you a double dose of second dates. These are classics, so you may have heard one or two of them before, but.
Speaker 2: The idea is just to give you a little bit more, a little extra, try to get your something for the weekend. Chores done, bring you a little laughter this weekend.
Speaker 1: And while you're at it, I would highly recommend checking.
Speaker 2: Our YouTube page.
Speaker 1: It's YouTube dot com slash Brooke and Jeffrey because we just started our summertime dare challenges.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did mine yesterday. I am done.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, so gross.
Speaker 1: If you don't know what tuna claw is discuss, you're gonna find out.
Speaker 2: You never need to try it yourself.
Speaker 3: I can guarantee that.
Speaker 1: Head on over that YouTube page to watch and for right now, sit back and enjoy this.
Speaker 3: We do a lot of dating segments on this show, trying to help out single people, but dating with kids that's a whole different beast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that very often.
Speaker 3: I know Brook's been trying it out on the side for months. Never seemed more tired entire life my husband and that's it, among others. But one of our listeners says he is a single dad and he's proud of it. Unfortunately, that could also have been his downfall and the reason he's not getting a call back. And even he admits that it was a mistake. What happened? You're gonna hear it in your second Date Update Zaddy edition coming up next Second Date Update talking. There's a message here.
Speaker 4: My best friend you're not getting So it's a jam first of all record and I'm playing.
Speaker 3: This old school song because we've got a very special a caller on the phone for a second date update. He's a proud single dad on the hunt for romance. This song is about the kid's best friend, his dad.
Speaker 2: A dog.
Speaker 3: Way to kill. Like the vibe of the segment before we even started, because we got the single dad on the line right now hoping to get a second date. His name is Gig. Sorry, is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Gig Gig.
Speaker 3: That's a unique name.
Speaker 2: Have you heard that song before?
Speaker 6: Gig Man?
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 3: It's his ring tone, Gig, Welcome to the Daycare of love. Tell us about tell us about your dating life. Bro.
Speaker 5: Awesome, guys, thanks for having me. First off, Man, this is a good time.
Speaker 2: Man Es, that's sweet. Gig, thank you what's going on? Did you meet somebody you liked?
Speaker 3: Gosh?
Speaker 5: Okay, let me tell you about it.
Speaker 7: Okay, so.
Speaker 3: Sorry you started, Jeff, you meet recently?
Speaker 5: I met Gabriella. I met her online?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: What initially attracted you to her? So?
Speaker 5: I have two kids, right, okay, and I'm a single dad. I got fifty to fifty custody with them. But let me tell you, I'm a fun dad.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I like to do fun things.
Speaker 3: With them, you know what I mean, like all the cool stuff, happy hour, cool dad.
Speaker 8: No, I bet you just like take them out to do actual activities and stuff that they like.
Speaker 5: Right, yes, exactly. So when I went out, I went out with Gabriella. Right, I'm not a huge romantic dinner.
Speaker 9: Type of guy.
Speaker 5: So I booked two tickets to the Children's Museum for.
Speaker 2: Our day the children. Wait, did you bring your kids with you on the first day?
Speaker 5: No? No, I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I was like, bro, like, do we have to pretend that's fun?
Speaker 3: I should have told you why he's not calling. I think all of our expressions changed. Okay, Well you're funny man. Where where did you really go with Gabriella.
Speaker 8: So we went to dinner and we did go carts. Yeah, we went to the outdoor track and because I've been there with my kids many times, and let me tell you, it is a blast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's super fun.
Speaker 1: Did you go to those ones where you actually have to like wear a jumpsuit and like the helmets.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah it was yes. Okay, let me tell you this leg Yeah, this guy he legitimately rolled out of his car. The ambulance came and it was yeah, it was. It was a whole deal. As I'm telling.
Speaker 2: You, like, someone was severely injured while you were there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, but he was good.
Speaker 5: He was good, and they picked him up. He gave us the thumbs up from afar.
Speaker 1: He was like, actually had a car race.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, was that a moment between you two.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So after that, after they you know, clear up that little scene. We finished our laps and we high five and we hug, we do we cheered, you know, we went across the street, we grabbed some food. It was cool. Man. The thing is, though, the thing that I worry about most, it's like, it's God's keep me up at night.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is that I just I don't think I asked her enough questions. Oh yeah, you da, That's what I think it is, you know, because during the day we saw the connection. You know, there's such a strong connection that I wanted to share about my kids.
Speaker 2: Oh so you talked about your children a lot. Is she a mom?
Speaker 7: She's not.
Speaker 5: No, she has not a mom. She does not have any kids. But you know, she did say that she's open to the idea of dating someone with kids. Okay, so we did get into that a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, I mean I could see that, Regrett, and you're a high energy guy, and you're at a higher energy place like you're probably.
Speaker 3: Just amped up, just nearly witnessed somebody die trying to fill the awkwardness.
Speaker 2: When you guys went to dinner, were you able to connect there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 5: We talked quite a bit, actually, but you know, I wish I would have got to know her a little a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have a whole lifetime to get to know them if this ends up working. So I would you yourself up about it too much? Yeah, you're a lot of time, So tell us tell us about how the date ended.
Speaker 5: We jove separate right, And I walked her to a car and you sat there for a moment, and I honestly thought she's gonna kiss me on the lips. I thought I was going to close the deal right there. Really, yeah, man, I'm telling you it was.
Speaker 7: It was something.
Speaker 1: You can feel it, right, Like I can tell you around kids a lot, because you even say it like a kid, dude, a kiss like on the list. Wow, Corona, if you were, if you were feeling it, how come you didn't go in for a kiss?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: Because I wanted her to do the first move.
Speaker 3: King, I like that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Probably didnt happened?
Speaker 3: Then? What did happen?
Speaker 5: I'm sad to say she kissing on the cheek. There's a little little bit peck on the cheek.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've never heard this before, but is it possible to be a bad cheek? Kiss her your cheek? She kissed him, That's what I'm saying. Maybe his cheek was yeah.
Speaker 5: Well I did come from the race track, so you know, could have been dirty.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Well, we're gonna find out for sure. Let's come back. We'll call Gabriella and we're going to ask her why she doesn't want to go out with an awesome single dad named Jay.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying your energy, Gabe.
Speaker 3: I am yeah, not listening to you said that much. You're going to come back refocused. Second, right after this second date update, we've been talking to a single dad named Gig. G I G I love the music intros.
Speaker 2: This one not a daycare Jeffrey, Well.
Speaker 3: I'm just playing the music that Gig would feel most comfortable hearing in his daily life.
Speaker 2: He went an adult date.
Speaker 3: That's the thing he's not getting. Everybody can relate. He's not getting a callback from his date Gabriella because they did a race track restaurant, ended with some hot cheek kissing action, and you could just tell from talking to him a little bit that he's a good guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I also want to say the other reason I'm personally pulling for you, Gig, is that he told us early on in the call he felt like he didn't ask his date Gabriella enough questions about herself. I think that takes a lot to admit that, especially from a guy faving himself accountable for his own words.
Speaker 1: I think even recognizing it is you know that's.
Speaker 3: The so did you forget his name again, it's Gig.
Speaker 2: I think Gig would look I mean, I think Gabrielle.
Speaker 1: Would looks but Gig, you know what I'm saying, Like, of course, yeah, maybe she didn't feel that way, maybe she didn't notice, but maybe.
Speaker 2: There's something else terribly that went wrong. And I just you know that happens a lot on these So I'm just trying to set him up. There's a positive guy.
Speaker 3: There's no way we're gonna find out he's some awful, horrible person.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 1: I just like to, you know, like set people up for the worst, hope for the best.
Speaker 3: What we really need right now is some BG big gig energy. I like it. The Gig knows what that's about. Let's call Gabrielle to see what she has to say. Here we go. Hello, Hey, I'm looking for Gabriella.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who's my name?
Speaker 3: Is Jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning that you're on right now with the entire Brook and Jeffrey crew.
Speaker 6: Bye.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 3: Fun, Yeah, we have something fun that we want to talk to you about. A date that you went on the other night with a guy named Gig.
Speaker 5: Did you already talk to him or.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you didn't say which one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's only one Gig that we know, and we did talk to him a little bit. Heard about your guys' hangout. He's reaching out to us right now to do this is called a second date update, because we're trying to help him figure out if anything went wrong that day.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean obviously there was reason.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, Well, I mean just can you tell us overall, like what did you think of Gig?
Speaker 10: I mean, the date was fine, especially in the beginning, Like he has a lot of energy. I don't know if you guys noticed that, but it's like it's a little intense.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it too much for you?
Speaker 1: I know that like sometimes when people can't turn it off, that it can actually become exhausting at some point us energetic, overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: He was very positive when we talked to him.
Speaker 10: Definitely definitely, definitely positive. Okay, And I think it's wonderful that he loves being a father. I do not have children, but I open to dating people with children. I respect it, all of it, but it was it was a lot. We spoke about them. The majority of our conversation.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that wasn't too much for you.
Speaker 10: Then what happened was too much for me.
Speaker 2: Oh there was an incident.
Speaker 10: Yes, So I went to the bathroom and when I came back, he was just like, two people want to meet you, and I was like what and so he like pulled out his cell phone and his two sons are are on FaceTime and you meet my kids.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we did not know that there were a FaceTime call with his children.
Speaker 2: Did that happen? When where were you guys when.
Speaker 10: That happened in the restaurant?
Speaker 2: That's with no warning, no warning?
Speaker 10: And also like, how many dates do you do? That's on this is our first date?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but what if the kids called they happened to be on the phone and he didn't. He didn't say like meet my date, meet my the lady I'm going to take home tonight, right like.
Speaker 10: They said meet my girlfriend or something. I couldn't remember what he said, but I.
Speaker 2: Was like, meet my friend, are you she yeah? You sure? It wasn't meet my friend.
Speaker 10: And I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I'm pretty sure. But it doesn't matter. Like if his kids called during dinner, that is fine. You want to step outside, you want to talk to your children.
Speaker 7: That's fine.
Speaker 3: I mean, did what were you saying to his kids during the FaceTime? How did that go?
Speaker 10: I didn't know what to say, so I just was like, oh, it's nice to meet you, and you know, I don't I don't want to be mean to children.
Speaker 2: But I was.
Speaker 3: You never want to hear the phrase I don't want to be mean to children.
Speaker 2: But wait, how long were you on FaceTime.
Speaker 3: With the kids?
Speaker 10: I mean I made it short and sweet, and I was hoping he'd kind of get the hint. But eventually I was like, okay, like I'm going to eat.
Speaker 8: So it wasn't the amount of time you spent on the phone with the kids.
Speaker 3: It was just the fact that he kind of sprung the kids on you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, also like it is our first date, Like is that something he often does?
Speaker 5: I would never hear that.
Speaker 3: I don't even think that. I know you're not a big fan of having things sprung on you all of a sudden, but unfortunately I need to tell you the Yeah, it's not the kids top it actually is on the other line right now.
Speaker 7: Serious, Hey, I honestly I don't see what the big deal is?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: I take my kids to my dates. I mean, that's part of my life.
Speaker 2: You always do that?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying, Gabe, that Gig god like.
Speaker 2: Gabri Lag Sorry, Gig, Gig. Is this something you do every time?
Speaker 5: You know I'm not the same to say I do it every single date?
Speaker 3: You do that on purpose? Like to gauge there, that doesn't seem you.
Speaker 8: I just think it's a little ridiculous to have to wait six seven months to meet the woman that I'm dating.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: There's probably some healthy things in there that you may want to talk to, like a family therapist to find some.
Speaker 3: You not recommend our show insulting what you say, Gig, we apologize. I think you're fine and you don't need any therapy. You're a great dad. Keep talking to Gabriella.
Speaker 5: Gabrielle, listen, listen. I didn't even tell you this, but since like I got you on the phone, they both really like you. They rated you a seven.
Speaker 3: Five rating rating system of day.
Speaker 7: Gabriella, that's huge. D I ever do that?
Speaker 3: That's the rat.
Speaker 7: I really don't want to talk about what I'm rated.
Speaker 10: I really don't.
Speaker 11: I don't know if that's healthy and it's I mean, it's not what Gig is rating you.
Speaker 3: That's what his kids are raising. You know, we got that. Don't hold it against Gig. What his kids? What's the scale? Like they're rating in a hotness?
Speaker 2: Or is this like maybe.
Speaker 11: I don't want to know their children. They shouldn't be raiding people like I don't like Gig. You sound like a really positive guy. But maybe that's something you take out of your repertoire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, that might be some fair advice for once from Brooks. The other thing, it's like, Dad, she's a fwee. I don't like them. Yeah, okay, but I think overall, Gabriella, what he's trying to say, they really like you. He's just trying to involve you in his life because that's the type of fun guy that he is really close.
Speaker 8: Speaking of liking you, my five year old son, Eli, Yeah, five year old son.
Speaker 5: He made you an ashtray at school?
Speaker 2: Is that amazing?
Speaker 3: Does she look like a smoke girl?
Speaker 5: Is this a joke?
Speaker 2: What school? Is he going to?
Speaker 5: Clay It's a little clay pot. You can do it as a candy dish.
Speaker 2: If youf you're not, it's just let's call it that to him as well. I mean, okay to the five year old.
Speaker 3: I feel a lot of positive vibes at least coming from our side and from Gigs side. We just need a yes from Gabriella now going on a second date, a date.
Speaker 10: That we would pay for absolutely, come on, yeah.
Speaker 3: Gig, I'm sorry man, Like, I know there's definitely a match out there for you, it's just not Gabriella.
Speaker 2: And also like maybe it's like.
Speaker 3: Enough, We've got enough, Like you want to.
Speaker 1: Get rid of the race eating system in the ash trays, Jeffrey shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Be part of.
Speaker 3: I get what's going on? Gig. Can you have your kids go online and rate Brooks what they think of her?
Speaker 5: To date.
Speaker 2: His kids?
Speaker 6: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me open up the email. What and Brooks score according to get.
Speaker 2: Healthy?
Speaker 3: Okayt say this out. Let's just say we're lucky you and him didn't go out.
Speaker 2: Gig and the kids all need a time out.
Speaker 3: Okay, need a time out. Not the cool it seemed to be on his side at the beginning until the whole rating thing happened. Do you really think it's that bad he's involving his kids. Yes, I actually.
Speaker 2: Think it's worse.
Speaker 1: I was trying to be like somewhat soft on him because I think his intentions are good.
Speaker 2: It's very damna, Jean.
Speaker 3: Everybody does dating a little bit differently.
Speaker 2: A little differently too, And I'm.
Speaker 3: Sure that there's people on the text board right now who want to go out with Gig and wouldn't mind being rated by both of his children on the first date. Oh yeah, beat it out. See point five. That's the high score right now. Text in if you want to beat its Brook and Jeffrey in.
Speaker 6: The morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: When you end a first date with someone and there's no kiss, but you have that looming question in your mind, wondering am I going to be going out with this person again? Oh yeah, let's say you're in the middle. How do you find out what they're thinking? Oh no, that's actually tapping their phone. I think that's a leak like surveillance. Yeah, we're not doing that yet. One of our listeners came up with a little trick that forces the guy in a polite way to reveal where his head is at.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: We've never heard this on the show before. You're gonna hear it for the first time, and then we'll find out if it actually worked. In your second date update. Right after this second date updated, got an email from a woman named Monica who said she can't believe she's not getting another date with lips like these. That was all I had to read before I told our producer to contact this woman right now. Monica, use those lips to say hello to the Brook and Jeffrey family.
Speaker 2: Hello, you sound luscious.
Speaker 1: Yes, luscious lips fer lady too much.
Speaker 3: He's like, hi everyone. Yeah, what do you mean lips like these from your email?
Speaker 9: I mean they are very beautiful, full natural.
Speaker 2: I love your confidence coming into this.
Speaker 3: But that sounds like it's been a little bit shook because this guy isn't calling you back. What's his name?
Speaker 9: Yeah, name was Nick.
Speaker 3: So tell us about Nick and how you met.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we met on one of the apps, of course, but we'd started to meet up for some drinks.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you do any lip prep before a first date? Maybe? Well?
Speaker 9: I actually was working and I was an hour late.
Speaker 12: Oh, I was stuck at work.
Speaker 9: But I did let him know.
Speaker 1: In advance, like in advance enough where he wasn't sitting at the restaurant suic or.
Speaker 3: Right before the hour mark.
Speaker 7: Happened about twenty minutes before.
Speaker 9: I thought I was going to get out there because you know where we were going. It's near where I work and everything, so I thought I was going to be there.
Speaker 11: But okay, such, that's not like the worst it could be.
Speaker 3: Well, what was nick reaction when you said you're running an hour behind?
Speaker 12: Well, it wasn't.
Speaker 9: I just said I was running late.
Speaker 12: He said he'll see there, and then it turned into an.
Speaker 1: Hour, so he was sitting there waiting for me.
Speaker 12: I told him that it was work deadline. He said, take your time.
Speaker 9: I understand. I'll be here.
Speaker 1: Because say that, you know, like he actually waited an hour for you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 3: Man, was the date awkward? Like was he upset at all?
Speaker 9: If he was, he didn't say anything or didn't look like it. So yeah, so we.
Speaker 12: Had our good conversations some he ordered sushi.
Speaker 9: And then the night was still kind of young. So I was like, well, around the corner, there is this really good spot to go dancing.
Speaker 12: He seemed excited because he was like, oh my gosh, I haven't done that years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he seriously was excited to go out dancing.
Speaker 2: You don't believe a man likes to dance, Jeffrey, you love dancing.
Speaker 3: After after he waited an hour, they had dinner and drinks, and then he's like, I never dance, but I guess this time I will.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't think that he was making it up. He seemed like he was genuinely interested in doing it.
Speaker 3: He's a good liar.
Speaker 2: Okay, forget how good her lips are.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, he'll follow those. Anyways.
Speaker 1: Wait, was it like a club type of dancing or was it like country or Latin?
Speaker 9: No, it was in a hotel, you know, probably had like a little lounge area.
Speaker 7: But once we.
Speaker 12: Got there we sat down, there was like fire pits, you know.
Speaker 9: It was a whole vibe.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, so like more romantic than what I pictured in my head, like with fire pits and stuff.
Speaker 3: I was picturing like poles going up.
Speaker 7: No, I would not take him to the club.
Speaker 3: Okay, so did you actually dance at this dance?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Like I got up and started dancing. He decided he didn't want to dance, even though I trying to coax him up, but needed.
Speaker 3: Maybe as stupid question. Were other people dancing too? Or was it just you can imagine the fire pits and everything.
Speaker 9: You know, I am a person.
Speaker 7: I will watch to my own drum.
Speaker 2: That's me, okay. And then you show up to a place and nobody else Dan.
Speaker 6: If you ever hung out.
Speaker 3: With Brook out while, then you know what this is like.
Speaker 6: Did how can you not.
Speaker 2: Move your body when there's good music? I mean? Did I have no shame in my dancing game?
Speaker 3: Well? Maybe maybe that could have been a little bit awkward for him to just be sitting there while you were the only person in the entire room dancing, Or maybe it.
Speaker 2: Was awkward that and that's why he didn't.
Speaker 1: But you would think that, wouldn't he be impressed by her confidence and her like zest for life?
Speaker 3: You're really hoping for that, d Brook You.
Speaker 9: Don't really think that somebody would want to live that?
Speaker 3: Okay, live your life like No, it's good. You were leading the charge on having fun that night. How did you two end it?
Speaker 12: Well, I go him back to where his car was and I gave him a hug.
Speaker 9: But I showed him my phone. It was his profile picture from the dating app, and I was just like, well, what do I do with this?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a funny question.
Speaker 9: Do I delete or do I keep? Make them?
Speaker 3: Tell you? He's like delete it? What did he say?
Speaker 9: He said? Do whatever you like that?
Speaker 1: I don't know what was your vibe? Did that feel like a good answer to you?
Speaker 12: I mean I wasn't sure.
Speaker 9: And then he just got this car and rolled out.
Speaker 3: Well, he could be trying to play hard to get where it's like, yeah, you know, do whatever you want, so hard to get he's not even calling.
Speaker 1: Her, And you'll say, some men don't know how to play the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Maybe he just like was nervous and he didn't know what to say. That's why he had to get out.
Speaker 2: He didn't say, don't call it radio stations.
Speaker 3: If he didn't want that, he should have set the boundaries early on. So we're gonna call him whether he likes it or not. Practically try and get those ellips A second date updated after this hold on second date update. Doesn't every romantic movie end with the dude hopping in his car, peeling out and yelling do whatever you want.
Speaker 10: I don't care.
Speaker 3: They should end that way. It'd be way more realistic, because that's what happened to one of our listeners, Monica, who showed up an hour late to her date with Nick, but once she finally arrived, they had a good time, that is till the end of the night, when he kind of hopped in his vehicle, left in a hurry, and didn't seem very enthusiastic about meeting up another time. Yeah, Brooke, didn't your husband come home late smelling like sushi and fire pits recently? Or is that just the new scent from old spice?
Speaker 1: An he doesn't eat sushi, say he only likes really bland chicken breast.
Speaker 2: I know it's not him.
Speaker 3: We'll rule that one out. Yeah, I'm not sure what went wrong with Nick, Monica. Do you have any theories?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: I actually really thought that everything was great, Okay, I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe we're reading too far in Jeffrey into that do whatever you want line, because it could have been like it depends on tone, right, could be like do whatever you want, like you know, like I it wasn't like that, or it could have been his hair, do whatever you want, whatever you need.
Speaker 3: Let me out.
Speaker 2: It's aye a lot.
Speaker 3: Of emotions that could have been. We have no idea. We got to just reach out to Nick and see where his head is at. You ready, Monica, It could just be his thing. We call him and he picks up and he's like, do whatever you want. Yeah, his catchphrase, let's find out. I'm gonna dial his number. Here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Nick?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yes, you don't have to be afraid. We're just a friendly neighborhood radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Coming.
Speaker 3: Don't fear us. What This is a segment that we're doing. It's called a second Date Update, and we're reaching out because you went out with one of our listeners the other night named Monica.
Speaker 2: Remember Monica with the good lips?
Speaker 7: I mean I remember Monica.
Speaker 3: She remembers you too, and she had a great time hanging out with you the other night. Was thinking that there was going to be another date that came from it, but it hasn't happened yet. So really we're trying to help her figure out if there's a reason for.
Speaker 7: That she thought there was going to be another date.
Speaker 3: Cool Wow, whoa waiting?
Speaker 2: Cool Wow?
Speaker 3: We hear the ton We're okay, We're good. We're kind of optimistic for her, but we don't know what the reason is. If there is one, maybe you could help help us understand, because.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it should be really obvious to.
Speaker 2: Her and it's not.
Speaker 7: I mean, I assume you talked to her. I don't know what she's told you.
Speaker 2: She did say she was an hour late. Is that?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yees, she was over an hour late.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you waited.
Speaker 7: I was there early. I was already there when she texted me.
Speaker 2: You were there twenty minutes early? Because she said she texted twenty minutes. Don't do that.
Speaker 7: Oh no, yeah, I got there early because it's a busy place. Parking's kind of tough. I wanted to be comfortable. I wanted to be ready when she was there.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is really thoughtful.
Speaker 3: But she did ask you to get there twenty minutes early, so you can't blame it on her.
Speaker 11: This is why you're not supposed to be You can not about the hour, not the hour to one.
Speaker 1: Yes, it does sound from her description that you guys were able to move past that.
Speaker 2: I mean, she definitely felt bad.
Speaker 7: You know, I get it. Stuff happens, so I thought, you know, I'd give it a shot. See how things go?
Speaker 3: Okay, right, How was the rest of the date after she got there?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, pretty quickly I regretted not ever talking to her on the phone beforehand. For moment one. The vibes are just real bad.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was the attitude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 7: Well, she comes in hot, She's like, sorry, I'm late. You should know. I never eat after six?
Speaker 2: Oh is it after six?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 2: Is it after six?
Speaker 7: At this point, it's around seven, Like we planned on getting dinner at six. Okay, I think she eats all my food?
Speaker 2: Well wait, what what do you mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd already ordered it because she was like, I'm on my way, and I was like, fod'll be here ready for her?
Speaker 2: Oh no, And.
Speaker 7: She's like, no, I'm not gonna eat any of it, and then proceeds to eat all of it.
Speaker 1: She'd I mean, but the good news is you weren't ordering for just yourself right when you put the order in.
Speaker 2: When she was arriving, you were planning on her.
Speaker 7: Read Yeah, I was planning out her eating roughly half of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eat faster than keep up? Wait, what do you mean how about you? She eat?
Speaker 7: She ate all of it? She ate my half, she ate her hat. There was also the wine.
Speaker 3: She drank all the wine.
Speaker 7: The waitress came up and asked if she would like a drink. She doesn't even look at the server, and it's just like, give me a cab. That's what she yelled. She'll give me a cab, like a cabernet.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 7: The server then asked what kind, and she just goes give me the best waves her hand and goes give me the best expenses. Later, she's like, let's do another. Oh wow, And I'm like, no, I think you're done. I think you're cut off at three.
Speaker 2: Oh god, did it work for her?
Speaker 7: It was getting so expensive?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, I've heard enough of this little Oh.
Speaker 7: Okay, you are lying.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Monica, whoa man? Slow down a little bit, Nick, I need to inform you, just real quick. That's Monica. She's been quietly waiting on the other line to jump in and talk to you.
Speaker 9: Seething should be the other answer. I've been over here seating because he is a liar. I ate everything.
Speaker 8: Really, you had not one iota of that sushi.
Speaker 9: You didn't have a couple of cocktails, your damn self.
Speaker 3: Are you okay, Monica? You know I appreciate your passion. Let's let Nick respond to you.
Speaker 7: Nick, Monica, as always, that's a pleasure something which specifically I made up from that story because I'm pretty sure I told the truth. I didn't make up anything.
Speaker 9: You had no sishi, You had no sishi.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you ate all of it. I didn't have time to eat.
Speaker 9: Any other There is no shame in that over there, major painting. Okay, Yeah, I'm just shoveling it in.
Speaker 2: I think it's fine. Like maybe you just were so excited about the date you just weren't paying attention to.
Speaker 9: His knees whatever, he had some food. Okay, he's making.
Speaker 2: Out that the whole time.
Speaker 7: She also thought I was ugly.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't believe you. There, she told you ugly to your.
Speaker 9: Face, right, yeah, like I would call you ugly.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I'm calling a radio ship because I one in another date.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: You you couldn't believe anybody would message me on my dating purpose?
Speaker 3: Who did you?
Speaker 10: I mean?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he said he would get a lot of messages.
Speaker 7: I was a little shocked.
Speaker 3: But wait, you think it's a bad profile pic.
Speaker 1: I mean a man who waits an hour for a date probably doesn't have a lot of other options.
Speaker 7: Oh, I mean.
Speaker 2: That is I mean that is a dig.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry we're focusing so much on the negatives here. There must have been some positive things that you liked about the date.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I remember one thing would happen on the date. And as I asked if a medical assistant was the same as a nurse, and you just told me to Google it's ask questions. I mean, that's what Google is there for. You said your job was as a medical assistant, and I was making conversation.
Speaker 9: I made a conversation back Google it.
Speaker 2: I kind of like that. I might steal that too.
Speaker 3: Someone's like your personality, you know, like what is that You're like? Google it.
Speaker 2: I wish more than anything, I was a table sitting next year table on a first day. I'm watching the whole dancing at the club happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't even get it to the dances.
Speaker 6: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Love it was a hotel lobby for Nick.
Speaker 3: All right, So this this whole call is kind of getting away from us here. We we were hoping that after like the hour long bounce back, that we could maybe salvage this, and there's still a chance I'm.
Speaker 9: About to go out with him.
Speaker 10: I'm going to go out with liars.
Speaker 3: Well, he's not a liar. He's an ugly liar, at least according to Monica.
Speaker 7: So we should give him your word, your words.
Speaker 5: I didn't say that.
Speaker 3: I know what was said.
Speaker 7: You did.
Speaker 3: You did all I can do. All I can do here is offered to send you guys out on another date.
Speaker 5: And I'm good.
Speaker 1: We figured Monica, you are a spirited woman and I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 9: I've already had some kissers anyway, so it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Matter you've been kissing.
Speaker 10: Us.
Speaker 3: Ask him for this.
Speaker 9: I got a roster, I am got NBA.
Speaker 7: You gotta have a st bottle.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, just got from the team. Nicky been bench dude. I'm sorry, man.
Speaker 7: How will I ever get over it?
Speaker 6: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning?
Speaker 3: Does anybody else think Monica is going to look back at this as the one that got away?
Speaker 2: You're the only one, are you sure?
Speaker 12: Think?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 3: Here's a man who allows you to be as late as you want, eat all of the sushi on the plate, drink the best wine in the entire establishment. And then she puts down his dating profile.
Speaker 2: Wow on it. But he didn't tell her. He was like super passive aggressive about it.
Speaker 3: That's as polite as you can get as a man. You don't tell her exactly what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: Keep up the drink the wine, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yes, if Monica really does have a roster, I wonder when we're going to be hearing from her power forward or her shooting guard next, Like, who knows.
Speaker 2: I don't know that she's ever going to come back for our help.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she really enjoyed her so.
Speaker 3: I bet you what. She takes a center oft for days. He eats the most, so he's probably the most fun to go out with because they're big. They're huge. Yes, she sounded pretty fired up by it, so I just hope she doesn't take it out on the rest of her team. But you can today. Yeah, take your dating struggles out on us. We don't mind. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey