Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back.
Speaker 2: We're black.
Speaker 3: Jazz calls for jazz hands.
Speaker 2: Hey, how are you manage?
Speaker 3: Oh you know, I got my struggle, my struggle blush on, my struggle whip on. We're hanging in there.
Speaker 1: I was so proud of myself because I like did a little lightbeat for the first time with him. I never ever used a tinted moisturizer. You know who put me on the tinted moisturizer you know, no, Cole Walter two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: No, no, I was. I had no idea. I was like, wait, what so the Cole Walter cream come up?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 2: Tell us about BBE cream tips.
Speaker 1: There's a super talk with girl who I love, Nicole Walters On Like that's what literally her name on social media.
Speaker 2: She had like a TV show.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Nicole has the most beautiful, gorgeous, glowing black skin.
Speaker 2: And I was just like.
Speaker 1: But I just figured, you know, this is just you know, this is her look, like that's just and which it is.
Speaker 2: She has beautiful skin.
Speaker 1: But she was like that she loves like tinted moisturizer because it just helps to give it the all round even And I was like, say what now, how did I miss out the tinted moisturizer like trend?
Speaker 2: And I was like, wait what?
Speaker 1: So I'm mosied on down to the Sephora met Zanaiah hay Zanaya. She's a like, you know, she works at Sephora in Wilbrook Mall in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: And she was so nice.
Speaker 1: So we tried on all these different tinted moisturizers and I tried on this one called Granada from Nars and I was like, but Zania, I can't see it, she said exactly.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, and so.
Speaker 1: If you're watching on this on YouTube, girl, when I say my skin is because I already have decent skin. The skin is giving and the and I was like, you need a little eyebrow jels like don't play this and I but okay, and.
Speaker 2: So that's why my eyeballs are looking laid to the woods.
Speaker 3: Tell us about girl.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I was like, girl, just a few years ago, I was still working. I'm sorry giving you.
Speaker 3: So much shit. I deserve it a little bit, though I know you go on any longer.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Welcome Tiffany, Welcome of our Lord twenty No one of you girls have been out here slaying, and I was like, wow, look like that. Oh I'm just happy you're happy with a little pumpkin poppin. I love it.
Speaker 2: You know you have the top in another color, dude, last time, I sake, you have a good eye. Okay, journalist, i'd be playing.
Speaker 1: So did you hear about the Aurora bole Aurora borealist? Like that's just north They were supposed to be usable last night. Did you see any girl?
Speaker 3: I got about it like ninety.
Speaker 2: No, I did it from New York. You could see that.
Speaker 1: Well, this is like I think, like it's like you're out in the country. Well know, I came back. So, but every three hundred years or so there's something like that that you can see them, not just in Alaska, in Ireland and not Ireland Iceland. Those are the two places, and so we're supposed to be able to see it basically like in the North. So I went outside at night to take a look. But you know, with all the light, light pollution, pollution, Yeah, so I didn't get you know, we're going to get to see but I want to see the northern lions.
Speaker 2: That's on my bucket list. I want to go to Alaska or Iceland to see them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like even here it would be neat. But it's something about I don't know, those places where you can live in an igloo and then you know, like see it through your window. Yeah that sounds magical. Yeah. And Rika made me watch Succession last night. I mean he didn't make me, but like, you know, I was on the couch and I feel like getting up and he wanted to watch it.
Speaker 2: I just can't get into you. I know you don't, you know, a big TV fan.
Speaker 3: But Succession is a show that, like everyone talks about it wins all the awards, and it's basically like a version of the Murdoch family, just like this billionaire you know, multi billionaire family that the dad, the patriarch, owns like all these you know, this huge company that owns multiple companies and the kids are complete trash assholes and people are obsessed with it and you just watch them just kind of destroy each other and be horrible people. And I'm just like, but why I'm not I'm not in But they were in Norway. That's why I thought about it, and I was like, oh, I want to go to Norway. So at least I got something out of watching it. But anyway, and to what end.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about that this more. I was having a very like I don't know what it's esoteric, but like experience is warning. I was taking a shower and I thought to myself, So, let's just say, you spend eighty years working so hard to make all the money and have.
Speaker 2: All the but then one day you're not here.
Speaker 3: That's literally what the show's about. Tis it's called yes No you hit it ah ahead, and it's like and then you just see the wolves descend, and in your legacy is that you created these shitty humans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm just see, here's.
Speaker 1: The thing even if like I get it people like, oh, I want to create a legacy, But here's the thing about having a legacy. You literally are not here, so like you know what I mean, Like you're not here to see it through. You're not here to see if the legacy actually shakes out the way you wanted to. So I'm not saying that you shouldn't work hard to provide for your family and errors and things like that, but it's like, I don't know, it's like you've almost sacrificed yourself and your goodness and whatever to what end, Because no matter how much money people make, it all ends. I mean, if Steve Jobs passing away taught us nothing, is that money and wealth and access and everything that he had at his fingertips. He's not here and he was young, relatively speaking, and so it just seemed like such a foolish endeavor to spend the time that you are here doing not so great things.
Speaker 2: So I just was thinking about.
Speaker 3: Less You're going to create great humans who can carry on and do good with them. That's that's what it's about. Yes, yeah, I know what you mean. I know what you mean. It's like, if you're going to leave the place, leave what you built with people who are inherently like selfish and self serving and have their best interests at heart, then thanks, appreciate you the rest of the world, and thank you, mister rich guy. You know, so leave things just the way they are when you were here. But ooh I did, even though I overslept through my nap.
Speaker 2: I did. Of course.
Speaker 3: I always have time to check Instagram real quick, and I'm not gonna lie. The first thing I saw is that Don Lemon just got Acts from CNN.
Speaker 2: I knew that was coming, and.
Speaker 3: Don Lemon has been there for I know, I feel like every couple years. It was like a Don Lemon controversy. But it just reminded me again because his statement, his statement came out and he was like, I was stunned. I had no idea today that I wouldn't be or there was no indication that I wouldn't be able to continue the great work that I've done there. And I'm like, yep, like everybody else, when they decide that you are no longer serving them and their business needs, they will kick your ass to the side. And if you're a woman of color, a person of color even quicker. So Don Lemon ain't special. What was it this time? He said old women were past their prime. That was the last thing I remember. I knew he was.
Speaker 2: I said, Don, you're about to be on your wheel.
Speaker 3: But he'll be fine, you know, like he'll have a podcast by tomorrow exactly. So, but I just welcome.
Speaker 1: I was thinking too, like even like there was this. I went live last night on like Instagram for a little bit and when I was finished, I like swiped through a few stories and one of the stories I saw people always got meme, so you know, Jamie Fox has been hospitalized.
Speaker 2: Reportedly, yes, stroke gone. Reportedly they're saying it's for a stroke. Now, well, you know that's.
Speaker 1: What the people say, but who knows, okay, if that's true or not. And so they said that he was like working on a movie. I think he had two more weeks left. And so this is all supposed reportedly, this is what you know, this is all from my meme. So you know, God take it with the smallest grain of smallest sault anyway, that he's working on a movie. There's only like two weeks of shooting left, and instead of waiting for him to recover, they instead just finished with his body double right, And so, like the memes purpose was to say that, like, take your rest because even if you don't, they will find somebody to replace you, you know. And that was just like dark but true, but meaning that like sometimes we say that we will break ourselves in order to you know, get something accomplished, only to find out that like if we.
Speaker 2: Just said no, they would figure it out.
Speaker 1: We all, you know, we act like we're the oh, y'all be all the people won't figure it out.
Speaker 2: They'll figure it out, you know.
Speaker 3: Hm, that's the same speech I give to anyone who's really frustrated or really I'm concerned about leaving their job for a new opportunity, and they're like, but I've made such an impact with the team, but my my, you know again the word legacy or what I've built here, and I'm just like, it's going to be okay. People have quit before. You have entire prime minister's quitting right now, like someone Biles left the Olympics and said they're all good. You know, I think that there's at the same time, you know, Don Lemon left, it does feel like there's this you know, we haven't had a chance to talk about this, but when you were on, when you were in traveling in March, there was this influencer and now I'm not going to remember her name, but she kind of went viral because she had, you know, built this huge following, had this very successful business and basically wrote like I'm kind of done, y'all, I'm going to walk away from this for a while.
Speaker 2: I think I saw I had send you a message. I'm like, we should have her, which is so ironic because she ain't gonna be on.
Speaker 1: Did send me a message? And I was like, wow a sidebar, cousin. Yeah, we talked about that later. We talked about that, lady. We talk about the later boost.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, there have been you know these I just you know this, these people who are announcing that they're they are choosing like a different path and they're just you know, leaving, and it's like, Okay, but your people and but your followers they rely on you, but your audience and this, and that they're gonna be fine. You know, they'll find another I mean, they'll maybe miss you, hopefully you'll be missed. But at the same time, it shouldn't stop you from pursuing whatever it is that like we deserve, we deserve to pursue what lights us up and not feel this burden to you know, continue to do a dog and pony show that we're just not interested in anymore.
Speaker 1: Girl, When I tell you, that's what I love, That's what the life was about last night. That like one of the benefits of like taking like a deep break from social media is that I didn't feel the urgency that social media kind of like you know, so much stuff, I don't know what's happening, and so I get to actually just look at my day to day life and just enjoy it as it is, not as I wish it could be, you know, because we will literally stress ourselves out over something we just learned. Like I was like, I had never heard of tuloom five years ago, you know, of course Mexico, but I never heard of to Loom Mexico. And now the girls can't live without Tulum. They can't live without Toulu. Everybody go to Loom. I'm like, yeah, I didn't even know to Little existed five years.
Speaker 2: Ago, but so media fortieth every bachelor girl but some of y'all, like I did hear about to Little.
Speaker 3: He got a really good press person or social media.
Speaker 1: Girl was tired the tuloom is Tulum was like, actually, we're good over here. But I see all that to say that, like it became like this destination that you must do, but so many people had never even heard of it before, and that social media sometimes the world we live in now can create urgency where there is now. I was talking to my sister Carol the other day and my niece Samiliar, who's six. She has to put a lock on the tablet because they keep downloading games and things for a dollar two dollars whatever.
Speaker 3: Once Roman downloading a stock market girl.
Speaker 1: This boy told his mother, I want to do a summer program where I could do math and build things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not downloading money the other.
Speaker 2: Regulars, right, and he's just out here just you know, just who knows. It's probably a casino app. Just don't baby, Because.
Speaker 1: So she asked a mother, can you cause now that Carol has a cold loock on it? Mommy, can you put in your numbers? And she said no, And so Amelia was like, it's only.
Speaker 2: A dollar ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Can imagine the six year old who pays no bills because I guess in her mind her birthday just passed. So she's like, girl, if it's money, you need more more more, Yes, exactly we do. And so she was like Amelia, no, And the way Amelia I actually had to tell Carol, can you check out my niece because she sounds like she's being dangled from the top of a building and it's scared for her life because the way she had a meltdown for something that she did not even know existed until five minutes ago. And I thought to myself, this is how we're navigating that, you know, we can all be like, oh, mim be a good girl. But it's like we are all navigating from the space of things that we didn't even know existed. All of a sudden, there's this urgency and this need. And honestly, I was reading an article, I think it was CNBC of how it's costing young people their financial future. You know, you're spending money on things that you don't you know, necessarily even make you happy. You are, you know, telling yourself like soft life, which is nothing wrong with that, but you have no work experience, you know, like even this I've always I wanted to talk to about the work from home. Do we talk about the work from home girlfriend? No, the girl the stay at home girlfriend movement?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like people I have to skip. I was like, make sure the algorithm knows I don't want these videos. But yes, basically like a kept girlfriend who's like bragging about it on social media and yes, aesthetic everything.
Speaker 1: But the problem is is that most of these kept most of these kept girlfriends, they think they're winning because most of them are in their twenties and they think my boyfriend is taking care of me. All I gotta do is BQ, make sure he's good. But the problem is your boyfriend is out there getting an education, work experience all of the end starting to set aside for you know. Let's just like assume that he has a four one care whatever I work and setting aside money for retirement in his twenties and you throughout.
Speaker 3: Your twenties dimension social security girl, so you your twenties, he's that man you know, know eligible.
Speaker 1: Exactly and even if he takes care of it, but you have no work experience like you know, or your work experience is going to be limited. It doesn't start into you're thirty or thirty five like everybody knows. Hopefully you know the power of compound and interest that it would take you if you don't. If you start saving at twenty, you don't have to put aside nearly as much then if you start saving at forty or thirty or something, So you're missing out on all that juicy compound interest of that money that you can have set aside and invest in. And even if you're like, well, he's going to take care of me for life, Let's just say your your boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Is amazing ends up marrying you. He's awesome.
Speaker 1: I lost the love of my life, and he was all those things amazing, awesome. So you cannot control someone just literally might not be here, not because they don't want to be, because something tragic happens, and then what And so I just think that social media is actually making people broken, which is really.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know, it's just yeah, I mean, it's tails all this time. There's always going to be a way for I knew. I guess when we were When I was a kid, it was the toys or rust Sunday catalog that thick newspaper came and we'd fight over who got to get the catalog first, and that would tell you what toys you wanted, plus commercials, you know. So like I think it's tail as old as time and so cheez something trying to I have had, you know, and I know friends of mine who have two. On those bad days when the kids are crying over things, you know, toy a toy. Yesterday, Rio was obsessed with a dinosaur egg that you can it's basically a piece of dirt that they saw with the plastic dinosaur inside for the low low price of like four dollars per egg. And I guess he must have seen something on YouTube because I'm not gonna lie this weekend.
Speaker 2: It was a.
Speaker 3: Screen heavy gun weekend, and he's like, I want to go the Dinosaur egg store. Everything he thinks to the normal. It's like a store all freaking day and then anyway, I don't know, just my lack of willpower and my husband, who never has willpower. He cannot watch this baby cry. We ended up at Target later in the day and I immediately found the to I knew where it was, and Rio meanwhile had to go. He's like, mom, because I'd never really let him loosen Target, He's usually in the cart. I'm stuffing snacks in his face to keep him on that side of the store, and he's like, there's so many toys and his eyes were just like so overwhelmed. I'm proud of him because I think it was almost too much for him to just compute. He's like, but this and that and you know, and I was like, yes, and we came for this one, and aren't you happy? And do you want me to put this back so you can, you know, find something to He's like, no, I really wanted that egg toy. But yeah, I'm like a lord of mercy trying to it's going to be a battle, I think for ourselves and for the cheeran to try to raise ourselves too, just like resist that. And I think it really comes down to like constantly checking in with yourself about what brings you joy and peace, because it's it's so much easier to ignore the other stuff. And I think that had I not had I not spent sort of the last decade and you know, living in a city of materialism and things, but then really have like being grounded in what the things that I wanted, Like I wouldn't have this house, I wouldn't pay for this wedding. I wouldn't be able to start my own business, shouts out to twenty two. I'm just like twenty two to twenty six year old Mandy does not get enough credit, hard like for the life that she created for me now because man, like the smallest things, like you said, saving investing that now I'm not able to do as easily because I don't work nine to five and I'm figuring out this new thing. I'm not as pressed or stressed because I'm like, Okay, I made moves in the first decade of my career that are paying dividends. To me. Now, So if I don't even do anything, I've done something, yes, you know, and it's like what I was always But that comes I think from I don't know, maybe these stay at home girlfriends never saw a single mom be broke with four kids trying, you know, and had that experience of like seeing your mom's credit card or debit card get declined at a grocery store. And I'm just like, no, that's what I value. I value security and you know, instability and independence. And I don't know, they'll have their they'll have a wake up call one day, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but it's going to be an expensive one. That's the thing. Hope it ain't my kids. I know I'm cheating.
Speaker 3: I hope my boys don't grow up keeping a stay at home girl. And I hope they're like, man, you need to get a job for your own security. Yeah, because you just don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, even if someone is amazing and wonderful on all the things, it's just I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: Like, here's the thing, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 1: You know, if you're fortunate that let's just say you're married, you know, and basically you have a contractual obligation to do certain things. Fine, if you want to be a stay at home mom whatever, and you know, I think that's honestly that the work.
Speaker 2: That's hard work. Okay, take me to work.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you know, no, no, no, absolutely no disrespect to stay at home moms.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, or stay at home dad, just to stay at home parent. That work is the is the work. But what I'm saying is stay at home girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Sits like, you know, like you're your best years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw a really good I saw a really good explanation or like a debate from a mom on TikTok who you know, she has kids and I think she has four kids, and she shared that she spends five thousand dollars a month on childcare for her four kids. And I'm thinking, wow, what a bargain because it is daycare alone is twenty three hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 2: You're like, what about Jesus.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, that's like a two for a two, you know, because for the cost of that, I'm going to have two kids in daycare. And of course everyone's like thinking about the math, Well, do you make that much money a month? Does it make more sense for you to just stay at home and take care of the kids. And her argument was, I'm not going to be doing this forever, y'all, Like, they're not going to be in daycare for the next twenty thirty years of my career. And if I leave my career to save five thousand dollars, you have to understand I'm setting myself back, Like why is no one thinking of that? Of course you are. I mean I coach women who are trying to re enter the workforce, and you can say, is you know, we all respect stay at home moms and all that, but at the end of the day, that huge resume gap, it does make a difference. It is hard to come back from. So yeah, you have to we need more messages like that. You got to think about yourself long term.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's five thousand dollars, sixty thousand dollars a year. I'm like, yeah, she probably lives in Georgia too, And I'm like, that's a bargain.
Speaker 1: I mean, And you're right though, when you really because I remember at the time when the both Carols kids were in in a what's it called it? In preschool, it was like, I want to say, twenty two hundred and twenty three, and you're right, that probably was a bargain for the both of them, you know, for the both of them. Yeah, you know, and so like and I knew she was like, I can't wait too, gets old.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Because in Jersey preschool so like, if you go to basically like a public preschool, it could be free. So that's what she was just I could just get them to, you know, preschool then you know, like.
Speaker 3: Years of struggle.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh wow, this is why people don't be having kids. It's so fun now.
Speaker 3: And I'm such a IOK of my husband all the time, and I'm like, why do we pick the one area of Westchester that doesn't have universal pre K yeah, which we get to pay for an extra year of daycare, so he's going to be in there until he's four almost five. Yeah, anyway, I think, amou it's chances me out but shout out to I don't even know where how we got on that subject. But you're crazy if you're not continuing, I mean, you're short sighted and like it will bite you in the ass if you're not continuing to invest in your skill set, in your knowledge, in your how you can contribute to Society for a book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also just putting putting away money, like you know, yes, if you're not putting aside money, chow. So I just I want to see my kind of so renovations, you know, where I have to. I'm getting a quote now from I've found a contractor, same people who really helped me before Jermaine and Rihanna remain Home and sough. So that I told you, it's twenty eight hundred script feet and I want to refinish the floors because they're kind of like a.
Speaker 2: Peanut buttery color.
Speaker 1: It's very typical of the time that it was built, which is like one hundred years as all blazed and yeah, it's not terrible, just not you know, just not the vibe I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: So Jermaine went to look.
Speaker 1: He was like, so, there's about twenty five hundred squipt feet the floor to refinish and we're gonna, you know, talk to a refinisher.
Speaker 2: But it might be upwards of like forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I was like, what my cap was twenty five thousand? I just said, right, So, like I set aside one hundred thousand dollars for renovations.
Speaker 2: Carpets coming back. You know, the thing is I can keep the forest as is. It's not the worst thing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I just we've been decy. Hopefully the refinisher says something closer to twenty five thousand. But it's just like so it's almost like you ask yourself. You know, I'm in a space now where it's like, how much do I invest into this property because I plan on staying here for while, and honestly, I'm not looking to resell like this property, I plan just like the house I live in now, it's paid off, y'all know. I bought that condo was five point twenty Funny, I paid it off in full, like you know, so there's no morgage there. So this will just be included into my estate. And when I'm no longer here, it's part of my trust. It goes to my heirs. So I'm not as concerned about my return quote unquote on investment, although I mean the way where I live in Jersey, the prices just keep going up, so I'm sure I'll see a return, but I'm not as concerned. But I'm just also like, we gonna see I'll keep you guys updated about like you know, I'll get probably the final quote of all the things I want to do, Like the plumbing and electric are updated, but I want to like rechange the tile. I want to refinish them, the cabinets in the kitchen, I want to put some molding, and so there's a lot of esthetic things I want to do.
Speaker 2: And I'm coming under a one hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: We've been to see now, well, I pray for you, but yeah, I mean that play. So that's all the pictures, and that had a lot of personality to it. So I think it is the kind of thing where you're not able to really go in there and not like if you don't, it almost like you're wearing a costume or someone else. Yes, you know, clothes for a while, which is good. You know. The whole thing is like I think you move into a house and it does feel like you want to start doing things, but the slower you can go as slow as you need to, one room at a time.
Speaker 2: No, girl, please, I'm not moving into that place. Is done? Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh really, because I'm like a girl where I live around the corner, so I'm not in rush like I want like I want it to be. I would like to move in and not done like all the furniture, but like done, like all the renovations, so all the tile, all the I don't want anybody in my house stuff. Yes, and so then I can get furniture at will. But yeah, the plus two, you know, Carol and the kids are going to move into this house and just pay.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask, are they in there yet, because I'm sure she's like when you.
Speaker 1: Move in, girl, she is, she is, and a Milion is always like, so this is my room, right, I'm like, no, this is mommy's room.
Speaker 2: She's like whatever.
Speaker 3: Girl's explained to her timelines and budgets.
Speaker 2: So they're so excited about living here. It's like perfect for them.
Speaker 1: They're school, which goes up to eighth grade, is right down the street, so they're like so excited.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so I would.
Speaker 1: Love to get in by you know, August, so the kids because school starts in September for Jersey kids, I would love for them to be able to move in by like mid August so they can be settled, you know, and you know school starts in September, and then October is my birthday, so I would have like a birthday party slash housewarming where all the people can come. Yeah, and so that way we can celebrate, you know, the new house and my renovation and my birthday. So I'll be forty four.
Speaker 2: Jesus, that's a.
Speaker 3: Cool such an that's an auspicious number though, forty four. Something about that feels lucky. It does. Well, I'm really excited for you. I don't know when all I don't know whatever husband went through that this is. I'm like trying to hide it, but I have so much crap behind me right now. Husband finally went to the crawl space and took the baby stuff out, and he's like, I.
Speaker 2: Can't do anything right.
Speaker 3: What did dude? Always something clean and bell. I'm like, well, when I said take it out, I didn't mean put it behind my office where I like, on my office floor where I have to be on camera. But yeah, I see stacks of baby clothes and a baby orn that I have to remember how to do, little little baby car seat. Oh lord, it's really happening. But before I get too overwhelmed and start crying again because all I do is fucking cry. Now, why don't we take a break, Okay, for a boost and break.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all see in a minute, and we're back. Okay, Mandy is not crying.
Speaker 3: Before and before husband made me watch Succession last night. I was he was putting Rio down to sleep and I would. He came down and I was watching like Taking three.
Speaker 2: It was like Liam Neeson, you know, just.
Speaker 3: Because I was like, I can just watch people shoot each other. I guess like everything we cry, I can't watch anything. Yeah, I'm just a I'm just an emotional mess. But we're back in black and brown and were ready for a vintage section of a vintage segment that we rarely do. I feel like anymore incentive.
Speaker 2: I can't remember. It's all like it's time booster breaking booster. No, but there's something before it. If it's like a little entry, gonna boost, are gonna break, what you're gonna do, what you're gonna take.
Speaker 1: But it's always like but there's like something before, Like girl, I don't remember what I say in the beginning. Anyway, we're gonna boost, We're gonna record that. We really should that way, it's always there. We gotta go grab one of.
Speaker 2: The old one. We could solve so many problems.
Speaker 1: I promise you because the way our our listeners are, they're like, I like this struggle.
Speaker 3: They're like trying to think of it in their heads, like what version will be here today?
Speaker 1: I know, like that's not even it to I'm like, girl, I don't remember. If you actually remember, you know what, leave us a voice note. That would be hilarious on Instagram so we can get our Oh maybe we'll use your voice. Leave us a voice note and we can shout to you. I'll be like, you know what, this booster break is borne to you.
Speaker 3: We can't keep though.
Speaker 2: I know that's true. That's true.
Speaker 1: I'm all like, yeah, then we'll fly you out anyway.
Speaker 3: I would do that sometimes when I was editing, I'd be like, I'm like, we ain't doing that.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna I'm gonna boost Okay. So mine is just really simple and easy. So shout out to ra Meet Sethi, the first brown person I've ever seen in personal finance. It was literally I was in high school and my sister was in college. My sister Karen, she's two years older than me, and she came home and was like, oh my god, I'm reading this book I will teach you to be rich. And he's hilarious. She was like, he is a son of immigrants, just like me, and it's really helping me get my money together. And at the time I was like I don care. I was like, you know, like sixteen or whatever, and she was like, I said.
Speaker 2: She was in college.
Speaker 1: But I just remember distinctly remember like her getting his book that long ago. And so now it is, I mean, it is a classic. Especially I'm so glad there's a classic by like, you know, a brown person. And so now Ramat has a news show on Netflix called How to Get.
Speaker 2: Rich and it's doing so well.
Speaker 1: It's in the top ten, which is amazing on Netflix's which is a huge accomplishment.
Speaker 3: I've seen it when I go on there, but I haven't had a chance to tune in here. I haven't tuned INNY.
Speaker 1: So I watched like the first episode and no verse two and so one of them was so good. And then we talked about the stay at home parents. So it's this guy who was an engineer, but he has like two kids with his wife. She makes a lot of money as I'm like, in a marketing or whatever, like two fifty or something like that, and he's a stay at home dad and the level of disrespect.
Speaker 2: Heaped on him, Joe it is.
Speaker 1: You have to watch that one by who his wife a girl. She basically says that he can't move no money without tapping her on the shoulder, like he's a baby, and she was like, why should he do anything with the money when I'm making it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Si, he's raising the girls. It's really really I mean.
Speaker 3: Men in the sixties street, Yes, and.
Speaker 1: That's exactly she's basically giving him. But I just to watch it is so cringey because you know, she's basically like basically, he was like, the more she makes, the less valuable I become.
Speaker 2: I'm like Jesus, so basically like, why are you even here?
Speaker 1: You know, I know, I was like, but I mean it's a really great commentary on like this is how what women have been dealing with since to be beginning of time. But honestly, it's just yeah, it just he's like, you know, like I he said, literally he's an engineer. He literally was like, being a stay at home dad is literally harder than any engineering job I've ever had. I'm so glad that he said that. He was like, this is hard. But he's like, you know, but you know, I get to love on my babies. I love the fact that I'm here with them because they're still really young.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: But I don't like the fact how my wife because once she's like running them into credit card dad, she's not she's mishandling the money and then he has.
Speaker 3: No So that's why she doesn't want him touching it. Also because she doesn't want to get him too close to the money. Yes, man, I love that they find these people.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm like her.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna feel better as a wife and a mother by watching it. And I'll watch it.
Speaker 2: Watch it.
Speaker 1: Let's way, so we can chat that out to be like chat like I would love to hear from y'all, like tweet us, instagram us, Like what do you think I haven't watched all the episodes yet, but I've been too, just like like I said, just I just love the fact that like, cause you know, for me, if you follow over me, he is sarcastic, He don't care. He gonna talk terrible about the banks. He is going to drag MLMs. He is holy holistically himself, unapologetically so. And someone he reposted a screenshot of someone saying something to the fact that, like, I'm so glad they have like a dark skinned, hairy Indian on He was like, yes, represent us, like and I just thought it was so fun. I mean, I just love the fact that this level of representation, and it's it's what I love is that you know, he's the central character you don't re meeat goes through. And as a result, his Instagram has blown up well over four hundred thousand people. I don't know where he was before. His books have sold out everywhere. It just really is like a rising tide lifts all boats and I love to see it. And so yeah, support how to get rich and we could check about it. You guys can tweet us and we can talk about like, you know, your episodes that you like, the ones that make you say damn.
Speaker 3: You know. So I hope that we get him on the show soon. I know that I had. I think, I yeah, I think we're working on that for a minute. You know, for meat y'all met.
Speaker 1: Before, right, No, I actually never met him person. He invited me to his I was like, re meet him me. I was like, oh, I want you to come to my the screet like you know, the screening party. I was like, sure, because I thought we meet it lived in New York.
Speaker 2: I think he does.
Speaker 1: But then I looked. I was like, for meet, this is in Hollywood. Bruh, Like I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: Be to make what you don't just like get on your jet.
Speaker 1: But it's always just like some so I don't know him personally personally, but like you know, socially, I do so and he just seems like, you know, like a dope, funny, like like very what you see is what you get type of guy, which I.
Speaker 3: Like, Oh, well, good for him, congrats for me. I'm want to check out that episode in particular, because again, I would love to feel better about marriage and motherhood and all those things. My boost I have a couple one Tiffany knows, but I'm hopefully going to be announcing a book now. I've been a little quiet, I think on the book journey front, because I did. I signed with an agent like a month or two of no a couple months ago. And after you get an agent to kind of take the wheel and get you know, send good jillions of emails out to publishers and stuff. I happened, and I told Tiffany this, I was a little disappointed to hear that some of the feedback has been focused on my audience, because I mean, y'all know, I mean, I focus on like women of color, especially in black women in my work. That's just where my heart is, and that's some of the feedback has been, like the audience is a little narrow. But in spite of all that, I have had a couple of big publishers interested. So fingers triple dipple crossed that I have something fun to announce and then I have something to you know, beyond Beyonce this weekend and like growing a human, birthing a human, I'll have something else to look forward to for the summer and next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm just proud.
Speaker 1: Who really proud of me, Mandy, because you're just like I was telling Tracy, you know, my publicist. She was like, did Mandy just I said exactly one thing about Mandy is she gonna get it done? You were just like this, I think I want to write. And then it was like, I need an agent. You did your due diligence, found the right agent for yourself. You're like, I want to have a really good, you know, book proposal. You did you do this just found a pro proposal. Coach, you were a proposal, and I mean literally all like you. You know, you really inspire me many because I know how hard making the tradition, the transition from corporate to like, you know, working for yourself. I mean I never doubted you because I could spot a winter winter chicken dinner and I was like girl, I ultimately, yes, I was like Mandy, of all the people, not you, because I know that you are committed to doing the work required, and that's all that's required to be successful. Honestly, certainly there's luck, certainly there's but the work required means that you are someone who will continue to do the work until until it's done, meaning that like, yes, they're going to be you know, short stops and I'm not sure it stops, but pitfalls and you know, and things along the way, but you will do the work necessary to bypass those things. And that's really it. That's the magic, sauce. Are you willing to keep going? That's if you are someone who's willing to keep going, then you will see success. It might take you ten years, it might but are you willing to keep going? And so I just know you, and so I'm not shocked, you know, or surprised, and I know that like it's just bigger and better and greater things. I'm so glad that Corpora didn't work out for you, because we need you out here in the streets. You are street sold and now you act it with us.
Speaker 3: Ah, thanks, Tiff, I receive it. That's that's such a that's a perfect compliment for me, because that is so true. I mean, I will I don't like to make big goals and not have a plan to get them done. So I'm really good at executing and just getting from point A to B. And it's been a long journey. I think this time last year I started looking for a proposal coach, and I was like, I want to make this happen. And I finally and it also came down to me feeling like I finally had the thing to say, you know, and I finally had the message that I would write. It takes a long time to write a book, and I don't want to do a half asked just for it. I'm not doing it just to have something out there. I want to do it because it means something. And so if I'm going to spend the next two years souse. That's what they're saying. Twenty twenty five, y'all, he's getting those books hopefully up the bookshelf, fingers crossed. I'm painting my nails while I'm sitting here because I can't sit here with the bottle of nail polish and not fiddle with it. Apparently love it, so they've gone for nothing to yellow. Yeah, well you can't see it up close, you know how it is when you do your own nails. But anyway, thank you so much. Yeah, that's that's really what's about. Because I this has been a long it's been a I know it's been a short time. It's been a couple of years since I launched, but it still has felt like a very long journey. But it's about believing in yourself and just believing in like the fact that if you map out a plan and you execute that plan and you don't let your brain get in the way of stopping you from completing that plan, because that's so often when it is right, it's like our own self doubt. It's like, but why me do I deserve? Should I be here? What do I have to say that matters? And I'm at that point where I feel like I got some shit to say that matters, and I'm really excited to say it. So thanks, tiff. I just appreciate that. That's why, that's why we not just sister friends, be cousins.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, girl, because that's my other boost. That's my other boost.
Speaker 3: I have nothing to show for it, but I went back. I had done twenty three and me forever ago. But I forgot somehow that I am twenty percent Nigerian. Yeah, that's and it's not even a question. My people came from Nigeria. So I texted Tiffany. I was like, so, by the way, I would like an invite to Thanksgiving. I would like Superstanta. I want to be on the sister List. Whatever the secret clubs are, can I be in them?
Speaker 2: I don't know. No, But isn't that cool?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: It is because you're like forty percent West African? Do you claim me? I do forty yeah, forty nine, forty seven.
Speaker 3: I forget.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's a high percentage, oh West African. Yeah, I need to look at that again because I'm like fifty The Europeans do got me all. I'm not going to even try to front fifty three form point four. But that's because are you black, You still got a little something in you, you know what I mean? Anyway, I'm fifty three percent European, it's all, and it's like British and Irish, and which makes sense because I do know that part of my mom's family. But then on the African side, yeah, post this in the group notes for y'all. Oh, that's right, thirty nine point nine percent West African. I'm forty five percent Sub Saharan African. But of that forty percent West African, and then of that twenty percent Nigerian Ghana. Sorry, you're in a very very very far away second place as six percent, and then something about broadly East broadly West African.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm very proud of that. I would love to visit Nigeria.
Speaker 1: We got to give you, well, you know you have the firstborn daughter or no, yes, I am okay, So we're going to call you. We did this already a dase right when you first told me, didn't I give you a d A d so adeve means so Ada is daughter, which oftentimes this is what you'll call, like, say, if you were to come in to like you know, like you and your family were coming and your dad was bringing you to, like, I don't know, visit one of his Nigerian friends.
Speaker 2: He thought, oh, this is Ada.
Speaker 1: Which would mean they would instantly know this is my firstborn daughter. And then Esse and Ebo is king, so ada so adase means daughter for king.
Speaker 2: So basically princess. So that's what. So we're going to leave you a dase because you're the firstborn daughter. Mm hmm. So we call you princess?
Speaker 3: Is a Guanians who named you based on the day of the week that you're born.
Speaker 2: Well, Nigerians do that too sometimes mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I was born in the letters day.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what that girl, you know be no Ebo, but I do. I do know that oftentimes first or daughters bought us our name a dose, which is I always thought was such a pretty name. So it's literally very frenetic a d a easy, so literally super phrenetic. Ebo is super phrenetic.
Speaker 3: So and are you adoce with an A or with or a dot.
Speaker 2: Adochi ado adochi?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I'm gonna have to find out more about my I really do my my little brothers. He really is pushing for me and my dad and him to go to do a trip somewhere in Africa. I don't know. I think he's pushing for Kenya. I don't know where else were don't have to stop in Nigeria.
Speaker 1: Yesci just out here. We're about to rename brown Bisious.
Speaker 3: Oh that's fun, all right, y'all for rocking with us. I guess by the time this show comes out, we'll know if we won the Webbie Girl won. PA feeling good about it.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good about it.
Speaker 3: Fifty feel printing out a lot of it. You know, you never know until you know. I might have woke up at like five in the morning, Saturday evening morning whatever to buy a dress.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say, that's right.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think I do have ad dress because I bought it in Kenya.
Speaker 1: That's right. Because we gonna be black up on that stage. I think I'm gonna wear a dress I want in Kenya. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, big things popping, but not me.
Speaker 3: You better stay in there, a little boy, I need my four weeks.
Speaker 2: On that note, we will talk to you later.
Speaker 3: V A Fam bye byby a fam, Hey ba fam. We could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the scenes. The Brown Ambition podcast is produced by Imani Crosby and Dennis Stanplinsky is our in house tech guru.
Speaker 2: I am your co host Mandy Woodrif Santos, and we will see y'all next week.
Speaker 3: Ba FAM