Speaker 1: Don't be out here acting like a donkey pitch.
Speaker 2: It's time for Donkey of the Day. I'm a big boy.
Speaker 3: I could take it if he feel out deserve It ain't no big deal, I know, Charlamagne God gonn.
Speaker 2: You gotta say something you may not agree with.
Speaker 3: It doesn't mean I'm mean, who's getting that donky, that donkey that don't don't don't don't don't don't the other day right here.
Speaker 2: To the breakfast club. Bitch, you can call me the donkey of the day, But like I need no harm, Yes.
Speaker 3: Donkey today for Wednesday, June fourth goes to Defense Secretary of Pete Hegseth. You know, Pete Hegseth are the same guy who was sharing details of a missile attack on signal. Okay, I don't know why he just didn't download WhatsApp like the rest of us. But Pete hegsethf the man who provides the president with expert okay, and I put expert in air quotes advice on national security and defense matters.
Speaker 2: It's clearly bored. Okay.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going on in the world that I'm sure he could be focused on. But yesterday we found out that he is focused on renaming ships. Yes, ships, Okay, Pete hex Seth is what did the Navy to review the names of vessels honoring gay rights activists Harvey Milk, Harriet Tubman, and Ruf Beta Ginsburg.
Speaker 2: Let's go to ABC seven for the report.
Speaker 4: Please, the Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth has ordered the Navy to take the rare step of renaming a ship. The ship is named for murdered gay rights activists and Navy veteran Harvey Milk. Military dot Com first reported the timing of the announcement during Pride Month is intentional. Harvey Milk was forced to resign from the Navy in nineteen fifty five because of his sexual orientation. The us NS Harvey Milk is part of the John Lewis class of oilerships that are named after civil rights leaders.
Speaker 3: Okay, we all know that the Trump administration wants to purge all programs and policies and books and social media mentions of any references to diversity, equity, and inclusion. They are literally trying to erase anything they consider other out of the history books.
Speaker 2: Okay, it makes no sense.
Speaker 3: What other reason would you have to not want a ship named after Harvey Milk or Harriet Tubman or RBG. It's just the racier, nothing more, nothing less, and everyone just needs to call it what it is. By the way, none of those three people would be considered dei highers.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: They all earned their legacies, they all earned their reputations.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: The reason they have their names on those ships, the reason people wanted to name those vessels after them, is simply because they're trailblazers who actually did things that people should recognize in honor.
Speaker 2: And you want to erase that. Why.
Speaker 3: I need to see the signal chat about this, Pete, Okay, I need to see what your real reasoning is, not the politically correct reasoning you give into the media. Just tell us the truth, because the truth is you want to erase the legacy of civil rights leaders and gay icons like Harvey Milk in America. We cannot heal from what we don't reveal, Okay. Hiding our history is just simply going to hurt our future. Now, Pete, you are the Secretary of Defense, Okay, focusing on your job is crucial for the safety of not only this country, but the world.
Speaker 2: Every American should be saying.
Speaker 3: To themselves, Hey, Pete, don't you got better things to be doing? Okay, Pete XCEF, you yourself just highlighted the threat posed by China's military build up. Okay, in particular concerning Taiwan. You could be focused on that. What about the ongoing conflict in Ukraine? Pete, you were absent at a recent NATO meeting on Ukraine and had people questioning the US's engagement in the conflict. Don't tell me you was absent from the meeting because you're too busy worried about ships being named after Harriet Tubman. Okay, your Pete. The Department of Defense has proposed significant budget cuts, which I'm happy about because anytime you want to talk about wasteful spending, you should start at the DD. But if these budget cuts reduce senior military ranks by twenty percent, like they are proposing, then that could impact the military strategic and operational readiness. And y'all definitely not gonna be ready if the Department of Defense is too busy worried about renaming ships, Okay, Pete XF, I don't care what a ship is named. When there are headlines in the Economic Times that read world War three looms. Global leaders given two weeks as the clock takes toward catastrophe. See while we worried about the Diddy trial, others are preparing for World War three. Okay, I was reading an article this morning. The headline was Britain's biggest companies are preparing for a third World War As various conflicts threatened to erupt, bosses are taking steps to ensure their businesses survived. The deputy chief of Russia's Security Council said last week, hold On said, last week, I don't remember everything.
Speaker 2: It was a blur. I don't think it was last week.
Speaker 3: Yes, but he said, and I quote regarding Trump's words about Putin playing with fire in really bad things happening to Russia. I only know of one really bad thing, world War three. I hope Trump understands this. That was a direct quote from the Deputy Chief of Russia's Security Council. And Pete hexxth you worried about the name of ships.
Speaker 2: No you're not.
Speaker 3: You are trying to distract from some of the things I just said. But what you will learn, Pete is truth is like the sun. You can shut it out, but it is not going away. Please get Pete Hexeth, the sweet Sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you are the doggie.
Speaker 4: Of the day, the dogee all the day.
Speaker 5: Ye so dumb beyond it's a distractional stay focused, all right, war is and apparently around the corner.
Speaker 1: I don't say that either. Hold not, we won't see that either. The others are preparing for it. So then you just pay attention. Yes, all right, well thank you for that, Donkey Today. Now, when we come back, we have the first black actress to play Alphabra full time and Wicket on Broadway, Lyncia Kabita. She'll be joining us when we come back. I checked out the play.
Speaker 2: Play was amazing. Michaels loved it. And what's her name, I'm not gonna say it again.
Speaker 1: When you see it, Cadeva, Cadeba, Cobetta, come Beta, combetter, let me see it, Combetta. We'll be joining us, all right, and we're gonna talk to her next. She killed it on Bro. Wicked was amazing on Bro. Absolutely, my kids loved it. They enjoyed it, and we'll kick it with her in a minute. It's the Breakfast Club, Come Morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull lambing's soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a FIGHTERR on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael the Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.