Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Louee broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, heckma Harrison and New He scrugs.
Speaker 3: And it's time to recap the Super Bowl. Want to play is Loudes brought to you by Tostitos. Danny McCrae is here in the house, Heck Maharrison is here on New He scrugs. The Kansas City Chiefs do it again, back to back world championships. Patrick Mahomes, Chris Jones, Andy Reid and Company and Travis Kelson trying.
Speaker 4: To meet up the coach.
Speaker 5: I knew you were not gonna.
Speaker 2: Live that with that. I mean really, but I knew you were't gonna.
Speaker 5: Let that one down. I knew it. Notion, what was passion? Andy was just caught off balances.
Speaker 4: Hey man, you Greg Cordy, you know passionate?
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, that's different. That's different way. Those are different guys. Those are different guys.
Speaker 3: All I can Parcelles wants say, all I can go buy is what I see. I just saw passion, passionate people shut up by the way every once again Barry Church is out. Today Barry Church is out because Barry Church consistently is wrong about these quarterbacks. All of us here with with my home, all of us with Mahome, and not Barry. He gonna go thirty five to twenty four San Francisco, not even not not even in the stratosphere here, Danny, you had a thirty to twenty seven right there, HECMA, you had it thirty four to twenty four Kansas City. I had a twenty seven to twenty four Kansas City in overtime.
Speaker 4: All of us believed in Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Hold on, now, you're right, But I remember clearly stating that when these teams play against the Kansas City Chiefs, they find a way to do something outside of themselves that you haven't seen them do all.
Speaker 5: What did you do?
Speaker 2: I want to know what you saw, because we didn't talk yesterday. What did you see San Francisco do that? They obviously didn't know the rules till overtime. Ain't that crazy? They obviously did not know the rules in an overtime game of the Super Bowl how does this happen? Christian McCaffrey comes out, the guy has protected the football like nobody else, comes out on the first drive of the game when they're driving and cannot be stopped and fumbles the football.
Speaker 5: Third fumble of the season.
Speaker 2: But this has been consistent when you watch teams play against the Kansas City Chiefs and they do uncharacteristic things all the time, coaching staff, special teams, all of it across the board. And then you see, you know, the Kansa City Chiefs they do it, but they have Patrick Mahomes so they can overcome it.
Speaker 5: Second and fourteen.
Speaker 2: He's looking at the guy MVS catches the ball gets slumb back and now second and fourteen. That's why we know no panic, right, But you don't have that guy on the other squad, so it's hard for you to overcome those things. And we saw it last night like they just couldn't figure out a way to just remain themselves and in the moment and.
Speaker 5: Just not do dumb things.
Speaker 2: What I've what I've become accustomed to is those first couple of drives, both teams are so nervous that you know they have to kind of settle into the game in the Super Bowl, and I thought those tense moments they kind of went away quickly for both teams, and I was impressed by just the gamesmanship for both coaches.
Speaker 5: They called a tight ball game.
Speaker 2: They made the initial mistake you talked about Christian McCaffrey, but other than that, I think defensively, they came in with a good plan.
Speaker 5: But then they had to adjust.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, Kansas City adjusted in the second half, and they adjusted partly because Greenlaw, one of the craziest things that I've ever seen happen in a football game, was a freak accident to the guy that was really the lynch pin of that defense if you think about what he does for them as an enforcer, but also that guy in the middle of the field that they are hard to run against. I think when Kansas City just kind of got that in their brain, that look, they can take Fred Warner out here one on one with Kelsey, but that's going to leave the middle of the field open. And that's when they Pacheco started to eat. That's when you know, Kelsey started to eat because he didn't have a good first half, and so one kiss for one yard didn't have a good didn't have a good first half.
Speaker 4: Kelsey yeah, yeah, Kittle two catches for the whole.
Speaker 2: Game, so I mean, and then on top of that, then on top of that for San Francisco, all those unfortunately, they had a lot of things that we're going to talk about, but man, just the injuries happening to them. I also Debo getting hurt. I think that changed their offense also because they couldn't rely on him going down the stretch.
Speaker 3: The off season for San Francisco should be a nightmare for everybody, and it just off seas you just somewhere to wake up in the middle night. The fumble on the first drive, when it looks like they're there, it's like, how are you going to score? Will it be the field goal or the touchdown? Because they were getting chunk plays, they were driving. Then he got Trent Williams, future Hall of Famer out here taking them out of the game with his holding penalty, and what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Uh, you have a missed extra.
Speaker 3: Point attempt in the game, which took it from a four point game to a three point game, which hurt them. You've got your head coach who's out here thinking I want to talk about I want the ball.
Speaker 5: Third, but no he can. I also included that the special teams played.
Speaker 4: And that was that was That was my next thing.
Speaker 3: You got special teams gaff where my man, the ball hits the back of his foot heel, and then the punt returner he has to go out here and get kicked.
Speaker 4: I mean, and then because that next play.
Speaker 3: I remember I was watching the game, It's like, oh, man, go straight, good, andywy go to the end zone right now, go right there, And they did.
Speaker 4: That's good. That should keep all of them up all night.
Speaker 3: I mean, you did pick off Mahomes and got nothing out of it, the kind of mistakes that hurt you, and Kansas City took the game.
Speaker 4: But my goodness, gracious, so I remember the forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting here looking at all these different things, and I would say, man.
Speaker 4: It was there, it was there, despite all of it, It's there. And they lost.
Speaker 2: I guess they only got one guy, man, you know, Joe burd the only guy that that they can give Patrick Mahons those type of issues in the playoffs because we just haven't seen anybody else do it. And I will say this, the Kansas City Chiefs that they're just a great football team. They finding a way to do it no matter what the circumstance is. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching and play calling, fourth down whatever, being able to say, hey man, it didn't go right this play, but we're gonna be all right because we got Patrick Mahons back here to make sure that we're gonna get this stuff done. Chris Jones and the way that he played the cornerbacks, all of them like they're gonna be times where they don't play as well as they should, or they may give up a holding call or something, but overall that defense, they made some big time plays in the game.
Speaker 3: Chris Jones, why he's on a one year deal as a free agent with Kansas City. Help me understand. How come you have a secured a bag with this man because he literally saved two, if not three touchdown passes with his pressure in the game. You know how much I think of your uncle, Joe, Joe Green, the greatest Pittsburgh Steelers of all time, the greatest three technique of all time, because all these defenses, these Tampa Tooes, they tried this. You want, Joe, But when I look at Chris Jones. That is what that's the that's what you know, what an Aaron Donald does, what a Joe Grin, That's what that guy did. And I don't think we talk enough about it. And yes, Patrick is great, he's fantastic, but Chris Jones isn't doing that. Mahomes is not going to be in the position to make the great comeback because Chris is that special. But we don't talk about it because football is such an offensive game.
Speaker 4: We fantasy football, you know. But but I know what that guy did.
Speaker 3: And you know he's not you know, you just don't see dts when when the Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 4: But that's special. And I heard people today.
Speaker 3: I was listening to the radio driving in which I don't do that much anymore, but I was listening radio when they were talking about how great the defensive backs were and they were very good in the game for can't see but why and he said they were the whole key and I'm like, make it.
Speaker 4: I said, that's back, don't work right out the front.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were good because Chris Jones was making Brock Purty get off his spot.
Speaker 2: I just danny.
Speaker 4: I watched that game and.
Speaker 3: I just think to myself, that's the one guy you can't lose. I was in Clark called Hunt's office before the week before the Super Bowl, and I wish I would have asked him about Chris Jones and what are you going to do to secure him?
Speaker 4: You let Tyreek Hill go? You okay, you can't let Chris Jones.
Speaker 2: And I say this about the secondary. Yeah, front don't work without the back. I mean back don't work without the front. But they secondary did a really good job of and staying attached to receivers and tackling like they did. Because San Francisco is a team where you watch guys like Deebo run through the secondary not being able to tackle the guys. You may have saw that like once or twice last night, but for the most part they were. They were tackling, and it was it was a physical game. Christian McCaffrey was bringing it, but he was getting punished too, like so that I think I think for them, the way that they play, especially knowing that you're an IU and Debo and McCaffrey and Kittle.
Speaker 5: Holding killed the two catches like.
Speaker 2: That is that is a big time feat for a secondary to do.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Chris Jones.
Speaker 2: Some of the brock perty was about to get loose like he did the previous week with some scrambles, but Chris Jones was able to take it away with some of the stuff just reading plays. It wasn't it was just him knowing the game being able to stop some of those plays because they were trying to trick him on some of the read option stuff and play action and he was just like, nah, I'm not having it. And he wasn't by itself. It's some other guys on that Kansas City defensive line that had great games as well. But you know, guys, what's disheartened, well not disheartening. The NFL is in good hands. For the next five years. You're gona see some real good football, especially with Joe Burrow there in Cincinnati. It's gonna be some some playoff games. That's going to be great because of the young guys that are coming up in the league. But that Kansas City defense is young. They've been stockpiling those draft picks and bringing in those young guys and you see a really good secondary and that's why they get half of the credit. But if you watch football, you know football, you know from the inside out, of the trenches. That's where it went down. And Trent Williams had his hands full yesterday. He saw plenty of times. Was seventy one was going back on his name plate? Was that was his penal panel panel man? That's what it's a big old dudes. Come on, I didn't know who he was before I seen him push trip back like that.
Speaker 4: Becausen't familiar with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see, how was it? But he was ready to go. But then also then also Nick Bolton, uh Frisco long star guy linebacker. You see how much you know the way that that front and back that you're talking about worked together. I think that defense they really changed the game, especially in the third quarter, because neither team could do anything in the third quarter until they made that mistake.
Speaker 4: Both defensive coordinators are outstanding.
Speaker 5: I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought Steve.
Speaker 3: Wilkes for the forty nine ers and of course Steve Spagnola winning his fourth Super Bowl. They did a very good job with two really fantastic offenses, and in the obviously the fourth quarter things changed. But I just thought, I just thought both guys were really good and something, you know, you felt bad, so some some DC was gonna go home a loser, and and I look at Steve Wilks and just say to myself, man, you did enough as a defensive quarter. You know, I look at it and man, you did enough. Like that time when the Rams with the Super Bowl, Uncle Wade was out there dealing against Bill Belichick and you know, the defense they did enough. Your offense. This is to me, I point the finger for a couch. This is on you, and you're you're you needed the offense to win this. Get to come up with something. Because Andy Reid's offense came up with something. And oh, by the way, can't miss it next well.
Speaker 2: And they also they also did the same stuff that we've seen Baltimore do for a while where they come out they run it on first. I mean they throw it on first, and they throw it on second, and they got to throw it on third. And you're like, you gotta see him back here, right, Get the man the ball. You got he a thirty carry guy in that game. He is he is your main weapon in that game. And you come out and you throw it on first and second and you're like, hey man, we got the same thing. We got the league leader. Figure out, come on, you got you gotta do. But and then there will be no coach in the offseason who does not know the overtime rule.
Speaker 5: That would be, that shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: That shouldn't be a coach right now that doesn't know the overtime would But but look, Danny, I just got to ask you, like to me, it seemed like those scripted players. When they first started the game. Shanahan was in his back, I mean, he was called, he was downing up. They stayed balanced, they were mixing in the run and passed very well. And I'm with you Christian McCaffrey. First half he was still I mean those little three four yard runs they they were getting them into that scoring position. He started to see them move the ball against the KM City defense, and then in the second half they went away from it.
Speaker 5: What happened I would have never been a life well.
Speaker 2: I will not understand the Detroit's, the Shanahan's, what Baltimore did, what should have been that's a crime. Again, they're still trying to figure that one out. Its loud of y'all take. And I'm no defensive coordinator, I mean the offensive coordinator, I don't know. But there's nothing that could have stopped me from making sure that Christian McCaffrey touched the ball on every series.
Speaker 5: Especially running the ball, knowing that we have a lead, knowing that.
Speaker 2: At some point Travis Kelcey and Patrick Mahomes are gonna find a way to move the ball on us a little bit. So we need to find a way to play keep away for as long as we can.
Speaker 5: And it literally just every every week, every week. You see it every week.
Speaker 3: So I'll ask I'll ask you this, hackman, Danny, when do we start to point the finger at Kyle Shanahan, the offensive play caller for dan Quins Atlanta Falcons with the twenty eight to three league. They ended up losing that game in overtime. Had a ten point lead on this same Kansas City Chiefs four years ago, ten point lead to the fourth quarter, lost that game another ten point lead, you lose the game. You look up at the end of the game, brock Perry's got thirty eight pass attempts and run CMC's got twenty two rushes though he had thirty touches in the game, and you're left saying to yourself, boy, he did them a favor, Yeah, because he didn't get the ball. When do we look at Kyle Shanahan for all the good you've done. You were right here looking to play at your flag on the top of Mount Everest.
Speaker 4: And you didn't.
Speaker 2: It's his fault. It's his fault. The overtime rule that is a head It falls on the head coach. That falls on the head coach. You knowing that this is the final game of the season for an entire year, knowing what you have in the backfield, knowing.
Speaker 5: That he did.
Speaker 2: You see the he caught the ball in the flat on the loft, hit him with the with the with the heavy Yeah, Like you know, that's what you have in the backfield, and you find a way to let Brock.
Speaker 5: I just like I.
Speaker 2: Will lose the game with Christian McCaffrey getting thirty five rushing attempts, playing in overtime, I would lose the game that way.
Speaker 4: Put it in his hands like he didn't Garoppolo.
Speaker 5: I just look, here's here's the thing.
Speaker 2: And sometimes, and I'm not enamored with what Shanahan his game in his play call, and I just I recognize the greatness in what he does sometimes with the players that he has, I think he uses them to the best of his ability, But in a game like this, you come up against a defense spack Nolan that last couple of minutes of the game, the third and fourth quarter, he was dolling up those blisses and a guy like brock Perty didn't realize where it.
Speaker 5: Was coming from.
Speaker 2: I mean it was it was the gamemanship, and then the play calling on both sides were wonderful. I think that a lot of times CMC. We're gonna look back at this game. CMC had a tough game. I mean, he was you saw the marks on his own. Boy, he's dusty as a rodeo clown. They was putting it. They was putting it on it, and I think they tried to figure out other ways to get other guys involved, and they just couldn't all the way down the stretch. Those little small things like missing that that pat those are just the little things that just set in motion eminently the victory for Kansas City because they're the kind of team that you cannot make a mistake against. But let's not act like Patrick Mahons didn't struggle that that offense did not look good in that first half. But it was just those mistakes they could not make they couldn't penalize them, They couldn't make them pay for the mistakes that they were making in the first half.
Speaker 5: That was the difference in this game. Old Pat Mahon. Shout out to Pat.
Speaker 2: But I still see people somebody better than Tom Brady.
Speaker 5: And also, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess that's cause there's no way you got you gotta have as many championships.
Speaker 3: Man, I got into a Tyler dragon the USA today about that.
Speaker 4: I got into it last night.
Speaker 5: Patrick Mahons versus Tom Brady has happened a couple of times.
Speaker 4: That's what I said to That's what I said too.
Speaker 2: So you watched him and you're saying, Okay, he faster than Tom Brady whatever, just because you look at it and say it looks different.
Speaker 5: The man got seven.
Speaker 3: They gonna tell me that, Well, you know there's twenty two other there's twenty two players on the field. No, no, no, you're saying you just said that Tom's more accomplished.
Speaker 4: But Patrick's a better player than you're say.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna go to the players, then he gonna throw out the Well if you look at the arm strength and everything else. Come on, guys, I'm like brother damn Marinos got a better arm than Joe Montanna but.
Speaker 2: Got beaten too.
Speaker 5: Recency bias is a thing.
Speaker 2: Hey, it is the Michael Jordan Lebron James discussion all over again, and the recency bias that plays into that argument.
Speaker 5: Is the same. I seen him talking.
Speaker 2: They were doing the comparison between Kelsey and Gronk, and I was like, you forgot y'all forgot what Gronk was doing when he was out there in New England.
Speaker 5: You forgot what he did when he was in Tampa.
Speaker 2: Like, and this is no shade against anybody, but they just said, like, it's just so easy where you don't even have to go back and watch the film of the guy who you're talking about. You gotta at least go watch it so you can remember how good this person was.
Speaker 3: What Gronk and Brady did to me, that's your whole separator anyway. Okay, you did it with this one team, but now you went somewhere else.
Speaker 4: It's just us. Here we go.
Speaker 3: We sprinkled all championships on people. Man, they're really good. Let's get a break in here. Darren Woodson does not make the Pro Football Hall of Fame. How does he what needs to happen to get him in. I was given a little tidbit about what could help. Would he get into the Pro Football Hall one day? We'll do that with Heck Maharrison got Danny McCrae, Barry Church. Who's the birthday yesterday? Happy birthday, my man. He'll join us next time, but he's taking the day off here. He well deserved. Newly stretch plays line brought to you by Tostitos right here on Dascawboys dot com radio.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized and hens therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 5: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 2: That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iie or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowl unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores.
Speaker 4: Hashtag be your own boss.
Speaker 8: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter. And there's no eye in how about them cowboys? Smearenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that it is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home or away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to the players lounge.
Speaker 2: The Conker cav Nations League Finals are coming to AT and T Stadium. Don't miss your chance to watch North America's best soccer teams battle it out in the semifinals on March twenty.
Speaker 5: First a real players person.
Speaker 2: Then see who lift the trophy and the championship on March twenty fourth. Tickets are available now at seat geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium. All Right, a.
Speaker 4: Little breaking news in college football.
Speaker 3: Deshaun Foster named the UCLA head football coach. He was the UCLA running back coach, then he went over to the Raiders with Pierce and then Sewan also was a running back coach up at Texas Tech for a little bit. But I'm so old. I covered him in high school and it was a game, a high school game between he went to Tustin and Carson Palmer went to Rancho Santa Marguerite. I think they had twelve touchdowns between him, and you know, crazy playoff games and two dudes go out there ball and so happy for him, man, happy for him.
Speaker 5: Give me that thing. So he was ware that he went with Pierce and then so.
Speaker 3: He was UCLA's running back coach for Chip Camp. Then he went last week with the Raiders to become their running back coach. Then Chip Kelly quit is u c l a's head coach to be the offensive coordinator Ohio State, and then he's so now they got him from the Raiders to become u c l a's head football So good for him.
Speaker 4: Terrible schedule.
Speaker 3: In LSU next, but they started to season at Hawaii, then they gotta go to l s U. They got to go to Penn State, and then they gotta go to Nebraska.
Speaker 4: It's tough, sched.
Speaker 5: Who's the man. I've seen a post on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Who's the Maryland head football coach Mike and he's talking about his third string running back one hundred thousand dollars. That's what that's where it's called to man, you gotta show me that bag you in Maryland. I'm in the portal. Guess what you at Maryland?
Speaker 5: As a fun.
Speaker 2: Hey you the hey you the third streak, laughed you about all that's hey, that's why. That's why Nick, That's why Nick. That's why Nick. You read that's why Nick up out of here. They could deal with that.
Speaker 3: But here's also my kind of funny thing just just listening to Mike los So and I don't know who what running back came in the office in one hundred.
Speaker 4: If you was offered it, why'd you taken it?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Indeed go because the other thing I'm starting to find out is just because they offer this to you and you sign it, you better read the fine printing details because they're finding ways not to give you that. There's performance bonuses and you've got to do this. There's a whole bunch of that stuff that some of these kids are finding out that you know what, Oh yeah, that whole bag. I thought I was getting is not the bag you get like, you know, little things that redefined.
Speaker 4: From the credit card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a whole lot of that going on, right, and kids are mad and oh, by the way, you signed this, you know whatever.
Speaker 4: Collective or not. It's not like you can go take your lawyers.
Speaker 3: Go get you a lawyer, go soon, because they now we wrote our lawyers from the school that road this all up.
Speaker 2: We got you got it.
Speaker 4: We got these great alumni who these great lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, we got you, We got you thirst man, The Nils changed everything. Man, before we go on and me and you came up playing football when you couldn't get a dying all right, and so we were you did you Are you just getting that per diem?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, you go. I know some guys who was you know, I went through I was in school with Laron Landry and Pat Peter's and other guy.
Speaker 5: So famil.
Speaker 2: It's per diem what it is? I mean, these players today, it's a different world, man. And even in the process that we're going through with my own son, man, trying to understand n I L is crazy.
Speaker 5: How can you like right now?
Speaker 2: To me, the teams that have the most money are going to get the most talent is you know, come on, man, if I can guarantee an eighteen year old in his family one hundred grand, are you serious? And he's trying to go somewhere else to a college that's not going to promise him one hundred grand. But like you said, when you get on campus, all of that changes because somebody didn't read the fine print. Obviously, if you got a thirst got asking for one hundred grand. Yeah, I also think where it message you up with the nil is you you would used to say, I mean, I'm gonna go to a place after one, let me see who the senior is there, who the junior is, what that roster looks like. And then the money part takes you away from it because now they able to pay four or five stars, and okay, you are the safety or the cornerback, and they got a receiver who they're like, oh well, we already got to never see what we're gonna move him to the cornerback. Now you're sitting over there and might not even play, and now you're in the portal. You know, over and over again, it can't get it figured out. So I think it is it's tougher on the kids. But I like, I got nothing against them, because if I was eighteen years old and somebody was gonna say, hey, you have a possibility to make X amount of dollars, I'm taking it too. And that's what I'm not upset with them, you know us. Yeah, I'm not upset with them because you can tell me now, somebody gonna go get me a hunt. I'll be like, hey, look, hey, sorry.
Speaker 3: A whole lot of these portal promises coming up in Yeah, And I talked to these assistant coaches. They're like, man, we got a lot of these guys they sold something told oh, and guess wasn't changed because hey, god, you know yeah, heck ma, we like you today.
Speaker 4: You didn't put your name before you say you coming. But guess what, oh what you didn't know?
Speaker 2: Is it now? Danny said, he yeah, we didn't think we had san to get him a first, right, We didn't know Danny price got lowered, So we got Danny for a little less.
Speaker 4: And guess what we taking Danny?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 5: You this this.
Speaker 3: Stuff is I personally I laugh at it. And the reason I laugh at it because this is the problem of the college presidents and administrators through the years, you had no problem making sure the kids got nothing, sitting there there, using their names, you know, using their jerseys, and not giving them any money, putting them on these plates, making all this cash off these kids when you should have been breaking them off a little something. But nope, nope, you try to keep it all. And now now it's the wild West, and now you're mad, you don't like this.
Speaker 4: I gotta re recruit them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well every year. Oh well for as much as you get paid.
Speaker 2: Now these coaches getting paid like you need, I got to do a little bit more work or a lot more work, or the pressure is own. Yeah, it's on.
Speaker 4: Spore less like guess what, I can't mother mother f you anymore. Yes, once you got you know what, you know, they loved you, They loved you.
Speaker 3: Then after that signing day phone calls.
Speaker 2: Now they got you out here yelling that you're none of the stuff that was. Then when I went on the visitors, Then when I got that looking at you and talking kind of ways you have seen before me. Then flip the script telling you the next guy coming and so now so now what can he do?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, now you got They don't like that, especially to my old ones.
Speaker 4: They don't like anyone.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't want to be tough coaching now, No, no, no, guess what ain't no phone rabbit?
Speaker 2: When the rabbit got the gun and the team and the teams that are taking advantage of it and making it work. You see, every Michigan's got has it down, Texas has it down. Those are gonna be the teams that are going to be constantly in the playoffs because, hey man, they get the most talent. I can't believe Texas A and m hasn't because.
Speaker 5: You know, a r I know why they ain't got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, it's a collective got it. They just but it's on the way, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Handling it right.
Speaker 3: They fumbling, You are fumbling the bags, They are fumbling the back.
Speaker 2: They have to pay Jimbo something crazy anyway, man, Hey, that's hey. We came up on Raymond Noodles. Tune form the rest of your scholarships.
Speaker 5: Get an education.
Speaker 4: Darren with to not get in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: I knew it wasn't going to happen. One of the issues was a lot of cowboys been getting it. Have cowboys get it last year, so I didn't think this would be Woody's time. But talking to some folks in the room, they've said there needs to be a campaign. That these have turned into campaigns now, and you basically have to get out here and do zoom calls with voters and explain yourself and have the people who presenting you put out information you need to have, you know, coaches and other folks get out here and help you. This is now a campaign that you have to convey in order to get in. And that was one thing that I was told to help push some folks over the top, and something that Darren Woodson did not have.
Speaker 2: You don't believe that, Yep, Look, okay, Nuie, they robbing that man. They are robbing him. They're taking away from a great career. And once you put Steve Atwater in the Hall of Fame ahead of Ruody, he should have been next.
Speaker 5: That should have been next. No matter where the voters go on this, No, this is a.
Speaker 2: Bad move to continue to make Darren Woodson sit on the outside of that vote. I mean, it's nasty. Whatever he did, I don't know, I don't know the politics in it. And man, you've been in it at this longer than all of us. But that right, that that's wrong, that's wrong. And even to say even to say that he needs to campaign and go on zooms into it. He did it on the field.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: This is horse trading.
Speaker 3: This thinking like going to Congress and trying to get things past people want stuff done. But I'm also telling you this is what was being done. As for some of the folks who got in off the mic, I'll tell you some more. Okay, I can't tell you, but I'm just telling you right now, there is a process and there's a game that's being played, and when the game starts to shift and change, you have to change with it. I'm not saying that this is Woody's fault. This is not his fault. And I'm just telling you this is what's going on.
Speaker 4: And while.
Speaker 3: What was going on for what he was going on this way, it was going on differently for some other folks. I'll tell you another guy who I was very surprised at didn't get I thought Antonio Gates was getting in right him too. You look at the resume and you know didn't get in. So just telling you, man, there's a game behind the guy I remember when when Tim Brown couldn't get in.
Speaker 4: That was that whole receiver thing for a while, where it was.
Speaker 3: Andre Reed, Chris Carter, Michael Irvin, Tim Brown and who was getting in first and at what time and how it was going. You know, it was driving Tim crazy because Tim had a Hall of Fame career. He was a great receiver and return man. So you know, you were two spots out here in the game. But the way that process was going, he had to wait. And when Michael Irvin had had was about to get his, then he had that slip up. He had that slip up here, you know, with his personal life, and then that pushed him back a little bit and then moved other people up to the qube. But I'm just telling you, man, it is a it is a incredible political system. That is how these votes are going down. But Woody is going.
Speaker 5: To get there, y'all. Robin Woody, many many.
Speaker 4: Guys, many guys get robbed during this.
Speaker 2: If they are robbing Darren Woodson.
Speaker 5: I mean, we were just talking about Drew a few years ago. So it's not you know.
Speaker 2: It's you're not the first, right right, I mean, it's not specific to him.
Speaker 3: Go down the list of Cowboys and start to think about the process that some of them had to go through. Drew Everson doesn't get consideration in the room until his final year. Yeah, okay, that was crazy. Hasn't gotten in Bullet, Bob Hayes. It's changed the game, the rules of the game, way they play defenses. Bullet then got to die before he got in Grayfield right, had to wait forever.
Speaker 5: So the first big Cat.
Speaker 4: So we talked about Cliff Harrison first tapping Crash, first Team All Decade, nineteen seventies.
Speaker 3: You look up everybody in but you on defense, and you've got the Super Bowls, you got the rings. It's not the first time that Cowboys had to wait. And you just say, well, wait a minute. According to the rules that you have, I fit the criteria. But there is a game behind the game.
Speaker 5: I know, Isaiah, just some minutes ago, and I took that person.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the criteria was, but I know that I met the criteria for selection.
Speaker 4: Now, Jordan was the one that said I took it for take it personal.
Speaker 5: But it's true.
Speaker 3: It's true, and that and that drives guys crazy. It drives some of the presenters crazy. I know for a fact Randy Gratishar and the Denver contingent has been mad for fifteen years about him not getting in and their desire to have somebody from the Orange Crush defense get in. The campaigns are crazy. Man Joe Cleco. Joe Cleco got in with the j just two years and I'm like, come on, what does this man do? This man one of the best players on defense, but you know what he had campaign and next year you know who the campaigns go go in, big hole, Eli Manning.
Speaker 4: Let's get a break in here, And.
Speaker 2: I mean, can I say this, this is tough one. Look y'all robbing Darren listen, go ahead.
Speaker 3: One day the robbery will start. Who's gonna be the defensive coordinator? There's not been an official release yet from the team. I thought it was Mike Zimmer and Rex Ryan. If you saw Rex Ryan had to say.
Speaker 2: I was confused. I miss I'll start googling confusion. Hold on players.
Speaker 4: Last, thanks right here, dab Scot Boy that guy Radio.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a get Yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 2: Hi. I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 5: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 2: That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 2: Snapper the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboys game Time Power by Lenovo, the official gaming platform and community of the Dallas Cowboys. Sign up now to compete in Fortnite for a chance to win a VIP experience at the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Draft Party. Qualifiers begin on February twenty fourth and run through the twenty eighth. Learned more and register at Dallas Cowboys game time dot com.
Speaker 3: Thank you, heck Ma Harrison, you're the players lunch bout to you by tostitos Bury. Church off today, But heckm was here, Danny mccraze here, I'm new he scruggs. All of us picked the Kansas City Chiefs to win the Super Bowl except for you, except Church. But you know quarterbacks in Church, he's still trying to work through that. Good luck to him next year. Most improved Cowboys need defensive coordinator because Dan Quinn left head coach of Washington. Joe Wick junior with dan Quinn, he's defensive coordinator and eight and dirty coach is gone. He's now the defensive coordinator for the Seattle Seahawks. So Mike Zipper what everybody folks, I respect saying like Zim's defensive coordinator. I'm still waiting to see an official email. Man Scott of Goldenig hadn't say anything, Tad and then Rex Ryan gonna get on TV talk about, Hey, I ain't been decided I'll apply for that job.
Speaker 2: I tell you, that was the most confusing thing that I've seen. Man, I'm that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, wait, you nice, But you know I was still in the mix and dinner.
Speaker 4: And lot of teams can get me to come out.
Speaker 2: Right, because.
Speaker 5: I mean, god, they just need somebody to help him get over the hump. And you know, you know the.
Speaker 4: Name is Rex right, not Buddy I met your daddy. But dudes, why wild Wow?
Speaker 5: Okay, Devil's advocate, Devil's advocate here.
Speaker 2: Because we're here now, all right, Deck Whenn's gone eight and thirty, who they interviewed twice, having many time they interviewed him, he's now in the Seattle DC. You gots not. He's not He's not never was a possibility. Okay, So face with that reality. Here here's the deal. As you said last week, Zimmer is not a bad hire, not a bad hire for this defense, not a bad hire because of his track record, and he's also going to be a guy that's obviously I believe, gonna put full effort into make ensure that we stopped the run. That's number one. And you and you do that. How you have a productive draft. You need to get guys free agency.
Speaker 5: Period. You gotta get that resigned.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that another time, but still, that's gotta happen. When I looked at Rex, and even when because he happened all while we were out, I thought about Rex, and I didn't think about the Jets Rex. I thought about the Baltimore Rex because I think that Baltimore when he was in Baltimore, his ability as a DC, to me is what we need.
Speaker 5: Here to have guys that play like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, the talent was there, of course, I think it won a Super Bowl with Marvin Lewis.
Speaker 5: Whoa, I think the talent's here. Huh defense, Yeah, what do we talk?
Speaker 2: We gotta gotta let the league in interceptions we got are y'all, come on, don't do that. No, listen the heck we're gonna go back because I remember when you sit right here and me and you was going back and forth about if this defense was legendary, historically great, and at that time we we I had decided that it wasn't specifically because of our interior defensive linements. So that's the pieces that I don't think you have here to make to take you over the top. Preface preface which you have to have a good draft and you have to Yeah, no, no, that's what I'm saying. You said we have the pieces, That's all I'm saying. We don't currently have them, but if you are, because I'm saying, we went we went drafted, y'all, cauld kill me right now. Because we lost the first we look bad, but the numbers still state that we had a good enough defense we drafted. I'm saying, when you when you speak about the draft and making sure you have a good one, we drafted a defensive line in the first round, you know what I'm saying. So like we it's not like we didn't try to go out there and get get God. So so like I don't, I don't. I don't. I don't think we currently have the pieces on our on our defense to make us look like those two teams look that were playing last night.
Speaker 5: You're correct, were.
Speaker 3: Talking about statistically. Yeah, stats are nice, but what did we see against San Francisco? No, you didn't see what you need to see. What did you see against Green Baymy with the teams that with the standard the team's in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I bet defensive guy discredited nineteen sacks in the season this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yes he did, Yes, he did. But look, I can't defend that. I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that he told him, don't look at the stats, to go look at rush when Wade and all this double team right now, so's the man got nineteen sex. I don't care what you said, because now you're talking about people who do watch film and do watch the games and do understand. I've never heard I've never heard that before from from a player or anybody outside of the game of football.
Speaker 5: To watch somebody consistently.
Speaker 2: Be that good on defense on that team that is not a good football team that consistently changes the game, specifically a big time moments pick sixes bat it passes nineteen sacks not even playing the whole season.
Speaker 5: Now he's a dude, he's there and say that.
Speaker 2: Nah, he I mean, even the eyeball test tells you that that's not even if you don't know anything, you're just like, nah, I didn't see what you say. It don't make sense. And it's come from great player. He's a great player. He's a great player. But when you say something like that to people who watch the game, it's not right. Nineteen sex, I don't care you get ten in one game, you still got nineteen.
Speaker 5: In this league.
Speaker 4: That's that's a sack of game. That's pretty dangn incredible. By the way. You know, guys are tired too, so.
Speaker 2: I mean, we have not been good, guy, We have not been good in the media this week. All right, this has been a bad This is why they went on and Zimber, we need somebody to come in here with the new voice. And what if you're gonna fight the coach. You're gonna fight the coach, but you don't need somebody here to be like. Accountability is key country. Barry talked about that last week, and I thought that was important. Man.
Speaker 5: This accountability needs to happen. And you don't see it. All the words that come.
Speaker 2: Out about zimmer are they not sure how the message will be received, which to me is just unfortunate.
Speaker 5: You know, like you gotta tell which.
Speaker 4: Tells you something about what's going on here, since I know.
Speaker 2: Like what we talk talking about. Do you want to be great or not?
Speaker 4: Like Washington would be en me? Man, Yeah, you gotta learn how to talk to the guys.
Speaker 5: Like you, like you want to be great, You like the dude coming in to pick on you.
Speaker 2: You're just telling you, man, the standard is this, and this is what we want to see and if you don't, we're gonna show you how to hold your teammates accountable. But I don't know Zimmer well enough to know how the message is gonna come across. I just know that the message needs to be a little different, just based off what you hear sometimes you know from coming from the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Hopefully they not talk. That's a key thing.
Speaker 2: Burnout. I'm not messing with DLA. Shout out to d law. You know that's crazy. You know what I'm gonna say, You misspoke. It looked like that Barbara Walters. Was that Mike Tyson and.
Speaker 10: With Robert Gibbits. Maybe something's up with Mike. I'm looking at d long like night a long night.
Speaker 2: He wanted to how how we talking about.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give, I'm gonna give.
Speaker 2: I just said. I was looking at d was like, this doesn't even look like DLA. He was there to promote his protein drink. That's why he is saying we should have drink some. And it is how many scoops you put in? I don't know, Damn bro a little bit more next time, get my man prepared and ready to go. I'm send him in there like that man that's crazy walk into the Spiders.
Speaker 4: Well, boy, walk right into it, right into right.
Speaker 5: Into We played super Bowl every weekend.
Speaker 2: What the man? Man? My man, Jeordan Liut came on here and said exactly what everybody's been saying about the Cowboys all for the last two years about we knew we could run the ball on these guys. Y'all got a DV in there playing line back. We knew, we knew to get it done. I also said, we knew we were gonna be able to get it done against y'all. Secondary. Don't let that, don't let that go unheard. Okay, Like that's what the Office of Coordinators and the other teams that are playing us feel when they see our defense. That's what they feel. Hey, we can run it on them and we could throw it on them. And they came in and they ran it on us.
Speaker 3: Then they threw it on Smith, ran the organization down, up and down all week long. Got guys, got deals, and what are they done? Haven't accomplished anything. He tore them up and the accountability is a big things. So all right, maybe next time we conven we'll have an official defensive coordinator. Y see exactly what happens there. Mike Zimmer seems like he could be a good fit here. He's been here before.
Speaker 4: I like Zim, all right.
Speaker 3: Heck Ma Harrison Man, Good to see Daddy m craig. Good to see Bear church Enjodo Slopes, some new Scruggs. We'll chat with you next time right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 5: Ready.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.