Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're talking about the shirt that I wore Tuesday. There was a lot of reaction to the shirt.
Speaker 3: Like some very colorful shirt.
Speaker 4: There were none. There were not parents.
Speaker 2: Those are eyeballs because it's a tiger. It's one big tiger, not battling parents. Eighty You you guys do understand not only is today my anniversary, but my wife is a stylist and by depth, has picked out all of the.
Speaker 4: Clothes that you guys have seen me wear.
Speaker 2: Danielle just said from downstairs, I'd like to know which one of them is wearing shorts with a plaid top today. So one of y'all must have worn that at some point and she put it in her memory banks.
Speaker 4: Welcome in.
Speaker 2: It is episode ten of the What's Right podcast and YouTube show Demansey. We made it to double digits. Well done, sir. We have a ton to do today. You should like subscribe, rate review. But before we get to what we are going to do today, let's discuss what we are not going to discuss today, which sounds like an oxymoron or a contradiction.
Speaker 4: What We'll do it anyway.
Speaker 2: Wednesday night's playing games are not going to make today's show because we are taping this show a few hours before they actually take place. We are coming to you from the past. No timetable for Luka Doncic's return. That is not in the show today because it is too sad for me to discuss the possibility of my Western Conference champion pick Mavericks being out in round one to the damn Jazz because Luca gets hurt and Patrick Beverly, one of the dirtiest players in all of basketball, a mediocre guy who's been on mediocre teams but sucks up more oxygen than Jalen Brown or legitimate All stars do because he's tricked people into thinking he is some force multiplayer. He's still jumping on tables celebrating what will be a very brief playoff life for the TIMBERLF. So it looks like I did discuss Patrick Beverly a bit. Also not in the show, Derek Carr just got forty plus million dollars a.
Speaker 4: Year by the Raiders. I'm sure they won't regret that, Demanse. Where are we starting?
Speaker 5: The Nets are officially in the playoffs, have been beating the Cavs Wednesday for Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Tuesday. Yep.
Speaker 5: They say Ben Simmons might come back, and Milwaukee definitely made the right call on dodge to these guys. Kyrie does end up having a great postseason, will that mean that he was worth all the headache?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: First of all, a little editorializing that Milwaukee definitely made the right call dodging them. I'm not even sure Milwaukee was dodging them as much as Milwaukee was trying to play the Bulls, who they'll be able to deal with in four games as opposed to a maybe five or six game series with Brooklyn. The Kyrie question is interesting that listen, if the Nets win the title, then of course Kyrie's worth a headache, and but I think the most more likely outcome is somewhere in the gray area.
Speaker 4: Right. If the Nets win the title, then yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: All worth it and Kyrie gets a MAX extension and the Kadie and Kyrie thing ends up being a success. If they go out in Round one, as I think they will to Boston, then I think a lot of this is going to fall on Kyrie. A lot of the blame is going to fall on Kyrie because people are going to justifiably say they wouldn't be playing a team as good as Boston in Round one if Kyrie had been available throughout the beginning portion of the season. And so the question is to me, if they are better than I expect them to be, meaning they can get out a Round one, but worse than Vegas expects them to be, meaning they lose before the NBA Finals, what does that mean for Kyrie's future? Because let's just say they beat the Celtics in a hard fought series and then Milwaukee dispatches them in six. What do you do if Kyrie opts out and then asks for the MAX extension.
Speaker 4: I think you have to give it to him.
Speaker 2: Because you can't worry about losing the and sorry to use these cold terms, but the asset for nothing. However, should anyone feel comfortable Kyrie on the other side of thirty with his own let's call them idiosyncrasies about committing long term MAX money to them, I wouldn't. I also think that you saw in the Tuesday night play in game the good and the bad of the Nets. They were up forty to twenty after the first quarter. Demanza, you came to me the in the middle of the fourth quarter and said, this is actually still a game. I mean, the Cavs have been awful for two months, nine and eighteen in their last twenty seven and they clawed back into that. Kyrie was eighty percent from the field, kat was excellent on both ends, and you're playing a mediocre team at best, because without Jared Allen, that team's been mediocre. And it's a close game late. I just don't know how anyone can believe in the Nets. But to answer the question, yeah, if they win the title, then I was wrong, Kyrie and Kati were right, and Kye Kyrie will get his MAX money. I don't think they're winning the title all right, was sticking with the play and what's next?
Speaker 5: So we're two years into the playing experiment. Yep, A pro is there seems to be less taking. Yeah, a con is a team that went around thirty five games could make it into the playoffs?
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: So is it working or do you want them to expand it? So maybe Lebron makes it next you?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, what there's no reason to bring up on here. No, I definitely don't want them to expand it. Your point about a thirty five ish win team making the playoffs is a good one because a few hours once after we're done recording, by the time you're listening tomorrow, either New Orleans or San Antonio, which won thirty six and thirty four games, respectively, one of those two teams is going to be one win away for making the postseason and could send the Clippers home Thursday night.
Speaker 4: That's not ideal. I like the plan.
Speaker 2: I think it's been a smart addition. I do think it has eliminated some tanking. Not all tanking, but some tanking. I would be okay with the prerequisite of you you are not play ineligible if you're sub five hundred that we're not doing this to reward really bad teams or you know what, we could even give them a game below five hundred. If you don't get to forty wins, you're not play ineligible. But I don't think they're going to do that. What they could do, and sorry to bring this up the second straight show, but what they could and what they should do is let the top seeded pick who they play in the first round. Then it is a real reward for Phoenix to be the one seed because I know that the Clippers lost to the Timberwolves on Tuesday night and Patrick Beverly, as we mentioned, celebrated like you want a national championship. But if the clip, if you're the Suns, say that Clippers end up winning their second play in there, you get them with the potential of why coming back. I think you'd rather play Minnesota. I think you'd rather opt into that Minnesota matchup, And so I just I would be fine with leaving the plane exactly as is, if you let guys pick their Round one opponents. I don't love the fact that you could have this great regular season, a team could punt on the entirety of the regular season, just you.
Speaker 4: Know, kind of the way.
Speaker 2: They didn't do it on purpose, but Brooklyn did and then could end up getting having a better path to the finals in some scenarios than the one seed would. So I do think it needs some tweaking, but I think the plane has been a smart addition.
Speaker 5: All right, what's next? Okay, the Lakers need a coach, Sarruber. Names are Nick Nurse, Doc Rivers, Juwan Howard. Lebron, of course, has already made his decision clear, and he wants Mark Jackson. Why would anyone want to be Lebron's next fall guy? And do you think maybe Lebron.
Speaker 3: Should just coach the Lakers?
Speaker 4: Now? Okay, Lebron's not going to coach the Lakers. He's not going to run the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Everyone said, all Lebron's in charge of everything, but there's also If he's in charge of everything, then I guess they've already hired Mark Jackson, because then I'm going to do a coaching search because Lebron asked for Mark Jackson.
Speaker 4: You said, why would anyone want to coach Lebron? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's fun to coach in the finals, and everyone that's ever coached Lebron except for Paul Silas, who coached him as a rookie, and Luke Walton, who coached him for one year, has coached in the finals when they had never previously coached in the finals, So that part seems good.
Speaker 4: Nick is a very interesting option.
Speaker 2: Nick Nurse, by the way, also a clutch client, which is I guess some relevance here. He's obviously a great coach. The problem for the Lakers is, I don't know that the Lakers are going to pay the top dollar it requires to get a great coach. They could have gotten Tylou a few years ago after they fired Luke Walton, they scoffed at paying him real money. One of the reasons they end up settling on Frank Vogel was because nobody else was offering Frank Vogel a head coaching job after his disastrous run in Orlando, after it went so terribly for him. Orlando what totally his fault. I mean, it's the Magic, but the Lakers. The Lakers are in a weird spot because they are the most valuable team in the NBA by a mile, but their owners, as far as NBA ownership goes, are not that wealthy. Because the Bus family business is the Lakers at this point. It's not a situation where they have these billions of outside dollars like a lot of these owners do, and basketball is the hobby. This is how they make their money. That's why the Lakers, you know, blinked instead of paying Caruso because they didn't want to pay a luxury tax.
Speaker 4: Crusoe wasn't traded this offseason.
Speaker 2: They just didn't match what the Bulls offered him because they don't want to pay the luxury tax. So they're gonna have to pay Frank Bogel a few million dollars that pay.
Speaker 4: Him out the rest of his contract.
Speaker 2: Are they going to offer ten to twelve million a year like it would take to get Nick Nurse if Nick Nurse were even to come available, which I have no reason to believe necessarily he would.
Speaker 4: I don't know. So.
Speaker 2: I think one of the sneaky things about the Lakers is they're a little cheap around the margins, as you know, over the last decade, and I think that would hurt them in this coaching search.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't think Mark Jackson be super expensive because I don't think many teams are lining up to hire Mark Jackson but I also wouldn't love the idea of Mark Jackson. Juwan Howard's interesting to me. He's done a great job at Michigan, but obviously would be risky for a first time in NBA head coach. But he's been on NBA benches, been with Lebron in Miami. So Juwan of those names, is the most interesting. I'm not I don't want to get into Doc Rivers business again. Doc Rivers has had.
Speaker 4: A great career.
Speaker 2: They named him one of the NBA's seventy five greatest coaches, but I don't know that we have a lot of evidence over the last decade that Doc Rivers is a championship level coach. So if those names Nick Nurse obviously jumps out, I think Juwan Howard would work. But I think the Lakers issue is not that people don't want to coach Lebron. It's are they going to pony up for the best candidate possible? All right, what's last?
Speaker 3: You could always hire me if they hire you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'd be a great idea. Yeah, it's smart. Take it. Sit in your resume.
Speaker 3: I'm here, Okay, Steph might return this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Draymond is looking healthier, and Clay's dropped forty one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jordan Poole has been excellent all year.
Speaker 4: Mbe most grew player in the in the league this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very nice.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: Are you telling me this team can't make a title run if everybody's healthy.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying that. I would not kick the Warriors, and in.
Speaker 2: The West, I would pick the MAVs. If Luca is healthy, then the Suns the Warriors I would have them ahead of the Grizzlies at this point, probably because the jaw health thing scares me. I know they didn't rush him back and he should be fresh, but he's missed so much time that is a bit of a concern. But the Warriors cannot be written off because they are at this point so deep, because Minga's been good for them, Pool's been excellent. Clay seems to be rounding into form in a way that I was skeptical if you'd be able to do that. The concern is they just need so many things to fall right. They need Step to be healthy and hit the ground running in the playoffs. They need Draymond's back, and back injuries scare me. To stay where it is. They need fooling Tominga that not have the moment be too big for him. They need all of those things. And I'm gonna we almost hit the clock. Clock just expired for watching on YouTube. I'm going to take another thirty seconds here. Here's the one thing about the Warriors playoff run that feels very nostalgia, which maybe is in their favor. Steph Curry, the built in comes into the playoffs, is one of the most dangerous guys, but also dealing with a nagging injury. So when Steph doesn't play well, he's hurt, and when he does play well, he's the greatest. Like I read that warms the cockles of my heart, remembering twenty sixteen, the seventy three win year, when Steph was injured, but then he wasn't that he had the most points ever in an overtime in his first game back, but then when he struggled against Lebron in the finals, like, oh, you can't hold it against him, He's hurt. This all is very reminiscent of that. Can't be unfair to Steph Curry, can't be but no, to answer the question, the Warriors can't be written off, but they also would be my third choice at this moment to come out of the West.
Speaker 4: Wheel will be right back.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. This cover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblasts, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion. And Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jarrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All Right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright podcast and YouTube show. We've got a ton to do. We're going to play a game this segment two wrongs and a right. But before that, one more major topic to get into. Demanse kick us off.
Speaker 5: Deebo Samuel is up for an extension next year. Reportedly, the Niners would at least listen to a trade offer YEP or trade offers. Sorry, Hill and Adams were traded. There's rumors around DK and Terry mcglory.
Speaker 4: Oh there you go. Nailed it, Terry mclaur and go ahead.
Speaker 5: Is the throw a fit on social media and force a trade effected.
Speaker 4: So here's the thing. I don't so.
Speaker 2: Davante and Tyreek didn't throw any fits. They just asked for a bunch of money, more money than their teams are willing to pay and team and they both those teams got excellent trade packages for them. Now, obviously you did have guys Odell threw a fit or via his father through a fit on social media and he got moved.
Speaker 4: Here's what I think is proving effective.
Speaker 2: I think we have There once was a time where you could be a great player in the NFL be disgruntled because you were underpaid, and teams were not afraid of that at all. Teams were like, Okay, that's your problem. You're not holding out, You're we believe you're gonna show up, You're gonna play hard, So who gives a damn. It seems like that is bending in the other direction to where the Packers absolutely they had franchise Tag Davante. They could have just kept him for at least one more year and then dealt with it. Next year, Davante made a little noise that he wouldn't play under the franchise tag, and they moved it. Tyreek was still under contract, but he wanted more money after the DeVante deal. He made it very clear he was going to be unhappy if they didn't give him more money. The Chiefs flatly could have just kept him for another year and traded him next year or figured out something next year. Rather than dealing with the potential distraction, they moved it. The Bills had Stefan Diggs under contract for I think two more seasons.
Speaker 4: It was clear he felt he was underpaid. They immediately gave him a new deal.
Speaker 2: So what I do think is starting to happen in the NFL is now, before I interrupt myself for a moment, there Nikhil Harry, who you've never heard of. He's a a bad first round pick from the Patriots few years ago, wide receiver before last year. Harry's agent He's like, listen, time here is run its course. He wants to go somewhere else, and the Patriots are like, good for him. Shut up, We're not doing anything about it. So that might be something about the Patriots. It also might be something more about the caliber of player. I don't know how much the throwing fits on social media thing matters, but I do think rightly or wrongly, teams are afraid of star players being unhappy in the locker room and because of that, they would rather trade that player than deal with potential upheebill. During the year, we always knew quarterbacks had that type of juice. It's very interesting to see other star players have that type of juice to how Jalen Ramsey got out of Jacksonville, how Jamal Adams got out of New York with the Jets. We have DeAndre Hopkins. He didn't even make noise. He just wanted more money. It's how he got out of Houston a few years ago.
Speaker 4: And then we mentioned these other receivers.
Speaker 2: So I do think it is something to take note of your Deebo Samuel and they kind of use you like a running back where your career is probably not going to be as long as these other receivers.
Speaker 4: You want to get paid right now.
Speaker 2: I think rattling the cage but making some noise is effective because it would appear the team will either if you're a great player, the team will either pay you or move you to a team that will pay you all right time now for a game. Two wrongs and all right, Demonse kick it off.
Speaker 5: The worst Philly story third baseman Alec Bohm saying I hate it here yep, Tyble missing road games, or Katie saying Harden was out of shape.
Speaker 4: Okay, my worst Philly story. I'm going to take that to me.
Speaker 2: My favorite Philly story, and it's the Katie one saying Harden was out of shape. I don't really care about Alec Bohm. He said I hate it here. In the next day he had a big hit.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Tyble is not eligible play against Toronto. I would recommend everyone read tibles commentary about the vaccine, about how he grew up with homeopathic and what he called I think Chinese medicine, about how he took the first he got one dose of the vaccine, and why he chose not to get a second dose. I've been as pro vaccine as anyone on television.
Speaker 4: If there is.
Speaker 2: A tible legitimately and totally fits the bill of someone who has lived a certain way his entire life is trying to be consistent with that has been had well thought.
Speaker 4: Out reasoning explained.
Speaker 2: The reasoning talked about how the reason he got the first vaccine the first shot, was because he thought by getting the vaccine, even though he didn't believe in vaccines, essentially because of the way he was raised medicine wise, he thought he was doing it as part of a society because then he couldn't infect other people. Then, when it became clear that you could still infect other people even with the vaccine, that's why he chose not to get it again. I would recommend everybody get the vaccine. But if people are wondering why guy like Tyble is not getting raped over the calls the way Kyrie did, well, Kyrie refused to ever talk about it. Doesn't it doesn't appear to be in line with any logical, lifelong commitment to something, so Tyble to me, I understand it more so than I've understood it with many of the other athletes that are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated. The Katie Harden thing is the most interesting story, and it's because it is a bit.
Speaker 4: Of a Canarian.
Speaker 2: The coal mine potentially or at least a warning sign for Philly that if Philly does not win the championship next year and their plan is all right, well, embiedd You know, we now have Harden. We're resigning him. He's going to come in, We're going to have the whole season together. James Harden after getting hurt for the first time in his career last year, being on a team where he has the best chance of his career to win a title, and then finding out, Oh, they're gonna need a little more out.
Speaker 4: Of me because of Kyrie's backstatus.
Speaker 3: Out of shape, out of yeah.
Speaker 2: The fact that that didn't motivate him exactly right to get in shape, that would concern me a bit if I were the Sixers, particularly the Sixers, who I think if he opts out and asks for it, they're gonna give him a four year, two hundred plus million dollar contract extension.
Speaker 4: All right, what's next?
Speaker 5: Bet one long shot NBA title future. Yeah, Boston at nine to one, Philly at ten to one, or Miami at ten to one.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: I think of these three teams, Boston clearly has looked the best over the last few months. But Boston is playing Milwaukee in Round two, so they're out. Philly, of these three teams is the one that is most in danger of losing in Round one. Because we mentioned the title thing. Toronto's been good. I don't think they'll lose in round one.
Speaker 4: But they could.
Speaker 2: So they're out Miami at ten to one as the one seed when they are going to be playing in round one either Cleveland or the winner of Hawk's Hornets, which has already taking place when you guys hear this, but it hasn't taken place yet when we're recording it. Miami's going to roll in round one, and then in round two is playing either Toronto, which doesn't have enough talent, or Philly with two guys that have very very light postseason resumes. Miami has excellent depth, excellent defense, excellent continuity, and maybe the best coach currently in the playoffs. So I think Miami as the one seed home court throughout. They're finally healthy at the right time.
Speaker 4: They're not my pick.
Speaker 2: I think Milwaukee's rolling everybody, but if I had to pick one team in the East other than Milwaukee, I think Miami would be my pick. I also liked that Milwaukee's on the other side of the bracket from them, so they won't have to deal with Milwaukee until the conference finals. So my answer there is definitely Miami. All right, what's next.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the game league, Yeah, you've lost the Tiger bet. Yeah I did.
Speaker 3: We've already bet a ton of the playoff matchups.
Speaker 4: Yeah right.
Speaker 5: Yourself is a better above average, really good, or too good to discuss on air.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's the thing. I'm ann above average sports better. I am an elite games picker. So here's the distinction. So I am, and it's documented every year with my NFL picks. I do five a week. We'll do it as part of the show once NFL season starts. Every year, with the exception of the twenty twenty NFL season, since I've been on television, I have a documented, you know, top five percent amongst all sports prognosticators record against the script. That would lead you to believe I would be an incredibly profitable sports gambling but I'm not because part of gambling, the biggest part of gambling, is not getting on tilt, not pressing the dealing with the fact that you're going to lose two out of five bets, been in your best years, not pressing your luck, not all of a sudden tripling your bet size for the Sunday night game to try to get even to all of these things that I am terrible that I am just awful at. So because of that, I am not a great sports gambler. I am a very very good prognosticator picker, but as far as it actually resulting in money in my pocket, not great.
Speaker 4: With that said, I.
Speaker 2: Got forty nine to one on a thousand bucks of Bucks MAVs Bucks over MAVs exact finals man. So if the Bucks beat the MAVs in the finals, it pays almost fifty thousand dollars. I bet that about ninety six hours before Luke adntwas maybe tourist Caffins maybe out and that things may be dead. So that's again, that's a savvy bet by me. I think a great bet by me. And then I got a little unlucky. And if it is now ruled out that Luke is out, instead of just losing that bet, I will then chase, chase, chase and lose a lot of money.
Speaker 4: That's how it works. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, it says we're out of time, we're at zero's, but the last thing on there is his father of hers son.
Speaker 4: I'm not letting us skip it. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: You gotta be like super honest about this question. I'm this isn't for your career, Like you know, it's not an argument. It's not, you know, defending Lebron.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, I don't even know what the question is yet, but the implication there is I'm not.
Speaker 4: Do you think I'm not super honest?
Speaker 5: Sometimes I feel like you just have to you have to stand on your opinions, and this one I just need you to.
Speaker 3: It's all good, all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Tom Brady posted a video of him beating his son in hoops.
Speaker 4: So here's the video. All right, go ahead, what's the question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if we played, would you win? Or would I win but it's close? Or I win in a blowout?
Speaker 4: Oh boy?
Speaker 3: Question is key?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Do you remember the last time we played with a score with steaks?
Speaker 4: Yeah? In Houston? Do you remember? I didn't.
Speaker 3: Remember?
Speaker 4: You remember? All right?
Speaker 2: Let me just give the audience a little bit of context here. I'm a shade over six feet tall. Whether people believe it or not. You know, at my athletic apex, I once upon time could dunk a basketball.
Speaker 4: Again. There's a video of it from high school of me. It's fine. Nobody believed one time and broke his risk.
Speaker 2: No, I okay, I tried to dunk in college and did break my risk because I so you were already.
Speaker 3: Dunking in high school and then you try to dunk in college.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'm going to answer the question in a moment, but let's just spend time here because people always use the nick you broke your risk trying to dunk the ball as evidence against the fact that I could dunk the basketball when it's obviously evidence that I could, because nobody will listen to me here, listen to me here. Okay, you know somebody who, at the end of a college intramural game tries to throw down a definitive bleep, You guys, get off the court, dunk somebody who's dunk before. Not somebody who's like, this is gonna be my first dunk ever. Now, on that one, I didn't time the steps right, and what happened was I held the rim a little long legs came out r underneath me, tried to hold it longer, didn't, fell snapped the wrist.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 2: The point point is I was, once upon a time, I would say, a decent basketball player, good act. Demanse is six ' four once upon a time, had a measured forty inch vertical at that AU tournament and played college basketball. So the answer is, of course Demanse by a lot, and I have no shame in that. The reason I referenced the last time we played is, Demanse, what happened right the last time we played? Where I threw up right after the game. I was playing so hard, but you crushed me. What happened about three hours after that?
Speaker 4: Do you remember? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the best game of your high school life. Just just a thirty in ten game.
Speaker 4: No, it was.
Speaker 2: It was Kidner, a thirty and ten game against a guy, the starting backcourt player, that was a D one guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was against high tower, exactly right.
Speaker 2: I got, I got Demanse, all motivated, worked up anyone out there, and crushed it. So yeah, I would lose. You were You're a better athlete than me, but I would. I would do it with dignity. I would not be ashamed of it. There's no shame in losing to you. The only question I have about that Tom Brady video is this, did his son Jack, immediately after that game, uh fake, retire from his school high school, from his basketball team. So he could then try to play for a different basketball team or is that just what his dad does.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back. I didn't say I was a silky smooth three point shooter.
Speaker 2: The question was did I have enough athleticism?
Speaker 4: Okay, not athleticism, leaping ability.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the question.
Speaker 2: I was still grabbing rim in dress shoes at your practices.
Speaker 4: All right? Are you ready to finish up the show?
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 4: You don't even know what we're doing here.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in We'll drive with Nick Right podcast YouTube shoe again. By the way, reminder of players forty seven through forty four, I believe on the fifty best Players of the last fifty years list that is going to be revealed this weekend. Unveiled, so subscribe. It's the same feed as this one that you're either watching or listening to it on. But we're going to be doing that weekly and it comes out this weekend. Okay, the C block. Typically you surprised me with it. I instead, I'm going to surprise you with a topic because you were surprised by something else today and that was the fact that today is me and your mom's anim ursery. So I'm not going to tell you that Demanse I forgot it was our anniversary. He thought I was upset about that. I'm not upset about that. Not his job to remember the anniversary. You didn't get married. Here's the question I have though, because you and I have never talked about this.
Speaker 4: So let me just tell the audience.
Speaker 3: Wasn't invited to the wedding.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I forgot the anniversary. But I also wasn't invited to the wedding.
Speaker 4: Okay. So now we're where I thought this was going to go.
Speaker 2: So let me defend that because people hear that it doesn't sound great.
Speaker 3: That's so great.
Speaker 2: So this is my wife and my our nine year wedding anniversary. I've been together for fourteen just under fourteen years. So we had set money aside for a wedding and to have a big wedding. Then I got the job in Houston and in Kansas City. Remember we were living in that like townhouse apartment things apartment I received. It was it was a good size apartment, but it was also in a retirement. Remember they didn't want to let us move in. And our neighbors Bob and Benny, Yeah, they were like a thousand years old and I'm in there with my three kids. Okay, so then is it fair to say our home in Houston was a significant.
Speaker 4: Upgrade from how we had been living before.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So right around the time Danielle and I were deciding we were going to get married, I got the job in Houston, so all the money I had saved for the wedding went to the down payment for the house. So we didn't realize we were going to have to postpone the wedding entirely a year, which we were considering doing.
Speaker 4: But then there was a reason.
Speaker 3: We wonder how long that considering process was.
Speaker 4: What the postponing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well do.
Speaker 2: You do you remember why we ended up not postponing the wedding. I mean, there's an interesting timeline on how our wedding date and Deanna's birthdate that if you do a little mat there, you'll realize why the wedding was not postponed.
Speaker 4: However, it's not the point pointed.
Speaker 2: As we decided we were going to get married as we had said April thirteenth, twenty thirteen, nine years ago today, and we wanted to stick with it. But I now had no money left. Okay, so we were like, we can go into debt over this, we can ask to borrow money, we can ask fan, or we can try.
Speaker 4: To do it on our own.
Speaker 2: So we decided we were going to have a very very small wedding and and hopefully on our ten year anniversary or at some point, do a big wedding, but have a small wedding. The small wedding necessitated that your mother and I both only get to invite one person. So how how are we supposed to pick between you and your sister? We couldn't do it, so you could. Your mom invited her grandparents.
Speaker 3: Really is the favorite child? Why she's been for a while.
Speaker 4: Why do you say that, You say, my sister, You think we didn't We didn't pick either. She didn't go. You thought she went for.
Speaker 3: A second, No, she didn't go.
Speaker 4: This whole time, you go, the whole time was there and you weren't there.
Speaker 3: That's true betrayal. Yeah, but it was it was grandparents.
Speaker 2: It was it was your mom's grandparents of my mom. My sister didn't go. Your mom's sisters didn't go. This is, by the way. It caused a lot of drama within the family, a lot of rips.
Speaker 4: But hey, here's the thing. Nobody was throwing money.
Speaker 2: In the hat to set the thing up, so we had to.
Speaker 4: Make the choices we had to make.
Speaker 2: So you will never be accountable for not remembering the anniversary, because I still have a little regret and guilt that you were not at the ceremony. But such as life. When you know what I mean, you're getting out starting on your own. By the way, I will use the final thirty seconds of the show to say it was nine years ago today, that it was the greatest day of my life. I love you so much, Danielle. Even though our producers off the air take vicious personal shots at your professional ability as a stylist, mocking my.
Speaker 4: Clothes on the show.
Speaker 2: Off the show, it's really I mean, I look at this group of idiots.
Speaker 4: And what they're wearing.
Speaker 2: We got Matt, who was I think, wearing long john We have Gabe who is wearing long sleeved shirt and shorts for the ninth straight day, which even though Demanse's trying to popularize.
Speaker 4: That look, it's not a good look.
Speaker 2: The young lady in the back looks fine, it looks is dressed well, but she has to work around these dupases all the time, but they you know, if they had shopped at Trentage, my Wife Story Earn Harlem or a hired Freebird Incorporated do some styling, maybe they wouldn't look like such dupasses. I've done both, so I look great every episode. I will talk to you guys next week. Hey, thanks for watching smash. Or just lightly tap that subscribe button. It all works the same to get more from the show and make sure you click why don't you wanted to mash the bell to guys, or just you know, lightly tap the bell to get notified every time new content drops. Check out full episodes of What's Right wherever you get your podcasts, or just hit the link in the description below