Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: High noon on a Wednesday here at the Star in Frasco inside the SWBC podcast studio. And that means it's the official start of Carolina Panthers Week. Why the expression, Mickey.
Speaker 4: Well, I was trying to on my legal pad here, Yes, come up with some things on the Panthers. Yes, yes, that might concern you.
Speaker 3: They got the number one overall pick of the draft.
Speaker 4: I was going to say all I can give you because I'm three quarters of the way down the page and I hadn't found anything that.
Speaker 3: If you don't watch it, Mickey, they are going to be playing mix shots in the team meeting room of the Caravan Panthers, and they're going to get themselves fired up for some football off the upset.
Speaker 4: As I reminded everybody that in the last three games they've scored thirteen, thirteen and fifteen, but they won with fifteen against one.
Speaker 3: Of the hottest teams like the Houston Texans fifth.
Speaker 5: They have a decent defense, right, I mean, that's that's gotta.
Speaker 3: Be Well, they gave Lease up. He just said, he just said what they scored. They gave up back to back weeks of forty two points against Detroit and Miami a month ago.
Speaker 4: And they beat They beat Houston with two hundred and twenty nine total yards.
Speaker 2: Was going with you in that game?
Speaker 4: They must have thought it was Carolina to.
Speaker 5: The two quarterbacks, the two rookie quarterbacks were going up against.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and Bryce Young proved he's the better of the two, and since then CJ. Stroud has proven he's not only the better of the two, he's one of the best in the history of the National Football League. He's the best rookie quarterback ever.
Speaker 2: But I have to worry about him.
Speaker 3: Fortunately, Cowboys fans don't have to worry about us getting fired up to face the Carolina Panthers. They've got to be worried about the ones down the hallway.
Speaker 2: All Panthers. Right.
Speaker 3: No, we are not, no, And every team in the league is capable. That's outside of the one they played on Sunday.
Speaker 4: The Giants. They pay their guys.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's mixed messaging.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I was trying to say the same thing last week, to the point that I actually predicted a final score of only nineteen to three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that was just yeah, that was a gimmick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 5: Well, Nate pretty much solidified on how we felt about it as a unit when he said one hundred to nothing.
Speaker 3: Yep, so they fell short.
Speaker 4: Of Actually, as accurate as we are with our scores, we should always have a gimmick then we have a right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, accurate was very accurate.
Speaker 3: One big walking bit.
Speaker 2: We have that, that's right.
Speaker 3: So any news on this day, and we talked about Layton van Derresh yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and a few of the players talked about it. Dimoon Clark, you know, who kind of went through the same thing that Layton went through, what three four years ago with the next surgery, and he talked about how nateon Natan Layton was with him after the surgery and once he got here every step of the way trying to help him out, help him out what he was going through. So that was enlightening. And as DeMarcus Lawrence said, you know, we all would rather walk away on our terms than on on the league's terms. And well, and he's a young guy, and I've heard that forever. You know, if you're lucky enough to walk away on your own terms, then to have someone tell you you're done. So well, he's out for the year, and it just sounds like it's probably his career.
Speaker 2: Talking about Vandrys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, and as we talked about yesterday, they've got to they need to find a way to get Evans on the fifty three man roster. Now, I don't know, you know, do you sit there and go, well, it's just Carolina. They're only averaging seventeen points a game, and maybe we go through one more game before we put them on the fifty three. I'm not sure how they're looking at it, but I don't see someone on the roster. I think I said it yesterday that you could release and get them on the practice squad. That will clear waits.
Speaker 3: Anyone nursing an injury.
Speaker 4: That's what you have to find. Somebody is nursing an injury. But the only guy who was on the injury was.
Speaker 3: At a someone at a position of depth. Yeah, and it's not retroactive either, So like in the case of Turpin, right, if you yeah, that does since he missed the last game, it's not like baseball where you could make it retroactive to the last game he played in.
Speaker 4: Correct, and you didn't have anybody else on the injury list. So somebody's got to get hurt in practice and the way they practic, well, I shouldn't say that because Tyron came down with a stare in practice they need it.
Speaker 5: Well's an exception they need it lately. He's an exception to who.
Speaker 4: They need go on ir for four week injuries that they don't absolutely need.
Speaker 3: Right, speaking of injuries, the news around the league today in Cleveland, you got Deshaun Watson, DeShawn Watson out for the year.
Speaker 2: What happened his shoulder?
Speaker 3: He just played, yes, and he he injured his shoulder late in the first quarter of what turned out to be a win over the Baltimore Ravens. He played the rest of the game, went fourteen for fourteen I think in the second half of that game, and went in for an MRI yesterday and it revealed and he also had a high ankle sprain, but he did. He played through both and then it gets revealed today that he's got a.
Speaker 4: It's about time someone figured out they're a top ten team.
Speaker 3: Nate Newton with a Cammeo appearance and they it to non displaced fracture in his shoulder and out for the year, needs surgery.
Speaker 4: So non displace.
Speaker 3: I think it's non displaced fracture.
Speaker 4: Does that mean the fractures stayed together.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just know that he's out for the year. And so he played well, that's the thing he's been bothered by. I think it was a shoulder injury and.
Speaker 2: He barely finishes the game starts.
Speaker 3: Well, here's what you know what Cleveland did.
Speaker 4: Cheap shot there, but I didn't take it well.
Speaker 3: And but to his credit in this last game now now playing with a non displaced fracture in his throwing arm, his shoulder, he finished the game against the Raven big game for the Browns and played well in the second.
Speaker 2: That was his best moment of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so, but how about what the brown did in the preseason. Now they drafted Dorian Thompson Robinson who's now going to start for them this week against Pittsburgh. And Thompson Robinson out of UCLA I liked in the draft, the fourth round pick. He lit it up in the preseason to the point that they had a guy on their roster, another veteran quarterback named Joshua Dobbs who they traded to the Arizona Cardinals in late August. And he goes on to start a week later for the Cardinals and beat the Cowboys. And then he gets traded in Minnesota and he's two to zero in games he's played in for the Vikings. Well, they don't have him anymore in Cleveland, so they went and they had to go get when Watson got hurt, they had to go get PJ. Walker. Thompson. Robinson started one game, did not farewell against Baltimore and a twenty eight to three loss, and then PJ. Walker has fared worse. So now they're going with dtr this week. But I went bigger picture look around the league. Now, quarterback injuries in this league, And on my drive in I figured out there is a least one quarterback in every division in the NFL that is either out for the year or has missed multiple games due to injury. You take it from the NFC East Daniel Jones out for the year, with the Giants. NFC North, Kirk Cousins out for the year with the torn achilles for the Vikings. NFC South, Derek Carr goes down the other day. I'm not sure how what his prognosis is going forward.
Speaker 4: That didn't look good.
Speaker 3: NFC West Kyler Murray missed the first half of the season coming off the ACL injury. You go to the AFC and the obviously in the East, Aaron Rodgers with the achilles on the fourth play of the season. AFC North now DeShawn Watson's out for the year, AFC South Anthony Richardson, the rookie quarterback for the Colts, out for the year, and AFC West Garoppolo in Vegas. Every division in football has lost a starting quarterback for multiple games.
Speaker 4: And why do you think that?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 4: Offensive lines?
Speaker 5: No protection, no protection. I mean, that's that's what you see.
Speaker 4: That's why what took place in the fourth quarter in that Giants game for the Cowboys was invaluable. I was talking with Cooper Rush and uh and I said, well, I bet you got more snaps in that game than you did for the last two weeks combined. He goes, combined, he goes, that's more snaps than I've gotten in like forever. Yeah, because Dak. You know, Schottenheimer pointed it out in his press conference on Monday that Dak's kind of greedy. He wants all the snaps.
Speaker 2: So hey, when you're on the road like that, you never want the evening to end.
Speaker 4: Rush gets none, he gets none. And so he was saying, I can't tell you how valuable that was because we were not just in there to hand the ball off and run out the clock. We were running our offense. Yes, And I said, what about for those young offense linemen. He goes, Oh, he goes, that's amazing for them because we were we were not just running the ball. We were playing football. And for those young guys that get that those snaps because they get maybe a crumbs in practice. All right, Tyran doesn't need to go every or Zach doesn't need every snap. You know, you get in there, TJ. Bass and he was talking about how valuable that quarter was that they actually played football and it was football because in practice they're not doing what happened in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Can get that kind of work these days?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, and then you're welcome, by the.
Speaker 7: Way, Yeah, right then, you also look at what the Cowboys did acquiring Trey Lance and what they've done for their quarterback room, providing extra depth in case of an inn injury.
Speaker 3: And we've said it after that trade, and you know, two months ago we said this quarterback room is as good as any when you look at the depth of it, as good as any in the league.
Speaker 5: You think Trey thought he was going to play Trey Lance.
Speaker 4: No, because he can't.
Speaker 2: He can't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, they've got to have two injuries. Yeah, he better not have thought.
Speaker 3: But that's it's just the nature of the beat. And we're just halfway through this thing. You know, we're just halfway through this season and you've already Producer Supreme mentioned Matthew Stafford's another one in FC West. He's supposedly going to be back this week. But I mean, season ending injuries for quarterbacks. It's very prevalent around the league.
Speaker 4: Well, just go back to last year. San Francisco loses three quarterbacks right.
Speaker 3: Down three as it turned out by the time they they finished champions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they lost Garoppolo from the.
Speaker 3: Start, where they lost Lance from the start and start, and then they had Garoppolo. He goes down. Then party goes down, and once he ran became.
Speaker 4: The and then Johnson. It was Johnson right the concussion in the playoff game, and Perdy had to go back in because he couldn't but he couldn't throw the foot.
Speaker 2: Old school right then, Yeah, right, hey, hey, come on back up.
Speaker 3: We need you. All right, We're just getting started on a Wednesday edition of Mixed Shots. Lots to get to on Mickey's legal pad when we come back.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 4: The press out.
Speaker 3: Who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll want for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run thish show, run it up the middle Ay scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere? It's the crisp Crunch that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of fool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and in inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 6: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisket and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Creek, the America's team playing America's Greatest school, Millert the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three.
Speaker 8: Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 5: Dem Shots, Kposts, Roofing and Waterproofing the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: That's very nice, Everson mucho.
Speaker 2: Not want to do this.
Speaker 3: You did it with emotion, though I.
Speaker 2: Know I always try to put you know, inflect.
Speaker 3: You know, Mickey has been retired from that position, and rightfully so and gratefully.
Speaker 4: I need I need cape post, roofing and waterproofing on the floor.
Speaker 5: Of the I think I'm going to need it. I'm going to need it at my house. I promise you I'm going to need at my house.
Speaker 3: Don't get me and into home improvement right now after spending my morning with a plumber.
Speaker 2: And you've been bemoaning that for quite.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, so what are the two what are the two worst words you as a homeowner could hear?
Speaker 5: I don't know, deny, denied funding.
Speaker 3: Actually actually it could be worse. I mean it could house fire would not be foundation work found. No, my two are slab leak. And that's what I heard this morning. So we are going to re route.
Speaker 4: I just I just watched them bury my money underneath the slab when it had to be fixed. You tunneled, They tunneled.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, we we got an estimate on it. Do you know they can actually, ever soon go underneath the foundation and fix a leak. They call it scuba dives tunnel underneath your house.
Speaker 4: They basically tunnel enough that that I could have walked underneath.
Speaker 3: I was wondering how large that tunnel would be.
Speaker 8: It was deep.
Speaker 3: I think my house would fall over. I'm not. All they had to do.
Speaker 2: All they had to do was that's what I was.
Speaker 3: All they had to do was say ten k and and we're not tunneling. But they fixed it now for a pretty penny. Yours was more than that.
Speaker 4: And the insurance company didn't cover it.
Speaker 2: Okay, my problem with roofing. Yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 3: Now we re route to Carolina. What's next on Mickey's legal pad on this Wednesday?
Speaker 4: So Carolina has scored no more than seventeen points. In six of their games. They twenty ninth and scoring thirtieth in yards per game two seventy five, thirty first in first down conversions. So they've had problems offensively. They're twenty eighth and sacks allowed. Bryce Young's been sacked twenty nine times and he's got a quarterback rating of seventy five point nine. And I don't know if that's him. I don't know if he doesn't have much around him. Adam Thielen is their leading receiver.
Speaker 5: Man, what did what did Adam do to anybody to end up Carolina.
Speaker 4: Sixty eight catch? Yeah, So offensively, they've been pretty much challenged. Defensively, you know, at times they've they've been okay. I want to say their ranking is you.
Speaker 5: Know, you try to look for things. What I look for them is okay, Yeah, they've had problems. But how did they play at home?
Speaker 3: Well, they are we'll get to that in just a moment. But they are seventh seventh in the league in total yards allowed defensively, but they're thirtieth in the league and points allowed.
Speaker 2: What really quickly go alpha turnovers?
Speaker 3: There could be turnovers involved in that. Now they're turnover ratio. They are thirty first in the league in takeaways. Yes, they're thirteenth in the league in giveaways, so takeaways.
Speaker 4: Twenty ninth in sacks defensively, seventeen they are.
Speaker 3: They have seven takeaways on the season. They I'm sorry, is that right?
Speaker 4: Seventeen?
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: What did I say? Takeaways?
Speaker 3: Yeah, takeaways. They have two fumble recoveries in five interceptions. Yeah, seven, so it is seven.
Speaker 2: Yes, you don't want to believe it.
Speaker 4: No, I got it right here, we're talking about Bill, he was himself.
Speaker 2: Must be seventeen.
Speaker 4: It must be, which is which is weird because they've given up twenty six point nine points a game, but haven't given up that many yards, So they.
Speaker 3: Must be passing pass defense sixth in the league and pass defense six uh as far as passing yards, which also tells me because they are twenty sixth in the league in rush defense, as teams are getting ahead of them and they don't have to pass the football anymore.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 4: Word to the wise, get out to a lead on this team and make them play ketchup, just like they did in this game. And that's why I always think they should take the ball if they get a decision on the kickoff to start.
Speaker 5: The game, especially on the road. Do you think Yeah, I think especially on the road. I mean maybe not home, because home you want to.
Speaker 4: Might be a whole game for the Cowboys because I would have made Carolina fans are not real happy and the tickets will be available for Cowboy fans if they want it.
Speaker 5: I still get fan from Carolina, do you come, because it's a lot of Cowboy fans there?
Speaker 2: And then old school, old school fans.
Speaker 5: This before Carolina came into existence, we had major Carolina fans that were, you know, Dallas Cowboy fans.
Speaker 3: Okay, when you look at who they've played, Okay, all right. They lost to Atlanta twenty four to ten, lost to New Orleans twenty to seventeen. Seattle as a pretty good team this year. Or they're watch six and three, okay, tied with San Francisco at the top of the third Division. They gave up thirty seven to Seattle. They lost thirty seven to twenty seven. Then Minnesota they lost twenty one to thirteen.
Speaker 4: That was back when Minnesota was bad though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, that was before Joshua adopts, before they won five, before they won five, and it may have been right at the beginning of their five game win streak. All right, then they played at Detroit and Miami back to back, and they gave up eighty four points total in those two games. They gave up forty two a piece to forty two a piece to Detroit and Miami. So I can already tell you that on Friday, you're picking my point total for the Cowboys will be forty two points.
Speaker 2: And that's what happens with research.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so then after that they after a bye week, they beat Houston got their only win fifteen thirteen, and then the last two weeks against Indianapolis featuring Gardner Minshew at quarterback, they lost twenty seven to thirteen, and then against Chicago with Tyler Beagent however you say his name, I think they lost Beijing. Yeah, sixteen thirteen, they lost. They've had the many by though, and what they do when they came off their bye week they won their only game. Ah, they fear in your heart Thursday, right, Yeah, they played last Thursday.
Speaker 4: That's why when you go in and you play these games, it's about yourself. If you're gonna look at any trend, I'm looking for one.
Speaker 5: Well, they played decent at home. They played decent at home.
Speaker 3: Saints seventy eight point lost in Minnesota one over Houston at home. That's a great point there.
Speaker 2: That's all you got. You gotta look for something the Coats. That was a tough one. I don't know what happened, by the way.
Speaker 5: That's that's really Those are the things that you have to look at. Yeah, so when you go into a game, you're not blindsided. You're like, Okay, we've been looking at the overall picture.
Speaker 2: These guys suck. That's what we're gonna be thinking. You're gonna go in.
Speaker 5: If you're casual enough, you think something like that, and then you get surprised and then the next thing, you know, you look at the stats and you go, you know what, guys, I didn't realize how good they played at home.
Speaker 2: That kind of crack.
Speaker 4: And the Cowboys are only two and three on the road.
Speaker 5: So those are the things that you know, those are the caution every tails right there.
Speaker 3: You know what that Indianapolis game they lost twenty seven to thirteen. You know how Indianapolis scored two of their touchdowns pick sixes by Kenny Moore. So it wasn't their defense give it up the points. Bryce Young through three interceptions in that game, and two of them were returned for touchdowns by Kenny Moore.
Speaker 5: So that means our defense needs to come to play to shut it down. When we talked last week, Bill wasn't here, but me and Nate were just talking about how we need to just smash these guys. That's easy to and you expect it when you're at home. I mean, you just expect that we played well against losing teams at home. But all of a sudden we go on the road. There's always some little hitch. So to me, that cautionary tail, you know, it needs to be It needs to be listened to, It needs to be expected. You know that they're going to come with us defensively with everything that they have. So we go out there thinking this is going to be an easy game on offensively because hey, we just came off of six hundred plus yard game. You know we're gonna go in there with that chest out. But then that defense is going to be waiting on us.
Speaker 4: So do you consider the Cowboys victory over the Chargers a good road win? I think should have been better.
Speaker 2: No, I think seventeen a road win. I think so too.
Speaker 3: I think I stride coming out after that San Francisco game.
Speaker 2: We could have easily buckled.
Speaker 3: And that was that was a pressure game, right because into the by, you're going into the by, and you had to get that win to be above five hundred, going into by.
Speaker 5: A talented offensive team that we held at seventeen points.
Speaker 3: Who in Herbert's got seventeen touchdown passes and five picks this year. Now, granted against the Cowboys, he missed a couple the throws. It could have been touchdowns and so hey, but that's that's another reason why, Okay, you're happy that you got out of that one with a win.
Speaker 5: You know that wasn't I wouldn't. I wouldn't attribute that to any type of luck, though.
Speaker 3: I would and coming into the season and even now, even though the Chargers are like at four and five right now, I look at them as a playoff team.
Speaker 2: They're not pushovers.
Speaker 5: I'm sure the amount of points they aren't that that much or how much how much they've.
Speaker 4: Lost so since they lost by, since they got beat by San Francisco, they've averaged The Cowboys have averaged thirty three point seven points a game with a low of those twenty.
Speaker 5: But but you know, as we you know, we'd like to be put things in the perspective here, right, all of those teams weren't that good, and they should have they should have beaten them.
Speaker 8: Yes, exactly, But that's a game.
Speaker 5: That's the one that really showed me just how much we can answer well.
Speaker 3: And then when you when you look at the road games for the Cowboys, I think you have to take them individually to figure out, Okay, do the Cowboys have a problem on the road or were their circumstances involved. At the Giants, they won forty to nothing. They were a pretty good road team that week. At Arizona, everybody knew the Giants were the Giants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but not not the first game of the season. There were people predicting.
Speaker 3: No, that's what I'm saying, before before we figured out.
Speaker 4: What the Giants giants.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, at Arizona, bad road team, but you're playing without three offensive linemen.
Speaker 2: Okay, so with the heck of a question, that doesn't mean against the person that happens to be.
Speaker 3: Turns out it turns out to be Okay, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know what, And I kept saying that without the three offensive lineman, but.
Speaker 2: Without the three offensive but he didn't.
Speaker 4: Have to give up twenty eight points, right right, all right?
Speaker 3: And then San Francisco, that was not a good road trip at the Chargers to them, and that's a good one.
Speaker 5: Okay, time that day I was, I was in Los Angeles talking big trash.
Speaker 3: And then so what about at Philadelphia?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: See, and everybody will throw out the record on the road, but they don't consider who you play.
Speaker 3: That's what I was opposed to.
Speaker 5: Who you play if you who you play if they if they suck, yeah right, but they don't consider who you play if they're good, like the Eagles.
Speaker 3: So five road games, they've had three that we would deem acceptable road trips and which is a two and one record, and two that were unacceptable, no doubt, Arizona and San Francisco. So now we see what happens at Carolina.
Speaker 4: And the Jets have played better since the Cowboys beat them that bad on the road.
Speaker 3: No, that was they played at the Giants. They played the Jet Jets.
Speaker 4: Were here, I'm sorry, Yeah, the Giants were on there. Yeah, so okay, the home games, right, Jets, New England, Rams Giants. Anybody got a winning record in that group? What are the Jets now?
Speaker 3: They're losing records?
Speaker 4: Oh, they're still losing, okay.
Speaker 3: Jets, New England Rams, Giants, Giants. Nope, no, zero for four there. So so we don't have good home wins.
Speaker 2: What we have predictable home predictable right right?
Speaker 3: And Washington is not above five hundred that's next Thursday, and but Seattle is above five hundred, although they might be below by the time they Thursday.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I think Washington is a good team, I really do. I think they're a talented team that's going to be dangerous for us. Before it's all said, we have to play them twice.
Speaker 2: Yep, right, yep.
Speaker 3: So Naden is texting, So what are y'all setting up the game to be a win or loss?
Speaker 2: Help me? Here?
Speaker 3: Are we setting it up to be a woman?
Speaker 4: We're just throwing out facts.
Speaker 5: What's what's setting it up so they can have a sense of urgency?
Speaker 2: Beat that?
Speaker 5: Buts like, we just beat the Giants at home. I don't care where we play. I'm going back to the same speech. It doesn't matter where we play, especially if we play against the team was supposed to be let's smash these dudes, man.
Speaker 3: Just like Detroit and Miami, the standard is already been set. You get forty two points against them, whether you're playing them on the road or at home, forty two points is the stand.
Speaker 4: And it's not like it's a hard place to play it either.
Speaker 5: I'm your fans, cowboy fans are going to be there. And if it's raining, yeah, even better for us.
Speaker 4: Were we together in that rain delayed preseason game.
Speaker 3: I was not there. We're not there for that one.
Speaker 4: Goodness, it rains so hard. I couldn't see the other side of the stadium unless the lightning was striking.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: I think that the formation that we came out with other personnel, with the five defensive linemen, I like that. I like, I don't mind Parsons not being that guy to pressure every third down or whatever. I do like our other other men out there that can pressure the quarterback. But I don't mind Parsons being in that linebacker position. I like the five defensive linement on the line of scrimmage that really I thought that really helped us in regards to controlling the run.
Speaker 3: And then shoot Parsons through the.
Speaker 4: Gap and they and they they've struggled. I can't remember what you said. Why I looked this up. They've struggled to run the ball too.
Speaker 3: Cuba Cuba Hubbard and their big free agent signing with Miles Anders from Philadelphia who signed four years twenty five million dollars.
Speaker 4: And he's not starting, is he?
Speaker 2: Or is he? And you have to look at the offensive line and what are they dealing with?
Speaker 5: Do they have some surprises on the offensive line of guys that.
Speaker 3: In Harvard the last four their first round draft pick number six overall last year. Is there starting left tackle in Kwanu And there's jury's still out on exactly how effective he's going to be in this league.
Speaker 2: So the entire line obviously they're young, right.
Speaker 4: Right, and Bryce Young speaking of Young as the best per carry average at six.
Speaker 2: Point eight.
Speaker 4: And Bill's favorite wide receiverlt.
Speaker 3: Is Lavisca Chanault out of DeSoto U.
Speaker 4: It's got fifty five yards rushing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can. He can run the ball.
Speaker 5: And Nate says Washington is not a good team. They can command nothing.
Speaker 8: See there.
Speaker 4: We don't even need to open up the computers to check the text line.
Speaker 3: And by the way, Mickey, as we go to break I got some good news for you. The forecast for Sunday in Charlotte is sunny and a high of sixty four degree. All right, or macshof just a moment.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 6: Cowboys Football and Millerlyte. What a pairent can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swager Brisky in the smoker, Miller Lte and the click the America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time. Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three MILIBERWN Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: As they snapper, the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 3: He escaped flapped. He'll look for a prestown.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school. PEPSI finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 8: Demic shuts.
Speaker 5: You where ever, Sir, experienced the most electricfying event of the holiday season, Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza, powered by Reliant. Every Friday and Saturday night from November seventeenth through December sixteenth, Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza ignites the Star in Frisco with an unforgetable holiday performance showcasing sixty five performers, including the world and now Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, Santa Claus, and appearances from your favorite Dallas Cowboys football heroes. Visit the Star District dot com for more information.
Speaker 4: You make the hero cut.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, no one called me. I guess not.
Speaker 3: So that starts November seventeenth. That's Friday, that's right. The holiday season starts on Friday. Officially, that's true.
Speaker 4: And there's a at least around here, there's a high school playoff game Thursday night.
Speaker 3: There's one Friday night and Saturday night too, probably.
Speaker 2: During the.
Speaker 4: Extravagain, right, you.
Speaker 5: Got football to play shoots? You know how long the playoffs last in Texas high school I.
Speaker 4: Believe that you go right up to Christmas at.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is how this is how serious they are about high school football and Texas during the pandemic. They played high school football playoff games on Christmas Eve starting at eight o'clock eight o'clock kickoff on Christmas Eve over at Chucktaws Stadium in Arlington. So Santa could have got there Christmas afternoon. Also, yeah, so but they the high school playoffs wrap up this year the week before Christmas. Just the timing of it. And answer your question on games at the Star this week. There is a playoff game tomorrow night Thursday night at the Star Jesuit Prepp against Coppel, the unbeaten Copel Cowboys. And then on Friday night Frisco Panther Creek High School plays Waco Levego.
Speaker 4: And they're only like a second year school, Panther Creek.
Speaker 3: That's right, yep.
Speaker 4: I didn't think I knew all that.
Speaker 3: You do know quite a you know what.
Speaker 4: I think I found the guy that they could probably squeeze through waivers. Oh yeah, you made.
Speaker 2: Me, by the way.
Speaker 3: And there's also a game Saturday night South o'cliff and Melissa Saturday night seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: Ford Center is going to be happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there you go, all right, now, go ahead.
Speaker 4: You made me think of this when you said that Calvin Joseph got released.
Speaker 3: Yes, Kelvin Joseph released by the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: So how about Noah Igbinogheny. He's been inact of the last couple of games. He's more of a veteran. You think somebody would claim him.
Speaker 3: Maybe the question is can you afford to lose him?
Speaker 4: Because the next guy up after that is Eric Scott, who hasn't played yet all season. But I can't find somebody else they can afford to lose or get through without somebody grabbing.
Speaker 3: Them, unless there's a m string tweaked.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: But they got to do something that Rashwan has to be up.
Speaker 4: Don't you think. Yeah, you can't say the situations wait and see if a spot over.
Speaker 3: And it's inevitable that you got that game and then you got another one four days later, right, so you might as well go ahead and make the move. I forget the feeling ever since that Mickey loses sleep over these roster boots.
Speaker 4: No, they're probably the ones losing sleep because there's no obvious one. Yeah, right, there's just not an obvious one.
Speaker 5: Well, and plus we have the luxury of much depth on this team, which is a good thing.
Speaker 3: One thing that struck my ear listening to the coordinators talk on Monday afternoon the praise given to one Tyler Beatdish. Yes, I did hear that, and especially coming off the game against the Giants where he's matched up against Dexter Lawrence, and just the praise on how Tyler beyondish he's able to handle the physical nature of playing that position and also being able to do what a center has to do from a metal standpoint.
Speaker 5: And I would imagine his improvement is matched with Dak's improvement because before, I think early in the season, I was not impressed with any of the offensive lines, especially him, but I can't say that now. Ever, since the Charges game, it seems like he's been moving more forward than backwards.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think people forget he was a pro bowler last year.
Speaker 11: Now I know it was added added guy, but he was still in it on the top, so somebody knew about him and that was a position so many people were worried about last year and it was like, no, watch this guy play.
Speaker 3: He's the youngest, right, this is a this is contract year four con track here. Yeah, so fourth year in the league, fourth year, and maybe Brian Schottenheimer is acting as his agent. I don't know, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, but that's what I thought. Jerry was acting as CD's agent. No, No, Mike was McCarthy when he said, and the good thing about CD is going to be with us for a long time. And I'm going, oh.
Speaker 3: And that's what I thought immediately, is Okay, does he know something we don't know about? I mean this sometimes this time of the year is when you take care of some guys that are up for the contract extent announcements.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, you.
Speaker 3: Think that could happen in mid season?
Speaker 4: Oh, I could think it could happen anytime than CD.
Speaker 3: He wants to benefit. It could benefit things as far as your salary cap.
Speaker 4: And that's why you do it now, because you're taking a preemptive strike, right because if he keeps going at this rate, he could be the number one receiver in the league. And his guy might say, h let's see what that's worth.
Speaker 3: I don't want to mess with a good thing. Though he's got four straight hundred yard games. That, not that he would lose any incentive. He's not that. But things are going pretty well here. Just keep on keeping on.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, you're exactly right.
Speaker 3: But you know, there are unsung players on this team, and we focus on the skill position guys and so forth. And even coming out of that game, there was Mazzie Smith doing some things.
Speaker 4: Back to back tackles three I think he ended up with three in the game, and they were really happy with the way he.
Speaker 2: Just an right.
Speaker 5: Number is minuscule, but it's it's, you know, collective effort, that's what it was he had. There were times when you couldn't tell who made the tackle on the team because everyone was around the ball.
Speaker 4: Three tackles, one tackle for a loss and a quarterback hit and one of those tackles I believe he was on when that goal line stand right, But then they marched ninety six yards for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: But to ever since point, especially with interior defensive linemen, the stats don't tell the story on them. But because there's so much that they do that don't show up on a stat sheet, it's so difficult to get on a stat sheet from that spot. But what you're doing is you know, you might be taking on a double team or whatever, you're freeing up somebody else to do something. It's just what I liked about him. There was you could see some some of that burst and athleticism that they talked about before in Power, that they talked about when they drafted him.
Speaker 5: And it's okay to ramp up on a team that's having issues. You know, that can give you your head start. You know, it can get your momentum going. So it doesn't matter who you're playing against. If you experience that success, you know that that can that can lead to you know, more success.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The other guy that was mentioned I think by Dan Quinn that I've noticed the last couple of games, not just because of what he's done on special teams, but Sam Williams looks the part as an edge rusher now, I mean he did before, but he really looks like he's jumping off the screen these days.
Speaker 5: If he if he improves, I mean you're just looking at that's what's we can We can be more diverse in what we do. We can put parsons in different places and not necessarily worry.
Speaker 4: About because you got that guy, right, one guy that's gonna get you.
Speaker 3: And it may be because he has fresh legs, you know.
Speaker 8: And guess what.
Speaker 4: He played seventy seven percent of the snaps on special teams, and remember they used him as a gunner.
Speaker 2: I saw him, you know, I was at the game. I saw it. I saw it. It was crazy.
Speaker 5: I mean he was he's not slow, No, he's not slow. And the dB was having a problem keeping him from going down the field.
Speaker 4: And Fossil was talking a lot about it. You know, sometimes when you get success playing on special teams, then when you get to play, it kind of earns you some snaps.
Speaker 5: Maybe I enjoyed playing special teams. It helped me warm up for the plays.
Speaker 4: Are you the gunner?
Speaker 2: No? No, I was on the gunner and I was on kickoff team.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, so you know, plump me turning to kickoff kickoff team and that sprint down there gets you. It just gets you ready, not just your legs, but you know, flowing blood flowing. I always wanted that.
Speaker 4: You know, Fossil had a good point. I didn't think of it this way. He was talking about some of their theory on punt coverage. When you're punting inside the fifty yard line, what he wants his gunners to do. He wants one to get in front of the guy that's catching it and the other one to go behind in case they let it go. And then you're he's faking this, Yeah, faking this. Yeah, because I saw the giant guy. He was faking it at the twenty yard line. I'm going that punt had to go more than twenty yards or thirty yards right, and and then it bounced into the endsty.
Speaker 3: And as we wrap it up. That's a recommendation I have for all Cowboys fans out there. The coordinators talk on Monday, Yeah, and listen to what the coordinators say. You'll pick up on a lot of stuff about great insight. Yeah, about this team and the players on the team.
Speaker 4: I mean, because Fossil even said when they asked him about the gunners or whatever, and he goes, well, and he was getting ready to say it, and he goes, yeah, I guess I can say this. It's not giving away anything, but exactly what you said. They all do that you want one to go behind the guy when it's a punt that's probably not going to be returned.
Speaker 3: The other thing about the coordinators is you can see how well coached this team is when you're when you're bringing up to the podium, when the coordinators have to talk each week to the media, and you're bringing up a Schottenheimer and a dan Quinn and a Fossil. There's some some NFL lineage there. Yeah, well you got that right. Yeah, all right. That does it for mixed shots for this Wednesday, and we will shout at you again tomorrow at high noon.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.