Speaker 1: And broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty arm Strong and Jatte and Geez.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty Strong.
Speaker 4: French Believe said they've been working around the clock to track down the suspects and last week's Louve Jewelry heist. Working around the clock, or as it's known in France, ten thirty to noon and then like two to three thirty.
Speaker 5: Yes, like critic criticize the French culture as being lazy. It's funny and accurate.
Speaker 3: True enough.
Speaker 6: Oh, speaking of foreign cultures, Jack, here's your headline of the day. China is testing restroom machines that make you watch ads in exchange for toilet paper.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah, oh my god. You want to tidy up, you gotta watch his ad first. Yeah, you need more. Well, here's another ad. Oh thirty seconds. China.
Speaker 6: You thought communism was bad, Now they're I'm inflicting this on us.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Now that is I remember from like the only economics class I've ever had in my life, one that I took in college where you learned about elastic and inelastic products. Toilet paper is inelastic.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, you will pay what you need to pay.
Speaker 3: I will sit through every many ads. I gotta sit through. Wow, damn commies.
Speaker 5: So speaking of France, I wonder we were talking about this poll which I'm about to repeat, and a number of people who are extremely proud to be American? What is the poll in other countries? Your average Frenchman? Are they call him Jacques? Are they proud to be French or Brita or Spanish or Chinese or pick a country. I would love to know that.
Speaker 3: I don't have it. I don't really don't. I don't really have a guess.
Speaker 6: Well, and let's pull French French people and then immigrants and ask them the same people the same question.
Speaker 5: Gallup's been asking this question for a quarter of a century, now, how proud are you to be an American? And they only are putting in this graph extremely proud or very proud.
Speaker 3: It's the only.
Speaker 5: Group you really needed to include when they started doing the graph, because everybody was at like ninety percent. Republicans, Democrats, and Independents were all high eighties around ninety percent either extry. Sorry that was in nineteen fifty, right right after World War Two. Now, in two thousand to start this century, either extremely or very proud, not even including moderately proud. Extremely or very gets you to damn near for everybody. It is held at ninety percent. For Republicans, it has gone down to barely over half. For Independence, it's barely over a third now For Democrats who are extremely, very proud to be an American.
Speaker 3: I find that highly troubling.
Speaker 5: And the fact that it's that Republicans held steady through the Obama years, so they weren't basing it on.
Speaker 3: Who's president, which is a stupid way to base it.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's because Republicans would think we're not going to change whether I'm proud to be an American based on who's president.
Speaker 3: What's that got to do with it?
Speaker 5: Like, so we got a text, For instance, as an independent, I would say my pride for my country has gone down because of the way both parties now act so much like each other. Well, yeah, I'm not proud of our current state of politics. In fact, I think it's crappy and I'm not don't. I think our education system is a mess. I think our culture is headed in the wrong direction. But am I proud to be an America be up. Put me extremely? Do you have something higher than extremely?
Speaker 3: Put me down? From my friend?
Speaker 6: You have inadvertently reminded me of something I've said many times, and it's insidious. The idea that the United States of America is it's government. It's absolutely not true. It's the people of the United States. It's our constitution, it's our system. It's not our political parties. They exist within the US of A. They are not They do not define the US of A. They're just a part of it. And I'd rather stand up next to you.
Speaker 3: Yes, So how did we get here?
Speaker 6: I was expounding on my theory last hour, and there's more to it that the indoctrination of the neo Marxist class. And some of that's from you know, the Soviets and the Russians doing it on purpose, and the Chinese now, but also just radical leftists. The indoctrination that they've gotten into our schools has been successful. We've now got a couple a handful of generations of people who been brought up the only history they've gotten is the United States is evil. Here's a list of the evil things that have happened.
Speaker 3: That's not an exaggeration.
Speaker 5: My son has recently out of an American history public school class.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we let it happen, and I'm ashamed of that.
Speaker 6: Although you know, Judy and I were pretty involved in our kids' schooling, and it kind of crept in bit by bit.
Speaker 3: And then, as we.
Speaker 6: All know, as kids were doing online schooling during COVID, parents actually for the first time heard what was happening in the classrooms and were horrified by it.
Speaker 3: But this battle against it has just begun to wit.
Speaker 6: Back to the piece I mentioned about the Minneapolis public schools have ethnic studies is absolutely required. You got to take a bunch of it. And here's a class about the Mong people.
Speaker 3: Why why do you have to tell those classes?
Speaker 6: Well here, well, I'll tell you exactly why. So if you're taking a Mong studies class, you would think you'd learn about the Southeast Asian people's culture and history, right, maybe their involvement in the US Civil the Vietnam War, blah blah blah. So in Minneapolis, prepare you for life to go out and I don't know, support your family. But again, that's not why that class exists. In Minneapolis. High schoolers are instead taught lessons demonizing capitalism as a pillar of white supremacy alongside slavery and genocide in their class about Mong Studies. According to course materials obtained by this group defending Education, the Mong Studies course, which requires social justice activism as part of a final project, is just one of the Ethnic studies classes offered in Minneapolis public schools that push the so called anti racist agenda. Course materials describe ethnic studies as an anti racist tool, featuring themes like decolonizing education, and readings by anti racist activist Ibramex Kendy, who is both a con man and an America hating Marxist, made a lot of money. Though, Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know, kidding from fools, idiots.
Speaker 6: So I'm reading about this some of these class descriptions. Let's see, is that the one I wanted to read? They all look kind of the same. Oh here you go, so, oh that's right. I meant to mention I heard this a number of years ago and was totally unaware of it that the schools of education, the colleges of education, is that was the seed of all this stuff seeping into universities and then high schools and elementary schools across the country. The leftists brilliantly and evillly targeted our educational system. Of course you would. You got to convince the kids to hate their country if you want to bring it down. So they successfully got their evil into the schools of education.
Speaker 3: Listen to this.
Speaker 6: Intro to Ethnic Studies Education and multi Multicultural Education. This is for grades eleven and twelve juniors and seniors in high school and you can earn up to six college credits for taking this. And it all has to do with heading into the field of education. Intro to Ethnic Studies Education is designed to look at the origin, development, and mission of ethnic studies education programs within the context K through twelve education in the United States.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what is that?
Speaker 6: You will learn how ethnic studies is an anti racist tool as counter story in humanizing pedagogy. You will identify the kinds of structural inequalities that are part of K through twelve institutions and the development of curriculum, as well as understand the concept of multidimensional identities and intersectionalities.
Speaker 3: Wow, blah blah blah, college credits a bunch of freaking gobbledegook. There's more.
Speaker 6: Multicultural education introduces prospective teacher candidates approaches of multicultural, anti oppressive education, including issues related to student, family, and community diversity based on race, culture, enguage, class, gender, sexual orientation, and ability. You will reflect on your own biases as they relate to oppression, privilege, and equity in schools and society, as well as formulate ways teachers can be agents of change in and with classrooms, schools, and communities.
Speaker 5: Wow, you got to get your kid out of that school. Not to get your kid out of your school. You'd be better off if they sat at home looking at YouTube videos about math and science than to be subjected to that. You're going to reflect on your own biases if you God, that makes me angry.
Speaker 3: And here's the and you can't.
Speaker 6: He can't connex Latins studies what that they offer. It's all about tearing down the system. That's what all this language means. I got so mad.
Speaker 5: I know I've told this story several times if you've hearn a but my my son's American history classes started this year, and he was so excited about it. He loves stuff like that. He's a history nut like his dad is, and he was so excited about getting into the Revolutionary War. George Washington, Tom Jefferson, all the different stuff and everything like that.
Speaker 3: No, maybe they got to it eventually. I don't know. I pulled him out of the class.
Speaker 5: They wrote the land Declaration the first day, explaining how we had stolen the land from the Indians and how awful we should feel about it.
Speaker 6: Had to that's what they did on day one, and had to give out their pronouns.
Speaker 5: That was their first day at school and went downhill from there as they learned more about the genocide that we committed against Native Americans.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you didn't pull him day one, and he gave it a second day just to be sure.
Speaker 6: Gender Sexuality Studies students will explore the struggles, accomplishments, and culture of intersectionality of individuals within the LGBTQTIA plus community. Students will have the opportunity to investigate engrossing narratives, lectures, drawings, poems, and more as we engage in in covering the rich history of the queer community. This course encourages students of all identities to deepen their understanding of how intersectionality is their own life and uncovers the history of unequal systems of power and privilege and how they have been used to silence members of the queen community My God. Students will also learn about resilience, how the alphabet soup community has embraced resistance as a way to transform the communities in which they live.
Speaker 3: What grade is this?
Speaker 6: This is high schoolers ten through twelve public high school. Yeah, it's required in Minneapolis. Required.
Speaker 5: The course sane and you know you can't. You should pay attention to the education your kids are getting, but you know you also should be able to count on sending your kid to a public school and things will be okay.
Speaker 3: You'd think you could, but you can't.
Speaker 6: So the course materials defending education uncovered for the Mong Studies course back to that is perhaps the best window into the Minneapolis public school systems approach to ethnic studies classes. In one section, power Struggles in Resistance, the class centers. Do you still think I'm paranoid when I say this is all foisted, honest by neo Marxists resistance to what well? The class centers on the pillars of white supremacy, a complete with a diagram equating capitalism with slavery and on par with war and genocide. Part of The class's final assignment requires students to engage in youth lead participatory action research, a convoluted name for social justice activism. It involves students identifying a problem perpetuated by the institutions and the logics of white supremacy. Remember, our whole system is white supremacy. You remember systemic racism. The kids are being taught to tear down the institutions of white supremacy, and our whole country is white supremacy.
Speaker 5: I keep thinking about my own kids, and you know, wanting to make sure they're not exposed too much of this crap. Dangerous and a waste of time. But you know, I gotta worry about the whole country, not just my kids, because.
Speaker 3: There's thousands of pounds, thousands of.
Speaker 5: Kids that are being taught this bulls and they're gonna be out.
Speaker 3: There, get up in the morning and come in and do this, and.
Speaker 5: They're going to be out there voting, in.
Speaker 6: Forming the future of this country. God, that is so frustrating. One final note. There's more, but we're out of time. Supplemental resources for the class include the article five Faces of Oppression, which actually cites Carl Efing Marx to argue that exploitation uses capitalism to oppress.
Speaker 5: That's incredible. Parents need to pay more attention to what they're teaching in their school. I'm glad I did for the school board. If I had just ignored it and assumed he was going to an American history class, I would never.
Speaker 2: Know the Armstrong and Getty shot.
Speaker 6: We're about to hear from a young lady in Portland, I believe. Tell us about her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's probably early twenties, beautiful girl actually, but she's clearly sitting in a woodsy homeless encampment and clearly an addict. Yeah, do harm reduction people come out here and give you supplies like harm reduction.
Speaker 8: Like the clean syringes and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a couple of them.
Speaker 3: But then there's a few of them that came out in a vent and they start passing out stuff like pipes and snorting kids and like that. Why is making it so much easier and more comfortable for people to be like, oh okay, now I don't even know have to go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that is definitely enabling.
Speaker 3: It doesn't help.
Speaker 7: It's enabling actually makes it more harmful because once.
Speaker 3: People get comfortable enough doing.
Speaker 2: Stuff a certain way, like why do anything else?
Speaker 3: So obvious?
Speaker 5: No, but back in the day, the original thing with needles would spread an HIV around. Okay, you could make an argument for that, But beyond that, what's the argument for the paraphernalia handing out hard to drug users?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean because you could get I don't know, a coal or herpes or COVID by sharing a straw you're snorting meth with.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think it has anything with that. It's some sort of I don't know what it is, misplaced compassion.
Speaker 6: I guess, yeah, this is compassion, I think would be the answer. It's yet another great example of the feminization of America where people have completely lost track of the fact that you have to have negative consequences for bad behavior. You'll get more of it. That girl's like, no, you're enabling people. And she didn't make the point, but I thought she was going to say. And if you make it really comfortable for people to be addicted, they get more addicted and it gets harder and harder to get off the stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh, I had a story something.
Speaker 5: I had a story I was going to get to maybe I'll do it tomorrow about these rehabs that are ripping people off. Not only do the rehabs that aren't trying to rip you off fail, like ninety nine percent of the time, there's a whole bunch of them that are they're designed to rip you off.
Speaker 6: There, Well, that's funny, that's I've got a trio of stories. That's number one. Drug rehabs lower in patients for insurance money, then leave them on street.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So rehabs don't work when they're trying and they're legit, they've very rarely worked.
Speaker 6: These are just trying to steal your money. Huge number of scammers. Yeah, and then you got this headline, more marijuana users are crash gummies. High on pot drivers are contributing to more highway accident deaths. New study found that more than forty percent of drivers who died in car accidents in at least one US county over the last six years forty percent at elevated levels of THFC.
Speaker 3: In their Really, that's interesting, now, I say it is.
Speaker 5: Of course I need to know is that hire a lot by a lot than it used to be before it was legal.
Speaker 6: Over the last six years anyway, and then an article asking did pot make the Dallas ice shooter? You remember that a couple of weeks ago he was anti ice and he ended up killing some illegal immigrants. Did Pot make the Dallas ice shooter psychotic? He was a heavy pot user and was starting to develop psychotic symptoms. Heavy pot use absolutely makes psychosis more likely.
Speaker 5: Well, and pot's way stronger than it used to be, so it'd be exactly easier to get there. Well, that's trouble.
Speaker 9: The Armstrong and Getty show or Jack or show podcasts and our hot links the arm Strong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: It's the Armstrong and Getty replay.
Speaker 6: And we were talking about how even guys like us who are like super critical of the idea of becoming more detached from real life, having fewer real friends, fewer real relationships, having a computer girlfriend, and watching porn all the time.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just it's all incredibly unhealthy.
Speaker 6: But we were talking about how when you know Siri or grocor or I use chat ept for amount of oh my god, my Siri lit up.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to talk to you, stop it. Let me alone, I would say, I was talking about you, not to you, stop it, And.
Speaker 6: How even guys like us have an emotional reaction when you have an exchange with you know who and they say a cheery thank you, or in Jack's case, said hey, if you really like that.
Speaker 3: Song, you gotta check out the live version. It's amazing.
Speaker 6: And in spite of ourselves, we have this emotional reaction to it as if it's a human being. And I don't think human beings can can resist that that attraction. I don't know how it would happen, especially the masses, because most people don't think about this stuff at all. Right, Yeah, anyway, so I was thinking, Katie, and this is why cracked myself up. I was gonna say, okay, everybody has to reveal their last three AI searches.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, And I looked at mine.
Speaker 6: And they are do I need a vent free gas insert for my gas fireplace? And it explained to me vent free and what that means and stuff? Also, what the hell is this currency? Saw a price that was listed in Indian rupees and I didn't recognize that the sign. But then this one, this is my third to last one. How many species of animals eat their young?
Speaker 3: Such a guy search?
Speaker 6: Well, remember I sent you that video of a big alligator eating a little alligator, right, And Katie, you replied, I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that. I stand by that well. And I was going to reply the number of species that will eat their young or eat smaller members of that species, there are lots and lots of them, but I decided, no, she's a pregnant lady. You don't need to argue in favor of eating you're young. So I didn't excuse me. But that's why I was looking for. That turns out lots and lots of species, lots of them.
Speaker 5: So I just did mine and eliminating show stuff that I've done today, specifically for the show, just my own personal last three espresso with cream options because I was trying to figure out if people drank espresso with cream or not.
Speaker 3: Isn't that called something different?
Speaker 5: Meaning of a couple of letters in a text? Because this happens to me all the time, where a young person, usually my son, texts me something. It's just a couple letters, Now any idea what it means? So I have to go on GPT and figure out will you be home for dinner tonight?
Speaker 9: RF? Right?
Speaker 5: Exactly? Actually b FS for sure. Yeah, he's always hitting me with that. And then because I got lost the other day on this is who's a word? Who se But is that right? Because I have voice texted and it put on there and for some reason, you know, sometimes the word doesn't look right right, Yeah, and it turns.
Speaker 3: Out it's okay. But like just all of a sudden, it hits you like, that's not right. I've never seen that before.
Speaker 6: Or if you say the words three times in a row, no longer sounds like a word to you. It just sounds like reflection the noises.
Speaker 3: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: My last three that are not work involved fall decorating ideas. Oh nice, pregnancy pain will say when the girls hurt, if you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Oh, gotch and Bube fairy comes to visit and sometimes it's uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're killing me.
Speaker 7: And convert this dog into a royal painting.
Speaker 3: Into a royal painting.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I took a picture of my friend's dog and turned it into like a dap a royal night.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's great.
Speaker 5: One of my searchings searches was what's canyon piercing? Because I heard so many reference at the other day and I didn't.
Speaker 3: Know what it was. That's can you say it on the air.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the it's above your butt cleft, the cleft there putting putting a bar through right above there.
Speaker 3: It's called a canyon peer. I guess it's kind of popular.
Speaker 5: It's like a step beyond the tramp tramp stamp if you ever are observing a woman from that angle for some reason.
Speaker 6: On pierced ladies, for some reason, you're a grand canyon if you will.
Speaker 3: It depends on the person. Your canyon is grand. Uh anyway, Yeah, so that's a piercing insting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's another thing my life could have done without Jack Canyon.
Speaker 3: One of my searches was asparagus storage tips. You are a fun guy. Wow, here you.
Speaker 5: Are on the stair light.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like bet in the circus. It's so much fun. All right, why don't we do this?
Speaker 6: Katie brought this to us speaking of children and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Does this need any set up? The little girl clips you like so much. She's arguing with her dog about her snacks. It's a golden retriever. Yeah, yeah, you can't. They say that is actually awesome. Oh my god, you're inside voice. Oh Is that what she said?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she said you your inside voice.
Speaker 6: God that is Oh no, I'm breaking out in hives. I'm addicted. I'm allergic to cute and.
Speaker 3: I'm having a reaction. Oh that is super cute. Oh that's spectacular. All right.
Speaker 6: Oh, I want to get into the insurance costs. And Bernie Sanders I agree with him for once, maybe later on in the hour. But in my looking at various major left to left center publications, there are several articles out today all saying essentially the same thing, and I wonder if it has something to do with mom Donnie. But they're all saying in Politico, the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, we gotta lose our left flank Democrats. They're crazy that we're running crack pot candidates.
Speaker 3: We've got to stop.
Speaker 6: And I came across this in the Journal some of their political writers, who are not as conservative as you might think, writing for the journal. But the headline is Democratic donors sit on sidelines as party schism persists. The RNC, the Republican National Committee, had eighty six million dollars in cash sitting around at the beginning of last month or this month, rather eighty six million it's twelve million for the DNC. The big donors are close in their checkbooks and sitting on their hands.
Speaker 3: Too many crazy people in your party.
Speaker 6: And what's amazing is how few people were willing to say that until recently.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also big donors who, uh, there's plenty of capitalists who are Democrats, but oh, he's the chunk of the Democratic Party that is anti capitalism.
Speaker 3: They're probably not that excited to fund right right.
Speaker 6: And to return to the theme once again, the great feminization of America that we've been talking about for a couple of days, and how cancel culture is about ostracizing somebody who says something we don't like and you don't argued out with them, You cancel them. You declare them untouchable, You say anybody who goes to coffee with them as a bad person. A very feminine squeezing somebody out of the friend group thing. You combine that with the fact that on the left, especially women, tend to be more acceptance motivated than truths motivated. They want to be accepted in the group. So it makes perfect sense that it took a very long time for progressive or I should just say democrats who have that acceptance lens to stand up and say, excuse me, the group I'm in is wrong, And I think a lot of us agree. Those people have been running the show. They've been bullying everybody. They need to stop. Let's all stand up to them. Takes a while to do that on the left in a way that it doesn't on the right. Hell, we're arguing with each other all the time on the right, saying no, you're wrong, that's not true, or that's not.
Speaker 3: Going to work. The whole acceptance thing on the left doesn't permit that. I've been saying this for a couple of years.
Speaker 5: I have a lot of right leaning podcasts I listen to where the people regularly don't agree. I mean, it's like one of the things that makes the podcast. It's interesting. Are there such a thing on the left? I'm not aware of them.
Speaker 3: Where you have.
Speaker 5: You know a mainstream democrat and a progressive that don't agree on these subjects like happens in the right wing podcast. If you know them one push it my way. I'd love to I'd love to listen to it.
Speaker 3: I just think that's further proof of the of the premise that I can ever remember her name.
Speaker 6: Helen Andrews had in her Great Feminization, a piece that we talked about at length yesterday hour two of the show. If you want to grab the podcast Armstrong and Get on demand. But that's that's part of it is that women, generally speaking, I can find this really quickly. All cancelations are feminine. Cancel culture is simply what women do when there are enough of them to get in a given organization or field. Where is that it's just so well explained that women prize acceptance and cohesion there it is substance fits everything you think of as wokeness involves prioritizing the feminine over the masculine. And think about this in the context of moderate lefties standing up to far left lefties. Empathy over rationality, safety over risk, cohesion over competition.
Speaker 5: On that one, couldn't you just go with the premise of the movie Mean Girls, just that with girls, you're just you're either part of the in group or you're ostracized. Right, that doesn't exist at the same level for guys at all.
Speaker 8: Jack Armstrong and Joe The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 6: Great reporting by Steve Williams. He posted it at RedState dot com. We can't get to the whole thing, so we'll post it at Armstrong and getdy under hot links. LA's latest housing scandal, the homeless industrial complex, unbelievable, he writes. The recent federal arrests tied to a senior housing project have exposed a pattern in a series of earlier transactions quietly approved by the city of La. Key to this scheme is the twenty twenty two purchase of four Extended State America hotels from Blackstone, the world's largest private equity firm. These acquisitions, totally more than one hundred and eighty million dollars, were financed through Project Home key Gavin Newsom's California pandemic here a program to convert hotels into homeless housing, but analysis shows the city was not addressing.
Speaker 3: Homelessness they sit almost empty.
Speaker 6: Instead, it created a real estate windfall for politically connected developers and what to Wall Street's most powerful landlords. The four Extended State properties were sold for staggering amounts far far above market value.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Each was bought from Blackstone, which it acquired the Extended Stay America brand in twenty twenty one through a venture blah blah blah. Less than a year later, Blackstone was cashing out of its La holdings, not to private investors, but to city hall, flush with emergency homeless funds. According to records, each purchase included architectural fees, zoning, CEQA reviews, environmental assessments, and a two percent administrative fee, all build to taxpayers, totally more than four point two million dollars in added costs besides the incredibly bloated prices. Three years later, most of these hotels remain largely empty. They're part of a growing portfolio of home key funded properties that have failed to house significant numbers of homeless residents despite costing taxpayers billions.
Speaker 3: Then he writes sound familiar because it is.
Speaker 6: Back in August, I reported how Torrence officials stopped La County from spending thirty million dollars on a hotel valued at just ten million dollars, a near copy of the scheme the city of ran three years earlier. The steps were nearly identical. Find a hotel, inflate its value, declare an emergency purchase using homelessness funds, move tax payer money quickly before anyone asks questions. But the problem was the city of Torrens is run by Republicans, and suspecting that the county's price was inflated, the city commission an independent third party appraisal which confirmed that the true value was not thirty million dollars, it was ten million dollars. Under public scrutiny, the deal collapsed, with the Republican led city government preventing another multi multimillion dollar misuse of public funds. And he goes into describing of how it's all built on secrecy, secrecy. Everything moves quickly, the figures are never known to the public. Project home Key was designed for speed, not scrutiny. Cities are allowed to bypass competitive bidding and public hearings if they labeled their purchases emergency acquisitions.
Speaker 5: How did the Bernie crowd get away with the tax the rich rich not paying their for fair share all the time without ever getting into this stuff. This is where the money is, Bernie AOC. You want more money for all the stuff you care about.
Speaker 3: This is where it is right, right, absolutely true.
Speaker 6: And you know what really pisses me off is that the media, they have completely lost their taste for finding and disclosing government waste or lavish programs like this because they're all generated by the left, and so they think, well, homeless is a terrible problem. I don't want to be seen as criticized them. I mean, they may have overpaid a little, but it was an emergency, after.
Speaker 5: All, after all, architect fees. It's already existed for a very long time. I'm sure it's fine.
Speaker 6: Well, and hack Law, which is the acronym for the Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles, acts as broker administrator, handles all the transactions internally, then builds the city for staffing and overhead millions and millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: You know, this reminds me of how much time I got, Michael, depends on how you kept.
Speaker 5: Now we got three minutes, okay, so similar to this. I heard this story twice over the weekend, just coincidentally, from people that work in schools in California. How much food they're wasting at their school. Somebody brought it up, and then another person because during the pandemic, somebody was able to jam through the no, no, no, everybody should get breakfast in lunch. It used to be just like need based, and then somebody decided the crisis now everybody. And so it continued after the pandemic's over, as these programs always do. And these teachers, who I assume are probably lefties, were horrified by how much food they're throwing away every day. They said, like half the kids bring their own lunch, or don't eat lunch or breakfast or show up.
Speaker 3: They don't eat breakfast at home.
Speaker 5: And they make all of these meals for every single kid in the school, breakfast and lunch, and most of them they throw away. And I wanted to say to them, but I didn't want to jump into the story. The spending is the point. It's not about anybody getting any food. It's about spending money. And it's the same with this homeless thing. When will liberals understand the spending is the point, not fixing your causes that you care about.
Speaker 6: You know Steve Williams who wrote this article. You read his mind or vice versa. He writes, every wasted dollar is one that could have gone toward mental health treatment, addiction recovery, job training, new housing construction. Instead, those dollars flowed to brokers, bureaucrats and Blackstones balance sheet. And then then he points out to your point, When the leaders of Torrents rejected the thirty million dollar extended state proposal, they were immediately hammered with accusations being anti homeless, right or or insensitive to the almlessness problem.
Speaker 3: Mean conservatives.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, I assume these teachers can come up with all kinds of places that money ought to be spent, whether it's books or whatever. The hell tutors to make education better, raise your hand and say, hey, we're throwing away food like crazy. This program was designed, probably by the Department of Agriculture, just to get money flowing various places.
Speaker 3: It had nothing to do with feeding anybody. How do you not get this right?
Speaker 6: Invent an emergency, appropriate, appropriate, just wildly excessive amounts of money, and then accuse anybody who calls you on it of being anti child or anti homeless, or Islamophobic or whatever else.
Speaker 5: The first person I heard say this, Norah Rothman, wrote this in the National Review. It's such a great line. The spending is the point. Yes, with all of these things, you get so far off track. If you start thinking about solving a problem, there is no problem.
Speaker 3: The spending is the point. People get this money.
Speaker 6: Place, Stacy Abrams getting one point eight billion dollars or whatever it was for green inner city initiatives.
Speaker 3: My ass was just a handout
Speaker 8: Jack Armstrong, Joe Gatty the Armstrong and Getty Joe