Speaker 1: No cowboys, don't cowboys, No cowbaws, no cowboys, No cowboys, don't cowboys. H h.
Speaker 2: The following he's a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: No cowboys.
Speaker 3: Blowing out of the backfield, next blowing down the sideline.
Speaker 2: He is hanging with the boys, presented by wing Stuff where flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 4: Now, your hosts.
Speaker 2: Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: It's Thursday, and you're looking live God Stuinos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is fifty seven degrees, the high is sixty two. The load to night is forty five. It's a brisk fifty seven. It was a lot colder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got this sexy jacket on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Buffalo's forty one, highest forty three to lowest twenty eight.
Speaker 7: And you got bad layers on. You have a jacket, a hoodie, a button up, a T shirt. You having on the T shirt?
Speaker 5: Nope, sexiness.
Speaker 8: This is a cultural thing, right, Like what's under your T shirt? This is random? What's under your T shirt? Nothing? You just beat a white See black dudes do white beads.
Speaker 7: And I know we're I don't know we're being politically incorrect when we say white beaters. But yeah, but like white dudes either go T shirt or nothing at all, black dudes go black, just going.
Speaker 9: To white sea.
Speaker 8: His T shirt all the way up to the to the.
Speaker 7: He that this is Zaddy Zaddy Kirt Daniels, I am Jesse Holly in the back.
Speaker 8: We got wait a second in the BacT. You got Chris by keeping his live together.
Speaker 7: We make hanging with the boy, the sports talking, cooking, the brow people.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, we speak.
Speaker 5: Each it every day. By wingstyle or flavor gets it.
Speaker 9: Come on, dak baby, throw them quick passes.
Speaker 8: What's the point point?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because mine is because of sweat. It keeps fort and it gets your It gets your pit, it keeps you from pitting as much I have.
Speaker 8: I don't have an answer.
Speaker 9: I don't either, but mark this, I don't have an ass.
Speaker 6: Wow this down first time ever. December four, twenty twenty three. Jesse did not have an answer.
Speaker 8: I don't know why something you've always done, I've always done?
Speaker 5: What about you?
Speaker 8: You have generations?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I switched from that because I got tired of having a shirt on it.
Speaker 9: Then this big white.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the big tall yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I went to v next and come home even if the move is over some time.
Speaker 6: Because if I wear an undershirt under, I can wear this shirt more than once because my body didn't really touch it. My arms did, so I wear it two or three times before I have to wash it. But if I wear that, I'm gonna pit all in it or get theodor on it.
Speaker 8: And you shave your chest? No, no, you go you shave your chest.
Speaker 4: I don't shave.
Speaker 9: I get I ain't gotten.
Speaker 8: You trim your yeah, I do too. Yeah, I'm manscaped.
Speaker 6: You know what if I had, like if I had full full coverage I wear wolfs, I would let it go.
Speaker 8: Really, but I have like king beef hatch here.
Speaker 5: It gets here, gets around my nipples, and it gets around my belly, and then I don't have anything in here, and it just looks weird.
Speaker 9: So going to the doctor and they may give you something.
Speaker 8: Have you got not yet?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Not seriously, we're gonna start finding you were gonna start finding twenty five dollars all having a point.
Speaker 9: You know what we need to do though, talk about it between me.
Speaker 8: You're not gonna be able to find an appointment.
Speaker 9: Everybody go there, get some tape locking down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we're gonna take you to the doctor. I got a doctor.
Speaker 8: Yeah, dnap, I know where your doctor.
Speaker 9: Know the cocks. I'll be like Jesse, y'all know you.
Speaker 6: Hell y'all today? Good good, Yeah, already talks some football. Sure, we're talking Cowboys defense today.
Speaker 10: Yes's offense with the run defense.
Speaker 5: Run defense, lead us off, Kurt.
Speaker 4: No Jonathan Hankins. How you gonna, how you gonna?
Speaker 3: I'm with I'm with I'm with your boy. That is one of my biggest issues. As soon as the last game was over, I said, people, y'all know we have no Jonathan Hankins. And then and this is a bigger loss than vander Esh will ever be. This kid right here, he is a bigger loss because he kept the folks off of all linebackers. Vander Esh, this young young blood from our from Florida and m Marquis uh Clark, he is the one that leads this ship in the middle. And uh we need for Gallimore and the other two guys to step up. I mean, oh, so we need bigger bigger and more plays from you. Now, Uh, Mazzie, I ain't gonna tell you to jump off side, but you gotta find a way to move quicker son, you know.
Speaker 5: So how can you work on that? Is it just repetition?
Speaker 9: It's a mental thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they got this stick another Seriously, they have a stick with a football and move it right. He should spend two hours in practice every day. Don't worry about practicing. Sco over to the side with a ga somebody and we're gonna we're gonna do that hu hut all day long.
Speaker 6: Or when the guys are on the drugs machines for twenty minutes after practice.
Speaker 8: They should do that.
Speaker 5: Is that how you get better?
Speaker 6: Just repetition getting used to the ball? Movie thing is like, because I know you've.
Speaker 7: Been doing this all your life, Like to get off the ball, like it's one thing, Like this is the part where I don't give grace. It's one thing to give grace and saying you know what, he hasn't really he hasn't really equipped hisself yet with past rushing moves or understanding leverage or fully understanding keys to the offensive line and those the learning things. Getting off the ball that's like Jalen Tobert last year when he lined up off on off sides and Kadarius Tony that.
Speaker 8: Is ball one oh one.
Speaker 7: You are the closest man to the football outside of the center. You hear the You hear the like you can actually hear the quarterbacks say, Hutt, you're looking in at the football or at least have a peripheral peripheral ULX have that looking in at the at the football. I don't understand how you're consistently late off the ball like that. That to me, it just doesn't have to Like I got joked about it before, but is there actually And the reason why I say this, back when I was training receivers and tight ends coming out of the college into the NFL, I had a receiver at a tight end went to the second round pick to the Jets, Chase Arimo from Texas Tech, and I worked with I worked with Jason. One thing that I noticed it always seems as if the ball surprised him and like like he would go across the field like the ball would come and he was like he was jumping to catch the football.
Speaker 8: And I'm like, hey, bro, do you wear glasses? Like do you wear glasses.
Speaker 7: He's like, yeah, I got contacts, but I never put him in. I said, it makes sense. Now, you can't see the ball coming, so by the time you by the time your eyes actually pick up and track where the ball is at, it's surprising you. And so there may be something audibly or visually that he just I don't know what it is, but for him to consistently be late off the football, I'm almost to nae point. I'm almost if I'm Dad Quinn, I go, okay, kid, first ones on me. Go just when you think, just just jump up like just I want you to think about getting out of your stands so fast that if you jump off sides, the first one's on me. The first ones I'll take. But just focus on getting off the ball. And then once you get off the ball, just create havoc. Just go in there, guns a blazing and create as much havoc as you possibly can't, because if you get off the ball late, I don't care how strong you are, you're not going to defeat offensive lineman in this league.
Speaker 6: It was noticeable to me the last game, and for me to notice something on the football field, it's got to be a glaring issue, right right, sure, But I mean I noticed I wasn't even looking for it, but everyone else was moving. By the time he came up off the ground. I was like, Okay, that looks a little weird. Just talk about that on the show. So that's that's a it's a big deal if I notice it.
Speaker 7: And the first three players when Hankins went out, they wan roup the gut Philadelphia did first Peop play.
Speaker 8: And so it's on film. Yeah, it's on film.
Speaker 10: Is there anything they can do schematically to kind of fill that gap?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just got a foot on the sideline.
Speaker 10: So it's just a matter of where that player is gonna He has to do his job. There's no other way, Like you know, in no positions you can kind of help out here, there's no way to help.
Speaker 5: What's your option? Other option you don't have? Do you have another?
Speaker 7: You got Nevill Gallimore, you got the car Carl Davis.
Speaker 3: Yes, but he's more of a penetrator, reading on the run, penetrating getting across.
Speaker 9: His thing is opposite of the Mars. He is quick off the rock.
Speaker 4: You know, he's not as strong as the case.
Speaker 3: Never got him to show up, man, he has he what's all these guys.
Speaker 5: What's happened to Devil?
Speaker 9: It's just.
Speaker 3: They're trying to work in a young guy and Ozzie and uh and then Hankins just took over Osa shooting Osa and Hanks just took over.
Speaker 10: It dont seemed like he was breaking out and then he heard his YO. I don't know if he's ever quite in the same come back.
Speaker 6: All right, let's talk about your guy, Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: You know I was telling jesh Man, I'm telling Hurt.
Speaker 9: I'm like, I hate this guy. I hate him and I love him. I just don't know what to do with him.
Speaker 3: You know. It's just like a bad boyfriend or girlfriend or something. You know, you love him to death for what they do for you sometime, and you hate when they stray off on.
Speaker 5: What do you what? What?
Speaker 8: What do you think?
Speaker 11: Is?
Speaker 6: Because Kurt's favorite website, PFF has alan ranks second a month, quarterback, second and passing touchdowns, and seventh in yards, three four and forty seven, also has the most interceptions.
Speaker 9: That is the key.
Speaker 3: This guy will This guy will throw two interceptions in the first quarter and then spend the rest of the game making it up. So what causes that is I don't know, Jess, you looked at it sharp enough to know.
Speaker 9: I just think he's so confident in his own he thinks he can make.
Speaker 7: Every throws, you know the way I because sometimes I watch film, I try to say, Okay, Jess, what what catchy phrase can you put together?
Speaker 8: The color?
Speaker 7: Because I do a pregame show, I do a postgame show. I do these shows. So you try to always find something that kind of gives a good analogy and the analogy that I came up with yourself.
Speaker 8: No, this is.
Speaker 5: Sometimes he's come out sideways.
Speaker 8: No, because this is my hope.
Speaker 7: Not but but Josh Allen is a person who owns a bazooka but has bad gun safety, Like he just doesn't follow the gun rules right like he he he points it at you when he's not supported, and so he has an arm cannon. He has bad gun rules.
Speaker 5: Arguably the strongest arm in the league.
Speaker 7: Hands down, him and em and Patrick Mahomes probably have the two strongest arms in the league.
Speaker 8: Yes. Yes, The problem with Josh Allen is.
Speaker 7: When you hurry him, when you make Josh Allen kind of have happy feet, right when if he if he can stand in the pocket like he has all the intentnables, big strong arms. He'll look you off, you know, he'll see he can make every single throw. It's when Josh Allen gets sped up and you see, you see him kind of like he's moving. He he's like pump faking, he's doing all that kind of stuff. Because what happens is a guy will flash in the color of his uniform and in his mind he goes, I got it. I got a bozukah right, I got a bazooka. But he ain't worried about civilians. He just gonna shoot this bozuka and I see my guy down there.
Speaker 8: The hell with the civilians. I'm letting it go.
Speaker 7: And sometimes the collateral damage is the ball gets intercepted.
Speaker 5: Does he think that he can every throw, make the throw everything?
Speaker 6: He thinks that his receivers are good enough to go make the play both.
Speaker 7: He thinks that my arm and this is the arrogance of this is the arrogance of his greatness.
Speaker 8: Aaron Rodgers had this, Brett Favre.
Speaker 5: Had this, as we're speaking of, and he's on network.
Speaker 7: Patrick Mahomes, he has this right, and they believe that my arm is so talented because Brett Farvar is the worst. Right, Brett Farbill throw you win a game and at them and throw you out of the game, right, He'll have Brett Farkin had three hundred and fifty yards, three touchdowns, four interceptions.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you don't know what side of the ledger go.
Speaker 7: It's great games, terrible game. You know, at the end of the day, you hope they win. But that's the thing about Josh Allen. He has this this this arm cannon and in the back of his mind, I can make every throw and I can fit it in there.
Speaker 8: I can, I can, I can, I can.
Speaker 7: I can put the the the I can eye the needle right, I can get that thread through there and really deliver the football. And you know what ends up happening is is that sometimes he's right and sometimes he's wrong. But the part that Nate's talking about is, while you hate a quarterback like this, no play is ever over none. So when you think you know normal principles for dB or linebacker or safety is all right, cool. We covered the initial one, two, three, you know, once two, three, under three for five, like the drop backs right one to three, Oh, we cover them under three for five.
Speaker 8: Oh, we covered it.
Speaker 7: You gotta cover three more seconds, four more seconds, because he's you're not just bringing them down by by by one guy a lot of times right, even in the grasp of a de tackle or defensive end, he still thinks I can make the throw even while he's in Like I said, he's in the pocket. And this is where he gets in trouble is because he'll get in the pocket and he'll get the scrambling and all of a sudden he'll lock in on the guy and his eyes will say like, here's where here we go like, and he'll try to he'll try to fire one in there and not realizing that there were other guys who were watching where your eyes were at and they intercept the football and so but you don't play you don't play proper containment. He'll take off and run. And he's not the type of quarterback if you think you hit him one time and he's gonna freeze up. No, No, he's not. He's tougher than your toughest quarterback. He's as athletic as any of your other He's as athletic as Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 5: He's six five, two thirty seven.
Speaker 8: He's bigger than most of your DBS.
Speaker 5: Dak is six two two thirty eight.
Speaker 7: So he'll hurdle you, he'll jump over you, he'll he'll do whatever it is, whatever it takes to to to to make a play. And that's the thing, Like the play is never over with him, even when it should be. Even when it should be, Josh, just just throw it out of bounce, just let it just let's live to see another day. In his mind, I can I can fade out of bound like he did in a game and try to throw it like curve the bullet and throw it around the player. Like the play is never over with Josh Allen.
Speaker 6: So, just like Cowboys fans up until probably the last seven games of this season, Dak drives Cowboy fans crazy for various reasons.
Speaker 5: Josh Allen is probably driving the Bills fan base crazy for different reasons.
Speaker 8: If you're a Bills fan, you probably go through.
Speaker 5: Love hate.
Speaker 7: You know this is you go through this series. You go through this series at least twelve to fourteen times a game.
Speaker 8: You go no, no no no oh no no no.
Speaker 7: Okay, good play, good play, Yeah, like you go. You go through the roller coaster of emotions. Sometimes with Josh Allen because you'll go like, oh.
Speaker 5: He's caught.
Speaker 8: Oh no, he's not.
Speaker 7: Okay, go go go no, no, no, no, go touchdown Like that's that's the energy that you have to deal with with Josh Allen because you think he's caught, then he's not. You see him scramble and all of a sudden, now late down the field, here comes Gave Davis, Here comes Dalton Kincaid, Here comes Stefan Diggs, Here comes Shakir. I mean, oh, and by the way, once we lift everyone down the field, oh, we're gonna just drop the ball off to Dalvin's little brother, James Cook and now he gets it. They they they they throw to him purposefully to the running backs like this is this is an offense. By the way, even when watching this game, the games, you kind of you can't even go too far back because if you remember, they fired Ken Dorsey, They fired Ken Dorsey and they elevated Joe Brady. Joe Brady LSU you know, cup kid, he talking about you. He was the offensive coordinator at LSU win the Rise of Joe Burrow. Then he came to the league and he's been working in the league and now he's the offense coordinator. From there, you're gonna see a ton of pre snap motion, right, and those one of the things that's kind of hurt the Cowboys when you think.
Speaker 8: When you think pre snap, think San Francisco.
Speaker 7: A lot of motions you can you can, you can bet your bottom dollar that there's going to be a heavy amount of motion.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: You're gonna get the three receiver sets. They got Knox and Dalton Kincaid, right, two tight ends, so they're going to they stress shoes so much is because Gabe Davis is a weapon. We are We already know what Stefan Diggs is, the speed of chakor the ability of James cooked out of the backfield. And then you have Dalton Knox, you swim. You have a Dalton Kinkaid and Knox the two tight ends, so he has a ton of weapons to throw to and they have a decent a decent offensive line. This is a good football team. The seven is they're they're their roster. The playmakers they have are not indicative of the seven and six record. They're a better football team than seven and six.
Speaker 5: All right, let's take our first break.
Speaker 6: By the way, PFF has a Pro Football Reference has Dak's nickname is the Fortress.
Speaker 5: Have you ever heard that the Fortress heard what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: Sometimes sometimes your people get a hold of stuff and they just ruin it.
Speaker 4: Your people people, give.
Speaker 5: Your people all right, We'll let me talk when we come back. On the second segment, I hang with the Boys.
Speaker 12: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties, Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 8: Grab some today.
Speaker 13: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas. Tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 14: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog really care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat geeg not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the seat Geek. After they seed Geek, you'r a ticket. They're great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 15: How's wing stop sound christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range, and of course spicy casu fried corse. I think you've heard enough, get your flavor delivered at wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 8: Back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the second segment of.
Speaker 9: The same old show.
Speaker 8: What's his name?
Speaker 7: Casey Casey, Casey Casey. If you can hear us out there, you can go back and you can watch our show. Right, you can go back and come stand by the Come stand by the window. Come stand by the window. So now later on you can go back and watch our show. Which camera can we see him out of? If Kurt talks, Kurt.
Speaker 5: Way just a little bit your left there, you go.
Speaker 8: All right, So if you go back, you just covered him up. You cover them.
Speaker 7: So now if you go home and you watch Hanging with the Boys, you'll find this moment where we're talking to you live on air and they can see you in the camera. So you can cut this out and show all the kids at school, all the kids on the block and be like, yo, they showed me love down there at the Cowboys and on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 8: All right, Marry Christmas, big guy.
Speaker 5: They s coming to visit man, all right.
Speaker 6: The second Technic brought to each and every day by Blockchain Chain. Thank you blockchain dot com. And before we move on, you mentioned offensive line, Nate, what are you seeing out of the offensive line or our defensive guy is gonna have their hands full.
Speaker 9: Of Oh yeah, these guys can run and they prefer to maul you. I don't know.
Speaker 3: If if that quarterback will hand the ball off enough to make it to make a difference, but they can run the ball.
Speaker 9: They can get ugly. I like the kid Cooks that you talk.
Speaker 3: About James, but he don't run tough enough for me. Now, he got a four point eight yard average, but and I guess he does it the way he does it. But Murray is his backup. If he just could run a little tougher, you know, a little bit harder, and he has a tendency and the biggest of moments to drop ball.
Speaker 9: In the big they.
Speaker 3: Will put him in a great I saw one game in Philadelphia where he beat a dude on a wheel route. I mean, this kid dropped the ball on him and he dropped it. And I saw him another time coming out of the backfield and I'm like, come on, Cooks, these are players that can make you.
Speaker 9: A difference maker.
Speaker 3: And I think a lot of times guys just don't understand. Maybe he wanted to take off too soon or whatever. Man, get that ball in your hands. He's got talent, but I don't know how physical he is.
Speaker 8: You know, he's not.
Speaker 7: The physical back out of the two. You know, if you guys remember Latavious Murray, they called him the L Train. I spent a lot of time in UH and UH in Oakland when they were when they were the Oakland Raiders. He's the bigger of the two backs, so he's more he's more used as a guy to to to kind of display the physicality. Now he's a little bit longer in the tooth, right, he's an older guy, like no.
Speaker 8: Has been around.
Speaker 7: He's been around for a while, like he's thirty.
Speaker 8: In the Viking as well.
Speaker 7: And yeah, he's thirty three years old. So they use him sparingly, right. But the thing that about James Cook is what they do with him is yes, he'll run up in between the tackles, will run outside, but it's the it's the purposefulness that they'll use him in the passing game. You'll see him run some what they call Texans routes or choice routes out of the backfield. You'll see him run the screens. You'll see him run a scene he going to touchdown against the Chiefs right up the scene, right right up, I mean wide open. He was butt naked, wide open up the scene. You see him run rail routes up the sideline. So they use him in a way to you know, to to to to create mismatches. They do a really good job. And again under under Joe Brady, it's different. It's a different offense under Joe Brady than it is than it was under Ken Dorsey. And and you see a lot of it looks it looks ninerish. It looks a little bit it looks a little bit ninerish, the pre snaps, the setups. I think Josh Allen has more available options the way the players are being called now than he did when Ken Dorsey was calling the place.
Speaker 10: James Cook is fifth in running back receiving yards. Yeah, so that's pretty dangerous to get out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but this is if there's an area for the Cowboys defense where I'm like, cool, Glad we got this guy on our football team.
Speaker 8: It's Marquise Bell.
Speaker 7: It's having a linebacker now that can cover a guy like James Cook. You know, it's different than having LV you know, LVE or some other linebacker who is a traditional linebacker is kind of more so in the box. And and don't have to cover up the sideline. And again because you you may, you may get out there and cover him initially, right and you go, all right, cool, I'm done, And then all of a sudden, joh Alan brakes containment and you go, oh snap, I gotta cover him for fifteen more yards. And if you, if you, if you take a breath of let down, Josh Allen can make that throw. There isn't a throw that he can't make. I mean, you watch games. He's throwing underguy's arms, he's he's in the grasp of players throwing it.
Speaker 8: And you know, the.
Speaker 7: Off platform throws are part of just who he is and his his genetic makeup.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think he brought it up before a while back. I think Josh Allen's got a little revenge on his mind.
Speaker 6: You're referring to the Trayvon Diggs to eat about Stefan needed to get out of Buffalo.
Speaker 7: If Josh Allen is any it has any competitive nature in him, and I believe that he has at least a little bit of him. But I believe he has a whole lot of them that bothered him, that bothered him.
Speaker 8: He has that he was those tweets printed out.
Speaker 7: He has those tweets saved in his phone, maybe hanging up in his locker.
Speaker 5: Don't you wish Trayvon was playing this week?
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 8: It'd be so, I do.
Speaker 7: I do, But I do like in the in the in the in the land of petty that we live in today, like just as a universe, I could not. I could not think that Josh Allen does not have that in the forefront of oh oh. So this is what Trayvon thinks. Trayvon thinks that his brother is better off without me not being here, that his brother made me like, I just feel like you know that that is that is fueled. But there's also someone said the tweet the other day. It was when Buffalo beat the Cowboys a couple of years ago. It was those guys on the sideline mimicking decks, you know, his his warm up. So there is some competitive juices in here, some pettiness in here, and I think but to answer your question, your question, Kurt, one hundred percent, I do think.
Speaker 16: That Josh Allen will have that. Let me tell y'all, in his mind tell us talk to us. We all love us, Diggs, we love your daddy's son. We met Trayvon as you called him, boy Josh Allen on Big Brother Running Route.
Speaker 3: I promise you gonna eat him live. This kid, I hate him.
Speaker 5: I hate him Josh or.
Speaker 3: Josh Allen because Trayvon not human. Stephan did bring him up right with the quarterback coach that's this kid is missing that, and I'm glad he's missing that.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what Joe gonna do with him. I don't know what coach Brady gonna do with it. I don't know if he can connect with him. But if this guy stopped throwing interceptions and become aware not running too like I heard Brian talk about it, because I kept he's got his priorities mixed up, and Brian broke it down broad and said he runs too soon. He's always looking to run too soon instead of sometimes taking that second read slowing his feet down like you say, Jesse, he quit sometimes you know, slow down read, you know, and I don't want to and they say, like I'm with this kid, I am.
Speaker 9: This league lacks.
Speaker 3: Great quarterbacks, and he was on the trajectory. But now he's helped the skelter. I hope he hope he helped the skelter at three o'clock or four o'clock.
Speaker 9: You know, Sunday. But if he's not well, we were in for a fight.
Speaker 7: If he if he decides to be patient, like, that's what he gets. He gets in trouble when when when those feet get the moving and and he's he's kind of he's turned into an athlete instead of a quarterback, because he can be a quarterback who's athletic.
Speaker 8: But when he turned.
Speaker 7: Into a an athlete who can throw, that's when he gets in trouble, like and like, and that's the that's the juckleing hogh of who Josh Allen is is when he when he when he stands tall in that pocket and he's calm.
Speaker 6: So is the key to get pressure on him and get and get to him early and chirup at him.
Speaker 7: A bit yes and no no because here, because here's the thing. In order to get pressure means you gotta spend some man. The man covers in the back end. And so if you're gonna send pressure, you damn sure better get there. Don't miss, because again they have weapons Stefan Diggs is probably is in the conversation. For me, this is Jesse Holly for me as one of the top five route runners in the league.
Speaker 8: Right, he could run routes.
Speaker 7: And he's gonna and he is going to like he wants bragging rights for Little Bro too, like you know little Bron not playing, he wants to brag and right, he wants to let Little Bron.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 7: And if you were here, you would have got this too, Like I'm gonna do. I'm gonna do to them what was what was supposed to be done to you? So cool, so Gilly or or or or Bland, I'm gonna do to them what I should what you would have gotten Little Bro.
Speaker 8: Again.
Speaker 7: Khalil Shakur Shaki, I'm all. I've been a fan of Gave Davis for a while. Big target, you know, it makes big plays and then the tight ends. He has two really good tight ends that that you have to always keep keep an eye on.
Speaker 8: But if if you get there, you got you get there.
Speaker 7: Right and and and you you kind of rattle them a little bit, but you got to get home. You gotta get home because if you miss he gone, he gone, and and you know, you can look up and he'll he'll have thirty forty yards rushing from scrambles. So it's when you it's it's timely, It's be timely. If you watch the Kansas City game, Kansas City, they threw some timely blitzes at him, right, mix it up a little bit and when you blitz him, I think, if you're going to blitz him, blitz him more with skill guys, because you have to match the athleticism.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: So if I'm gonna blitz him'm gonna blitz him with Donovan Wilson, don't miss. I'm blitzing with jy Ron Cursed. I'm blitzing with Jordan Lewis off the edge. I want to blitzing where when he puts his foot in the ground or when he decides to do a little shimmy, that I can have a guy that matches the shimmy in with him, because if I blitz Clark, then that might get a little shaky, you know, if I blitz.
Speaker 9: I don't know about with jayvon Louis.
Speaker 3: The reason I say that because he is so strong that everything.
Speaker 7: Yes, But I'm just saying being able to match athleticism with athleticism, because if you send a big old stiff good luck could be bad.
Speaker 6: All right, let's take our last break. When we come back. More Cowboys bills.
Speaker 9: That was brought to you about block chain.
Speaker 5: On honging honking.
Speaker 4: Right back.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 8: The press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped left. He'll look perch down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 12: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: How's wing stop sound?
Speaker 15: Crispy juicy, classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauce it better?
Speaker 8: Is it a lot? I feel like this. It's a little better.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you after the show. I did not punch anybody.
Speaker 6: We are hanging with the boys and each and every third segment is brought to you by Jigsaw, the official Jigs partner of the Dallas Cowball My partner, all Right, Malik Hook battling that ankle injury, didn't practice yesterday, limited today?
Speaker 5: How much does that concern you guys if he's out against this team?
Speaker 3: What what is that guy's name? Yeah, we got him, We got we got guys.
Speaker 9: Good feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not gonna say we're good. I'll ad just go a little bit more. But we have enough safeties, I think too.
Speaker 5: We got some depth this year.
Speaker 6: We got at every at every position right like you can you can absorb one, one or two of these as to where past years it's like, oh.
Speaker 3: This late in this season. It's good to have that depth. But I always try to caution people. Caution people, is the depth and talent ain't always the same, or the knowledge ain't always the same. So where coach Quinn has been perfect is he's been able to put guys in uh profitable situations where they can succeed. So you know, you don't want too many more bombed up ankles and you know, sprain hot sprains, like what's happening to the Hankins because we've finish find out fellas. Yeah, because like Jesse said, as soon as he went out, Mozzie got tested, and we would they would, you know, Gallamore will get tested, Mozzie will get tested. Those are the two guys you're depending on.
Speaker 7: So and anytime you have them start to go out, yes, now happens. You know, stress if he was playing sixty seventy percent of the reps, now that backup was used to playing thirty or forty percent of the reps. Now their workload doubles, right, and it's it's there's there's two sides to every story because the work lord could double and he can make double the plays, or the workload can double, and now there's more aerrors for him to make a mistake. And then once then now the guy who was backing up the backup moves to the backup and when he comes in, what can I do now?
Speaker 6: Because when he comes in for that thirty percent that he was getting a zero percent zero percent.
Speaker 7: And then now I'm so because the guy who's a third, who was third on the depth chart, who now moved up to second, he ain't getting that many He has not been getting that many reps in practice. So as a call as a play caller, especially in the trenches, does the guy now, when he's getting those thirty to forty percent reps?
Speaker 8: Can I make the same calls? Right?
Speaker 7: Can I make the same calls while he's in the game? And if I do, can he in those moments have success in the players that I called because he's not used to running these plays. He's not used to doing these things or playing this many snaps whoever it may be. So when you have to go to a backup, that's all the things that come into plays. Is this person or player ready to go out there and do what we need to do and being in the trenches at times you go the wrong way, it's a gaping hole and now that can be a big play. It's it's always those things when you go back and look at you go three or four players in that game, and that's where they come.
Speaker 3: From, and that that that mental that's that mental part where the smarter coaches are kind of leaning on the older vets, you know, at those at that third and fourth position, and always a young guy, somebody you drafted, a free agent, because as the season go on and you lose a player like Jesse saying, everybody elevates their time because that mental part, like you said, that mental part becomes so big too. Maybe that third guy sitting on your practice squad who I haven't been elevated all years. Hey, Shannon, we need you now because we need your mental part of the game, because we know you're gonna know where the lineup. Whereas a young guy, he'd be like, I'm excited, I'm gonna hit somebody, but you may hit the wrong guy.
Speaker 6: So when it comes to that, Jesse, that's a good point. You're the reps and can I make this play call? When it comes comes to those decisions as far as like making those calls, is that your position coach communicating with the decordinator and going or is that the decordinator making that call by himself.
Speaker 7: And our situation, it's it's a decordinator. And I say that because if we're talking specifically about the front, where have we always seen Dan Quinn when he's when he's not being a defensive coordinator, he worked with the D line. He down in the trenches, so he know like that that's his specialty. So he understands and knows who can do what, how much they can take on.
Speaker 8: You know, so it depends on.
Speaker 6: How how informed or how much knowledge your de coordinator has of your position.
Speaker 3: Right here, this is what makes dan Quinn unique. Coaching Belichick, coach Tomlin is their side of the football. They know because they almost they go out and work players out. And and if coach Harris can't come up to dan Quinn and say, hey, I want Shannon or I want Jesse, this is why I want Jesse and this is why I want Shannon. If you can't do that, Coach Quinn don't want you. He want to know what you can do and what he can possibly add to you. If you if you guessing on what a guy could do this late in the season, he ain't never coming off that practice squad.
Speaker 9: He's already designated for next year.
Speaker 3: They know what each one of these guys got an idea which one of these with each and every one of these guys can do. And talking to coach Quinn, I mean every time I talk to him, he's just like, Hey, I like this guy. They be looking for him. And next thing you know, somehow an injury by bah he's there and he's playing. So and that's another thing that sold him with the ownership. Is when he first got here, he told the ownership this is I got a plan for every one of your guys. That impressed him because a lot of coaches will tell you they got a plan.
Speaker 9: But when training camp start.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought you say that. Yeah, but he was good at breaking down talent. I mean that's a unique thing. A lot of coaches can't really break down talent and see them in what they who they can possibly be. And and more importantly, a lot of these guys have turned out just like he'd be predicted.
Speaker 4: Does anything about this Bill's offensive line?
Speaker 3: Worry about mallers man, if they if they get going, and just I asked you this, if they get going in the office according to Joe Brady and say hey, that's you know, let's you know, let's run this rock. We'll we'll the quarterback stick with it. We say, okay, we're gonna run, but I'm.
Speaker 9: Gonna do most of the running.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: I would say that the left side of that line with the kid named Dawkins, one of our guys.
Speaker 8: McGovern yes that he was there till I saw the roster.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that left side of the line is is kind of there. If there's a side that the strength, it's that side.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So yeah so and Dion, when I say this, please don't go well, he's not.
Speaker 8: He's the he reminds me.
Speaker 7: He reminds me the physicalness, the attitude, the the violence. He reminds me of seventy one in San Francisco, Trent Right, he has that, he has that physical ability ability.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like he like he he he wants to. He wants to who's that? Who's this Dawkins, Dion Dawkins.
Speaker 3: He he he he wants Yeah, he.
Speaker 7: Wanted to get into a fight, like a real fight, Like he wants to fight in the sense of whatever you want to do now, going up against the talent like Michael Parsons. One of the things that helped what what you know what helped the guy like Tyron Smith early in his career, battling DeMarcus Ware every single day in practice? You know what helps a guy like Dion Dawkins. That prepares them for people like Michael Parsons. While Michael Parsons is a unique individual, Von Miller, Von Miller, Leonard Floyd right, going up against premier pass rushers day in and day out, that you can go into him. You know, von Miller puts on that passing past rushing clinic, right, so he knows all of the tricks to the trade. So to be able to walk across the locker room and go, hey, dog, I'm playing Michael Parson this week.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, so can we get some work?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Like if Ars is like to do this, he's like, okay, yeah.
Speaker 7: So can can we work on that? And he can kind of go, you know, Leonard Floyd, can you can you hey, can you show me this?
Speaker 5: They can emulate those guys, yeah.
Speaker 8: And so he gives them an opportunity to get some work in practice.
Speaker 3: Leon I'm playing against this guy. And Charles, I'm playing against this guy.
Speaker 9: You need some work? Okay, I'll like, you know what, man, I'll wait to the game.
Speaker 7: So, but that left side is their strong side of the line. And if they're going to run the football, and that's gonna be Michaeh Like Micah is gonna have to he's gonna have to commit himself to saying if they're gonna run this way, that I have to be a run stopper first, and then that will give me an opportunity or the privilege, as Dan Quinn says, to pass rushing.
Speaker 3: And I agree one hundred there, brother, because it's gonna come a point. He It's no doubt Parsons is an elite past rushing. But I wish somebody can get to him and say, bro, if you ever get that run stopping ability, how can you be stopped? If he ever learns, I mean, now, he don't have to because he's gonna make.
Speaker 8: Me about get ready to be the highest paid.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be hard to tell a dude who got the biggest contract but.
Speaker 3: Me who will played against uh top real what I call complete players. They they did it equal and they were good at it, and they made plays in the run to change games, and they made plays in the past. And if Michael, and as much as we love him exactly, but what what if Michael start hitting you in the backfield on some runs. What would the offensive coordinator think? Then now you cut down that side of the field. I remember when coach and Andrew was here. He used to be so fearful. You know, it is a man of Christ, a man of God. He feared man over the He was like, we can't run that play over there. We ain't when you get like that, you can now you can stack you outside of your defense and like what you're gonna do. It's like them you know the world. What do you say the ocean covers two thirds of the world. Yeah, I mean, come on, man, good stuff.
Speaker 4: Else?
Speaker 5: Oh interesting, staff, Thank you, Kirk.
Speaker 6: Cowboys are twenty second and d zone defense at fifty eight point eight percent, and Buffalo has the second rated offense.
Speaker 5: In the red zone at sixty six point seven.
Speaker 8: So tight end and Davis telling you keep them.
Speaker 5: Keep them out of the twenties, keep them out of the twenties. Could be trouble.
Speaker 9: All right, fellas, good game.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow, be fun phone Friday. Let's take some calls, let's get some predictions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why wouldn't we because I'm thinking, if it's about the fans, we're really gonna be about the fans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, right off the car. Are you going to be hurt?
Speaker 12: Kurt?
Speaker 5: Don't even send a rundown tomorrow. Just do calls, because if you do a rundown and we'll try to get it, I might.
Speaker 8: Not be here tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Come on, man, where are you going? Come on, bro, we talk after the show.
Speaker 5: This good stuff. Ella Kurt, good seeing Jesse. Good seeing you, Nate, thanks for being here, going to the doctor.
Speaker 8: I want tomorrow.
Speaker 5: By tomorrow, I can promise you that.
Speaker 6: Chris, thanks to keep us on the air. Yes, thanks for keeping Chris company. Josh, thank you for keeping us up on the socials. We will be back tomorrow with prediction and phone calls.
Speaker 5: On all phone calls.
Speaker 9: Jes won't be here.
Speaker 8: You can talk tomorrow, Collus, you can't.
Speaker 5: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.