Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's me Matt Rodgers, letting you know. Tickets are on sale now to see me on tour, the Prince of Christmas Tour, that is, I'm doing my whole album have you heard of Christmas? Plus a lot more with the whole band all throughout the December. Go to www dot Matt Rodgers official dot com. See me in a city near you and now lost Coach drums, look mare, oh I see you and look over there is that culture. Yes, is Lost Culture ding dong Lost Cultures calling and they call every week without fail.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about that. Do you know we're up maybe the only podcast left that doesn't do seasons. Oh maybe that's going out at the window too.
Speaker 1: You know, well we're form breakers. Yes, so the podcast has we're seeing critical acclaim. Now are they giving us an award for breaking ground and podcasting?
Speaker 2: Bow?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, us and esther a stair Parrell. I better learn how to say that before I meet her.
Speaker 2: I'm my god, you know what a fun Colleen costume would have been? What fred as stare Parrel. That's really good, bo, that would have been really fun. Oh my god, you and a stair Parrel. I unfortunately cannot make this ceremony. Yeah, but the Signal Awards, the Signal Awards were so honored, so thankful. You get to meet a stair Parol which is going to be huge, and I think you too will hit it off.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling we're gonna connect. By the way, I know it's a stare Parrel. It just came out like esther perel, which sometimes is gonna happen. When you have a name like that, has anyone ever come up to you and gone like bow when.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had people fully go bowing and I'm like bowing, Hello, Hello, and they know that these are people who know how my name is pronounced. And you know, something goes off in the synapses and they fire a little bit incorrectly.
Speaker 1: Synapses fire incorrectly at times. That's actually we're at the culture at number six as far incorrectly at times. Wait, do you know what's funny is if you really think about this, bo yes, And notice I say bo and not bowen, Because the point I'm gonna make is about how we often we'll call each other a name that is not our god given name, right, And I've never once said to you boo you can. I've never made a bow bow joke to you, like, even though bow is such an integral part of your first name, I've never made like a bow wow wow joke to.
Speaker 2: You ever, Bo b A. I remember there was an era like early on in our friendship where I was calling you Mimi, yes, Bobo and me me we title Bobo and me me, oh, very Mariah of you.
Speaker 1: It didn't stand on test the time. Why don't you think?
Speaker 2: I think it's making its grand return today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So right before we started, Bowen asked me if I was annoyed with him because we could have been tactile today, but Bowen wants to have our own days.
Speaker 2: By the way, just her context, We're going to get tactile the next two days on the calendar, and we'll talk about why. We'll talk about why.
Speaker 1: And we've been so tactile lately, and I want you to know. You said, are you annoyed with me? And I literally really thought about it, and I said seven percent, just because I wish you had told me.
Speaker 2: That we that this was happening, that we could have been tactile.
Speaker 1: But you have your ways and seven percent is nothing my ways. I'm not your ways.
Speaker 2: I just mean, like, no, I'm annoyed it with you at fifteen percent. Oh not double digits.
Speaker 1: I just mean sometimes, like I know you want to have your own time and I respect it deeply.
Speaker 2: What is going on are you? I mean maybe it's just the world and the news. I have been on my report cards for sleep in my mind. Oh my fail fail fail fail fail fail fail worse than usual. Matt Rogers. I when I last night at the Hollowekend, got home at like four, went to bed at four thirty, woke up at seven thirty, couldn't go back to sleep, went crazy. Finally at eleven thirty, managed to like go back to sleep for like an hour and a half before recording this. I don't know something. I'm just like anyway, this is what it's about. Like I just like took everything else off the calendar except for this.
Speaker 1: No, I'm can I tell you something. I'm zero percent and I want you to know that right now.
Speaker 2: I am zero. Oh no, no, that's zero. That's not why.
Speaker 1: But as a result of hearing you say that you're not sleeping, which that so I just want you to know zero percent, Queen. I want you to have all the moments of rest. Do you think it's Halloween looming?
Speaker 2: I think it's Halloween looming. I think it's many things looming. Oh girl, we don't have to really talk about it, but I think.
Speaker 1: We probably should. If this is gonna be a lost culture racist, I think we need to talk about what's happening in culture, which is unfort the.
Speaker 2: Election, unforced the election. Maybe that's the title of that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's Bobo and mem Yeah, because that's really what this podcast is all about. And it's received Critical Acclaimant awards.
Speaker 2: It's received critical acclaim in awards. I have seen you earlier. I got tacked to with you earlier this week, and I really, I really appreciate you as a friend and love you an artist. I love you so dearly. Matt Rogers, Oh my god, we need to start by talking about the one, the only, Elizabeth Finchy. Finch.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy that you said that, because I fear I may have forgotten. And this is the really the this is the top news story of the week. Unfortunate the election is on the list. This is the number one new story week. Elizabeth R. Finch Finchy to her friends Finchy to her enemies.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Yeah, Finchy to her coworkers who put on a good front on this documentary by saying we were so concerned for FINCHI you know, these other writers on Grays fucking hated her ass.
Speaker 1: So Bowen watched the entirety of the documentary on Peacock about Elizabeth our French Gray's anatomy writer slash liar about cancer.
Speaker 2: Anatomy of Lies.
Speaker 1: Set the scene, tell us what we can expect to see when we click play.
Speaker 2: So this is I think one of the first Vanity Fair Studios productions. Shout out the shout out, welcome to the the unscripted space. Let's go, baby, let's go. We love the magazine welcome to television.
Speaker 1: Every time I read that magazine, I'm like, I just wish I could watch this period. And now Vanity Fair is on television. You can watch it.
Speaker 2: On Peacock Our Sister.
Speaker 1: I can't. I'll get to emotional if I start talking about my I start my sister.
Speaker 2: Peacock. Yeah, LCCA winners, Cult winners, basically, I mean, there's just it's such a sprawling, truly web of lies has never been so appropriate, you know, I always roll my eyes at that term. Oh web of lies l L. Who are these people? Spiders?
Speaker 1: No, this is her.
Speaker 2: She spawns Elizabeth, She spawns the web, She spins the yarn, and she is someone who grew up in New Jersey, had aspirations of being in showbiz, went to college. I think apparently she went to college in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: She's just like all of you, basically, is what we're saying.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just like get a little bit granular to start and then we'll go from there. So she allegedly went to college. They don't really talk about. They kind of glossed over this chapter in her life. She went to college in the Pittsburgh area, where she was a frequenter of the Tree of Life Synagogue. Sure, and then she went on to the grad program at USC for screenwriting. And then she would proceed to work on shows such as True Blood and Vampire Diaries, where she made close friendships in very deep traumatic She had traumatic experiences on the set of Vampire Diaries at the hands of a director. This woman then went on to write for Grey's Anatomy as she was hiding quote unquote a cancer diagnosis, but was kind of hired for that reason because she kept getting pieces on. I guess it was Vanity Fair or was just other magazines where in publications and trades where she was writing about how she was battling cancer and how Friday night lights and people saying state was such a rallying cry for her, she.
Speaker 1: Was publicly sick and writing brave stories. Publicly sick and writing brave stories also might be title of app. I think that's the excellent publicly sick and what writing brave stories.
Speaker 2: Basically, all of this is a huge lie. There's a huge grip of hugely and then the documentary kind of follows her as she checks into a institution in Arizona where she meets this woman named Jen, who is escaping an abusive husband who is kind of put her kid's custody at stake, and Finchy kind of prays on this in her narcissistic tendency praise on Jen and takes advantage of her and kind of mothers the children when she has an aversion to children. To everyone else, the layers on this are crazy. I need you to reveal the funniest detail of this entire thing to you, and the way that I prefaced it to you. I said, Matt, we have to watch this documentary series because there's one detail in this that is the most Matt Rogers codd thing I can I couldn't even dream of saying.
Speaker 1: And now I say, do we reveal it here? I think we have to. We we are going to spoil, we are gonna split, We're gonna say spoiler alert. She at one point claims to need a kidney transplant, and she tells everyone that she's getting a kidney from her dear friend Anna Paquin. She tells everyone, I need I guess like word gets around because she tells maybe someone at work she's getting a kidney transplant, and it's from Anna Paquin. They are dear friends from their time together at True Blood.
Speaker 2: This woman, this celebrated actress Oscar winning Oscar, it was euphick Oscar winning Anna pack went the piano Shookie Stackhouse herself allowing a kidney transplant.
Speaker 1: And mind you, this obviously did not happen, and who knows if they are even friends. But the thing is like it was one of those moments when it came, when it happened on screen, after you had said I could never have even guessed that that would have been what it was, but you are correct. It was a euphoric Adele dezime esque moment.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Hyptoria. I felt it in my chest. I felt a pop of joy when I realized she had told everyone that she was getting a kidney from her dear friend Anna Paquin. That really, honestly, we needed that, We needed that win, and we got that win.
Speaker 2: This is a Dele Diseine level adult Dezine famously the number one.
Speaker 1: There might have to be a new List moment of culture.
Speaker 2: They might have to be a new list interesting five hundred. We're we're getting closed.
Speaker 1: We are getting ever closer. And maybe it's the top five hundred greatest moments in culture again.
Speaker 2: And are we setting up a cycle that six hundred will be the six hundred greatest songs of the Great Global Songbook again.
Speaker 1: Or I don't know. See the thing is like, as we rack up even more episodes of this critically acclaimed podcast, which has never been academic bigger in its life, I have to tell you this Lost Coach is Wow. It's everywhere. If you are if you are on reels, you're watching Lost Coach.
Speaker 2: Pon me. You're watching the backwash of TikTok and you're washing you're watching lost culture reels period. I mean, we were so so so fastidious on Marie's behalf about getting the lighting right for let's talk about it, let's should be unpacked.
Speaker 1: Of course, absolutely, but are we Are we done with what was even the name of the fintry documentary Anatomy of Lies, Anatomy of Lies, Anatomy of Lies? Yes, because honestly it is huge culture and the fact that you had already watched the entire thing and you go to me, no, we're watching it again.
Speaker 2: I watch you, I swear I want to do I need it to watch you and cuity watch it again.
Speaker 1: Honestly, was there anything crazy that might have been the moment that's so that, like that a person could be this twisted and like it's a true exploration. It's honestly deeply sad by the end because of how like this woman Jen who gets absolutely her life rocked, not just by Finching but by life itself, Like she cannot get a win. This woman and she is doing a talking head like she's talking about what happened, and she is reliving it in the most visceral way I have ever seen like a documentary, at least in these pop culture documentaries, interview subject, embody what it means to have been in that same page, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like very on the surface. Yes, yeah. The documentary ends on a very beautiful note as it focuses on what a wonderful mother she is to her five children, who all seem so happy and they're back with mom so wonderful. The other detail that I do want to talk about that I love is the each episode ends on some text cards, and the detail that I love.
Speaker 1: Is that this is so good. This was a scream at the end of every of the.
Speaker 2: Scream so Finchy kind of without this other writer's permission, took their personal story about being conceived from rape and used it as a beat as a b story on the Big Grays post me to episode that she kind of took ownership of.
Speaker 1: She was very publicly writing that as well, you know what I mean. She was like, I have written the episode of me too, Grey's Anatomy here it is. She also was so The probably funniest part about it is that the character that she ended up really gravitated towards was Joe played by actress Camilla Luddington.
Speaker 2: Yes, And the title card on each episode ends with Elizabeth Finch claims that the Kavanaugh hearings inspired her to write Silent after all these years.
Speaker 1: Not a stolen story, but the Kavanaugh hearings.
Speaker 2: The Kavanaugh hearings, and then line break, paragraph break, the actress Camilla Luddington claims that the Kavanaugh hearings inspired which actors have ideas all the time, and we love that, and speaking as actors, we celebrate the ideas of actors and that's actually a roller coach at number one.
Speaker 1: We celebrate the.
Speaker 2: Ideas of the cursers, especially Camilla Luddington's Jamilla Luddington. But Camilla Luddington had the idea from the Brett Kavanaugh hearings as well to have her character Joe be a child conceived of rape as well.
Speaker 1: They're putting together this documentary and it's like, is it this woman's real story or the stolen story of Finchy. Just as a third drop, Camilla steps forward and says, no, I came up with it. I came up with this.
Speaker 2: I told this woman's story.
Speaker 1: It's so funny and not me who wanted to do this.
Speaker 2: Like this is. It is a tapestry of personality disorders across multiple people.
Speaker 1: I love it, and I embrace and welcome all of them into my home. I would welcome Elizabeth Finch into my home. I literally, I would welcome her into my home seriously, and I would say, let's sit down, let's talk.
Speaker 2: No, this is what happened. Now. You would say, Finch, come into my home. I welcome you. And then here's what she would say, respectfully. Hell fecking no, hell fecking no.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. See this is this is the other element of it is you would hear this woman's credits and you would think, oh, you know that she went to the US. See, like all those things right, you would think she was quite good. Oh. All the clips that they show are the most insane, batshit crazy dialogue you've ever heard. Like it's just and then you're watching the show and not this but a little bit like, God, was this the quality of grace even when we were watching it at this time, I actually had stopped watching it by that time.
Speaker 2: I had stopped watching at that time too. But you know what, I can't blame the people with in grays who like really champion her, Like unfortunately they were.
Speaker 1: Being fool they were by a master manipulator. Yes, yes, yes, it's crazy at the time to look back and be like wow, like we had to take this this seriously because this woman was really, really, really saying that that she was going through it, and like why wouldn't you let her testify to that? Like, and it's also wild to me that she does walk free, you know what I mean, Like there's no illegal element, I guess to any of this. She's just allowed to go on a spree of baseline, hectic like at its worst, like really harmful and damaging lies.
Speaker 2: Like it's crazy she's walking free. I think, like there is no world in which anyone gives her any credibility. Well certainly, Oh anyway, everyone, we lightly spoiled Anatomy of Lies. It's really well made. Congratulations once again to Vanity Fair Studios and Peacock.
Speaker 1: Honestly, he really It's almost like I had been missing like the third Grader's writing for my scripted series because none of my none of my shows are on So I felt like I got a third Grader documentary in the fact that like the content of what was happening I can only describe as and just like that, ask.
Speaker 2: Maybe Finchy is gonna collab with the third graders soon? What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: See, this is where I think bo we encounter the really dark and harmful thing about all this, which is have we made Finchy a legit icon? And do we want to see another film from her? Another episode of television? I kind of I would welcome Finchy's creativity at this point.
Speaker 2: Wow, she's really in my home. Well, I don't if she worked on me the narcissism. Never, she's in the guest room. She's she's co parenting your children.
Speaker 1: Narcissists love to see me coming. They love to see me coming.
Speaker 2: That's so true of both of us. Oh my god, the Narises love us, or we love the Narses. I call them.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift Afrus narcissists, but they love me.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about recent contract going experiences too. Okay, should we put a pin in that go to Mariah first? Do you want to talk about concert experience? So?
Speaker 1: I guess the first thing I would say about the Mariah episode was that, Wow, it fucking happened. Honestly, Yes, regarding the lighting. We were on it, and I have to say she was barely late, but you know what I mean, like showed up ready to go serene. That is the quality I would describe. I mean, and then so kind, so open to us obviously, like listening back to that, I keep a little bit of me is.
Speaker 2: Like Matt, relax, relax, relax.
Speaker 1: But I think that she dealt with all the energy well. And I think we did pretty well.
Speaker 2: I think we did wonderfully. You especially, that is another gorgeous moment where I get to like, witness you talk to your fucking hero. I was. I can't believe it, Matt, you did so well.
Speaker 1: Thank you. And I want everyone to hear me say this on this podcast right now, because I said it out loud to be why well. I used to call Bobo and he would call me me Me, I said to him. It is important to me now that we get two people on this podcast, and I'm speaking it out into existence now. Leady Gaga, it's time for you to come on this podcast. And this is the white whale Bo, this is the next white Whale. Celine Dion on Lost Coach, Celene Dion, I'm gonna cry Celine Dion on Lost Coach. I need you to experience what I've experienced with Kelly and Mariah Gaga and Selene on Lost Coach. When this podcast is winning a Signal award, I am emotional now now I'm emotional.
Speaker 2: No, don't, girl, don't you need to be strong. We are a leader in podcasts. We have to have the best. We need the leaders in art. We need the leaders in art.
Speaker 1: But Selene and Gaga on the podcast, that's what we want.
Speaker 2: Look, consider this the first flare out into the world.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. And publicists, you play a role in this. You can help make this happen. You really can. If you tweet at Gaga, tweet at Gaga, tweet at Selene.
Speaker 2: She loves it when people tweet at her.
Speaker 1: Send Selene a ton of fan mail. Let's do this, Let's let her bomb Selene. Oh my god, this is with love, with love.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just I'm still just overwhelmed thinking about the idea of them coming.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine, I mean, I actually think those would be both stunning episodes.
Speaker 2: Stunning stunning, Oh my god, I mean to have like a a quatrain, a quartet of episodes. Kelly Mariah Gaga Selene like that is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: To say nothing of what's happening for the next month. Should we announce our little series?
Speaker 2: Let's announce our series, shall we? Well?
Speaker 1: And by the way, a film I've seen a Wicked is coming out of November twenty second, and so we figured it might be fun since Bowen Yang plays the role of Fanny in said film, Fanny the Fop. Now we celebrate this impending release and have some of the stars of Wicked on the podcast. So how about this next week? Ariana Arianka Arianka Ariyanni. I am so excited.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun. It's gonna be really fun. She's coming on the week after.
Speaker 1: How about this one? How about Cynthia Arrivo herself a legend. I can't I'm so beyond. And then we're going to finish it up with Johnny Bailey. You know that's true.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're gonna finish up for sure. We might have to.
Speaker 1: I'll tell them what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Oh, Matt is wiping the corners of his Let me get.
Speaker 1: Out together after that episode three in a row, babes, and then you'll all get to see Wicked on November twenty second when it comes out. But it's a wicked month. It's November is for wicked.
Speaker 2: November is for bricked. We're gonna save any wicked talk between the two of us for this. Look, it's gonna be three weeks of wicked.
Speaker 1: Oh are we because I'm popping off and you embargoed? Can I ask the genuine question, Am I under review and bargaining? No? That would be so chic, by the way.
Speaker 2: It would be so chic if you were not explicitly told. I was not explicitly told. I think people are going on. The people who've seen it, like the you know, Sleigh influencers who've seen it, like I think, are going on.
Speaker 1: You're popping off. Okay, then let me be a slagh influencer right now when I say, you guys, bargain to fucking love this movie. It is so so good it is and this is just based this is how I feel it is so much better than it needed to be. Like there are moments that just bring all of that emotion from the very first time you saw it on Broadway or heard the songs.
Speaker 2: Yes, it feels new again.
Speaker 1: Their performances are so good, like Arianna. Honestly, Ariana's physical comedy, her genuine acting, her emotion is just so real, and she's in it with Cynthia. Their chemistry is unbelievablelable. Defying gravity is a moment and three quarters.
Speaker 2: A moment in movie history. To me, they did it.
Speaker 1: They found a way to make it be as cinematic and as new and as fresh as it probably did the first time. And it's nostalgic. It honors the moment, you know what I mean, Like you you feel like when you're watching this movie, like, oh, this must have been what it felt like to discover something when it happened on Broadway. They did it. They honored Wizard of Oz. They really just it looks incredible. You are right. It is way more practical than we're going to realize, and the movie's going to make you feel all the things. It's just a great Hollywood movie.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy you think this and that you saw it. It was very important that matt'sap before we had all our guests come on for me what I love And we're going to say this again and again for the next month, like to our guests, Yeah, get into it. All the emotional beats hit and everything hits like you know, musically, it hits, of course, and visually and it is a pure Capital S spectacle. But most importantly and probably most challengingly, these emotional beats hit like on a character development level, and that is kind of what is girding down the reason why this is two films, Like.
Speaker 1: Oh, people are going to feel so silly for wanting it to have been one.
Speaker 2: Well, the complaint for the Broadway show has always been that it's dense. There's so much happening so quickly, Like you know, there are obvious character arcs that are amazing, and that's why people love the show so much, but like you really got to let it breathe and just let it have some latitude. And I think that the movie gives it all of that and more, and I mean every number. God, there's so many moments, Like there's even songs that you might like kind of you know, like not politely at like over the last twenty years since this since the show has been out, that like are given new life. And I'm gonna say, like I'm not that girl. Nothing wrong with the Broadway version or the stage version or whatever, but like something about seeing it in film. Something about the way that Cynthia performs it, Yes, incredible and obviously Arianna Grande, Yeah, that girl's talented. Who knew?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's so funny. I'm watching it and I'm thinking to myself, by the way, just to speak on it, I'm not that girl. It's because it's like it's an intimate thing that she's confessing and when you can be like really personal with her, and like John M. Chew, the man that you are, like he really knows how to do this, and you have to stick to your guns on those big decisions because it was the right one. Defind gravity literally brings a curtain down, you know what I mean? Like, you wouldn't be able to just move on to another scene if to find gravity happens in the railway version honestly without defying gravity, suffering and everything that happens after its suffering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so why wouldn't you?
Speaker 1: Why are we doing this if not to blow it out to its absolute potential? Also, go ahead and Wikipedia whatever and read you know, Act one and Act two of Wicked. Those are two stories. Those are those are two arcs in and of themselves. Like you're actually seeing the characters after a long passage of time in like Act two of Wicked. Yes, all this to say it just trust me. It is going to give you full ass movie like with its own arcs that could end right there and would be a story, you know what I mean, Like this is its own thing.
Speaker 2: They thank you for putting out the time jump between the two acts.
Speaker 1: When there's a time jump, you honor that member Desperate Housewives as time jump one of the greatest of all time.
Speaker 2: The haircuts were all askew. Gabby was in sweats, okay, Daddy was in sweats looking unkempt because Eva Longoria can do that. Oh my god, let's talk about this. I love this, like sudden news that Eva Longoria saves John Wick basically with six million dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh, this was a really good thing to hear.
Speaker 2: She has always been the hero of our culture.
Speaker 1: I believe that Eva is important beyond just oh my god, Dabby Sills, anyone thing like Eva is. We need Eva on the pod.
Speaker 2: That hello, can I say fantastic SNL host? Oh Pete Desperate Housewives. She she was so fucking big and she's still it. But like she was the biggest fucking deal they were like, we gotta get Eva on her deep.
Speaker 1: House dish is forever forever. Monday had a bad fish summons, but Monday night I was at the club. Tuesday had a bad fish that much. But Tuesday night I was at the club. Wednesday another bad fish that much. But Wednesday night I was at the club. And then she sits with Keenan and he's just he just says what happened. He's like, so you had a bad fish sandwich every night and you were still at the club. She's like, yep, and that's.
Speaker 2: Basically the sketch that's and that is a I believe executed comedic idea. James Anderson, you are the John m chu of sketch writing, of sketch comedy and that you get it. Wait, Eva Longoria like, we would love to work with you.
Speaker 1: We would love to collaborate with you literally in any way. And I'm serious, I'm pointing at you, and you know you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I know I know what you're talking about. We would love to work with you.
Speaker 1: I think Eva is third co host. Why didn't we find out like if Eva were to come in and like sort of take lost coach, that would actually be exactly the narrative.
Speaker 2: I have no doubt. I have no doubt that Eva Longrey could do our jobs better than both of us combined.
Speaker 1: Oh anything, anything?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Eva, we love you, We love Eva.
Speaker 1: The second I saw Eva on screen, I said, tell me everything when she would run up and say hey. On Disperate Housewives, Collos slay the first season of Desperate Housewives.
Speaker 2: Watch it again, Rex cries when he ejaculates.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Can I say? The only thing that doesn't work for me about the pilot of Desperate Housewives I did just watch.
Speaker 2: It again recently is the Mary Alice stuff. No.
Speaker 1: I love the Mary Alice stuff. I think all that stuff's amazing. Probably the most iconic image of it is the only thing for me that I'm like, I don't know if I buy this completely, which is Lynette getting in the pool in the pool to get her kids out of the pool in her heels. Like it's an iconic shot. I do like the imaging of it, but something about it, I was just like, I don't believe she's motivated to get all the way that fucking pool. But then again, it was a kooky show.
Speaker 2: The twins were being nightmares, though, and it was a funeral gathering. It was a party after the funeral. Yep, Oh, that is a great pilot because like, I love there's that one act where it's just the four of them bringing in their dishes to the potluck, like what it's said about them and oh, it's so genius.
Speaker 1: That was a really fun show.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. I mean so fun that Julio Torres still sends us Desperate Housewives memes and like Osteria Lane, content like this is this has lasting impact. This has shaped a lot of our sensibilities.
Speaker 1: Say, I'm trying to think, like, what was my favorite ever plot on By the way, it's so funny that we were talking about the film of the year Wicked, we went off for two seconds about the time jump and Desperate Housewives because it also had one, And now here we are. This is why Lost Coach is breaking ground in podcasts because no one is this fucking dumb and gay. No one. I'll fight, I'll throw hands against anyone that thinks they're this dumb and gay. You're not talking about Gabby in sweats.
Speaker 2: Unless your name is Aaron Shock and you're stumping for Trump at his rallies as a team. Actually it's so crazy. Yeah you're kidding.
Speaker 1: Well, actually I get. I mean, sure, what is he It's not like he found community, it's not like he has anything to betray. It's like he is a fucking piece of shit.
Speaker 2: I was gonna give him gupher like being closeted the way he was, but I don't want to. I don't want to make anybody feel about being in the closet.
Speaker 1: I mean listen, no, no, no, no, no want has to feel bad about being in the closet. Everyone's situation is different. He was enacting harmful, noxious, explicitly anti gay and while being in the closet, while being in the closet, so he should feel like absolute horseshit about that forever. And no, he doesn't have community in this arena, like my god.
Speaker 2: Not us going from despert and that's why lost coach, we're gonna be standing up.
Speaker 1: They're next to Esther Perrell saying yes, period, I hit it off with this woman and we both are holding trophies.
Speaker 2: Where should we begin the ri iconography?
Speaker 1: Of course, that's it. Honestly, watch when the Pot Law Schooljeres's podcast becomes with Eva Longoria and Estair Parrel.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Estair is the you and Eva is the me, and it works.
Speaker 2: It totally works because they.
Speaker 1: Could talk about Aaron Shock and Desperate Housewives in the same breath. And I'm sure Wicked asolutely. I'm sure wicked.
Speaker 2: Wicked is Universal Studios and thank them.
Speaker 1: We love them at Universal Studios. By the way, Epic Universe, it's coming, bitch, May.
Speaker 2: What's what's the date?
Speaker 1: May twenty second? We have a date, and I want you to look at my wrist. Look at that number twenty two.
Speaker 2: It feels like one of those nights twenty two.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I saw a bunch of concerts recently. Yes, let's go and tell us. I don't think we've been on since I saw the Sweat tour, which you were supposed to come to now, and that was devastating because it was the week you guys were starting up right. Yes, yes, you had to get your JD Evans together.
Speaker 2: No, it was not jad Evans, it was just the MSG show for Sweat was on a Monday. It was the first day back.
Speaker 1: At work, so you got it.
Speaker 2: You have to situate and that was a pack day like we had, Will and Harper on the pod in the morning, and then I had to go into the office and like, it's just a it's just a lot coming out. You're catching up with people, you're strategizing for the next for shows, and it was an intense run of four shows, and I just got overwhelmed and worked up, and I was like, you know what, let me get my ticket to someone else. And I don't have regrets, although I do. I mean, my regret is that I did not see the Sweat Tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing is. It's like I wish you would seen it because it was unbelievable. But I said, I said to you the next day, there was no way you would have been okay the rest of the week because it was a party party. And then we actually we it was so fun.
Speaker 2: Of course, we.
Speaker 1: Went out afterwards and went hard and I ended up like at someone else else's apartment, you know what I mean, like doing the Walk of Shame. Sweat Tour got me to do the Walk of Shame. I'm thirty four, you know what I mean. It doesn't happen as much as it used to, like kind of just.
Speaker 2: Kind of more chic though the older you get to.
Speaker 1: At Barrakuda, like cooking up with a guy at Barracuda, going home with a guy from Barrakuda, Like I'm twenty six.
Speaker 2: I love that I'm back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're so back anyway. The Sweat Tour, first of all, just Charlie, you are an icon in the building. Ever, the fact bo that this actually is one of the proudest moments of me for the whole year of our podcast. The fact that we had her on like before Brat Summer and we were talking to her about that song Girl so Confusing, and we were going back and forth her about who it was about, and she went into detail for the first time about like how it really feels sometimes between the pop girls, and to then a couple of weeks later have grow so con and come out to then being there at MSG when Lord came out. That felt like very much like a full circle moment, and I was like, this is why, and hear me right now. It is not that hard. Brat is the album of the Year. Brat is the is the Grammy winner for Album of the Year, and we need to PUBLICI this. You need to get on this because that show solidified her as a true icon, like she already was, but like I mean in the real sense of the word, like this girl is a superstar and let me just say, Troy fucking eight really pour it up, just so proud to see his gay self being this Madison Square Garden level shread like the choreo is together. Their music in conversation with each other was so great because you were up with Charlie and then like vibing with Troy in a way that was like a perfect ride. When they came out together, they were electric. They were so happy. Fucking Addison Ray came out saying die Pepsi and we went completely insane, like look, just crazy stuff, great visuals ten ten of course, and they just wrapped it up too. So congratuate fucking lations to both of them and everyone involved in a Sweat tour. You ate.
Speaker 2: The thing that has been true about Charlie all along since, like Number one Angel especially, is that like it's always been about the people she brings into it. That's why like her talking about girls are confusing and being like it's weird, Like it's weird with the pop girls. Sometimes it's tense, like there's subtextual things and like signals and all these things but Charlie has never had an issue bringing in the girls like she had like ray on Number one Angels, like years before she blew up, she had like she had Kim Petres on the track she had like she's always cleving, She's always clep and then really well and it culminates to the remix album for Bratt, where it's like, oh my god, these are such incredible reinventions of these already I'm iconic songs like I was. I don't know why I like didn't pay attention to this so I remix with ag cook Love but a totally like new flip side take on the original so I, which is like sad and pondering and mournful and it grieves Sophie, but like this one is just like like she literally says like I want to think about the good stuff, and it's all these wonderful, beautiful memories that she has with Sophie that are like celebrator and you could like fucking dance to it in the club, and I'm like, this album is so special, like it is a generation era defining album of this very strange time that we're in. But like, thank God for this because this was the thing that like buoied Us I think spiritually, like you know, even with like all of the corners and sectors that it's hit in the culture, it's very easy for people to roll their eyes and be like, oh my God, like brat's everywhere? Like when was when? Like this just keeps going and going and going. But like it keeps going because it is successfully like sustaining this zeitgeist that it's in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's continually interesting and developing. That's another element of it is it's like it feels like there's always something more to unfold, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like she absolutely I will say I think that Sympathy is a I featuring Ariana is the highlight for me. And I think the way that it goes into the new I might say something stupid with the nineteen seventy five, which is again a total departure.
Speaker 1: Yes, like it's just it's not this doesn't just happen. It impacted fashion, politics, the conversation at large, of course music. Now you see her breaking into film. It's beyond just this album. It's a Charlie thing too, And I think that you have to it's just you can't actually talk about And that's crazy too, because in a year when so many people put out incredible work, you can't talk about any album on this level like you can talk about Chapelone and Sabrina Carpenter as artists one hundred thousand percent. And I think give Song of the Year to Birds of a Feather, give Record of the Year to Espresso obviously, and best New Artist is chapel Roone, then we can really represent what happened this year. But Bratt was the album of the.
Speaker 2: Year, and there's more to come from Charlie. I can say that.
Speaker 1: What can you say that?
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: You detonate bombs in the culture, you detonate bombs.
Speaker 2: She is, She's appearing, That's what I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 1: Bowen, are you allowed to do this?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, all you said was she's appearing. You didn't say where she's appearing. I didn't say where.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, gag Okay, so unbelievable. And talk about collabs like fucking Charlie and Troy doing that together. I mean, that was a moment. I just I will never forget it. I saw the Hit Me Hard and Soft tour at Madison Square Garden. Billy she's it's she is.
Speaker 2: It a true original. I mean all of the girls like everyone's original, but like she is, she's form breaking. She should be up there on stage with you and a Stare Parrell.
Speaker 1: I would love nothing more than to share a stage one day with a Stare and Billie Eilish. I don't know what we'll do, but I would love to collaborate with these ladies. I would love to collaborate with these ladies.
Speaker 2: I think you guys should do a cooking demo on a top show.
Speaker 1: I think that would go so well.
Speaker 2: Bo that's the stage you belong.
Speaker 1: I think that that would be really good. What I want to say about like Billy's show is a couple of things you don't realize how dexterous and oh yeah, emotionally intelligent her voices is like the only way I can describe it.
Speaker 2: It's she is.
Speaker 1: Such a storyteller and the music is so intimate, and the sounds are also so big that for her to translate is I mean, it's exceptional, and that audience was going completely insane for her. The choice, I'll say, the layout of the stage so that she can pretty much always be two things A close to her fans and be able to fucking run around because.
Speaker 2: There is something she loves to run.
Speaker 1: Yes, there is something that is like inherently youthful about her, like energy and the fact that she can just be standing there singing and then in the next breath running and it feels like it makes sense to her why. Yeah, Like giving her a stage where she can do that is genius and it's her genius. And her music is absolutely unbelievable in that environment, and whether it's a song that's small or big, because of what it's meaning to the people there.
Speaker 2: It's so incredible to hear you say this about an artist who I think her trademark has been incredibly I'll say, like internal music, you know what I mean. It's like the reason why she is incredibly original that she's kind of like reinvented a lot of vocal styles in the last several years, it's because it's like it's incredibly inverted. It's like it's not like outwardly projected vocals necessarily, you know, Like even when she quote unquote belt, it's like incredibly controlled. And even when she like wrote like what was I made for? She's like, oh, like this demands something completely different from like like she she's incredibly aware of like how she uses her instrument and for it to be so successful and so realized in a stadium like that is so cool.
Speaker 1: She's it feels crazy to say it about someone this young, but she is a living legend in that she will go on to do so many things. Because I just you know, when they were doing the rollout for hit Me Hard and Soft, Matt Whitaker was pointing this out actually, and I think it was purposeful on her team's part, because you saw her Unclebert talking about how she loved like Ella Fitzgerald, you know what I mean. You saw her doing more adult engaging with the audience in more adult ways, almost as to say, like, there's a lot of my sleeve musically artistically. I think we're gonna see many different Billie Eilishes over the next.
Speaker 2: Of course forty years. I'm making a lazy comparison here and just saying like, not the pedigree, but just sort of like the background and like the the literacy on music that she has is very like gag out of me, yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And I will also say like I have to because it's my impulse. I have to what do you think of disease?
Speaker 2: I think it's a grower. I really love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to hear the whole project around.
Speaker 2: Me too, me too. And I think this is all the reason she has not given us the video the visuals yet is very intentional. I think it will communicate more about the scope of LG seven And I'm going to say something for my I don't think so. It's not about her or the music, obviously, it's about the discourse.
Speaker 1: My I don't think Zohnnie is also about the discourse. Interesting about Daga one of her daughters. Oh interesting.
Speaker 2: Wait, also quickly Addison Ray just to quickly mention Aquamarine love stunning, loved the video, tensing the video, Yes, I love it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of giving Brittany a little bit.
Speaker 2: A little like Blackout era Brittany. Yeah, exactly, that's what I mean. Like, that's sort of like that era of Britain. She sings give me More in the song. She literally sings like the words give me More. I love a dirty Parisian music video. She's always given a little Brittany. Yeah, Beca says she's always given at We need to talk about Becca's producer, Beca's costume.
Speaker 1: Yes. The last thing I'll say is I saw Taylor's show in Miami Rain Show, Raine Show, Iconic Epic rain Show during reputation, when she was doing the transition from.
Speaker 2: Look what you maan me do and to look what you made Me do?
Speaker 1: Like she was really Taylor ta y La in that moment in the rain. She was having fun and it was It was a really fun show to be at. I will say this could be an I don't think so, Honey, hard Rock Stadium in Miami. You need to figure out how to get your guests in and out if you're gonna have events like that, better or worse than Met Life Oh Bowen, if you can imagine this, it was much worse No, because it wasn't being in gridlock. It was needing to travel miles before you could be picked up by an uber with no transportation to get you there. So we had to walk for like in the ring miles and then when you finally get to the uber pickup, it was gridlocke. It was crazy. I infrastructure wise, Florida, I'm thinking of you, I really am.
Speaker 2: We hope everyone's doing okay O.
Speaker 1: That felt like a hard left. But like literally though, like I'm just like I don't get what happens when what if there was an emergency, Yeah, I was saying. It was like I was like this is not built correctly or like like something's wrong. But anyway, those were my concerts.
Speaker 2: If you pivoted to architecture, I would say, sleigh.
Speaker 1: See, And here's the thing is, like I have no idea how to fix the whatever problem it is they think they have.
Speaker 2: But the people who work there and get paid for it for that, no, and they're not doing anything about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if you were at those hard rock shows or you know someone that was you know what I'm talking about, Like it was like news.
Speaker 2: It was so it was news.
Speaker 1: Also, Oh, Gracie Abrams opened up for Taylor and eras crushed and can I say the most beautiful person.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, Like, uh, I think it was. Anne Hathway recently was asked like, who should be on the cover of Vogue and she said Gracy Abrams. I said, yep, that is a face for the cover of Vogue.
Speaker 2: Hair body face for you. In the words of Ali.
Speaker 1: All Tea, really all.
Speaker 2: Tea body, tea face, tea.
Speaker 1: Voice, tea songs, tea lyrics, T.
Speaker 2: Can I say something stupid? What I might say something stupid?
Speaker 1: I might say something stupid.
Speaker 2: Dental ty, She's got a chic set of teeth. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like, if if they could tell me you can take the substance and look like Gracie, I'd be like, it's worth it to turn into monstro Alyssa Sue for the days I could look like Gracie Abrams.
Speaker 2: Oh if I could write I love you I'm sorry, I would take the substance and become monster. Lisa Sue.
Speaker 1: I listened to it five times a day. If you told me that if I listened to it again, I'd become monster. Alicia Sue, I would have to listen to it again. I'd be like, Oh, I'm s.
Speaker 2: Thank god there's a new album about being obsessed with someone before you even fucking meet them. That's what I need. And wait that it worked out and then Crazy Girl. It worked out. Sure did good for both of them. I say, Paul's been looking really good to In the lead up to he was wearing this cardigan the other night on a British late night show. And isn't it something every time he like is addressed as a certain way, it becomes a story thing.
Speaker 1: So many people doing that Halloween costume of him, like standing outside with the groceries after he was at the gym in the little hat.
Speaker 2: And it's he is a back of sweet cream. So a lot of these gay guys out here taking paperback to sweet creat Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, I have to tell you the culture that made me say culture was for me? Now I have to redefine my answer. It's Amelia de Moldenberg. I have become my with Chicken Chop Date and the Chicken Chop Date with her and Andrew Garfield. I say, it's my Roman empire.
Speaker 2: It's your rooman empire, It's my Roman Empire.
Speaker 1: I I love watching love and that's what it is.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. It's that is. Can I say like flea bag level just in terms of two people having chemistry and you're witnessing like something going on, You're like, WHOA, what is this? Well?
Speaker 1: Did you see someone compared it to fleabag on TikTok? Really? Yeah? Someone goes it's like that when he's telling her like that he sees like the strings being pulled in her mind, like he knows like her approach, and she says, stop, I knew you would do this. I knew you would do this. And he's like, what that someone sees you and says and calls it out. Someone on TikTok was like, this is like the moment in Fleabag when he calls her out for talking to the audience, like, yeah, this thing is. She doesn't think other people will notice, and he's like noticing it or calling it out. It's like it's not doing that moment of like someone seeing you. Oh my god, I'm saying it out loud, like it's truly.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 1: It's lesson in chemistry with Brie Larson.
Speaker 2: Amelia We love you, Amelia Reader.
Speaker 1: Can I say something? I immediately got on the DMS well I was like, Hi, I'm a massive fan, Like play me already talking like a massive fan, like massive. We connected and Amelia, you know you have a seat here, open.
Speaker 2: Invite anytime you want to come on. She she's a great vibe. She came to an SNL a few shows ago, really and we got to we got to hang after the at the after party. She is so so fucking cool.
Speaker 1: I also want to say about her unreal fashion sense, like she looks good every time, like ten, like you see her at any events. She's dressed, perfect.
Speaker 2: Hair, body, face, tea for sure. I mean the hair is always perfect. The makeup of the face, I mean, her nose, her eyes, just just that perfect face. I love Amelia. Sorry, oh my god.
Speaker 1: To say nothing of like how fucking hot he is, and that being an element of the fact that, like the date between the chicken chop date between them, you're just like watching two adorable people be adorable. It's like watching puppies. It's like it's like serotonin, you know what I mean. Like they should bring that video into like places where people need some joy. Bring it into the retirement home, bring.
Speaker 2: It into the rehabilitations that ever Finchy checked in.
Speaker 1: My Make a Wish. One day, I just want Amelia and Andrew to talk to each other in front of me, just like, come come to where I am and let me curl up in a ball, and I just want to watch them talk. Please, guys, please.
Speaker 2: You might have to pull a Finchy and lie about something.
Speaker 1: I would I would pull a finchy oh god, what if?
Speaker 2: What if?
Speaker 1: Bowen? The twist of this podcast was everyone realized that like one of us was lying and or like you like, yeah, like you're not gay? Well can I've been saying about you for a long time.
Speaker 2: That's a theory document I've written about this. This is not that uncommon, like don't you know, like friends, like there is like a gay urban legend in our generation now where it's like, oh my god, there's this one guy who was married to this doctor and then the doctor would get up and go to work and then like after years of being married, the person finds out that they never were a doctor. They would just drive and go to a parking lot and sit there for eight hours and then drive back home. Like the shit like the personality disorders are out are are out there, and they always So what you're saying is there's a chance.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is there's a chance, like we could still get that from this podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, there's finches everywhere, and you never know when the Finchy bomb is gonna blow up.
Speaker 1: The Finchy bomb, Like, honestly, you know what's crazy though, it's like am I gonna go here? Yes? Or why not. Sometimes, like you get to know people in the industry where sometimes people are just that weird, you know what I mean. Like sometimes you're like you could you could have been in the Gray's Anatomy writer's room, and like she's like an idiosyncratic, like weird person. But like a lot of people are, you know what I mean, everyone as coworkers that you're like, Okay, that person, what the fuck? Like wigs me out a little bit. You just never think they're going to be pathological, a harbinger of doom.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, total harber too.
Speaker 1: Did I use that correctly? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I just I.
Speaker 1: Just yay, yay.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about producer Becka's costume.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, which will actually dovetail nicely into my I don't think so, honey, Okay. Producer Beca's costume was one of the best ones I saw on all of the Internet, which we all get on to see people's costumes. So this was a place where you could see them all and becha stood out. She was love ball Chapel.
Speaker 2: Roon Statute of Liberty in the Statue.
Speaker 1: Of Liberty in the Green with the blunt everything, and it was production value.
Speaker 2: It was accuracy. It was energy match. Get on, get on, you have to give a speech and give remarks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how did you feel in the costume? When did you decide to do it? How did it come together? And more so, about a week or so ago.
Speaker 3: I decided to do it because I had been Hollween's are my favorite holidays. I just love to glance progress this and my boyfriend and I were trying to decide what we were gonna do with our dogs and decided to make one of them Midwest Princess.
Speaker 1: Chapel, and I love that album.
Speaker 3: And so then I was like, okay, we love Ball Chapel, and my boyfriend was boiler Room Charlie.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 3: Chica went viral. Obviously she was brat.
Speaker 2: Oh felt more like.
Speaker 3: A celebrity handler in my life, Like people were just stopping us taking picture.
Speaker 1: Of Chica because you looked like her.
Speaker 3: Well that was for earlier. We did the Fort Green Dog pumpkin contest.
Speaker 2: And so I need to go to one of the literal brat. Oh my god, And so she's crowd favorite him winn.
Speaker 1: Who the fuck one?
Speaker 2: Baby bell cheese.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's pretty good. It was it was.
Speaker 3: It was really cute because there was a whole reveal they like took off the wrapping.
Speaker 1: It was I'm pretty good with baby bell Cheese winning the award, but it.
Speaker 3: Was definitely crowd favorite vibes because we couldn't get out of there, like people were like, you were mobs. We ended up on New York Nico.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's the wind, New York. That was the wind.
Speaker 1: But oh my boyfriend brought it over.
Speaker 2: The per Oh my god.
Speaker 3: But then the Chapol costume, I was like, okay, I was at abercanaber if you know, you know in New York. I bought the same little statue Liberty fire thing, and of course, but then I like hunted all over yes.
Speaker 2: Roll.
Speaker 3: But then I hunted around Times Square after a recording in the city and was like, okay, I bought like the classic New York crown. And then I was like zooming on Chapel's charms. I was like, oh, she literally just like bought a bunch of New York charms and put them on a necklace.
Speaker 2: So I did.
Speaker 3: I bought the exact ones, put them, built them, put them on the necklace, and then I watched probably a billion YouTube videos on how to do drag makeup.
Speaker 2: I mean, I do make up really well. I did incredible, But on brown skin.
Speaker 3: You know you're like, okay, it's yeah, it's like and you also have to think color theory. Okay, green isn't gonna look green on me the same way it looks on chapel. So I'm mixing the whites, the blues, the greens.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: I do it.
Speaker 3: And my friend has this yearly costume contest Halloween party. She's like a curator like event planner, and so it's always gorgeous, always fun. So I was like, I'm coming to win.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm coming to win.
Speaker 1: I want it was a purfect Wow, you did what she could never do. That's true and her mother, yeah, yes, but it was. It was much.
Speaker 3: I wish I had more places to be to be out longer with the makeup on, because it did take me like four hours ado right, But and the outfit. I really wanted to nail the out but I was like, I don't have time. I don't have time to make it. I spent too much time making.
Speaker 1: I thought it was there.
Speaker 2: It was absolutely.
Speaker 3: I was like, if I get the makeup right, people aren't gonna give a.
Speaker 2: Fuck that I don't have that skirt.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's that's doing all the work.
Speaker 3: It was costing a lot at this point, I was like adding it up and I was like, I can't buy fabric for this.
Speaker 1: Are you comfortable saying your handle? Yes, it's the bes P E. C. C. S. Ramos R A M O. S follow producer Becca to see her chapel, wrong costume and more.
Speaker 3: And more, and teaches Brat costume, just Brack costume.
Speaker 2: New York Nico featured Brat costume. Becca has already cast aside her prior sort of a calling card, which was saying the dings and the dongs of the iconic four hundred. It was only a matter of time before you transcended that. And look, it's costume winning, Becca Ramos. Everyone's winning awards. Everyone's winning awards.
Speaker 1: Everyone's really winning awards. This bodes really well for the future too, because once you start winning, sometimes you just don't stop.
Speaker 3: We haven't stopped, as the show has proved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, that's right, thanks, Becca, We love you all right. Well, I think it's type I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, honey. Is a segment that we do on this podcast where it's one minute ranting and railing and rocking and rolling against something in culture that's been our gears. And I've got something to say about the discourse. I don't have anything really prepared. I just have emotions.
Speaker 2: Okay, sometimes that's more than enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it will be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Matt Rogers is emotion forward. I don't think so, honey. As time starts now, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think so, honey. If you have anything negative to say about Chapel going up to that paparazzi and saying that he was disrespectful to her, she walked up to him, she said, you were disrespectful to me. She said, you owe me an apology, and he, I guess didn't give her one. She went back to her spot and post. If you think she was being a brat, just fuck off. She's allowed to do whatever she wants. Also, it's iconic that she did that.
Speaker 2: I'm iconic.
Speaker 1: Don't you want your pop stars to be a little messy. Don't you want them to be confrontational? Don't you want them to be dynamic and compelling? The way that Chapel roan is why are you shouting at Chapel roan to be like everyone else? I don't think so, honey, shut up, stop mi in Chapel. You don't own Chapel. Chapel is a participant in democracy, Bitch. She is out here saying her opinion, giving everything by what she can in her industry and feeding the economy. Bitch. Leave Chapel alone, and that guy does how her an apology? I don't think so, honey, fucking shut up about chapelone.
Speaker 2: That's one minute. Imagine a world in which you had this self respect that this person does, and if you were confronted with if you saw someone who you felt wronged you deeply, what would it feel like to have that courage to walk up to them and be like, Hey, I really didn't like when this thing happened. You owe me an apology. That would be incredible. Think of all the other possibilities that would open up in your life.
Speaker 1: People can't stand that she sticks up for herself and won't apologize for it. People can't stand it. And I get that not everyone likes her. Guess what, that's good. Maybe we shouldn't be just like giving a whole but a Smorgasborg off like vanilla annoying, whatever's that? Like all robotically say the same shit, like I'm happy that there's someone super compelling and outspoken and talented as fuck out there, Like stop thinking of her as an influencer. Start thinking of her as a human being, Like, stop thinking about her as something that's just to be like, you know, directed from She's someone to be listened to, but you don't. It's not like she's like wields ultimate power. Leave her alone.
Speaker 2: It's that. And also she is not customer service.
Speaker 1: No, she's not customer service.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, I felt like we were kind of just coming out of this era of like everybody policing each other's morals.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, it's worse than it.
Speaker 2: It never works. Never if you chastise someone like that in that way on that scale, it never ever ever yields the outcome that you that you would want in that sort of scenario, like leave the fuck alone.
Speaker 1: I just hate watching all this energy go towards that when we have such a crazy fucking villain out there in the world right now, And I get that the reason people are upset with her is because they feel like it's some deterrent towards like, you know, stopping.
Speaker 2: Trump, civic disengagement or something exactly.
Speaker 1: And my thing is just like if we can have both, then all we're gonna have our directives from someone that tell us what to do and when to do it. And that's also really bad. I just hate watching us fall apart like this because we're not seeing like the forest for the trees a little bit, like all of this can be true, Like she can be an imperfect, incredibly talented artist who yes, sure has influence, but is not like, didn't ask for that. You're the one demanding authenticity of her. She gives you that, and then you're upset and make it about a million other things. Meanwhile, it's like, I don't know, it's it's it's really frustrating to watch us just fall apart online because there's it's we really, we really are looking right in the face of dictatorship. We're looking at right in its face. This is not perfect, what I'm saying, but like, no, no, no, I just I don't it's holistically frustrating.
Speaker 2: I don't quite know what to say either.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I hope everyone votes. I hope everyone does the.
Speaker 2: Right thing period. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's all.
Speaker 2: That's all bowing. Do you have any things one I have. I have one that's much less urgent, but is grinding my gears a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean, it didn't need to be urgent. It's just like I just I feel like that the energy like projected at her for this red carpet thing is like about other things. Yeah, And I'm like, just okay, So you don't like her like then then this, then don't listen to her music whatever. She's not like, she's not begging.
Speaker 2: To be faced, So everybody just get off the internet a little bit more, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: One hundreds see do you see this?
Speaker 2: For some reason, the this kind of went around like it was an interview with Stevie Nicks or something where like she talks about how at some award show like Katy Perry like showed her what Twitter was and how like stan Twitter was kind of works ye wild and how it works, and Stevie was like, I don't have the Internet on my phone. And then Katie knows, well, like who are your rivals? Who are your rivals? And then Stevie goes, I don't have rivals I have friends.
Speaker 1: Katie Perry took another one.
Speaker 2: I mean, at this point, it's like it works retroactively to your like this woman, did she ever get it? I don't know. I think she did for a moment.
Speaker 1: It's certainly in question now in a way that it never was. But like it was just wild to watch Katie get another wall up from Stevie Nicks. Then the year's coming to an end and she got walled by Stevie Nicks, Like, hey, a Halloween October surprise.
Speaker 2: Oh bitch, why are you showing Stevie Nicks Twitter? Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Don't ask Stevie Nick, who are your rivals?
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Oh sure I can, I say, I'm gonna tell that story.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: So I show up to Thursday. I was given the honor of being in the proms with Ari and Stevie. I show up on Thursday and I have to walk over to the wardrobe department as Stevie is getting off stage from her soundcheck, and I kind of like her. Coterie was kind of like working the way through, and then I like peeled, I like kind of hid behind a doorway to like make way for her. And then I hear a voice where she goes, you don't have to hide from me, Bowin, and I was like, oh my god. And then she like comes up to me and she has these insanely surreal things to say to me. But then the thing that stuck out to me was just because you're asking who her enemies are, who her rivals are, she goes, when you did that thing with those spotted lantern flies. I thought that was the funniest thing because I hate them. And then she she talked about how she her life is just stomping out those lantern flies. They are very vicious, vicious, and they're jumping and they're their their reflexes are getting better. Unfortunately, see, this is not what we need. Stevie Nick's rivals are cocaine, Lindsay, Bucky Later.
Speaker 1: Yep. Is that a real culture? Yes?
Speaker 2: But Trumber seventy four. Stevie Nick's rivals are cocaine and lantern flies. Okay, I haven't I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 1: This is bowing Yang's I don't think so, honey. And if you believe it, his time starts now.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, honey. Lady Gaga's return to pop quote unquote, this is Chromatica erasure? What does that make Chromatica. Chromatica is one of the best pop albums of the last decade. I don't understand. I don't think it's necessarily Gaga's camp. I think Gogan interviews is mentioned like this return to pop music, but it's like she wasn't away from it that long. Maybe Harlequin counts as like a detour, but we're even talking about it to six point five. It's like, we need to make sure that we consider Gaga a pop artist and that she is one of our best chameleons. But let's not erase Chromatica. Chromatica is top to bottom spectacular. I'm getting really emotional because that is a very important album to us, especially coming in going through the pandemic. I don't like this thing of like, oh, like this is a return to form, to like Born this Way, Born this Way is an amazing album. Our Pop is an amazing album. Jo Wanne is an amazing album, and Chromatica is a more recent amazing pop album. Don't erase Chromatica.
Speaker 1: And that's one minute. I have been confused as well. I'm like, Chromatica was your pop We just saw the chromatica ball tour like we just saw it. What do you mean she's returning to pop? Like we just saw her in a stadium. We're doing stupid love? Like, what did you think that was class? What did you think that was?
Speaker 2: What did you think that was?
Speaker 1: Was nine one one? Country music? Was it not? Pop? Dance?
Speaker 2: Was a thousand doves? Chinese?
Speaker 1: It was a Chinese or something? Was it Chinese music?
Speaker 2: You know Chinese music? Say Chinese?
Speaker 1: Is your favorite Chinese song? You know my favorite Chinese song?
Speaker 2: Teresa Tang?
Speaker 1: Teresa Tang? You do? Can you do your rendition of Teresa Tang's biggest.
Speaker 2: Hit, knee when well, I no, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: That was so good. Please keep going.
Speaker 2: Knee when well? Iodush? What iinyotingsin? You don't die? Your gorgeous song? Oh my god, it's called the Moon represents my heart. Everyone listened to it.
Speaker 1: The moon represents my heart. I felt that was true watching you perform in that.
Speaker 2: Moment you put me on the spot. That was that was vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Sometimes vulnerability opens the door to true greatness. And I think that what you just did is a great example of why Lost Culturistas is an award winning podcast and why we picked up the Signal Award for Innovation and Podcasts. And it's really why I'll be standing up on stage next to a stair parrel holding a trophy, waving and smiling.
Speaker 2: You and a stare did not share the same space at all.
Speaker 1: Or if she refuses to speak to me, oh my god, she's like, she looks at me. We meant, I'm like, highest there, it's so nice to meet you. What a great night. She looks at me and she goes, I don't like you at all.
Speaker 2: I don't like you at all, said drops the drops the Belgian French accent. I don't like you.
Speaker 1: I don't like you at all. You still see you out there doing your thing. I don't like you at all.
Speaker 2: I'm ashamed to be sharing this award with you. You know what, I think she would have a lot. I think if you guys really had a moment and got into it, I would listen to the fuck out of her talking about specific people with you. That's all, specific people, A specific person, a specific person. Anyway, the jump scares keep a coming. It was spooky Halloween town vibes when we were traveling recently.
Speaker 1: That's all, well, uh, Halloween town. Oh my god, you know what I almost did my I don't think so, honey on and I thought you would have appreciated this, but I ultimately I didn't think I could speak to it enough for a minute. It's just something I don't like. Okay, the Halloween font. And you know what I'm talking about. Wow, that like spooky, scary, drippy font, like that Monstersey font. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like the Goosebumps logo.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Halloween font. Anyhow, I love the Halloween font. What It's so fun?
Speaker 2: It's different.
Speaker 1: You used to be so chic, girl. You have lost it all. I don't know what happened to you. You used to be so fucking chic and such a legend. You've fallen no longer. Now you're a Halloween font lover.
Speaker 2: I love Halloween.
Speaker 1: I'm with Becca, you know what.
Speaker 2: Halloween always stakes up on me in so many ways, but especially this year especially, I'm like, oh, I love this time of the year. And you know what, the only reason I haven't been able to get into Halloween as much in the last five years is because of work. And I am excited for a day soon and then near future in the next few years. One short day, I really stretch out my legs and limbs in October and I'll fall, really because I love fall travel, i love going to see the leaves change. I'm excited to have time.
Speaker 1: We just went to the most insane haunted house we've ever been to. We can't say where, but.
Speaker 2: It was crazy. Oh the production value wof that was legendary, legendary legends.
Speaker 1: Before we go and sing us out, please vote, please vote, please vote, Please vote for Kamala, Please vote for Kamala.
Speaker 2: In the words of voting rights activists Stacy Abrams, once i'd may disappoint. The other side intends to destroy, and it's hard to make it a nuanced thing. It's hard to make voting in this election nuanced in the way that we would like it to be when it is a literal binary. Unfortunately, I think that.
Speaker 1: We've shown that we can have these conversations, and that we will have these conversations and they'll go in all different kinds of ways. But ultimately, I just hope that we do everything that we can to protect each other. Let's just protect each other here, Let's just think about each other. We end every episode with the song and every episode of the songs.
Speaker 4: Burtile Affair we conscted there Hello, won't change the weather, won't change the weather, won't change the weather.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what I'm crying for.
Speaker 4: How don't No.
Speaker 1: By the way, the walls in my apartment building are so thin. I'm in trouble.
Speaker 2: Stop on the wrist.
Speaker 1: Finally, man touches me.
Speaker 2: Last. Culturesis is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players in My Heart Radio podcasts.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yank. Executive produced by Anna Hasnier and Hans Sani.
Speaker 2: Produced by Beck Ramos, editing mixed by Doug Bamimnika Boord and.
Speaker 1: Our music is by Henry Kobersky. Hey everybody, it's me Matt Rogers, letting you know. Tickets are on sale now to see me on tour, the Prince of Christmas Tour, that is, I'm doing my whole album Have You Heard of Christmas? Plus a lot more with the whole band all throughout December. Go to www dot mattrogersofficial dot com. See me in a city near you