Speaker 1: Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side, a production of iHeartRadio. Hi, y'all, I'm Julie.
Speaker 2: Hi there, I'm Brenda. Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all need to know that we are obsessed with everything on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are, because once you learn to navigate the energetic, or to some the invisible world, life is going to be more fun and much more serene.
Speaker 1: Uh heck, yes it can. Because, let's be honest, br in, Earth school is hard. In fact, you taught me.
Speaker 2: That let's crush Earth School together.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, my witchy pooh, what has Pluto God in store for you?
Speaker 2: Ah? Nicely played played. Well, that's the big question, right, question of the hour.
Speaker 1: It is the big question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna play with Pluto today.
Speaker 1: So didn't By the way, how are you? Before I get into questions, I mean we just like had jumped in the episode, do a like mental, physical, emotional, spiritual health check?
Speaker 2: You good? I'm good? Yeah, I'm really good.
Speaker 1: Fabulous.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know Le's I just finished my Athena's Magical Secrets. We just had our closing retreat. So these women gathered and oh my goodness, Oh my goodness, they kicked up, I mean, just cooked it up. The energy was so palpable, the depth of the meditations, it was. It was such a magical weekend.
Speaker 1: Is that what you call it?
Speaker 2: Magical secrets?
Speaker 1: And is that why we're talking about Pluto today?
Speaker 2: Well that's just a happy bonus. But yes, yes, got it? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well okay, so shout out to all the athene met secret ladies.
Speaker 2: So just I think his sisters that do we call them?
Speaker 1: Okay sisters, yeah, magical sisters. Okay, so shout out to them. And by the way, I'm fine, So let's just get a rock on with this episode.
Speaker 2: Suck sucky.
Speaker 1: Well, we just had a love fest. We kind of made out. She comes up and just kiss kiss, kis kiss. She's like, mother, are we getting on with Auntie? With Auntie Brenda?
Speaker 2: She always knows I must be present.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're present hair a lot for the we know, we know you always check on us.
Speaker 2: Of course I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, so I have to confess everybody. I really don't know what the hell Brenda is going to talk about, but I'm super excited about it. So I'm going to be kind of the audience ish, and I'm going to ask questions. I'm going to answer questions because this is in the you know, astrology zone, which you know, I giggle at names astrology input.
Speaker 2: You have your preferences, we know.
Speaker 1: Right, And we're talking about Pluto, which was a really great dog on television, so I mean, I'm all in.
Speaker 2: It doesn't get any better than that.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell us.
Speaker 2: The reason we're talking about Pluto is because Pluto is obviously one of the outer planets that goes in between being identified as an asteroid and a planet. So let's just talk about that for a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why'd they ruin that for us?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's because they I don't know. They don't know either, right, So it got downgraded, it got upgraded again. You know, that's what we know.
Speaker 1: So it kind of feels like flying on American airlines sometimes.
Speaker 2: It just jumps in and jumps out like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'll give you a coach, now, I'll give you first no, sorry, back in coach.
Speaker 2: They do this.
Speaker 1: They did to me once. That's why I brought it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry. And so the thing about is that Pluto is changing houses. But before we get to that I just want to talk about the planet Pluto for a bit because it's super important, okay, and to understand the power of this small planet or big asteroid depending on which house you're in. See what I did there?
Speaker 1: That was really funny. All right, Oh my god, you she will have another stand up on Friday at eight.
Speaker 2: Just kidding, but okay, So you know it makes people. Pluto keeps people on its toes because it's literally known as the house or the planet of death and rebirth, and nobody likes to talk about that. As we know, right, death makes people very anxious, and so they literally don't want to pay attention to it. Maybe that's why I got downgraded to an asteroid. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think you might be right, And look at you, you're just like coming out with all the gen right now from nas listening. But if you call me, I'll give you her address. Keep going.
Speaker 2: So this thing about the find of Death and rebirth is it makes me feel uncomfortable because they don't feel like they're in control, which is so silly, right, because there's so much we're not in control of anyhow. So that's always a fallacy to begin with. If we think of it. It's to me, the invitation is to say, what am I pretending? Pluto wants to get to the truth or the essence of things, which means a lot of other things have to be peeled away. We do so much posturing to take care of our reputation, to make sure we look good, to make sure you like me, to make sure I'm positioned well for whatever I want next. Like what if all that went away and you just showed up authentically vulnerabile, with vulnerability, and you showed up ready to connect with people who are also authentic and vulnerable. Like that's to me is the invitation that Pluto's making to yes, strip things away down to its essence so we can stop all the b sing that we spend so which.
Speaker 1: I'm just over here nod my head like one of those little like boggle chicken things like do just like Bob and Bob in a way is great.
Speaker 2: So if we think of it that way, we just click it off. It's super easy to go, Oh, I can, I can embrace Pluto. So we're going to talk about this. You know, how would what would be real for you? What would absolutely be real for you? Now? In our effort to be comfortable, we also tend to bury things and avoid things that are unpleasant. And Pluto says, no, no, no, no, no, that is not how that is not how we wroll. We bring all we dig deep to find the essence and the truth of things, and we're going to serve it up to you, not to make you uncomfortable. You may be uncomfortable, you maybe not. That is your choice. But what we're going to offer you is true. We're going to offer you an opportunity to face it, to jump into it, to clean it up, to address it, to release it, to do whatever you want that will help you get to the essence and to the truth of who you are. That's the whole invitation from Pluto. Now, why does that make people anxious? I don't know, Like what are they hiding?
Speaker 1: Right? And what's interesting too, is that given that it is the outer planet slash asteroid of our solar system, you know, things that are far away are things that we don't tend to look for right right right, Like it's out there, it's there, but it kind of has to force its way in to be seen.
Speaker 2: Right right, and it does. That's why it has a big impact.
Speaker 1: Right, right, right, it's all those those hidden things again that you can't see, right and on a cloudy day, you can't see very far.
Speaker 2: In a cloudy day. You also think about like when you're flying on those days, I go, oh, I just you know, it's so cloudy, and then boom, right whatever, you know, twenty thousand feet you're above the clouds and it's a beautiful day up there, you know. Like and to me, that's the invitation from Pluto, like, hey, it's going to be dark, it's going to be heavy. You get the chance to address this. Don't forget, Pluto is not just the planet of death. It's always death and rebirth. How would you like to reinvent yourself? What? What are you moving towards? This is this is where shadow work lives. You know how people are really embracing shadow work the last couple of years, Like find out what the limitations are and be brave enough to own them, to look at them, to integrate them. Because we bury treasures in the shadow, right, and so things that these limitations that keep us small and keep us safe and keep us comfortable, are not the things that are going to bring us greatness if we give them small and buried, like bring them out, embrace them, integrate them. That's the invitation to me from Pluto. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Then I will actually echo that and say that's the invitation to me too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So on that note, we're not a quick break because I think we're also going to start talking about where Pluto is in other signs where yeah, this is going to get juicy. But that was an amazing intro to Pluto. And even though I have favorite planets, I think that now I think it just like ranked above some other ones.
Speaker 2: Well, and remember, like even in Toro, when someone gets a death card, we know like there's a huge transformation here, right, there's an invitation for transformation, and so that's really exciting to me.
Speaker 1: Right, if you take the call, you could lead a life that's with less stress and a bit more happiness when you start dealing with some of these things, because otherwise you just hold all that shit in and become exhausted, exhausted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: If you're tired of being exhausted, stay tuned. We'll be write back. Okay, y'all, we are back with Brenda talking about something that I don't know. So Brenda, like teach us, tell us more, tell us about you know, when Pluto is aligned with you know the different signs and what that means for us. So where's it been and where's it going?
Speaker 2: Wow, this is what we're gonna talk about. We're going to talk about Pluto, the planet. We just talked about all that. The invitation for transformation was in the house of Capricorn. Now Capricorn sits at the top of the chart. So Capricorn has a lot to do with your public reputation and specifically how you earn a living or how you use your purpose in life. So if you are a stay at home mom or a volunteer or a teacher or a CEO or anything, you know, anything at all, an artist, like how you make your mark in the world, Like how do people identify you? Is it's at the top of the chart. So this has to do with that. So when you think of Capricorn, you think of structures. It is tradition, it is government, it is rules, it is organizations. It has a lot. Yes, what you can say.
Speaker 1: I was just going to ask, so when did Pluto go into Capricorn? I just want to dates for folks.
Speaker 2: Well, I just want to give them a little more context at about what what were and then we'll.
Speaker 1: Ignore me with bigfoot sweatshirt on.
Speaker 2: I love that. So, so when you think about the resources, resources are your structures. And you know, when we think of resources, obviously we think of money, which lives strongly in Capricorn, not only in Capricorn, but strongly in Capricorn because it's how we make a living. Also, it's like resources wise counsel, right, like the energy you have to run your body right. And also think about you know, leadership or authority in your life. It could be a father or a father figure. It could be you know, just something that has some sort of authority. Could be a teacher, it could be you know, someone who's like instructing you, a mentor a boss. Think about that kind of resource of hopefully support, but you got you know, it's time to question it, right, And what rules do you pay attention to? Like there are rules that you know that, there are rules you adbyde bye, and there also rules you blow off. Pay attention to that just like just I'm inviting you to consider these things as we talk about how Pluto was you know in Capricorn. And also about your material world. What has changed? So Pluto entered Capricorn, and that was your question, my lilf Right, Pluto entered Capricorn in two thousand and eight. And when we think about all these things about rules and authority and resources, two thousand and eight is when Pluto, this planet, this energy that digs deep to find the essence and surface it in this house of resources and money and rules and organizations and leadership and authority, and it surfaces all these loans from the mortgages, right and dot com companies, and they just surfaced it and said there is no there there poof and our whole monetary system almost broke, right, it almost broke. This is the power of Pluto. Right. So when you think about what your world was in two thousand and seven, right, two thousand and five versus today, like that, during the entire time Pluto's bending Capricorn, reorganizing money, reorganizing government right two thousand and eight, no one was talking about our democracy being at risk. Right, twenty twenty four, people are concerned that this will be our last election. I'm just and this isn't about politics. I want you to see the patterns of how this planet affects these areas in this house of moving, you know, out of Capricorn, Like it's really reorganized our entire Capricorn structure. That's the power of astrology. Does this make.
Speaker 1: Sense if you're asking me, yes, because like my head is twir Lean, It's like, wow, that's yeah. It's because in two thousand and eight, you know, it was there's no there, there, there's mortgages should have never been, right they transacted, yeah, because they were. It was vapor its paper. It was you know, lending money to people who probably shouldn't have had that level of debt responsibility, which is exactly what happened. And then you know you have the dot com which I was actually involved in when we were living in San Francisco specifically, and a lot of those because we call it the dot bomb, right, because that's what happened, because there were In fact, it's so funny. I of course have to add this because I have nothing really else to add. Is I was just telling somebody about one of the accounts I worked on because I worked at this ad agency called Kara back in the early two thousands, late nineties, late nineties. Maybe anyway, does that part doesn't matter, but it was an account and it was a search engine and it was called look Smart. So if anybody who's been alive long enough to know that that was a search option. I worked on that account. And the thing is, they didn't have anything special than anybody else did, and it was obviously Google that ended up, you know, kind of winning that race because there were a lot of different search engines at the time. And I went through this list of all these clients I worked on that no longer exist because they were there was no there there, and you know, there was no there there with a lot of the dot coms. There's also we have also found that I think we've been going through and we'll continue too, there's been no there there with a lot of the apps right that we've had, like you might have downloaded and like, what the hell have I done? May get rid of this thing or it's not useful or it's wasting my time or whatever it may be. And by the way, we're getting ready to enter into what AI is is there's no there there, So just as a warning, we're going to hit another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this makes a lot of sense, and we're going to talk about that in a minute. But I just I invite people to think about like even you were talking about how like with when you left Fox, Yes, and you were free right the schedule. You can do what you want, and that was great for a while, but you actually like the structure.
Speaker 1: Structure. Yeah. So I just finished my first week back in corporate again, and because I had realized that I'm better in structure.
Speaker 2: Some structure, not all, not all. But before before, like before two thousand and eight, we probably were just so used to so much structure, we didn't even think about not having structure, right. And so now as Pluto has come out of Capricorn, now you have your lesson around structure, right. And this is my point of bringing up and reflecting on this Capricorn energy. And now we're going into Aquarium energy. So as of Saturday the twentieth, Pluto has moved into Aquarius and it will be here until September first, and then we'll take a short from September first to November nineteenth, it'll slip back into Capricorn for one more last gasp, and then it will be in Aquarius until twenty forty four.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I stop you really quickly on this? You know that the presidential elections will be early November of twenty twenty four. I am well aware, and we're going to be back in Capricorn at that time. About structure, that's the dicey part. I was going to gloss over that, but yes, no, well, because that's interesting, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: It's a little dicey. It's a little dicey, right, because this small but mighty planet is really moving through things. So it's literally the last time it'll be in Capricorn for two hundred fifty years about So, yeah, it's a really big closure. September through November nineteenth is going to be a really big closure, y'all. So yeah, it's big, but we're not talking. We're now talking about it going into Aquarius. As of Saturday, January twentieth, moved into Aquarius and Rais is the house. So we take all that Pluto energy digging deep to find the true essence, to digging deep to you know, have all the surface stuff peel away to see where and how you can transform into freedom, like that's what it's always inviting you to transform into freedom, a higher vibe. And so with that, actually, before I get there, we should probably take a break.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, and I'm also blown away, so I need a second here free, so we'll be back, y'all. Hold on, Okay, Oh we're back. I just called my therapist to go school, going back into Capricorn for the US presidential election. But with that aside, Brenda tell us about Aquarius.
Speaker 2: Okay, soel Aquarius. This is the energy that Pluto will be moving into. It will house it, right really, except for that small break over our election, It'll be housed until twenty forty four. So this is for many of us, it is the last time we will see Blueto change houses. Right, We'll be off the planet before twenty forty four. So with that, the energy of Aquarius is all about collective like groups, tribes. It's breakthrough innovation and technology. So this conversation about AI, like when you're saying there's no no, they're there, like and again this summer, Pluto's snuck in to Aquarius just for a little bit around June, just for a couple of weeks, and then it popped back out and right, so it gave us this little preview, and that's when a lot of AI came forward.
Speaker 1: Right, Chat GPT baby Lass summer yeah, exactly right, yeah, lined up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so this is also the house of quirky and nerdy and strong Peter Vigitalism.
Speaker 1: Was that Peter, Sorry, y'all, it is. I joke with Brendan David. He is like the most brilliant, amazing human man, and he is quirky and he is brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so this is like, bring it, you bring your quirky to the to the party, because this is your hour, it really is.
Speaker 1: This isn't your two decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is embrace it and it's going to be awesome because we are the tribes. Will create the comfort for individual expression, which will push back on the structure that you Pluta moving through. Capricorn has softened, right, so all these really rigid places have to create space for individuality, which is already starting right you You for those those rules that when the companies are like you have to come back to work, and people are like, I don't think so, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and it's funny that's actually happening. There's yeah, I've heard about there's like mandatory Monday to come in and then you get to pick the other two days. But they you can't have two in a row is what I've heard. Anyway, there's all sorts of interesting ways that they're doing it well.
Speaker 2: And different companies are doing different things, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're doing different things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, And when before have you heard of companies without formal protests, without unions, absolutely accommodating individual needs like this. It's unheard of, It's unprecedented, and it's so exciting because this is that quirky no, we got this, We're good. You can take your rules and whatever you.
Speaker 1: Know and stick them up your bomb because it's and also part of what they're also dealing with too, is where I guess we were in Capricorn. I mean, we obviously were Capricorn at the time of like the lockdowns for COVID nineteen, and that is what is driving still so much of everybody actually that are white collar again.
Speaker 2: Pluto moved into Aqueries in March of twenty twenty twenty two. Funny, oh right, just just for a little bit. So we've had these little dips come in now, right literally the month that the US locked down. Right, and remember Aquarius holds tribes, communities, social gatherings, and Pluto moves in and says, no, you don't get together anymore. You don't get together. No, we can't do that, right, Like, what's what's happening? Right? And Aquarius is about revolution, it's about creativity, and it's about this invitation to truly be yourself. So you have this Pluto energy you know, that says, look at the essence of you, and this Aquarius energy that says freedom, choose, freedom, right to express, and so it's really powerful. Wow, it's so exciting. Wow.
Speaker 1: So I I am always so grateful when you educate us, me being you know, a listener right now, I just happen to have a front roast eat and because it really does make you think, and it makes you think about, Okay, this is what's happening. These are the decisions I have. This is where I can get the most and happiest part of who I am being who I am, because that's really where we're heading into, right or we're into right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in it again. We'll be after yes September first through November nineteenth. Yeah. Other than that one. So the other thing to remember is that like Pluto is moving through these first two degrees of Aquarius, of the heut of Aquarius, right, and then it goes back into capricorna but it takes literally two years to just even move two degrees, like it's in their thirty degrees in a house. So it's with retrogrades like it just it's going to take a really long time. So we have lots of time to work with this, excavating our true essence. Be gentle with yourself. This is and a time to like, I'm gonna do this in two weeks, Like, don't do that.
Speaker 1: That's an ELF move.
Speaker 2: I know. So be gentle, be kind, let it unfold, be honoring, be spacious with it, stay hydrated all the things.
Speaker 1: And if you get tripped up, stop, drop and roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah always always right.
Speaker 1: Wow, this was incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's good. It's good in Poto half and and pay.
Speaker 1: To the stars y'all because yeah, I mean, Brenna just laid out for us what what Capricorn was for us and the thing that how how our behaviors followed that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so embrace what how can you revolutionize your expression your offer in the world, Like challenge yourself to be new, to release some habits that you've been meaning to release, anyhow that cover up your true essence or don't serve you that are too conforming, Like just really embrace and let people know, Hey, I'm really going to work for this. You know, I get I slip back sometimes, and so I just want you to know that this is a priority for me. Like be bold with your declarations to your support team, right to your tribe and let them, let them support you and ask them how how they're going to shift and expand and innovate their own expressions.
Speaker 1: This is incredible.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so I mean for me personally, thank you. Also, thank you from all of our listeners because of this rocked like an asteroid.
Speaker 2: Nicely played. Thank you absolutely, and remember I just want to say one more thing, right Pluto being the planet of death and rebirth. When when you get scared, not if, because it can be a surprise what goes away when you get scared because you think you're losing your control or power. Remember your inner power can never be taken away from you. You always have the choice for how you want to respond, and just be spacious and whenever possible, if you can't come up with like I choose to be graceful, I choose love, stay silent until you can find that space within you, right, so you don't do damage to yourself or someone else. Just say I'm going to take a minute. I'm going to take some time with this.
Speaker 1: That's great, that's great. Wow. Okay, so y'all you now have the insight to be prepared like it is always so beneficial to know what to expect, right because we will always behave differently when we know what's coming. So you now know what's coming. This is fantastic.
Speaker 2: Good but thanks for listening everybody, and remember her school is.
Speaker 1: Hard without the planet slash asteroid Dame Pluto. Thanks everybody, have a good one.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us everyone, and a special thanks to our producer Joey pat and our executive producer Maya Cole Howard, who guides us while we guide.
Speaker 1: You hit us up on Instagram at other Side Guides, or shoot us a note at high Hi at vibes dot store.
Speaker 2: We want to know what you think, We want to know what you know, and we want to hear your stories.
Speaker 1: And remember, her school is hard without the other Side. Insider's Guide to the Other Side is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Spotify app podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.