Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: This takes a look at some of the stocks on the move today. I'm Paul Swingeing alongside Norm Melinda. We're joined by Bloomberg's Billy Lipschutz Billy, What are you looking at today?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I want to start with home builder Leonard ticker l e N right now down two point six percent, treating at the lowest level since mid August. The stock is down more than thirty percent in the last twelve months. This comes after not only did they miss earnings on their third quarter results, but also the guidance for four Q falling short of expectations. It's been a tough market for home builders. When you see a company again that missed the street estimates for three Q and then not only new orders but delivery is also falling short for that guidance for the fourth quarter, that stock's under a bit of pressure. One of the worst performers in the SP five hundred. We're also seeing a number of peers under pressure. It's a tough spot, tough market. Will the FED cutting interest rates spark demand for new homes? Laura, I don't know, Maybe I think med, But it certainly feels like it's a choppy space. And obviously you still deal with uncertainty around tariffs and the questions around the drivers for the FED cut interest rates and what that could ultimately mean for would be home buyers.
Speaker 3: Certainly a choppy market here for homebuilders. But if you do look at S one to five home the index year to date up thirteen percent this year. So, I mean, it is a challenging home market, as you're pointing out, especially with the high rates. But it's interesting to see the green there on a year to date basis. What else are you keeping your eye on here?
Speaker 1: Billy, Yeah, talking about the green, Let's look at a company, Core Weave Tick or CRWV, one of the best performing IPOs of the year, the stock up more than two hundred percent since pricing back in March. This is a company in the a cloud computing space, partner very closely with Nvidia. This move comes after an analyst at Loop recommended the stock to investors, saying that the company remains a material there's an underappreciation for how committed these hyperscalers are and kind of the hopes for AI and what this could ultimately mean. They the analysts laying out that they see potential for material upside to consensus estimates. The thing that's interesting with Corwy is this is one of the most divisive stocks on Wall Street eleven buys fourteen, holds three cells. So when you're seeing analysts coming out with kind of mixed views, a bowl does kind of get a little bit of excitement going. But certainly this is a stock that is still down about sixty bucks from its closing high back in June. So a lot of questions around the path forward for AI. Hyperscalers and companies that are playing in that computing space.
Speaker 3: Absolutely up two hundred and seventeen percent so far this year. Any other stocks we're looking at, Yeah, going.
Speaker 1: To touch on into it. Tax preparation. I don't know if you guys are doing your tax as yourself.
Speaker 2: You gotta guy, you gotta guy exactly.
Speaker 1: I gotta get too, So I think I'll pay up to not have to worry about it. This is a company ticker i INTU, up about two percent. This comes after the company held an analyst day The interesting thing, guys, the company was talking about twenty thirty goals of accelerating revenue growth through about twenty percent. That's a big move for this company, analystis sefol basically saying regardless if they reach that quote lofty goal, there's still a push to move further up market and what that could mean for the company, benefiting not only their revenue growth but also their margin expansion. But again, a stock that is down from a July high about fourteen percent, zo choppy performance for into it.
Speaker 2: There the Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.