Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and that's what you really missed. Holiday edition, Wow edition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know about that edition. Okay. Yeah, talking is hard.
Speaker 1: It's the holidays. I'm tired. Merry Christmas, Kevin, Happy Konza, Happy Holidays, Happy.
Speaker 2: Honkah, Happy holidays everyone. This is fine, this is fun. Jenn. I would like to say, as someone who has known Jenna for a very long time, Jenna used to hate Christmas music. Yep, everything about it. And then I was at Jenna's a couple of weeks ago and there's there are several Christmas trees, there's lots of decorations. She's talking about Christmas music.
Speaker 1: I'm listening to Christmas music December first.
Speaker 3: I am change.
Speaker 2: Is it because you have a daughter?
Speaker 1: Yes? Absolutely, It's like brand new eyes, like fresh fresh eyes. I am seeing things very differently. We see Siana every year. We celebrate every night of Hannah, we do Hanukkah, we do like she's making out this year. I'm getting gifts, we're rapping, we're doing Christmas lights. We're going to the zoo to see the Christmas animals. It's just really fun. It's really really fun. She understand the concept of like the presence. She does, because the other the other day for Hanukkah, it was like the fifth night, and she had started to kind of get into the groove that like every night she gets like a small present after we light the candles and sing some songs. And it was midday and I put the present under the tree because I figured, oh, like, you know, she doesn't quite get it yet all all, you know, and we'll bring it to her. Well, midday I'm in the kitchen and I hear like she's opening her and I no, no, that's not till Yeah, she got to. But I was like, all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: She's in it. She's going to be devastated when the holidays are over.
Speaker 1: I know, what are we going to do? She's just gonna have to play with all her brand new stuff. Anyway, this is very exciting. What so you guys, we have some fun mini holiday episodes for you for the rest of the year before we get back into our recafs and guests. And we are so happy that the strike is over, our contract was ratified. We're going to welcome back some really fun cast members, and we're really excited for twenty twenty four to dive into the rest of season three.
Speaker 3: So happy holidays everybody.
Speaker 2: If you need time away from the family, these episodes always serve as a great like, you know, I have some work to do, and you just put us on. We're your work. We're the office call.
Speaker 1: That's what we're here.
Speaker 2: So there's an emergency at work. Oh, I have to study for this thing that I forgot about next semester. That's us.
Speaker 3: That's what we're here. You're welcome, Kevin. What are you doing for the holiday? Where are you.
Speaker 2: Texas for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, but on actual Christmas Day, I'm leaving Texas somewhere fun. Yeah.
Speaker 3: For New Year's Oh my goodness. How exciting.
Speaker 2: I'll be in Brazil.
Speaker 3: You've been there a few times now, huh.
Speaker 2: I think this will be my maybe thirteenth or fourteen to Brazil.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Amazing. I mean you could basically get your seasonship.
Speaker 2: I wish.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's very cool. Ever, I'm jealous. I'm jealous.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited. I'll be there for a couple of weeks, so it'll be very very fun.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 2: I used to spend every New Year's there for several years, even during Glee.
Speaker 3: That's right, you'd have to come back a lot faster though, Yeah, but I will.
Speaker 2: I'll say that. I will talk about that in the next episode. I talked about New Year's things. But for this I went karaokeing with my family. What it was not my idea. It's not something we do as a family. Okay, so it's not like a tradition, not at all. But my brother, one of my brothers, wanted to go karaoke, has been planning like for weeks, and so round it up us and like his friends and one of my other brother's friends to go karaoking, which was just I was a little scared.
Speaker 1: Did you sing any Glee songs? Hell? No? Did you do any songs that we've done on Glee? No? Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah I did. Uh maybe that's a lie. Maybe yeah, because I didn't do it on Glee. So then I forgot. We did so many songs. There's no way to not.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I'm saying. That's why I was like.
Speaker 2: I also forced my entire family to go see the Renaissance movie.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 2: I'm a good son.
Speaker 1: You are a good son, You're a very good sim and you know you're Edgie hitting them.
Speaker 2: My dad said, He's like, well, you know, I'd probably never normally see it. He's like, that just doesn't seem like. I'm like, yeah, I know, I go, but you understand good entertainment and you appreciate good artistry. He's like, well, yeah, I do, of course I do. I'm like, and I know you like Beyonce. He's like, well, yeah, she's incredible. It's like, so you're welcome.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of you, Kevin. That's really great, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Pro says the gift that keeps on giving. You can't not go see her perform, either live or the movie and walk away being like that was bad. I didn't like that, right, so was I.
Speaker 1: I usually am in New York for Christmas, and I am not.
Speaker 3: I am currently in.
Speaker 1: La Presibly, it's been okay, you know, Sadly, it's it's hard because I don't see my family that many times a year.
Speaker 3: The last time I saw him was my Christmas.
Speaker 1: So it's it's hard though, when you know how it can't and they are not a good traveler at this age. It's just it is what it is. Every parent I've ever talked to is like, this is the age where you just don't you don't travel unless they're like the miracle baby that's like sits in front of a table water is very still, and she's just not that person.
Speaker 3: So it makes it really difficult for us and mainly for me.
Speaker 1: And so we decided to give Emma Hankah and her Christmas in our own home, which is exciting because yeah, you know, it's special and she has to wake up on Tomorrow morning and open all the gifts under the tree and we did Hanukkah and earlier in December, and it's just really special. It's it's really fun. And we have this like air like new Menora that Emma's grandma got us and we pull it out every year. So there's just like new traditions actually being made, which is exciting too. But usually on Christmas c you will go get like Italian food, So I'm trying to do something Italian tonight and then tomorrow we will figure it out. And then my nieces, who we usually do while we're there, we do.
Speaker 3: A gingerbread house every year.
Speaker 1: So the year of COVID when we did not go home, and you and I spent Christmas together, yes, which was very fun. We did a zoom gingerbread house. We bought the same gingerbread house and then we designed it together.
Speaker 3: And so we're going to do that.
Speaker 1: Again over the break this year so that we can celebrate together.
Speaker 2: That's so sweet. Yeah, oh technology.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's it's like the worst and the best. And I'm grateful for this holidays when.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's hard when you're a kid and you go somewhere else, I think for Christmas because it's so special to be like wake up at your own home and see the tree and go to the presence, and so that's that's nice. You were able to build in your own home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see them soon. And the travel holiday travel is just bonkers. So we did it last year and she cried both ways six hours and we just went on a flight recently. It was half the time of New York and it was I was unwell, it was really unwell. So we just said we have to wait a little bit till she gets a little bit older, like figure it out. I don't know what the thing is. If anybody wants to write it and tell me if they have any tricks.
Speaker 3: She did. She won't sit in front of a TV like it's just not her thing.
Speaker 2: I have some Christmas related questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we watched a Christmas movie every every.
Speaker 2: Night of like, oh, just name some of them. Okay, no, what has been your favorite so far?
Speaker 1: Well? Elf had its twenty year anniversary this year, and Elf has definitely been number one on my list for a long time. My brother and I would watch Christmas Story every year and National Lampoon that's also on the top of my list. And then we watched die Hard because it is a Christmas movie. It's a Christmas movie. You should watch it over the break.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, do you have a least favorite Christis movie?
Speaker 3: Honestly?
Speaker 1: No, who has a lease fit? I mean maybe the Gell Christmas? Oh, I have a funny story. So Emma met there this year? Oh no, we went to our very good friend Alessandra's house, who has a daughter, Lady, who is just a few weeks younger than Emma, and.
Speaker 3: Lady loves the.
Speaker 2: Grinch, and uh why does that fit?
Speaker 1: I know it really is. She's just such a character. The Grinch can and is a really really good costume. And the Grinch is like a monster essentially, Like it's not Sanna who like she kind of didn't like it was like the Grinch, and I've never seen the sheer terror in like in her body and on her face was actually like a lar. I was like very upset about it because she looked petrified and she said no, no, no, and like ran away, like ran away and would not let go of me, and then was clocking him throughout the party, looking over my shoulder trying to see where he.
Speaker 2: Was keeping track of him.
Speaker 1: Yes, which like good instincts, girlfriend, but still, I've never in her tiny eighteen months of life seeing her like that, and it was really jarring. She was so like we went to Disney, she didn't want to Mansion. She's fine, like no issues, but the Grinch was really and to be fair, he's a creepy character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he is anyway understandable.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite holiday song?
Speaker 2: Well, here's what I went to a little Christmas to get together a couple days ago, and they went around. We all went around and were asking your favorite Christmas song, but also your most the song you think is most overrated I really don't like so I think my favorite Christmas song is probably White Christmas, but like the Bing Crosby version. But I also love a Holy Night like Celia a Holy Night. Yes, Christmas songs I think are overrated. I don't like baby It's Cold Outside, and I kind of don't like Last Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh I love Last Christmas.
Speaker 2: Sh Wow. I know it's an unpopular opinion. I don't I don't love it. Of the newer songs, I think Katie Clarkson's Tree excellent so good.
Speaker 3: Emma likes that one of the best.
Speaker 2: Because I have a harder time with the newer Christmas music always. But I do think that Kelly Clarkson song Oh Boy, well.
Speaker 1: Christina Aguilar is all the Christmas album still slaps.
Speaker 2: Look, Clay Aiken had a great Curty's album, Celine Dion's Billy Gilman.
Speaker 1: Selene's I gotta pull that one out for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, Holy Night. We all played it. This party was like a lot of singers, okay, like very like professional background singers, like and artists, because you know, if you can be an artist and a background singer, you're like actually an incredible vocalist. We're like, I can fake it enough. These people are unreal, And so we were talking, Oh my god, By the way, have you heard Brandy's Christmas album?
Speaker 3: No Jenna, Okay, that's on my list.
Speaker 2: She doesn't do what with her daughter? No has like the same voice or toy slightly different, but it can do all the crazy runs that Brandy does. It is It is exactly what you'd want it to be. It's insane. But we all so every time someone bring up a song they liked, and we'd all sit there and like, listen to it. And so we listened to Celine DION'SO Holy Night, and she's just like, it's easy for her for you know, most of that song, ninety percent of that song, and then she just hits a couple of notes at the end. She's like, don't worry, I got it.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 2: Where are you?
Speaker 1: You know, there's a few, there's very few Christmas songs. I don't like Up on the rooftop, Up on the roof up. It feels like more kiddish to me. But don't like that song. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town. Could do without it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a big one.
Speaker 1: People said that could do without it? And obviously jingle bells could do without it. Favorite Christmas song, Oh Holy is up there for sure?
Speaker 2: That's my shower song.
Speaker 3: Some Hallylujah, I like some Hallelujah?
Speaker 2: Is that a Christmas song?
Speaker 3: I mean it's on the Panatonics one.
Speaker 2: I like that one there.
Speaker 3: I like the Christmas song.
Speaker 2: The classics are the classics, like they stood the test of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, but anything's clean down now. I'm like, I gotta go back and listen to that Christmas time because I don't know what we wasted month.
Speaker 3: A wasted month you have.
Speaker 2: You have the next twenty four hours to really just get those streams in well before we let people.
Speaker 3: Go back to their Christmas vacation. There's a few games I'd like to play.
Speaker 2: Kevin, Great, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Would you rather oh, yes, okay?
Speaker 1: Would you rather have to sing carols off key for the entire day?
Speaker 2: Easy?
Speaker 3: Or wear a sandas suit to a summer barbecue.
Speaker 2: Sing carols off key? Because that would be be trying to sing Carol Christmas Carol on key, And.
Speaker 1: That's just me generally. I'm like, oh God, would you rather tinsel for hair or jingle bells for ear rings?
Speaker 4: Oh, who has very but very I don't know, well, origin would you rather have to eat fruitcake for every meal?
Speaker 3: I don't give them.
Speaker 1: That's sounds like you, or or drink hot cocoa with pickles this holiday season?
Speaker 2: Was that a slur? Jenna? Are you calling me a fruitcake?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: It's sweet, you're sweet spurs.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, Yeah, you got sugar in your tank.
Speaker 3: Only drink hot coco with pickles.
Speaker 2: I think I would too, Okay, and I actually would like to try that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I honestly don't know what we've been thinking where we've been. Would you rather have your holiday dinner cooked by a famous chef or by your favorite fictional holiday character? I was going to say the same thing.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, statue chicken.
Speaker 1: You know before we go where you're going to rank the glue Christmas episodes? Okay, great, we have episode two, Season two, episode ten, a very Glee Christmas. The music, No, no, no, he's just had the music.
Speaker 3: This is a reminder, a simple reminder.
Speaker 2: What was oh got it? Okay?
Speaker 1: That season episode had baby it's cold outside. We need a little Christmas. Last Christmas, Christmas, Darling, most wonderful day of the year. Welcome Christmas and you're I mean one, mister Grinch, which is the most I think memorable of the for the episode.
Speaker 3: Okay, ye do the NaSTA?
Speaker 2: Okay. Season three episode nine, Extraordinary Merry Christmas, which is what we just did. Let it snow? Do they know it's Christmas? All I want for Christmas is you extraordinary Merry Christmas. Santa Claus is coming to town Christmas wrapping my favorite things, River Blue Christmas, and Santa Baby, you need a nap after that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Season four episode Tangly actually have yourself the merry Little Christmas, Please nob me done the first and while White Christmas honak o'honnakah and jingle Bell Rock.
Speaker 2: Season five episode eight, previously unaired Christmas Love Child away in the Manger, rocking around the Christmas Tree, Mary's little Boy Child. Here comes Santa Claus the Chipmunk song. Okay, let's go worse to best that one.
Speaker 3: Previously on air. Christmas is the worst?
Speaker 2: Yeah I broke, Yeah, not one. Not my favorite. Some of those numbers were insane, yeah.
Speaker 3: Very crazy. Next up would be season four episode ten Lee.
Speaker 2: Actually, I kind of think this might go in sequential order.
Speaker 1: I feel like it might as well backwards though, yes, okay, so season four, episode ten, we're rating third.
Speaker 2: I mean the thing is I like it's a toss up between these two for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going with Okay, so it doesn't go in order, So we've got previously unaired as number four. Glee actually is number three. I'm going to go a very Glee Christmas. Number two an extraordinary marry one.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go in order. Then I think two for me is extraordinary Merry Christmas. But I love Christmas wrapping so much. I love it. Christ Social is so good. I don't know. No, Yeah, okay, fine, then i'll number one a very Glee Christmas.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's tracks okay, everybody. Well, we hope we're having a wonderful holiday break and you are getting RESTful and relaxing time and enjoying it all. And if you're not, that's okay too. Twenty twenty four is around the corner. We can't wait for what's in store, and we thank you for joining us for twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Come back for our little treat of a New Year's episode. And that's what you really missed, and that's what you really missed. You would think I would learn the title of the show Merry Christmas, have the howadays? Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.