Speaker 1: And so you guys are out there at every practice. You guys watch us all the time. But there's a special teams perier where I catch the footballs and I I could observe you guys, and you guys really need to up your sneaker game.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely atrocious.
Speaker 1: I got some Viomaro's. Those are fire and Grant wears vans every single day. New balances. They look like vans. Yeah, those are vans. It's okay, but you wears every day, so I need to switch those up. But I observe all you guys's shoes, and I am disappointed in you guys as a community. So we could up those police. It's year eight, guys, let's figure this out together. Okay, Now it's all you guys.
Speaker 3: You gave a people got a good glimpse of the setup you had in Nashville with your front players back and stuff was on social media. In the field, in the weight room, I'd me asking, how much do you think you spent over the years on making yourself a better football player?
Speaker 1: That's a great question. I mean, I think I learned a lesson early on in my career. My agent told me, he was like, you know, what you're a fit thround draft pick. You know, you don't have like nothing's guaranteed, you don't know how long you're gonna play. But when it comes to your body, that's your business. So spend money on your body. As long as that you're not doing stupid stuff like you don't need to go buy three cars, you don't need to buy everything that you want, watches and stuff like that. But when it comes to your body, ask the vet's what they do, and then spend money on your body. And I've done that, you know, every single year to try to get back to one hundred percenters, you know, make myself better every single year in the best way possible. You know, my facility itself probably cost me like a million dollars. I had something that you know, I had a dream about, and you know, if you build it, they will come field a dreams reference there, little Iowa stuff, And that was my goal is just I want a football field. I want to train facility. I like to train with other guys, So I wanted to have enough space. I have anywhere from twelve to sixteen guys almost every single day of the entire offseason.
Speaker 2: It's a fantastic time.
Speaker 1: I like to put myself around really talented football players to one compete against them to see how they're doing, but also to bring them along with me because I feel like I trained at a really high level of the time and so also being able to trade like six offensive linemen every single day. So I have guys that do pass pro with I have guys who do run game stuff with old pads who know how to do stuff, and then train out there with tight ends.
Speaker 2: It's always great.
Speaker 1: And then I love training with Trent Taylor all year round because he's one of the best released guys I think I've ever seen, you know, just his lateral quickness and how to get off the line of scrimmage versus guys. And I don't know if I can do all the things that he does, but I try to copy some of the things that he does.
Speaker 2: I take that in, you know, my tool belt.
Speaker 1: Other than that, you know, I do a lot of you know, I've been a very big advocate for stem cells and stuff like that. I try to advocate that to all players across the leagues. I think it's very beneficial, it's totally legal, and it's very good for you. But uh yeah, I mean, I spend a lot of money in my body because but you know, at the end of the day too, it's if whatever, you if you spend fifty thousand dollars on your body one off season, it gets you one more year in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Like what vet minimum's over a million dollars. So I think that's a pretty good investment.
Speaker 3: When you got when you have the guys that you place in Nashville, how did that plan come about?
Speaker 2: And how long was it? Just to have everyone there? That was my wife's ideal. It was all Claire. She's like, hey, yeah, what you guys are here?
Speaker 1: You know, this group of you guys that aren't playing, you might as well, like you're going to go to you know, Vanderbilt a local high school, or you can go to your place. And I'm twenty five minutes from the hotel we were staying at. So uh got in contact with you know, our head string coat Dush and Perry Michael Slap and brought it up to Kyle. He's like, yeah, George, you really want to do that. I'm like, have the Niners in my house? Of course I want to do that. So just being able to have the guys out there, and I think a lot of guys too, you know, they've never been around, you know, seventy five acres in the country, you know, with a gym and the field on it too, So it just kind of gives them a different perspective on, you know, how their guys live and how their guys trained. So if I can inspire them to, you know, put a little bit more effort in their off seasons, maybe I'll take that.
Speaker 2: Any day of the.
Speaker 3: Week, plans start to come in motion.
Speaker 1: If I have my phone, I'd asked my wife, but I think she went over my head. I think she called Michael slap directly. I was like, yeah, you're good, sweet. Do you have his number?
Speaker 2: You do? You? What was it?
Speaker 1: This brief exchange you had with you a few of you guys while he was watching practice today? You saw that I shouldn't he be watching practice? Sure we're in Red for the first time too.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: No, there wasn't. Has he Warner Pirates had out there? That's hilarious. I mean, I love Ayuk. I've played with him, uh for four years. I love his mindset. Every single day. You guys asked Mooey, like, you know, do you guys miss him, and I think Moody answered it perfect. It's like, you know, we haven't played a game without him yet, so as an offense, we don't know how much like his pieces are, like you interchange pieces all the time, and like, you know, we've had Trent Williams hurt in a game and we've still won. So it's like, yeah, you miss him, but you can make do with it. So we don't know right at the end of the day, but I do know that a Yuke is a fantastic football player and the energy that he brings every single day, this elevates us. So just being able to have a conversation with him, because you know, I don't see him all the time. I'm in camp mode, and just being able to have a conversation with him is fantastic, just to you know, how he's doing and if everything's going away the way that he wanted to go.
Speaker 2: And it was actually fine.
Speaker 1: We went to dinner on one of our off nights and we're pulling out of the out of the out of Valet and he parks into Valet and so just seeing him, I was like, hey, I haven't seen a couple of days. Man, how are you doing so so just a chance to see him is always fantastic. Love a smile on his face.
Speaker 4: George, what has it been like to have Trent Taylor back here?
Speaker 2: Phenomenal? What else? Yes, you know, it's fun.
Speaker 1: They put us across the hall in the hotel together, so we get to hang out a little bit there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Trince, like I said, I work out with him every off season. He's a guy who he just grinds every single day. He does it the right way. He knows what's expected of him every single day. I think you guys have watched in training camp too, Like he has probably the most catches besides Debo, Like, he catches everything you throw to him. He gets open on the routes that you wouldn't expect him to open on, like some long routes. He's does everything where that you wanted to do it. I mean, you guys saw he's blocking his tail off in the preseason game. He probably played fifty snaps in the preseason game, and he's like complaining about it. He's just out there playing football. So like he's everything that you want in a teammate and as a.
Speaker 2: Forty nine er.
Speaker 1: So I'm just glad that we had the opportunity to bring him back there. And I'm also having like a lot of stability at punt returner makes me really happy. It's not I might have to ever have to worry about because I think Trent, you know, his whole career has been like top five, top ten most of his career, two and partner turning, So that always makes me really happy when I don't worry about special teams.
Speaker 4: I thought you, I think, where say a Hall of Fame trajectory in your career and maybe if you retired now, But do you ever think about that or like if you were just staging your career, Like, you know, I've accomplished a lot, I'd like to kind of submit my legacy.
Speaker 2: I think if you think like that, it's pretty dangerous.
Speaker 1: And I've just tried to have the same mindset since I, you know, got in here as a rookie is just a practice my ass off every single day, and.
Speaker 2: Like, if you show up here every single day and you played.
Speaker 1: At incredibly high level, then you're gonna continually find yourself on the field and continually find yourself and having opportunities to make amazing plays and continue to further your legacy or whatever that is.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I know I'm been going into year eight.
Speaker 1: I've played good football, but I mean I got plenty of great football off in front of me, so I all I'm going to focus on is one day at a time, and whenever that time comes, it'll happen. And you know, whenever the whenever the wheels fall off, that happens. And I don't really expect that to happen anytime soon, but I try not to think about it like that. There's a lot of great players on this football team that allowed me to better myself every single day. Holy cow, guys, you both get one.
Speaker 2: I was gonna go to him first.
Speaker 3: A couple of tight ends that are impressive, so had that pancake.
Speaker 2: In the game fantastic and then the young kid.
Speaker 3: Playing looks good.
Speaker 2: What do you think of those two guys so far? You know, it's fun.
Speaker 1: Eric Sobert just same draft class and knowing him a little bit throughout our career.
Speaker 2: I always love talking to him. He's a great dude. He Uh. What I really like about him is he has a fantastic mindset.
Speaker 1: He was like, you know, I'm gonna come out there I'm gonna hit people, and I'm gonna try to get better run blocking. I'm gonna try to figure out the way you guys run the football. And just to see his how he's gotten better in our scheme from.
Speaker 2: OTAs to now, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: And just to see him every single day go out go at it with that work ethic. And I means like I have a sense of humor once in a while, so having he also has a sense of humor. So having that bantern in our tidend room is fantastic because camp meetings get pretty long and occasionally boring, so yet they're always you know, refresh yourself to try to stay focused on the little things, and so having him in there is fantastic. But he understands and he he gets like the standard of the level of play that tidens in this room when a play up. And that was something that we talked about when I had John Imber here's my Titenans coach, and he kind of established that he was, you know, we're gonna play at this standard. If you're not playing at this standard, you're not gonna be in this room. And so he had Inbo for training camp last year in Miami, and so he kind of understands that. So he came right in this room and fit right in because he knows how we want to play football, and like he's seen how you know, Charlie Warner and ROSTWELLI played and like just the level of that they played at. And so for him just to come in and accept that and just grind. I've really appreciate that my guy Mason playing. Uh, he's everything you want in a rookie. You know, he makes some dumb mistakes once in a while, but I I made a ton of dumb mistakes when I was a rookie, and he's doing a good job of not making the same mistake twice. He's learning from his mistakes. But he gives fantastic effort every single time he's out there. He's you know, he leaves every practice practice exhausted, which you should do as a rookie because most roogies don't get a lot of reps. But he's just flying around everywhere, so he's exhausted, and I really appreciate that from him. And he does all the extra meetings with our titand coaches, and he's always just very eager. He's always asking questions and I really appreciate that. And he's just a really good rookie who understands that you know, you're not getting a lot of reps, but whenever they come to you, you have to take advantage of the opportunity. I said him first, she said one last time, and you still got an excellent at the end.
Speaker 2: Anyways, so we're gonna go there, and then there.
Speaker 3: Maybe the complete opposite or a Hall of Fame question.
Speaker 1: In Monday's practice, the ball was thrown to you an awful lot and a practice like that, I mean, is it is it designed that way or does it just kind of happen? And also coming off of a game and other ones were getting the only ones that got reps, But like, is there something about setting a tone that type of a practice.
Speaker 2: Setting a tone?
Speaker 1: Yes, because it's like, uh, like the star as we had an off day, travel day, game, off day, and then you have that practice, so like you haven't practiced a while, so you need to go out there, you need to run, you need to do stuff. So you want to go out there, and it's not like a job through practice. You want to go out there and you're like, well, you're it's not gonna be the hardest practice of your career and you're not in pads, like you still got to go out there and work on stuff. So definitely setting the tone you want to go out there and take advantage of those reps. I cannot tell you why the ball found me multiple times, you know, that's just kind of like, you know, every game I play, it's like I have one target, I have twelve targets. It just is what it is, and I'm happy to catch the ball and it's thrown to me. Yes, Jennifer Williams, Yes, it did.
Speaker 3: Same thing with being out there.
Speaker 1: Is it like you don't miss him because it hasn't been week one yet. Yeah, Trip Williams is Trip Williams. You know, it's like the greatest football player to ever played the game. It's like him and Aaron Donald, I mean that I've played against, and you know, for all the people who are gonna, you know, list off like you know, nineties and eighties players. I'm sorry, but like the best I've ever played with. And so yes, he and he's also like a massive human being. He's a silver back, like he just has a presence to him and so yeah, not hav him in the locker room at all and stuff like that. It's weird, but you know, no one like we all love Trent and he's doing what he thinks is best for him, so it's okay. And I think Jayalen Moore is inn a good job of playing left tackle for us. And I also like, I appreciate getting extra reps because the one thing about Trent Williams is is I don't need to practice Trent that often because he's so good that it's more of me, like, hey, George, get out of the way so I can block this guy by myself. And I'm like, hey man, you make my job easier. So getting the extra reps with Jalen, I think is really beneficial because he's gotten a lot of snaps for us in the last couple of years, and so if I can get really good at working with him, Trent will just fit in seamlessly, not worried about it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys. Work on those sneakers please,