Speaker 1: And now Wilson comes to the left side Rogers in the shotgun hal to his right on third and sixteen, back to pass, Rogers looking to load up fires deep rainbow down.
Speaker 2: The field looking for Mike Williams, and it's intercepted.
Speaker 3: Tarren Johnson.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, a hu fungus interception by the nickel corner.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Taron Johnson, Welcome back to Trel Bernard, Welcome back to me.
Speaker 5: I'm back state side.
Speaker 4: The Buffalo Bills are back in first place in the AFC East. That was Chris Brown, of course, on the Bills Radio network. Bills get to win twenty three to twenty. On another entertaining primetime game, Aaron Rodgers. Nick Schook has a chance for the third straight week to go win a game on a drive down just a few points in the final minutes, and for the third straight week he comes up short. Second straight week, it's an interception on a pass intended for Mike Williams. Thank you, Nick, by the way, for keeping the home front warm and getting that Sunday night recap done just a night ago. And here you are right and off a good game tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll probably sleep better than Aaron Rodgers will right now, because the man is clearly frustrated. Despite the fact that the chain to Todd downing his play caller did produce better results offensively, it ultimately ends up with the same final result, which is a loss, and a loss in which he, like you said, targeted Mike Williams and got picked off to end their hopes and dreams. I mean, it's got to be a tough time for the Jets right now, but a big win for the Bills. Not because it was pretty, because we're not gonna lie here and say it was pretty for anybody. Statistically it was pretty visually, not so much because of all the penalties, but a huge win for them after losing two straight to get back on the right side of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the penalties were crazy. It finishes with I believe eleven penalties for both teams, the most penalty yards combined in any game this season, and it could have been even much higher because there were multiple plays in the second half where there were offsetting penalties, where there was a long PI that got called back because there was an offensive line holding penalty, and then just like matching holding. So the second half you're right, was ugly. The first half was it. I mean, the Bills offense played fantastic, But talking about that ending, I thought both quarterbacks played quite well in this game. Josh Allen very efficient making plays outside the pocket. Aaron Rodgers, I thought, probably at his best game as a Jets quarterback, and considering he's thrown one touchdown and eight interceptions on the season, like, I actually think he's played reasonably well, but he's come up short in these big spots, And it does make you think about the differences between two quarterbacks, Like at one point Aaron Rodgers was in the top five quarterbacks, right, and it's because he had so many different ways he could beat you. And you think about the way this game ended with them being able to blitz and get to him before that play in a couple times late, whereas Josh Allen, after that interception on third and five, fakes a pick to the right, runs to the left, and finishes the game like one of the best running quarterbacks of all time, which he is, so he can beat in so many different ways. And to me, it was a small difference in this game, but there was a difference in quarterbacks in this game.
Speaker 2: Now a small difference, but a massive difference when he came down to winning football. I mean, it's that simple. It's Josh Allen being able to extend plays, you know, throwing a pass on the run to Ray Davis for a pickup of forty two and a down they absolutely needed. It was the fastest speed by a ball carrier on a pass completed of that distance in the next gen stats era, I believe. I mean, that's what Josh Allen is capable of doing. And it's not that Aaron Rodgers played poorly because he didn't. You know, he's getting the ball out quickly, he's making the proper reads and everything else. I feel bad for him because for a stretch there, Tyron Smith was serving him up on a platter to aj A Panessa for sacks and crushing hits ones that drew penalty is still you know, they pile up on a guy like him. But yeah, Josh Allen, you know he's He's in the top three in the QB Index for a reason.
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 5: There we go. It's simple.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't be the only one doing self promotion on this show all the time. Yes, everyone should check out QB Index week after week Nick Shook killing it and yeah, what what is the top three right now? Must be Josh Allen, Lamar and Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was this past week it was Lamar, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, maybe Alan behind my homes.
Speaker 3: I think Allen was still.
Speaker 2: At my home.
Speaker 5: I might have Stroud right behind those.
Speaker 3: Stroud was fifth. Yeah, he was right there.
Speaker 5: Love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you look at Rogers' numbers. He takes five QB hits, three sacks, and yet he wasn't pressured that much. And so it's something that I've noticed throughout this season. He gets rid of the ball quickly for the most part, but when he does hold on to it, he tends to take a lot of hits and the word is out. I think in blitzing him that the Bills are not a heavy blitz team. But when they did blitz tonight, he went one of four for eight yards and took three sacks. So it has been something I think that isn't shown in the numbers. That he is throwing the ball well, but that when you get pressure in his face, he's not reacting as well to it. Meanwhile, Josh Allen on third downs tonight was six of eight two touchdowns. He had the two rushing first downs, and he has no interceptions on the season, which is crazy and it's a little misleading. It's a little lucky.
Speaker 5: Like it was.
Speaker 4: The ultimate Josh Allen moment in sequenced tonight, right before halftime, He's running to the right outside the pocket inside the ten with under a minute left in the second quarter, and he gets loose with the ball and fumbles it and they happen to recover after it bounces around between the Bills and the Jets. And on the very next play, he makes an awesome roll out to the left where he gets Dawson Knox for a touchdown that I thought was going to be such a big moment in this game shook, But all it did was set up Aaron Rodgers for another magical hail Mary moment. After this play that we're going to listen to, I was convinced the Jets are winning this game. You can't lose a game when Aaron Rodgers throws a hail Mary, can you.
Speaker 6: Aaron Rodgers in a shotgun, takes the snap and drops back again at two man rush steps up in the pocket, has time and he's just gonna heave the ball towards the Endzill Jets a hail mary into the Enzo. It's sit around Alan Mazard, the ball pounces out.
Speaker 5: He thought he had it for a touchdown. Did he have it? It's a touchdown.
Speaker 2: It's a hail mary touchdown to Allen Lazard.
Speaker 4: Before halftime, w axq Bob with Susan that felt like another moment where it's like, Wow, Aaron Rodgers is really a Jet again. He's hitting the hailbary and that that was the time. And the Bills end up blowing that ten point lead and the Jets have a moment where they actually think they take the lead, but it's called back by a Tyron Smith holding penalty. You mentioned what a bad night he had, but I thought, wow, okay, this is going to be the night a little Rogers bagic in prime time and again he gets the chance with a three point deficit late in the game, but it just it just didn't happen.
Speaker 5: But at least he gave us that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that was you know, classic Rogers. Everybody on Twitter immediately is like, hey, he did it again, fourth time in his career. He's throwing a hail mary for a touchdown and that's great, And it felt like one of those momentum swinging plays that basically led me to believe that we're going to see the exact same thing that happened between Jets and Bills last year also in primetime, in which you know, they walk it off with the Gibson punt return touchdown, and we never got that opportunity because instead and it ended in all too familiar fashion with that pick.
Speaker 3: But yeah, in that moment, that was great.
Speaker 2: And what was also great Greg, I don't know if a lot of people picked up on this, but I certainly did. We had a little bit of a fail Mary Part two where we had one official saying incomplete and the other one's touchdown and I was like, oh, please tell me photographers are catching this. I thought that might be the only time, you know, back when it happened in Seattle, that we'd ever see that, and we got it for a moment there, even though they got the call right.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we're gonna connect a couple of different threads we've been talking about in this show. The officiating which was questionable, some of the roughing the passer calls. There was one on both sides were shaky, and there was just so many penalties.
Speaker 5: I'm so sick of the illegal formations.
Speaker 4: It is on pace right now to triple the amount of illegal formations. I believe tonight we almost tied the amount of illegal formations in the entire twenty twenty three seasons. So all these freaking penalties, and Aaron Rodgers was complaining about it, and he actually has a reference here back to uh, yeah, when we had the replacement refs tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it seemed a little ridiculous. Yeah, some of them seemed really bad, including the rough in the pastor on me, and that's not rough in the passer. I was going to play sarcasta ball if we're going to call those things. And I thought the one on Kin Long was not rough in the passer either.
Speaker 4: So do you know what sarcast the ball is without googling? I have Google. I was waiting for you to finish writing, so I've done the research.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm drawing a blank, so enlighten me.
Speaker 4: It's a South Park episode that they made about the replacement refs where they created another sports so cast the ball, and I do love it's in Rogers's wheelhouse age wise, and certainly sense of humor that he just he just throws that out there as if everyone knows it.
Speaker 5: Good job.
Speaker 2: I was in college back then, so I do recall my friends being very on top of it at that time.
Speaker 5: That it was a really interesting press conference.
Speaker 4: You'll probably see the photo of him just staring off to space, wondering about the meaning of life, kind of like thing at the end of Monday night football. I kind of was feeling that way too. It's about five thirty am back in London and then you know it's up to a couple hours before racing to the airport. So I am a little fried right now. So I was thinking that way too. But like at the end of this game, he was asked about that William's route, which felt typical that they can't get on the same page, and he all but threw Williams under the bus for not running the right route. Now, he didn't say he ran the right wrong route, but he said that he's expecting him to run a certain way. I think he called it like, I forget the wording that he used. They explained Ryan Clark explained it on ESPN, But essentially he thinks he's going to go vertical, but he's not as outside. He sees him breaking one way before he throws it, and he almost had to adjust the throw midway.
Speaker 5: Williams has to come back for it. It was a bad throw.
Speaker 4: I think Rogers was not so subtly saying that it was a bad throw because he caught me off guard for not being where I expected him to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that speaks to their lack of rapport because the interception that he threw against the Vikings overseas was similar. It was that they just don't understand where each other wants to each other to be at a certain time where you know, he throws that pass, he gets picked off against the Vikings. That would have been a great backshoulder throw, but Mike Williams continues running downfield, and this time Mike Williams is not quite running the same route that he won, ends up in another interception, a spectacular interception, noe less like. It was definitely a great play, but a play that Mike Williams slips and falls trying to get back to the ball because they're not on the same page, which is just indicative of where the Jets offense has been even after the play color change, it's still where they kind of are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you mentioned the play color change. I do think there were more open receivers tonight that the running game looked fantastic, especially in the first half. Breestau goes eighteen for one to thirteen. At mid third quarter, they had seven twenty plus yard plays, so this was an explosive offense. They put up almost four hundred yards. I don't know if they got another twenty yard play after that. I don't think they did. Garrett Wilson had a nice night. Lizard's having a nice season in general, so it's not like they're that far away. But there's always just one thing that's going wrong. Tyron Smith tonight, Joe Tipman had a big penalty in this game, and they just can't get it consistent enough. When they have a chance to take the lead, they get in. I had the five yard line. You expect them to be able to punch it in instead of penalty blows it there. So I don't think they're done yet. And the coach of the Jets actually agrees with me, Jeff Ahlbrick.
Speaker 5: Let's listen to him.
Speaker 8: I think there's always a sense of urgency. There has to be, you know, that's just the nature of this league. But at the same time, two of four is by we are by no means out of this thing, by no means. I know the character that locker room. I know the way we will respond. I know that I thought this week's process was right. I thought the way we were prepared was exceptional, you know, And we got to start stacking these weeks of exceptional preparation and I promise you it'll start to pay off on Sundays.
Speaker 2: They felt like they were closer this week, right, Greg, Like they felt even with the coaching change and everything else. And that's a guy who had run a brick through a brick wall for right, but they felt like they were closer than they'd been in the last few weeks, even if they didn't get the job done.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, offensively, they were much better.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: He's calling the defense Brick is what Rogers called him at his press coverence, and he was gushing about what a good job Brick has been doing. So that, yeah, I think is somewhat telling. He's got the seal of approval from Aaron Rodgers. And defensively, they did not play well in the first half. Second half, they tightened up on the Bill's four possessions of the second half. They miss a field goal Tyler Bass cost them four points in this game.
Speaker 5: Greg zerline.
Speaker 4: On the other side, it was very windy, missed two kicks, doinked them both.
Speaker 5: You don't see that too much.
Speaker 4: And then punt punt, and then that long field goal drive that ultimately was the game winning drive. So the Jets defense wasn't great, Brick said it was not too much for him to call all the plays. I think ultimately you're right, they were closer on offense. It really felt like the play caller change was effective. We should give some love to the Bill's offense and Ray Davis.
Speaker 5: I love me some Ray Davis. Just the way he runs.
Speaker 4: There's an aggression that sometimes running backs don't have after their rookie year or their second year, and Ray Davis has it right now. He just runs so hard and you can't teach that.
Speaker 2: I think diehard listeners NFL Daily might recall me pointing out Ray Davis in the preseason as a guy to watch out for. He is a low center of gravity runner who's hard to bring down on first contact.
Speaker 3: He runs hard. He did that tonight. They had that.
Speaker 2: Their first scoring drive was a statement drive. Six of their nine plays are Ray Davis caries. He totals like forty eight yards on that drive alone, marches them down the field. And I'm sitting there watching it, just going, yes, we're getting the Ray Davis game. And that's before he even got involved in the passing game. And you know what, let's give a tip of the cap to the Bill's defense too. Taylor Rap made a couple of really big hits and timely plays, breaking up passes that could have swung the game, including a pass to Garrett Wilson in the end zone. Jets had to settle for a field goal in that situation. Like the Bill's defense did come to play and made some big stops and key moments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that Taylor Rap hit in the end zone, like you mentioned, was huge, And at the end of the game, I think Tabar Hamlin had had a tough game, but they are a much better defense in general with Taron Johnson and Trell Bernard.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah out there.
Speaker 4: And he Rap's been a little up and down this year, but he played well tonight. I did notice after the game there was some social media going around that Tomorrow, Hamlin got Aaron Rodgers's jersey after the game, got the jersey swap with a little autograph saying You're an inspiration to me. I think it was a surprise. He was just in his locker room and Rogers had sent it over. And you forget that these guys are just you know, they're still fans. He was probably a fan of Aaron Rodgers when Rogers was an MVP, and he said he felt like a kid on Christmas. What's better than not only getting Aaron rodgers jersey, but beating him along the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then getting the jersey after the fact like that. That's how you know right there that you've made an impact. And he's got an inspiring story and it's beautiful to see him out there. Honestly, sometimes a little surprising to see him out there and just laying his body on the line after what happened to him. But that's football, and these are football players more than anything. Like something like that just illustrates the fact that look their competitors and their opponents and everything else, but they're all doing the same thing, which is playing a kids game. For varying sums of money and they know the sacrifice that's involved. And tomorrow Hamlin's definitely gotten an up close experience with just you know how much of a zachrific could be. And I'm sure he very much appreciates every snap that he gets to play now that he's healthy and back on the field.
Speaker 4: So before we move on and take a little break, I do want to just put where this puts the team at four and two.
Speaker 5: You're up two.
Speaker 4: Games now, the Bills are over the Jets in the division, and you have the tie break.
Speaker 5: That's significant.
Speaker 4: And if there was one person that was happier that Robert Salah lost his job in the AFCs, I don't know if it was anyone but Josh Allen. I mean, Josh Allen's had a nightmare against these Robert sala defenses over the years. His numbers have been brutal, and tonight was the opposite nineteen for twenty five two hundred and fifteen yards and two touchdowns and had the two key rushes, He had the score and then the play at the end. It was his third best game of his career in terms of completion percentage over expected that Ray Davis throw against his body probably.
Speaker 5: Was a part of that number two.
Speaker 4: So like he he's settled down after a couple down weeks. That's going to be the Josh Allen experience. But are you worried, Nick about the lack of weapons. Davis leads the team in receiving because he has that one play. Dalton Kincaid was finally a little more involved six for fifty one, not really hitting big plays, and then their leader in terms of receiving yards was Curtis Samuel because he got that one big play.
Speaker 5: But otherwise it's Keon.
Speaker 4: Coleman getting almost the most I mean not the most targets, but the most routes run. It's just it's a little rough. They need Colio security to be healthier. He was out there tonight, but not every time, but I think that's something to watch it as the trade deadline approaches.
Speaker 2: Kean Coleman actually dropped a pass that would have been a beautiful completion just in front of the end zone there, so you know, but he's a rookie, Like this is what we kind of should have expected going to the season. You lose Digs, you lose Gabe Davis. You have to rebuild your receiving cord and you're relying heavily on a rookie. This is they're gonna take a bit of a step back when it comes to connecting with these guys. Especially we saw it in Houston. A lot of them just are on the same page. I mean, at the end of that game, Mac Collins and Josh Allen is not in the same page on a completable pass.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna have these issues.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The fun thing about this matchup is like they are out there hitting, we're getting flags for them getting in fights between quarters. That was the only flag I enjoyed. Like that was the only flag I enjoyed. The lights were out and they're pushing and on the field. I know it wasn't all clean, but this was a physical game between two teams that genuinely don't seem to like each other that much. And once again it looks like it's the Bill's division. I'm not rolling the Jets out yet. I know it's a dark time for the Jets, but and they have the Steelers on the road this week, that's a big game. After that, the schedule eases up relatively down this stretch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Albert kind of said it right there, we're by no means out of it. Yeah, you're two and four, but you have a lot of season left, and when you look at the Jets schedule, I just think about the next two weeks because they're always the most important. What's your weakness right now? Your defense is not. I mean, statistically, they are a number two defense in terms of yards lot per game, but we've seen them give up big point totals in primetime games. Right We're going into another primetime game on Sunday night against the Steelers this week, but at the same time, you're facing one of the least explosive offenses in the NFL. So if your offense is actually where you think it is after tonight, you're gonna play a better defense than the Steelers. But if your offense is where you think it is tonight, that's a winnable game. You dominated New England. Yes, you have to go there in the following week, but that's another winnable, very winnable game. So before you know it, you could be four and four and feel much better about your team right now, So you want to hit the panic button because it's frustrating, and you see hereon Rodgers frustrated. But I'm telling you right now, Jets fans, right out a little bit longer before you decide to jump ship.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: I like the optimism that Sunday Night one is huge. Three and four feels way different to me than two and five with it potentially coming apart at the seams. As Troy Yiekman said after the game, I'm like, what does Troy know? He thinks this thing might collapse a little under its own weight, so maybe maybe he is picking up a few things.
Speaker 5: All right, we are going to take a break.
Speaker 4: We're going to come back on the other side, do some news, give our Captain of the Week, and then I'm going to go to sleep. Back on NFL Daily. Yes, back in America. Didn't miss a snap shook. The plane landed about forty minutes early. Watch some of the first quarter in the uber home, but didn't didn't miss a snap.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 2: That's the beauty. That's the beauty of rideshare coming from Lax.
Speaker 4: Yeah about arriving at Lax, but it was a lovely time. And shout out to the fan. I'm glad that you're on this show with me because this would have slipped my mind. Shout out to the fan that came up, the listener that said he really enjoys the nick shook the recaps, So you got one.
Speaker 2: Here we go, all right, there we go. One fan overseas. That's one more than I have to have one.
Speaker 4: You know, if I'm only meeting like a sample of them, then you can extrapolate it out.
Speaker 5: It's like a poll.
Speaker 4: So that means there's there's thousands of shooky fans out there in the UK and worldwide. But it is great to be back, and yes, I'll be back in the studio to do our next show with Colleen and Jordan, and we're.
Speaker 5: Back on our regular schedule.
Speaker 4: So I appreciate everyone listening last week and dealing with all the different times that the show was going up.
Speaker 5: Let's do some news.
Speaker 4: Hutchinson will be out four to six months with a fractured tibia and fibula and the range of outcomes that was possible after this injury.
Speaker 5: As Dan Campbell put.
Speaker 4: It, this probably was on the more positive side. How I read into that is that it was essentially closer to like a clean break instead of ligament damage, and sometimes where it's at the ankle and the leg that four to six month timeline would indicate it's more of a traditional recovery. Everything goes well, they're even thrown out there, like maybe he'd be ready for the super Bowl if they got there late in the playoffs, but either way, they're going to be shorthanded for the rest of the regular season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd have to come through on the short side of that timeline. I'm just glad that he avoided the Alex Smith scenario or even the Teddy Bridgewater scenario when he had, like grew some knee injury, you know, because any type of compound fracture, anything significant like that, you always fear that. So it sucks because they lose their best pass rusher and it's a department for them that they've already kind of lacked depth then, but this is football. This is part of what happens. So they're gonna have to find out a way to go forward without him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we dove deep into it on the Recap show on Sunday night Monday morning. I recommend everyone check that out. I mean, it's about as long as a Godfather movie. I saw that they pop up in my phone when I woke up this morning. It's like, oh, I did not realize we went that long late into the night. So yeah, we tried to come up with seven fun We'll see, it was a lot of fun. I want to give you another updated injury which we weren't aware of on Sunday, which was Jonathan Allen. But the commanders did not think that was a major injury, and it turns out he is going to miss the season with a tornpeck torol muzzle. Jonathan Allen was one of the best defensive tackles ends kind of a hybrid interior player in the league for a handful of seasons. I would say he wasn't playing at that level since the start of twenty twenty three. That continued this year, but he still was a ardor and a significant player on a team that doesn't have a lot of defensive talent.
Speaker 2: He's also the guy who has the third highest cap number on the roster right now. That's always a big blow when you lose a guy who's making that much money. Yeah, PFF didn't have him great very well last year or into this year, but it's a blow for them and now they have to lean on Jerson Newton. The rookie out of Illinois to replace him, and I expect them to make a roster move just for death purposes.
Speaker 4: I liked me some Jerry Newton in the pre draft process, thought thought he was good.
Speaker 5: I've tried to keep an eye on him in these games.
Speaker 4: It's tough if you're not watching the All twenty two, but he's made a lot of splash plays. I think he probably has like a lot of negative plays, but he goes for big plays. So he's kind of fun to watch. This Washington team. I want them to stay in the mix, stay in the playoff race. They're going to do it with offense, but they need a little help from their defense. The Colts are expected to start Anthony Richardson this week, so he was close to starting on Sunday. They decided to give Flacco one more go. He gets to win. At three and three. They haven't been impressive, but they're in the mix in what's going to be I think kind of a weird and ugly race for the last couple AFC spots. I don't know if it's like a deep conference right now. We'll see, but I feel like nine wins might get you that seventh spot. Like someone's going to get a tiebreaker at nine wins in the AFC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this season's gonna been like that. There's a lot of gray area. It's hard to project at this point. But I'll tell you what, Greg, Joe Flaco put together two very solid games. And back in the day when football players weren't making crazy money, a lot of guys went and got off season jobs, some of them door to door insurance salesman.
Speaker 3: Joe Flacco.
Speaker 2: I know you're not going to need employment afterward, but because of how you perform last year and in these two games this year, you're the best insurance policy an NFL team could find.
Speaker 3: No Flacco insurance. Baby, let's go right now.
Speaker 4: I was wondering where you were going with that shook with some dad humor. I'm the dad here. Let's go to Philadelphia. I mean, man, Nick Sirianni every week has some story that he's apologizing for after the fact or explaining after the fact. Where he's the main character. You know, we talk about different people that have main character energy. It's like, doesn't matter what happens with the Eagles, we're talking about Nick Sirianni. Let's hear him talk about what happened with his home crowd fans on Sunday.
Speaker 9: Now, I was trying to bring energy yesterday, energy enthusiasm yesterday. And I'm sorry and disappointed on how my energy was directed at the end of the game. And you know, my energy should be all in on coaching, motivating right and celebrating with our guys, and so you know, that's you know, and I got to have better wisdom and discernment of when to use that energy, and that wasn't and that wasn't the time.
Speaker 5: Great go ahead.
Speaker 2: This this reads like he got a talking to from the principle and had to go out and apologize to his classmates after breaking some sort of he cost them their pizza party. That's essentially what he's speaking like this in this situation. And look, he has energy. He's got bro energy, He's got D three football energy. And as somebody who's familiar with D three football, that comes right out of the OAC Baby he went to Mount Union. And he still acts like it sometimes, especially in situations like when they get a win over the lowly Browns on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Well, it just seems like he's spinning all season, reacting from one last thing he did, and then overreacting and going too far the other way, and then going too far the other way, and trying to figure out what he actually does, because he says it partly came from he talked with his players like Jalen and aj Brown, and they were telling him during the biway, you be you, you be, you know, get back to being crazy Nick. We like crazy Nick, and then he like goes goes too hard, yelling at fans, and it's all a little mystifying and makes me think that maybe they should have just made a clean break of it at the end of last season. But then I saw one tweet which made me rethink this whole story, and they said, Nick Sirianni, I have no problem with him yelling at the fans because I can guarantee you if you met whoever that was that he yelled at, it would be one of the ten worst people you've ever met in your life. And I thought, you're probably right, for whoever was yelling at him to make Sirianni mad enough for him to do that, I bet that was true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point, but it is a lot of come at me bro energy, and it's just like a broof like I went a side note. I went to the Guardians Tigers Alds, you know, decisive Game five on Saturday, and I'm watching a Tiger's fan flipping off this whole section of Guardians fans and waving his talent and everything. And that guy had big come at me bro energy, except Sirianni was on the winning side, so he was able to have the last laugh.
Speaker 5: That's bold.
Speaker 4: You cannot do that, uh at Yankee Stadium or no friendly, especially Fenway. No, like New York fans have a bad rap. Back back when I was going to those games in three h four, sort of at the peak of the Yankees Red Sox rivalry, it was not great to be a Red Sox fan at Yankee Stadium. You probably don't even want to wear your hat, and if you do, when you're leaving, like keep it, keep it tucked on. You know, you might get ripped off and thrown away. But it was way worse and way more aggressive if you were a Yankees fan at Fenway. Unfortunately. To be honest, all right, let's go to the Dolphins. Mike McDaniel says he expects to a tug of Iloa to play in twenty twenty four. It didn't give a timeline on it, but basically said it's coming. So that's an interesting addition to the story. There are two and three. You never know if they could get to a back soon. They're not technically out of it, as bad as they've looked on the field. Kevin Stefanski did the Monday follow up nick that he's sticking with Watson. We don't need to go deep into it. I think everyone knows at this point he's one of the worst quarterbacks through six weeks in the last twenty years. But I did think it was notable because I thought this Monday was a possible chance that he would change his mind and make the move, and he is not making the move.
Speaker 2: I think we're creeping toward and maybe slowly building more speed toward a decision, probably at the point where Stefanski starts to feel his own job threatened, and even for a two time Coach of the Year, you continue at this rate, you're gonna have to make a change before long to save your job.
Speaker 3: So I think it'll happen eventually.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, that's even assuming it's his choice to make. Andrew Berry is involved the ownership is involved mutiny. I wonder about Andrew Berry's job. I know he signed that contract. Yeah, he's weirdly skated on making the worst trade in NFL history, just saying.
Speaker 3: No, you're not wrong.
Speaker 4: Jim Harbaugh had that scary incident that included a heart murmur, which is something he's been dealing with. We found out recently that happened on the sideline during the win over the Broncos. He spoke Monday after visiting a doctor earlier in the day.
Speaker 10: I talk to John to talk to my dead mom too, and my wife. So yeah, yeah, they they know, they know, they know how deeply I am. It would take my heart stopping, yeah, for me not to be out there in the sideline.
Speaker 5: I don't love hearing that.
Speaker 4: I remember Gary Kubiak had some heart issues too on the sideline. That was really scary because he's laughing saying that his heart would have to stop for him to stop. So he is not stopping. He says he's gonna have another check up in a couple of weeks. I think he's going to wear something that monitors how the heart is going now, so it's some sort of device, but it's intense Jim Harbor is intense. He's got an intense football team that he's taken care of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't ever like to hear, you know, medical situations like this, of course, but I'm not surprised because because that intensity that you just spoke of. He's a guy who has spawned many memes with his intensity on the sideline, whether he was coaching at Michigan or with the forty nine ers or even back at Stanford. So hoping for the best and hopefully, you know, he monitors his health and he'll be fine the long run.
Speaker 4: Okay, couple injuries to just recap quickly before we get to our players of the week, Pat Certain and Chris o'lave. They both look unlikely for Thursday night football. They both had concussions on Sunday. Certain miss basically the entire game. That's o Lavi's third concussion in three seasons. Just you know, you never want to see that one of them was pretty severe a year ago. Rashid Shaheed surprisingly has a concerning knee injury according to Ian Rappaport that could keep him out this week that was not known during the game, that popped up on Monday, and just the way Rapaport said it, the Saints are just a mass unit. They might get Taysom Hill back for this game, but that's scary for them. On Thursday night with Sean Payton coming to town, Taj Spears is week to week with a hamstring injury. Same with Jaguars running back Travis etm The Jaguars made a trade sending Robert Roy Robertson Harris to the Seahawks for a sixth round pick to kind of a rotational defensive lineman. So he's got to go from London all the way over to Seattle and go play this week. And people were saying, no, that's that's got to be the longest possible trip that that you can make. But it's not as long as to La. LA's further. You know, you go over, you go over the top, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, that is true. And he he packed for two weeks in.
Speaker 4: The circle, so LA's a solid extra hour and a half or so. Uh, Finally we are going to do what we do each and every week on this show. Yes, it's time for the Captain's Corner, presented by Captain Morgan.
Speaker 2: Why don't you get us going shook all right. This is gonna be way out of left field. But stick with me here, and this is a name you should pay attention to. The Buccaneers have a lot of young defensive back you know, defensive backs that are solid players. You know, Christianizing is one of them. You can name a number of them that Zion McCollum h Servasier Dennis perhaps the best name in football, but this week belonged to none other than rookie safety Tike Smith. He finishes with five tackles. He finishes with a pick that was at the end of a blowout win that didn't seem like he was going to be a blowout win early Well middleports portions of the game because early on he forces a fumble on the play, actually Olave was concussed on He forces a fumble right before Olave takes the hit to the head and Antwine Winfield Junior recovers it for a touchdown. He nearly did it again later in the game, but it was called back by a penalty elsewhere. I actually no it was. It was overturned on review. But this guy is flying all over the field. He's making plays, and he's another young capable player who made a big part in this game as the Buccaneers rolled to a victory that for a little bit.
Speaker 3: There looked like it was a little dicey.
Speaker 2: They blew a seventeen to nothing lead early, but they came back with a vengeance and he was a big.
Speaker 3: Part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that game was absolutely drunk. I mean the bonkers.
Speaker 5: It was just a crazy, crazy game.
Speaker 4: I'm going to the best game of the week in my mind, which was Raven's Commanders. I'm giving it to Zay Flowers nine for one, thirty two, all of it in the first half. Every single target that went his way included a forty four yard catch. I wanted to give him some love just because I love his development. I love the way Todd Monkin and Lamar Jackson are using him. He can create so much separation. I think he's a little tougher than I would expect. You wouldn't think that you could build so much of an offense around a guy his size, and yet they're doing it. He's not a traditional number one receiver, neither's Jaden Reid, and yet those two guys are gonna be the number one receivers essentially for two of the best offenses.
Speaker 5: In the league.
Speaker 4: So love a little second year player development from a wide receiver Zay Flowers getting it done for the Ravens, for Lamar Jackson for his fantasy owners. Yes, that was Captain's Corner presented by Captain Morgan. It's delicious and crisp, perfect for game day with your friends. Spice it up. Visit Captain Morgan dot com to find a Captain. Are you please drink responsibly?
Speaker 5: It's good. It's good to be back with you, Nick.
Speaker 3: You know, I know, it's great. It's great.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm excited for the development of small receivers. Tyreek Hill probably gets the nod for leading the way. But what I'm more excited about.
Speaker 3: Greg.
Speaker 2: We had like five flea flickers this weekend. They all worked to varying degrees or didn't work. I don't know who sent like a message out like, hey, this is flea Flicker weekend. But it preceded National tight End Day, which is coming up in a few weeks, so why not make it a holiday. But we do know one thing. There's five flea flickers in a weekend. What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Greg?
Speaker 4: That means football is back. We'll see you Wednesday.