Speaker 1: Welcome to Bill and Juliana the podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, welcome to the Bill and Juliana Podcast. So it's been a little bit of a nutty couple of weeks. I relived my past from twenty two years ago. And I don't want to go into it a lot because like we've already gone into it so much.
Speaker 1: Well, I've had to relive your past.
Speaker 2: Yes, you've been good about it if you didn't tune into our last two episodes. Basically, I brought up the story of how twenty two years ago my ex cheated on me and it's.
Speaker 3: A long story. You guys just have to go listen.
Speaker 1: To this podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, what we thought is this week we would do an episode on cheating red flags. And the reason we're bringing this up is because we've kind of become relationship experts since last week, good.
Speaker 1: That look at you.
Speaker 4: We've gotten a lot of comments on social media, and everyone is an expert in relationships. We are learning a lot, not from my personal experiences, but from all the wonderful comments that people.
Speaker 2: Yes, now we don't like just so you know, we don't have like a PhD in psychology or a BA or a BS maybe a BS but we don't.
Speaker 4: Yes, we're very lucky. We have an amazing panel. Yes, we do some of Chicago's finest, the world's final. Yes, and the world's finest for that matter. And we have a second time guest, Kate M. So thank you Kate M for coming on this.
Speaker 2: Yes, Kate on you guys might recall from the last podcast is part of the Witness Production program. So we just say, called her Kate M. And then we have someone else from the Witness Production program here, Brad, who.
Speaker 3: We just called Brad no last name.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 2: Are you okay, Brad no last name, no even initial in the last name.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Then we have someone who we are Yes, we we are totally open to talk about Stephen Galanis, who is, of course the founder, president head of Cameo. You created Cameo, right, I did so Cameo if you guys don't know, is amazing. It's like when people send video messages to their friends. And you know, Stephen, we've talked about that.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: We remember we were going to do it.
Speaker 1: Cami request last week for some woman's sixtieth birthday?
Speaker 3: Did you do it?
Speaker 1: I forgot? And then expired, so I have to I got to do more on cameos.
Speaker 5: We even money on the table.
Speaker 1: I know, no, it was It's a shameful.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Stephen would be very upset with me. He's looking down like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Stephen?
Speaker 2: I was actually thinking, I've never done one, but I want to do one. But can I donate it all to animal Rescue?
Speaker 5: Yes? Okay, and you hit the rid off.
Speaker 3: Oh there we go. Okay, I'm doing it exactly. Part two of this is Taxes Red Flags.
Speaker 2: And then we also have Janet Mandel back with us on the podcast.
Speaker 6: I thank you for having me again.
Speaker 2: So Janet, of course is stylis fashion easter extraordinary. Who started this incredible business called the Janet Mendel Showroom or Jane Mendel, And she has these incredible showrooms around the country and she does very very high end lung.
Speaker 1: Worry called missus Worldwide Luxury Fashion.
Speaker 6: Lee mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you want to borrow a tom Ford dress and not buy a tom Ford dress, you go to Janet Mendel.
Speaker 6: Hi, Jane, Hi, Juliana, Hi, Bill Hi. Everybody.
Speaker 1: Let's dig right, let's die in. Okay.
Speaker 2: So here's the deal. The reason we thought this would be a good episode. This is really organically how it happened. So we had taped our podcast last week and then we went back to the office and I was sitting with Breonna and Ava, and I was saying, gosh, you know, we're just talking about the whole thing. And I was like, you know, thinking back to twenty two years ago, there were red flags. Because they asked me like, were there any red flags? And I never really thought of that. So one thing I remembered is that you guys are going to die. In a lot of our email correspondence, we would have these like lovey, gushy emails and then at the very end, my ex would write, PS, please don't ever cheat on me.
Speaker 3: Let's not ruin this. Nothing was wrong with the relationship.
Speaker 4: I can I stop for a second. So this X cheated on her one we're not saying who that is. And then she took him back, you know, and then during this rekindling of the relationship, she brings him to the Hot Maximum one hundred party. That's like releasing a wolf into a hen of chickens.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yes, When Bill said that I had this aha moment on the podcast last week, I was like, wow, Bill is like very smart, he's quite a relationship accent.
Speaker 1: I think you're overselling me.
Speaker 2: Okay, there were definitely red flags. There were definitely things I could have done differently. I was so confident in our relationship on my half, like I would never cheat on him, that I was confident, like I didn't care that I was bringing him to a hot one hundred party or that again. And then when I saw him sign off, PS, don't cheat on me. I love you so much, let's not ruin this, I honestly thought, Oh, he.
Speaker 7: Thinks you're and you're reading it as he thinks you're too good for him, and like, please don't leave me because I can't get do any better ever than you.
Speaker 2: Yes, or I honestly, brit I was honestly thinking, Oh, that's so sweet.
Speaker 3: Like he wants to make sure we never ruin this, and like we're both never going to cheat on each other.
Speaker 2: But what I honestly saw was, oh, he's so happy in our relationship. He doesn't want us to ruin it. But really, now I look back, I go, oh my god. He was totally projecting. That was him knowing he was capable of it. But I never even thought for a second because I was incapable of it. I never cheated on him, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Does that make sense? Steven?
Speaker 5: I think he you guys got it.
Speaker 8: Sounds like he was projecting there or or you know, maybe giving a little clue what was going to happen?
Speaker 2: Oh, which is projecting foreshadowing?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: And then Janet, what do you think?
Speaker 6: Number one? Are men that no offense to men here? But are they that detail oriented where they would think, yes, I'm going to do this because I know that she you know, she won't cheat on me if I tell her not to cheat on me. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It was strategic?
Speaker 6: But yet was are they that strategic? But again, I don't know. It depends on his mood. I guess at that.
Speaker 3: Point, I think he was projecting.
Speaker 9: I think he was probably projecting or just very insecure and insecure people end up cheating.
Speaker 3: So yeah, good point.
Speaker 8: I also think it's funny going back to that time that it was like emails, right, and how different like the email like long distance relationship is versus the texting one.
Speaker 5: That's so true. It's definitely not putting that in a text message.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're right, and we weren't really texting back then because back then, this is the early two thousands. Remember you had to like write, you had to click a three times.
Speaker 1: Everything was short.
Speaker 3: Went back, everything was short.
Speaker 2: And we had razors, the motoral eraser and the T mobile sidekick.
Speaker 3: It took a lot, you know, you did. You had like a purple one.
Speaker 1: I got it for free. He took them back in the day when people would send me things for free.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so and then it's so funny because when I went back to our emails, like I had a Yahoo account, he had an Aol account, and so like that was you know, we just emailed and spoke on the phone. But it was a lot of that. So what are some other cheating red flags? So first of all, to start with this, have have you guys ever been cheated on?
Speaker 3: Anyone ever been cheated on?
Speaker 2: Bill?
Speaker 3: Have you been cheated on?
Speaker 4: Not to my record, I mean perhaps not that I caught anyone red handed, you know, with paparazzi walking hand in hand together, okay for an event, so not that glaring.
Speaker 3: What are you trying to wait? Did you just bring it back to what happened to me? I forgot I was like, who would do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, not to my record, but I'm sure someone on our illustrious panel here has been cheating on Steven.
Speaker 8: In my early twenties, I had a girlfriend that I caught cheating that.
Speaker 1: How did you catch her?
Speaker 5: So she was she was.
Speaker 8: In college still, I was maybe a couple of years out trading, and she a couple of nights a week. All of a sudden, she started having Zuma lessons, like to be like a zumba the dance whatever.
Speaker 5: The dance thing.
Speaker 8: This would have been like twenty twelve, sometime in that era. Zooma was hoppy and it was like a hot thing and it was just as like and she was having to go like seven am. So she'd like she'd be like, hey, I can't like stay over tonight because I've got this like zoomba thing.
Speaker 5: And she was like do you want to come? And I was like, no, I don't want to go.
Speaker 3: Janet Mendel, I have a good one.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine I have a good one.
Speaker 6: So I was dating this Sky it was like, you know, we were getting serious towards the end, like six seven months later. So he's like, you know, I don't like to share my bathroom, So do you mind using the guest bathroom? I'm like sure. So I'm in the bathroom getting ready. I opened a drawer and there's like a tampon in one of the drawers, and I'm like, okay, well, I'm thinking, okay, maybe that's from his previous girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 6: Men don't usually like clean the guest bathrooms, right, they don't pay attention. So months go by and I'm like, you know, I don't feel you know, we have our intuition women, and I'm like, I'm not feeling really settled with this tampon in the drawer. No expiration.
Speaker 1: Left it?
Speaker 2: In the.
Speaker 6: Of course, because being strategic.
Speaker 3: Did you say no expiration date?
Speaker 6: I was thinking, like, was there like a package in a box?
Speaker 3: You're like looking for this.
Speaker 6: And I'm like was it open? Disgusting? But anyways, he's just like one tampon in there. I'm looking for like boxes and stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, how many times can we say Tampa.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, guys. So I'm apologetic.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: So, like about two months go by and he invites me to a softball game and I'm like, okay, So I go to a softball game. He's playing. We had fun, blah blah blah. And I've noticed that he plays two two times a week, right and Thursday he didn't invite me, and I'm like hmmm, and I didn't ask him. So this is like two weeks of me going to his game consistently, but one Thursday he decides not to invite me and I didn't even ask him. So crazy me drives by the park and there he is with another girl and she's at the game. But it wasn't me.
Speaker 3: Did this this the same tampon brand fall out of her back?
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 6: I was actually going to get out of my car and go up to her and be like, did you leave a tampon at the drawer of But I didn't. So I was so upset because I was like, he lied. He told me he wasn't dating anybody else, Like in my face, I to die, And so I was upset and I stopped calling him. I was like, we're done, and then you.
Speaker 1: Know, wow, you didn't get out of the car and storm the game.
Speaker 6: I was going to trust me, I was. I was fired up and I was so angry because I made like this guy. But I'm like, damn.
Speaker 8: It, how did you know what the relationship dynamic was there.
Speaker 6: Well, she was standing there, he would you know, he would pitch or hit, he would come back to her and you know, he would like put his arms around her. It was like totally I was being that crazy girl like, oh my god, is he going to make the move? Is she going to do something? Are they going to kiss? Because I need evidence. You were hiding in the bushes, literally in the car.
Speaker 5: Did they kiss? Did you see them kissing?
Speaker 6: No, they didn't kiss, but he had his arms around her, yeah enough to know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then I'm like, I need to know what car she's in because next I'm going to drive by his house and see if her car's parked in front. You know, my mind was going like a little.
Speaker 5: Crazy detective mode.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I lowly detective.
Speaker 2: I love detective mode. I've been there, done that one hundred times.
Speaker 6: It's fun at the same time as well as you know Sad.
Speaker 2: And then Janet, well Janet, Janet is quite the relationship expert because you know, do you guys know her story?
Speaker 3: Janet? You got to tell them the story.
Speaker 6: So I do you remember that guy that was here earlier, the blonde? So he's my ex husband, but we're now boyfriend and girlfriend. And so we were married for like eighteen years, filed for divorce. Within three months we were divorced, and then about a month and a half later we got back together. That's crazy, but you know, I never left my house, Like in the in the divorce settlement, it says I'm allowed to live there for a year and a half. So that was a divorce settlement. She gets to live there for a year and a half, run free, blah blah blah, blah blah. Mostly for my kids. I wanted to make sure that they were acclimated with the transition. So we never left. And then the reason we got back together was because I was jealous that he was dating some other girl.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 6: In front of me, talking to her, text messaging her. You know, he's like, we're divorced. I'm like, uh huh, And here's me, like, never went on one day, never even had sex with anybody, and here's I know it's my fault, but I was like, I wasn't ready mentally right here he is gallivanting with you know other yeah, whatever they were, and I got jealous.
Speaker 5: And you bring them home to the house, living a great questions.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: Question.
Speaker 6: You're asking if he no, Well that to my knowledge, I don't think so. But we were only broken up for like what almost five months, right, So I mean I don't think so. That's my cause. No, the cheating didn't cause the divorce. I think the dynamic of being in business together caused us to separate, and menopause. I was fully on menopause with I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm gonna need to bring.
Speaker 3: Up so much was in your tampon?
Speaker 6: I mean, there is correlations.
Speaker 1: I just hit the pool. Sorry, So then you get remarried to him?
Speaker 6: Now, hell no, I'm never getting married. I'm never getting remarried to him or anyone else?
Speaker 8: Are you?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: There, we're still business partners and.
Speaker 5: Everything.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think things got better after we decided there was no strings attached. Like we have the best communication now, which we didn't have before. We are best friends. We were always best friends. Sex was always great. It's got better, and we do a lot of things together now. You know, before we are like okay, I'm going to work by okay, see you later.
Speaker 2: You go down a lot of like they'll go. They live in the suburbs. Now they move from the city to the suburbs. But you'll do a weekend in the city. It'll stay like live an insula, you like, you hang out all weekend and it's so cute.
Speaker 3: You just hang out in your robes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I support him, like he's he loves music, he's in a band, So I support him. And I think that's what was missing, is that he felt that I wasn't supportive of him. It was always about the business, and you know, the business is always it's my name on the business. So he's always felt like he was sort of left.
Speaker 4: Oh second fiddle metaplause to which enhanced the you know where you're just you know what's interesting?
Speaker 6: I took What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I'm just asking a simple quick what are you asking? Really?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: Sorry, no, I think I think I learned a lot from that divorce and how to deal with my emotions and when things get red hot. Now I'm just like, okay, take a deep breath, boundaries, you're not comfortable, just leave the room and it works.
Speaker 3: But Janet, are you guys exclusive to each other?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: We are exclusive to each Okay, Okay, we don't date other people.
Speaker 1: Isn't that That's great. I'm glad it worked out for you guys a family.
Speaker 6: I know it's not normal and we're just not normal people in general, so it works for us. But people laugh, they're like, wait, what, you're still back with your Wait? What is I don't.
Speaker 3: Understand you're dating your exit?
Speaker 6: Like, are you guys remarried? I'm like no, They're like, what how are your kids with that?
Speaker 2: I'm like, fine, that's so interesting, isn't it. Let me ask you guys this, what are some signs?
Speaker 3: For instance?
Speaker 2: Okay, so my ex woyfriend saying hey, don't cheat, that was projecting.
Speaker 7: I think the biggest sign of starting fights because you're starting a fight with the girl because you're cheating on her. Out you're cheating on her, and you start a fight so that you can tell yourself, oh, she's a bit like look at her, like that's fine, she's just as bad, and go and do your own thing on the side you're right, and just justify it in your own head by making her seem more difficult than she probably is.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: I think I mad not because I was cheating, because I wanted to end a relationship it's like an easy out.
Speaker 1: So that's actually a really good point.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, Stephen, do can you think of any.
Speaker 1: I've got one.
Speaker 4: So I did the girl, and I noticed that romantically, like things were changing and like there was more god, how do I say this?
Speaker 1: Words clean?
Speaker 4: But like there was some new tricks in them, like this is unusual. Like so a ninety nine point nine percent sure that those tricks were being learned outside of my arena.
Speaker 1: Like, oh there were some moves. Yeah, someone was someone was giving her a college education, you know.
Speaker 2: She suddenly showed up with new moves like yeah, I was like, oh, this this is very unusual.
Speaker 4: So like I thought, Okay, hindsight I look back, I'm like, oh god, yeah no, now it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that is so scandalous.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: What's her name?
Speaker 1: I can't I said that he was a public figure. I don't want to bring anyone into this.
Speaker 3: We know she wasn't a public figure.
Speaker 5: Or a bill.
Speaker 3: Can I be on it? Can I play Devil's advocate though?
Speaker 2: Or she was reading a book or watching videos or something like, oh, bring tricks to the bedroom to your guy happy research.
Speaker 4: Yeah no no, no, no, no, no, no, no, Now there were other factors that when I look back, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh duh, Like now it's making sense.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, Okay, what do you think is worse to you, guys, physical cheating or an emotional affair?
Speaker 1: Define an emotional affair.
Speaker 3: I've never had an emotional affair. I really haven't. I don't have like a emotion neither.
Speaker 2: So not physical like you never make out or anything, but like you guys are opening up to each other and you're like, oh my god, I talked to you like I can't talk to my husband this way, Like you're so amazing you make me feel a certain way. Or just meeting someone on an airplane, you know, hey, I have like a few hours before my meeting, let's hook up.
Speaker 1: Well that's cheating, yes, physical cheating.
Speaker 3: So which one would be worse?
Speaker 2: A physical cheating like Wambam done, or like an ongoing emotional affair I've had.
Speaker 8: I've had two situations in my life where they were bacherette parties. One was they were in Chicago, another one was bacherette party in Miami.
Speaker 5: Ended up kind of.
Speaker 8: With my group of friends at a table, et cetera, where the bride this happened where the bride actually like came out and was like I don't really want to do this.
Speaker 5: And then like after like long nuted talking, I had won.
Speaker 8: That was like I think you're my soulmate, like crazy crazy crazy what yeah?
Speaker 1: Whoa? And what was there any any physical contact.
Speaker 5: One of them? Yes, the other one now because I learned my lesson from the first.
Speaker 3: Wait, this happened twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bride came to.
Speaker 5: You different different different brides, like unbelievable.
Speaker 8: First one was wait, like similar to twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, Area Social twenty five. They were, you know, big table there, big bachelrette party, comes have a really fun night. And that one the bride like left. I think she left her shoes or something. So she had like come back the next day up to my house and was like so the maid of honor. All of them were like where the hell did she go?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 8: And she had to like go come back the next morning and she like told me, She's like, you are the love of my life.
Speaker 5: I just met this person, right.
Speaker 1: And then she said I had.
Speaker 8: I had a second similar type of situation in Miami, but I'd left, I'd learned my lesson for the first time and just didn't let that go anywhere.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 8: But but those bachel parties, I'll tell you what, Like things get out of hand. Things get out of hand.
Speaker 9: Will you allow your fiance one day to go on a bachelor party?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think you have to be able to trust the person that you're with. Like, I'm not a I'm like a full trust person. I don't I don't have any issues with that. But there are people like if they're really really unhappy. And in both these cases, it was like they were supposed to get married to these people. I think one of them ended up calling off the wedding, which was good, but the other one he like went through it and is like married with kids. But like it was there was a lot of pressure because all her friends were there and like they were just like too far down the pipe and she just decided to go through with it.
Speaker 3: Anyways, Wow, are they still together?
Speaker 8: I mean, I like, I haven't talked to I haven't talked like ten to fifteen years. There's a long time ago. But I remember seeing that she was married, she had kids. Like this is Facebook era, right, Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, wow, Facebook era, I'm dead. Wow, that's Wild.
Speaker 1: Anyone else have an opinion on which is worse. I think physical cheating is always worse. It's worse.
Speaker 8: I think emotional is worse actually for a variety of reasons because a lot of times, I think it's that, you know, it's that feeling that your partner can't give you what you know, what you want, and that trust and that it's like they're the person they're going to instead of it. And I've seen this happen, like in work situations where you know someone's got their like work what like their work wife or their work husband, and they're going to them, you know, over everything, and that eventually either materializes or not. But I think that's I personally think that's worse because it's like more ongoing, it's a slow burn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, would you cigar in our cigar talk here.
Speaker 2: Is hiding texts cheating or depends on what's in the texts? Well, I was gonna say, if nothing physical has happened, but you don't want your significant other to see you texting with someone, so you're like hiding the text or deleting them, is that cheating?
Speaker 4: We knew a guy and I won't mention names, but he left his phone on the counter, someone that we both know, and this cell phone was the cleanest one he would delete the text. There was not one deleted every text. It was clean, empty, like zero inbox. Like we're like, oh shit, like this is this doesn't seem normal to us.
Speaker 5: That and then if somebody like changes a name.
Speaker 8: Right, oh, interesting, that's actually that first story, Like that's how that's how I ended up catching that person because they started getting texts from like somebody that I knew, but like I checked the number was it? And they deleted like hundreds of text messages going back and oh and I think, like there's really no reason other than if you have a spam text like I've I personally I have as many text as anybody probably honest podcast. Yeah, like I've never deleted a text before, Like I just don't think there's any reason to go do that. Yeah, but you know, when you see people changing names or that, that's a big red flat to me at.
Speaker 4: Least, I would agree, Yeah, that seems very suspicious. Yeah, you're changing a name.
Speaker 2: Yeah that is How about flirting is flirting cheating? Would you guys consider flirting cheating?
Speaker 6: I think flirting is not cheating.
Speaker 1: I think Kate Kate has a different opinion of us. I saw you, Km, What do you think.
Speaker 9: I think, like being friendly is one thing, and like having conversations is one thing, but if you're consistently flirting with someone, that's a little weird.
Speaker 3: I agree that's weird.
Speaker 6: But don't you think some people have that flirtatious personality? Yeah, you know what I mean, Like they're harmless, they're just they want to engage with people.
Speaker 1: Or some people just like the attention. That's it.
Speaker 7: They're going to a party and they're married, and I've been to a lot of parties with like certain people's wives just like to go over to the other girls husbands and like flirt with them, and they like the attention for whatever reason.
Speaker 6: I think it's when you're touchy feely, right or like or like you're talking to them for the whole night instead of anybody else. That's a redflec.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that's just much more of a personality trait.
Speaker 8: There's certain people that are like that all the time, and then there's other people where it's like if you have if you're like super introverted and all of a sudden, like you're spending the whole night in the corner with that other person that might be different than the person that's just kind of you know, there all the time doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: What about this, you guys, if your friend knew that your partner was cheating, would you want your friend to tell you?
Speaker 3: This kind of came up.
Speaker 2: One of my friends recently found out about possible infidelity with her sister. That you know, the brother in law and her sister, can we I can't tell you you don't know them, And so, yeah, one of my friends recently had this situation and we talked about it, and where she decided that she didn't want to tell the friend is because they have kids and she was a little nervous about just the long term effects of breaking up not only a relationship but.
Speaker 3: Of a family. So I thought that was kind of interesting.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that is interesting, especially if there's kids, because like maybe they she already does know about it.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 9: I think you should maybe allude to it a couple different ways and see if they their response.
Speaker 1: So let's role.
Speaker 4: Play hypothetically Brad and Janet are married. Okay, how would you how would you address Janet? Because this is a good this is good. Brad was cheating on Jane Janet.
Speaker 9: I saw Brad out the other night. He was very busy talking to some girls like things like that where you could kind of mate your reaction. If she like shut it right down, I would say, like, maybe this is something between them, they're working it out. She doesn't want to talk to other people about it, so.
Speaker 2: Kind of fuel it out a little bit alto it, but don't say anything until you.
Speaker 1: Feel it out.
Speaker 9: You know. If it was me, I'd be like, you know, what are you talking about? I need information and then you could get into it.
Speaker 3: I agree, because I think some people don't want to know.
Speaker 7: I mean I think most people don't want to know, especially if they have young kids at home or blow up. Most people don't want their lives to blow up overnight. Yeah, so you have to be very careful when bringing that up. And I would probably say only if it's one of your closest friends where you feel that comfort level.
Speaker 1: Would you potentially bring.
Speaker 7: It up someone that you sort of know when you see you sort of stay away?
Speaker 1: I would think.
Speaker 2: Would you ever maybe write an email? That's what I said to my friend. I said, maybe do you do like an anonymous letter or email. I mean, I don't know then you're not tied to it, you know.
Speaker 8: I think that's just like a very unfair thing because there might be like a good explanation for it. But I agree with you that I think the pecking order is like how close of a friend they are? Yeah, and also like which of the people in the relationship are you better friends with? I think makes a big difference on those because the truth is too like you'd never know what type of what's going on in somebody else's bedroom. You don't know what the relationship dynamics are. Yeah, it's just a really hard thing to like jump into. But if it's it's like you're the best man at that person's wedding and you know you saw uh, you know her with the tennis instructors something like, there's a threshold for it, but I think it's got to be pretty high.
Speaker 4: Those tennis instructors, by the way, Wow, there's a lot of infidelity with the with the tennis teachers. Multiple especially play tennis, especially in the I know people, That's what I mean, right, I know people.
Speaker 5: Friends and neighbors.
Speaker 6: You know, that shows they're very bored in the suburbs.
Speaker 8: You know, it's like and like that's that's the thing. And then I don't know if you guys ever see that guy pee guy on.
Speaker 1: Watched him.
Speaker 8: That's like one of the big themes always is like yeah, wife, he's you know, doing two days with the tennis instructor's happy.
Speaker 5: But like he's making that joke because that's like a thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about the old saying, once a cheater, always a cheater. Do you think that's true? Or can people change?
Speaker 4: I think people of all, they can redeem themselves to become better. I think there's growth with age, you know. I think if you cheat any your twenties, you know, men are still kind of developing their brains in the early twenties, and you know you have more to.
Speaker 1: Lose as you get older. Yeah, and you have a family, you have kids, you know. I think it's different.
Speaker 6: What do you guys think, Well, how about if you're in your forties?
Speaker 1: Different?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Different, right?
Speaker 1: Different.
Speaker 6: I think I just think that it's situational, Like it depends on the person, right, Like.
Speaker 1: I see the people I know who are cheaters or serial cheaters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and whoever they're with me too, Yeah, yeah, it doesn't matter if she's a five or a ten. It's yeah, they it's something about them. It's like an addiction. Yes, right, it's just a cheater addiction.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, just going back to something you said, you said, most people don't want to know if someone's doing as my friends, please tell me.
Speaker 1: Okay, if my world.
Speaker 3: Blows up overnight, if I as long as I know.
Speaker 1: The truth, that's not good.
Speaker 3: I don't want my world to blow up overnight.
Speaker 2: Bill, But you and I hope we stay together forever and every are the one thing though that we tear.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I'm just as bad as my ex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: So I'm not even saying, like Bill, I would never cheer, you never cheat on me. It's like it's so funny. So Bill and I I never ever ever, like look at his messages. I'm never insecure. He can do whatever he wants you and go wherever he wants, just because I'm really confident.
Speaker 4: All like I don't even know my pass codes and stuff. She has this APPA.
Speaker 3: No, that's not why, but.
Speaker 2: Because we never say to each other, Okay, well, everything gonna be okay. I hope you don't cheat on me, like, I hope you don't have to be worried about anything, do I We never do that because I think we just I think you know who you are and I know who I am, and I know like I wouldn't cheat on you, and you know what, you wouldn't shoot on me.
Speaker 3: But if it ever did happen, can you guys please tell me?
Speaker 4: Would you want to know when we when we were about to get married, I was going to go to dinner with this lifelong girlfriend of mine and you're like, what what?
Speaker 1: Like now, we've been friends.
Speaker 4: Like college, like we've been very close friends, platonic and she made me bring someone to the dinner and none of my friends were available, and I wound up calling like this seventy year old buddy of mine like we have cigars together. I'm like, hey, you want to come to dinner And my friend's like, why is this older man having dinner with us tonight?
Speaker 1: From your previous relationship?
Speaker 2: Kid, I was about to say, I don't want to name.
Speaker 1: But like this is going to be really fricking weird.
Speaker 2: Because it was at the beginning of the relationship and I think I did have you know, a little stress PTSD from him cheating, and it was like such a shock. So you're right, But now all these years later, do I ever question anything.
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 9: He doesn't have to go out with the chaperone anymore.
Speaker 2: No, kid, he does not have to go no more chaperones. If the guy is not introducing you to our girls, on introducing you to our friends, that is definitely a red.
Speaker 1: Flag in your current marriage or only marriage.
Speaker 4: Kate, how long did it take for your husband to introduce you to his friends and his family?
Speaker 3: Great question.
Speaker 9: I think it was our second date.
Speaker 1: Second date, okay, yeah, and then.
Speaker 9: I met you guys soon after.
Speaker 1: Yes you did.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to be in a relationship with an insecure person. It's the worse.
Speaker 4: I think it's also the partner who has to help with that insecurity and make that person feel secure, right, So I think it cuts both ways. So perhaps if you're insecure in a relationship, it may not be your fault. It may be the person you're dating is not providing you with the affection and the love and the attention that you should have in that relationship.
Speaker 7: And then it's probably not the right relationship.
Speaker 4: No, I'm being honest, like I've been in relationships where I felt insecure and it's like, oh, well I wasn't.
Speaker 1: You know, I wasn't, But it's the wrong relationship. It was the wrong relationship. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it was Maya Angelou. And someone shows you who they are, you got to believe them, you know. That was her famous quote, and I think that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone shows you their true colors. Yeah, it's a great quote.
Speaker 6: I feel like sometimes insecurities within people stem from like upbringing. You know, maybe they're insecure because they never had the affection or the love from you know, their family, their parents, like, it could be multiple reasons. I feel that everybody has a level of insecurity. It just depends on how you portray that insecurity. Like a lot of people are insecure in communications with you know, their other half or their partner, right because they don't want to fight. But it's part of insecurity as well. You're afraid to have a meaningful, true conversation that needs to happen, but you're insecure, and that leads to other things.
Speaker 4: The men here, I'm going to ask you guys this question. You know, if you have a buddy who's married, you know and out having affairs, You pull them aside and be like what the are you doing? Or do you not bring it up? Like hey man, like this isn't cool? Like I don't because if you're going to cheat on your wife and your kids, you're gonna cheat on me as a friend or as a business partner or and I think you owe them that respect, although then it violates the bro code, you know, like where do you how do you feel on that?
Speaker 7: I'd like to say that of course, you pull the person aside and you have that conversation. It's not always the easiest thing to do. They don't always want they don't ever want the conversation, and they know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: There's no surprises. They know they're being shitty, so they don't need you to tell them.
Speaker 7: You just sort of put a mental note in your head, so you know more about this person than you did before and you move forward accordingly.
Speaker 5: I think it also again it's situation. It's situational.
Speaker 8: I think that it depends a how close you are with that person and what you know about the dynamic, because sometimes again there's things that are happening that you have no idea about.
Speaker 1: They might have an arrangement.
Speaker 9: I think with like the serial cheaters too, that people may know them socially, but they're maybe not great friends with them. The serial cheater never has like the really great friends because they can't they can't manage their relationships. So we might like a group of people might know them socially, but no one's extremely tight with them.
Speaker 2: Interesting if it was me and like it was my good friend and suddenly she started on this pattern and was like having an affair or cheating, I mean, at some point I think I'm her good friend. That's one of my duties is to actually help her. If you want to be with this other person, just let your husband go or your boyfriend go.
Speaker 3: You got to be honest with them. It's not right, Bill.
Speaker 1: Don't you think I would hope?
Speaker 4: So you know, I mean speaking in our relationship, I would want to know. I would want to be able to move on and you know, yeah, I'd rather that than you cheat on me.
Speaker 8: You know, the related the related thing on that is a lot of times with those relationships and every friend is like, oh, you know, I knew or this person was so bad for you, like and then that's always where people are like, well, why didn't you tell me in the time. And and you know, the reason people don't do it a lot of times is because if they do work things out, you know, and it gets back to their partner, then it's like, oh, that's the person that like trying to you know, bust our relationship like people have that.
Speaker 5: That happens a lot.
Speaker 6: It creates drama and confrontation. Yeah, and trust sometimes trust.
Speaker 7: Or if you tell the spout or if you tell them your husband your wife is cheating on you and they end up staying with them or going back to them, then they're embarrassed to be with you and poisons the world.
Speaker 2: The other Yes, the flip side, which you just brought up, is a much tougher scenario. So I was saying it more like if it was my best friend and and she was doing the cheating, I'd be like, dude, you've got to make some life changes here, like just figure this out. Like if it's my best friend's husband, that makes it a lot tougher. I mean, best friend, of course I might have to tell her, But if it's a friend's husband, it's like that's tougher because if they stay together, you're the one.
Speaker 7: And then you're usually out, you're out there.
Speaker 2: That's why the anonymous email, back to the anonymous letter, anonymous email.
Speaker 3: But I think that yeah, I don't know. The whole thing is so crazy, is.
Speaker 9: Not Juliana Ransick? Yeahho do cat.
Speaker 2: Email?
Speaker 1: How do you know when you're with someone that is not a cheater? You know what?
Speaker 4: What are the signs of someone who is loyal? You know that you can yourself, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, open book, having the code yes house is or girlfriend or boyfriend's cell phone.
Speaker 3: Number, like I think an open book.
Speaker 2: I think when you find the person that you want to be with and that you're going to marry and that you're super confident in, that's when you're just okay, open book.
Speaker 1: I don't think the majority of people are cheaters, right.
Speaker 7: I think most people, if they're in a relationship with someone, they want to be in a relationship with that person, yes, and they want to put all their energy into that. So it's only when things go askew somewhere that things change. But most people that I at least post people that I know, seem pretty happy and stable and comfortable in their relationships.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I think some of the cheaters are cheating because they're unhappy obviously, but sexually they're not fulfilled. There's a lot of marriages where sex is a big issue, like they don't have sex anymore, and we all know men need sex, right like, so they they need to fussings to women.
Speaker 2: I'm good, just put on like Love Island UK episode thirty nine hundred and I'm fine.
Speaker 6: We've got our dogs and our kids and this kid.
Speaker 3: I love the dogs.
Speaker 6: But anyways, yes, I think a lot of not saying all men or you know, all women, but they're just not sexually fulfilled. Instead of having this conversation with your other have hey I'm not sexually fulfilled and.
Speaker 4: It's well, but I think some men want the strange, you know, they want the new, the excitement.
Speaker 1: That's what I don't get same like that.
Speaker 7: But that's that's when the flings come in in the random one night's stamp things. And I don't think those guys and we know those guys are looking to leave their wives or leave their family.
Speaker 1: No, it's a one off thing. Sometimes you have to see.
Speaker 8: Shack was on a podcast recently and he had this like unbelievable.
Speaker 5: So the hostess was like, is it possible.
Speaker 8: For one of these NBA superstars to actually be monogamous, and Check basically was like no, and he goes, but in my experience, there's three types of cheaters. I may butcher this, but I'll get some of it right. The first one was the it was basically the serial cheater. Right, this person like every time they go to another city, they have the rules lined up.
Speaker 5: They're just gonna do that.
Speaker 8: There is no if aans or butts, it's just part of the program. And that their wife either knows or doesn't. But it's just they're gonna be no matter who they're with, they're always going to be that cheater. The second one he calls the James Bond cheater, and he goes, this is, uh, you know, you're in a hotel room and you're at the hotel bar on the road in Portland and you're you're just sitting there and some little thing comes up and it's like a one night stand. You never talked to them again, and it's like the James Bond cheater and you're just onto the next one and you know you had that night, never spoken about again, never no additional context. And then the third one he's like, there's also the ones that are the guys that are forced to cheat and the host is like, what do you mean forced to cheat?
Speaker 5: You know, you're on the road for seven days.
Speaker 8: You come back, your wife's bitching about, you know, ten different things, like they're not in the mood to you know, to be in a mint with you, to take care of you, and all of a sudden you're just like, well, what the fuck am I doing? Like I'm on the road, I'm trying to be good and I come home to this rationally and they rationalize it, and you know, I think that's like that's probably like that was a really interesting list.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Is interesting if there's like intimacy missing in the relationship and one half of the relationship is not fulfilled. Instead of keeping like pushing each other away away, away away, come together and figure out how do we solve this problem before mistakes are made? Right?
Speaker 3: Is that? Basically?
Speaker 8: I think communications like really important there too. If there's something you know to your point you're not getting Like if you don't tell the person that you can't fix problems that you don't know exist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because in.
Speaker 6: All honesty, I think a lot of problems that arise in a relationship is because they one feels like they're not fulfilled, right, and so then there's a pile of issues that pile up because you have a lack of communication. And I mean, I get it. It's hard to have to difficult conversations with your other half. It's hard. I mean it's much easier to have conversations with your friends, right because there's like no judgment and there's no emotions. But when it comes to your husband or your wife and you're talking about something serious like this, it's like, well, it's your fault. No, it's your fault. It's blame. You know, all you do is blame each other. And where is that going to go?
Speaker 1: Nowhere?
Speaker 6: Nowhere? So there needs to be needs to be checked out, correct, correct, and most people don't know how to do that. I mean I have a hard time doing that. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the bottom line is don't cheat, folks. Yeah, you get.
Speaker 1: One takeaway here.
Speaker 4: Life's a lot easier when you take the high road and you communicate like.
Speaker 8: Just being honest, being the same person, and like all the time it's just you know, you asked earlier about the like red flags that you see, and I remember my very first job, like trading on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade. First day of work, are the managing partner of the firm goes, it's only two things. We can fire you for one if you're ever late opening Bolls eight thirty. Never missed that, but too if you lie about anything. It's like, if you lie about little things, you lie about the big things. And I've just seen that like at work in relationships, that just is consistently true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you just are honest about it, there's nothing that I think a couple can't overcome, right, And the couple might just decide, hey, then we should split up, you know, And that's better than just like going down this horrible path of lies and deception and pain. It's like, just what the hell does that lead to?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: One lie leads to another one.
Speaker 2: To just be honest, don't cheat, and tell the person he's got.
Speaker 5: The mental capacity to remember all those.
Speaker 1: The older you get to, the harder it is.
Speaker 6: People say in reality, hey guys, or hey, by the way, I'm gonna cheat.
Speaker 3: To me, you know, don't imagine if they did a lot of problems.
Speaker 6: Thanks for telling you.
Speaker 2: I've told you I have a BS in Relationship Expertise Psychology because absolutely.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much. We appreciate the.
Speaker 2: Time, thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Bye guys,