Speaker 1: Hey, this is Stephen Ferdick.
Speaker 2: I'm the pastor of Elevation Church, and this is our podcast.
Speaker 1: Be sure to.
Speaker 2: Subscribe so we can get you these new sermons every week. I hope you're blessed today.
Speaker 3: Remains standing, remain standing. Once you've hugged enough, put those hands together, and welcome our EPAM all over the world. Hey, hey, everybody, we're about to be We're about to be out on the road this week. Elevation Knights Miami, Florida, Tampa, Florida, Knoxville, Tennessee, Atlanta Area, Birmingham. Then we're going to Texas. I'm gonna get Tim Riggins, and then we're going over to Love It and Dallas and Houston. Elevation Nights dot com. There are some tickets and some locations. Don't buy it from a scalper. Don't support that nonsense. But we really want to see you there. We're expecting God to do great, amazing things. Clap your hands if you're expecting it right now.
Speaker 1: God is good. God is good.
Speaker 3: God is so good, so faithful.
Speaker 1: Well today, this message that.
Speaker 3: I have to share with you is one that everybody in the room needs. So sometimes I'll say this message is for somebody. I don't know who this is for, but today I know it's for all y'all. So look at somebody and say you too, not the band.
Speaker 1: It's going to be good.
Speaker 3: I'm going to read from Matthew, chapter fifteen, verse twenty nine through thirty eight, a familiar story with a twist, and not for the sake of being clever, but for the sake of something that I believe God wants to speak to you today in a fresh way, Matthew, chapter fifteen, verse twenty nine. And while you're turning there in your Bible, I let us know online where you're joining us from. We'd love to know your name and where you're joining us from as well, right there in the comments, Matthew, chapter fifteen, verse twenty nine. Jesus left there and went along the Sea of Galilee. Then he went up on a mountain side and sat down. Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute, many others, and laid them at his feet, and he healed them. The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking. The crippled made well, the lame walking, and the blind see and they praised the God of Israel. Jesus called his disciples to him and said, I have compassion.
Speaker 1: For these people.
Speaker 3: They have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way. His disciples answered, where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd. How many loaves do you have, Jesus asked, seven, they replied, and a few small fish. He told the crowd to sit down on the ground. Then he took the seven loaves and fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and they in turned to the people. They all ate and were satisfied. Afterward, the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. Okay, verse thirty eight, let's read this one too. The number of those who ate was four thousand men, besides women and children. And I'm calling this message today navigating not enough. We've all been there, we will all be there at some point. So I can't think of a more important class to teach today than navigating not enough. And let's just pray one more time for the Holy spirit to guide us into truth.
Speaker 1: Lord, you said that.
Speaker 3: You would do that, that you would lead us and guide us and remind us of the things that matter, and teach us the things that we need to know. Do that just now, for these people, for everybody who will hear this message, is navigating something that.
Speaker 1: Is not enough. But you are more than enough.
Speaker 3: So bring us to that place in space and presence of mind to see you as you are. We give you praise in Jesus' name. Man, you may be seated. I made a list in my phone. I read it to you. Time, money, sleep, energy, friends, confidence, opportunity, authority, freedom, flexibility, discipline, experience, joy, peace, wisdom. And I stopped there with fifteen because Matthew, fifteen, I thought would be cool to do fifteen fifteen things that I just said that someone in this room feels like they don't have enough of right now. Time, money, sleep, energy, friends, confidence, opportunity, authority, freedom, flexibility, discipline, experience, joy, peace, wisdom. Everyone will have to navigate an area of not enough in your life in a way that comforts me to know that for all the things that I don't feel like I have enough of, there's some things you don't have enough of with your needy self. Either kind of evens the playing field. So don't be intimidated. Don't be intimidated.
Speaker 1: Not in here any way.
Speaker 3: The ground is level at the foot of the cross. We're all here because we need Jesus, and Jesus is complete. Jesus Christ is complete, fully, god fully man. At the sound of that truth echoes back another truth that in him I am complete, He is enough.
Speaker 1: I am enough.
Speaker 3: And yet there's no shortage of needs in this room. And everyone will have to pass through in different moments of your life, different facets of this same.
Speaker 1: Neighborhood called not enough.
Speaker 3: And we have to talk about how to navigate that, because I have found that not only is the not enough thing a battle that never goes away, but it is a battle that never fully gets in balance. And what I mean by that is when I read that list of things, there have been seasons in my life where I worked my way into enough of one of them, only to find another one screaming, Hey, now that you got enough money, you don't have any time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought about this in the area of discipline. I tried to be a disciplined person in my life. I need that to stay on track. And yet I noticed the times in my life where my discipline is really keyed in. Sometimes I get so rigid that I lose my empathy. And I'm doing really good with my disciplines, but I'm mad at everybody else that they aren't as disciplined as me. Now I'm judging, So it's good. You know. I've got my macros and my workouts and my Bible time. But creates a whole other not enough over on this side, and I don't really want to stay in this too long. Just wanted to set up the idea of not enough. And I realized when I made the title navigating not enough, and God kind of led me to call this message that that in that title navigating not enough, I am the best one to teach this class because the two biggest fears in my life are both in that title, not enough and navigating.
Speaker 1: I told you two weeks.
Speaker 3: Ago that I have no sense of direction, and I still don't. There's been no supernatural miracle since then. And the idea of this passage here, I looked at one verse and I want to show it to you again that the disciples said again a pretty familiar scripture that I'm sharing with you today. But what they said to Jesus when he said I want to feed all these people I can get with because in verse thirty three, they answered, where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd? And we're going to stay with that question for a moment because it's very important. Where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd? And here are my two primary fears in life, all in one Bible verse. And the first one is the fear of running out, which runs deep for me. I don't know if there's any scarcity mentality in your life, or some kind of like efficit oriented way of thinking where you wake up each day at zero. I don't know if you ever do a little fire drills to try to figure out how you could sell everything and live in, living in underground, live in a tent somewhere if it came to that. But the fear of running out, I can't tell you how. I can't explain. I cannot explain to you how important it is that my phone is completely charged. Ninety three percent is not one hundred percent. I cannot run out of battery. What would I do. If the phone died, I would die. It's a fear that runs from everything from iPhones to sermon material.
Speaker 1: A lot of times when I.
Speaker 3: Preached too long is because I was scared I'd get up here and have nothing to say. So then I went and messed around study too long and kept you three hours.
Speaker 1: But my heart's in the right place.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to show up hungry and collapse when you leave because I was watching the game instead.
Speaker 1: So I really really really relate to.
Speaker 3: This thing of where could we get enough, the fear of running out, and then what makes it even.
Speaker 1: Worse put the scripture back up?
Speaker 3: Where could we get enough bread in this remote place?
Speaker 1: Did you notice that?
Speaker 3: So now, not only do I not have enough, that's my first fear in life, but I don't know where I am, and I need to know where I am. And if I don't know where I am, I need to be with somebody who knows where they are. And that's where you're like, But the disciples had Jesus, so it really didn't matter, because if you've got Jesus, you've always got enough. And isn't it interesting how confidently you say that about them?
Speaker 1: Back then?
Speaker 3: But if we followed you back into your neighborhood of not enough. And you know, when you get a little older, you don't even really know if you can depend on your body in the same way that you could. And I know I'm not old or anything like that, still vital, but yo, I pulled a muscle when I woke I thought I pulled a muscle when I woke up this morning, and I was like, oh no. For about five minutes, I was like, who's going to preach? And the worst part was I pulled it yawning, not lifting weights. I wasn't doing yoga or anything. I just yawned in something pop just to remind me, just to remind me.
Speaker 1: You know two extremes that we get into.
Speaker 3: I think when we look at what we don't have and what we need, there is an extreme that we go into, which is denial. You know, no, I'm good, I'm good, I'm good until you completely crash. And then the other one is despair, where you are so aware of what you don't have that you don't realize what you do have. And so, yes, the disciples have Jesus, and yes he has all knowledge, and yes he is omniscient. And he was, and is and will be all of those things for you. But it does not change the fact that they are in a remote place with limited resource. Now that's who I want to speak to today. You are in a remote place with a limited resource. Either of those is scary, just to be somewhere that is remote. I'm not talking about just physically. You know that. I'm talking about emotional states that you've never experienced. I mentioned stages of life that you've never experienced. It could even be, you know, beyond just the psychological. It could be just beyond the chronological. It could be that you are dealing with a series, a combination, or a sequence of things that you've never experienced.
Speaker 1: Quite like this.
Speaker 3: Everybody say remote place, now say limited resource. So I don't have enough, and I don't know where I am, and I don't know enough to get where I need to go to get what I need. And I don't know where I am and I don't have what I need. And those are my two biggest nightmares in life. So I decided to preach about it. Navigating not enough. If you were under the age of twenty, you will never know the terror of navigating by map, not an app called maps, not an interactive satellite guided device like.
Speaker 1: A map map.
Speaker 3: I went in the gas station yesterday and I was gonna buy one to bring out here and unfold it and like an icebreaker for the crowd and say, y'all, remember these, everybody who pulls a muscle when you yawn, y'all remember these. And I was gonna they didn't even have a map at the gas station. What is the world come to? I can't get a map at the gas station.
Speaker 1: Elijah asked me before he went to college.
Speaker 3: He said, how did you used to do it? How did you get anywhere? I said, son, it was traumatic. Your mom is great at directions, but she was better than me. When we first moved to Charlotte, there was the biggest city I'd.
Speaker 1: Ever lived in.
Speaker 3: And I would go have appointments with people all through the highways and the byways and the mean streets of Weddington, Waxaw, Mint Hill, And I kid you not, there was not a single.
Speaker 1: Meeting that I took that I would not end up on the phone with Holly.
Speaker 3: And she would be at the house and I'd be on the road and she would be guiding me. The Holly spirit would be guiding me, and I don't know. We just celebrated twenty one years of marriage. I don't know if we would have made it. Don't clap too quick. I don't know if we'd have made it at five, if we would have kept having to go that way, because you know, the thing about us communicating in this way is she had never lived here either, so it all sounds good while she's telling me what to do from the house with the map from two years ago. It changed everything. You know, people say I would have loved to have been a disciple and followed Jesus. I wouldn't back then. You wouldn't either. You know, you might have. You might eventually have loved it, but not in a moment. Because I want you to think about this. They're in a remote place, they're they're healing people. Who knows how long he's gonna keep doing this. It's been three days, and he doesn't seem tired yet because he's fully God. And now he pulls them to the side. And this is verse twenty two, because it's all really well and good as long as he's doing the work. But then he called the disciples to him and said, I have compassion for these people, they've already been with me. Now, that phrase been with me in the original language of the Bible doesn't just mean they hung out. It means that they've been cleaving to me. They've been staying with me. They've been hanging with me. They've been pulling on me, they've been pressing towards me, they've been receiving from me. So touch somebody real quick and say stay with him.
Speaker 1: Stay with him.
Speaker 3: If you feel crippled in an area of your life, if you feel lame in an area of your life, if you feel blind in an area of your life, if you feel like you're mute in an area of your life, I got some good guidance for you. Stay with Jesus. Good things happen when you stay with him. Good things happen when you stay with him. And I don't think it's a coincidence that they stayed three days. Read something in the Bible about three days. I'll just think about that. It's really it's really wonderful to think about, how you know this thing we say, where God guides, he provides. Have you heard that one where God guides he provides?
Speaker 1: I fully attest to that. I fully believe in that.
Speaker 3: My life is a trophy of the grace of God, that everywhere He has led me, he has provided for me.
Speaker 1: Where God guides, he provides.
Speaker 3: But the thing that that leaves out if you just put it on a bumper sticker, that where God guides, he provides, is that a lot of times we are guessing about where he's guiding us. I know you don't want to admit it, especially the men, because you don't want to admit you're lost. You rather drive in circles seven years.
Speaker 1: I'm not like that. I would call Holly. I would call her in a heartbeat. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I had a girl who could read a map, and I was determined to tap into her full resources. There's no male ego on me. I don't want to be lost. I'm too scared for that. And you know, if you get lost enough in your life, you will humble yourself to the point where you say, well, I don't normally like to ask for help. I don't like to admit I've never done this before. I don't like to say I was wrong. I don't like to ask somebody that I need them to show me in this area of my life. Sometimes we just aren't hungry enough yet, lost enough yet. But there's somebody in this room and you are and you are navigating and not enough in your life in this season that has brought you to the precipice. Or although you have pressed in to Jesus, you are in danger of collapsing on the way. That's what Jesus said. I don't want you to collapse along the way, and I've.
Speaker 1: Got good news for you. The Bible says that Jesus has compassion. If God gave you a new car, would you praise him for it?
Speaker 3: Paid off nice one, fast one, sexy one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you praise them for a new car?
Speaker 3: If God paid off your house, would you praise them for it? If God said, I'm giving you my compassion, There'd be nothing greater you could praise him for than the compassion of a Christ who is fully god Fully God enough to meet all of your needs, Fully God.
Speaker 1: Enough to stop a storm, fully.
Speaker 3: God enough to heal somebody who couldn't walk, and they go dancing out, Fully God enough that the one who couldn't speak left shouting, Fully God enough to do all of that, and fully man enough that, after all is said and done, pull his disciples to the side and say I have compassion for what they lack. I don't know if there's anybody in here who's in religious rehab. You grew up with a God who was waiting to crush you underneath the weight of what you were not yet.
Speaker 1: But we meet at Jesus in Matthew fifteen.
Speaker 3: Come on, get glad about it. Who has compassion for what you lack? So the Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want. That does not mean I will never lack, but it means that in every area where I lack, the Lord is faithful and loyal to me, that he will never leave me in my lack and turn a deaf ear to me when I call him. Let's praise God. Not for a car, not for a house. That's fine, I got a car, I got a house.
Speaker 1: But he has compassion.
Speaker 3: That he looks on my weakness with compassion, that he looks on my lack with compassion. I don't know. I just noticed that this week. I noticed that Jesus said, I have compassion for these people Verse thirty two. And the disciples answered the request that Jesus made about feeding them with logic and calculation. You know, like men often do, like men kind often does. Where can we get enough bread? There's no door dash on my phone. We don't have an app. You know, some people would say that Jesus is better than a GPS, but I don't think he is, because when you use a GPS.
Speaker 1: You get to select the destination.
Speaker 3: But when you follow Christ, he will get you where you need to go. He'll get you there, turn by turn, step by step. He'll do better than reroute you. He will pick your big behind up and carry your dead weight, if that's what it takes. But one thing about this savior. Imagine a GPS that you didn't get to tell it where you want to end up. That's Jesus. Peter's got this boat right. They're going all around ministering to people, and Peter's the one that's driving, okay, But the one who is driving the boat doesn't get to decide where it docks. I don't think you heard what I just said, because I'm describing what a life of following Christ feels like. Sometimes I'm driving this boat, I'm living this life. I'm making decisions. I'm the one having to make these moves. I'm the one having to show up for these things. But ultimately I don't get to decide where this boat docs.
Speaker 1: Jesus does. God does neg that brings you.
Speaker 3: Great comfort, or if you're control freak, it really starts to mess with you, especially when you end up in a remote place. And Jesus starts healing people and he shows no signs of stopping, and he wants the people to be fed, and he pulls the disciples to the side and says, I have compassion for these people. And the disciples answered verse thirty three, where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd? Now I need to slow this down and we can study it. Go to verse thirty two again, Jesus said I have compassion for these What did he say? I have compassion for these people? What did Jesus call them? Look at the disciples in verse thirty three. Where are we going to get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a It's all about how you see it.
Speaker 1: The disciples see crowds. Jesus sees people.
Speaker 3: How many times I've been getting ready to preach, and it's like, I've done everything that you're supposed to do that they taught me how to do. In that overpriced education that they gave me out there in Lousville, Kentucky. And I got a scripture, and I got four commentaries that I read, and I got a research brief that I hired somebody who's better at Greek than me to do, because hey, i have some deficiencies myself, and I've got some stories that might be funny, and I've got some one liners that might be repeatable, tweetable, exible. It's the most called now and then I realize that I have everything that I need except to remember the needs of the people that I'm preaching to. Now follow me. The disciples are worried about bread. Why because Jesus has something they don't have.
Speaker 1: And it might surprise you what Jesus has that they don't. He doesn't have.
Speaker 3: Any bread either. They have seven loaves, he has zero. So they actually have more of the physical product, if I could put it that way, than he does. But he says something. He says Verse thirty two. I have compassion, And sometimes when we think we're lacking provision, what we're really lacking is priorities.
Speaker 1: Follow me.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I don't see the situation.
Speaker 1: Correctly, so I call it not enough but if I.
Speaker 3: Would see it like Jesus sees it, it would instantly become more than enough for what He has called me to do. When I lose my perspective on God's priorities, I will always be running low on provision because it will never be enough.
Speaker 1: And this is why I would really encourage you to.
Speaker 3: Put a limit on how much you compare yourself to other people. Some of the not enough that you feel is not because of an actual amount that you have or don't have. It is because of the act of comparing that you involve yourself in that would say, because they have this, and because I have that, and because they do that and because I do this. Do you see how you have replaced the compassion of Christ with the comparison of man. And when you replace compassion with comparison, when you step outside of your calling, whatever that may be, when you step outside of what God has given you in a sign you to do in your life, you begin to see things as crowds, not people. You begin to see life as a race to be run rather than a journey to be enjoyed with Jesus. And sometimes I'm gonna tell you this, Sometimes I've been praying to God about not enough bread when what I really didn't have enough of with sight to see what he sees, how he sees it? Is this good to you. It's strengthen me because I realized that sometimes it's not the bread that I don't have, it's not the time that I don't have. It's the way I'm spending the time chasing the thing that God never called me to go after. Anyway, my time is a limited resource, my money is a limited resource. But if I never learned to put God first in any of those areas, how can I come to Him about a need that he tried to meet through a priority that I refused to set. Now I'm here to encourage you. I'm here to encourage you that sometimes not enough is a fact.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: I met a lady last weekend. She came up to me in tears. She said, I listen to your sermons. I love God, but I need a job, and we prayed on the spot. I didn't tell her, well, I'll go home and pray about whether God wants you to have a job. You need a job, you have a God. I pray that God would give you the greatest job. I pray that he would open a door for you right now before you get home today. I don't know if he will, but I prayed for that.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 3: I love how She said that, I love God, but I need a job. You do need God and a job for all of y'all. All I need is God thinks and a job.
Speaker 1: And a job. How many can testify at.
Speaker 3: The light company, the power company. They don't really respect that holy ghost currency, do they? And she said, I love God, but I need a job.
Speaker 1: Sometimes. It's a fact when I said sleep. If you have a child under the age.
Speaker 3: Of seventy three seventy four, it's going to be some sleepless nights, right. But what you don't want to do is let one need feed another need feed another need, until you let a situation that is not enough turn into an identity that you are not enough, and eventually start to believe that God is not enough and you die in a desert or a wilderness of want. You don't have enough money, But if you don't trust God with that and move forward in that, then you definitely won't get enough sleep. And if you don't get enough sleep, you won't have enough energy. And if you don't have enough energy, you will not have enough opportunities. And if they come, you'll kill them. You'll yawn at them and pull a muscle. I'm gonna call back as many times. I'm gonna use what the devil meant for evil this morning, and I'm appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I've been afflicted, y'all. I don't have any friends.
Speaker 4: Well, if you let that become, if you let it define you, and you begin to navigate according to what you don't have, Jesus said something interesting.
Speaker 1: He said, I have compassion.
Speaker 3: And when you tap into that, when you tap into the compassion that Christ has for you and the compassion that He has for others, bread is no problem to God. And I was just thinking how different this passage would have been. You know, they fed four thousand people. Verse thirty eight says, and they started with seven loaves. And I think it's amazing that Jesus saw people and they saw a crowd. And it made me start to wonder when it said that they fed four thousand people, why did we always say that it was the feeding of the five thousand? How many y'all heard the story that Jesus fed five thousand? Why don't we always call it that like, why don't we count the women and the children too? Well, they didn't at this time. That's how they did it at that time. And why do we call it five thousand where it says four thousand here?
Speaker 1: How many of you were wondering that when I read it, you're like four thousand?
Speaker 3: I thought it was five?
Speaker 1: What happened to the other thousand? You're not gonna believe this when I tell you.
Speaker 3: This is the second time Jesus did this, So now you're really judging the disciples, because in Matthew fourteen there were five thousand people and five loaves of bread, and Jesus fed all of them, and there were twelve baskets left over.
Speaker 1: A chapter later. I'm not talking about.
Speaker 3: That happened in Matthew three. That happened in Matthew fourteen. What chapter is this?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: How many of y'all are good enough at math to say that's not that long, that's not that long, And how many of you are good enough at math to put this all together?
Speaker 1: They fed five thousand with five loaves.
Speaker 3: Now it's only four thousand and they've got seven loaves. This should be easy, this should be simple. It's just simple math. Holly came to me this week. She's like, you need to see this everyone. While she'll bring me like a trend or something like just something that's going on in pop culture, just to make sure I'm a weird I can be kind of clueless. Sometimes she's like, you need to know a few things today. She'll tell me about gas prices or wars or Taylor Swift attending football games or things important things.
Speaker 1: And then she started showing me these was it.
Speaker 3: TikTok or Instagram something called girl math?
Speaker 1: You've heard of this?
Speaker 3: I have to because Holly showed me girl Math. She was like, watch this clip. And it was a lady saying okay, if this buy one, get one free, and I don't buy it, I basically lost money girl math.
Speaker 1: It was like a hashtag.
Speaker 3: If I spent thirty eight dollars online at Sephora, and but it's free shipping. If you go to forty dollars and I buy twenty dollars a mascara, so I qualified for free shipping. I basically saved money and got the mascara for free, girl Math. And I'm watching this like, why woman are you showing me this? This is triggering to me all kinds of stuff. Then had he goes, if I put the money on my Starbucks card six months ago and spend it is basically free because I already put the money.
Speaker 1: On the car.
Speaker 3: Girl math, and I'm like, well, let me teach you some dad math until you are paying rent in my house and buying food. Okay, anyway, And I don't really know anything about girl math, and I'll probably get you know, criticized or something. I'll get called a sexister, a misogynist, or some toxic masculinity something.
Speaker 1: Over this.
Speaker 3: But I've come to talk about girl math. I do know something, though, about God math, and that's the class I came to teach. Do you know anything about God math? This is not a trend? This is the truth. Can we talk about God math for a minute. Godmth is when you have seven loaves to start with and seven big basketfuls when you're done feeding a crowd. That's I know something about God math. I don't know about this girl math or man math, or boy math or dad math or mom math, but I know something about Do any of you know anything about God math in your life? Maybe not? Where everybody else walked away from you, but God stayed with you, and you found out that if it's just you and God that makes a majority, that's God math. I want to teach a class about God math because the Bible says that He fed four thousand with seven loaves. Anytime you have something left over that is greater than what you started with, that's God math. And they fed four thousand men besides women and children. Did you see that They didn't count the women, they didn't count the children. But God doesn't count like people count. And I'm glad he doesn't count like people counting. Because if we were doing my math and I'm standing at a red sea and all I have is a staff, then the sea is greater than the staff. But if God put me in front of that sea and he spoke a word over my purpose, then guess what happens. The staff becomes greater than the sea. That's God math. If Moses were here, he would teach this class with me. Can Moses be my adjunk professor today? Come on, I need an assistant teacher, somebody who knows something about God math. Maybe we could call on David who had a nine foot giant and a little tiny rock but in the hands of one who is committed.
Speaker 5: And called and chosen and anointed and oiled and raised by God by faith in God, one little rock couldn't have been that big.
Speaker 3: What about two inches around? Yeah, two inches around nine foot giant watch two inches versus nine feet. That's what happens when you get God math in your situation. Or maybe we need to call on Joshua, who's standing in front of a twelve foot thick wall called the Wall of Jericho and all these. God is a trumpet to deal with a wall. Now, anytime you've got a trumpet versus a twelve foot thick wall, you've got a problem, unless you've got a God who is greater than the problem. One trumpet can collapse a twelve foot wall. That's God math. That's not man's math. When you get in man's math, you start saying, they're bigger than us, they're stronger than us. It's greater than us. But when you know that he is four, are you who can be against you? Even if the whole host of the enemy's path rises up.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: There's this one story in the Old Testament. The prophet name Elisha can I preach for a minute. The prophet named Elisha sends a servant out to check in the morning. The servant comes back and says, we're in trouble. There's more of them than there are of us. Elisha said, he's not seeing this right. God is saying over somebody, you are not seeing this right. You're on the wrong app. You keep pulling up your map, you keep pulling up your calculator, you keep doing your math.
Speaker 1: But I got news for you.
Speaker 3: Where God guides, he provides. Watch this. If it's God's map, it's God's math. So when you find yourself in a remote area and you don't know what to do, or how to do it, or what to do it with. If I just came for three people, I wanted you to know, Oh, then if you're wary, puts you. If you're wary, puts you, if you're weary, puts you. Then you have what you need. If it's God's math, it's God's mad. So the prophet said, open his eyes that he may see that there are more with us than with them. That's that God math. Yeah, all of us who are bad at Man's math, let's get good at God's math. Man's math says there's nothing there but except a cloud the size of a man's hand. God's math says, I hear the sound of the abundance of rain getting ready to swell in your life. Yeah, that's God's math. That's God's math. I want to have a class called God's Math, and we only need one.
Speaker 1: Thing to show in the class. It's just one thing.
Speaker 3: If you want to write it down, you can write it down. We don't need a whole semester. We don't need a whole course. I don't even need but five more minutes. Show them what God's math looks like. That's God's math. That's God's math. That's God's math. It's not a hashtag. It's a prophecy. It says that whatever I'm going through is not greater than the God who knew I would be in this remote place with this limited resource. Yeah, but I only got six more months with my kids. That's not enough. It is if you let God do the math, he could take six months and accomplish more than you could in six years.
Speaker 1: Come out of man's math, come out a.
Speaker 3: Little boy's math. Come out a girl's math.
Speaker 1: Women's math.
Speaker 3: I don't need man's math any longer because God knew what I would need for this season. And I have never been in a situation that God called me to and felt like I was enough. That situation never enough is not a feeling. Enough is a place of faith that God is greater God, Math, God, Math, You're glad you came to the class today. Kiss your number two pencils. Make sure it's fully sharpened. I know life has you in a place right now where you never knew you'd be.
Speaker 1: The Disciples could relate.
Speaker 3: The interesting thing about this passage is they were no longer on the shores of Copernaum, where they had done all of their ministry. They were now in a gentile region, having to feed people that were strangers to the Covenant that they belonged to. And Jesus said, I have compassion for these people. And that lets me know is that God saw my situation coming before I did, and He put in me what I need before I felt the need arise. So if I say this to a crowd, then it has a very limited yield. But God sees people today who are navigating are not enough in your life? And you know that not enough so well that.
Speaker 6: It has almost become your name. It has almost become your name. For some of you, it is the shame of the mistakes that you have made that is keeping you stuck in this season. And by man's math, we all fall short of the glory of God. But God's math says that his grace is greater.
Speaker 1: Shout greater, Shout greater, Shout greater.
Speaker 3: That's the one word I want in your spirit about your God for whatever you're facing today.
Speaker 7: And as simple as it sounds, if the disciples had realized that God's plan was greater, they would have never asked the question.
Speaker 6: Where are we going to get enough? You don't have to ask about bread when you're standing next to it. So let's get serious about this. Now you're navigating and not enough in your life. And part of the problem with that is that you tried before and it wasn't enough. Tried to hold the marriage together but it wasn't enough. Tried to bring the kid back but it wasn't enough. Tried to start the business but it wasn't enough. Tried to bridge it through twenty twenty twenty twenty one in it wasn't enough. And now you think that you aren't enough. And by men's math, You're right. None is righteous, no, not one.
Speaker 3: But I love the compassion of Christ that we're celebrating in Matthew fifteen, For.
Speaker 1: The Bible says that he will leave the ninety nine to find the one.
Speaker 3: From men's perspective, that doesn't make much sense to leave the greater for the lesser. One thing I love about God is that the one who starts out with the.
Speaker 1: Least can end up with the most. After all, it's just simple math. It's simple math.
Speaker 3: When the disciples had five loaves, they fed five thousand, and they had twelve baskets left over. When they had seven loaves, they fed four thousand, and they only had seven basketfuls left over. Stay with me. This is important. This is the point I wanted to preach to. This is what I wanted you to leave with, about God's math and about them not enough that you're navigating in your life right now, about the weakness that God's strength has made perfect in, about the mistakes that you cannot redeem in your own human effort. That's the sixth. That's man's math. Seven is God's number. Seven is the number of completion. You are complete in Christ. You do not have a righteousness that comes from you. Your righteousness is not your own. It is received. It is an inheritance. It was purchased by Jesus and given by God. It is shed abroad in your heart through the Holy Spirit. And isn't it interesting that when they only had five loaves, they ended up with twelve baskets. When they had seven loaves, they ended up with seven baskets.
Speaker 1: The miracle that started with the least ended with the most. I'll prophesy over your situation.
Speaker 3: I prophesy over everybody who didn't get a good education. I prophesy over everybody who didn't get a good start in life and was not shown what real love looked like. I prophesy over everybody who didn't have a guide to show you how to navigate this transitional period of your life. That in the hands of Jesus, what starts as the least ends as the most. That's God's math. And if you feel weak today, that's a good starting place because from the starting place of your weakness comes a strength that is greater. I set a strength that is greater, and a power that is greater, and a grace that is greater. So you started with five, but you end with twelve. So you started cast down, what's your ending lifted up? So you started in a broken home. But you're going forward made whome because Christ asked and passion, and He is more than enough for you. For you less bread to begin with, more basketst in with blessed he the poor in spirit. For theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. If you've got needs, if you've got weakness, if you've got space, God can fella. And I love what James one to five taught me. He said, if any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask.
Speaker 1: God. Ask God.
Speaker 3: Whatever you lack ask He's able, ask him.
Speaker 1: Ask him God.
Speaker 3: I need somebody in my wife right now to help me through this.
Speaker 1: Ask him.
Speaker 3: But as you are asking Him for what you think you need, make sure that you thank Him for what you already have. I want to sing an old song that I don't remember all the words to it.
Speaker 1: It was like wonderful grace of our madgeless grace, do good line right here.
Speaker 3: Yonder to Calvary's Mount Outport, there were.
Speaker 1: The blood of the them was spilled.
Speaker 3: Now this is the God there where the blood of the lamb was spilt, where one drop of his blood is greater than any sin you would ever commit. That's God Math, Man Math. You can keep the girl Math, you can keep the man Math. I want the God math where one drop of his atoning blood, one mention.
Speaker 1: Of his name.
Speaker 3: Look, there is flowing a crimson tide wider than snow.
Speaker 1: May you be today watch this grace Grace.
Speaker 8: God, grace that will part and cleanse. Rev. Chris, Grace, God's.
Speaker 7: Grace, grace that is grea than a pussy.
Speaker 1: Sing God like you got it. Pray, go, stab and pans big.
Speaker 8: God.
Speaker 1: Please say.
Speaker 3: God has a grace for your situation today. Stand to your feet, lift your hands to Heaven and receiving.
Speaker 8: Grace, Grace, God, Grace.
Speaker 1: Dad will pardon and clese.
Speaker 3: With claiming now is yours God.
Speaker 1: Grace, Heads bout, eyes closed.
Speaker 3: I want to invite somebody to receive the grace of Jesus Christ in your life today. This message was for you, a sinner in need of a savior. This message was for you, an orphan in need of a father. This message was for you, a backslider in need of a homecoming.
Speaker 1: This message is for you.
Speaker 3: He leaves the ninety nine and I don't know why he did it, but he found the one. He sees people, not crowds, and that grace is calling your name right now, and you know it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to lead you in a prayer right now.
Speaker 3: To receive the grace of God for those of you who are today ready to put your faith in Jesus Christ and receive his grace to cover your sin. I'm going to pray a line and then you pray it. It's not a magical prayer. It's an opportunity for you to do what the Bible says. To confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead.
Speaker 1: You will be saved right now. Today is the day of salvation.
Speaker 3: Harden not your hearts.
Speaker 1: Today is the day of salvation.
Speaker 3: If you pray this from your heart, put your faith in Jesus Christ, you will be saved. Repeat after me, Heavenly Father, I am a sinner in need of a savior, and I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of.
Speaker 1: God and the Savior of the world. And today I make Jesus the.
Speaker 3: Lord of my life.
Speaker 1: I believe he.
Speaker 3: Died that I would be forgiven and rose again to give me life. I receive this new life. This is my new beginning.
Speaker 1: On the counter.
Speaker 3: Three shoot your hand up if you prayed that one two three, raise your hand right now, right now.
Speaker 1: God bless me. Blesse your hand right now. God bless me right now. God seize people. God seize people. God Seize people.
Speaker 2: Hey, I hope you enjoyed the podcast, and if you did, make sure to share it and subscribe so we can get you all of these new messages as soon as they're available. I also want to take a moment and thank all of you who are a part of Elevation. Whether you support us financially, or serve with us, or just share these messages, it's because of you that we're able to reach people all around the world. And if you want more information on how to be a part of our click the link in the description. Thanks again for listening. Make sure to leave a review, share the message, and subscribe.
Speaker 1: God bless you.