Speaker 1: Hi, my little Valentines. It's Lala, Kent and rand And this is give them La La with Randall and today is the day of love.
Speaker 2: Are you proud of me?
Speaker 3: You didn't make the joke. Yeah, you remembered my name again.
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure you're proud of me that I didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of you you. So today is a special day because it is Valentine's Day. But a lot of people sit there and they're like, oh, fuck, Valentine's Day. I don't have a lover, and I don't feel like Valentine's Day is really about like having a significant other. For me, it's always been my little brother Easton's birthday.
Speaker 2: Okay, Lala, that's very specific for the rest of us that are romantic, right, it is about Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: Have a significant other.
Speaker 2: It's not about your brother Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: It's his birthday. I think that's more special.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, if people know you, which most people are listening probably do, they know that You're family is the most important thing on the planet. But for the rest of us on planet Earth, Valentine's Day is a romantic lover's day and By the way, I want to tell you that it is the greatest day on the planet. You get to shower, spoil your lover with unlimited, unlimited things, roses, sexy things, surprises.
Speaker 1: Sounds like just another day for La La. Okay, well that just sounds like an every day.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, you're an exception.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, but you're whom like I'm sure a lot of chicks that are listening to this are going to be like.
Speaker 3: Oh, Randall Emmett. He's making Valentine's Day about lovers.
Speaker 1: Like, if you think about it, most people are like, fuck Valentine's Date.
Speaker 3: No sort of a reminder that you.
Speaker 2: Don't like it. I don't like where this is going. First of all, this is not acceptable.
Speaker 3: You're so romantic, though, I don't like it, but.
Speaker 2: Stop saying it's like because there's a lot of Okay, let me say something. When I was single, like when dinosaurs roam the earth. Okay, I remember Valentine's Day, and you know what, I still didn't have that attitude, like like fucked balance. You know what I did.
Speaker 3: You're not a girl. Okay, keep going, but you're not a check Keep going, but you know.
Speaker 2: What I did? I spoiled my mother. I did things like that. All I'm saying is this, you don't have to have a partner in bound. And it's like, if you're single.
Speaker 3: Then you we're saying the same thing, Randall.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But for me, it's like even when I was in college and I was like broke no money, Like I, okay, this is a true story. I sold one of my TVs. My roommate was not happy I sold the TV. True story was a plasma. It's a plasma. I sold this TV for like maybe sixty bucks. And I was able to hire a friend for ten bucks. And when I and I cooked a whole romantic dinner in my dorm room to this girl that I really liked at the time, so there you go. So oh no, that was like double steak and there was like a.
Speaker 3: Big potato, and oh you sold the TV to.
Speaker 2: Make to get all that shit and be able to get flowers. I couldn't afford anything.
Speaker 3: That is so sad.
Speaker 2: See most people say that's romantic, Tim.
Speaker 3: I would never know, Tim, who the hell is giving?
Speaker 1: Did you at least get Poonani after If you're giving up a plasma for.
Speaker 3: One freaking dinner.
Speaker 2: I probably bought a card. I don't remember. It was a long time ago, but it was.
Speaker 3: That's Randall Emmont for you though. That's what he does.
Speaker 1: He's like, if I have to sell something to just give a chick one nice dinner, that's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm so lucky to have you. I would never do that.
Speaker 2: No, you would. You would. You would let us starve.
Speaker 3: To death because vale you reach.
Speaker 2: It in your pocket. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Okay, I actually have something really romantic planned I do for to nice. It's not like it's not I'm telling you you guys, Randall, if you bang on the table one more time.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bang.
Speaker 2: But it's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Pull it together, rookie. No banging on the table.
Speaker 1: No listen, listen. My little brother's birthday is February fourteen, Valentine's Day, and for me today is like super emotional because it's just another day that like, my brother's by himself on his birthday, meaning he doesn't have his dad.
Speaker 2: Okay, but your brother has a girlfriend, a serious girlfriend, And I talked to him today and he is, yeah, he's happy. You're not like you're creating something that doesn't exist. Your brother is very excited today, and I talked to him, I said, you're I woke up next to your sister and she has tears in her eyes, and I said, please call her because it is an emotional date for your dad. That I do know. I know that your dad not being here, Daddy's girl. I got that part. I get well, And I'm so older. Brother's not happy.
Speaker 3: I know the life Easton's great.
Speaker 1: It's me the thought of, like, oh, his birthday, dad, And and as you get older, you're like not hanging out with your family as much. You know, everyone like starts getting boyfriends and girlfriends, and I'm like just another bird birthday that he's like grown and we're not together.
Speaker 3: It sucks.
Speaker 2: Okay, but let's talk about your Valentine's Day. Let's just talk about positivity.
Speaker 3: Okay, Let's talk about what I got.
Speaker 1: I got so much candy all over my closet and then I got three cards, not just one that told me how much Randall Emmett loves me.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. So can we talk about the uplifting part about Valentine's Day, not the negative? And you also got to give you gotta got You also got a pre Valentine's Day gift this week? Did you forget about that?
Speaker 3: Wait? So was was the Chanel bag?
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry, slash happy Valentine's Day?
Speaker 3: Is that what it was? I mean, I think it's great. I just didn't know that it was double meaning.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm moving on for this whole thing. You know what you make Valentine like. I actually want to go home now and just bury my head in the pillow.
Speaker 3: Because that's what we all killed Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we're going to also have We're surprising each other tonight, we said with romantic gestures.
Speaker 3: Which neither one of us bow.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got a little like Tim I meant like a romantic dinner.
Speaker 1: Randall's forty eight. I'm twenty nine. I still need bomb chicken. Wow, Wow, time I'm wearing wan Gerie.
Speaker 3: I got us a sexy game.
Speaker 2: You got my attention?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi over here Valentine's Dinner. Get out of here.
Speaker 2: Okay, you stopped me here like.
Speaker 1: The one the one time that it's like we don't even have to sit there and be like, hey, we don't have kids, should we?
Speaker 2: Like I want to ask you this, ask your producer tim what he did for his girl this morning? Would you do?
Speaker 3: What did you do for your wife this morning?
Speaker 4: Tim, Well, we celebrated last night, but tell us, Tim share. We went to a place called Black Market Liquor Bar in Studio City.
Speaker 2: You got drinks, got drung. I did even get drunk.
Speaker 4: But we had a couple a couple of coppa cocktails, you know, vomitos, rappid doos, that's what they call them at the Black Market Liquor Bar.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that you get lucky.
Speaker 1: After no comment, Good for you, Tim, Producer Timmy Banks.
Speaker 2: Have I Timmy went at it. I'm very happy.
Speaker 3: I'm also very excited. Yeah you're gonna have fun tonight, I promise.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your heart's going to be racing. I've got the paramedics on call just in case, you know, he has a little too cardiac arrest. Okay, So today I also want to celebrate Valentine's Day by preaching self love. Our guest today is one of my best friends in the entire world. We did not start off on the greatest foot, and some people like an understatement, but because of that, I.
Speaker 3: Fucking respect this bitch so much.
Speaker 1: We went toes for like a couple of years, and neither one of us like really caved until both of us were like, you know what, let's apologize. And since that day, which happened on the reunion oh season five, Okay, we both apologized.
Speaker 3: And now that bitch is in my mother effing wedding.
Speaker 1: She's a brides maid, Katie freaking caloney wait, and.
Speaker 2: Her husband is a groomsman. How cool is that? But here's the thing, you know what, I agree with you. I think so Look, I think what you were trying to say in the beginning of this podcast self love and self love, like ye, and I agree with you. Can I just say this, I agree with you if you don't have.
Speaker 1: A signet on a tangent about how much I loved Katie.
Speaker 2: Yes, but but I just want to say if you have a significant if you don't have a significant lover, like you can have self love and have the greatest volunte to day. A lot of my friends tonight are going to go out together in a big group, go have fun, blasted out da da. I think I think that's equally as fun, And then next year they'll probably be in love and different kind voluns, I say, I just think it's important that either you're showing love. If it's your mom, your dad, your brother, your sister, you're going to be an other adulge yourself. I think as long as you're extra love is what I care about today. But I want to say one thing. Katie and Tom. Over these years, and I don't think a lot of people know this about us, but I mean we travel with them, they become really good friends to both of us. And Katie I think is probably one of the most grounded people I know, Like she doesn't really escalate. If she doesn't like a hotel room, for sure, she'll check the fuck out of that room and leave us hanging. But other than that, then we'll get to that. Don't worry, Katie, we got that coming. But other than that, I swear to you Katie and Tom now I know why they're together because Tom is like my kind of center. Like if I hang out with Tom, I always feel like I'm okay. He just makes you feel like life is not that serious. And Katie, I think, just brings you kind of the same ground in his She just keeps it in perspective and she always tells it like it is, and I think that's a misinterpretation, like me, like I'm a bull in a China shop, and people will take that as, oh, Randy's an asshole, Randall's Randy's just super error. But I think that when people are truthful, and I think Katie is very truthful but beyond sensitive as well, and I think that's a misunderstanding.
Speaker 1: I think, like you say, you know, yeah, and I know Katie when cameras are off right and when she's in a very vulnerable and sensitive place and what she deals with on a day to day basis and still like goes out into the world and freaking kills it. I think is definitely an inspiration to many many people, especially women.
Speaker 2: And I think that I'm excited to have Katie here on this to sit with us, because I think people really will get to know Katie the way you know Katie, the way I know Katie. And look, Katie's a badass. I mean, Katie says it how it is, but it's a Katy. She's very vulnerable like you, Yes, you both, I know I know the both.
Speaker 1: I know both Katies. I know when you go toes with her, she don't fuck around. That's why I love her. Yeah, and I know that she's like the sweetest and that's that's my goal today.
Speaker 2: By the way, I think that's.
Speaker 3: See the real Katie Maloney.
Speaker 2: And I think that was a great intro. I think that before we bring Katie out here, I think we got to go to the voicemails real quick, because I love this is.
Speaker 3: My favorite favorite part of the podcast.
Speaker 2: I tell you why, it's my favorite part. Tell me because every voice when we do, they they'll DM me right, and then I get to repost it like I'm cool, like somebody knows me, so I get it any following. Yeah, every So if we did like two voice, two voicemails, I get two new followers. So I'm very excited about that. I love it. The important thing.
Speaker 3: Should we listen to our first voicemail? Yep, Okay, thank guys.
Speaker 5: So I was just wondering for Laala, when you're filming your interviews, is it hard to always talk in the present tense, because obviously using your interviews after everything happens, and I feel like I would always want to talk in the past tense. And for Randall, what do you think Lala's most funny moment on Vandard Pump was thanks love.
Speaker 6: You, guys.
Speaker 3: I love this voicemail.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not that hard to talk talk about the past in the present because all of these things really happen. So when they're asking you about these things in the interviews, I started getting wound up again.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Fuck that bitch when she said that to me, you know, And it's it's almost like therapy those interview sessions. I'm like, thanks for the free therapy, guys. I feel great now, you know. So, No, that part's not hard. My favorite part of the question is what's your favorite vander Pump moment of La La Kent.
Speaker 3: Wow, let's talk about me some more.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: I honestly, and this is not a cop out. I actually like all of it. I just think you're funniest shit.
Speaker 1: I really do you even think BJ's for the pj's.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you don't think all of it's funny?
Speaker 2: That one is not. That was not my favorite?
Speaker 3: What about like, let's get it Pop and Daddy?
Speaker 2: Fine, Okay, we're going to other plant. I'm trying to give you general landscape, Like what I love about you on your show, honestly is that you are pretty authentic. Whether I like it or not, you are as real as it gets. Like Lala here, Lala at home, Lala on the show doesn't change. There's no other gear. It's not like, oh, we're going to Laala on TV, right. I mean, you know Lala in the office and in life, she doesn't have other gears. So that's the respect I always give you. So it's hard like I would never you know, in the four years we'll be going out, I'd never try to edit you. There are a few things like that line or two I wish you had never said, but I don't really have a say over things that come out of your mouth. So yeah, the whole past.
Speaker 1: And this is why I love him, because he's like, that's Lala. You cannot censor someone who's almost thirty. This is who I am, whether you like it or not, I'm not changing. I'm sorry. My mom tried at a young age. It didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Everyone should give up. Yeah, Okay, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: You just brought back a few moments that I could let go. So let's move forward.
Speaker 3: Right, Let's move forward to the next voicemail.
Speaker 6: Hey, my name is Hillary. I love you guys on the show. I'm really that Rand is on the show. I think he's a pretty cool guy. I also like his voice. Anyways, question for you, Laala. You know Katie was really brutal and really disgusting a couple seasons ago, just the nastiness and the attacking and the pointing fingers about your relationship. And I'm just wondering how you guys made up. And I know that you're really really close right now, so would love to hear all about that. And also love your pod show.
Speaker 1: Bye Okay, I love this voicemail. And here's why. Let's be very clear, Katie was nasty to me. Whila was nasty to Katie. I made comments about I body shamed, which still to this day is the most embarrassing moment I've ever had on vander Pump Rules. I talked about her relationship as well. I said things that were absolutely inappropriate, and I respect her for not punching me in the face, because if someone said the thing about you and I that I said to about Schwartzy, I would have decked them. So people love to talk about, oh but Katie did this to you, and it's like, okay, but let's switch this, let's think about what I also did to Katie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I also think, just to add to close this out, I agree with all that. And I think that Katie didn't know you at the time. She didn't know our relationship at the time because I wasn't anywhere around. And I think that you didn't know Katie. And I think the two of you through time became best friends because that's life, that's what happens. People don't it's a misunderstanding. I think you misunderstood her, she misunderstood you. Today, when we're on vacation in places, I'm like, it's like you guys have known each other for twenty years.
Speaker 1: So I can't even think of a time that we It's very hard to look back at that time.
Speaker 3: It is. I can't even fathom doing that to her again.
Speaker 1: Right, So I think I think we should have Miss Katie Maloney Schwartz join us.
Speaker 3: Yes about that time.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: We have the infamous bad Bitch Katie Maloney shorts and the mother effing building, and the building today is Sir restaurant.
Speaker 3: All began. We're literally sitting in the VIP and this is my.
Speaker 2: Favorite part of Katie Welcome the Mothership. Hi, we're so it's like hanging out. It's like we're like, we could be anywhere right now. But exactly, I just want to say, because it is odd, at least for me, that we're here where it all started. You started, Just to refresh, you started here eight years ago?
Speaker 4: No, I started. I got hired here in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Yeah eleven years a yeah, years ago, a lifetime.
Speaker 2: Wait, it just tell me what that was like in a nutshell, just what happened? How did you get here? And then how did you get on the show.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I came here for dinner one time and I loved it, and I was like, I want to work here. I mean it's it's I mean, it's such a cool place to come and have dinner and I like the vibe and I just wanted to work here and I might Giarma the first time I came, and of course he's like, here's my card, like if you never need anything, And so I like emailed him and I was like are you hiring? And he's like, we'll bring your resume and they were hiring and I was like, okay, well even if it's in like three months, from now, like, give me a call, and I swear almost three months of the day he called me and I was working on my other job and I was like, wait, what was that? What was that Barney's beanery?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is so great. So he calls you says come in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come in, and so I, yeah, I started training.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now how long is it from the time you started training to the time A you met Tom and b you got on the show. This's all happened?
Speaker 4: Okay, so it was probably that was October two thousand and nine. I met Tom. I would say, June May, June of twenty ten.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, wow, you were brand new.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then when there's a show come into life? How does that happen?
Speaker 4: That was probably two thousand and twelve to the pilot and all of that, and.
Speaker 3: What did they say?
Speaker 1: They just like came into the restaurant. They were like, hey, we're gonna film you guys.
Speaker 4: Yes, So how so I started working here before the Real Housewives started all of that. So we thought because this was before the lounge had opened, so they called a meeting. We thought it was going to be a meeting about the lounge and what was going to happen and just sort of sort of that kind of information and we got here and they're like, so we want to do a show here about you guys. It was a whole it was like, this whole staff was here and they're like, if anyone's not interested, you can leave. Those of those of you who are interested stay.
Speaker 3: Did a lot of people leave?
Speaker 4: So yeah, some people left?
Speaker 7: Really yeah, wow, oh they fucked us.
Speaker 4: But me, krist and Stacia looked at each other. We're like, we got this.
Speaker 2: That's what they do.
Speaker 3: They do. Got this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you basically ran. So from that point on you start filming. Yeah, and then when's like the first time you realize, oh my god, I'm recognizable? Like when does that? Because I always ask my actor friends in my movies, I always say like, there's people don't like to ask that question, But when is the first moment where you walk outside and somebody comes up to you goes, oh my god, Katie, we're a fan, Like do you remember even that moment?
Speaker 4: A lot of people would look at me and ask me like, did you go to this high school? Like everyone thought I like they just recognized me from somewhere and then they're like, oh, never It was a lot of things they couldn't place me. Yeah, and then yeah, so it just was it sort of slowly.
Speaker 2: Hopped slowly and then the show and then and then the show explodes and you guys.
Speaker 3: Can't go in in and now they know for damn sure, they didn't go to high school with her, they know she's Yeah.
Speaker 4: I guess I guess it was when I guess it was when other like celebrities started recognizing.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, because because Hollywood, which is great, which is great because half of my industry. Obviously, even before I met Lala, like we were all like, oh my god, Vanner Purple is the best show. They go crazy, they do crazy. No, I mean, you guys, how many people in Hollywood? You know we're big fans. So I thought, yeah, all right, I thought that. I thought, I just think it's cool to hear like the origins, because I don't think people really know, like ten eleven years you've been at this, that's a career, that star.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, it's a long time.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: But how amazing that the place that she really wanted to work at because it was chic, and then like that was going to be her life story, like the place I really wanted to work, just decided to do a TV show with my friends and it was a huge success. And now we're buying houses and whatnot.
Speaker 2: It's insane. Not my houses, I mean giving you a life that the origin of this place. You know. Obviously, your personality, the cast personality, you know, creates the success of the show. But it is pretty cool that we're sitting here in the place where you were taking orders at a restaurant. Now you're, you know, a superstar.
Speaker 4: I think it's it's crazy because in LA we all take jobs at restaurants just as it means to an end to hopefully end up on TV in another capacity. You never think that taking a job at that restaurant is going to put you on TV. You know what I mean. It's right, it's very Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Crazy, yeah, because that same type of it all starts with I went to sir just to have dinner.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing with me.
Speaker 1: I went to sort of just simply have dinner, and then all of the sudden, you know, the OG's welcome me onto the cast. And five years completed a lot of rough patches, and then it's like the best time ever However, a lot of things come with being on a reality TV show because people think they can talk to you a different way than they would obviously talk to Jennifer Aniston, you know, yeah, and Katie knows a lot about that. So what is it like when you you know, you went to the Oscar brunch, you looked chic af and I saw that you posted something that someone had commented this is this year?
Speaker 3: This just happened. I wanted to physically assault the person that she's going to tell.
Speaker 8: You, so I want to Oh yeah, So myself, Saucy Brittany and then Tom Jacks and bo we got invited to the E had like a pre Oscar brunch.
Speaker 4: It was like a show that they had worth like all kinds of different segments and maybe dictionary so like, so the thing was like a brunch. Like I wasn't supposed to dressed, like I'm going to the Oscars. I was like, okay, well, let me just wear So I wanted to wear something that was like Parisian chic and like you know, Chanelle Carrie Bradshaw. So I yeah, I put on a skirt that I got from Paris. Okay, with a little like cute blazer and everything, and like Saucy. I sent a picture of Saucy. She goes, oh my god, yes, it's like cool. They didn't think anything of it, and then Brittany posted a picture of it, and then of course all the comments were dominated just by everyone hating on my outfit, which I'm used to it. People don't like, how do you.
Speaker 2: Deal with it? How do you deal with that? Because you're such a nice person. I know you for a long time. Now, how like when this first started, I got a lot of mean comments about my weight and things like that. I mean, she knows, and like I flipped out in the beginning. Now I've turned it out. But you've been doing this for ten years. So how do you take it? Does it put you into a like retreat or does it make you attack or do you just not give a shit?
Speaker 4: It depends on what they're saying, what they go in for.
Speaker 1: Well, the comment that you circled and reposted on your institutions, let's talk about that.
Speaker 4: So this person she had said, I don't think it's so much of the outfit. It's about the fact that she gained weight, and if she was in shape, the outpha wouldn't look bad.
Speaker 2: Oh that's gross.
Speaker 4: It's also her personality and her I feel bad for her husband because she probably never had sex with him. I mean, she just what she just went like for it all. And I really tried. I've gotten to I've just I try to not look at the comments because I know what's there and if I go look at them, it will it will affect me. It will affect me because I have I have yes, I have a thick skin. And I try to remind myself that these are strangers. I don't know them, their opinions.
Speaker 2: Really strangers in a dark room, who are who will never come out of that room? Right, it's all hide behind a screen because but at the same time, you're a human being.
Speaker 4: But I'm a human being, of course. But I saw this one and it just like really stood out to me as just being exceptionally evil. Wow, And I just was like no, And so I just decided that I'm just like you know what, I just I'm just gonna go ahead and just put this on my story. Good good for you, because I just think this is disgusting and inappropriate and I don't care who gets mad at me. I just think that I want all my followers, right.
Speaker 2: And maybe and maybe that'll distract some people from not saying shit like that.
Speaker 1: Did you get a lot of people in the DMS that were like, I can't believe someone would.
Speaker 4: Say that to you. Oh yes, yeah, no I And of course I have a lot of people that were like, don't listen to that. I think you look awesome and you know, and I appreciate that love and support, but it's just, you know, I didn't cry about that, you know, it was It wasn't like I was like sad and oppressed. It was just more like, wow, like this person is a monster.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. I have had people say really horrible things like that, even worse like I should die or things like that. Yeah, and I blasted a few of them. I just think the fact that people think they can just spew anything because their own miserable life, it's just not they.
Speaker 4: Think they can say it to me because of the horrible things I've said to other people. They think I deserve it because I'm not a nice person, or because I've said mean things to Lalla or to you know, I got James fired, and they backed me into this corner of like, well, I can't say anything because I've done and said this, I know, but.
Speaker 2: Don't make a right exactly.
Speaker 3: It's not a tit for tat. But let's let's make something very clear.
Speaker 1: When people are watching us on television, everyone involved.
Speaker 3: On the show is going toes with each other.
Speaker 1: If Katie's going toes with someone, it's because they've said something on the show. It's definitely a tit for tat type of thing. But as an outsider, you watching the show are not Captain save the weakest link, No, And they think that that's okay, and they want to talk to you about your behavior in certain scenes, and it's like, okay, but let's remember how long we film. Let's remember that these scenes are cut into an hour long episode, and it's not your job to say anything except sit your ass on the couch and enjoy your fucking Tuesday night.
Speaker 4: You were not there, like these people were not there. Just because they're watching something on TV does not mean that you were there and that you can speak on.
Speaker 2: By the way, come on, and in all respect to that, I've seen you guys all have your moments, but at the end of the day, I've also seen I'm sorry, let's not do that again. We can be better than that. I've seen it from all of you guys, not just Jack's. I've seen it with Tom. I've seen it. So the part that these people saying these things, they don't see the part where it's like, hey, I love you, I made a mistake, let's be better. And none of these people on the internet when they say this shite ever, I'm gonna tell you an well.
Speaker 4: I feel like they do see that they've seen my apologies. They've seen apologies with me a lot that they just don't want to remember those.
Speaker 2: They want to go to the bad stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And I'll say one of the things I've gone after people on the internet who've come after me, and a lot of times they'll flip their whole tune and say, oh, I didn't know you're a real person or favor Yeah I didn't know you. I thought this was like somewhere. I'm like, so, wait, that makes it okay that you could talk. So I feel for you guys, because you guys have it that times where I want to ask one thing, this this fall that I that I heard about that I never had a real conversation with you about, can you just tell me what happened? Because I know it's a big deal in your life, and yeah, this was traumatizing on every level. I just what, how did this all happen?
Speaker 4: Okay, so it actually happened right around the time I got hired here. It was like right when I finished my training here and I was supposed to start my shift. So the night before I was supposed to start my first shift here, I was hanging out with my friends at one of their apartment buildings on the roof, and it was very chill. It wasn't like I was going wild or anything. That I sat on an old skylight. It was a big, massive, old skylight and I sat on it and it broke. I fell twenty five feet and landed on a staircase and had brain injury. I broke my collarbone, I broke my jaw pretty much all my ribs on my right side. Oh my, I didn't remember anything. I don't remember following.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. No.
Speaker 4: I think it's traum an, Thank God.
Speaker 2: Okay, wake up, you're in the hospital.
Speaker 4: I see you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many days before you come out of it? Oh? I mean right away?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 4: Not right away? But yeah, like I woke up and my mom was.
Speaker 2: There and oh my god, I can't.
Speaker 4: I have some family there and everyone is like terrified, and I'm just like, what's Yeah, They're explaining to me what happens because I want a morphine. I'm like, what's up everybody? And everyone's like, oh my god, and I'm just like thanks for coming.
Speaker 2: I mean you thought it was like a little party just to hang out.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, when you're on the morphine, how.
Speaker 2: Long are you in the hospital before to recover?
Speaker 4: I was there for like three three to four days before. They like because when you when you have a brain injury, they want to make sure that the bleeding stops right. And they also had to wire my jaw shuts because it was was that. How long was that I had my jaw wire? Chef for like six weeks?
Speaker 2: When you say shut okay, because I hear this.
Speaker 3: All West sipping, sippin'.
Speaker 2: Uh you never had a piece of hard food.
Speaker 4: No, I could not chew.
Speaker 2: I lose my ship. I thought it was.
Speaker 4: It was awful. I was awful, and I had to have a titanium plate. I screwed to my job because it was not healing.
Speaker 2: This is by far the worst story in a long time. That is horrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: This is horrible. Yeah wow wow.
Speaker 1: But after you said something to me that was really interesting. And this was like a couple of weeks ago. But we were at your house and you were like, I don't after my accident, I didn't feel like myself. You were like, I used to be cool. I like I used to be chill and cool. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, well to me, you're still chilling cool.
Speaker 1: Like what did you feel like it affected after that your day to day life and how.
Speaker 3: You felt about certain things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean traumatic brain injuries can alter your personality for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I feel like I was someone that was very easy going and very relaxed and very like just like it's all good, you know, and so so yeah, now I feel like I do sometimes get angry a lot faster.
Speaker 2: I spie quicker.
Speaker 1: Yeah right.
Speaker 4: Short refuse is a lot shorter, but.
Speaker 2: More about specific things or just it can just happen, meaning are the things that trigger yours it just like you just you used to have more.
Speaker 4: Patience exactly, Okay, Yeah, yeah, I just I feel like my tolerance for things, it's just it's just not that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you notice that that happened after your ecology A lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of yeah, just there was there. It was just like a shift and sort of getting use to being inside my head again and sort of it just it's weird where it's hard to describe. It's really hard to articulate because it's it was the process of figuring things out and still almost figuring it out and trying to remember things in my memory even like it's weird. I can I can remember things from a million years ago, and then there's some things just like a complete black I don't remember like sections of my life right, which is weird.
Speaker 2: Before we go to break, because we're gonna take a break real quick, I just want to ask how long before you were mobile again, your jaw wasn't wired shot where you started to feel like yourself again? How how many weeks? How many months? Year?
Speaker 4: I mean, But so this happened November ninth. I was able to like sort of come back to work and be back in the like the beginning of January.
Speaker 2: That's a serious I'm shocked, but it was.
Speaker 4: I still was like healing. I still had in my face and I still like had dental stuff. I had to do there was still you know, and then and then came like the emotional and like mental, Yes you had that's what I was gonna ask.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had to have major PTSD. H Okay for sure. Well I'm glad you're here because that's insane and God, thank god you're able to sit here and talk about it, because I'm sure a lot of people who sustain that kind of fall.
Speaker 4: Could don't get to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we're back with the amazing Haiti and La la, both of you.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 1: So I want to get back into after your fall, the PTSD that you experienced after because there was a time that you and I were being bougie on a yacht somewhere and I was like, do you want to jump off the top with me?
Speaker 3: And you were like, I don't take risks like that. I like, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I it's not like a fear of heights thing, but I feel I after my accident I went through with the PTSD, there was a lot of like survivor's guilt because yeah, there's a lot of people who went through a similar thing who weren't as lucky, who can realized who didn't survive. And so when I've sat there for a long time, I'm like, well, why was I so lucky? Like why why?
Speaker 3: Which is which?
Speaker 4: Which is kind of morbid in itself, But you can't help but have those thoughts.
Speaker 2: And I was lucky one of their people in wheelchairs exactly.
Speaker 4: And so you want to think like, oh, well, I guess that means I'm destined for something, But you don't think like that. It's a very weird, hard thing to get sort of comfortable with and gets your head.
Speaker 2: You're in a dark place for a long time after that, just because you were trying to the struggle of just the PTSD or were you.
Speaker 4: It was like it was it would come and go. Because I was so happy and excited to get back into my life, and because I was, I went to Vegas to like heal my grandma, My grandparents lived there, so like that's why I went and saw an oral specialist. And so yeah, it was more comfortable there than being in my apartment here with no one to help me. So yeah, I was so excited to come back to la and be with my friends and come back to my job to get exactly. And so I was so focused on that that once I came back, I was like, oh gosh, like this is weird, and I feel like my life didn't feel quite like my own anymore. And I was like I was, you know before I wanted to do acting, and I was like, not even sure I wanted to do that anymore, because I was like, life is so uncertain that I want to feel like I can do something that in your what you thought matter is something that I was in control of. That's when, yeah, you have to go out on auditions and it's so subjective. It's like I can't. I'm not like I want to do. So I then was like, you know, I've always been interested in working in like the music industry, so that's when I decided I wanted to go and try to get you know, an internship at a record label. And I just I kind of started to switch gears so slowly over time, but like I just like really started like kind of focusing my attention that way. But but yeah, over time, like you do, like it would come in like waves of being like sort of depressed and in a dark place and not understanding, and also there's a lot of like new thoughts and feelings and frustrations and yes, having like that short fuse all of a sudden and not and not feeling happy all the time like I was just I was so easy going, always so like I mean I was. I was always sassy and always like.
Speaker 2: A little like yeah, but that's that's makes you.
Speaker 4: I was always like me, but now there was like a little bit of a dark darker to me.
Speaker 2: But that's I think what I'm most attrigued by this whole thing, because I can't imagine. I was just trying to think through while you're talking about the whole thing, like and I fell, I'm in the hospital. I don't think I'd ever be the same now. Would Would there be parts of Randall that you'd still know? Of course? But yeah, but I think there's a piece of myself that I'm going to lose when I fall off. When I fall, you know, like that, and then it's never going to come back. But what do I become then? How do I I don't know. I just I'm very intrigued by this because I just think it's such a life altering chip.
Speaker 4: It is omen when you're twenty four, I think, Yeah, when I was twenty four and you're face with mortality in that way you shouldn't. You shouldn't be thinking about that kind of stuff when you're that age. You should be like, I have my whole life ahead of me. But here I am being like, okay, well maybe if I don't have my whole life ahead of me, right, And I all of a sudden like I better figure something out. And there's pressures and there's thoughts in my head that I never wanted to have, and just trying to figure it all out at one time was really consuming.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you, I'll say this last thing about mortality. It's like I understand that because at twenty four I thought I would live forever, and at forty eight having children. The minute I had kids, I definitely start thinking about the clock. I mean tim you know, right, So once you have kids, you know you start thinking, oh my god, Okay, they're gonna graduate, I'm gonna be this age, they're gonna be in college, they're going to have babies at this age, and will I even be around at that age. So for you to say that, I can understand now it makes more sense to me. At twenty four, you should never be thinking about that shit. So the fact that you fell from a building and we're in the hospital trying to possibly going to die. That makes sense. I think why your life was changed for the next you know, for the rest of your life, and I think at twenty four you should never have to face that. Yeah, but I also kind I said, one last second, I'd be quiet. I promise you no, I promise I'll shut up ever face. But I think that when you have children, the uplift from this is I think, obviously you're always going to be a great mother, but now I think you'll really, you know, just cherish every second, every second because you've been in a place at twenty four that you should have never been in. And now even you know what I'm saying, like, you know, she's going to be a great mother no matter what. But I think you'll cherish every second, every minute.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, she has a different outlook right right, because.
Speaker 2: You had to face that shit at an asia. Shit never have face.
Speaker 4: I think sometimes, yes, well, thank you, use just time is going to mean something different to you than it would mean every parent.
Speaker 2: When you have a child, you face your mortality because you start adding up the clock and it's the worst thing you ever do as a parent, because you start going there seven. Got No, it's not it's not depressing. You know what it does. It makes you when they're screaming the back room, or they're or they're terrorizing the living room. It just makes you go, you know, when I'm lucky to have this most that's all perspective. Yes, it's not a depressing thing. It's just like, Okay, I'm gonna suck it up when I've lost all patients and I need five minutes to myself, you know, and Laala, you know, has to face that now is a step mom.
Speaker 4: But it's a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, do I want to be a biological parent?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Please, but but I'll tell you it's I just think that, you know, you had to have that perspective way earlier than you're supposed to, and I think that's what I've realized now. And I give you a lot of props for getting through that stuff.
Speaker 1: What about so you were left with some scars on your face, which, by the way, every time I see no, you don't notice them unless she points.
Speaker 2: Them out, Okay, and then yes, yeah, I never.
Speaker 3: They're barely they're pretty badass. I will say, thank you. I'm like that though I know that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One thing when I was when I was going through like the whole healing process, was that they're like, do you want to see plastic surgeon for your scars because you know that you might leave a mark. And when I was, you know, pursuing acting at the time, that was something that maybe would have been important. I was just like, No, these are badass, I'm going to keep them. Like as Tina fe has a cool scorse, I was like, this is like distinguished and this is like it's like a battle scar.
Speaker 3: It really was.
Speaker 4: So Yeah, when you're.
Speaker 1: Putting your makeup on, I know it's been a while since this has happened to you, are they like do you still look at them and remember like, Wow, I fucking survived something that I got very lucky, I mean a different type of fall. It could have ended very differently. Do you ever look at your scars and you're like, I remember that, and I do you get what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I don't know if I don't know if it's like I don't know if I had like take a I don't know if it's like that, I like have a moment with myself when I do that, but I think it's when I do see it. It is because I see it every day. That is, it is a reminder every day. So whether i'm whether it's like a conscious thing, it's subconsciously for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I've always wondered that.
Speaker 1: I've never asked you that question before because I have like this dog bite on my leg and I remember it happened like before I went into junior high, and junior high is very intimidating, and it was really ugly and people were like, eh, you have such a disgusting birthmark on your leg, and I'm like, well, I was like attacked by a dog. But still every time I see it, I'm like, I remember all of those things and how self conscious I was, and now I think it's like the cutest thing ever.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I love scars. I think, yeah, I do too. We're so weird.
Speaker 2: Awkward, Okay, awkward. I'm done with the scars out. Now you're gonna want to go have a scar. I'm done with that scar on your body.
Speaker 3: Have mercy, okay.
Speaker 2: Question, We're about to get married, yes, following your footsteps. Any advice going into the final stretch because we're getting pretty close. And what was it like right after for you? Was there anything different? Did it feel different?
Speaker 1: So just yeah, because you and Thomas were together for a long time before you got married, to have an answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh god, I don't remember, you know.
Speaker 4: To one of those crazy is that this year Tom and I will have been together for a decade.
Speaker 2: Ten years, so together ten years?
Speaker 4: Yes, year? So yeah, I mean, wells you know, it's I have this really strange, funny analogy that after you get married, it's it's weird. It's like, you know, you have the iPhone, but they have the iOS update. Yes, so it's like so it's like you get married and then it's like dios update happens. It's still the same phone. But it's like, you know, but that is amazing. So it's like, you know, it's that is one of the best.
Speaker 7: Maybe maybe there's like some new features and make it right, maybe like it runs, it runs a little faster, runs, a little faster functions, you know, but it's still the same device.
Speaker 4: It's still you know, yeah, same apps.
Speaker 3: Probably one of the things I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Do you feel the same way? So I don't. It's the same la la, but it's got a bunch of different features.
Speaker 4: Well maybe you know, it's just it maybe runs a little faster, like the bugs have maybe been worked out. I like it just it feels like it feels just a little more like permanent in a good way. Like you feel like the the the questions, the doubts kind of go away because like you just feel like this is my person for life, right, the rest of your life gets to start finally, and that's there's nothing better about that.
Speaker 1: So Shartzy Schortzy said something so cute. When we went to Florida for New Year's you guys were in a tiff. Randall and I had already had our tiff, and it was your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it moves, it moves around the group.
Speaker 3: Yes, And you were off talking to Randall, talking him off the legend.
Speaker 1: I was talking short of well shorts. He wasn't even on the legend be team work, I was. I was talking to him and he was like, here's the.
Speaker 3: Thing, Lollie, that's my bub. We've been together ten years, Like we do this ship. It's like, come on, Bub, we're all good. Ten years.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 3: You stuck with me, dude. We've been doing this for ten years.
Speaker 2: We're like, yeah, oh my god, I just you know what, I'm not talking to her, I'm not talking to him. It's like, I feel like when we walked down the aisle, and it's just kind of the little things maybe peel away a little.
Speaker 3: Did you cry when you walk down the aisle?
Speaker 4: No, Tom and I did a first look.
Speaker 2: Oh we did.
Speaker 4: So we did our photos and everything before the ceremony. But so he and I did our photos first. So he and I did a first look together where.
Speaker 2: It's just right when you saw him there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So it was just it was just he and I together and we had that special moment. But then when he did his vows, it was like, oh god, water works.
Speaker 2: Then oh god, okay. I was like, what about him too?
Speaker 4: Yes, and he was crying through his vows, you know. And then and then I had to do my vows after him, and I was trying to read through mine and I couldn't even I was just mine were horrible compared to him. And I started like winging it halfway through, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, wait, how does that feel when you're in that moment if the other person like digs a little deeper?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's his top? What I've read.
Speaker 4: I know, I knew I was going to be better anyway, already know this. We're going to be Yeah, and I should have.
Speaker 2: Going to be five star because I've worked on it for nine months now. Oh yeah, I've edited, re edit. I'm on like version number.
Speaker 3: When did you write yours?
Speaker 4: Like the day of gang?
Speaker 2: But really, why don't we read him out?
Speaker 4: I just think I just think that. I mean, I just was like, I just I want to love you forever. But that's it, Like I just you know, I.
Speaker 3: Love that you don't want to love it. And then bub went and got Bubba tattooed on his ass. Well that was before wow, So it was commitment from the jump. But here's a great thing, you know, Bubba tattooed on it.
Speaker 2: I don't need to know. How would I know that you would.
Speaker 1: Watch vander Pump Rules. You're not a true blue fan. Tom's never pulled down his pants for you.
Speaker 4: He does that. You haven't seen it?
Speaker 2: Maybe I remember it.
Speaker 3: I think show I couldn't get tattooed on your ass.
Speaker 2: There's no fucking chance you're.
Speaker 4: When you all the times that you've literally tried to bet him money to get your name tattooed on his ass or whatever.
Speaker 2: He's agreed.
Speaker 4: By the way, I know, I know I've gotten phone I've gotten the phone calls. But you he's never mentioned that he has it tattooed. No, I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: I really, I really don't remember this, and maybe on the show I do remember it, like back in the day. I'm talking about like six seven years ago. This happened right, like in the beginning of the show.
Speaker 3: No, well, it was probably like season five I.
Speaker 2: Think now when you were on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was on the show because yeah, because Sandoval got the bacon a.
Speaker 1: It's okay suddenly forgetting things that are very important, It's okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Last last few questions, I think. So you have the wine right or the which.
Speaker 4: Is a wee hoop, which is a weeho wine.
Speaker 2: Do you want to tell us about That's how it started and and then what's going on.
Speaker 4: With Yeah, so myself and Kristens Naci started which is a whole wine. It's called potion. Well, we have Potion number one, which is Peano grasio.
Speaker 2: I love, that's my favorite, and post number two.
Speaker 4: Which is a rose like that, and they're available on Knocking Point Knocking Point knocking Point dot com, which is it's a wine club, but you can buy it all a card, so you can buy, you can buy by the case, you can subscribe because they've got amazing wine. So it's some from walla wall Washington as well, and they've got Washington is really great wines. But it's delicious.
Speaker 1: It is it is when I was I don't even think I got to taste it because I got sober before it came out, though even the Pinacre show, I think so I smelled it.
Speaker 3: Have smelled it smelled, it smelled great.
Speaker 2: Up. I just I think Katie should bring to our wedding some of this uh which is wee Hawaiian so I could really just get lit.
Speaker 3: Are you ready to commit to that?
Speaker 4: Hey? Yes, hell yeah?
Speaker 3: I love it all right, Katie Maloney, I want you to do one thing before you leave.
Speaker 1: With the people that are out there who struggle with mean people saying things negative about their body, what.
Speaker 3: Would be your best piece of advice for them?
Speaker 4: My best piece of advice would be to remember your own worth and that other people don't get to decide that for you. That every day that you get to wake up and look in the mirror and say, bitch, you are the ship and that you're worth it because you in the day like it is your relationship with yourself that matters, and that you were like you were going to be like the most important relationship that you have. And to tune out the noise. It's just it is just noise, after all, and even though it can be loud, you just have to just tune it out. Take inventory of your life, what's important, what brings you value, and invest in that and continue to reinvest in that.
Speaker 3: Oh that's amazing. Thank you so much, best Katie Baloney, I love you so much. Thank you, baby, you love the La La my love.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to call and tell you that you and your boot Randal are the shit.
Speaker 5: We love listening to you guys, and you guys have a kick ass pods casts so far.
Speaker 2: So please please please keep it up.
Speaker 6: I'm addicted already. Bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you, my loves to everyone who has already left us epic messages.
Speaker 2: And keep them coming because we love hearing from you guys.
Speaker 3: Call us anytime at eight six six La La Pod. That's eight six six Lala pie.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you for listening.