Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cow Boys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, HECMA Harrison, and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Go time right here, all the players lounge, Welcome to the start.
Speaker 2: Frisco.
Speaker 3: HECMA Harrison is here, Danny McCrae is here as heckm Harrison took care of me.
Speaker 2: He show it's a good man right there. He's a good man. He's a good man. You are a good man too, Barry gona be one of those. Yeah, I merely knew.
Speaker 4: He scruggs.
Speaker 3: Players not brought to you by tostitos.
Speaker 2: No, he got his rain. He came prepared. He looks smart and day he looks smart. Just came prepared. Yeah, you switched out the Jays for the time you Church get get the Bible study. After leaving the Loubies, he stole out a couple of times. One more time around, more time around.
Speaker 3: Clay Man has to ask if you'd have been mowing now So.
Speaker 2: It is yes, it is digital gain paid pound mind. So, yeah, you're right, A.
Speaker 3: Beautiful mind. That's what Mike McCarthy said about quarterback Trey Lance, his ability to retain information.
Speaker 2: A beautiful mone man. He said, he heard new. He said he got to learn the playbook first. He said, oh you think so, sounds like he knows it. That's what they say it man, right on the street, is you have to know. I don't know. You know, they're gonna say you got to hype up the kid because he just got here and let you know what the positives are. He did say his footwork needs some work. That's probably the most important thing right now. But yeah, I mean, listen, we all know Trey Lance has the potential to be a good quarterback. Mike macarthy and I just gotta figure out they can get it done and then see what happens he's got. You know what, This team their media masters, and I love it. We're talking about the third string quarterback and we're not talking about the funk that we got coming in the first week with the New York Giants, because this is the NFC East rivalry starting right out to shoot. So I think it's all the distraction. I'm sure for Dak Prescott. He's happy that they're not talking about him. They're not talking about his interceptions and practice no more. We're talking about the beautiful mind of Trey Lance and him at the board word looking like a third string quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yes, p, I haven't forgot about that. Keep getting this stuff on my phone, Steven and Steven ain't living on.
Speaker 2: That, of course, you know that's what are you living on? What do we what do we expect? Dogor listen? Sunday night? Is it Sunday night?
Speaker 3: Yes, cirtain Okay, this Sunday, but.
Speaker 2: Next Sunday NBC. Yes, Hey, this thing get right back cranking, all right. And the cowboys when they the twenty twenty three cowboys, when they go out there, they better be ready and they need to bring a victory home because we ain't splitting with the giants BC, but this is he's not splitting with it. We split with a half.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do we all here here and in this building benefit by people always talking about the caloy negative or positive? Right? Like what would the world be if they weren't? Like what are you pet? You boring? We're gonna talking about Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You can't do that we were talking about Aaron. We can talk about your squad. We can talk Philly. Let's do it. That's not my squad. Let's boy.
Speaker 3: The Jets do get a lot of attention because there is a Northeast bias the ESPN has, so if they can start to talk about the Giants and the Jets, they do so. They spend a lot of time on the Cowboys, spend a lot of time on the Jets when you start looking at stuff for me, the dude who should who has to be happy that he's not really been held accountable at all outside of his area and where he plays, is Russell Wilson. They boy to talk about all the picks they gave up in Denver for Russell Wilson, How coach got fired, how you do out here with your own marketing campaign and you and the team trying to fight for the trade. Martin, let's ride. We're not talking about that. Champagne, come in here, and man, your office is gone. No more office for you, your personal quarterback coach out the building. We're not speaking on Russell Wilson at all. You talk about the celebrity life and everything. That thing's gone up.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a lot of people not getting here. I mean, I just really, I mean, you tell me, so will we say about Russell?
Speaker 3: So when we say, okay, hey, you know what Dack on ESPN and these other shows, DAC, if you don't take them to the NSC Championship game, you know you can't be here. You gotta be going. What about Russell Wilson? Yeah, you talk about some seven and eight or seven whatever they end up at. Is he still the guy? Is Sean Payton running him off? What's his contract situation? They gave him a lot of money the new ownership, when I gave him two hundred million dollars, That to me is amazing. When we come in here, I'm like, where's where we forgot about Russ?
Speaker 2: No, nobody's forgot about it.
Speaker 6: But you know that's that's what comes with it when you when you got that star in your helmet, I mean, it all comes with it. You know, they're always gonna focus and have Dak Prescott under a microscope. This was the first time I think I've ever realized that. We we started counting interceptions in the training camp, like I'm never never heard, but it even got myself in here like, man, he's adding them up, he's had them.
Speaker 3: Second, he bought that. Why are we talking?
Speaker 6: And I'm saying, I think, why are we talking about picks in training camp and practice?
Speaker 2: Your boy was on a lot of them. Nah, ain't gonna put why why this is? Also?
Speaker 6: Why does this always happen when the man throws picks? It's always somebody else's responsibility for him. It was Kellen Moore when it was last year throwing fifteen. Now we're talking about because he was throwing.
Speaker 2: We saw, we saw, we saw some clips in simmy dropping passes and then those results in interceptions. And then last year also we saw some guys get hit in the chest with some footballs and and those resulted in interceptions as well. Is that is that y'all saw the same? Said? Yes, I saw the same. We did. Y'all saw when Hooker just basically caught at the training camp, but he was making some bad decisions out there. I'm standing up to say this because that's how I feel about those interceptions, the ones where he was getting intercepted on deep balls specifically to Cooks. Is him trying to figure out what the connection is like, uh, with Cooks being a new receiver here, So I like, whatever, try it out. See what you need to do where you need to put the ball at. See if he can go go get the fifty to fifty ball or not? Figure that out? Why you in training camp so we don't see it once we get into the season.
Speaker 3: And I call it the spring training in baseball, spring training where pictures out there, Well, let me try something new. Oh he's getting Let up me get that.
Speaker 2: If you're going to.
Speaker 3: Try something new, spring training as it pictures the place to try to do it. My thing was okay. It was when I saw touchdowns being thrown. I saw a lot of number one on defensive coverage. Wait, I saw interceptions being thrown and I looked at who was the receiving route.
Speaker 2: I saw a lot of able What am we gonna do? Man, it's a lot of material that's got to get being thrown away. That Kellen Hey, Kevin's not here, Simmy's not here. That's a lot of content gone. Man called over gonna be getting playing time. I was like, man, I got to feel we're gonna be here. Kevin Joseph and he can't know him all the way. He got to keep some of them. We're gonna be hearing something.
Speaker 3: Bro gonna kill Gill, get somebody Calvin down there.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen. There are players that leave this organization and then they go do good things and many other places. So he did, would you say Baron Jones, Baron Jones? Would you say Baron Jones winning digs, some good things.
Speaker 6: No, I was talking about he got paid.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's something that now mine never never I check it. I sawid, I saw it. Ain't then in Miami he got paid, he got baid, he got paid. Man, this is what happens in the league.
Speaker 3: So I'm we're sitting here in the studio here at the Star and there showing the Jets Giants on NFL Network, and uh, I've the positive spin that I have heard coming out of the media covering Daniel Jones has been surprising to me. I mean, it's it's a whole lot to listen to what I've been hearing. This guy's good, He's the most improved player around. Somebody even said he was going to be the best, the best quarterback in the conference. Daniel Lasky on the ESPN talking about how the Giants have a better offense in Dallas I mean, so I can't wait to get up there Sunday night Met Life Stadium and see it go down. Show me. I have to be shown that this Daniel Jones is now going to become you know, I don't know it's Eli part two. I gotta see it because I don't believe it.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's not gonna be the best quarterback in the division. I mean, I all understand, but look, I mean you're talking about most improved. I can see that I could see him being one of the most improved players, not only when the Giants put in this division.
Speaker 2: I mean, look what he was able to do last year. I'm not saying he lit it up.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying he was Patrick Mahomes, but he was definitely serviceable with the talent that they had around him. To add a few pieces here, get Darren Waller, who's a mismatched nightmare out there defense, I think it's gonna be pretty good, especially that front seven over there, and I feel like New York name be able to They won't be I'll tell you this, Dale Jones won't be that walking turnover that he was you know previous years. You're not just gonna be able to go in there and say we put this coverage together, he'll throw us once.
Speaker 2: I don't think he'll be known for that anymore so most so most improved in the division. It means he's more improved than Jalen Hurts who went to the Super Bowl. So not much room for Jalen Hurts to really improved there. Dak Prescott through fifteen interceptions last season, I think he's going to be I think he's going to improve dramatically to where Daniel Jones was getting better than who the commanders. I'm with Sam Howell.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm not saying he gonna be the best of the division. Now you got Dak, you got Hurt. Those guys, they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be third or four. He'll he'll he'll be better than samhow but he'll have his team in contention. This is gonna happen. We won. He's gonna go out there and play one of the top five defenses in the league, and they're gonna say no, no, not wait, wait, wait, wait, Let's let's see what happens next week. He went against some of the best guys and that's probably not who he's gonna be facing throughout the season. So let's let's see what happens then, because I got a feeling that Trayvon Diggs I them we're gonna get to the next week and Stefan Givemore gonna go out there and they gonna and they're gonna make a statement. But in the league, let me let me ask this question, because this society we live in is fool you. You can see it if they tell you now what it is. I'm seeing that Daniel Jones has never been anything without Saquon Barkley period. So regardless of him being just a bus driver or whatever, the person that makes New York dangerous is Saquon Barkley. I never thought any different, even with the additions of Darren Waller. I think he's just an accent piece to the danger that Sakuon Barkley is. So but I anticipated that new and improved their health, especially the first game out. Everybody is ready to go. But I'm I'm with you. Our defense is just too good for Daniel Jones.
Speaker 6: But when you look at it, when you go ahead ahead, just scoop back to word you second, go ahead ahead serviceable.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not saying he's gonna be you know you must, but you're serviceable. I'm not saying it was a playoff team last year. Okay, I'm just.
Speaker 6: Saying he's gonna be service serviceable when they went to the Super Bowl. Daniel Jones was serviceable last season and they got to the Division the cot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds like super Bowl to men. If you get in the tournament, you got a chance. We all know that. If you get into the you got in.
Speaker 6: I'm saying they got a great opportunity to make have the Giants because of right now, I'm not I'm not gonna sit there and be concrete in it.
Speaker 2: Right injuries happened. I'm not gonna sit there and be like no, But if they stay healthy, I think they can get back in. If they do, it's gonna be because of Saquon Barklay and that defense.
Speaker 6: Saquon Barkley the defense and Darren Waller because because I'm not gonna hit there and be like, Okay, Saquon is a beast, but when you look at it, they're two beastly players. The tight end Darren Waller, the running back Saquon. That's they're dealing with interior people. They're dealing with linebackers and safeties. We're not talking about Gilmore, We're not talking about Digs. On the off those guys are gonna be locked in. Can we handle that inside offense? Can we have somebody that can lock down Darren Waller?
Speaker 2: That's a great question. Can we have Who's gonna make one? Who do you have? Because right now you have what run curse on Darren Waller? That's what the slow defense of being running through his face mask. The running team. We're gonna be here a lot of a lot of them about them. So what happened when they split Hi out? And that's what you're gonna have to do. But but but then that's your only option against a past rushing squad.
Speaker 3: Are they making the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know about that, broad Way Barry.
Speaker 6: Are they taking there's no injuries and they stay healthy. Yes, I can see the New York Giants make the playoffs. And I'm saying no, that don't have made the playoffs. I don't think we send it three teams of the playoffs this season out of the Inner Ceast.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we sent three last years. I can see it happened. I can see it. Jones.
Speaker 3: He came in with, yes, sir, Giants making the playoff. No, absolutely not three nose in Broadway. Barry got him, y'all.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, y'all, like it's like they're they probably team I don't want to be competitive.
Speaker 2: I just don't think they're gonna make the playoffs. And definitely not because Daniel Jones is the most improved quarterback and hey Jones.
Speaker 6: But if they make the playoffs, it's definitely gonna be with Daniel Jones in there too.
Speaker 2: I mean, the guy touches the I don't think he's going to be the reason why one when you look at when you look at the squad, you're not gonna be like man Man. Without Daniel Jones, they would have did nothing. You're gonna be like man gonna do his turn around. He got to know the BA. This is your Nicki Minaj whis Kali for a moment right now? Better than like, I ain't gonna get it. Ain't like this teammate made the playoffs twelve years. They just made it last year. They did. Listen to the second did the same exactly, write all this down, write all this down, get live though, come in, got a whole whole list.
Speaker 6: We're gonna have A, You're gonna have a heck of a year with with Herbert. What the heck of a year Herbert gonna be an MVP conversation. That's a that's a hell of a year. What about the playoffs?
Speaker 2: No, no, we're talking about killing Moore taking going back to the playoffs here, okay, all right, we need to take a break to the lash down. Okay, right right, all this, okay, what we.
Speaker 3: Need to write something? Take a break right here on the play again.
Speaker 2: Had they lost in the playoffs? They did from Jackson, We're they had Dallas Championship.
Speaker 4: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the.
Speaker 2: Fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 3: He escaped slapped.
Speaker 2: He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 5: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: Preus Scot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 4: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered?
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and Whoo Me Too. These smoothie bowls start with US III and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola, and his Savor Peanut butter Drizzle. New Smoothie Bows only a Smoothieky, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com. Slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 7: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state, and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home are away.
Speaker 7: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys smearing off we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players loud. The Emmy Award winning docu series Deep Blue, presented by Pepsi, is back. Check out this series four episodes on Cowboys Now, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook on visit Dallas Cowboys dot com, slash Deep Blue. Het Ma Harrison appreciate.
Speaker 4: That very much.
Speaker 3: All Right, Danny McCrae, Barry Church, I should call him Barry Orlovsky imnews drugs. Okay, so we're writing down these great memorable takes from Barry. He's got Justin Herbert as an MVP candidate.
Speaker 2: Is that crazy? I'm just asking yes? Is that? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: But is that crazy. Is it top three or top five candidate? I'm not. I don't know. I ain't about to break it down like that. He's fourth, but he's not third. He's a candidate. He's gonna finish top three, will finish, top five, Okay, top five?
Speaker 3: See you got it?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: You have the Giants making the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Yes, if they stay healthy, that's one of the cabyats. Everybody health healthy, Okay.
Speaker 2: Because because I know what's gonna happen when I come in this the Giants lost. I told you wasn't gonna happen if if Danny and Barkley are healthy throughout that I mean, the team gotta be healthy.
Speaker 6: Like we're talking about Darren Waller, were talking about this defense, like I'm saying Danny dives as an m v P candidate, I said he was serviceable, which means he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna need his team to help him get to that next level.
Speaker 3: Most of If Patrick Maholmes is hurt, I'm kind of thinking Kansas City may not have the same.
Speaker 2: Come on, you're talking about put the extra put if healthy, everybody, if healthy, team health.
Speaker 3: What we have on Kellen Moore here, we got what we got with Kellen Moore.
Speaker 2: Top five offense, Yeah, top five offense, top five.
Speaker 6: Off Yeah, that's gonna be good, bro, because that's that's to me, Like this is crazy. Kellen Moore is at the top five.
Speaker 2: What was crazy was making making the playoffs even though he made it last year like most most much improved and like much improved for Daniel Daniel Jones would be okay, same as the Cowboys. That means you have them in the NFC Championship.
Speaker 6: That's the team we're talking about, Danny Dunne. Okay, So we said team and I don't know they're gonna make it an NMFC championship.
Speaker 2: But were talking about Dadydas as a.
Speaker 6: Player, he can be most improved past and he only threw what seventeen touchdowns last year?
Speaker 2: He can improve all that. Let's more than just seventeen touch out he played. How many games you played? He played seventeen games? They had seventeen. How many plays? How many guys your boy played? You can boy, But he damn sure did throw seventeen pix he throw no, he seventeen seventeen interceptions, seventeen susy two touchdowns now and I'm sure and I'm sure he had more attempts than Daddy Dimes did in twelve games. The man led the league in picks. Okay, we need to keep going here.
Speaker 3: Chargers hosting the Cowboys on Monday Night football. Who wins this game?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's got your boys, that man, Hellen Moore versus.
Speaker 2: Bart. I agree, it's too early for that one. That's the time. But the Chargers winning the playoff game, he's got that. It's got to be a plush. They made the playoffs last year.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll win a playoff game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, away fourteen should have one last seven. Blasphemy. You're a quarterback in the NFL. You only threw seventeen touchdowns, grand for five. You threw seventeen. Come on, man, like that's that's bad. Yeah, I don't like the way you're throwing that seventeen.
Speaker 6: I tell him, yeah, come come on, man, like you bouling up when looking at your own closet.
Speaker 2: But he didn't throw seventeen touchdowns. Come on, man, put numbers. I'm not bad. I'm not saying one game the interception isn't bad. He only played at twelve twelve. I'm backing, you know, But as a quarterback. Interception guy, he said he only threw seventeen touchdowns. All right, we got whatever, hey, young guy, you got how many quarterbacks? How many touchdowns did Jaylen hunchdown last year? I'm sure you know this. Are we going there? Yeah, let's go there. I wasn't even in that or just we there? Man? We do? Since we there? How many the man went to the he went to the super Bowl. He was in the MVP conversation. In a league where someone's throwing fifty five touchdowns?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying, what are we judging this thing on? I'm talking about are you throwing touchdowns? He ain't throwing touchdown He's a quarterback. We're talking about I don't even know that we're talking about nothing hurt getting this conversation. I included Jaylor Hurt. I interjected, Jaylor Hurts. We're talking about Danny Downs and his seventeen touchdowns. In that Ben were talking about three guys ain't want a playoff game?
Speaker 3: Is this what heck? He is like the dudes on the debate stage.
Speaker 2: You just took it over here. I want to talk about this. No, that's not that's not that's not what it was. We're talking about Daniel Jones throwing seventeen touchdowns, and if we're going to base these quarterbacks off of us throwing the ball, then let's talk about another guy in the NFC easter it since we're much improved as Daniel Jones, he only threw twenty two. Who's touching these guys off how many they throw? I don't know anybody didn't watching football. He' talking about the know how you played it. The quarterback position can be different based off your scheme and what team you play for. If you end up with something touchdowns at twenty five more of them Russians and twenty five are you are a rare air you You're on a whole nother level. That's what you're doing. You're rare airing it if you're doing it like that. Listen, you got twenty five, You got twenty five rushing touchdowns as a quarterback. Come on now, all right, man, so that gonna be okay, bro, I promise, all right? What are you talking about? This dude was up for the m v P. What's the super Bowl last? He's gonna throw him in to Danny Dobbs. Much improved, Danie Jones and he was much improved in the NFC. If we're basing that off of the quarterbacks in the NFC, that's how you boy got in this conversation. So don't like I pulled that out there. That come on, man, we were here with on Barry Church lit. We're trying to get the list straight. That list is good now, that listens.
Speaker 3: One that hurts is not in the list.
Speaker 2: Solid, my solid winning. I'm obviously here for the jailor Hurst conversation. I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pull We got plenty of time to get the Jailen.
Speaker 2: Know hey, I've been waiting to talk about him clearly because that's solid right there. That's solid you're talking about.
Speaker 3: So let's let's just review it. Since Justin Herbert, Justin Herbert will be an m VP candidate and finished top.
Speaker 2: Five in voting. Yeah, that's not it. I don't think the Giants will make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: According to Barry Church.
Speaker 2: If everything's healthy, yes, Kellen.
Speaker 3: Moore will operate a top five offense this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's done it, and he's done it in the past. What three years?
Speaker 3: The Chargers will make and win a playoff game this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we are awaiting Berry's Chargers versus Down early Monday night pick.
Speaker 6: For you got Danny Downs. Yeah, they're gonna get him about twenty twenty. He might rest for another much approved plastic you know what I mean. That's the approved by the way.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys last year eleventh ranked offense in the league, so Kellen would not.
Speaker 2: Have a top tailer a couple years before.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, uh, you know we need a break.
Speaker 2: You got look at me? Why are you looking at me?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Why are you looking at meat?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Looking too high?
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy w lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 4: I'm dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 3: The press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 2: He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 5: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and scores.
Speaker 4: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The Bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own boss.
Speaker 7: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state, and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry it again because most of all we got big love for them boys sparing off we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the Players Lounge experience and feeling of game day every day at Middle of Lighthouse at the Star, now open just steps away from Tostitos Championship Plaza, Miller Lighthouse, featuring a cooler full of grab and Gold beverages and snacks, tailgate games, a recharging lounge, Dallas Cowboy photo ops and complementary concier services. For more information, visit the Star in Frisco dot com slash Middle Lighthouse.
Speaker 3: That is Heck Maharrison right here all the players by Tostito's, the Players on the Players Lounge or Danny McCray and Barry Church. I'm new he Scruggs. So, uh the cuts happened after our show, Uh last week? Wow, you have feelings and thoughts.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting here with my man. I know you got something. I know it. I know what I don't want to see. I want to hear it that we all waiting because I know what your bo no no, no, no, no no no thoughts on the cuts.
Speaker 3: Malik Davis's dahky what we thought, Sean McEwan, he's there, so we thought, we're not surprised to bull Cox is gone, right and he's now remember Washington to see him leave and he's now with the Colt.
Speaker 2: So I look at this, listen, you know, hold on wait so to see boss man fast gone and then traded that just showed this this is a they're good. They're good. They're good.
Speaker 3: Because when I was asking about him camp, you know, I'll here.
Speaker 2: Everybody everybody spoke up strongest battery ass, strong at battery ass. I was like, what does that mean? Twice?
Speaker 3: Hey, I thought he just make the team about they.
Speaker 2: Got you you know what? Yes, yes, that's why were trying to save Jerry.
Speaker 4: Out.
Speaker 3: I listened to I listened to it. Shouldn't listen to so so Kelvin Joseph traded traded. That's good by them, did they you know? But they had made all indications they was gonna keep this guy on here even though what we saw was giving up a lot of touchdowns. They moved them on, so good good on Will McClain that they got something for Kelvin Joseph.
Speaker 2: Do you think had they not found a trade for him, that they would have released them? It's a good question because I still believe that they would have. I still believe it would be made team because they did because they let c J go again to put them back on practice squad, and.
Speaker 6: That's the two beast that was the best teams players last year. So it was you know, c J and Kelvin Joseph.
Speaker 2: So my mind, I'm like, yeah, if they don't find a trade partner, I still think that he's what was what was the last straw though with with Joseph? Was it lining up outside? Was that it was that the final that was like, Okay, get on the phone, like let's find out right now if we could get some some value. You know.
Speaker 6: God, I think they checked them to be out there though, so I don't know, but it was it was a little surprising. It was surprising they must got some dogs on teams this year because I mean, well, both of the Tom Tom dudes and premier positions.
Speaker 2: You know, I think here which goes into the surprise that for me is the lifkey. You guys ended up being right with the four running back backs in three tight ends. But none of y'all guessed at all that it would have been lifty been because of that last game, Like was that that was the last game put put them on because I mean, I think they wanted to because they know they need a guy who could pass block, and I I think when they saw that he had the ability to do more than just that and be effective catching the ball out of the backfield, and then all of a sudden, not all of a sudden, but then Mike McCarthy has this this vision that he sees in him with cool right, you say, wait, hold on, wait, who can we've been talking about this. Who's going to be your past blocking guy right when you need it, when you need it, right third and eight. You need a guy who can get in there and pass block and then oh just not be a guy who's just gonna be sitting back there because you know he's gonna pass and not be able to get out and put pressure on people. It's lippy. But but early, early in Mike McCarthy's offense, you've seen him use the h back and maybe lippy serves h serves that as well, Uh, the flex a tight end also, So fourth like they got all that, all the stuff we talked about them needing of Hey, man, who's gonna be your goal line guy? When you line up on the goal line fourth to one and you can't spread it out to put Deuce vun or Tony Paulard in there, who's your guy? All right? At one point I was like, Trey Lance might be a guy who going to they put a package in for him. Why you got lipkey? That was surprising.
Speaker 6: All the whole time, I've never like because nobody ever talked about I didn't hear anything about this man all training camp, oh preseas all that's never heard anything, and all of a sudden boom.
Speaker 2: In the history of preseason, have you seen a guy like besides I guess Turpin be the last guy that makes a roster based off his performance in the last preseason game.
Speaker 3: If we take Mike at his word. He said he didn't have his fifty three set, and he said, these games. You want these games because somebody's gonna show you something. And then I go back to just what we've spoken about during training camp and having guys released. Do you feel like you can get the guy back if you put them out there? They thought, we'll put CJ out here, we think we can get CJ back. If we put Limpy out there, we don't think we'll get him back. And clearly Mike sees a role for him that's bigger than what we were true.
Speaker 2: And keeping it. Keeping Davis on practice squad to me is another move. Just they didn't let him go.
Speaker 3: Because you know, there's a lot of guys like Davis out there where teams have running backs they like who know the system and they feel comfortable with. So it worked out. He look, I think, I think, is there anybody out there that you said, boy, I wish they'd have kept that player.
Speaker 2: I'm bioused you. I won't see uls you gotta get him. But I mean, no, yeah, overall, not really. I was trying to think back to what what was Do you remember when Philip Tanner made the team, So I remember he had, he had two great games at the beginning of at the beginning of the season. I don't know was he on the bubble like that at the end or he had already been kind of solidified as the special team's guy. But I remember having one of those those training camps to where he was like, oh, he's playing, Yeah, yeah, he's gonna play out of Middletitenancy. Not really high expectations for the guy, and then all of a sudden he gets out there and he gets some reps and you're like, yeah, he can spend a little bit. Yeah. I think that was it, man, Which is which is a positive?
Speaker 3: Chris Beam just said, Jesse.
Speaker 2: Holly, that's true. Yeah, Minnesota game.
Speaker 3: I once again, I I think we should trust Mike McCarthy and this scouting department and what the decisions they make. Like, okay, but at the end of the day, they keep finding players. And there was a stat that was out there they talked about there was like over eighty eighty NFL players that got their start with the Cowboys right now, So the Cowboys have been able to identify NFL players.
Speaker 2: It was a great job.
Speaker 3: While some of them are aren't with the team, they're they're across the league and other teams they have said, you know what, these guys can help us. So from a scouting standpoint, they are not getting.
Speaker 2: Were you guys. Let me ask this where you guys are not surprised about the linebackers. I mean going with only three linebackers. I was at Perst.
Speaker 6: I was surprised and I thought about it for a second and it was like, you know, you got a lot of safeties in here that with that position flex. I mean, you got a guy like Marquise Bell that can slide in there. Thomas as well, I think he has He's a bigger body guy that he can kind of do that versatile role as well. So but it's just I mean, now you get in trouble with that as well though, because if you if you primarily work out with just two tight ends, you kind of bring that safety in there to be a hybrid. That's where teams start to run it down your throat and you can get in trouble with that. So that was interesting just bringing in three linebackers.
Speaker 2: I thought that was in just defensive tackle in the first Hope, hope he can, Hope he can keep Keith's offensive lineman off those linebackers. But I'm excited to see thirty three play. Uh. I'm sure he'll be starting out there with with with Vandersch, so that's exciting. But back to that, I forgot my point on that one was lifty will probably be a core special teamer. Oh he has just based off what we saw. He looks like one of those sent Dayjo guys, right exactly. They don't care. You tell him runs straight and go tackle somebody, figure out how to work those lanes. He's gonna get out there and do it, so I can I expect him to be one of their core guys up there with with us CJ as well. It's end other.
Speaker 3: This is this is a good thing here. Jason over the Cap here says the Cowboys currently lead the NFL with being responsible for starting the career of eighty two players currently in the NFL. That's number one, Baltimore's number two seventy seven, Minnesota number three with seventy five. San Francisco was seventy four. New England is fifth with seventy one. The Colts come in six at seventy, the Rams with sixty nine, Green Bay with sixty eight. They are doing some really good work in that personnel department. And when you start looking your bottom teams, it's Vegas and Cincinnati with fifty four, Tennessee fifty five, Washington to fifty five as well. So hey, there you go.
Speaker 2: There you go. The heck of a job up top.
Speaker 3: All right, gentlemen, I guess next week we get it rolling.
Speaker 2: For sure, we get it roll then.
Speaker 3: Okay, so hecna, Danny, if we can think of anything else to add to the list of.
Speaker 2: Church that's a list, right then I'm gonna need y'all to get a list going on. But that's a list our job, you know what. I just want to say this. I don't appreciate how y'all making me feel like I took the show off the road.
Speaker 3: All good, it's all good.
Speaker 2: Appreciate we'll talk on Monday, everybody. I don't appreciate that. Yeah, I want to. I want to give a shout out to the women's sports Okay. I don't know if y'all saw it last night, that volleyball game of the Nebraska attendance up there in Nebraska. This is coming off of the women's championship being out here for basketball which was amazing, and then you get to see that volleyball game like that where they got they breaking the record for it was to watch good bye tak Us off to people.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club