Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five Bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you use the promo code leading Off. It is me Joey p. That of course is the Welshit, It's you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks, everybody hanging out in the chat sixty comments deep before we even get into the show. I love it, I love the community. Just doesn't need us. We're just window dressing completely here on the program. But Welsh, we got a lot going on. There was a trade in Major League Baseball, and if anybody cares Kevin Bigio is on his way to LA, they might have a better chance with Craig Bgo producing at this point in time. But Welsh, we got a jam pack show, including the Waiver Wire today. So if we're used to be seeing the Waiver Wire on our independent videos, we're gonna be doing it differently, just like the trade videos for the rest of the season. We're gonna do it inside the show. So if you're watching live, you get to see it before anybody, Aren't you lucky? Welsh. It's a good days. It's a nice day outside. Is it one hundred and ten degrees where you are? Where is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, excessive heat warning. It is nine thirty in the morning. Here in Arizona. It is ninety five degrees right now.
Speaker 1: It's seventy five years noon. It's beautiful. I love it.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't love it, but you know what I do love. I love messing with the chat. These guys don't know, but I saw it yesterday, Joe. They were doing over under bets on me wearing a hat because I like to wear the hats to not do the hair. So I got the I got them all worked up because I'm haired out today we're walking hair. We got the nice polo. No one expected it. They were making bets on what hat it would be yesterday. So you all stay on your toes because I'm watching.
Speaker 1: You never know. That's why you watch the show. You just never know what's gonna happen. Paul Skanes, we know what's gonna happen there. Strikeouts. We got the over to chaneks Gaines recording eight strikeouts six and a third innings against the Cards yesterday. Tight game. Two miles on the other side, was very good. This was a fun contest. Paul Skens continues to look really sharp. You know what else I thought was really fun too. I've been seeing when he warms up, he warms up with the football, just like Nolan Ryan used to do. I love that, and I wonder, I wonder is there something about that, because if there's one guy you can point to and say, you know, he was about as durable as he gets, it was Nolan Ryan and that was one of the things that I don't remember anybody else doing except him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's you know, I don't see actually see a ton of pitchers do it. There's a guy just recent mind the Royals, Peyton Wilson, who's a former quarterback in high school. I think, big college football prospect, and you know, every time I would see him, he's out, he's got a football, he's rushing that around. So maybe there's something to it. I wanted to ask you something on schemes real quick. That performance yesterday. We are continuously seeing Skeens, and I really give credit to the catchers. Readjust his stuff left and right. Forty two percent usage of fastball, the splinker way down. We've seen that be as high as forty five percent. Uh, he had a bunch of whiffs fourteen, but only a twenty five percent with rate based on swings. He's getting a ton of swings CSW thirty one. Here's my question, though, next year with Paul Skins, will you rank Paul Skeins as a top ten starting pitcher because I'm after watching him through all these starts, i am just so thoroughly impressed with how we've moved away from the what is the shape of the fastball? He is so hard to do hit.
Speaker 1: Let's let's do it. Okay, I'm not ranking him ahead of Zach Wheeler. I'm not ragging him out of forburn burns. I'm not raking him at a glass now er schooble. That's four Yamamoto. You want to pu himhet of Yamamoto.
Speaker 2: Let's put him in a bucket. Let's put Yamamoto in Skins in a bucket for a second. Let's put them in the same bucket. So let let's figure out one hundred percents not over, so we have what four?
Speaker 1: We have four spencer off of Tommy John but probably not going to start the year on time.
Speaker 2: Possibly normal strider. Yeah, Yeah, that's okay, let's not too sure. What about Imanaga?
Speaker 1: I put him ahead at you Monaga because of the strikeout right next year? Yeah, Reagan's yeah, definitely, so top ten.
Speaker 2: Garrett Cole, Garrett Cole. Five. Let's say Garrett Cole goes ahead.
Speaker 1: And then if Garrett Cole's in there, that's six. If he stays, who is the fifth? I said Strider? I feel like put Stryder in there. That's disrespectful to Strider to not put him in there. But then you've got Castillo, You've got George Kirby, You've got.
Speaker 2: Bucket bucket, Yeah, put on the buckets.
Speaker 1: You might be right. He might be top ten. You know, I'm looking.
Speaker 2: He's the top ten because you're not gonna deal next season.
Speaker 1: Although there are any other guys too coming off Tommy John to remember or not forget about, and they will be much more removed than some other pictures. Sandy al Contra and McClanahan. Now, those are two other guys that I would put in there too. Now, if you want to ahead of him, I can't argue that, but I'm curious what the chat thinks there. Would you put Skeins ahead of Alcantra and al and the head of Sean McClanahan. I don't think I do.
Speaker 2: I like, I think either way, like everyone's bringing up interesting like Nola's in there, and I think what you're starting to get the bigger maybe, but what you're starting to do is I think said, we're starting to put Skeens in the same bucket with those guys, so definitives, I think we've got seven guys. I know this is like kind of an arbitrary is question, but my point is, Paul Skeens has been this good, this dominant, this consistent with great stuff and a season to work through. I don't know if you're gonna be able to go too high on Skeens next year, and I don't know if people will rank him top ten. I think he's gonna be top ten even with the return of Sandy and McClanahan. I think it fits. And I'm saying all of this because I have just been so thoroughly impressed with how the catchers have used him, how he has pitched. He's pitched backwards sometimes, and he is just he's gonna He's just a tough, tough out. He just mountain strikes left and right. He got to eight strikeouts. I think it wasn't like seventy pitches. And he keeps doing this. If we had no CAP this year, we'd be top ten, we'd be well inside the top ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, it's it's certainly food for thought. It's a good conversation. Aaron Judge two for four with a home run. Look, I mean he's round ten at the very least, So I think we can lock that in. Judge two four with a dinger. A good game for the Yanks. Stroman five and two thirds, scoreless hazels, Wizardo two runs. Trade him now, Trade him now before the bad start happens. Five and two thirds against the Mets. Julio Rodriguez stole two bases yesterday. Corbyn Carrol three for four with a triple. How about that is nice?
Speaker 2: Look now for Corbyn Carrol, what's happening?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Corbin Carroll has raised that average up over two hundred. Oh, I know, but he has been on a big old hit streak. I think I feel comfortable saying that Corby Carroll is on the big bounce back. Short term, it's obvious, but I think they'll be a big bounce back what I'm not sold on is there really might not be any power. Like the way he's gonna have to attack and approach and he's being pitched. I just don't know if he's going to be able to tap into that. But he doubles, triples, he's gonna score tons of runs. He's gonna move back into the lineup. Hard hit rates coming up a little bit, Barrel's coming up. Everything is just like starting to come back up. He's hitting the ball more consistent. He was around like eighty five average ev it's up to eighty seven. This is all great signs. It's kind of a bye. I just don't think we're gonna get a twenty homer season from Carrol. Probably gonna get like a twelve to fourteen if we're lucky. You just gotta hope he keeps hitting, gets a stolen bases, scores tons of runs. He's at best gonna be a fourth or fifth round talent by the end of the year. But he is turning it around, and that's a big that's a big sign. It's a bye to me, it's a bye for Carol on the cheap, cheap.
Speaker 1: Josh noil or with another home or two two for five for him. All right, we got some fun stuff here, some minor league stuff everybody. So noa way mart Day two for five yesterday at Triple A. So we work his way back again. He's out there and a lot more leagues than you realize, Go Adam. Jordan Walker three for five with a solo homer so far since he's been sent down to Triple A hitting two seventy three with thirteen extra base hits and three steals. Does that excite you when it comes to Jordan Walker, you think he might be finally figuring it out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean even when he got sent down, Walker was one of those guys that, like I thought, a lot of the underlying stuff was still relatively positive. Like the hard hit wasn't much different than last year. He was barreling the ball way more this year, which was really good. He was getting the ball in the air more, hitting the ball harder eighty nine point four average ECX of velocity last year ninety one point seven. Those were all good things. He just wasn't being consistent enough, and he really struggled against forcing fastballs, which he did last year. So if he's got that fixed, if he comes back up. He's gonna be like a top pick up for me if he get But that's the thing, no idea. There's just too many cooks in the Cardinals kitchen. I don't know if they're gonna give him that one hundred confident call back up play every single day thing. But if they do, I will buy because I think we're training in a good direction. He's hitting homers in triple A. That's a really good sign.
Speaker 1: By the way, somebody in the chat asked the Rookie of the Year National League Gods. Shotto is now plus one sixty. So if you invested in when it was fourteen to one, we told you made money on it already you can cash out if you want. Skin's at plus two hundred already right behind him now, just saying that got you tight.
Speaker 2: All these pictures that are at the top, pictures win.
Speaker 1: It's the picture to win these awards. They do win these awards, Oh they don't.
Speaker 2: Streider was so much better than Michael Harris and Michael Harris.
Speaker 1: I agree, Well that's just stupid. But like it's not like pitchers don't win.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have two pictures win it this year. We're gonna have even Aga and Luise Heal. Joe, We're gonna have two pictures win Rookie of the Year. All right, let's look at the Rookie of THEA listening. I just look. I tried to poke at you, and.
Speaker 1: You did what I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I see I said I did. I'm gonna I'm gonna rerun it real quick, Joe. I said, we're gonna have two pictures win Rookie of the Year, Imonaga and Luis Heel.
Speaker 1: Can you believe it? So funny? I'm glad. I'm glad I ignored you. I'm looking to see how many pitchers in the last couple of years have won this award because you got it in my craw now you stuck it right in there. Let's see in the American League the last pitcher to win it. Oh. By the way, speaking of pictures, coming back from Tommy John choey Otani, you're gonna Putani ahead of Skens.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean, but again, he's still top ten. We're still top ten if we do. But okay, let's read down this list to find Michael.
Speaker 1: Former that worked out great, Jeremy Helsen, if Tali Falies, Andrew Bailey in the American League, and some guy named Justin Verlander was pretty good. He won it back in two thousand. Okay, so that's twenty years in the National League. In the National League, we had Devin Williams win it. He's a reliever, Jacob de Gram, Jose Fernandez. Those are two good ones.
Speaker 2: We go. Okay, so twenty years.
Speaker 1: Craig was fifteen actually ten, actually Craig Kimberl another pitcher, and some relievers here which is kind of interesting too. Don Trell Willis in two thousand and three, and Jason Jennings from Colorado. Wow, Jason Jennings.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jason Jenny, that's a blast on the pass. But yeah, So my point isn't like they just don't win it often, especially when there's options. But we have made this really clear. The hitters stink. Langford has to get on that big run to take it from here, or he's got to get moved to the bullpen or some nonsense that.
Speaker 1: Joe, and you're all gonna hate life. He makes a three three hitting starts for the two months for July and August, Brett bating three for five with a two run dinger yesterday to a triple A. So a lot of those guys he double triple A. Just keep an eye. I don't believe in baity, but Marte, I definitely do. Rookie lookie Carlos Rodriguez made his debut two earned runs in three and two thirds, struck out four. Any takeaways from rodriguez debut in the Major leaguees.
Speaker 2: Well, cash money, cash cash money.
Speaker 1: Bet.
Speaker 2: I bet, I bet Toronto first five money line, and then I also bet them full game. You know, he looked better. The big bill on him and the miners was just very heavy fastball he ended up throwing. I mean it's essentially three different pitch types because he's got three different fastballs. He throws a cutter, a sink, great cutter, sinker, and a four seam. You're covering all different portions of the zone. He did that about sixty seventy percent of the time, and then he threw a change up and slider. Those were okay. I thought he was okay, he's just gonna sit in the zone. He's gonna get banged around. I kind of think he might long term be a reliever, but you know, he could go the way of a Peralta. He looked better than I thought he was going to look, because I thought it was going to be a lot more hitable fastballs.
Speaker 1: Louis Varlin five scoreless now was against the Rockies, and he got sent down today, So there you go. So a little spot star for Louis Varlin, but a good one, so we'll take what we can get. Connor Norby also sent down to Triple A, and he thought of feelings about that one.
Speaker 2: Walsh, I mean kind of stinky, kind of sucks to see him go.
Speaker 1: He makes a room for Hore Matteo, don't we.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, Ramona, we gotta get past guy. I want the Kobe Mayo. I want the Kobe Mayo to be too.
Speaker 1: He's still working his way back. So in the holiday Jordan Lawler three for six with a solo homer. Do we see Jordan Lawler this year?
Speaker 2: They are working him out at third base in Triple A. Right now. There's a lot of local chatter out here about how bad Johinneo Suarez is, to the point that the big local sports station had to reiterate a move that was being made was not Johanneo Sware is being gone he plays really good defensively, his bat is bad. The Diamondbacks might be setting themselves up for a move that is going to have Lawler coming up, maybe in the next month or so or post All Star Game, And it looked like it looks like Lawler would go over to third because you've got Perdomo back, Kevin Newman has played well, and Blaze Alexander's trying to work through. So I actually think Lawler does have an opportunity. I'm kind of pessimistic about his bat, but he absolutely just murdered a ball last night, so that's like a really good sign. But I think we will see Lawla in the near future. I just don't know if it's going to be like a what.
Speaker 1: Exciting to Davis and Della Santos. Then, in terms of his progress, if Lawler starts playing more third base, like well.
Speaker 2: He's playing in the outfield, he's almost playing like exclusive. I think he's kind of moving exclusively into the outfield. So this would be Yea Davison Dela Santo's So that would be something where it's like you want to play him in left field because he's only going to play left field. I would have made maybe right because of the third base arm.
Speaker 1: Field hard don't you know I learned how to catch. I don't know this song, you know that song, that song about the right field. No, no, this is a real song. It's about this kid in right field who sticks, he watches the dandelions grow, and then one time they actually hit a ball at him and he actually catches it. And then the last verses I play right field, you know, and he's all proud of it, you know, instead of the.
Speaker 2: Is this a song not a personal? And personal is a song? This is a real He finally caught it in right field.
Speaker 1: Infield prospect for the Tigers, Jace Young homer twice yesterday. So this is a guy Too's kind of right there. Eleven homers this year over at you know, between the two levels of minor league ball. Do you think that the twenty three year old he's at a top seventy five prospect right now on a lot of boards. Do you think this guy is somebody people should be adding this week or kind of speculating? Never?
Speaker 2: No, well, no, I okay, I don't mean to be dismissive about it, like sure like he could forget him called.
Speaker 1: I just want to say it kind of did.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big Jace Young guy. Saw him a bunch in the AFL. I really have never loved his big approach. It's just got like it's almost his hands out really weird, and he does tap into some power. I think he's going to be more of a doubles guy, some big swing and whift lower in the zone as well. But they brought up Justin Henry malloy. I'm not sure how aggressive this team wants to be. I mean, Colt Keith also has been like really turning it around this past month, so you have to find like where are they going to put him? Because Colt Keith second base and Jase is a little bit better placed as second baseman. Torkalsin's been hitting a whole bunch. They probably are gonna try torkal Sin before Jace Young, So I think we'll see Jason this year. He's not on a stash list for me though.
Speaker 1: All right now, I just want you to know I found the song. It's a Peter Paul and Mary song, but that's not what I remember it from. I remember it from many many moons ago on the Pizza Hut commercial. I found it would you like to see it, everybody. I think that's a big yes from everything.
Speaker 2: A Pizza Hut commercial.
Speaker 1: You know who loves you know who loves Pizza Hut.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get demonetized. But go ahead, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna get demonica. You don't love Pizza Hut. This guy, this guy right here like Little Caesars. All right, So let's let's take a look at this right here, because he loves Little Caesars. All right. Here we go. This is the right Field song, and we're gonna play it here. It's only a minute long.
Speaker 2: Make it bigger.
Speaker 1: Look at this. It's see hanging out there with all his little friends.
Speaker 2: There's Joey, Oh, Joe, it's coming. You guys are about the same size too.
Speaker 1: Look at this. My soul is so full. We caught the ball.
Speaker 2: You're so happy? Is that cousin Donnie? I saw too? Yeah? Crazy, alright. I've never heard of this in my life. I've never heard of this in my life.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go. Look at that playing Joe. Oh, boys, look so great, isn't it great? I love it so much. It's such a fun. Bid. Oh, it's so fun to have all of the guys being celebrating over there in the outfield.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, pizza, pizza, you got you you old guys in your memory. That's amazing. Hey man, I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, like, see, Mike knows, see you're there. You go look at that. I love it.
Speaker 2: How old are you, Mike, Mike is Mike, Yeah, I've never seen that in my life. I don't know what I mean. It sounds it seems very like early No, it's.
Speaker 1: Very late in these early nineties. I want to say, so we're in there. But the fun part of the song Welsh is that it was at one point in time, like it's the beginning of the song is they put me out there because I stink in right field, and then he makes the big catch to win the game.
Speaker 2: And I'm happy for that. Is more like me. When I was playing little league, I was pretty good.
Speaker 1: I was an all star. I played high school, I was pretty good. Yeah. College scholarship, didn't play but cool?
Speaker 2: College scholarship for baseball? Did you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? But instead I got more for acting. So I went instead, and I learned acting instead. The most important route at take a hold of a path.
Speaker 2: We need, we need when we do the next big pros trip because I don't know when we'll all be together again. We've got to do a baseball competition type of thing. We got to see.
Speaker 1: Game forever. I want a wiffle ball home run derby contest because that is the ultimate equalizer. That is the equalizer. All right, it's time, ladies and gentlemen to look ahead to the waiver wires. So without further ado, let's get you the names that you need on your team for this week with the waiver wire. I want to add him, Welsh wants to drop him. Who knows how things will go. You'll have to tune in, all right. First guy on the list is Drew Thorpe. Now, I understand when a guy makes a jump from double A sometimes we're not super excited about. But he's thirty eight percent rostered right now. He was seven to one with a one three five ERA. There's nothing left for him to learn in double A. Yeah, maybe you can go throw him out there in triple A for a few winnings, but what's the point of that. He's got sixty innings under his belt. If you're gonna give him a hundred and twenty on the air, you might as well, take some lumps there with the White Sox, and the first start yesterday of his major league career was pretty good. He struck out four over five innings. Now, the defense did not help him, Welsh, I'm sure you saw that too, but that's gonna be what the White Socks are gonna be. Path to wins are gonna be tough. But can he give you good peripherals? I think he can, so if you're in a deeper league. Drew Thorpe roster right now about thirty eight percent of leagues is a guy that I would still add you're gonna be limited, but if you're hurting for pitching right now or in the next month or so, I think you're in a good spot with him. Alec Burlson, this is a guy that was on my list already a few weeks ago, and I got to bring him up again, Welsh, because ten games in June, he's in two eighty six with five extra base hits on the year. He's got a two eighty three batting average. He's been very steady with the average. He got nine homers, twenty four ribies, twenty one scored. This guy's kind of come out of nowhere, and he's still only fifty percent roster despite all that productivity. So Welsh, any thoughts about Burlson whether or not you would be adding him this week, because I think again that roster percentage at this point should be higher for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I like Burlson in points leagues with the really low k's and you know, the higher contact rate, I think that makes a lot of sense. But you know, he's showing some really solid power. He gets opportunities to lead off where he's going to you know, going to score some runs. And the I mean, he's just not a big obp guy. He's not going to get on base a whole bunch, which hurts a little bit. But one of the lowest k rates in baseball, a two eighty seven expected batting average is higher than his actual two eighty three. They're dying for offense. Again. The only thing I would point out is just like this team is a glut of players. When Tommy Edmond comes back, Jordan Walker's in the minor, will Victor Scott ever get back. It's the only thing that makes it we But Burlson has been a guy that has proven to be kind of this super util. He could play in the infield. He won a gold Glove in the NFILD. He can play in the outfield. Like I'm down with Burlson. Berlson maybe a tiny tad bit deeper leagues, but he's a great player. He's actually one of those players I look at as like a streaming hitter. I know everyone talks about streaming pitchers, but if you can you can facilitate like two or three guys and just burn and churn them out. Burson's one of those.
Speaker 1: Yes name for you, ben Zoberist to remember him, just kind of played everywhere, just hit the baseball, had a little pop, had some good batting average seasons.
Speaker 2: Thank Sober.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, everybody likes a good ben Zobrist. Down again, Hunter Brown's and picking things up, but unfortunately no one's picked him up off the waiver wire. He's sixty five percent rostered right now, and because of that turnaround, because obviously he's not going anywhere in this rotation anytime soon with the injuries they had to Christian Xavier. So Hunter Brown right now, I think you like what you're seeing. Over the last three starts, He'll only give it up four earned runs over those three starts. It's a better trend. You have the walk rates still a little higher than you want it to be. But he's still pretty young. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. We talked about him at length. If you missed it yesterday, go back and listen to yesterday show because you did a break down. Welsh had a whole breakown about Hunter Brown. The things he's doing better.
Speaker 2: Now, cut that force, mean's stopping throwing. He's throwing that force seemed less, more sinkers and better results.
Speaker 1: No great now, No one's gonna go back and watch yesterday.
Speaker 2: Way to go still go back and listen.
Speaker 1: So go back and listen. There's a lot more than that. Welsh took a shirt off.
Speaker 2: It was like Joe does impressions. I had a hat on. It's great, it's a great show.
Speaker 1: Max Meyer another guy forty two percent roster I think should be added right now. Again, be ahead of the curve. You could probably add him for a couple bucks here because whenever they announce he's coming back, people are gonna spend a lot more available in sixty percent of leagues, go do it and Welsh an oldie, but a goodie fifty percent rostered right now across the board Clayton Kershaw. Kershaw's set to begin a rehab assignment, probably later this week or at the beginning of next week, so be ahead of things here. Let's only spend a couple bucks on Kershaw. Stash him on your roster if you have the space, because we all know around the All Star break he's gonna be back and he's gonna be pitching for the Dodgers. They didn't spend all that money on him. Now, this could be bad news for Gavin Stone. That could be a guy between the Bobby Miller return and the Clayton Kershaw returns. Someoney's getting squeezed here, probably gonna be Gavin Stone, will be my guess, which isn't deserving but doesn't matter. Money talks and Clayton Kershaw's getting paid. So old man Kershaw's gonna be back sometime this time next month, so i'd be adding him as well. So those are the guys again to add the pictures, Clayton Kershaw, Max Meyer, Hunter Brown, Andrew Thorpe and a hitter Alec Burlson. Those are your waiver wire ads for the week. Welsh, Let's get to the next part of the show, the three up and three down Will Smith. It's the Dodger edition Will Smith three for four with a three run homer, James Paxson's six innings there, one run ball against the Rangers, and shoey Otani with a two run bomb, three down Dame Dunning six runs and three and two thirds. Hector Narris Blue another safe boo and Max Fried was just kind of mid four runs over five innings. Juan Soto on the injury list here, but in a good way. He was out playing the field. Did this surprise you Welsh?
Speaker 2: Love it? No? I mean not big surprise obviously, like he is way better than we thought. He already got into game dhing huge, huge news. But give me Jason Domingez or I'll keep crying about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Logan o'hapi, I had a little grom injury. You know, he's okay, he's walking it off. He's gonna rub some beer in it. It's gonna be all right. Jack Flaherty gonna anti inflammatory injection on Monday, so we'll see how that goes. For the back code. I senga Welsh kode I Senga is gonna throw a bullpen session today. We'll see how that goes. Edwin Diaz is gonna be activated tomorrow. Get excited. Taylor Ward left the game early because of a lower back issue. Jack Jerks and Profar also left the game due to knee soreness. He's been dealing with for a while apparently, so could we sell high time on him. Bobby Miller made another minor league start on Thursday. He's all set to do that. Kyle Tucker has not resumed baseball activities yet, hopefully soon. Zach Gallon with a hamstring injury. He threw a thirty one pitch bullpen session. This is some bad news here, Welch Christian and Karnassian. Strand has licked damage in his hand and he might have season ending surgery. This would be a huge bummer.
Speaker 2: Welsh, Yeah, yeah, And I think that's where it's heading. I will say this though, it's a positive for roster construction to understand what the Reds are going to be like Noelvie Marte's coming back, What does that look like and mean for the roster. It's one less fight for these guys to all be playing regularly. So it is bad for you, right, But at least we're not sitting.
Speaker 1: Out here's marte Yea, You're one hundred percent right on that, Like he would just go in there and become the everyday guy.
Speaker 2: Like I don't see first base DH takes away from maybe Candelar. I mean, it's just like we don't have as much to deal with now. I mean, if Matt McClain ever gets healthy, maybe that throws a little bit of a wrinkle in but that didn't happen anytime soon.
Speaker 1: You believe he in McLain. I know he kind of came out of nowhere last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like I like Matt McClain. I think I never believed the batting average because I watched him for two and a half years afl in the miners always struggled with consistent batting average, and then all of a sudden he was just I hit two ninety all the time. But he is a big power. He has huge power. He definitely can run. I just thought he was gonna be more of a two to fifty guy. But I am a believer because he made some huge strides. If anything, I was ready to go into this year with McLean over Altuve. So yeah, I am. But I don't know if I would buy him, like coming back.
Speaker 1: This year and yes, go cards. Alvarez did play for the Mets. He got activated yesterday, but he went over because he's a Met, and that's what you do.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: J Turel Muto's gonna miss a month because of right knee surgery. And Brian Wu was scratched from the start yesterday because of forearm issue. So he went from Brian woo to Brian oo oo. Yeah, like the opposite, like yeah, so uh not good here for Brian Wu Welsh is this is this now the sign where the Mariners better get a move on because they've been kind of treading water, treading water. If Wu goes down, there's Crochet, there's Luis. Robert. Put your chips into the middle of the table and go make a move. Yes.
Speaker 2: The only problem is the conversation around it right now. I don't blame it. I know people have been like, oh about this, but the White Sox want more than what the Padres traded for Sodo. But like, I think Robert has an extra year of eligibility in there as well. So if that's the cost for Robert, let's say that probably looks like if we were to translate to the Mariners, let's just call it Johnny Farmelo and Laz, you know, because smart, yeah, or Ty Pete and and and lash. But my thing is is, like they traded James Wood and Mackenzi, goren c j Abrams, You're gonna at least have to do that for Robert. So what you're saying is, go get crochet and Robert. I don't know if you can get both of them. Maybe they have to go and try to go get a crochet, which, by the way, a crochet probably costs two of them. So if they were to it both, they're gonna have to deplete their entire system. But you would have two massive control.
Speaker 1: Two years are more like for a crochet. Well why not, Look, man, I rae's your window. Go get it done. You're the Mariners. Come on, it's not like you have you don't even gotten there ever. Just get there, bro.
Speaker 2: They should go and get one of these guys they. I mean, I don't you know what I would say too. Here's another little side thing. Maybe you say, screw the crochet thing because of the cost. Get Eric Fetti. Eric Fetti has been good this year. Get a veteran pitcher. Get him in the back into the rotation and get.
Speaker 1: Robert, get somebody like that. Do you get him for a song?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm saying, go get Robert and Fetti in a trade and then let the White Sox go get our King's ransom for Crochet somewhere else.
Speaker 1: That's fine too. Let's speaking of ransoms. It's time for the best bets of the day. Nice Welsh with Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure you're placing your bets over at bet three six five. Use that promo code leading off bet five bucks get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets. When you do boy Welsh, she would be a little bit more enthusiastic.
Speaker 2: Well, ransom, you threw me off. You're like, speaking of ransom, I threw.
Speaker 1: The I threw up there, you know, talking about money, talking about you know stuff. You know. Think you think I was talking about the old Mel Gibson movie.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It felt very like stick them up. I was like, whoa, by the way, we don't want.
Speaker 1: To gambling problem called one hundred gambler or one a hundred bets off. In Iowa terms and conditions do apply. Let's talk about the bets today. Five hundred yesterday and not so great. But I love the over today. Total runs nine is the number between the Braves and the Baltimore Orioles. You got Povic, you got Schwelley, you got Schwelly balls on there. I'm go home for Schwelly balls. That's what That's what I'm called lollyballs is on the mound. Yeah, I think we're gonna get into the bullpens here and I think we're gonna go over this run total. So give me the over on this one. Sandago once again on the run line minus one and a half against the A's. It's just a good bet kids. Michael King on the mound against the A's too, I like him over on the strikeouts to I think it's six and a half, but I'm still going over on it too, just barely. Gunnar Henderson going back to that game with the Braves and the Baltimore Orioles. Give me the over on the total basis minus one fourteen for him. Marcelo Zuni, give me over point five RBI. I'm giving you four bets today, no parlay, so I'll give me the extra bet. But the Marcelo Zudo won a plus one forty. Love that to drive in a run today again, I'm looking for runs in Baltimore, Atlanta, so I'm investing there. Welsh, where are you investing today?
Speaker 2: Well, I was two and one yesterday. We'll take it. We we'll take it to the bank. And I've got a lot of bets that I do like. I will give a pseudo parlay. It's not an official play, but here are my plays so far. Sonny Gray six and a half strikeouts, taking the over minus one twenty five. This is a very good matchup. He has hit this, I think in two of his last three starts. Pirates strikeout numbers have just been a bit higher as of recent so I like this for Sunny. Gray would have liked it if it was a little bit lower, but I'm still taking it. You mentioned San Diego. I'm also on the San Diego run line plus one ten. I saw it at minus one and a half. A nurfe Chicago and Tampa Bay no run first inning, minus one twenty five. There's a couple that seemed interesting. Odds are really bad. Javier Asad Aaron Savale Cubs are worse as far as they're up in like the top ten in no run first inning scoring, but they are much worse. They're in the bottom half of the league away. So I kind of like this one as one of the plays if you're looking for a parlay. I don't hate the idea of maybe rocking a run line parlay of the twins who are about to play and the padres. Put those two together, you get almost three to one if you take the run lines on both of them. But you want to check out all the other plays. People are, hey, where's our big money parlay stuff? Go to bettingpros dot com slash Joe, bettingpros dot com slash Welsh check out our plays. Maybe you can put a couple together if you're feeling frisky and want to do some parlays. But we got some good straight bets up there for you guys to start rocking today and keep that little that little notification. I want that little fire still. I got that fire symbol on me right now back.
Speaker 1: I had the fire symbol for four days and now that's all I want is the fire symbol back. So why you're gonna bring some more energy to the clothes here for the board yes, those were the best bets the day. That was beautiful, Welsh. I really thank you almost as much as the right Field song. All right, let's let's talk about home run calls. I'm going again sticking with the bets here Marcelo is doing. I'm invested, so let's just go all in Welsh. Where are you going for your home run call for today?
Speaker 2: I completely forgot to even put up well, I'll let you.
Speaker 1: A filibuster here I am at eighteen sixteenth overall here, I mean the cluster. I'm still on the wrong side of the board. I need one more. Marcello's gonna get me two home runs today and I'm back over on the other side. Jerry, I'm back on the other side, love, and every minute of it. What do you think you found? Home run call? You like here? Buddy? You want to go Gunner Henderson off the schwelly ball.
Speaker 2: That's exactly where we're going. We're going back to Gunner Baby off the swelly balls.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, so Gunner it is for Welsh, Marcelo Zuna for me. So we're all invested in that game. So they better be thirteen runs, which means it's probably gonna be a two to one game or one nothing. That's gonna be what it is. Schwelly balls will go seven score less. I thinks it's gonna beautiful. You know what else is beautiful? This conversation, more of this, more baseball, more of us. Join us right now on our discord Fantasypros dot com slash chat, or go right to Fantasypros dot com slash Cleaning Up. Welsh and are gonna clean this place up. It's a mess. We're gonna clean it up and talk more baseball and talk to you about your life problems. Talk to you about your trade problems. You got dynasty trades, you got waiver wire pickups, you got trades, you're in a league, gotta figure out stuff. You got roster problems. Welsh and I will help you solve all of your problems. So go over there right now, tune in, and if you miss it, remember you can listen to it wherever you get your podcasts on Fantasy Pros m LB. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Go check out cleaning Up.
Speaker 2: Please figure it o figure off figure Oh.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB